• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Only Way To Go Is Up! -Quest Version-

Thepotatogod

and it was this big
Roleplay Type(s)
Fiction
The Amalgamation of Ideas stemmed from Man's unhinged curiousity.
Curiosity that prompted man to pick up one's pen and write.
Yet those stories they write leads to another universe created.

However, to compensate to the entirety of the Multiverse,
The Fictous Torre was born.
It's myth, never told.
It's legend never known.

Until now.

Hear me, mortal, for you are one who survived a grave tragedy upon the Multiverse!

[!] Tell me, who are you?
>A Highschool Girl with a slight interest in the occult.
>A homeless man who lost everything
>A young girl of age 12, famous for drawing on the internet.
>Someone who enjoys anime and games, that's who(Pick their gender)

Prologue ~ Your Ending
[Minimum Limit Reached]
Vote goes to Option 3.

>A young girl of age 12, famous for drawing on the internet.

----[!!]----

Yes...

You are Erina Chara Darwin, a young, talented artist who took hearts all over the world with her work. You began your path to ascension under the name 'CED' precisely two years ago, at the age of 10 with a drawing of a girl wielding a sword uploaded on Deviantart. Even without proper tutoring, you've managed to have proper anatomy while maintaining an air of cartoonish cuteness that elevated you to draw more for a year before attempting to create a story out of it--A comic, if you will. Soon enough, you already began to earn money by commissions, and a year later, you were contacted to attend a panel in a ComicCon. Over the course of two years, you've learnt how much your work impacted the world, and how popular you were growing. You worked hard to keep your fans attention, and for a while, that's all that mattered to you.

Until the day everything ended.

You remember the last moments of your 'life'. The sky was dyed in a rainbow hue, a peculiar hole drew ever so closer. You are sitting in the swing of a local playground with the neighbor's son who was about the same age as you. You were talking about the vivid future, and what sort of dreams both of you had at the moment. Your path is already set while he is still lost in childhood. The boy appears to be contemplating a future with you, despite what the grown ups believed that this moment was the end. The boy promised to be with you for all eternity. Just before you could respond in tears,

Light engulfed your very vision, and everything faded to black.

---->

However, by some form of miracle, this didn't spell the end for you. You find find yourself lying face first on a brown couch. You don't remember being here, nor coming here in the first place. As you sit and look around, you find yourself in a circular lobby, walls lined with green brick with what appears to be a spiral stairway, circling the walls up to the ceiling, which was lighting up the entire room. It had green stained windows, looking through the vast nothingness. In front of the couch was a glass table, and a few more chairs around it. There were some bookshelves lined up near the stairwell, as well as what appears to be an office desk and a book. One question was purposefully on your mind.

Where are you? How did you get here? What happened to him?

As those questions burrow onto your tiny little head, you hear a voice groaning...

[ ! ] What do you see?
[A] FANTASY
  1. An Knight in Silver Armor, giving off a menacing aura

2. Twin children clad in robes.

3. A girl who looks like a cat?

4. A monster
[2] MODERN FANTASY
  1. That boy you were with during the end.

2. A man in a trench coat

3. A Teen with a rather strange gun
[3] FUTURISTIC
  1. A strange, lifeless girl.

2. A man who is half machine

3. A gun and headphone...?

((To pick a choice, either type out your choice or type in [A1] ))

[!] Minimum Limit Reached:
Vote goes to A3 - Catgirl.

The groaning appears to come directly at your feet. It appears to be a young woman, much older than you lying face first on the ground, sleeping like a cat. Clad in a black top, fingerless gloves, and brown short shorts over what would be a fursuit of some kind with cat ears and a half awake, swirling tail. The 'fursuit' has long, messy dark red hair with orange cat ears similar her fur poked on the top of her head. Upon further inspection, it doesn't appear to be a fursuit at all. Rather, it's a human-cat hybrid of sorts. Similar to how Furries portray their respective animals.

"Nnng..." The Catgirl groaned as you unintentionally took hold of her tail as if to stop it from moving too much. You instinctively let go of the tail and let go of it. "Huh...Wha...?" The Catgirl appeared to speak as her head began to tilt to the side. Before long, she lifted her head off the ground and sat in all fours, similar to a cat's. "I'm not dead...?" The cat girl contemplated to herself as she patted her own cheeks, as if checking whether or not this even is reality.

[ ! ] It would appear that she's in a similar situation to you...What do you do?
> Ask for her identity.
> Ask if she's fine.
> Flirt?
> Get her attention.

[ ! ] Minimum Limit Reached. Vote results to a mixed option of the following:

>Ask if she's fine
>Flirt?

------

You decided to compliment the cat girl as you ask about her condition.

"Are you okay, miss?" You asked, staring at the cat.

"Wha-!" The cat girl nearly shrieked in surprise and looks up, finally noticing your presence. "I-I'm fine, thanks..." She said, turning around on a cat-like manner. You finally get a good look at her face.

The Cat girl appears to have the face of a cat drawn by exactly by a Furry. Except it wasn't a hyper realistic fur suit, but an actual living entity. Her cat face bears blue markings on her cheeks, her eyes are in a shade of autumn leaves. One of her eyes is covered by her 'hair' styled in a poofy fashion.

You gasp in awe as you've never seen anything like this before in your life. You think it's really, really pretty.

"Gosh, you think so? " She asked, scratching her left cheek with her human-like paw. "Most people think that I look a bit hideous than anything..."

You shook your head, stating how pretty she looks once more.

"S-stop it, will you..." The Cat girl visibly blushed a bit. Her cheeks flushing a bit of red over her fur. She then shakes her head and stands up. "Anyway, do you know where we are, kid?" She asked in a curious tone.

You shake your head, admitting that you don't know anything.

"So you're the same as me, huh." The cat girl sighed, looking around before facing you once more. "I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Katherine Ferryn. A lot of people call me Kat or Ante." She introduced, her hand on her hip.

You decided to call her 'Ante.'

You introduced yourself in return. You tell her about the last things you remember. The rainbow clad sky and an unfulfilled promise.

"I see..." Ante gulped as you finished your recollection. "That means that rainbow sky thing happened on your place, too..." She rubbed her chin, as if questioning something very important. "Hey, do you think--" Before Ante could ask anything, you hear a chime echoing throughout the room followed by footsteps.

Rippling like water, a woman descends from the ceiling through the stairwell. The woman appears to be clad in a blue Stewards' outfit of different hues, carrying a clipboard of sorts. The woman bore golden eyes and long, sapphire blue hair styled in a pony tail reaching all the way to her back.

"My, my..." The Stewardess noticed the you two in the middle of her descent, "I did not expect any visitors so soon..." She remarked as she continued her walk down the stairs.

"Who are you?" Ante stood up, asking the all important question.

"I am called Asina, The Fool's Stewardess." The Stewardess named Asina introduced as she finished her descent, letting out a bow of courtesy. "And you two are one of the many explorers who survived the tragedy in the Tower Of All Origins, also known as the Fictous Torre."

[ ! ] Question Time. . .
>Inquire about the Tower
>Ask about an exit
>Ask about the tragedy.

1- we need to figure out where we are- she could lie to us about how to get out, she has no reason to lie about general information. We don't even know if we should trust her or not. I say we go low-stakes and collect info for now.

Information ~ The Tower Of All Origins
[ ! ] Minimum Limit Reached. Vote goes to:
>Ask about the Tower

--
"The Tower of All Origins...?" You asked, clearly confused on what she meant by that.

"Yes, The Tower of All Origins is the source of all creation." The woman began, "The very tower where all creation of all 'Universes' and 'Multiverses' are created and roam until the birth of their 'Universe'. This vast tower is home to many incomplete worlds, interconnected by the very lobby you stand in today." The Stewardess disclosed the information.

"So what you're saying is...We're born from this place?" Ante asked, confused.

"Yes, and no." Asina answered, "You are one of the survivors of your home. Your home, is your birthplace. That birthplace is the child of a Concept. And this Concept is born from here, from the Mistress' own will."

"I...Still don't get it." Ante admitted with sigh. "Are you saying that there's a god that created god that created gods?" She clutched her head in with one hand, "This...Doesn't make a whole lot of sense..."

"In any case, the Mistress wishes to grant the wish of any one who reaches her." Asina said, walking over to the adjacent seat. "Whether it be to restore everything you knew or to create everything to your liking. Your wish is up to you." She said as she sat down,

[ ! ] "Any more Questions?"
>Who is the Mistress?
>Is there an exit?
>Who are the Other Explorers?
>None. (Ascend to Floor 1)

1- we want to at least get some sort of idea of what we’re going for, even if we can’t get the full picture by asking the question. And asking about an exit is pretty moot, since if we get to the mistress we can make our own exit.

Information: The Mistress, Goddess of All.
[Minimum Limit Reached]
Vote goes to Option 1.

---------

Curious on who you have to reach, you ask about the Stewardess' Mistress.

"Yeah, I've been wondering about that myself." Ante agreed with your decision, crossing her arms. "Who's your little Mistress anyway?" She asked in tandem.

"The Mistress is something that you would call a 'God', or our case, the Goddess of Everything." The Stewardess began, "No one truly knows her origin. Some say she was born from nothingness and created the Tower and everything in it. Some say she was like you all, a concept that gained knowledge and powers of a god. Either way, she rests on the top of the tower, watching her creations in hope that one day, one will gain the same sentience and attempt to search for her."

"Sounds like a lonely girl to me..." Ante muttered softly, but loud enough for you to hear it.

"Now then, if there is no more questions, I shall tell you how to ascend the Fictous Torre." Asina said to both of you, pointing at the glowing ceiling. "In order to ascend, you must search for stairwells and a glowing ceiling, similar to the one in my lobby. In the first floor above, there are four stairwells scattered in the four corners of a labyrinth that would send you to varying locations in the second floor. The labyrinth would be filled with monsters and treasures that would aid you in your journey." She explained, "Do you understand?"

"So basically, we'll be dungeon crawling for the entire thing." Ante summarized, her paw on her hip. "Yeah, I guess we got it." She nodded with a grin.

"Very well." Asina smiled, "Then my service here is done. You are free to explore and take whatever you desire in this lobby, or ascend to the next floor, confident in your abilities. It's your choice."

[ ! ] What do you do next?

>Look for anything to defend yourself with.
>Ascend to the 1st Floor.

[ ! ] Choice goes to option 1

-----

Thinking that there would be danger ahead, you decided to at least find something that would be useful in your journey. Food, perhaps, is one of those necessities considering that you're not really capable of wielding a weapon since you're like, 12. Not to downplay you or anything, in fact, I think you have potential!

You rose from your search and began to wander around the room in search of something to use. After a few moments of wandering, you stumbled upon the following;

-A small knife x1
-A small bag filled with b r e a d(x20) x1
-A bag of chips x1
-A giant tome of sorts x1
-A phone-like device x1
-Some blue liquid in a flask x5

[ ! ] Which ones do you keep? (Up to 3 items)

Can we read the tome? If so, can we skim it to find out what is it's contents?
-Small knife definitely
-small bag of bread (because food is a necessity)

Out of curiosity, you decided to skim through the giant tome. It appears to be a record of various creatures of all shapes and sizes from supposed habitats to behavioral patterns. It also included a drawing of what the creature is supposed to look like.

"That looks like one of the Monster Compendiums they'd have in the Royal Library..." Ante mentioned, seeing the contents of the tome. She seems to think it'll be useful to both you, so you decided to keep it.

Obtained:
-Monster Compendium
-Small Knife
-B r e a d(x20)

You looked to the long flight of stairs, thinking about what'll happen next. You're about to embark on a long journey through a tower that's bigger than anything you've seen before...It's obvious that you have to be ready one way or another.

You tug on Ante's shorts, telling her that it's time to go.

"Yeah..." Ante nodded as she puffed her cheeks, "Let's do this!" She said enthusiastically before ascending the large spiral staircase, passing through the ceiling as light clouds your vision once more.

-----Ascent to Floor 1---->
Your vision returns not a second later, and you find yourself standing on some sort of clear surface with clear walls surrounding you. Thick light lines make and outline of the ground and walls, allowing you to see through them. You see what would be a beautiful representation of the astral plane. Stars littered about along with several galaxies clad in different colors. There were also orbs of varying sizes floating about as well, passing through the clear, outlined wall. Looking around, you see that there are four staircases in every corner. You seem to see make out four paths around you.

"Woah..." Ante gasped in awe, "It's like we're in the realm of the gods!" She said in an excited tone, glancing about like a child, or in her case, a kitten.

You ask what she meant by what she meant.

"Well...It's where the Gods live." Ante explained simply, scratching the side of her snout, "They...Basically rule over my world. I'm one of their chosen warriors, you know?" She chuckled before spotting the four paths around her. "Four exits, huh...Which one should we go for?"

You shrug, saying that you'd rather find out for yourself.

"Right, right!" Ante chuckled, before rubbing her chin. "Let's see...Where should we start...?"

[ ! ] Which one do you take?
> North
> West
> East
> South

Users who are viewing this thread

Back