• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Order of Seven - recruitment thread

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
A Sherlock Holmes-style supernatural mystery thriller with vampires, werewolves, demons, ghosts and more. This will be a high-casual to detailed thread and I would like players that are willing to at least give it a really good shot.

dark-street.jpg
Europe, 1850

Queen Victoria sits on England’s throne; the Prussian empire is strong and France is embroiled in political turmoil. The industrial age creeps up upon the unsuspecting, pushed forward by opportunists and those who barely understand the power they are beginning to command. Poverty is rife, as is the golden spectacular that is the aristocracy. This is a world of smoke, steam and electricity, of new machines and old traditions but most importantly, it is a world of change.

Strange happenings have always occurred: unexplained things, mysterious things. A set of hauntings, a string of murders, a series of disappearances. Not many pay them much mind…except a select few. There are some who can read the messages written in blood, or ghostly tales or the footprints of the unseen, some who can feel the waking of ancient slumbering things or sense a disturbance on the ethereal planes. Trouble is brewing, trouble of a supernatural character.

There is a single organization that is tasked with controlling these phenomena, to protect the unknowing and quell the angry thrashes of the unknown. These are the ghost hunters, the vampire slayers and demon killers. Those of mankind who delve into the darkness, and some who are even of the darkness themselves…

With the growing unease among the members of this group it was unanimously decided to create a task force, one that would investigate the elevated levels of supernatural events, silence the most harmful and track their source. The best and the brightest were called from all around the world to join forces and put a stop to the writhing evil that is beginning to wake.

This is a recruitment thread put up to collect a few more players. We have started but are currently in a pause within the story, which has not progressed very far yet, so you can join and not feel lost.

Updates of all that has happened so far are posted below and I will help you with any questions you might have.
I have put a lot of time into this idea and will be very active in keeping it running so if you're looking for a thread that will stay alive, this one is a good bet.

Slots open: at the moment I will take as many applicants as there are.

~Link to thread~

Update:

Chapter 1, The Last Hound of London

Part 1

There have been a series of murders happening in a poorer part of London, the victims exclusively werewolves. Now three order members have been added to the tally, found in an old order safe house just off Piccadilly Circus. One was a prominent speaker for the werewolf community. His death would sew fear and dissent if it were to get out to the general masses. All murders were committed using a silver dagger not unlike those given to order members, though underworld dealers can acquire weapons like them. The first several murders were always performed when the victim was alone and were quite bloody with signs of a struggle however the later ones show almost no signs of a struggle and the final act had three victims killed at the same time.
Traces of a silver powder were found at only the scenes that were indoors.

Thaddeus, the only werewolf member of the team has a contact in the underworld that may be able to trace the weapon but before the team could act on the lead they were called down to the docks where a werewolf named Irwin was stirring up a crowd. When he pulled a gun on one of the members Thaddeus took the bullet and the crowd dispersed in panic, allowing Irwin to transform into a wolf without being witnessed by the mundanes.

Irwin, after taking several shots and a knife wound by the order members hesitates when he sees Thaddeus (a fellow werewolf) and retreats instead of attacking into a warehouse nearby. The order members decide to use some of the dock equipment to lay a trap and Jon, the newest member of their team goes in to the warehouse as bait.

The trap was sprung and caught their quarry, who was then taken, subdued to the Order's London headquarters at Westminster Abbey to have his wounds tended for a later questioning. The team, waiting for Sir Amberdale and the recovery of Irwin have taken the opportunity to rest and talk.

Part 2

The group go to visit Irwin when he is recovered and learn what he knows. There was a witness to one of the dockside murders, a ten year old workhouse boy by the name of Charlie. Irwin warns them of Charlie's abilities as a 'Rat-Speaker', an individual who can summon and command the rats of London (of which there are very many). At the same time one of the Order's lead figures, a werewolf, informs them that Thaddeus has been accepted as an official member of the order and it to be sworn in that night.
Our team goes to seek out this witness and arrives at the workhouse just in time to see the boy try to flee.

Last edited:
This RP seems really interesting! If I can, I'll join, but with college and all.. I'm not 100% sure..

This RP seems really interesting! If I can, I'll join, but with college and all.. I'm not 100% sure..
You're the best person to make that call. Right now posts are happening about once a week, but I'd love to see that increase.

You're the best person to make that call. Right now posts are happening about once a week, but I'd love to see that increase.
I know. I'm working on a CS while checking my schedule for next week to see if I can fit in some free time that I can dedicate towards RPing. I'll most likely have an answer by Sunday, or Monday at the latest :)

Intriguing setup. Any objection to a Fairy? I have a concept I never had a chance to explore of a Victorian-era Fairy who fell in love with a human, married, and adopted his name, his cause and his faith for as long as he remained faithful. Some of the Victorian-era lore on the topic indicated a fairy woman could even gain a soul through marriage, though that facet's likely tangential to this game.

Is the concept okay? Should I try a sheet?

Intriguing setup. Any objection to a Fairy? I have a concept I never had a chance to explore of a Victorian-era Fairy who fell in love with a human, married, and adopted his name, his cause and his faith for as long as he remained faithful. Some of the Victorian-era lore on the topic indicated a fairy woman could even gain a soul through marriage, though that facet's likely tangential to this game.

Is the concept okay? Should I try a sheet?
Sounds great ^^ I have a lore section up for fairies, just have a quick read through that and let me know if you would like to add to it.

Sounds great ^^ I have a lore section up for fairies, just have a quick read through that and let me know if you would like to add to it.

I just posted up my Bryony Byng, let me know if she meets your standards (or just hit me up with a PM if we need further discussion).

I'm half done but I'm about to do a medical procedure in a couple hours so I'll try to get it finished before then. Stupid pictures don't want to cooperate though :( SilverFlight SilverFlight

SilverFlight SilverFlight Count me in. Have an idea for a character in mind, might have some questions, so I'll probably end up sending you a pm about it before I post it up.

Are you still accepting? I think this is a really cool concept and I love the time period.
Perfect! I am still accepting. I've started the next step in the story but I can still fit your character in no problem. Please make a CS ^^

Perfect! I am still accepting. I've started the next step in the story but I can still fit your character in no problem. Please make a CS ^^
Before I start I would like to ask about my character, I notice there are plenty of those from Britain and the neighboring countries but would I be able to make a character (Human or creature alike?) from say like Egypt, or Japan? Add a little spice to the mix?

Before I start I would like to ask about my character, I notice there are plenty of those from Britain and the neighboring countries but would I be able to make a character (Human or creature alike?) from say like Egypt, or Japan? Add a little spice to the mix?
That is exactly what I was hoping for. I really want the thread to be full of diverse characters from all over the world. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back