• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Ongoing Voyages of the U.S.S. Phoenix - Out of Character Chat

How would you like the U.S.S. Phoenix to Look?

• Mid-Class Exploratory Cruiser

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Pathfinder

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Concorde Class

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protector Cruiser

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Heavy Exploration Vessel

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hey guys, I've added an 'NPC' thread. It's for creating characters that exist more to add to the lore of the world or to serve as small characters who appear every so often to add something to the RP rather than for long-term characters. It should appear as 'Other' in the tabs for this RP.

I'm still here~ I'm in the process of making my character, I should be done within the next day or so

Okay, everyone, I am so sorry it took so long but, here we go!
I have created a starter post and the first post for Thea and it's now officially time to begin!

I would like to apologise in advance if anything is difficult to understand. I am currently 48 (ish) hours with no sleep and so my proofreading is worse than usual.

I have left the events during the near-destruction event purposely vague so that everyone can add their own character's experience should they wish to do so, without feeling like they're trapped in what I'd already written, so feel free to add to it however you like.

I would also like to point out that my normal posts won't be this long generally.

I hope it's not completely terrible lol.

I do have something I want to add to the database that should help with some world-building, but it's still incomplete and I'm not sure I have the brain power to finish it right now, I just really wanted to get the RP started so that the wait didn't drag on too much longer.

Anyway. I can't wait for this to get properly going, and apologies if the opening is a little pants, I will do my best to do better, hopefully getting some sleep will help!

I've posted a new entry to the database on the Phoenix herself, it's still a bit of a work in progress and so will get to finishing it off ASAP!
I went with images for the Cruiser from the Orvillrvile as that had the most votes

Sorry it took me so long, thanks for noticing and sorting that AKIMBOCROSS AKIMBOCROSS and Mineczka Mineczka

I have one other question, it’s not something that’s make or break, more so I know I’m on the right track, by Lieutenant Captain,

While a Lieutenant Captain,
Do you mean Lieutenant Commander?

LIEUTENANT COMMANDER
Those who have received the rank of Lieutenant Commander are often in charge of their respective departments and can take on the role of second, third or fourth officers, in the case that no commanders are available they are high on the list to be chosen to assume control of the bridge. Protocol dictates that Lieutenants refer to Lieutenant Commanders simply as 'Commander' and that Commanders address them simply as 'Lieutenant'.
Again, there’s no stress, it’s more just so I can confirm in my head.

But, she is accepted and I LOVE HER! Mineczka Mineczka

My goodness that's quite a text wall......

Yeah… apologies, on my part it’s pretty poorly written as well due to how little sleep I’d had for a lot of it. I can almost guarantee that 99% of my posts won’t be anywhere near as long. (And will hopefully be better written but, I can’t promise anything there lol).

Sorry it took me so long, thanks for noticing and sorting that AKIMBOCROSS AKIMBOCROSS and Mineczka Mineczka

I have one other question, it’s not something that’s make or break, more so I know I’m on the right track, by Lieutenant Captain,

Do you mean Lieutenant Commander?

Again, there’s no stress, it’s more just so I can confirm in my head.

But, she is accepted and I LOVE HER! Mineczka Mineczka
Look, I was in the army, not the navy. I may've mixed up my ranks there, in meshing two Army Ranks. XD

Thank you. It was enough to make me push through writer's block. It took me forever to find her 'voice' I must have restarted my post a dozen times. I am almost finished, though I do have a question Geozaki Geozaki . Do you imagine Frog's main station to be on the bridge or in a communication center?
She would have access to one in each area likely if she was required to be the communications officer on the bridge to hail other ships and so on then she would take the seat on the bridge, this seat would likely be hers primarily as she is the chief of external communications, but would be filled in by someone else should she be unavailable. She would also have a station in the communication centre for more extensive projects and for usual work when she isn't required on the bridge.

I hope that made sense and adequately answered your question.

She would have access to one in each area likely if she was required to be the communications officer on the bridge to hail other ships and so on then she would take the seat on the bridge, this seat would likely be hers primarily as she is the chief of external communications, but would be filled in by someone else should she be unavailable. She would also have a station in the communication centre for more extensive projects and for usual work when she isn't required on the bridge.

I hope that made sense and adequately answered your question.
It did mostly. I just wasn't sure where to send Frog to start off. Squad141 Squad141 would you prefer if we met up in the communication centre or if Frog just went to the bridge? I

It did mostly. I just wasn't sure where to send Frog to start off. Squad141 Squad141 would you prefer if we met up in the communication centre or if Frog just went to the bridge? I
We could do a small meet-up. If the communications centre is prepared for two officers, it could be a sort of moving-in scenario where they meet as they place/set-up some of their stuff. I'm also having some trouble with this first post, too. Thoughts?

My immediate thought is just, thankfully I'm not the only one. I think I have up to...getting on the ship. And Frog doesn't have a flashback to do. >.<

How about meeting in the communication centre? Would we know each other already? Frog wasn't on the Phoenix before (maybe the last one stayed on the bridge, trying to get a message out about what was happening, assuming everyone would die?) But I can see her as the kind of person who'd try to meet up with her co-commander before they launch.

Squad141 Squad141

Last edited:
My immediate thought is just, thankfully I'm not the only one. I think I have up to...getting on the ship. And Frog doesn't have a flashback to do. >.<

How about meeting in the communication centre? Would we know each other already? Frog wasn't on the Phoenix before (maybe the last one stayed on the bridge, trying to get a message out about what was happening, assuming everyone would die?) But I can see her as the kind of person who'd try to meet up with her co-commander before they launch.

Squad141 Squad141
Maybe we heard that there was going to be a partner officer (external for internal and all that), so we were expecting someone else. And don't worry about background with the Phoenix, Virginia is also new and wasn't there during the accident.

Maybe we heard that there was going to be a partner officer (external for internal and all that), so we were expecting someone else. And don't worry about background with the Phoenix, Virginia is also new and wasn't there during the accident.
So our characters have just sent a basic message to each other to meet up before mine goes to the bridge? I feel like we should decide who posts first at that point. Do you have a preference? I don't really.

So our characters have just sent a basic message to each other to meet up before mine goes to the bridge? I feel like we should decide who posts first at that point. Do you have a preference? I don't really.
If you already have most ready, would you mind going first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back