• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Only Way To Go Is Up! ~The Story~

Thepotatogod

and it was this big
Roleplay Type(s)
-[Other Links]-
Players' Chatroom
C=Sheets

The Center of everything...One known as the 'Imagination' and the 'Mind'.
Albeit, they are the same being, they're motives are far from sane.
The 'Imagination' seeks to create
Whilst The 'Mind' seeks balance, yet ever so curious.
And thus, he began to experiment...

--[!!]--
-Pick your entrypoint-

[CLOSED OFF FOR PLOT PROGRESSION]
̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶o̶r̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶m̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶n̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶n̶s̶f̶o̶l̶k̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶r̶i̶g̶u̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶i̶a̶r̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶k̶y̶.̶.̶.̶I̶s̶ ̶f̶a̶r̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶d̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶c̶r̶i̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶'̶N̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶'̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶s̶u̶n̶,̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶u̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶k̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶y̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶u̶d̶s̶.̶

You who are lucky enough are awakened in an inn. A fancy wood ceiling greets you along with some other...'Roommates'. Lying on a comfy mattress on a bed, you spy a window near your bed. Indeed. You find yourself in Inn of the Town Plaza.

You who are lucky enough wakes up in a clinic. You find yourself lying on a bed and mattress. and you spot multiple other people near you: all lying in the same bed. Well, all until they get up and leave, of course.

You find yourself in a room with multiple beds, hearing noises of cheer down below. Your roommates will surely greet you with a thousand questions.

[Closed for plot moving!]
̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶.̶.̶I̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶ ̶j̶o̶k̶e̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶u̶n̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶v̶e̶n̶d̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶.̶.̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶l̶e̶s̶.̶
Players, the choice is up to you.

-[Minimum Player Count reached. Let us begin]-
GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts
Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo
Donder172 Donder172

-Any other players who had submitted their characters are allowed to proceed-​

Last edited:
Star awoke in an inn of some sort, she looked around dazed and confused.
"Wow, the dimensional scissors never did this before... wait a sec..." she thought aloud before she realized that she is without her dimensional scissors. Star frantically looked for them all over the room.
"Oh come on! They got to be here somewhere!" she said as she proceeded to use her wand's magic to move the objects in the room around which made the room looked like it had Zero-Gravity.

Last edited:
Sanae had been lying face-up on top of a comfy mattress, her closed eyes indicating that she was already soundly asleep. She grumbled quietly, rolling over to her right and lying lazily on her side, facing the wall in the process. Her sleep still remained relatively undisturbed even now despite the objects in the room floating around in different directions.

Star continued to frantically look for her dimensional scissors.
A mattress with Sanae on top of it floated passed Star.
Star groaned in annoyance, "Great... No dimensional scissors and no way of getting back home..."
Star then walked over to a corner of the room and sat down, with her hands on her head.
The objects in the room then promptly fall to the ground.

Last edited:
It had all felt like a dream for Sanae until that point. As the mattress dropped, so did the green-haired shrine maiden sleeping on it. The mattress plopped onto the wooden floorboards with enough force to make Sanae slide out and hit the floor itself.

"UWAH!" Sanae yelped after she had slid onto the floor. "NO, XENOFIST, YOU BETTER NOT!" She screamed as her eyes darted open.

"..." Sanae pulled herself up into a sitting position and looked all around this room.

IMG_2430.JPG

Her eyebrows raised in a mix of curiosity and confusion as she took in her surroundings. "...Suwako? Kanako?" she asked, hoping to get some kind of response. It wasn't until she spotted someone very out of place in the room when she decided to talk again. "H-hi. Who are you supposed to be?" she asked.

It had all felt like a dream for Sanae until that point. As the mattress dropped, so did the green-haired shrine maiden sleeping on it. The mattress plopped onto the wooden floorboards with enough force to make Sanae slide out and hit the floor itself.

"UWAH!" Sanae yelped after she had slid onto the floor. "NO, XENOFIST, YOU BETTER NOT!" She screamed as her eyes darted open.

"..." Sanae pulled herself up into a sitting position and looked all around the room to get a look at her surroundings.

View attachment 293932

Her eyebrows raised in a mix of curiosity and confusion as she took in her sureoundings. "...Suwako? Kanako?" she asked, hoping to get some kind of response. It wasn't until she spotted someone very out of place in the room when she decided to talk again. "H-hi. Who are you supposed?" she asked.
Star's expression brightened up with a wide smile, "HI! I'm Star Butterfly!"
ad187cc09fd3.gif
"I'm a Magical Princess from another Dimension!"
The Princess exclaimed as she formed a rainbow over herself with her wand... the rainbow then almost immediately caught on fire.
"So What's your name?" Star asked the green-haired girl.

Akira Kurusu, a young man wearing a black blazer coat was sleeping quite peacefully in the inn when his blanket seemingly disappeared. Akira felt this disturbance and was immediately woken up by it. He found not only his blanket floating, but a bunch of other stuff floating around the room. Mostly vases and tables.

"Wha-?!" Akira gasped in surprised as he rolled in surprise, falling off the bed and hiding behind it. First of all, he has no idea where he is, nor the recollection of how he got here. All he remembers is that he is in a field trip to hawaii with his band of thieves. Soon enough, the vase he saw soon fell beside him, his Thief's instinct kicked in and caught it immediately. Unfortunately for the other vases which fell and crashed. It, indeed, made a lot of noise. "So much for trying to keep quiet." He sighed, standing up and placing the vase on the table. He had overheard a girl's voice while hiding behind the bed. Something about a 'dimensional scissors' and what not. Is it treasure, he wonders?

He spotted a blonde with a red handband with devil horns wearing a cyan dress. He placed his hand on his belt, searching for his pistol. This is a bad position to be in. A random civilian, potentially a tourist and a Phantom Thief in the same room? Who knows what sort of secrets she had uncovered?

"..." Sanae pulled herself up into a sitting position and looked all around the room to get a look at her surroundings.

"..." Akira looked unimpressed, but he was definitely surprised by the girl with green hair's sudden remark. 'Great. Then we got this weird fellow' he thought as he let out a sigh. Soon enough, the girl in green revealed her name: Star Butterfly.

"Greetings, Ms. Butterfly." Akira greeted. "Kurusu Akira. Nice to meet you."

"Hey, Nice to meet you too! Say, are you from this dimension?" she asked Akira.
Star wondered if he was a native of this dimension.
She then pointed at the Green-Haired girl, "And is she a friend of yours?"

"Dimension? I was going to ask you what are doing in my room." Akira remarked as he soon noticed the window, it doesn't look remotely like where he was before. 'It doesn't look remotely like Hawaii...Shame. I was planning to hang out with Futaba today...' he thought as he looked back to Star.

"However, I don't believe I know where I am nor how I got here..." he rubbed his chin, as if thinking about his next move. His absence would mean a major compromise in executing the Phantom Thieves of Heart's next heist, so getting back home is his top priority. But frankly, something else is interesting to him.

'Butterfly-chan is a princess? That's hardly what you'd call a joke, don't you think?' Akira thought as scanned Star's actions. Earlier, there was a rainbow which soon caught on fire. And then we got the issue of the wand. Normally, Akira would think of it as a Mahou Shoujou line of toy wands but, as testified by the rainbow, proved to be a real wand. Does that mean...It's a theory, but what if he can summon Arsene without the use of the Metaverse Navigator? Come to think of it, he doesn't even have his phone with him! Perhaps the best course of action is to ask around... He fixed his glasses in place and began to walk towards the door. "Maybe we should ask around. Maybe the innkeeper knows where we are."

Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo

New Star's expression brightened up with a wide smile, "HI! I'm Star Butterfly!"
ad187cc09fd3-gif.293933

"I'm a Magical Princess from another Dimension!"
The Princess exclaimed as she formed a rainbow over herself with her wand... the rainbow then almost immediately caught on fire.
"So What's your name?" Star asked the green-haired girl.

IMG_2426.JPG

Sanae was caught a little off guard by Star's energetic, flashy introduction. Before Sanae was able to respond to her greeting, however, a boy's voice resounded as he introduced himself.

Star wondered if he was a native of this dimension.
She then pointed at the Green-Haired girl, "And is she a friend of yours?"

IMG_2426.JPG

"Huh? No, we're not--" she stopped as she actually saw the stranger was talking.

IMG_2430.JPG

"I mean, we could be friends," she said as she noted the boy's features. Sanae had to admit it, but his guy had a cool aura about him—his outfit was mostly a fancy black-and-white suit, but those glasses really made his eyes look even sharper. He looked like the "cool-headed, calculating protagonist" type.

"...Maybe we should ask around. Maybe the innkeeper knows where we are."

IMG_2426.JPG

"Hey! You completely threw me out of the loop!" Sanae complained. "Slow down, I just woke up."
Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Star walked up to Sanae and patted her back, "It's all good, Greeny... We could all go to the innkeeper, together!"
Star suggested before she randomly said, "Hey do you guys like puppies?" she then used her wand to summon puppies who shot lasers from their eyes.
"So cute..." Star whispered
Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

New Star walked up to Sanae and patted her back, "It's all good, Greeny... We could all go to the innkeeper, together!"
Star suggested before she randomly said, "Hey do you guys like puppies?" she then used her wand to summon puppies who shot lasers from their eyes.
"So cute..." Star whispered

IMG_2430.JPG

It seemed like this girl was revealing a new power she had every few seconds. It was a lot for Sanae to wrap her mind around, but she was starting to come to grips with it.

IMG_2418.JPG

...And besides, those puppies were cute. How were they firing lasers from their eyes, though? With how crazy it all looked, Sanae wondered if she was in an even weirder dream now.

IMG_2426.JPG

"Wait! Aren't those going to destroy the whole building??"

"Sorry..." Akira apologized. After all, this is a bit confusing, even for him. He placed his hand in his pockets and looked at the girl. "I forgot to ask your name, too...That usually doesn't happen." he said as he recalled Morgana, his cat who can talk to him. "Perhaps we should have a do o-" Before he could finish, Star began to speak.

"Hey do you guys like puppies?" she then used her wand to summon puppies who shot lasers from their eyes.

'Those are...Pugs?' Akira thought as the puppies shot the wall, catching it on fire. 'Wait a second...Aren't they going to burn the place down?!'

"Wait! Aren't those going to destroy the whole building??"

"My thoughts exactly--!" Akira said as Star carried the pug to his eye level. Luckily, he was able to dodge a single shot before taking the pup from Star. "S-shouldn't you be worried about burning the place down?" He inquired as he turned towards the window, hoping to divert the shots out of the building, and soon enough one of the lasers hit the ceiling began to be lit on fire as well. He took it by the window where the lasers shot everywhere and can be seen in the distance, but luckily, it didn't hit any of the houses, but a random tree in the forest. 'Hope that doesn't cause a wildfire...'

Meanwhile! In the forest...

Penny Polendina opened her eyes and found herself in an unfamiliar area. It looked as if she was in a forest of sorts, complete with a butterfly floating onto her nose.

'Where...Am I?' She thought to herself as she stood up, brushing the dust off her dress as the butterfly took off. Penny didn't see anyone else in the area, but something else caught her attention: Lasers coming from a village in the distance. She couldn't tell which building was the beams from, but she can tell someone was misusing firearms. It doesn't look like she can contact Ruby or General Ironwood using her built-in scroll...The best course of action is to head to the village...She couldn't help but wonder why is she smelling something burning in the distance.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Penny asked around as she began to walk towards the village.

York wondered the forest, this wasn't new to the Agent as the strange crimes that he had investigated desensitized him to these sorts of things.
"You know, Zach, this reminds me of this one film I've seen... It was a 1999 horror film that was made to look like actual found footage of a student film project gone wrong... do you know what I'm talking about?" York talked to himself... or rather Zach.
"..."
"That's right, the 'Blair Witch Project'..." York rambled about the film to "Zach" but stopped when he heard someone calling out in the forest.
"Hello? Is anyone there?" Penny asked around as she began to walk towards the village.
"..."
"I know, Zach... She might be as lost as we are..." York replied.
"..."
"You're right... She might also give us more pieces to this puzzle..." York smiled and ran after the source of the voice.

"You're right... She might also give us more pieces to this puzzle..."

Hearing the voice, Penny stopped and looked around, trying to see who it was. It sounded like a middle aged man, similar to that of Ironwood's. Soon enough, she found a silhouette of a man wearing a brown coat approaching her from the distance. She figured it might be one of the civilians who is from the area, so she decided to ask.

"Salutations!" Penny greeted as she approached the man. "Pardon me for asking, sir, but do you know where this place is? I am sorta lost...

"Salutations!" Penny greeted as she approached the man. "Pardon me for asking, sir, but do you know where this place is? I am sorta lost...
York analyzed the girl's appearance, before he nodded and pulled out his FBI Badge, "I'm FBI Special Agent, Francis York Morgan. But please, call me York. That's what everyone calls me... I was investigating the Red Seed Murders in Greenvale... but when I went to bed... I ended up in this forest... bumped into you and... well, here we are..."
York placed his hand over his forehead and said, "What's that Zach?"
"..."
York chuckled, "Well, I guess you are right, Zach... We're not in Kansas anymore..."

"I'm FBI Special Agent, Francis York Morgan. But please, call me York. That's what everyone calls me... "

"I am Penny Polendina! A pleasure to meet you, sir York!" Penny introduced in her usual cheer.

I was investigating the red seed murders in Greenvale... but when I went to bed... I ended up in this forest... bumped into you and... well here we are..."
York placed his hand over his forehead and said, "What's that Zach?"
"..."
York chuckled, "Well, I guess you are right, Zach... We're not in Kansas anymore..."

Wherever Kansas is, Penny doesn't have any clue, but she is curious as to who is 'Zach'. All of her communication modules are definitely down, but somehow, York is talking to someone. "Pardon me from asking, but who is 'Zach'? I don't think there is any communication service around, sir." she couldn't help but be curious, it's an enduring character trait. But you got to wonder...Is Zach even a person to begin with?

Wherever Kansas is, Penny doesn't have any clue, but she is curious as to who is 'Zach'. All of her communication modules are definitely down, but somehow, York is talking to someone. "Pardon me from asking, but who is 'Zach'? I don't think there is any communication service around, sir." she couldn't help but be curious, it's an enduring character trait. But you got to wonder...Is Zach even a person to begin with?
"Oh, Zach? He's my close friend and my partner... We've solved various cases in our career..." York explained while also not explain what Zach is.
"..."
"What's that Zach?" York said as he placed his hand on his forehead once more, "Yes, I suppose we do look crazy, if we keep talking to each other like this..."
"..."
"Well, Miss Polendina, shall we head to the town then? Perhaps we'll find more answers there..." York said.

Oh, Zach? He's my close friend and my partner... We've solved various cases in our career..." York explained while also not explain what Zach is.
"..."
"What's that Zach?" York said as he placed his hand on his forehead once more, "Yes, I suppose we do look crazy, if we keep talking to each other like this..."
"..."

Penny tilted her head as 'Zach' and 'York' discuss once more. She couldn't exactly hear what Zach is saying, but she supposed it's quite...Personal. After all, it's mutual the Penny couldn't reveal what she really is, too.

"Well, Miss Polendina, shall we head to the town then? Perhaps we'll find more answers there..." York said.

"Yes, perhaps they lead us to the way home!" Penny replied with glee, pointing to the direction of the village. Soon enough, they would've began walking, and Penny would've hum some cheery tune while on their way...

IMG_2430.JPG

Sanae decided to finally stand up. She stood slightly taller than Star, but shorter than Akira.

When it seemed like the threat had passed, Sanae decided to confront Star about it.

IMG_2430.JPG

"If they were supposed to only sting, then why'd they set things on fire?" she asked.

"If they were supposed to only sting, then why'd they set things on fire?" she asked.
Star simply shrugged and chuckled nervously.

As York and Penny headed to the town, York chimed, "Say, Penny... I don't mean to be rude... but your movements seem a bit... stiff... almost robotic..."

As York and Penny headed to the town, York chimed, "Say, Penny... I don't mean to be rude... but your movements seem a bit... stiff... almost robotic..."

"H-huh?!" Penny was caught off by York's observation. She was merely humming a tune, but...What part of her made him think that she's actually an..."Y-you really *hic* think so? But I'm not a robot *hic* or anything...*hic*!" If anything, those hiccups would've already revealed something to the detective: She couldn't lie.

"Lasers, naturally, are made out of light." Akira said, as if recalling his science class. "It's no wonder those things can burn...Light is also heat after all." He nodded as the pug he was holding was still firing lasers. The other pug had been neutralized...Perhaps it had slept. The other one? He doesn't know what to do with it. Dropping it would've caused some collateral damage while throwing it would most likely do the same. 'Maybe if I covered it's eyes?...No, they'll just burn through the blindfold.' he thought as placed the pug on the window, hoping it wouldn't turn towards him and damage the room even further.

Star simply shrugged and chuckled nervously.

"You know, for someone who claims to be a princess, you're quite immature..." Akira remarked as he got closer to the group, placing a blanket on the sleeping pug.

"It's long overdue, but what is your name, ma'am?" He turned to the green haired girl, fixing his glasses in place. 'I'm curious as to what is this one's name. She's weird alright, but at least she has SOME form of common sense.' he thought to himself as he looked at his potential recruit. Perhaps the codename 'Midori' is good on her? Well, we'd have to see her Persona first if he was to recruit her...

"H-huh?!" Penny was caught off by York's observation. She was merely humming a tune, but...What part of her made him think that she's actually an..."Y-you really *hic* think so? But I'm not a robot *hic* or anything...*hic*!" If anything, those hiccups would've already revealed something to the detective: She couldn't lie.
"..."
"That's right, Zach! Terminator..." York observed Penny, "In the Film, an android from the future disguised itself as a human..."
York notes her hiccups, "You're lying... You're an android aren't you?"
"..."
"You're right, Zach... She's the Tin Man to our Dorthy..." York said with a smile.
"You know, for someone who claims to be a princess, you're quite immature..." Akira remarked as he got closer to the group, placing a blanket on the sleeping pug.
"Oh come on, I get that enough from mom..." Star said as she crossed her arms and pouted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back