• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Order of Seven - accepting

Alexander stood in a small group near the stage, simplified dress uniform of dark fabric and golden highlights blending with the most of the crowd's evening attire. He followed the speech with some interest, the revelation that there was another organization putting fire and blade to the beasts that skulked in the dark corners of London could have been good news. If not for the fact that these hunters were too fanatic to tell friend from foe, combatant from civilian and had even gone far enough to lay hands on those serving the order.

“A shame, isn't it? To have fellow men turned upon each other like scorpions in a bottle.” He noted to the stranger beside him while setting down his glass to politely applaud Thaddeus. Having made the trip across the channel for reasons beyond the inaugural ceremony the hunter did indeed have a few word to exchange with the newest member of their order. However, another gentleman had beaten him to the punch. To make a rude first impression seemed a poor choice, so instead Alex turned his attention to the stranger near him once more, “Pardon, would you happen to know who else is a member of this team?”

Amongst the crowd of festivities and celebrators, sat a boy who couldn't be older than his late teens, if not very early twenties. He had white hair like snow that was short, blue eyes like the ocean, and seemed to carry quite a spiritual aura about him as if his air was cleaner than the air breathed by the masses. He stood up adjusting his collar and merely looked about never really one to be very social among group gatherings.

Edgar, one of the youngest recruits of the Order, never fancied big gatherings or parties of celebration, but he withstood it for the sake of the Order. He had developed a mass support of the Order ever after being introduced at a young age and rescued just as young from a previous abuse that led him to have a vendetta against all werewolf and Scourge-kin that plagued humanity.

Edgar wore a mature outfit being a trench coat that went to his ankles with an attachable hood all lined with a red interior, black pants that noticeably had dagger pouches holding a few placed alongside his legs, his holsters also resting aside with his twin pistols and blade behind him. His shirt was a high quality, burgundy dress shirt with a pin on the center of his collar being his family heirloom, a symbol of an angel wing enveloping a pistol being the only memento he had left of his deceased lineage. He even wore combat oriented boots tied firmly with a slight heel to alleviate his height due to self consciousness that clicked only slightly on the cobblestone of the gardens.

Edgar sighed. "I really wish they kept such affairs to a minimum. We are busy people, there shouldn't be a time for simple idle play." he muttered sounding a bit cross at the inauguration, but keeping it to himself. He began approaching Thaddeus of all people his arms crossed and the look in his eyes almost mystical.

Regardless of his displeasure of Werewolves, being the death of his family and near disgusting attempt of capture by his uncle, he did give respect to Thaddius
without prejudice for his inauguration despite not being a major friend to anyone in the guild besides the leader of it.

"Greetings. New member, Thaddius." He said his voice rather soft, yet having an odd sense of calm and almost quiet to it.

Last edited:
Iona turned to the man who had asked the question. His face was scarred and he had the look of experience about him.
"The hunters that don't align with us are...problematic." She began, "On one hand, they are dangerous renegades that scare otherwise calm tainted beings into desperation. They do much more harm than good. One the other however, we're asking many with 'sight' to live among monsters. That's hard to do."
When a person was said to have 'sight' is was more to describe their knowledge of the supernatural, not pertaining to any special gift they possessed.
"The team members that recovered the boy are all here." She gestured to herself first, "My name is Iona Grey, the man getting down from the stage is my cousin, Thaddeus Grey, There is Prenkus, Bryony, and Jon...should be here soon."
The apprehension in her voice was apparent. She was worried about him.
"And who might I be speaking to?" Iona said at length. She had several ideas from the profiles of hunters she had reviewed, "I have an idea you may be assigned to our band. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Fenris Fenris
mentioned: MrBossMan MrBossMan

~~~

Thaddeus heard a soft voice by his side and turned to see the snow-haired young man addressing him. Thaddeus was somewhat taken aback, generally the other members avoided him, and he couldn't help but stare at the hunter's striking appearance.
"H-hello." He said, slowly grabbing his wits. He offered Edgar a gentle smile and a gentlemanly bow. "Thank you, I must admit, you have me at a disadvantage, you are acquainted with my name, but I am left in the dark as to yours."
He scanned the party goers, idly. "Its a nice evening for this isn't it? I don't think I can remember the last time I attended a proper function. I've ah, been traveling for a bit. I will be honest I barely recognize London in some places...everything is just changing so quickly...where are you from, if you don't mind my asking?"

ForgottenName ForgottenName

Edgar looked solemnly at the ground, then back to Thaddius with an almost sorrowful expression.
"I was born and raised here in London. In a manse not too far from here, with my mother a previous member of the Order and my father being the head pastor of the Church. Edgar Valentine, my name." he explained.

Edgar stopped for a moment, then bowed back showing he was indeed quite short for a young man his age, no wonder many of the members treating him differently because of such childish looks. "I'm not really one for big functions. I'm rather shy when it comes to new people. But, I do my best and keep the best manners possible all for the Order. I must make a good impression so the people have no reason to doubt me, or any of the Order." He said sounding serious about his devotion to the Order.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

"Ah," Thaddeus responded sheepishly, hearing Edgar was from his own city. "You'll forgive me if I seem a little unfamiliar with the members here, I really was gone for quite some time."
He gave Edgar an approving smile as the young man continued.
"It is my pleasure to meet one so devoted to the reputation of the Order Mr. Valentine. I am sure our organization is better for your efforts."
He scanned the small group of dancers once more, a subtle look of mischief creeping onto his face.
"I must confess that when it comes to dancing I may be quite out of practice...I don't suppose you would care to assist in my recollection?"
He held out a hand to Edgar tentatively.
Being forced to expand their minds on a great many things, the Order was much more accepting than everyday London society. This went for both supernatural and far more human differences, for which Thaddeus was grateful.
Edgar's reputation would not suffer from stepping onto the floor with another man. Dancing with a werewolf however, may affect it in the eyes of some.

Thaddeus had an ulterior motive for the request; the suspicions that had been brewing in his mind that evening required that he be allowed to observe the gathering without being observed himself. Iona, he had seen, was otherwise engaged in conversation and so, Edgar was his next choice.
He waited patiently for an answer, his cool, blue-green eyes regarding Edgar with polite curiosity.

Edgar looked rather surprised by the invitation to dance, noticeably blushing quite a bit at the request. He was never much a social dancer despite having taken many lessons and being proficient by birthright.
"I...appreciate the compliments sir. As for the dancing, surely you would rather pick a better partner than some..child." he muttered looking almost embarrassed as if he had received that condescending nickname before.

However, Edgar's politeness belied his arrogance as he shyly extended his hand to the Werewolf as if silently accepting whilst wondering if Thaddius would still have any interesting in dancing with the young Victorian despite his occasional moments of introversion. Not to mention he didn't want to look rude, declining a dancing invitation regardless of it being Thaddius or anyone else for that matter.

"Is that how you see yourself?" Thaddeus asked with a regretful smile.
"Because I see an accomplished young hunter with a very promising future. Edgar Valentine...I believe I came across your file whilst reviewing them in the administrative office the other day."
He smile broadened as he felt Edgar's smooth hand alight in his own. He guided the youth onto the floor with a graceful few steps, taking the lead as the quartet began an elegant waltz.
Thaddeus had not been truthful about his being out of practice. He moved with the fluid grace of experience, his eyes still reflecting the playful mischief they had contained before. Now however, they also cast themselves about the other party goers, mechanically assessing the expression and body language of each. The pair had attracted a little attention at first, curious glances subtly cast, however politeness forced most to ignore them and Thaddeus smiled to himself before leaning just a little closer to his partner.
"There is something I find amiss with the case we have been working today," He whispered softly, "and I cannot shake the feeling that our culprit has not finished his grizzly business. The chancellor has refused to stay in protective custody, has insisted she preside over my acceptance ceremony. That is a fact I find distressing. The only two werewolves left in the Order, will for this evening be found in the exact same place...Edgar, I think something may happen tonight."

Edgar seemed to nod his waltzing practice clearly showing as he glided gracefully with Thaddeus, despite playing the part of the follower or "lady" of the two. He seemed to listen intently to Thaddeus acknowledging his statement and nodding appropriately.

"I see. So its not only myself that has had suspicions then tonight as well. I've been noticing odd behavior on behalf of the party goers, more whispering and gossiping than usual. And you bring up that point only adds to my suspicions as well. It seems you and I are on the same page, and are the two that should intervene and plan if necessary." he said then yelped shyly still trying to dance.

"Aah..er...um..your hand is..mhm...grabbing a little low." he mumbled reddening a bit more forgetting how the gentleman usually held the follower during the waltz. He forgot how more intimate in distance and hold the waltz was after having not done it for quite some time.

Last edited:
"There's the hunter I read about." Thaddeus said pleasantly, as Edgar stepped onto his train of thought.
"We should confer with the others, I have no doubt that if my suspicions prove true, we will need all the help we can get...you are a wonderful dancer by the way."
Edgar mentioned his hand and Thaddeus nearly stumbled for embarrassment. "Oh goodness! I am so sorry." He flushed a crimson to match Edgar's, mentally kicking himself for his lack of attention. He had been so focused on the people around him, however the momentary distraction prevented him from seeing a figure vanish into the backdrop of guests.
Recovering his composure as best he could he tried to regain the conversation:
"Take a look about us, what do you see?"

The scene was for now, a quiet one. Couples danced and groups of hunters were gathered in reserved conversation. As of yet Thaddeus had seen no one that tipped off his instincts. A group of men spoke in hushed tones in a darkened corner on the other side of the gardens, cloaked in part by the hanging wisteria flowers. They only seemed to glance over when Thaddeus had turned to scan the other side of the courtyard.

Edgar had flushed quite the amusing color of red looking quite sheepish mingling his hands nervously. Seems he wished Thaddeus recognized sooner having held his hand well..there for a little longer than he expected. How awkward.

"Erm..it's quite a-alright." he stammered a little refocusing after regaining his composure. Scanning the area, Edgar found the same thing Thaddeus had noticed, being the hidden and glancing gentleman that seemed secretive.

"I notice them too. Quick, they're glancing. Um..D-do something! We can't let them on thinking we're watching, otherwise they might have associates change plans if they aren't the only suspicious party." he recommended quickly moving a bit closer to Thaddeus not sure really what to do giving him the choice.

Remaining incognito would be the best course of action. Any rash behavior or noticeable almost stalking was a beginner's mistake of giving away their position. Not to mention an tell tale sign for an enemy or a vagabond to change their strategy and be known they were being watched.

Led to a street of large houses with two or three stages by the address mentioned in the letter, the black traveler stopped at the gate of a more crowded building. She entered through garden’s gate and walked doubtfully toward the main building that was noisy and busy with many people in their finest clothing. She guessed that a party was being held. Looking down at her letter, she wondered why she had expected to meet a bunch of serious hunters in a formal meeting. Yet she approached closer but stayed in the less crowded side of the garden and chose a bench under trees to sit on. Mina usually didn’t care for outfits. The only issue that mattered about them was keeping them neat and clean, but I that moment she imagined herself entering in the middle of party to ask about order of seven; that would be hilarious regarding her baggy clothes. Her coat, trousers, shirt and hat were designed for men and looked the same as what workers of factories wore every day. She rarely changed that style as it perfectly hid her identity as a maiden. She looked almost like a black boy in second handed suit that looked for a job. Playing with the piece of paper in her hands, she watched the events going on in the middle, wondering if all attendances of the party were hunters. In that case they’d be too many for London, so she assumed that many of them had traveled from other cities or countries to work with the order, just as she had done. That was good news for her as meant more variety of resources for her to learn from. Being motivated anew, she left the bench and lazily walked alongside the walls. Once closer to the center of crowed, she could see some of guests dancing in a way that didn’t catch her attention. But the aura of the area felt unpleasant as if many scarred souls dwelled among those happy looking people.

"D-do something!" Edgar had implored him, but what could he do? Thaddeus wracked his brains, he could feel the young man pressing closer to him and held his breath. Then came the last few bars of the waltz, and in a daring sweep Thaddeus dipped his partner elegantly, intimately, their faces so close Thaddeus could see his own face reflected in Edgar's eyes.
The song finished and Thaddeus righted them both. Clearing his throat and stepped back from Edgar he adjusted his collar and stepped off the floor, a feigned air of confidence and purpose playing over his reddened cheeks. That had gone farther than he had wished it to, but it seemed to work, he had regained the stares of the dancers, but the men had seemingly dismissed them both in his frivolity.
Pausing for just a moment beside the dance floor to wait for Edgar he helped himself to a small drink from the table nearby.
"I am sorry Mr Valentine, I'm afraid I may have made a spectacle of us. I hope you can forgive me."
He offered the young man an apologetic smile. "But at least we threw our suspects off the scent. Thank you, I don't think I could have avoided detection alone."
Thaddeus hadn't realized it before but standing alone among the guests he had felt exposed, vulnerable. The murderer was after werewolves, and he had no doubt that becoming part of the Order had made the target on his back all the larger. As soon as Edgar had appeared that feeling of exposure had begun to dissipate. Suddenly he was grateful for the youth's company.

Thaddeus noticed the dark-skinned hunter wandering the crowd as if somewhat lost. He gestured to him to come and join them.
MJ ._. MJ ._.

Mina saw wave of a hand at corner of her eye and as looked at the owner of it noticed that he was one of dancers inviting her to join him. Before accepting his random invitation, she gazed at him for a moment just to find out that she didn’t like his red face or brazen way of looking. Yet, that guy had eyes of a predator which meant he would be a hunter or a tainted. She approached him casually and touched edge of her hat as greetings. “Good gathering… you seemed to be a hunter of the order, am I right?” She started the conversation. “I’m completely a stranger in London and had no idea how you British folk hold introduction sessions… gathering.” She said then paused as a lot to say had rushed to her mind while she didn’t know whom she was talking to. “I’m known as Mina… you may call me that. And you are?” She asked although the whole conversation didn’t sound proper or even polite to her. She sort of had been caught off guard by suddenly entering a party she wasn’t prepared for. Thus her thoughts weren’t organized as they always were and again that ominous feeling of tainted souls was bothering her. “Actually… I’d be thankful if you show me where the head of order is. I think I should talk to him first.” That was right, she had to tell the one who had invited her that she had come and needed to ask him what exactly she was expected to do in the order. It wasn’t right to question the guy in front of him about her job. She suddenly looked at the side of the garden. Just a bunch of guys chatting peacefully. But for a moment she had the same feeling she sensed while playing hide and seek with her prey that could become her predator.

Edgar was practically crimson by the time he moved to Thaddeus. That was most certainly not what he expected in terms of a diversion. Many dancers and party goeers began hushed whispers and giggling about the two's spectacle, especially about Edgar's now shy behavior since the boy was so strictly serious at events.

"Um..i-it's alright. It was en-entertaining. At the least." he mumbled shyly to Thaddeus seeming embarrassed, but also relieved he could help keep him incognito.

"And no problem..for the espionage. Any time." Edgar said not really helping his case with being sheepish. Edgar was at least grateful he had helped Thaddeus with his action considering before he couldn't have cared less how the man felt, especially with his previous vendetta and ignorance. Now, Edgar seemed to look past that thinking more about how embarrassed he felt and why Thaddeus had to dip him so closely of all things. "Well..I did say something." he thought to himself slightly kicking himself for the rather sudden command out of the blue.

Jonathan blacked out during the carriage ride back to headquarters. The ride itself clouded in foggy memories he couldn't trust. Having been with the Order for eight years now he'd have thought he's seen it all. Poison has a way of changing perspective it seemed. As the independent hunter would have rather fought a pack of werewolves alone than suffer through that again.

When he came to Jonathan Reyes was lying down on a soft white sheeted bed. Instantly Jon noticed he was nearly naked. His soot covered clothes lay in a basket near his bed. Dirty from the fire he started earlier due to the swarm of rats. His left bicep was wrapped tightly in a medical bandage where the poison dart had hit him. Lazily Jon got to his feet and stepped onto the cold wooden floor. A mirror was mounted on the wall which he only glanced at, not wanting to see his scarred body. A nurse came in suddenly and Jon yanked the bed sheet off the bed and hid behind the cover. Holding it high so as not to let the nurse see his torso.

She seemed unfazed by his quick defensive posture and him standing, as if everything were normal. "You've nothing to hide from me," she said to him as she placed nice dress clothes on his bed. "I've seen it all Mr.Reyes." She then looked at him and stood by the door with her hands at her sides. "I suggest you get dressed then attend the celebration in the courtyard, I hear Thaddeus has just finished his speech." Then with that the nurse left him alone in the room. Jonathan gathered his clothes and began to dress himself.

He was given something much to elaborate for his liking. A light blue dress shirt and pants, the pants stopping halfway below his knees so they exposed the shins of his lower legs. Then he had a jacket of the same color which only buttoned at the top near his neck. This way it opened up in an upside down V and revealed his shirt and pants. The cuffs were white and fleece which seemed to shoot out from the fabric of the arms. Large buttons lined one edge of the jacket (Which didn't make sense to Jon because the jacket didn't button) and the center of his shirt. His shoes were black and reveled the top of his feet.

He let out a long, over-exaggerated, exhale as he looked at himself in the mirror. Wishing he had slept through the celebration so he didn't have to embarrass himself in front of the other Order members. Then walking outside the room he caught eyes with the nurse who gave him the clothes. She nodded approvingly then watched as Jon walked outside and towards the courtyard. When he stepped outside he stopped immediately by the door. Party goers were dancing in the center of the courtyard, others speaking in reclusive groups and some outwardly having a good time. Jon scanned the room ahead of him and saw Thaddeus dancing with a young man he's never seen before. He couldn't spot any other familiar faces as of right now and didn't really want to. Not looking like this anyways. However he did spot a wine table up ahead so Jonathan made his way there.

Upon reaching the table he saw a man, dressed nicely, behind the table.

"Any whiskey?" Jon asked him in a rough kinda way.

"No gentleman, but we do have a nice-"

"No whiskey? Well damn it then, pour me something strong. Anything."

He was given a tall glass of wine then drank it all. After finishing he saw Iona ahead of him standing by a pillar with another man, they seemed to be talking. Jon quickly got another glass of wine from the man behind the table, drank it deeply, wiped his mouth and beard clean. Then started to approach her, cutting across the courtyard where people were dancing. He had much to say to her, and owed her much more. 'Borrowed time' she called it, Jonathan called it his life.

Flowing blond hair, blue eyes and a backdrop of wisteria, the scene could have sprung from a master artisans brush. The notion brought a pleasant smile to Alexanders face as he nodded, considering Iona's point before agreeing, “Indeed, knowledge is a burden not many are willing to bear... all the more reason to celebrate your cousins inauguration, wouldn't you agree?” By now the mentioned relative had slipped from view and found a rather unusual but gifted dancing partner.

Dipping into a slight bow the duelist answered, “Delighted to make your acquaintance. My name is Alexander Menz and I've indeed followed a summons to the Isle's with the intention of lending what aid I may.” The brunette hesitated for a moment to consider his following words but then simply shrugged, adding “I must admit this is not a selfless act. Werewolves are hardly my forte, yet for once we are not the ones hunting them. It seemed to good an opportunity to pass up, to broaden my horizon.” Adherence to the code and simple honesty outweighing the lure of impressing his newest acquaintance; for the moment.

Sensing the approach of another, Alexander half turned to see a mountain of a man march straight toward him. His mind raced for a number of heartbeats, tallying up the number of drinks as well as company he'd kept this fine evening. “One of the other team members you've mentioned?” He asked, a mixture of tension and hope swinging in his tone. It was far too early in the evening to have enraged anyone.

SilverFlight SilverFlight MrBossMan MrBossMan

Thaddeus gave Edgar a sincere smile, much less confident now that he had dropped his act. "Precisely Mr. Valentine. I'm glad I ran into you."

Not long after, the young man Thaddeus had waved over closed the gap between them and began an introduction. Now that the figure was much closer Thaddeus realized his error in assuming the hunter was male. She was only dressed in trousers.
"A hunter I am, my name is Thaddeus Grey." He bowed his head politely, "and this is my associate Edgar Valentine." Then after careful consideration he spoke again: "North African chapter." He said carefully. "That is where you're from isn't it? I spent some time on the Ivory Coast. The accent is not dissimilar. The head of the London chapter is Chancellor Amelia Cartwright, the only remaining werewolf in London's chapter, well, for a few more candle marks at least. Until my acceptance ceremony is complete."
He took a few steps ahead of his new acquaintances. "The lady Chancellor should be just inside the ceremony hall," a small glinting in the night sky made him look up, the stars were beginning to appear in the bruising sky. "In fact, please allow me to escort you. I...shouldn't remain outside for much longer anyway."
What horrible luck that the moon would be full tonight. It wasn't even visible yet, but already he could feel the dull ache of it's effect, gnawing on his insides, the beast beginning to claw at his mind. He had been able to withstand direct moonlight before, but when it was full, there was always a risk.
He led them over to the doorway of the main hall, gold light still pouring from it in welcome. Just inside, standing in the center of a small group stood the Lady Chancellor. When she saw Thaddeus she gave a formal nod, looking behind him to see the others.
ForgottenName ForgottenName MJ ._. MJ ._.

~~~

Iona looked for Thaddeus as the man mentioned him. She caught his flamboyant display on the dance floor and stifled a groan.
"Yes...giving my cousin more responsibility...Er, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Mr. Menz, The Order always needs dedicated hunters, I am happy to be working alongside you." She paused in thought before adding, "This case is extremely unorthodox. Thaddeus seemed on edge tonight, I think he's expecting something to happen." She sounded skeptical.
It was then she caught sight of a familiar face, making his way steadily toward them. "Jon!" She exclaimed, in affirmation of Alexander's guess. A look of relief fell onto her face before being swept quickly under her usual indifferent mask.
"They didn't kill you then? Ah well, they'll likely get another chance, knowing you." Her tone was an attempt at disapproval, but is was not hard to tell she was pleased to see him.
Fenris Fenris MrBossMan MrBossMan

((I can change my post MJ ._. MJ ._. if I took too many liberties))

The Gunrunner The Gunrunner SirGrey SirGrey Epiphany Epiphany

Edgar frowned at the full moon, a sickly feeling suddenly beginning its descent in his stomache and head. Edgar remembered the night he killed his Uncle, the one whom tried things a young boy should never endure from a man, under the full moon as the beast's blood forever stained his hands that night, and forever more.

"Please. Can I stay with you...sir Thaddeus? I feel the same as you. I've...always been frightened of a full moon as a little one. And it still unnerves me to this day, even as a dedicated hunter." he explained looking almost ashamed, like a boy having misbehaved and been scolded by a parent. He was clearly embarrassed to reveal such detail of his life to now two strangers although technically being one. His face still a bit red from their earlier debacle, Edgar looked to ponder as if he made the wrong decision looking now dour and sad.

Prenkus Lohmeyer

Prenkus moves with haste out of his carriage, experiencing much the same unpleasantness as the first time. "I'm in AWE, sir! I am in AWE that I would suffer to have you again!" The boy at the front merely looks straight ahead, stiffling a heavy sigh. "Pot-hole after pot-hole, they aren't to give you /points/, drive-" And in the same manner as before, the boy snaps the reigns to send the horses on, leaving the old hunter ranting and raving in the distance. Eventually he finishes, straightening his attire with a puff. He turns to the cathedral, mumbling his last few notes to himself.
--------------------------------------------------

Prenkus stepped into the celebratory hall, doing his best not to interrupt. While he and Thaddeus may have their disagreements, he was not keen on causing displeasure towards the man's event - He certainly didn't deserve that. The elder stood in the back, enjoying himself a recently-purchased cigar; it's not every day a man survives a bullet, after all. He shifts the shoulder, feeling the sting of the hole left by the round with a faint grunt.

There were some unfamiliar faces in the room, though that much he somewhat expected. He saw Iona and Thaddeus converse with some of them, the latter of which... dancing? Yes, dancing. Prenkus chuckles to himself, though the amusement dissipates somewhat quickly; they weren't just enjoying themselves, they were talking. Talking about what, he wondered, and followed a longing gaze to a party farther across the room. It caused his brows to furrow, but he tried to shake it from him; his paranoia could only feel justified in far more direct forms, and he'd many-a-time made silly mistakes and accusations in the cities. Best he not jump to some wild conclusions. As he looks away, his eyes catch sight of something... someone. He squints his eyes in curiosity, then grins in personal glee.

Prenkus crossed through the courtyard quickly, taking the cigar from his mouth and blowing out a cloud of smoke to save them from the taints of his habit. Jon's company was soon joined by the old man, who gave him a light pat on the shoulder - "Well done surviving that, sir. I've seen plenty less lucky men than you go out that way, and it would be a shame to add another to that list." He quickly realizes that one of the unfamiliar faces is present - He turns to Alexander Menz, locking the cigar back between his teeth and offering a hand. "Ah, I didn't see you there. Prenkus Lohmeyer."

Fenris Fenris SilverFlight SilverFlight MrBossMan MrBossMan

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Grey!” This probably was her first suitable response to the man called Thaddeus, she then looked at the white haired fragile guy and nodded. “You too, Mr. Valentine.” She added although didn’t bother to add a smile to her words. She nodded twice in response to Thad’s comments about north Africa. Mina hadn’t thought of chapters before. She had learned foundation of her skills in south but to learn more about European hunters, she had spent some time in north and was guided to Spain through Morocco. Thus, from British’s perspective she would be considered from north African chapter. That was a matter that didn’t matter for her at all. Also, she saw no similarity in Egyptian and Malian accent, yet again that didn’t matter; Thad could judge her as he desired, she wouldn’t care so didn’t try to correct him. “Chancellor Amelia Cartwright…” She repeated the name in order to memorize it then followed the werewolf/hunter to the hall and wondered if the tainted soul she had felt was partially related to Thad. Still, she was sure that he wasn’t the only one to be cautious about in that garden. She also noticed him paying too much attention to the sky and assumed that he was afraid of losing control in full moon. “Thank you, Mr. Grey. Not knowing her looks, it’d be hard for me to find her…” She said as they entered the hall.

As Mina’s eyes met with Chancellor’s, she took her hat off in respect, letting wild bush of dark wavy hair fall on her shoulders and back, then approached the lady. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, madam.” She said and as got close enough stopped to dip her head slightly. “I’m Mina Puccino. I assume you’ve invited me to London to give you a hand to solve your problems with werebeasts. I’ll gladly aid you… just have to know your expectations and my duties first… then I’ll be on it.” She explained then gathered her wild hair with one hand and twirled it quickly then put her hat back on her head to keep her hair under it neatly. “Please excuse my improper appearance. Hunter gatherings I’ve partake in before have never been anything near lavishing.” She apologized for her unpleasant manner of dressing but not really deeply.
SilverFlight SilverFlight ForgottenName ForgottenName

Thaddeus' heart went out to the young hunter, he suspected Edgar must have had a poor run-in with a werebeast to fear a full moon. Despite this, or, perhaps because of it he began to feel a bit protective of the younger man.
"There is no shame in being afraid." He said gently, putting a had on Edgar's shoulder. "I would be happy to have your company."

Meanwhile the Chancellor greeted the new hunter formally.
"The pleasure is mine Miss Pucinno. We are currently having not a problem with werebeasts per se, but the reason I called for you was something greater. The Order has decided to pool its resources and create a task force to deal with the on-coming storm. I do hope I may count on your support. Edgar is one of the members, and so is Thaddeus, or he will be after tonight."
She waved off Mina's apology. "My dear Puccino, your attire is combat worthy, and therefore it passes all tests in my book, but allow Thaddeus to outline the current situation."
She gestured to the other werewolf and Thaddeus explained to Mina of the murders that had been happening in London, with the only victims werewolves. He explained the clues they found, of a strange silver pin that was found on one of the attackers, belonging to a group called Lycaon's Bane.
"Who was Lycaon?" Thaddeus asked.
The chancellor regarded him thoughtfully before answering. "He is a character from Greek Mythology, a king of legendary Arcadia. The story goes that he wanted to give Zeus, the king of the Gods a test, and so, served him an offering of human flesh in place of the bull that was the right tribute. Enraged by the horrible deed Zeus transformed Lycaon and all his kin into the first werewolves."
Thaddeus suppressed a shiver.
"There is no doubt in the stance of these extremists on werewolves, with a name like 'Lycaon's Bane'. They see us only as cursed monsters, there is no good that will come of them."
ForgottenName ForgottenName MJ ._. MJ ._.

((I will wait a little longer for Boss and Fenris to post before I write Iona.))

When Jonathan reached Iona no words came out at first. He forgot to plan what he was going to say to her and for some reason felt like he didn't want to speak at all. The woman did save his life and that alone had a way of garnering trust. However he remembered the woman's face when she found out he started the fire, she was none to pleased with him then. She had company, a man Jon never saw before and as such Jon completely ignored this person at first. For only an instant Jonathan thought he saw worry drain from Iona's face. He took this as her not wanting anyone to die under her command. Perhaps it was more than that but Jonathan couldn't tell. After all he wasn't the best at reading emotion.

"They didn't kill you then? Ah well, they'll likely get another chance, knowing you." Iona said to him, Jonathan simply smiled in return. He did escape death, but he didn't do it alone. Not this time anyways.

"I intend to get my chance as well, next time they will not surprise me." He said to her with confidence (which he didn't feel dressed like some aristocrat) then he looked over at the man she was speaking with. "The names Jonathan, call me Jon." Offering his hand to him to shake, men can tell a lot about eachother by shaking hands. Jon's hand shake was firm and his hands were rather large and calloused. Then it seemed Prenkus came into view, surprising Jon with a pat on his left arm, the one where the dart had hit. Jonathan winced and tucked his arm closer to his side. "I wasn't the only one wounded, I see your favoring your right arm, bullet wasn't it?" Offering Prenkus a glance, when seeing he had a cigar Jon smiled once again. It seemed escaping death had a way to make one appreciate life and live a little.

With that Jon would wait for their replies than speak to Iona directly. Looking at Iona he spoke to the other two, Prenkus and Alexander, his voice had an air of authority he didn't intend, but that's how it came out.

"Well gentlemen, I hate to do this but I need to speak to the lady in private." he said as he offered his hand to Iona. "Care to join me on the dance floor? I've something to tell you."

Jon rarely danced, almost never anymore, but that's not to say he didn't know how. His mother loved to dance and she taught him when he was young. It was one of Jonathan's fondest memories of her. Which might have been the reason Jonathan tended to stray from the dance floor.

SilverFlight SilverFlight The Gunrunner The Gunrunner Fenris Fenris

Last edited:
Edgar seemed almost embarrassed to have Thaddeus' support of his fear of the full moon. He thought to himself how foolish he must look for being so frightened of something all hunters have fought in and the symbol of practical worship to feral werewolf kin. However, he would endure not only to uphold his image, but to show he was not going to let his run-in the past stop him now.

"Th-thank you Sir Thaddeus." he mumbled softly still haven't unflushed from his earlier embarrassment, a rather quite amusing look on his face from considering how he was more calm and collected majority of the time he was spoken to or seen. Edgar eventually however looked almost analytical to the Chancellor and around the new hunter that had shown her presence. Seems he was becoming more and more wary of the party and its guests after his and Thaddeus moment of embarrassment and espionage.

SilverFlight SilverFlight MJ ._. MJ ._.

Last edited:
Almost anyone would be a tad on edge on their big night, yet Iona's words of warning concerning her cousin caught Alexander off guard. Would anyone really strike during such an illustrious gathering of hunters? His eyes darted across the crowd of well dressed guests with a newfound suspicion as the former team members caught up. Their recent victory having come at the cost of more than a few bruises it seemed.

Prenkus Lohnmeyer, the name seemed familiar even if Alex could not place the full bearded and cigar adorned face within his memory. “Lohmeyer? Well, I can hardly fault a fellow countryman when such striking company surrounds me. Alexander Menz, at your service.” The hunter returned, shaking Prenkus hand before turning to Jon to repeat the gesture. If he held any reservations about being more gentle around the injured they were swept aside by the large man's firm grasp. “A pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

Suppressing the initial spark of disappointment at being dismissed Alex shrugged, “T' is a shame but hardly my place to object. Though i wish you the best of luck; Mr. Grey's performance will be hard to upstage.” a mirthful smirk accompanying the last part.
Addressing Prenkus once more he suggested, “Shall we dedicate ourselves to the spirits then good sir? For I fear you'd neither enjoy leading nor being led in a waltz by myself.” As he spoke a gentleman hoisting a silver platter laden with glasses of amber liquid was already making his way toward them having been beckoned by a simple gesture. “Jon mentioned a bullet wound? Sounds like quite a scuffle.. any advice on dealing with these fanatics?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight MrBossMan MrBossMan The Gunrunner The Gunrunner

Last edited:
Jon's determined tone won him a faint smile. She stood back while introductions were made, greeting Prenkus warmly when he appeared.
"I've since heard you saved my cousin from more than one bullet in that fight. You've my gratitude Mr. Lohmeyer. Thaddeus can be a handful at times, but he'll always be family."

Iona was a little taken aback by the request. For all he was Jon didn't strike her as the formal type, this however only served to bolster her curiosity. What did he want to say?
Slowly she revealed the small object she had been turning in her hand. It was the silver pin she had recovered from the masked attacker. The pin was just larger than a bottle cap, depicting a man skewering a wolf wearing a crown. On it's back was a unique, 3-point clasp, made to fasten at those specific three points onto the fabric of a garment.
"Here, this is what the assassin dropped. See what you two can make of it." The statement was directed to both the Prussian men, but she pressed the pin gently, face down into Alex's hand.

After that she placed her small hand into Jon's and let herself be led onto the floor. Together they waded into the lake of flowing dresses and trim jackets. Iona was aware that she was in no way dressed as a lady ought to be, and her strict training made the fact chafe.
"Now, what is it you wanted to say that the others couldn't hear?" She put her attire out of her mind with the question.

Fenris Fenris The Gunrunner The Gunrunner MrBossMan MrBossMan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back