• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Orphanage playground

Main
Here

still watching fma

Elder Member
Filled with all your essential needs. Swords, target dummies, and an open field for running laps. 🤔

Villain king: character link
Boom baby, here comes a an impatient know-it-all with an inferiority complex and celestial blood. He suffers from a magical disease that eats away at his physical strength, but don't worry. He made a deal with the Lord of Secrets so he's magic now! Surely nothing bad can come from this. Everybody welcome Io the Seeker Warlock!

Oh also, Lord of Secrets is coincidentally Io's criminal contact for his background. I figure it makes sense thematically.

lord of secrets:
He collects secrets, and harvests power from people's dreams where their subconscious intersects with the Astral Plane. He can learn and collect people's secrets by entering their dreams. He communicates with Io almost exclusively at nightime or while Io is asleep/unconscious. Other than that, he is overall mysterious and shadowy. When he makes himself visible, he prefers to manifest his form as a shimmering silhouette of shadowy nebulas and stars, or as a cosmic snake with planets for eyes and scales of starlight

Ilikepie: Character sheet
picture
She likes them and she would be more of a voice of reason despite possibly being the youngest.

Casts thaumatgurgy makes her eyes red and makes her voice louder. "WHICH ONE OF YOU IDIOTS ATE THE PASTRY I PUT NEXT TO MY BOOK?"

I think I got a good idea female tiefling bard the little smart girl that loves reading music and animals. She gets annoyed whenever someone gets in the way of her reading/music. Knowledge is power and the best way to make people give you their knowledge is through music.
Pbtenchi: character sheet
Dancy (Real name Jin Antonie Jelah)

Dancy didn't even know she was a changeling until he lost her parents. The stress triggered the first change, from human girl to changeling boy. More stress. One of his parents was a changeling and never told her. Did both know? Or was one keeping it secret the whole time they knew each other? Dancy quickly found out it being a publicly known changeling lead to suspicion and bullying, but the hatred for his parent's lie made her develop a strong revulsion to lying.

Dancy isn’t good at holding one form, especially when he gets highly emotional. This leads to identity problems, so Dancy has a signature blue scarf she’s never seen without (Possibly a gift?). This scarf is like a face to him and is so well known it allows people to recognize her no matter what form he inhabits.

Dancy’s personality at the moment I picture as being similar to Sansa Stark early on in ASOIAF.

Dancy is surprisingly vain and takes a degree of pride in being a public changeling. “Since beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, I can be the most beautiful in the world.”

Dancy has an artistic personality, loving dancing, painting, music and acting, and being a changeling makes her quite good at it, being able to changes appearances perfectly for a role or change voice for singing. It was only during the grueling work at the ‘orphanage’ that Dancy realized that the ancient dance training his parents had her do was rudimentary monk training.

Zotar: character sheet

Im the cat. And cat is cat. I like warm hugs, but only on my terms or ill scratch you. Im aloof and off exploring, or entertaining passers by with my feats of feline agility and natural combat prowess. When someone threatens me or my own im fierce protector. I never forget and im slow to forgive wrongdoing. But ill forget my grudges the moment i see something small and scittering or shiiiiiny. Favorite game: hide and seek. I sleep in the attic.

I make it my business to know everybody... From afar... before intruding and investigating, and often fighting. I stalk and slink around at times, but I promise I'm a warm and friendly, and cuddly instinctual killer.... did I say killer?

My best friend is the kid who can look like anyone. Sometimes she's a cat like me and I like that.

Wash will be about 11 years old, tall for his age; around 4'11". He's covered with a thin layer of peachfuzzy white fur with blond stripes, and a head of wild frizzy white and blond hair. His eyes are brown. He always accents his simple clothes with something red. His stage name is "Lyger" and his costume is a lion's hide cloak with crimson stripes.

extra backstory:

Felix: character sheet

My character concept is a deformed half gnome, who spent most of her early years in a junkyard and then found a prosthetic hand that gave her wild magic. I think I want her to be one of the first kids found by this adventurer dude and that she somehow helped save the other kids.

I built Kiki around this theme of intuition and experimentation

I think Kiki is very curious about the racial abilities of the others, but she is not great with boundaries, so she might provoke a display in a less favorable way. She does care deeply for all of them, since she considers them part of the family she never had. Maybe she feels a little less comfortable around Dancy, since she has so many ways to look pretty, while Kiki will always hide away her ugly face.

Last edited:
That might have been Kiki, but she won't own up to it.

I think Kiki is very curious about the racial abilities of the others, but she is not great with boundaries, so she might provoke a display in a less favorable way. She does care deeply for all of them, since she considers them part of the family she never had. Maybe she feels a little less comfortable around Dancy, since she has so many ways to look pretty, while Kiki will always hide away her ugly face.
I'm loving it. Now we have the team assembled almost. Just waiting for one more then we can begin.

Ilikepie Ilikepie pbtenchi pbtenchi Zotar Zotar Lurker Lurker

While we wait I'll set the basic expectations for the rp and if any of it doesn't suit you, lemme know.

1. First thing's first, the first 2 level will go by quickly. In this rp, they're meant to introduce you to the world and give you a glimpse of the orphanage, town, and forest around you.
2. Second, The only time there's a posting order is when we are in combat and have officially rolled for initiative.
3. When you challenge the world and can reasonably fail, such as trying to sneak past a baker while another kid acts as the distraction, you have to roll.
4.There's a port town nearby with reasonable amenities. A market square, a church, a library, blacksmith, baker, and a farmer. It connects two larger cities. I'll map it out only when enough is explored individually. They're a lawfully good town, but some people are afraid of the orphans.
5. I will provide you with scenery with my own maps from inkarnate and a description to go with it, but it's only 3/4 the puzzle. There's always some kind of misdirection or secret nearby.

I wonder what kind of animals live around the area and I hope they have interesting personalities when I speak to them with the speak with animals spell.

I wonder what kind of animals live around the area and I hope they have interesting personalities when I speak to them with the speak with animals spell.
You're gonna find a lot of scavengers, varmits, and other predators that were pushed out of the diminishing south bend forest. Some are devious and want your flesh, others are willing to talk for cheese. It just depends on who you find. ;)

Also I havent forgotten that pet from before. I think you'll be happy with what I have in mind.

wait wasn't this suppoused to be the ooc?

than I claim this land in the name of all oris.

How? Wisdom only increases with age. Every second I gain on you, sucker!

they should call you smugtar. >.>

Granted.

Guess i'm letting my posts get to my head. I feel on form tonight.

Aside: I'm only two posts along with this role-play and I'm actually liking Wash better than Xinnia. She's not as fun a personality to write for. It's gonna take a bit of patience to develop her character. Whereas Wash actually feels like a fun little romp that could go anywhere with what won't FEEL like an effort. What do you think?

Granted.

Guess i'm letting my posts get to my head. I feel on form tonight.

Aside: I'm only two posts along with this role-play and I'm actually liking Wash better than Xinnia. She's not as fun a personality to write for. It's gonna take a bit of patience to develop her character. Whereas Wash actually feels like a fun little romp that could go anywhere. What do you think?
I definitely noticed a new side of you when you took on the role of Wash. Xinnia is so diligent and reserved. So I couldn't really tell even as the reader what she's think or is like. Here I know full well you're a cat. And cats, well I love cats but they don't like me bad. >.< I've enjoyed your posts so far because it feels so naturally rp'd.

Heck everyone's does. I gotta kick it up a notch lol

Well, diligent and reserved was what I was going for.
🤔
A cloistered scholar with few social skills and a dark backstory? Yeah Xinnia needs a vacation, soak up the sun, get a little... darker? Do dark elves tan?

And I quite agree. Everyone's got the skills for this role play.

Things are going great for Kali she has 2 crushing on her and has 1 afraid of her, but she is also 10 and has zero interest in dating until she gets older.

Things are going great for Kali she has 2 crushing on her and has 1 afraid of her, but she is also 10 and has zero interest in dating until she gets older.

"Ugh! Boys are so immature."

Say. still watching fma still watching fma . If our characters ever reach a big city on a hill, can I name it?

Ilikepie Ilikepie it's funny because the two boys crushing on Kali have such different personalities and approaches to social situations

Sam: *writes heartfelt love note, picks pretty flowers for her*
Io: "the quickest path to the mind is through the brain stem"
Lord of Secrets: *laughs in eldritch*

Sam is just feeling weird things for all girls rn.

Granted, it could also be the powers of the divine.

Or maybe puberty.

Likely both.

Ilikepie Ilikepie it's funny because the two boys crushing on Kali have such different personalities and approaches to social situations

Sam: *writes heartfelt love note, picks pretty flowers for her*
Io: "the quickest path to the mind is through the brain stem"
Lord of Secrets: *laughs in eldritch*

1579666251646.png

Sam is just feeling weird things for all girls rn.

Granted, it could also be the powers of the divine.

Or maybe puberty.

Likely both.

I vaguely remember such a confused state of mind. Sam actually reminds me of my younger self. I related so hard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back