• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Only Way To Go Is Up! ~The Story~ (OPEN AND ACCEPTING! IGNORE POST COUNT, IF YOU MUST!)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Armando Carmen

Armando's attack combo: Straight left Jab + Right uppercut

Attack was successful but not enough to kill. Armando's intuition already gave him an idea that these things are stronger than they look. Melee hits are sure effective and he needs to move onto a stronger attack. The tables repositioned themselves to assault them both. Two melee and the rest was range. Armando took quick notice of this by initiating a dash towards the sword tables. A successful dodge to the left against the table but a follow up flame geyser from below slew him down as he saw the floor heaten up. Determined to hit his current target, the flame magic attack was nothing to him. The attack missed completely as he dashed through the danger area with ease. He noticed Guinevere took damage but was fine so he continued on as the table he targeted was arms reach. Armando was warming up as he performs his next attack with a follow up. The same jab with an uppercut to finally finish off the the weeping table.

thefinalgirl thefinalgirl Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

20200921_071457.jpg

Seeing the only remaining rocks combine into one before flying at him at great speed, Godzilla
ducked to avoid the impact.

Godzilla then turned around to the side, his tail moving away towards the right. When the Rock attempted to ram him again, he swung his tail out like a powerful whip, to (Though it's possible it wont connect) hurl the intelligent rock into the far distance.

"BATTER UP!"

• latest

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Betsumei No Ishi Betsumei No Ishi

FD8Zeh6.jpg
    It was a moment of weakness. It was not weakness on the Drifter's part... not necessarily. Ultimately, it was his own negligence, and his own inability to finish off these creatures, that one of his companions had become exposed to their attacks. The Drifter had never given much thought to how slimes worked, or that their own friendly slime could become vulnerable in such a way. That, compounded with how his own actions - or perhaps, inaction - had contributed to the situation that lay before them now.

Guilt could dictate his thoughts for only so long. His life had always been given meaning by action, and it was no different here. In that moment, though, as Drifter saw how these monsters had moved, and where they had gone, that a different tack was needed.

With a motion even quicker than that of his signature blade, the Drifter practically spun in place. In the blink of an eye, the sidearm that had clung to the Drifter's hip was now in firmly in his hands. In another blink, he started to unload precise energy bolts on each of those... Basalts. The Sprite chirped again. This Tower was becoming stranger and stranger. It was a single-action pistol, though from how the Drifter operated it, it was as if it was a semi-automatic in spraying death upon these things.

Konpaku Youmu

YoumuPortrait4.png
"I'm going inside now..." Fuuka meekly said before walking towards the gate, bowing towards Youmu and Slogturtle as the latter simply chuckled.

Youmu couldn't help but bow in return, especially since she hadn't met this girl before. If she was going to show a sign of respect, Youmu held a self-imposed duty to return it.

Youmu looked past the gate to the group who had decided to leave on a scouting expedition—she felt a pressing need to accompany the leader in his travels. However, she decided against it after considering how he might feel about one of his guests risking her neck instead of resting like he'd asked her to.

If Kamipon was confident enough to travel with a group of total strangers without the help of any of his troops, then he must have been considerably strong. If General Slogturtle was anyone to base her assumptions on, Youmu knew that their small size was nothing to be underestimated.

Slogturtle glanced at Youmu, seeing as their presence didn't really merit any need for them to fight. Slogturtle merely dropped his greatshield, retreated into his shell-head, and slid along the ground, his greatshield under it.

Youmu walked alongside the old turtle back to camp after the new guests had passed them.

"Were you looking forward to a fight, perhaps?" she asked.

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Topless Topless

• Betsumei No Ishi Betsumei No Ishi Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Bixir Bixir

"!!" Temjin prepared to energy blade in order to slice through the incoming combined boulder, the Drifter took out what appears to be a firearm and fired bolts of energy towards the combined bassalt. The energy bolts jolted and had hit the masks of the Bassalts, breaking apart all of them at once.

Save for one.

The remaining Bassalt was still on its trajectory towards the incapacitated slime. As if in response, Temjin curled its fist and threw it at the oversized projectile. The hit landing square on its mask, cracking it, exploding into gunk and chunks of hard, titanium rock.

Enemies Left: 0

>YOU WON!

Selfish Bassalts dropped Titanium Chunks
    >Collect them?

"The Witch"
1567898592_5.jpg

"You better!" Ragewolf growled as he walked towards the group, grabbing Naughtyfins by the ear and like a nagging mother, dragged her with it. "Come on, we need to have a talk about not getting you into these messes!"

"EEEK!" Naughtyfins shrieked in pain as Ragewolf dragged her away into the settlement by pinching her ear. "Ow ow owie ow! Your claws! Your claws!"

"Oh, pipe down! It's supposed to hurt!" Ragewolf spat, soon letting out a huff of pride."Sonarchy told me that thiis works 100 times better than my usual ramblings!...Not sure why though."

"B-b-but I'm not a little girl!!" Naughtyfins whined as the pair disappeared into Pseudo Patapolis. "I'm not a little girl!"

Awkward silence ensued for a whole minute afterwards.

". . .I feel like that's an innuendo." Minako spoke, scratching her ponytail.

"Hee hee hee, they remind me of the last time I had an outing with Mona." Plague Knight cackled, "She dragged me by the beak of my mask towards the beach! It almost ripped its string off."

"What, is she your girlfriend?" Minako excitedly asks, which made the masked alchemist a bit flustered. "Also, how long have you two gone out?"

"Hee! I-I refuse to disclose that information!"

"Alright, that's enough love talk." Blood Stark interjects, "You're making me vomit in my armor."

"Ah! So it IS an armor!"

"In anycase, I should at least lead you all to where we last saw of him." Kamipon says, his horseless chariot wheeling towards the front of the group. "Ah, yes, I forgot about that." He says after Red asked for his name. "I am known as Hero Kamipon, leader of the Patapon Tribe, infused with the power of the Almighty himself." He introduced, soon bowing in response, "Let's get along."

"Almighty? What, like a god or something?" Hirari asks, rubbing her chin.

"Yes, to everyone, I was known as the embodiement of their god, infused with his essence." Kamipon nodded, soon raising his head and facing at the right direction. "Let us proceed. Hopefully, we see him there this time." He says, soon leading them towards the north, turning east. They passed by a split path, though Kamipon ignored it in order to move straight ahead.

For now, nothing of note is happening. Perhaps now's the time to reflect on the current events.
OK, so, it seems there's a lot more to unpack than the dice expected... figuratively unpack at least. A search mission doesn't sound that bad, but right now, the Witch is focused on what has happened rather than what 'is' happening. More accurately, she is currently worrying about her home world and everyone back there - perhaps she shouldn't be, but she can't help but feel a great deal of worry - concern, fear. She zoned out for a while before shaking herself back to her senses, and then she continued with the group. Her expression she has with her makes her seem dejected - is there a greater reason she's not saying anything, or is it just that she has no reason to say anything when she has so little to say or do to begin with? After a while, the dice began muttering to herself to try and compose herself - quietly, and calmly. "OK... rescue mission, that's OK... I think... I just need to keep my figurative head attached to my figurative neck and push on... I can do this - for me and the people back home...!" She would say to herself, managing a weak and quiet laugh wrought with worry and fear. Hopefully, she can keep herself together. Right now, she struggles.
Character Information
Link to CS: Here!
Hex Code: #b594eb
Status (physically): Fine​
Status (mentally/emotionally): A mess​
Powers: Magic spells​
Items: Cell phone, Spellbook​
Current Dice (on hand): 2, 4, 2

SPELLS PREPARED
Spell Slot 1: CauldronSpell Slot 2: Infliction
Spell Slot 3: InflictionSpell Slot 4: Electric Shock

SPELLS AVAILABLE
(1): Cauldron
- Dissolves the dice into a lightly damaging and burning liquid. It also conjures and rolls a new dice.
>>If used in an upgraded spell slot, it can be re-used one more time
(2): Infliction - Turns the dice into a singular fireball to deal average damage upon impact with a target.
>>If used in an upgraded spell slot, it deals slightly more damage than originally
(3): Electric Shock - Requiring an even number, this attack launches a surge of lightning to deal damage and inflict paralysis onto an enemy.
>>If used in an upgraded spell slot, any dice can be used instead of an even number.
(4): Furnace - A countdown spell, needing 8 total points to activate. When activated, it a burst of flames is erupted, and this spell can be re-used.
>>If used if an upgraded spell slot, the damage dealt by the burst of flames is higher than normally
(5): (N/A) - This spell slot is empty - no dice is assigned to it, but if the Witch gets a spell, she can assign it to here to use it in the future!
>>Gaining an new spell in an already occupied slot discards the old one from the spellbook
(6): (N/A) - This spell slot is empty - no dice is assigned to it, but if the Witch gets a spell, she can assign it to here to use it in the future!
>>Gaining an new spell in an already occupied slot discards the old one from the spellbook
Skills/Abilities: Highly durable, high stamina​
Course of action: Rest?​
RP Information
Interactions: Thepotatogod Thepotatogod
Mentions: None​
Nearby/In Group: @FloorOneEastGate​

Shujinko, Retsujo, & Yuri

Purple Text=Shujinko Kanou
Orange Text=Retsujo Kanou
Black Text=Yuri Yaoi
Green Text=Millifillia

Bold Text=Event
Bold Blue Text
=Choice

>There seems to be a lot going on around the settlement, giving Shujinko lots of options on what to do for the mean time.

>Where will he go?
>Altar
>Barracks
>Blacksmith
>Kitchen
>Residences

>Shujinko walks over to the Blacksmith, Titanium Chunks in hand with the intention of converting these into something useful. He eventually arrives.

>
"Hello? Are you the local blacksmith? I have a request if you don't mind."

>As the group marches on, Retsujo cannot help but feel bored. She decided to have a little chat on the way.

>Who she will talk to?
>Minako
>Blood Stalk
>Plague Knight
>Hirari
>Kamipon
>Bigby
>Leper
>Beesmas
>Red
>Witch

>
"Hey, uh, Red, time went by so fast, right?"

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Peppermint Patty Peppermint Patty Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 BoltBeam BoltBeam

20200921_071457.jpg

Godzilla, having beaten the sentient rocks, looked ahead at the fork in the road.

"Damnit! Why isn't there a sign or something here?!"

Godzilla had to choose. After a brief moment of standing in place holding still, he went northwards.

Beesmas
Hp:
24/24
Stress: 31/100

The Leper
Hp: 63/63
Stress: 5/100

Bigby the Abomination
HP: 46/46
Stress: 11/100

After some more conversations, along with Bigby meeting up with the other two darkest dungeon duo, they finally grouped up once again, and have all decided to go with the exploration group in order to find the missing hero based on a Raven of patapolis.... while also seeing naughty fins being dragged away into the small town by Ragewolf.

Well, that was certainly different than what they had experienced, but pretty much anything up to now was an entering different and alien experience to them. For most of the journey, it was awfully peaceful, but some conversations had been going around, but the only thing that the Darkest Trio had done was silently prepare themselves for any kind of resistance on their journey, but if nothing happened during their journey, they would think of talking in order to pass the time.

(Sorry for the short post, gotta get up to date in the rp)

• fbyW53c.png
    "Essence of God, huh? Sounds pretty intense, that makes me feel pretty comfortable about having you around! You got any magic like some of the fellows here do, too?"

The dog continued trotting happily, somewhat carelessly, even, along them, hanging more towards the back of the pack to as to take out any potential backside assailants. He adjusted the bone in his maw as an idea came to him, and he unsheathed his sword, then began scraping the floor behind him as he walked like he'd been doing earlier before he got mixed up with these guys. Having a little line to lead them back to the settlement was bound to be useful later on, might as well do it, right? His eyes darted when his sensitive ears picked up the girl approaching by his side, and he gave her a side-eyed smile whilst they continued their hunt.

"Well, it hasn't REALLY been too awful long to begin with, has it? Maybe you've been up for a while, but if I were to guess, I'd say I've only been awake for about two hours by now. Pretty good progress for two hours in a maze like this, if I can pat myself on the back a bit! Tell you what, while we walk, you should tell me more about where you live, since I blabbed on to you about the Shepard Republic earlier!"

Black Text=Yuri Yaoi
Green Text=Millifillia

Bold Text=Event
Bold Blue Text
=Choice

>Retsujo has decided to tell more about where she lives.

>
"Well, me and my brother Shujinko are born in Tokyo, Japan. Our parents are well known actors. After graduating elementary school, we've moved and settled in New York, America for both a higher education and a bigger chance of getting into international fame."

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Peppermint Patty Peppermint Patty Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 BoltBeam BoltBeam

Konpaku Youmu

"Neh heh heh...Looks like the dog missed his master." Slogturtle chuckled as he got out of the Barracks, meeting up with Youmu to continue their task of carrying Titanium Sheets.

YoumuPout.png

"...Is that an invitation to spar after we're done? I won't go easy on you," Youmu said, obviously taking offense to the old turtle's teasing.

...And there went that inner "hot-blooded student" she thought she'd had locked up for years. Didn't take much to revert her to that little brat who had once tutored under her old master, did it?

As if trying to prove some unspoken point, Youmu lifted up three of the 1-ton titanium sheets. She noticeably struggled to keep a center of stability at first, but she found herself able to carry them regardless.

"Sh...shall we go now?"

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts

"The enemy of my friend..." muttered Sara to herself. "All right! Sir Ravenous, we shall join on with your forces and lend our aid, such as it is."

So long as the two permitted it, she carried the nice bird man and the nurse out to the rear of the column, where they could find a carriage to ride in if they wished. Sara preferred to stay in the open, where she could fly to the front, the flanks, or the rear to scout or screen as needed; and should Compa request it, she also provided quick transport to make her healing abilities available wherever they were needed.

• --{[Slow Moving Slogturtle}}--
    Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo

"Oh? I didn't think that aggravated you." Slogturtle admitted as they soon made their way towards Ton Kampon's hut and gathered the remaining Sheets bit by bit, even meeting up with Tsun and Tsukupon to finish the job. Soon enough, though, they finished the job.

Afterwards, Slogturtle picked up one of the sheets.

"I'll use this one. I'm feeling a tad lazy to grab my greatshield." Slogturtle says, carrying the Titanium Sheat with one hand, using it as an impromptu greatshield. "Now then, let's stretch these old bones. Don't keep me waiting, or I'll sleep." He breathed in a sigh, lowering his stance as if to gather energy.

He seems to invite you to attack.

--{[Ton Kampon]}--
    Topless Topless

While Shujinko entered the Blacksmith's hut, he would see what appears to be a man and a green clad white haired woman going over a pile of Titanium Sheets. The woman picking up three while the black clad man, who had a similar stature to the likes of Ragewolf, Naughtyfins, and Heropon, carrying about 5 at once.

Two smaller eyeballs, seeing those two, decided to tend to their task and help carry titanium sheets, one each. Moments passed, and a large Patapon emerged from the back room, one who appears to have three mouth holes and a white bandana and apron wrapped around his head.

{[Ton Kampon]}
    Master Smithy of The Eyes​

"Welcome." The Blacksmith arrives at the counter, stretching from his brief nap. He crossed his arms as he stood on Tsun and Tsukupon's spot, staring at the humanoid as he asked for a favor. "If the Almighty deemed you worthy to be in here, then it is my duty to hear your favor." He says, nodding, ready to listen to the young actor's request.

Black Text=Yuri Yaoi
Green Text=Millifillia

Bold Text=Event
Bold Blue Text
=Choice

>When the blacksmith is ready to listen, Shujinko lays the chunks on the counter.

>What will the blacksmith do?
>Create Blank Keys
>Enhance Shuuseigatana
>Create New Weapon

>
"I want you to make some keys just like this one, but make them distinct as your eye sees fit."

>To show an example, Shujinko shows the blacksmith his Ares Aspect Key.

>"Yep, it's a nice place with most of the people being friendly. Emphasis on MOST."

>Plague Knight would ask what her home country is.

>
"Japan is a country full of, well, I guess entertainment and cherry blossoms? Honestly, I was a little kid back then, never had enough time to study my own home. How ironic."

>The group's ends up at another split path, but Kamipon chooses to head east.

• "The Witch"
    1567898592_5.jpg

"...What even is Japan?" Plague Knight asks, utterly confused with the name of Retsujo's birthplace. "I am unaware of the existence of such locations...Nor had I dared to venture out of the Valley before."

"Strange how we can all understand each other, huh?" Blood Stalk brought up. "I mean, more than half of us are Japanese here--well, I am practically one since I've lived there for a few years." He said, taking note of this strange anomaly. "Maybe it's the Tower..." He chuckled, entertaining the thought.
    "I'm not terribly aware of these places either, but... as far as I'm concerned, I don't really know enough to explain any of it..." The Witch laughed it off in response to Plague Knight, though as Blood Stark mentioned they could all understand each other, the dice began to take up a thoughtful expression. "That is interesting, yes... Then again, there are plenty of places that share same 'languages' or 'ways of speaking', right? It's highly likely we just know the same ones and are using them right now, but... Now that you do mention it, it is curious..." The dice sighed after committing some thinking aloud - be it to herself or to the others, it matters not to her right now though - it is but a language, after all!
    Eventually, the gang would arrive at yet another split path, this time, one heading north and the other straight ahead. The gang continued heading East, as led by Kamipon.
    "...More split paths - this place is even more redundant than - I dunno - one of those spinner things? I don't know what they're called, but in other words, they're everywhere..." The Witch laughed at her own joke before just trying to stay with the group and keep her spirits high. For better or worse, right now, it's worth an attempt even if it doesn't work. Truth be told, if you look at her still - it's not working.
    Character Information
    Link to CS: Here!
    Hex Code: #b594eb
    Status (physically): Fine​
    Status (mentally/emotionally): A mess​
    Powers: Magic spells​
    Items: Cell phone, Spellbook​
    Current Dice (on hand): 2, 4, 2

SPELLS PREPARED
    Spell Slot 1: CauldronSpell Slot 2: Infliction
    Spell Slot 3: InflictionSpell Slot 4: Electric Shock

SPELLS AVAILABLE
    (1): Cauldron
    - Dissolves the dice into a lightly damaging and burning liquid. It also conjures and rolls a new dice.
    >>If used in an upgraded spell slot, it can be re-used one more time
    (2): Infliction - Turns the dice into a singular fireball to deal average damage upon impact with a target.
    >>If used in an upgraded spell slot, it deals slightly more damage than originally
    (3): Electric Shock - Requiring an even number, this attack launches a surge of lightning to deal damage and inflict paralysis onto an enemy.
    >>If used in an upgraded spell slot, any dice can be used instead of an even number.
    (4): Furnace - A countdown spell, needing 8 total points to activate. When activated, it a burst of flames is erupted, and this spell can be re-used.
    >>If used if an upgraded spell slot, the damage dealt by the burst of flames is higher than normally
    (5): (N/A) - This spell slot is empty - no dice is assigned to it, but if the Witch gets a spell, she can assign it to here to use it in the future!
    (6): (N/A) - This spell slot is empty - no dice is assigned to it, but if the Witch gets a spell, she can assign it to here to use it in the future!
    Skills/Abilities: Highly durable, high stamina​
    Course of action: Rest?​
    RP Information
    Interactions: Thepotatogod Thepotatogod
    Mentions: None​
    Nearby/In Group: @FloorOneEastGate​

• 20200921_071457.jpg
    Godzilla felt his feet get wet as he stepped into the puddle.
    Hm? Is there water nearby?
    Unfortuneately for him, that wasn't the case. Creatures resembling those odd, screaming things that run about during his walks across japan had risen from the puddle, two on each direction.

Fuck! Is this judgement for squishing so many of them?! Like seriously, Its not like they don't multiply like insects or something.

Godzilla's chest had a blue orb appear before vanishing, as multiple blue rays flew out of his body in an AOE attack.

Beesmas
Hp:24/24
Stress: 31/100

The Leper
Hp: 63/63
Stress: 5/100

Bigby the Abomination
HP: 46/46
Stress: 11/100

Continuing on their journey, the trio continued moving along with the party, making sure not to make the mistake of separating with their allies, because unlike the fights back at home, there was more than a maximum of five enemies, and being caught in a large group would prove deadly to the three. But so far, their expectations have been quite let down, instead of a small fight after a certain distance, or at least something to interact with, it has been nothing but void of everything other than the maze like hallways.... and themselves as well.... but it seems that the only thing that is going on as of now, was a conversation about where their place of births has been.... and while it may have seem like useless talk in the first place, it was the only way to pass the time without stopping to relax and prepare their souls for what’s to come.

The first to open their mouth was none other than the talkative Beesmas, who said “Well, still don’t know a lot about this tower.... but all this peace and quiet, well, for us three, is bloody annoying so far, so might as well pass the time by telling about my origins then. I fare from a far away land... one with surprisingly, little amount of people in it.... since I don’t think anyone from Europe colonized it.... but I come from the land of Australia, home of the deadly creatures that can kill ya with a bite, oh, and make sure to stay bloody clear of them Kangaroos mate.... my first meeting with one almost ended up with me running for my fookin life. Also, what the hell is a America?” Beesmas said for his last part, wondering what the hell is that place. But he did take out his shadow key again and began inspecting it while hovering next to the group, seeing if could potentially work as a weapon in case his dagger was stuck in a wall or something.

The Leper continued to walk without a sound from his mouth, seeming like he wouldn’t speak for now... until out of the blue, he silently said out loud “I come from a far away land, one filled with the sands of an desert, the land being called the Negev Desert..... it was where I lived for my entire life.... until a few years ago, when I first contracted my curse..... and afterwards..... began the end parts of my tale....” the man finished...... still holding his executioner blade close to his chest, like it was the only thing that mattered to him. His face, or what seems to be the mouth and chin of his due to the mask, seemed to be in a constant state of focus, like something bad would be awaiting around the corner, and he will be waiting for that moment.

Bigby was the last to go, who, wasn’t all too sure about speaking in the first place, but he knew, that telling those of one past, especially since it was only the place of birth.... wouldn’t tell those of his wrong doings...... so he managed to open his mouth, a saddened look plastered onto his face, and saying “I come from a city.... a large one in fact.... the city of Berlin, in Germany..... I lived there my entire life.... learning both languages of German and English.... but it was when my curse began truly manifesting, that I was treated as an outcast and forcibly removed from my true home.... left to wander the lands for redemption of my sins..... my curse.... but ended up at the Hamlet with the others, which I would say it was like a temporary home, one that ai could fit in.... one that doesn’t care all too much about inhabitants, but, the price was being forced to fight against the unholy war against the Eldritch beasts and their cults in the dungeons.... fighting all manners of creatures, men, and abominations.... but even now, it seems our task is not over yet...” he finished, his face going to that of a more neutral look, but his frown was still on his face, laying there for all to see.

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod BoltBeam BoltBeam Peppermint Patty Peppermint Patty Topless Topless

• Ben Tennyson

Ben walked up to the outdoor kitchen to peruse.

"Mmmhmm! I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse! Or a Meat Sub from Burger Shack," he says, observing what they had.

[Schimatizo // The Slime Girl]
Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Bixir Bixir Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

As the battle finally came to a close, Schimatizo's gem began to sink back into the puddle as it once more took the form of a slime mound. Wobbly, as spinning about as if dizzy. It seems that she had gone unconscious for a while...

[Spine & Pelvis // Gravely Siblings]

The grounds shook, but that didn't stop the two skeletons. Spine and Pelvis danced wildly on the battlefield, swinging their weapons at the remaining Bambinos. They soon had their backs together, their blades glowing a different color as they both stood in a poise stance.

"All together now."

"Go go go!!"

The two would then lunge, thrusting their blades onto the remaining Bambinos at the same time as Daryl and Garyl!

Victory. It was a fleeting thing, and though it did not feel as scarce or daunting now, the sentiment was still rather faint. The Drifter lingered, if only for a moment, on how mundane these encounters were already beginning to feel, after only the second. Rather than to his companions, the Drifter's attention moved to what these creatures had left behind. Before, the professor had taken after the battery. The remnants of these things made no sense to the Drifter, nor to the Sprite, though this treasure at least held pertinence to something familiar to the warrior.

With this in mind, the Driter quickly took the chunks into his hands, handing them to his Sprite, which digitized them into its form in an instant. He had never understood the companions of his profession, so convenient that their furtiveness did not trouble him. In time, whenever they had a chance to make camp (a concept that had eluded the Drifter until this moment, and would likely continue to dog him until they actually had a moment's rest), the Drifter would be able to procure these materials for further study, and perhaps even use.

The next challenge awaiting them, the Drifter took stock of his companions for a moment before forging further northward. It had been his original intention, their objective continuing to resonate in his soul. He did not move with the usual alacrity, giving the others ample time to keep pace with his otherwise brisk movement.

That, and the all too present danger of more monsters looming within this ever-encroaching labyrinth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back