Story The Once and Future King (A Targeted Individual's Monologue) (no, I don't actually believe in this)

crumbelivable

formerly pokemariofan64
Here's a little thing i wrote about a year and a half ago. It's a character piece exploring a delirious individual who believes he is being gangstalked. He believes he's a reasonable man in a nation of narcissits. But in actuality, things may be the other way around.

Gets a little graphic, so don't read if you aren't into that I guess.

The Once and Future King
I heard the helicopters soaring over my house again. Sixth time in four days. They’re upping the pressure on me, I know it. All this time, all the people tracking me, influencing me, stringing me along, and I was blind to it all. Until that one day in uptown, of course. I was minding my own business, walking down to the store, when a guy passes by, talking on his phone. Looks at me and mutters the words “Absolute menace”. I’d been suspect for a while, seeing the patterns in pedestrians, people walking and getting into their cars in sync, but here, for the first time, I truly realised what was up. I wheeled around, asking him what the hell he’d said about me. He played dumb, claimed he hadn’t said anything. Obviously, I saw right through it. I told him to cut the shit and admit what he’d said. Continued denial. I decided enough was enough. I’d read enough about the signs to know when I was being personally targeted, so I shot his commander’s orders right back at him. He seemed oddly nonchalant with the whole thing, but I must have scared him, because he slowly began to back away. I broke out into a sprint, and tackled him to the ground. “LEAVE ME! THE FUCK! ALONE!” I screamed out over and over as I struck him, his face browning and bruising, bleeding and reddening.

In retrospect it was all a setup. I was waking up to their deception, but their strings were still firmly attached to me. I narrowly avoided jail, on a count of insanity, or so they said. More than likely they were toying with me. Trying to see how much I could uncover before they stepped in and cut my little squirm towards freedom short. Met with my doctor shortly after. Knew as soon as he came in and started talking about psychological shit he was part of the ruse too. Handed me a prescription for something he said would “help with the episodes”. Didn’t even bother entertaining the thought of following suit. I torched the paper in an empty lot on the way home. Clearly they didn’t like that. Ever since that day, it seems like I can’t go a block outside my house without a red sedan or a black SUV or whatever following me. It’s happening with the same few people too. The red haired guy at Safeway who always seems to scan my groceries, no matter which aisle I go to, The girl with the southern accent who always rides the elevator up to work with me, even the 3 or so homeless folks i seem to find scattered around street corners everywhere in the city are in on it. It’s a nightmarish experience, but what are nightmares but psychological reactions to stress? In this case, of course, I refer to stress applied by me.

You see, I have come to the conclusion that I am something much more than the rabble that makes up so much of this city, that flock past me and around me, thirsty for but a mere glimpse of a being far superior to them. I do not think on the same wavelength as those lesser gods who hold the power that is my birthright. I am not weighed down by petty concepts such as morality or ethics like they are. I am a prisoner who is slowly becoming aware of his cell, testing the bars and walls for weaknesses, amassing tools in my cage for my great escape. And as soon as I am free, with the common man at my side and the world exposed to the truth, I shall order my armies forth, the wrath of the common man washing over my former captors like a plague, until not even bones are left to remind those to come of their existence. And when the last of the lower deities is finally vanquished, I, the victorious lion, shall turn back to my army of sheep, all chanting and praising my name, and I shall raise my arms in triumph and shout to the heavens. I shall look across the land, liberated by my toil and the blood and sweat of my flock, and it will be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back