• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
“Greetings! And welcome the ‘The Other’ quest registration! I am Cortana, guild quest liaison and success consultant.” A chipper young woman of no more than 25, smiles wide on the other side of the marble counter, she wears the standard guild staff uniform, a black suit, white button down shirt under a Black vest and green tie, her long brown hair is tied up in a bun. The very image of professionalism. “Let’s see, there are 12 E and D rank quests within reasonable working distance from here, 4 of those quests are located in Aurelon. All quests recommend a standard party size of at least 4. I will pair you with 3 other guild members once selection of a quest has been completed.”

This was the conversation you’d had with Cortana before choosing your quest and subsequently being paired with a group of other guild members. A simple enough dungeon crawl. Kobolds had dug into a nearby mine and were accosting the local miners, killing two and severely wounding two others. Kobolds, being generally pretty weak are actually fairly low ranking quests despite their fatality towards regular civilians. As such, this quest was assigned to rank E/D guild members. Twenty gold coins per guild member upon arrival of the quest, and one hundred gold coins upon completion. 120 good was a fairly decent reward for a D rank quest, especially since it was per guild member, rather than total.

The guild meeting hall was large, and boasted several large wooden tables. Various guild members said either waiting for their party, or chatting with members that arrived. The marble flooring polished to perfection, stone columns rose upright to a high ceiling. Ornate chandeliers hung with magically lit candles that would never go out or drip. At the back of the hall three large stained glass windows stood depicting a scene of the 5 original members fighting the demon lords armies.

1581519031535.jpeg

Desmond sat at the back right table, closest to the right most stained glass window. He gazed up at it idly as he wondered how he ended up being the first one here. Typically he was always late, and that was by design. He liked being the last one to arrive, but not so late that anyone considered leaving without him. He checked his watch, five past noon. The invite said to meet at 1150 and depart at noon.

Stretching his wings out to their full ten foot wing span, he yawned. ‘This sucks...’ he thought. ‘Better add like ten minutes next time.’ bored, he idly looked to his left hand, snapping on the little bit of shadow magic he could muster. It was a shadow fire that was barely the size of a lighter. ‘Worthless as usual....’ Desmond sighed. Adjusting the short sword at his hip. He was ready to go. Yet no one was here.

Ursula

The bell on the guild hall's door rung as a lone elf opened it. Blonde hair, bow-wielding, sleek elegant figure and green clothes? That's typical elfs only exist in the elf's capital city of Arborei back in Aurelon. As much as magic captivated the people on earth, earth's technology also captivated a lot of people from Aurelon. Ursula was a prime example of it.

Drapped in an oversized jacket and black denim, she strolled through the lounge with a briefcase on her hand. People that already know her for a while would know that the elf always carries a handheld gaming console in one of her pocket, probably the newly released Amitech DS with arcane battery. That and her briefcase would likely has one or two weapons in it, usually one gun and one bow.

The elf scanned the lounge and her eyes seemed to lit up the moment she caught the sight of the winged boy on one of the seat. She sat on the chair opposite of him and with a glimmering eyes, pulled out several metal cylinders and laid it all on the table.

"Desmond, look! Look! I got my hands on some enchanted suppressors. Look at these babies, aww, these will make my job much easier! Those kobolds will stand no chance against me, mwahahahaha." Rolling the cylinders on her table, Ursula looks like a kid that wants to show off her new toys.

Sole let out a massive yawn as he entered the guild meeting hall. He was meant to be here earlier but he slept in, and Cheese never cooperates after waking up.

Sole didn't even have time to change his clothes, prompting to keeping wearing the clothes he slept it. An hawaiian shirt and cargo shorts. He carried the sleeping Cheese in a feminen purse, with flowers and butterflies covering it. Sure it mighy have looked weird for rough looking man like him carrying a girly purse, but he doesn't object on what Cheese likes. Besides, the purse looked cute.

He narrowed his eyes on an overly excited and elf and a...winged figure? Sole had seen various elves before but never a winged man.

He went up to the two figures, Cheese deciding to peer out through the purse.

"Excuse me," he said. "I missed a meeting from earlier because I slept in. Anything important I missed?"

Desmond hopped off the table as Ursula arrived, they had been in a party together a few times, so they were somewhat familiar.

“Nice! Nice! Those will make this quest go way faster!” He said with a thumbs up, happy she was excited. He was still bored though, since he knew they had to wait for the other two party members to show up still. Though, as if on queue, another guy showed up!Desmond wondered if this guy might actually be more lazy and apathetic than he was....

“Nah, you haven’t missed much. We are still waiting on at least one other person to show up before we go. If they take much longer though, we could probably still clear the quest with just us three. I mean, it’s kobolds right?” Desmond chuckled, stretching his arms and wings again. He wondered if he should start showing up a bit later still... getting here first was a real drag.

“So what type of fighter are you?” Desmond asked the new guy. “I fight with two swords. Offensive line. I don’t see any weapons on you. Fists then? Or magic?” Desmond asked, trying to get an idea of how this party might work.

Sage Xerion

From the seclusion of a dark corner, a figure had been standing idle for about an hour now. Though, her presence was only known when the small whine of a sharpened blade started to ring through the marble walls of the hall. There weren't many other people who were as mysterious, distant, and just purely ominous as Sage Xerion, so as she finally poked her out of the shadows, it wasn't much of a surprise it was her as her cold low voice met their ears.

"Been here..." She said in some sort of distant greeting as she the sound of a spinning blade approached the group. Sage looked all three of them in the eye before she spoke again, sizing them up, studying them. A normal thing for her. The young hooded rogue gave out a long snort through her nostrils before saying in a mocking manner. "We got two pieces of fresh meat, and a geek. You all really thought you all could handle some low life scrawny kobolds without me?" She shook her head as if she was disappointed as she finally stopped her stride between Desmond and Ursula. Sage wasn't too fond of elves, or most things that breathed her air for that matter. However, over the years, her bad feelings of Ursula had left her mind, developing a mutual respect for the elf. Then although Desmond had actually been in the guild for a little more than a few weeks, no one in her opinion achieved a name other fresh-meat until after their first 10 months. But, sometimes fresh-meat was much better than the names she came up with.

By this point, most of her fellow guild members knew Sage just had a strange sense of humor. Not to mention she had her routines at...strange parts of the day. All in all, Sage was just overly classified as a mysterious person...but powerful and loyal nonetheless. Surprisingly, despite her baleful demeanor, Sage was pretty easy to talk to, though sometimes it took more to make conversation without her just deeming someone a waste of her time.

As she let the lot of them conversate, Sage continued to spin her dagger in the palm of her hands, obviously ready to get her hands dirty. A small batter of an eye went to the small play toys on the table, but her gaze held no stick as she quickly lost interest. But if anyone, she would know better than to underestimate "play toys."

"I mastered Martial Arts so I'm pretty much a close-range fighter. I only know a single kind of magic but magic is not my thing anyway, prefer to just use my body instead of using something unnatural."

From the shadows, a woman emerged and immediately started insulting them, referring to him and wing boy as fresh meat and the elf as a geek...which is not exactly a lie but still a bit mean.

"You really just going to come here to talk smack?" Sole said as Cheese growled at the woman. He turned back the winged boy.

"I guess miss moody over there is the fourth person. So we ready or what?"

Ursula

"Tsk.. tsk.. tsk.. Sage, you don't know my reputation on the firearm association, right." Ursula displayed a wide smug grin as waved her index finger in the air. "I got my hand on an ottoman's musket, the barrel of a schewerer gustav, and the first batch of the failed arcane rifle prototype. I'm no mere geek, I am the level 99 geek boss! Fear me, normies! Ahahaha."

For real though, while Ursula considered herself as quite hardcore in her gun-collecting hobby. There's no way she would collect something ancient like the barrel of a massive railway gun and put it in a hidden compartement of her basement, yet the previous Ursula somehow thought it was a good idea to do so. She wanted to hand it over to a museum but couldn't even find the document that tells how the previous Ursula obtained it in the first place, so the process had been halted for further investigation.

"Hm, anyway, we already got enough members. We should get going." Glancing at the gathered adventurers, her eyes stared into the proclaimed martial artist's purse and the furball inside it.

"That's a rather cute purse and cute kitten. I suppose the cat is not the type that can turn into giant tiger, right? Want me to show you the nearest cat daycare? Or do you want to bring the kitten? I heard kobolds like to eat smaller mammals like rats, or kitten." Ursula teased the man. She was just joking about the last part of course. Kobold doesn't eat kitten, they eat ANYTHING.

Aravini Aravini

Desmond

Desmond couldn’t help but smile as sage walked over to the party. He had heard a bit about her, and knew she could be.... difficult. To think he would be partying with her so soon. The new guy seemed alright though, Desmond just hoped his little kitten would be okay if he really intended to bring it along.

“Alright, Alright, enough squabbling, yeah? We’ve got a mine to delve, workers to save and kobolds to kill. I don’t know about you three, but my sword arm is itching for a fight.” Desmond turned and started leading the way, seemed like someone had to do it, and it might as well be him...

“Anyone got a car? I usually just fly to my quests, so I don’t have one.” He asked over his shoulder. Desmond hated flying long distances, but it was certainly easier and cheaper than owning and maintaining a car, even if a car was more relaxing.

Sage Xerion

From the void-like darkness of her hood, she looked down at the kitten and wrinkled her nose in disgust. Debating whether to kick the little furball or just plain spill its guts on the floor, which she was dangerously close to. In a completely unconcerned manner, she slowly moved her head to the cat lover and replied with an emotionless tone.

"This pest yours? If so, grab it before I punt it like a football." A small undermined hiss seemed to follow her words, though it was just barely heard. With a risen brow, she turned to Ursula and slowly nodded as she clicked her tongue. All of the information that was exchanged went through one ear and out the other. Sage wasn't into guns, she liked her knives, they left more impact than a tiny bullet. "Nice..." Was all she managed to say before following Desmond to the door.

When he started talking about a car, she only shrugged. "You mean to say you can't carry us all and fly us all there?" It was hard to tell if she was joking or serious. Though it was made clear when she added, "I have my Yoshimura, but it can only fit two people." Sage was known to have a pretty stylish motorcycle in her possession. It was said someone tried to steal it once, which, she pretty much asks for because she leaves the keys and her helmet on the bike. But after that one occasion someone actually tried, it was said that the man was never seen again. The police didn't even find him, and Sage never said anything more than "He put up a fight."

Last edited:
Sole

Sole turned to the elf who complimented him on his purse and kitten, then showed concern about Cheese's safety. "Oh trust me. She's tougher than she looks, she'll be fine. Every time I leave her somewhere while going off to fight someone, I always return to her clean as a whistle while I'm covered in bruises and cuts."

The shadowy girl then proceeded to threaten to kill Cheese.

Sole laughed. "Oh lady, do something like that and I promise you that you won't be coming with both your legs working."

Before anything bad could happen, the wing boy leads them, prepared for the mission.

Ursula

"Well, Ursula here come to save the day." Ignoring the bickering between the two jobmates, the elf urged the others to follow her to the guild's parking lot. There she spread her arms while standing next to a black van that almost has no window except for the frontseat and a small pair on the rear.

"Tada, I presented to you, my kidnapper van. This bad boy has accompanied me through long boring nights while hunting bigfoot, pegasus or other weird hunting quest." Pressing the buttons on the remote key, the vehicle beeped a few times before the doors flew open.

Looking inside, there's no backseat in the back part of the van and instead it had been turned into one cozy room with carpetted floor and a large fluffy bean bag. A small refrigerator and several cabinets were bolted to the wall, the cabinets were filled with book or some indistinguishable plastic and metal parts while the refrigerator was filled with canned beers and potato chips. There's an LCD screen fastened to a metal board that divided the front and the back part of the van, a pair of controllers could be seen on the carpet underneath it. The walls was covered with various posters such as the Call of Death, Bakamon and even some arcane pop idol groups such as Elven Xtra Ordinaire.

"You can enjoy yourself and poke around but please, if you want to use the Nintendark 3, make sure you don't overwrite my save file." While Ursula would be happy if she could share the things she enjoys, there's that one incident where a fellow adventurer accidentally deleted her progress in the game, even though she spent hundreds of hours to do all the extra content available. That was a nightmare for her and she sometimes still lamenting about it.

"Desmond, while I'm driving please brief us on the details of the mission. I know it's just kobolds but I still like to hear more about the situation." Jumping into the driver seat, Ursula started the engine to warm it up.

Desmond

Desmond resisted the urge to intervene in the bickering, not because it was the right thing to do, but all the posturing would get really annoying really quickly. Desmond missed his old party, but they had all been close to ranking up when he joined, so he’d known it would be a short grouping. Desmond had a feeling this group would probably be a one time thing, but who knew, crazier things had happened.

Desmond was relieved when Ursula mentioned she had a car, it meant he didn’t have to fly ahead and wait for everyone. Upon arriving at the van Desmond found himself rather excited.

“Woah, look at this set up, games? Tv? Bean bag? It’s like every middle schoolers dream!” Desmond said trying to crack a joke. He’d be lying if he said he couldn’t see himself wasting weeks at a time on that bean bag chair alone.

The only problem with cars though, was Desmond’s wings. Sitting in seats was... difficult, if not impossible. His wings weren’t magical and couldn’t be simply dismissed, like some other spells he had seen. Nope, his were all his all the time. Just before he stepped into he back of the van his phone rang. He checked his phone to see ‘guild office’. “Jeez, when did I become the party leader huh?” He said exhausted already.

“Hello?” He said answering the phone. It had been Cortana saying that there had been a last minute addition to their small party. A woman by the name of Noivan, would be joining them. With a groan Desmond acknowledged the extra party member and thanked Cortana as he hung up.

“Hold up, we have one more party member coming. Some girl named novian, rank D like us. Cortana said she should at the guild hall in a few minutes. I’ll go get her. We can go over the quest details when I get back... I guess...” Desmond huffed as he spread his wings, and with a few heavy flaps, was gone towards the guild hall once again.

Noivan

The guild door lightly opened revealing a girl with fiery orange hair and sympathetic ocean blue eyes, Her clothes were that of a commoner but she had giant angelic wings protruding from her back. She looked around the amazingly spacious room, As her eyes scanned the room and she aimlessly walked around her shoes making a click on the marble floor.

The more she looked around she came to a man that had giant wings that looked like hers. She immediately went up to him softly touching his wings "Wow your wings look just like mine what a coincidence". Her face gave off a sweet smile with a hint of darkness behind it, But quickly she adjusted her posture upright and said formally "You wouldn't happen to be my party by any chance".

Her skin was smooth and she hid her hands behind her back as she spoke "My name is Noivan it's nice to meet all of you". She made another smile that seems nice but has darkness behind it which is her signature smile.

Sage Xerion

"Then why the heck are we bringing you when your little furball is the one that can kick ass?" Sage retorted as she stepped out the door. She wasn't one to continue an argument, she had other things she'd rather do than yap her gums with someone else. Especially this waste of space. "Don't answer that, your voice alone pains my ears." She added quickly before approaching the "kidnapper" van.

One look from the mere outside and a small glance of the interior instantly made up her mind. With a careless gesture, she threw two thumbs toward her bike, which was only a few parking spaces over. "Yeeeaaaahhh. That thing is a disaster waiting to happen. I'll take my bike," Sage took out an extra key fob from her pocket, and started her motorcycle. The sweet thundering hum of the bike signaled its started engine, and she solemnly put the key back in her pocket before awaiting the "let's go" factor.

However, once Desmond let it be known that he was leading the party, she scoffed at the idea. But it's not like she was going to object, someone had tell these slimbrains what to do, and she, herself, didn't have much of a problem doing a task for the sake of her "party;" whatever this team squad mission was about. As long as she wasn't getting ordered around, she didn't exactly mind too much, the sooner they were done, the sooner she could go back to her single and occasional partner missions.

Setting her gaze upon the new girl, she gave a curt nod and replied. "Sage..." Her disinterest in a formal introduction clearly drawn on her blank face. "A pleasure...more or less." She added. Her eyes outlined the girl's figure, and soon enough, she recognized the girl as Noivan. She'd seen her around once or twice, but every time she walked past her, there was something else about her. Something...off. She couldn't but find it a bit alluring, and her curiosity in the woman's mysteries grew with every interaction. When she finally finished noting the woman's every aspect, she looked between the party as she pulled out a small golden pocket watch to check the time. "We ready?" She asked in an eager tone, however, the mood of her voice barely changed with her emotions.

She looked at the women with a blank expression devoid of all emotions then a smile "that's such a nice name Sage". She gave off her dark smile and looked around oddly enough during all of her interaction she always kept her hands behind her back, which rub people the wrong way since she had a belt of daggers for accuracy.

She looked at the pocket watch and said "I'm ready" she said with excitement in her voice as she flapped her wings once, After that her scent scattered which gave the room a smell of candy.

Her eyes looked over the remaining people and took in all their features and seeing how much of a modern look they had compared to her, But she loved the feel of her clothes and how comfy they were but not stylist.

Sole

Sole scoffed at the shadowy woman's comment. Obviously she didn't like him and there was no point in arguing against her. He knew what type of person she was, a moody woman who doesn't like to play with others.

They reached what seemed to be elf's van. Although Sole was uncomfortable by the fact it's called the 'kidnapping van' and expected tied up bodies waiting for him. Instead, he found a somewhat well-built interior that made it more like a living room than an actual van, though he doubts its safety.

"Alright, this is cool. I just hope it doesn't break down as soon as it starts moving."

He went in, hoping to get the mission started but then the wing boy got a text.

A new girl emerged from the building, this one also had wings. She didn't seem like a troublesome soul and honestly looks pretty approachable. However, Cheese didn't seem to agree as the small kitten hissed at her as the wing girl approached.

"What's with you Cheese?" Sole said. "If you keep acting like this, I won't take you with me anymore, got it?"

Ursula

"Don't worrry, this van is 100% safe. I designed this van to withstand a bigfoot's curiousity afterall. It even has a complete lockdown feature. Just don't open the book cabinet while we're threading through rough terrain, allright?" Giving a thumb up, Ursula reassure Sole about the safety of her van.

"And welcome to our last member Noivan. Now let's go!"

Ursula moved the van just enough to put it next to Sage's bike. She gave the hooded rogue a wide grin. "Try to keep down with my speed, ma'am."

Sage Xerion

A small brow rose to the compliment; even someone as forbidding as her had common morals. With a small nod, she muttered a phrase of gratitude underneath her breath before stalking over to her bike. She wasn't one for showing an appreciation for kindness, mostly because she didn't care. Though, it was one thing to be unfriendly, and it was another to just be plain rude, something Sage actually had the morals to not do. At least consistently, she had her moments.

As the van pulled up beside her bike, she threw back her hood and looked toward the elf with a look of boredom. Keep down the speed? Really? With a small smug snort, Sage flashed her a toothy smirk as her crystal blue eyes gave an expression of rebellion, however, she complied nonetheless. As she shoved her pitch-black helm over her face, Sage gave a "whatever-you-say" nod and swung her legs over the cycle. Her voice was then heard over the comms, her voice didn't at all go through the solid helmet that she wore.

"You go too slow, and I might just decide to meet you all there..." She replied. Sage through a hand forward, gesturing for Ursula to lead the way, and once she started the van forward, Sage was then riding beside them. The sweet hum and thunder of the bike filling her ears.

Noivan giggled at sage's eagerness to get there, But Noivan turned her attention to the van running her hand along the side and feeling her fingers. She nodded at the elf promptly going into the van. Once inside she looks at a kitten with her ocean blue eyes taking in everything about it, After a bit of the cat hissing Noivan offered her hand "hi I'm Noivan nice to meet you" she gave off her smile that looked sweet but was also kinda eerie.

There wasn't much to do in the van expect remember names and looks, The only one that she knew so far was sage and thus was excited to learn the rest of her team. When she was bored of the ride she grabbed started to groom her wings taking dust out of them putting them in place. This was almost traditional for her since her wings meant a lot to her.

Last edited:
Desmond had been surprised to find another person who had wings similar to his. He wondered if hers were from being a vassal, or natural born. He wasn’t going to ask though, he’d learned quickly that a lot of guild members didn’t appreciate being asked who their god was. It made sense, their gods gave most of them their trump cards, so the more secret they were, the better off they would be.

“Alright alright, let’s just go.” Desmond said as everyone started herding into the van. Sage had decided to ride her bike there, and ultimately it was probably a good idea...

Once everyone was secured in the van, and Ursula started driving, Desmond pulled out his phone to give everyone the rundown again.

“Okay, so a large group of kobolds have mined their way into a coal mine. Typically kobolds look for rare minerals. But these seem to be interested in coal. They have killed a few miners, and wounded some others. The mine is roughly a half mile underground. The miners say that the kobolds mined up into the far end of the mine, so we can expect a secondary mine connecting to this one. We don’t know the exact numbers, but... oh well.” Desmond shrugged, as if to punctuate his ‘oh well’ he had personally fought kobolds twice before and found their fighting ability.... lackluster at best. “Kobolds are uncoordinated and mischievous. Quest notes say to exterminate the kobolds ‘with extreme prejudice’...

“Any questions?” He asked, turning towards the rest of the folks in the back of the van.

Noivan looked at Desmond and turned to the party "Kobolds they will be underground, Does everyone have rocks or something expendable with them, I hate chasing kobold all they do is run you into traps." She said softly and sweetly almost hard to see her being a warrior with such sweetness.

Her head turned back to Desmond and her fixed her eyes on him moving her hair out of her face she asked "Oh yeah I don't know your name but how cramp is the tunnel we are going in, Too cramp to fly I'm guessing" she leaned in forward to hear about it. Unlike most people Noivan is always worried about details of missions making sure they go smoothly.

Sage Xerion

It seemed the rogue had disappeared, though the faint hum of her cycle still remained within earshot. From the comms she replied to Desmond, her words laced with disbelief. "So...you have no idea how many kobolds there are, nor do you know their exact motivations." An obvious scoff came from her, and suddenly, he bike pulled into the rearview mirror of the van.

"You've got to have more detail than that..." Stubborn she was, but she was patient and efficient, as why her task took a bit longer than others to complete, but they got done. Not to mention, she usually came back without bruises or scars, her clothes, however, were a different story. Despite the arrogance she had to take on a whole army alone, she still heavily desired to always know what she was up against. Anything else was defined as plain stupid in her case, but if that truly was all they had, there would be no surprise when Sage deemed it not worth risking her good leather.

Last edited:
Ursula

"Don't worry Sage, I'm sure we can find a map or something in the mine's office." Ursula was driving calmly while listening to Desmond flooring the data that he acquired. Well, it certainly lacking a lot, but not something she couldn't tolerate. Noivan made a good question about the structure of the mine. A narrow mine would not only restrict the winged fighters, but also limits her shooting trajectory.

They're halfway to the destination concrete building on the side of the roads had been switched for lavish forest. Now that they're out of the city, the elf slightly sped up her van and poked her head out of the window a bit.

"Yo, Sage. As far as I know you are not the type to take party mission like this, right? I mean, same as me, but you're even less likely to group up. Why did you decide to accept this one?" Ursula raised her volume so her question could be heard by the rogue. The wind seems to blow stronger here now that they're out of the city.

Sole

Sole was taken back when the wing girl greeted, revealing her name to be Noivan. "Sup, the name's Sole, and this little angry furball over here is Cheese. Don't mind her, she seems to be in a mood today."

Before Sole could talk a bit more, it was time for them to move. It was tight space in the van with two of the party members carrying wings behind their backs. Wing boy started briefing about Cobalds? Kobos? Whatever they were, but from how he described them, they were something that was way underpowered for him. Hopefully, after a few more of these, he could fight something that's tough to quench that itch he feels. It's been too long since a good fight.

As the environment around them turned green, Sole decided to ask wing boy a question.

"So...is there anything else there we have to fight besides Kobads or whatever they are? Seems too easy honestly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back