• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Order of Seven - accepting

The evening at the London Headwuaters was quite flamboyant in nature, hearty conversations filling the large room, and gentle music accompanying it. He distanced the music, focusing more on the whispers and conversations people were holding. You never know what could be found within them...

Pascal’s emerald eyes scanned the room, as his lips sipped a glass of wine. This room was full of silver-covered hunters, a feeling he hated. And this night was to celebrate a werewolf, a damned abomination of nature. Scoffing to himself at the thought, he spotted the small hair-covered man in the foyer, speaking with one of his least favorite authorities, Amelia. Doing one more scan of the main room, he decided to head towards the two.

Once in the foyer, he slowly approached the group, silent as a mouse. With his free hand, he clasped Thaddeus’s shoulder, a smile to his face. “Just wanted to congratulate you Thaddeus!” Turning to Amelia and the other person he did not know, he dipped his head in acknowledgement. “I’m surprised a person like you is attending this event? No disrespect madáme, but you’re kind aren’t the most fun.” His vibrant French accent filled the room, while his eyes told a much different story to Amelia. The two tolerated one another, and tolerated was a nice world for it.

SilverFlight SilverFlight ForgottenName ForgottenName

A party?

Oliver hated bloody parties. Loud, full of conversation, and really just meant for the 'upper-crust' of society. Parties could go bloody piss off somewhere. Damn near everyone was quite aware of his hatred of formal get-together. More than he hated vampires, the French, and tea. So if everyone knew he hated parties, then why was there a damn telegram for him saying he had to attend one? Bloody hell, he'd just gotten back from his trip to Italy to train marksmanship to a few recruits down there. Now he's returned, practically exhausted from the uncomfortable train ride home, and now he has to attend a party?

Fine then, Oliver thought to himself as he hailed a carriage and told the man of where Oliver needed to go. They wanted him at a party, they'd get him. Another uncomfortable ride, filled with annoying questions from the driver and his love of talking about how his last customer was some high-class woman with such wonderful eyes. "Yeah mate, you were looking at her eyes I'm sure." Oliver retorted, staring back at the man who choked on his words and decided it would best be quiet for the rest of the trip. His crass words came in handy at times like these. Certainly made his rides much peaceful.

--

"Mm..this is for that Thaddeus fellow, is it?" Oliver mumbled to himself as he made his way around, hearing bits and pieces of conversation he had little interest of. He figured he may as well congratulate the man for his admittance into the Order. The telegram had described what he looked like, and he was going off that information. A small walk around the area and Oliver had landed himself in the foyer, his eyes focusing on what looked to be the man in question, along with a few different people. Oliver had begun to make his move towards the small group, holding his hand out for Thaddeus to take once the two were closer. "Oi, congrats on getting admitt-" Oliver cut his congratulations a tad short as he realized just who else was here. Another vampire, and..oh wonderful, he's French as well. Oliver's eyes flickered to the other vampire in the room, his eyes narrowing slightly. "Well look who it is."

SilverFlight SilverFlight ReverseTex ReverseTex ForgottenName ForgottenName MJ ._. MJ ._.

Mina smiled for the first time as Chancellor complemented her choice of clothing. Seemingly she understood special emotions of a hunter and could think in her scale. Before she’d ask about the storm Chancellor was afraid of, Thad gave her a brief report of order’s recent problems. “What a senseless story…” Mina muttered before noticing while thoughtfully listening to the werewolf woman. She, who was standing still with crossed arms and face down, looked up suddenly as realized had spoken her thoughts louder than a thought. “So… this is the same bloody triangle as usual; those who are supposed to become guardians of peace are at each other’s throat…” She and shook her head as if had heard tragedies like that a lot before. Talking to Chancellor was easy for Mina, despite of her being a lycan, so she went on and expressed her idea freely. “You can’t let werewolves being murdered as they’ll raise hell in the city if feel insecure. And if you work together with the tainted to defeat the Lycaon Bane, power of hunters will be halved due to fighting each other… and who’s going to be the winner here? Apparently no one. But my experience tells me that there might be someone pulling strings from shadows… someone who needs or wishes both lycans and hunters to perish… or maybe I’m just thinking too much about it.” She implied then shrugged nonchalantly but her face was dead serious. She spoke more fluently while talking about her job. “Also, for each man you kill remains a despiteful family who will try to avenge. Like this you make more enemies and have to fight and kill more of them to survive… and again with more deaths comes more thirst for blood… it’s the same as struggling in a swamp; the more you try the sooner you die.” She paused and thought more to grasp more details of the situation they were in. “The order has the privilege of keeping in order while Lycaon Bane feeds on flames of disdain. It’s a man against man situation that seems to be inevitable … but it only seems that way… If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.” Now she had focused completely on the woman, trying to clear her point. “How much do you know about members of Lycaon Bane? Before engaging in a major struggle, you should learn more about your opponent. What are their reasons for getting together and risking their lives against the order? What are their personal intentions? How many are they currently? I suggest sending a spy among them.” She offered her suggestion then glanced over Thad and Edgar who were having a friendly conversation between themselves. “For example… imagine that Mr. Valentine for some reason doesn’t like werewolves. If he murders Mr. Grey, then there is a high probability that the Lycaon Bane will invite him to join them without suspicion.” She finished her speech with some sort of satisfaction as felt like her work had already been started.
Right when Mina preferred no interruption, a man with cold and unhealthy aura approached them apparently only to teas Chancellor. His words came stupid to her ears as she thought hunters won’t gather to have fun. She doubted if he was a hunter but that thing absolutely wasn’t a normal human. And the first thing brought another one in their circle. It was when the second guy joined them to congratulate Thad that she realized the two new faces belonged to vampires. She hadn’t met or fought many before but as the two stood close she could tell from their unnoticeable similarities.
CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt ReverseTex ReverseTex

Last edited:
Prenkus Lohmeyer

“Lohmeyer? Well, I can hardly fault a fellow countryman when such striking company surrounds me. Alexander Menz, at your service.
” The hunter returned, shaking Prenkus hand before turning to Jon to repeat the gesture. If he held any reservations about being more gentle around the injured they were swept aside by the large man's firm grasp. “A pleasure to make your acquaintance.” Prenkus accepts the hand, in fact showing further enthusiasm in the greeting upon learning of the man. "Another Prussian! It's damned sure about time, Mr. Menz."
"I've since heard you saved my cousin from more than one bullet in that fight. You've my gratitude Mr. Lohmeyer. Thaddeus can be a handful at times, but he'll always be family." Iona commented to him, causing Prenkus to give a humble nod at that. He feels the spot of his shoulder where the bullet had hit him, commenting with a chuckle "Perhaps you could convince your cousin to avoid the bullets himself? I've only two shoulders, after all."

Jon then begs his leave from the two, asking to take Iona with him to speak more privately. Iona seems somewhat surprised, but shakes it off - She pulls out the pendant taken from one of the assassins, pressing it into Menz's hand. "See what you two can make of it." Prenkus merely nods, allowing the two to take their leave. It's then that Menz presents an excellent idea: “Shall we dedicate ourselves to the spirits then good sir? For I fear you'd neither enjoy leading nor being led in a waltz by myself.” He waves for a gentleman equipped with a platter of the appropriate liquids, the man coming towards them to fix the ailment of their soberness. Prenkus nods with a short laugh, "An excellent idea, Mr. Menz. I'm afraid I've never been much of a dancer." The end of his cigar burns brightly, and soon his lips part to release a cloud of dark smoke. The gentleman comes to their side, to which Prenkus is quick to take one of the glasses. “Jon mentioned a bullet wound? Sounds like quite a scuffle.. any advice on dealing with these fanatics?" Prenkus pulls the cigar from his mouth, a tail of smoke dancing in the wind as the roll is held between two fingers - He tilts the glass to his lips, knocking it back. He allows a moment of taste, but then downs the thing like a hefty shot. He gestures to the glass in approval, placing it on the platter for another. "Indeed I do, Mr. Menz," he begins, taking the second glass and resting the bottom on his ring-finger - "Shoot them. It's quite simple. Their egos may be inflated, that much is quite clear, but I'm afraid they bleed just like any other man. Merely be sure to watch for them, as they quite enjoy striking from the shadows."

SilverFlight SilverFlight MrBossMan MrBossMan Fenris Fenris

Thaddeus continued to stay close to Edgar, as much for his own peace of mind as the young man's.
Chancellor Cartwright raised an eyebrow at the Frenchman and his rather blunt comment. "Indeed? And it is reassuring to know that you have yet to break character with your countrymen, Monsieur."
The pass at his nationality was an indication that she wasn't willing to play games this evening.
Thaddeus tried to hid his smile. "She shouldn't be attending." He said, trying to salvage some form of civility by ignoring the man's jab at werewolves.
"The lady Chancellor has refused protective custody, even with the werewolf-targeted murders."
"I will not cower." The head of the Order said firmly.
Just then a second man appeared, also aiming to congratulate Thaddeus, he stopped short when he saw the Frenchman and Thaddeus bit his lip, wondering what was about to happen.

Cartwright, instead diverted her attention to the African woman Thaddeus had brought her moments before.
"Very well-put my dear. I can see why you were recommended for the task force. Unfortunately we know very little about that particular band of extremists. They were popular about 300 years ago, in the middle of the renaissance. The Order shut them down and they've been quiet...until now, it would seem. Their symbol has not changed as far as I recall, they have always had those unique silver pins with the three-point clasp. Very distinct."
Thaddeus' attention was weaving in between both conversations when suddenly something Mina said made him snap his head back to her.
"Murder--now see here, I think there has been far too much talk of brutality this evening."
"I do not think she meant it in earnest Thaddeus, more of an act. Hmm, it is certainly an idea. I will take it under consideration."
"I'd like it best if the plan did not require me to fake my death..." he mumbled irritably.

"Well, gentlemen, and lady, pains me as it does I must go on ahead and review the preparation of the room. I shall see you at the tenth bell."
With that, the chancellor excused herself from their company, leaving Thaddeus still a little put out. he looked up at the illuminated clock face on the tower above their heads, quarter to ten. The ceremony would begin very soon.

ForgottenName ForgottenName MJ ._. MJ ._. CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt ReverseTex ReverseTex

Pascal forced a smile as the Chancellor jabbed at him, the hidden meaning behind the words quite visible. “At least I am not rebelling,” he simply said, not wanting to add anymore to the woman. But just as he was turning away, he spotted the British vampire, whom he hated. Turning his attention to his counterpart, he narrowed his emerald eyes.

Indeed. Quite a shame those highwaymen didn’t get you the first time, because I would’ve paid a handful to see it.” Clasping a more than firm hand on Oliver’s shoulder, his eyes shooting daggers compared to his calm expression. “Let’s not stir this up near the initiate, don’t want to ruin his big night eh?”

Letting go of Oliver, he tipped his wine glass in a cheer motion, stepping away from the group. He leaned his back against a pillar, taking a sip of his wine as he watched Oliver follow in amusement.

SilverFlight SilverFlight ForgottenName ForgottenName MJ ._. MJ ._. CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt

Oliver let out a low whistle as the other vampire lashed back at him with a rather below-the-belt insult. "Ouch. If I still felt sadness, I think I'd be crying right now. Speaking of sadness..I bet you still see your poor family in your dreams, yeah? Sure it makes you wake up bawling like a little child. Too bad your mother isn't there to comfort you, yeah?" The two had done little but insult each other the day they met, though Oliver couldn't remember any of their bantering leading to anything psychical. Oliver had to work with the dirty French buffoon, he may as well find some enjoyment. As Pascal put his hand on Oliver's shoulder, the two merely stared at one other before Pascal reminded him of the new initiate. Oh yeah, that guy was still here.

Once Pascal had left, Oliver turned his attention back to the new guy, Thaddeus. "Well..I suppose I should say congratulations. I'm sure you and I will get along just fine, yeah? Just don't be like the baguette over there and we'll be like biscuits and tea. Anyway...if you'll excuse me, I've got a bit of business to take care of." Oliver excused himself from the small group, heading to the only other vampire in the building."You mind telling me what I've missed over the past little bit while I was in Italy? In English. Not in your native tongue, if you'd be so kind."

ReverseTex ReverseTex SilverFlight SilverFlight MJ ._. MJ ._. ForgottenName ForgottenName

Mina dipped her head as goodbye when Chancellor excused herself from their conversation. She owed an explanation to Thad that had to wait for distracting vampires finish their unkind comments before continuing their chat. Actually, Pascal and Oliver were acting so childish that she felt like they were mocking rest of them. Those two left soon as well and then it was only Thad, Edgar and her to talk about fighting Lycaon Bane.

“You probably don’t like to go in hiding but regarding that the headmistress refuses it and more importantly; spreading the rumor of her death will cause fear and disappointment among your allies, the only remaining option is you, Mr. Grey. Also, it’ll keep you safe as well…” She explained her reasons to the werewolf. “Of course, I can’t tell you what to do. It was only a suggestion and I’d like to hear your solution for this problem as well.” She added.

Mina glanced around the foyer then to Thad and Edgar. “How many members does the order have? I’d like to see your hunting skills… to get more aquatint with you guys… is it possible?” She asked them.

Last edited:
"Now, what is it you wanted to say that the others couldn't hear?"

"Thank you," is all he said to her as he grabbed her waist and hand. Then began to dance with the music, it was awkward at first as Jonathan tried to find his rhythm. Ignoring the looks from others as they saw this giant of a man tower over the famed and respected Iona Grey. "I wouldn't be here, right now, if it wasn't for you. For that I thank you." He was now feeling more comfortable with himself and started to fumble less with his footwork. His old lessons with his mother starting to return to him. He didn't really know why he decided to dance in the first place but saying the simple words of 'thank you' took a lot from a man like Jon. Something he'd prefer to say only once and not in front of many people. "I'm used to working alone, not really depending on anyone except myself. I think I learned a lesson the hard way today. Death seems to be a capable teacher.....and a motivator." With that he smiled at her, this time a warm, genuine smile.

He would then lead Iona into a spin then pull her back in with his hand on her waist.

"I'm to involved in my work, to the point were it consumes me at times. So when I came to and stepped out here only to see the celebration going on. I thought it'd be nice to simply escape, if only for an hour. Which brings me here, with a beautiful woman, dancing for the first time in years. Doesn't it feel nice Iona? Just to get away from it all? Hand off that pin to someone else and just enjoy the music?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Pascal’s mustache curled as he smirked, Oliver’s passive aggressive remark about his nationality slightly annoying him. But he was done making jabs at the vampire, simply because he was boring him.

Lycaon Bane has been stirring up trouble lately... String of murders, few poisoning, their fancy pins. Same old same old.” Taking a sip of his wine, he continued. “But they’ve assembled a task force that i’m aware of, we’ve been put on it, along with some others at the party. So i’m afraid we’ll be seeing a good amount of each other, Monsieur.”

But seeing as we’re the eldest here, I suggest we cut the merde, and just tolerate each other. I may be French, but i’m a much better deal maker than Bonéparte.”

CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt

Iona let herself smile as Jon swept her up into the dance. She could tell the words of gratitude were not easy for him to say.
"Well, I wasn't about to let you die, not when I knew I'd the power to save you." Iona adjusted her steps to match him, making him appear less ungainly, compromising with her own motion until Jon eased into the dance, his dusty memory now polished, and renewed.
'I'm used to working alone,' he told her, and she put a hand to her mouth in mock incredulity. Then, he smiled. The sincerity and warmth of that smile made Iona falter for just a moment, long enough that the spin took her by surprise and despite herself she laughed for the joy of the moment.

She was smiling sincerely now too, listening to the logic of his choosing to dance, as if he needed a justification to enjoy himself. He called her beautiful and she suddenly found the floor a bit more interesting.
"Oh yes, the middle of my workplace is precisely where I go to escape," she teased him playfully. "Location aside though, I feel the situation is vastly more pleasing when present company is considered."
She shot him a sidelong glance over a coy smile as the music slowed and the dancers parted.
MrBossMan MrBossMan

An echoing clunk from the hands of the clock tower heralded the tolling of the tenth hour. The crowd began to file into the main hall and as the party goers glided off the dance floor in pairs, Iona took a step back from Jon, smoothing her jacket self-consciously.

The hall was long, with a tiled marble floor and towering stone columns holding up a high-vaulted ceiling from which hung three grand crystal chandeliers. The seats lined both long walls, tiered in five rows and carved of dark wood. Stylized plants and animals coiled their way up the sides of the chairs which were cushioned with red velvet.
Closer to the rear of the room a podium stood on a center square carpet. The symbol of the Order of Seven was embroidered intricately in silver thread upon it. It was at this podium the lady Chancellor now stood, waiting patiently for the hunters to take their seats.

Fenris Fenris The Gunrunner The Gunrunner ForgottenName ForgottenName MJ ._. MJ ._. CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt ReverseTex ReverseTex MrBossMan MrBossMan

"Dear oh dear. Those fine gentlemen?"Oliver hummed as Pascal gave him the quick recap. He wasn't expecting being informed of having to work with him though. "Having to work with you, eh? I suppose they wanted to torment the both of us!" Oliver laughed at the cruel joke of their fate, composing himself after a few moments. Once he was all well and ready, his hand moved up to pull down the leather 'mask' that shrouded the lower half of his face. Was getting bloody hot under that thing. "Regardless..you have a point. We'll tolerate each other and get along. Besides, I'm sure you're much more fun to be around than Bonéparte." Several scars lined his face, with a long one carved into his cheek on the left side of his face, leaving a constant smirk on that side.

"Anyway.." Oliver's eyes focused on the other partygoers, watching as they all filed into the main hall."Suppose that's our cue to take our seats, yeah?" Oliver gave the Frenchman a nod of farewell before moving to follow the crowd, heading off to his seat.

ReverseTex ReverseTex Silverflake Silverflake

Pascal couldn’t help but simper at the agreement of distain for one another. At least they were on the same page about something. Biting his lip to contain his chuckle, although Oliver couldn’t help himself, only making the situation more laughable. But, the other vampire regained himself, bringing the serious nature back into conversation.

Trust me, I don’t plan on beheading anyone, so I think I can be a slightly better improvement.” Setting his empty glass on the pillar, knowing some sort of waiter would tend to it later... Turning his head sharply, the sound of clock bells ringing pulling him from conversation. So it was time for that wolf to get properly inducted...

Shame the beast doesn’t have to fast for a year... But yes I do think that’s our cue.” Slipping into the crowd, his emerald eyes scanning for his seat, situated in the middle. Sitting down, he recognized a woman from his earlier conversation with Thaddeus and Amelia, sitting beside him.

CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt MJ ._. MJ ._.

The music was now over and Jonathan reluctantly let go of Iona. Enough time for one dance and no more, that's what fate seemed to be giving him. Letting out a sigh Jon looked one last time at Iona who was smoothing out her jacket. He heard the tenth bell sound off and ring throughout the courtyard. Dancers began to file out and into the common room where the Chancellor appeared to be. Jon watched them all leave, he himself not wanting to.

"Well, back to work it seems." He said to Iona as he two straightened his clothes out. "I reckon I'll see you when I see you." He would then start off after the other Order members and follow them. One of the last to leave the dance floor. When he entered the hall he found a seat near the back and towards the wall at the end of the stairs. He'd then watch the ceremony through narrowed eyes. Thaddeus was one of those who helped save his life. For that he was grateful, that being said deep seeded distrust couldn't be shaken that easily. He was a werewolf, one of only two within the Orders ranks. The chancellor was the other one, Jon's superior even though he was an American based hunter. While dancing with Iona he couldn't help but notice how the moon was full. His old habits were now getting the best of him. How strange it was to host a werewolf inauguration on the night of a full moon? When the only two werewolves were both grouped together in the same place. Aswell as a group of renegade werewolf hunters made it clear they were targeting members within the Order.

Jonathan leaned forward in his chair, not really focusing on the Chancellor or Thaddeus. Instead Jon's narrowed eyes were trained on the crowed of Order members within their seats.

He was waiting, for anything or nothing, only time would tell.

Thaddeus opened his mouth to argue with Mina, but of course he didn't have a better idea.
The bell tolling sounded then and he watched as the two vampires, along with Jon and others began to filter past them into the hall.
Mina's next question was much easier to answer: "Worldwide? I haven't a clue how many members there are, but in London at least we are about two hundred strong. I have a feeling we will all be very acquainted with each other's abilities before long. The lady Chancellor has put us all on the same task force." Thaddeus thought for a moment before adding: "If you'd like to train together at some point however, I would be happy to oblige."
With that he gestured for the two hunters, Edgar and Mina to follow him as he lead them into the hall.
He saw the two gentlemen who had introduced themselves earlier, Oliver and Pascal and took up a seat close to them. Sitting on the edge of a row so he could get up easily when he was called.
MJ ._. MJ ._. ForgottenName ForgottenName ReverseTex ReverseTex CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt

Iona couldn't help but frown at the clock face as the belligerent tone chimed out its orders. "So it seems" she responded to Jon idly, following after him after just a moment's pause. It was just at the entrance to the hall that a hand on her shoulder stopped her from going in.
"Miss Grey, may I have a quick word?"
Sir Amberdale took his hand away and gestured to a small side passage.
"Can it wait until after the ceremony? I'd like to have a good seat."
"It won't take a moment my dear, it's about your cousin."
Concern appeared fleetingly on her face. "Of course. Lead the way."
MrBossMan MrBossMan

The hall was nearly full now, only the last few stragglers making their way through the door. Sir Amberdale was the last to enter and he slipped the double doors closed with a gentle motion. Thaddeus cast about the faces around him, all seated and murmuring quietly...he couldn't see Iona anywhere.
He did not have much time to dwell in it however as Lady Cartwright began her speech and the room narrowed its focus on her.
She stood in front of the lectern, the carpet sprawled out at her feet, displaying the crest of the Order to the arched ceiling.
Thaddeus found it hard to pay attention to every word. He'd attended inauguration ceremonies before and they all tended to follow the same track.
Amberdale took up his place next to her, and at her signal he strode over to the bench close to Thaddeus and the others, reaching for a small wooden box that sat on a plinth close by.
"It's time my boy. Follow me." Despite the known dislike he had for the werewolf, Amberdale was smiling faintly. Perhaps the old hunter wasn't as bad as Thaddeus had originally thought. Getting up however, he failed to notice the marring on Amberdale's vest: Three pin holes, set in a very distinct arrangement, where a very special pin had once hung.
Slowly Amberdale led Thaddeus to the center of the room, where he took up his place before them both, standing to receive his official Order admittance.
MJ ._. MJ ._. ForgottenName ForgottenName ReverseTex ReverseTex CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt The Gunrunner The Gunrunner MrBossMan MrBossMan Fenris Fenris

As Jonathan watched the crowd swell with everyone finding there seats he couldn't help but notice something strange. Where had Iona gone? He couldn't have outpaced her by that much and he was sure she followed him into the hall. Looking back towards the doors he noticed Sir Amberdale speaking with her, not able to make out what was being said though. He didn't think much of it at first, watching as Amberdale gestured towards a side passage. He let out a relaxed sigh then leaned back in his chair which was the furthest in the back. Looking again at the crowd of people ahead of him he could see Thaddeus near the front. The wolf was sitting near the seat edge same as Jon except Thaddeus was closer to the front. Obviously planning for quicker access to the large podium in the front of the room. Soon he'd be a member of the Order, a great honor, especially seeming how he'd be one of only two werewolves within it. At least in the London chapter it seemed.

As the final stragglers came into the hall Jon again watched them all, glaring and observing from the privacy of the back seats. His brow rose when he saw Sir Amberdale enter alone and without Iona in his company. Jon rose from his seat, mostly unnoticed giving how secluded he was from the main mass of people in the front. He was going to look for Iona, Thaddeus was her cousin after all and he didn't imagine she'd like to miss his acceptance into the Order. Jon quietly opened up the doors just enough to squeeze through so he wouldn't disturb the assembly. He took a quick glance and saw Thaddeus being lead by Sir Amberdale ahead. The event was soon to take place and Iona would miss it, Jonathan exited the hall.

Shutting the door behind him he walked down the side passage he saw Sir Amberdale gesture towards. She had to be close by as Amberdale wasn't gone for to long.

"Iona?" He called out quietly as he walked down the passageway. Doors lined the hall on both sides and ahead, two doors on the right, he saw a door was cracked open slightly. "Iona the assembly is about to start." He said as he opened the door, not knowing for certain if she was in there. He had to try though. He wouldn't care about missing the ceremony, but he knew Iona would.

Family was family afterall.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

(I'll make edits if needed.)

Between sips Alex carefully observed the brooch which had been entrusted to him. Even to a novice eye it was undoubtedly identifiable as fine craftsmanship based on the intricate depiction and silver compound used alone. The wolf wearing a crown caught his eye before he turned the brooch to inspect the pins, “Better then I take your advice to heart. From what little I've gathered they seem like a throughout bunch who isn't afraid to resort to cowardly methods. Dangerous folk deserving of a bullet...” He trailed off passing the pin to Prenkus for inspection while finishing his own glass in a single swig; unwilling to fall too far behind when it came to downing the potent liquor.

An entirely silly notion, but one he couldn't shake. Luckily the bell tolled before he was able to indulge and flag down another waiter; signaling everyone to file into the main hall. “Shall we?” Alex indicated the hall with a nod, then opened his palm. “If you don't mind I'd like to hold onto the pin, lest miss Grey comes to the conclusion I've lost one of her trophies.” With that he allowed Prenkus to lead them into the luxurious hall, assuming the older hunter was better acquainted with the location's layout. The ceremony was held in a room furnished even beyond higher ranking officers quarters, a not unsubtle display of the Order's influence.

Despite the crowd of finely dressed men and women the brunette had little difficulty keeping step with his cigar smoking companion. With any luck the other team members would have secured good seats already, missing out on the full splendor of the inauguration for dallying would be a shame. Finding a seat near the front just in time for lady Cartwright's speech to begin Alexander slipped onto the velvet cushion. Some considered the formalities and speeches dull but to him they filled the room with an almost malleable energy, the culmination of month's if not years of hard work finally celebrated. He hoped Thaddeus would be able to enjoy the atmosphere despite the spotlight which was about to be cast.

As sir Amberdale approached to escort the young werewolf Alexander leaned toward Prenkus with an amused chuckle, “The cake must be a treat for the good sir to have indulged; even before fulfilling his duties.” brushing some imaginary crumbs from his chest to indicate the darker spots he'd spotted on Amberdale's vest. The motion accidentally loosening the small silver pin, sending it to the ground with a small clatter. Alex froze mid motion to retrieve the brooch; sudden realization and sheer disbelief battling across his features.

The Gunrunner The Gunrunner and anyone close enough to overhear

Oliver had taken his seat, sitting a few chairs away from Pascal, closer to the edge. He brought his left leg upwards, resting his left foot on his right leg as he leaned back somewhat in his seat. He figured he may as well get good and comfortable. His focus wasn't towards the Chancellor's speech, but instead to the other hunters in the large room. He meant no disrespect to the woman, but he had no interest in speeches. Frankly, he just wanted to be able to leave and head to back home and sleep. Ironic, considering it was now the dead of night. He gave a slight nod to the senior hunter, Amberdale. Old codger was dressed well, save the three small holes in his vest. Strange, Oliver figured the man had merely lost a small decorative piece of his outfit. His glowing, orange eyes went back to trailing around the room, watching as one of the hunters politely excused himself. He noticed one particular person was missing however. That Iona woman he'd met ages ago. He figured she had too much pride to miss an event like this so..where was she? Something was just a tad off.

“The cake must be a treat for the good sir to have indulged; even before fulfilling his duties.” Oliver had overheard one of the other hunter's jest, referring to Amberdale's vest. The light clang as the man's pin hit the floor finally knocked the vampire into realization. Three holes in the vest..that was coming back into his mind. Memories of a few years ago began to surface, reminding Oliver of a few things. Lycoan Bane, or some sort of progenitor group..he only ever had the chance to meet them once, back in 1838. It was in some part of Prussia, and Oliver had 'disposed' of a few werewolves. He remembered a few of their members approaching him, giving him a few choice words about taking their prey from them. In the aftermath of that rather violent encounter, he remembered the pins they had the great pride in wearing. The fact they wore in a very specific way. A way that mimic'd a certain old codger's vest holes. Why his memory had decided to remember such a small detail..he had no real clue. He'd remembered the most trivial of details before, so it wasn't as if this were the first time.

"Oh hell.." Oliver watched as Amberdale and Thaddues made their way to the center of the room. Perhaps this wasn't an induction ceremony at all. Oliver's posture changed quickly, moving so he could arise from his chair within a few moments if need be. His right hand sliding into the tattered cloak, a very recognizable cli-clack sounding out not long after. Anyone who'd been around a gun would know that was the sound of the hammer of a revolver being pulled back. Oliver held his grip on his Colt Dragoon and looked over to the other hunter's around him before speaking in a hushed tone. "Quite certain our little get together is about to take a turn for the worst."

Oliver didn't rise from his seat, nor did he aim for Amberdale. He merely sat there, ready to act in case something were to happen. He certainly didn't want to believe what he had concluded, and he would have loved to believe the old codger simply couldn't pin anything to his clothes worth a damn, or something. All he truly could do was stare at the old man and Thaddeus, his posture most likely a tad obvious to the former than the latter.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Fenris Fenris ReverseTex ReverseTex MJ ._. MJ ._.

Last edited:
“Sure… I look forward to that. Maybe tomorrow?” Mina answered Thad as they went to take seats lined by the wall of hall of ceremony. “It’s interesting that you have a ceremony to be accepted into the order. I only joined a rather big fight with some devil… and I was in the next day!” She told him about part of her chronicles with the order but couldn’t tell name of the creatures she had fought as doubted how to mention them in English. The closest thing she could think of was Fae. Obviously she chose the chair by werewolf’s side to sit on as the headmistress had left him for her to expect explanations from. The other guy, Edgar, was to shy and timid to receive any attention from her. Among more than one hundred guests attending the ceremony, maybe two hundreds as Thad had said, she only had been introduced to five which included the vampire pair who took place near them. Apparently, the safety of the hall was as good as outdoors from her suspecting perspective.

Being new to London’s chapter, Mina had given her full attention to Cartwright’s speech although couldn’t avoid her eyes from peering at other members from corner of eyes time to time. She almost knew no one there and so their leaving and coming wouldn’t surprise her. It was only when an old hunter came to invited Thad to join the spot light that she felt the negative aura she had felt while entering the garden was strong once again. Her eyes inspected him and she decided that he was at least one of the sources of trouble in the hall but that wasn’t enough reason for tackling an old hunter in foreign country. Maybe he was only filled with hatred toward the werewolf which wasn’t a crime. Probably many other hunters gathered there had the same feeling. Another unimportant detail that caught her eye was a set of three holes on her vest indicating that there was supposed to be some sort of ornament. She wondered if he had dropped it somewhere and lost it because his garment was so neat that he couldn’t have ignored mending holes on it. Yet, none of her discoveries made any sense. Suddenly a sound from almost behind her startled her as broke her train of thoughts. Looking behind, she saw a man picking a brooch with three pins from the ground. For a moment she imagined it falling from old man’s chest but it was impossible. That had to be a coincidence only if one of vampire hadn’t reached in his cloak to make a clicking noise right after. “Oh my God… I smell trouble indeed… well, I’m ready!” Thought the huntress but didn’t any particular movement as everything she needed to start a brawl was in her reach. She only needed a reason to start and teach this extravagant folk how a hunter would dance.

Prenkus Lohmeyer

Prenkus nods in agreement with Alexander, taking a sip himself from the spirit. He takes the brooch in his spare hand, looking over the thing. He wasn't sure what Iona thought he would be able to tell from the thing, other than its emblem and pins he supposed. Prenkus makes an effort to remember their mark, regardless, before handing it back to Alexander at his request. "Quite understandable, Mr. Menz. I think I've attracted a glare at least on one occasion - Best to be on her good side." He follows his new companion from their place of drink, into the hall. Prenkus takes the lead, showing Alexander through. He speaks with minor amounts of force to push through the bodies crowding their way, making his way slowly through the hall. In a moment of inspection, Iona seems to be speeking with Amberdale - Prenkus picks up an expression of worry on the woman's face, drawing some curiosity. Alas, they step out of the room to speak in private. Strange.

The two finally arrive at the ceremonial hall, causing Prenkus to stop upon passing through the doors in needing a moment to soak in the sight. Towering stone columns, three crystal chandeliers, stylized plants and animals etched into the seats. Prenkus looks back, nodding his approval - Such was not a common treatment for a hunter in the wilds. The two find a seat at the front, Prenkus removing his tophat to the benefit of those behind him, and moving his coattails from beneath him for his own. With little to do until all were present, the old hunter watches the other attendees arrive. Amberdale is the last to enter, causing the man to furrow his brows... Strange, he thinks again, noticing Iona does not enter with him. He sits still, eyes suspiciously watching Amberdale as Lady Cartwright gives her speech. It was a simple affair, preparing the room for Thaddeus' acceptance into the Order's number. He had no need to pay attention; Thaddeus had likely attended enough in his own time, but Mr. Lohmeyer had attended so many he was sure the words were burnt into memory by now. Amberdale stands from his seat, stepping over to Thaddeus' bench - He takes a small wooden box nearby, saying simple "It's time my boy. Follow me." The man had a faint smile, the hunter noted. He wasn't sure why - His mind was taking him places. It no longer seemed like a time to relax; alcohol, cigars, dancing, conversation were all second-thought now. The room was open, he sat at the front, and there was something wrong here. Thaddeus' cousin, where is she?

To Prenkus' side, he vaguely picks up a voice. He turns to him, quickly tuning in: “The cake must be a treat for the good sir to have indulged; even before fulfilling his duties," Menz notes. The elder merely furrows his brow in confusion, his new comrade seemingly trying to draw attention to the chest. Prenkus looks back to Amberdale, eyes searching the man's vest for... three particular holes. A metallic clatter draws his attention to the floor, and he remembers its design - Three pins. Behind him, he picks up the cli-clack of a revolver, and vaguely he hears Oliver's comment in a whisper: "Quite certain our little get together is about to take a turn for the worst." He looks about the room, specifically the faces of the other members of the task force. Jon was missing, the 'Mina' seemed ready, and Oliver was prepared.

He grunts, taking the silver pin from the ground and pushing himself up from the bench. "Fuck it," he hisses, daring to break the routine of this ritual and trail the two as they approach the center. "Hold there, sir," he says after them, trying to ignore the stares of so many Order members. Peer pressure was a powerful feeling, and even he could feel it forcing adrenaline into his veins. He steps up to the same distance as Thaddeus and his Chaperone, his heart thundering in his chest; there was not enough reason to think Amberdale was truly part of this conspiracy, but it could not be ignored for later. Looking only to the Lady Chancellor, he speaks "I believe you had given full authority of the investigation to the task force, Lady Chancellor. With such in mind," his eyes shift to Amberdale "I'm afraid I have to interrupt and speak to Mr. Amberdale elsewhere. Now."
SilverFlight SilverFlight Fenris Fenris CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt MJ ._. MJ ._. ReverseTex ReverseTex ForgottenName ForgottenName

Last edited:
Edgar stood noticeably drawing his gun looking furious. "How DARE you! Have you no shame in interrupting this event in front of the Lady Chancellor herself?! Surely you must be under some influence to even think of acting so boorishly!" he said sounding very angry and offended. He didn't think this interruption was necessary, and while noticing the same pattern of the pin many did seem to notice, he didn't think now would've been the best time to intervene. It didn't help the boy was young and naive, but it did paint a picture of some form of decency.

"Milady Chancellor. I am very sorry to interrupt you and Thaddeus's inauguration into our Order, but I believe this man here has lost his wits. And his manners coinciding. I request he be escorted out immediately for this act of complete disregard of decency and mannerism! Surely sir Thaddeus' inauguration is more important than some..gentleman's spat." he said with a resounding voice. Edgar could be very persuasive when he wanted to be, but wasn't seemingly on the same page as the others. Considering his devotion to the Order, clearly Edgar didn't want to invite the wrath, nor the distrust of the Chancellor nor Thaddeus who he even mentioned looking more upset for him even than for the Chancellor.

The young Order member kept his weapon at ready in case anyone tried to fire, the room filling with an eerie silence as if waiting for someone to move, or someone to speak. The tension was thick enough to devour a bullet, to silence the cry of an infant, or even that of a werewolf on a moonlight eve of the hunt. Eyes darting back and forth, weapons drawn, and the steady breath of the members that surrounded the decorated room were all that remained.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Fenris Fenris CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt MJ ._. MJ ._. ReverseTex ReverseTex

Pascal sat silently, observing the room carefully. He could feel Oliver sitting a few rows back, as well as a few people he recognized around him, but knew none’s name. The Chancellor was going about her speak, in quite a rote fashion, causing him to dive into the past...

You think you are quite clever don’t you Monsieur Míchel? Well you are not. Many men have come before you, much stronger man I may add... But that does not matter. What matters is your intonement will make you stronger. Slyer. You will become your nightmare Monsieur...” Pascal stared wide-eyed at his captor, who had silver hair, and radiant blue eyes. The oddity being the man only looked in his twenties, but spoke as if he were as ancient as the world himself. He always spoke this way, and he could never figure out why...

Snapping from his reverie, he noticed the audience began to stir, as a man sauntered down the aisle. Three distinct pin-holes were clear on his lapel, Lycaon Bane. Men and women were frantic, trying to dilute the situation with weaponry and demands, which he knew would never work. If one was trying to convince a man, one would need to cater to the man himself, not themself. Turning his head around once more, seeing Oliver ready to draw if need be. For once his counterpart was intelligent... Adjusting his suit cuffs, he rose from his seat, joining the many others though lacking one thing. A weapon. He never armed himself, preferring words over war. Clearing his throat, the sound cutting the eerie silence of the hall, he turned to Amberdale and the wolf.

I think Monsieur Amberdale should stay where he is Madame Chancellor. If this man desires to interrupt the ceremony, he has succeeded. We all know what this room is full of, so may I make a suggestion? He has desired to interrupt, which he has clearly done, and now he has catered to his desire. He should be removed immediantly, and properly dealt with.” Turning his eyes to the Chancellor, he hoped she would heed his advice. He was the Order’s best negotiator, and he needed the woman to trust him in this moment.

SilverFlight SilverFlight CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt everyone

Thaddeus padded obediently after Sir Amberdale, only stopping to scan once more for Iona when he was facing the podium, the chancellor smiling down at him. He caught sight of Jon leaving the hall and his brows knit in concern.

"Thaddeus..." the chancellor continued, "You have proven your ability to master the taint, and obtained a level of control that few of our kind are capable. For that, and for your continuous, dedicated assistance to the Order, I award you with the rank of 'hunter'. May you serve the light, until the end."
Amberdale lifted something out of the box and stepped up to Thaddeus. The badge of the order, clasped in the figures of both hands. What he didn't notice was that something else was clamped under spare fingers, concealed from view.
Without warning a voice broke through the reserved silence. Prenkus was standing and Thaddeus' gaze shot to him. The others were poised about him, sitting like panthers ready to spring. He gave Prenkus a questioning look. What are you doing?
Edgar was up next, shouting in indignation at the interruption, but behind them both, men in dark suits were already moving. He began to seem them now, all over the hall, mixed in with the hunters he knew, were faces he did not.
A firm hand rested on Prenkus' shoulder, one of the men, aiming to force the Prussian back down in his seat.
Thaddeus turned back to the ceremony for just one moment, finding Amberdale not a foot away.
"..and Thaddeus...you'll find the end is coming sooner than you think."
With those words Amberdale jammed the badge onto Thaddeus' chest, but in doing so, stabbed a cold piece of metal straight through the fabric. Suddenly Thaddeus was blinded by a searing pain, radiating out from the wound. Amberdale released his hand to reveal a rune-carved shaft of iron, it's end jutting out, glowing blue with the inscribed magic.
The wolf threw itself against the confines of his mental barrier, screaming into his mind and to his utter horror, Thaddeus felt the gate being torn apart. Rune magic. There were runes that affected the mind, they could wring truth, cause sleep...or erase inhibition.
The beast...was free.

MJ ._. MJ ._. ForgottenName ForgottenName ReverseTex ReverseTex CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt The Gunrunner The Gunrunner MrBossMan MrBossMan Fenris Fenris

~~~

10 minutes earlier...

Iona stepped into the darkened room, something felt slightly off. Amberdale had seemed anxious about something. He had checked to make sure no one had seen them turn the corner before shutting the door and lighting a small candle.
"It really is a shame Iona, that Thaddeus is your cousin."
Iona frowned, Amberdale's dislike of werewolves was well-known, but certainly not uncommon. Ion would certainly not have called Thaddeus' condition a blessing, still, the way he had worded it was...strange.
"You would never betray him." It was not a question, and with a sinking feeling Iona began to realize what was happening.
"Afraid not." She said, her tone low. She ran through several calculations in her head, the runes she could use to escape.
"If it was a choice...it'd be him over you." With that she was moving, twisting away from him, her hand flying to the pouch at her side...only it wasn't there.
Amberdale held up a small, inscribed stone, her bag of runes hanging from his other hand.
"I am truly sorry my dear."
With that, he invoked the rune and Iona shielded her eyes from the flash. Everything went dark.
Amberdale stepped over her fallen body gingerly, pocketing the small pouch. Iona struggled with her fading consciousness, feeling the pulse of the rune on her forehead, trying to lift her hand to smudge the mark and break the magic. Her thoughts began to slip faster however and soon her head slumped down, cheek resting against the cold stone floor.
"Runes are a fantastic thing. Tricky though, only a few have mastered them at your level." Amberdale spoke to the unconscious woman. From his pocket he pulled out an squarish iron weapon, the rough size and shape of an arrow head. The runes on this were written almost identically to Iona's personal stones, yet Iona hadn't inscribed this piece.
"Like the runes for erasing inhibition. Very high level skill...and I do believe you are the only registered runemaster attending this gathering....it truly is a shame."
With those words he left her there, lying on the floor. The rune for sleep painted cleanly on her forehead.

MrBossMan MrBossMan @ everyone else because plot.

~~~

Anger. Uncontrollable anger flooded into him. Thaddeus reeled back, staggering before folding over. His eyes flashed into gold, he could feel his canines growing. The beast wrested control of his mind from him. It wanted to change and he was powerless to stop it. He clawed at the blade in his chest but the weapon was barbed, and stuck there, tearing his flesh as he pulled and driving the wolf further into an ocean of rage.
Thaddeus could feel himself grow, feel thick fur on his back and the carpet tearing under his razor sharp claws. Amberdale put a hand protectively in front of the chancellor, pushing her back, silver blade unsheathed.
Now the size of a horse and fully-transformed, Thaddeus let out a booming howl. The rune-inscribed weapon was practically invisible, hidden beneath thick grey fur. Lowering his head he snarled menacingly at the tiers of hunters, who were now all on their feet, weapons drawn.
It was then the men in dark cloaks came down upon them. Or, some of them. Clearly there were those who were targets, the werewolf sympathizers in the Order. Amberdale had spent months painstakingly researching every member of the London chapter, creating a master list of enemies. He knew their specialties, and their weak points. Today was the day he struck.

((I am in control of Thaddeus, the chancellor and Amberdale, but as for the other members of Lycaon's Bane, you can have at them. They are free to control. I'd say there are a good 25 or so.))

Edgar gasped looking horrified, a reminder of the fateful night he was rescued into the Order. The frightening howl he heard threatened to make him buckle as he quickly ran to Thaddeus attempting to grab his shoulders in his new form. "Thaddeus!? Sir Thaddeus!! Please! Get a hold of yourself!" he called sounding distraught. Noticeably, he had kept his gun back into his clothing as he looked very concerned, tears in his eyes showing worry for the new ally he thought to have received.

"Bring the Lady Chancellor to safety! Immediately!" he ordered trying to get some sense into the others to either act or stand aside. Edgar's duty was above all, but he couldn't find himself to strike nor restrain Thaddeus. This wasn't right in his eyes, especially knowing bout the pin. It hit him then, as he searched Thaddeus quickly for such an item finding it difficult behind all his fur and becoming petrified at his eyes merely shaking looking emotionally distraught. He knew only one thing to do at this moment, and was to fight for Thaddeus.

He wasn't going to give in to immediately shooting or injuring him, despite what the Order wanted. After all, he was officially a member now. So Edgar had an alibi for not attacking him. "Thaddeus! Thaddeus!!" Edgar kept calling to try and return him to some sense of sanity.

Oliver's eyes widened as he watched Thaddeus begin his transformation and not long after, a group of men garbed in black cloaks soon rushing the hunters. Fully unholstering his Colt, he aimed the large hand-cannon towards the man attempting to shove Prenkus( The Gunrunner The Gunrunner ) back down into his seat and fired for the man's shoulder. "It's time to do our jobs, gentlemen!" His voice hollering out into the large room. One of the cloaked men had gotten close enough to put the barrel of a pistol at the back of Oliver's head, only for Oliver to point his own pistol behind him and fire, the noticeable thump of a body hitting the ground giving him all the information he needed to know that he'd hit his mark. Not back in the country for a day and he'd already had to deal with such a horrid situation.

He instinctively reached for his ax which had normally been kept in a case of sorts, only to realize he didn't have the bloody thing. Oh yes..now he remembered where it was. Back home. He was going to need to resort to his knives for now. Pulling the hammer on his pistol back once more, he stepped backwards as more of the cloaked fiends made their presence known. "Dammit, choir boy! Get to the Chancellor yourself!" He shouted at Edgar( ForgottenName ForgottenName ) before he felt a sharp pain across his arm, causing him to hiss in pain. One of the cloaked men had gotten a lucky strike on him with a blade. A swift kick sent the man flying backwards only for a handful of them to take his place. "Pascal! I suppose we're going to need to teach these kids a few lessons in proper hunting!" He yelled over the more-than-likely very loud fighting that was occurring. He'd managed to get close to the Frenchman, using his vampiric sense as a guide though he certainly had to step over a few bodies to get there. Once the two were effectively side by side, Oliver retrieved the spare Colt he'd been smart enough to not leave at home and handed it to Pascal, keeping it aimed away from the both of them. As much as he dispised the Frenchman, a life-or-death situation warranted a 'treaty' of sorts. "I'm sure you've fired a gun at least once in your life, yeah? Let's scare the piss out of these loons."

Oliver observed what all the Bane members were using as he fought alongside his fellow vampire, spotting a particularly heavy-set member with an ax coming their way. The man never had the chance to swing the weapon however, as a bullet tore through his knee and caused him to collapse, courtesy of Oliver. "Give me that you lard drinker." Oliver grabbed the man's ax, now feeling much more comfortable in their situation. Now he could truly strike fear into the Bane members hearts. Any member that approached the two would have to deal with him and his unbridled violence. Deciding he didn't need them, Oliver pulled the large variety of knives from his coat, allowing them to merely fall onto the floor. If Pascal wished to use one, it was entirely up to him.

ReverseTex ReverseTex SilverFlight SilverFlight Fenris Fenris MJ ._. MJ ._.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back