• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy the origin of dust [mystery sci-fi/fantasy interest check]

ghostling

doing ok, cowboy?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
you live on an island. as far as you know, the island is the whole world. you have lived here all your life. on this island there is are forests, there are villages, there are beaches, there are farms. there are cliffs to the north. there are no boats, because everything needed for life is already on the island. life is slow, and quiet, but it’s good, even though the winters are getting tougher.

one day a body washes up on the northernmost shore. it’s pale and bloodied and so badly bashed against the rocks it’s barely recognisable as human anymore. it isn’t anyone from the villages; everyone is accounted for. a meeting is called and a funeral is held. the ashes are scattered over the cliffs, as is custom.

strange things start happening in the days which follow. animals disappearing. lights flickering between the trees. shadows cast by nothing. someone gets sick. then someone else. then someone else. the illness is unexplained, but they complain of lethargy, aching bones, cold sweats, bleeding noses. the sun starts to set too soon. the sky at dusk is crimson one night, the next purple as a bruise.

on the seventh day, another body washes up on the shore. this one is alive.

I've never run a Quest RP before, but I've had this plot in my head for a while & I feel like it would work best with the Quest format - so here I am :~) the above outline is intentionally a bit vague, as I'd like to tailor the worldbuilding depending on my partner's preferences as well as my own. This means we could go for a more fantasy, sci-fi, or realistic lean, & we can decide on the time & place setting together.

The world & the plotline are inspired by/loosely based on Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials novels (I haven't seen the TV series or read the sequels yet) - but no knowledge of the series is required whatsoever. In fact the less you know about them, the more effective the mystery aspect will be, lol.

Please comment or message me if you're interested & we can discuss details :~D

my standard rules/disclaimer:

• 18+ only; i'm 23, i don't rp with minors. nothing personal! :~)

• i sometimes reply sporadically; i write when i have the energy & inspiration, so i might manage three replies on a good day but then take a couple of weeks to write one. RP is a hobby, not a job, and sometimes i just don't feel like it -- pressure sucks the fun out of it, so please be patient & i'll do the same for you! i will let you know if i'll be absent more than a week.

• third person past tense preferred

• i’m happy to write here or via email; IMs for ooc only, sorry

• importantly - please be willing to communicate & develop the RP along with me! my longest-lasting RPs have been kept alive through good communication & mutual interest. i'm happy chatting ooc too! and i can usually be active ooc even when i'm not able to write replies.

Don't know what this is about but I'm willing to join and even pitch in ideas. I haven't been in a Questlog for a long time now, a little sad since I was something of a regular back then. You can start anytime, I'll be there. Just don't forget to tag me or I might get a little lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back