• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Because I have named all things, I now have power over all things! Now bow before me, lest I call you’re True Name! ... Wait that only works on outsiders doesn’t it... Forget I said anything!

Sam Cherry

Frequntly covered in scabs and cuts from his most recent tumble, young Sammy Cherry is a sweet young rapscallion of a boy who is generally more than content to go for a run with his friends and maybe occasionally take turns swordfighting with sticks. A generally supportive little lad, when his face isn't hitting the dirt, he still believes in faeries and monsters under the bed as much as he believes in the gods, the latter coming from a strong influence from his now deceased mother.

Who also gave him some minor teachings on the benefits of those of whom who place their faith in the gods. His father however, had more influence than his mother might imagine, being a blacksmith and instilled the training and greatness of creation into his bright blue eyes. Well, being of dwarf blood also helps one think of the forge gods, hell he even had a good sized beard from a young age! Though... sadly he also inherited his father's height... And stocky build. But thankfully his mother's openness to most things.

...And her inability to keep tears in...

Nonetheless, he acts a form of...Doer in some of his friend groups, and is more than ready to make new friends as much as he can.

Quick appearance:

Most noteable features, good beard from young age due to dwarven blood, clumsy on his feet, Big blue eyes, nervous around girls.

SHeet Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Sam Cherry

Frequntly covered in scabs and cuts from his most recent tumble, young Sammy Cherry is a sweet young rapscallion of a boy who is generally more than content to go for a run with his friends and maybe occasionally take turns swordfighting with sticks. A generally supportive little lad, when his face isn't hitting the dirt, he still believes in faeries and monsters under the bed as much as he believes in the gods, the latter coming from a strong influence from his now deceased mother.

Who also gave him some minor teachings on the benefits of those of whom who place their faith in the gods. His father however, had more influence than his mother might imagine, being a blacksmith and instilled the training and greatness of creation into his bright blue eyes. Well, being of dwarf blood also helps one think of the forge gods, hell he even had a good sized beard from a young age! Though... sadly he also inherited his father's height... And stocky build. But thankfully his mother's openness to most things.

...And her inability to keep tears in...

Nonetheless, he acts a form of...Doer in some of his friend groups, and is more than ready to make new friends as much as he can.

Quick appearance:

Most noteable features, good beard from young age due to dwarven blood, clumsy on his feet, Big blue eyes, nervous around girls.

SHeet Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets
I'll go start the rp. Just need to know whats yer basic relationship with the group? Nervous around kali and running around with wash and the changling?

Io: "I've got a fever"
Fellow kids: "And the only prescription is more cowbell?"
Io: "No, I mean I'm permanently crippled."

Mmm... Having trouble deciding the right balance between ego and meekness.

A person can be an alpha wolf in one circle and a beta wolf in another. It's not really fair to classify a person as one or the others without considering all the factors that bring out a person's different traits.

C.S. Lewis described friendship that way in "The Four Loves". Each friend shines different light on a person, shedding light on different facets. Every relationship is unique in that way. Or something like that. It's a rough paraphrase. I highly recommend that book.

Last edited:
A person can be an alpha wolf in one circle and a beta wolf in another. It's not really fair to classify a person as one or the others without considering all the factors that bring out a person's different traits.

C.S. Lewis described friendship that way in "The Four Loves". Each friend shines different light on a person, shedding light on different facets. Every relationship is unique in that way. Or something like that. It's a rough paraphrase. I highly recommend that book.

That may be true to life, but it doesn't make getting into character easy...

btw, I think it's possible to connect threads to one another so we can quickly access the ooc, character sheets, the IC respectively, it's at the top of the thread if I remember

Can't do that here. But I have linked the ooc and main together.

( I will make a character using this post once I recieve an answer to this question)

Ok sooo... I play a lot of d&d and I'm usually the dm, but the problem is that 1. I've only got the beginner's version of the rulebook and 2. I don't strictly follow the rules in any of my gagames (only my games. That means only when I'm the dm, don't worry about me breaking any of your rules.)

The result of that is that I've never had an actual d&d session that follows the d&d rules, so I basically know nothing at all about the rules of the game. If there isn't a problem with me being a complete noob, then I'd be glad to join this! I really like this plot but I'm worried that I must be of a certain skill level to play...

Don't worry, we care more about the story, so we can help you out with the rules whenever you need.

Afropuppy Afropuppy Don't worry, I care mostly about the basics: Combat rules and, saving throws, ability checks. We're not doing fatigue because while I like those rules, it might ruin a forum game. However thirst might be used if we go to a desert lol. For the most part as Felix said, I'm more worried about you writing a story and being an active player that has ambition and goals that you want to achieve individual and with the group.

the rest can be sorted out if you're willing to read the dnd beyond basic rules

Oh ok! I love d&d in general so I don't mind having to read a few more rules to play it again! I'm gonna try to find the advanced version of the rulebook on the internet, I'll be right back!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back