• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Old Ways

drummerboi

Four Thousand Club
hmhmhm...oh dear what was it the hunt, the blood or the terrible dream" Gehrman said looking at his student, sitting in his iconic wheelchair? He continued to look at his student wondering what this madness he was going on about.The hunter looked at his tutor smiling lightly."I thought maybe I should hold up the mantle for a change...I heard you talking in your sleep Gehrman you're troubled" He said looking at his former teacher hoping he would understand what he is trying to do for his teacher.

"You are too kind, you've been through such you are not used to the dream like I am. You deserve this mercy not me. After, all it all come's to the hunter's helper to clean up these sort's of messes" Gehrman said getting up from his wheelchair. The hunter was surprised no shocked at this moment, his own teacher wheelchair bound for as long as he remembered spent here in this dream is standing up.

"you're full of surprises aren't you sir. You even caught me off guard well. I guess I can't convince you" the hunter said as he got his own weapon out as Gehrman got out his signature scythe. "Hmm well I guess Tonight Gehrman joins the hunt," Gehrman said as he begun to walk towards the hunter. It was a long and bloody battle, the hunter was on his last legs bleeding so much his eyes can see because of all the blood. Gehrman was almost as fit as a fiddle, he was too fast for the hunter as he was more experienced in the dream and as a hunter altogether. IT went into one final slash, the hunter held his blades of mercy given to him by Eileen the crow and ran towards his teacher.

His mind began to think of the people he failed to save, his biggest failure in his life. Gascoigne, Lady Maria, Gascoigne's children and wife, Gilbert, Iosefka, Ariana, the old woman, The chapel Dweller, Ludwig, Alfrid, Djura, Valtr and even though he didn't like the hunter the sceptical guy. All those people died because of him. So this would be his punishment to stay in the dream to atone his sins. But could he really do it. Kill the only person who showed him mercy and taught him everything he has learned.

The clash finally happened the hunter was severely wounded but was able to get up slowly of course. blood being coughed up. He looked and saw German standing there looking at the moon and turned towards his student. He had two slashes that looked like an X on his chest.Of course, this was fatal to him since he was of old age. "Hmm you were a good student Magnus...." He said as Magnus ran towards him to catch his fallen body. "The night and the dream were, long," He said turning into white smoke before Magnus could catch his teacher dropping the Burial Blade that his teacher held so dear to him. Magnus held the blade and rubbed his hand on the blade He also took Gehrman's old badge as a keepsake.

Before he could walk back to the doll and tell of the news. Magnus knew something was off. He turned around and saw something he would never see, a great one. A god that ascended and become a thing beyond the hunt. A presence of the moon begun to descend, Magnus was too transfixed on the sight it was hideous but godlike at some time. The moon presence began to crawl towards Magnus. It was defiantly bigger than him as it's tentacles pulled him in close, it's black claw-like hands pulling him up towards his face. It embraced him. For the first time in a long time, it embraced him. Now he can finally atone for his sins. The moon presence ascended back into the moon was once red now back to white.

He was put into Gehrman's chair as the doll pushed back into Gehrman's old workshop or should he call it his workshop. With his weapons in storage, the doll said in a soft tone "And so the hunt begins again." Magnus trained by Gehrman the first hunter of the first generation has been awakened and now he has the title of Magnus the first hunter of the Second Generation. Throughout the years Magnus has trained other hunters. As time and time again he saw that not everything was what it seemed, and so they challenged him to send him back to the waking world. Some for the greed of power, some for pity and some for wanting to atone their sins. But unlike Gehrman he was in his prime and could easily send them back to the waking world. But some hunters he trained accepted the mercy he has given them the same Gehrman asked him before. To let them be sent back to the waking world. Even so his faithful companion the Doll was still and non-moving, so he grew lonely. he even found a girl he took a fancy to. But like so many hunters before her, she asked for the mercy he gave other hunter's to leave the dream and find their worth in the waking world. One of his students challenged him to a battle, and for once he lost his opponent got him when he tried to slash and he threw a knife deep in his heart. But does he know what he is in store for? Does he know what will happen to him the pain he has to go through, no matter he looked at him and smiled? Even though his student was in tears she was always a sloppy one. "Teacher don't go please just let me take your place you don't have to die!" she screamed. Magnus laughed "hmm don't worry I'll be in a better place now child...the Night and the dream...were long indeed Gehrman" He said vanishing into white smoke. In his mind, he wished his student bliss and hoped she would lead the third generation well.

Magnus woke up still in his hunter's gear. He looked around he was in a wood of some kind with orange leaves. He looked down towards his weapon with confusion. Hunters don't bring their weapons with them when they wake up so why is his weapon there with him. Along with the pistol next to him. He got up taking his former teachers I'm famous Burial blade. Almost cutting himself on the blade, he has to be careful now he is not in the dream so if he dies here he dies for real.

Ozpin got a call saying someone appeared in the Wood of forever falling. He decided to send in tOne girl to stake out what is happening. what will they find, of course, a hunter of old that they only heard of in fairy tails? Magnus the first hunter.

It had been a day of absolutely nothing happening at all, there was no one around to talk to and no assignments. Ruby was starting to get antsy, she checked herself in the mirror a couple of times. Fixing her black skirt that did not need to be fixed and checking the belt buckles around her arms. Nothing was out of place though, which there was a part of her that wishes there was. She finally gave up hope that anything would happen today. Ruby threw herself onto her bed, arms sprawled out.
" URRGGGGG why is nothing happening?!?! I am sooooooooo bboorrreeedddddddddd"

She sat up quickly sighing heavily. Ruby went and picked up her scythe, she opened it up and sat back down. She began to polish it, even though she had already polished it today there was really nothing else to do. Finally her communicator went off.
" YES?! HELLO?!" She said a little too excitedly.
" Yes forest got it!!!!"

With that she was gone to check out what was going on in a puff of smoke.
Ruby made her way through the forest quickly, happy to have something to put her mind too. Suddenly she finally found someone.

" Um. H..hello? Are you alright?" She asked titling her head a little bit.
The man looked a little strange to say the least.
" Are you lost? I am Ruby. Who are you?"

OOC: Sorry the post is short. I was not really sure where to go with it heehee

Magnus was currently rebuilding Hunter's dream from memory. He got some white lilies and plotted them down on the ground as well as some seeds. He then builds a small shack on top of a hill, he then looked back and thought to himself "couldn't do it better right Gherman" He smiled a little as he head inside. He started reading some books he found in the shack some of them were his some of them were Gherman's reading material. He heard what seemed to be a growing outside his shack. "Hmm i guess there are some beasts still around" He walked outside and saw what seemed to be a wolf-like creature.

"hm these beast's are weird" He looked at the Wolf creature "hmm well well beast's all over the shop...We'll turn into them sooner or later" HE walked over to the beast with his scythe Not realising the girl was watching him. He ignored her reply as she saw his scythe. It was totally different to the weapon she has. It was old fashioned metal with wood and cog's as he attached the cimitar blade and the stick begun to unfold. He then ran directly towards the creature and instead of the creature disintergrating into smoke. He get's coverd in blood of the creature Black blood to be spacific.

"Oh what's that smell....The sweet blood... How it sings to me...It's enough to make a man sick" As he done this he began to swing his scythe upwards Holstering teh wolf into the air as he suddnly start's laughing "hahahahahahahahaha" He continued to laugh as he then grabbed the scyth and pulled it out before slicing the wolf's head off. He then turned towards teh girl staring at him, "what brings you to the hunt child go back inside, your not needed here"

" Okkkkaayyyyyyyy" Ruby seemed to be a little creeped out by this man. He seemed to enjoy killing the grimm, more then anyone she had ever met before. Did he also already have a home out here? Who was this man. She had to admit though he had a really cool looking weapon.

" First!" She held up one finger as she began to walk towards the man." I am NOT a child! Besides we look the same age! Second!" She held up two fingers. " I am on a mission to find YOU! The creepy man in the forest killing grimm like its play time for a dog! Third!" She held up three fingers now stopping now before she got too close to him. "What the hell is the hunt?!"

As she was closer now the man could see her silver eyes. " So what are you doing out here? Why are you living in the forest?"
Other then the shack there did not seem to be anything else around. This place was also known for having a lot of grimm, why would anyone make a home here? Ruby had also been here before and had never seen him here. All of this was just way to weird.

"hmhm child im far older than you think i am. I'm about..hmm over 800 years old now" He pondered as if he even forgot how old he was, can't blame him really it's been ages since he had an actual birthday. He looked at the girl in the red and black clothes different to what he wore. As he walked closer he became more distinguishable he then said with what seems to be a voice that sounded like gravel being dragged by a piece of metal "well child i will answer your questions number one. I am here because I was taken out of the hunter's dream and decided to spend my retiring years in solitude. Two it's my job to take these things out and three Why would someone be looking for me, i'm but a hunter doing my job. I'v done my job technically why can't you just let me be at peace"

He looked at the girl as if she was a young child. Before he sat in what seemed to be a rocking chair as he got what seemed to be a pipe and started smoking it. He wondered why this girl was wearing clothes that didn't match his. He began to rock back and forth on the chair as he leant in close to her. "What are these strange garments you're wearing especially that" He points to her skirt. Wondering why she was wearing those type of garments. Was she a lady fo the night maybe.

When he asked her about her clothes she looked down at herself and turned around trying to see all of her.
" What is wrong with my clothes?! There is nothing wrong with my clothes! You're the one who is dressed....dressed....like....a weirdo! Ya that is right a weirdo!" She crossed her arms and stamp her foot on the ground, turning her back to the man. Beginning to mutter under her breath.
" My clothes are just fine....I checked them today. I look good in these..."

Ruby then wipes around again. " What is your problem? Out here in the woods like this?? And near the academy! What is your deal?"
She just could not figure this guy out, his clothes looked as if he were old but he looked so young. Was what he said before actually true? Was he really 800 years old. If he was though where had he been all the this time? He was not always here. Ruby put her hands to her hand and messed her hair up as she screamed.
" None of this makes any sense!"

"hmhm some thing's in this world are not supposed to make sense. So by the looks of your weapon you're a hunter...Why do you carry a weapon made of metal it must be to heavy for you and a bit slow. Mind if we have a battle Liberate you from your wild Curiosity" He said with a smirk as he got what seemed to be a blade and separated it into the two blades a katana and a dagger. "hm hm i't been a long time since i got to stand ad fight you know. Maybe after are a little battle I can give you some answers" He walked up towards her with the two weapons and almost as fast as lightning was right next to her and tried to slash her shoulder blade.

"Hmhm be careful sweet pea when i fight I intend to win and i don't leave no openings" He smirked as he then tried to go for another slash not knowing if she blocked the two slashes before as he almost back stepped out of the way waiting for her to do an attack on him. Laidy Maria's drive to win and fight until the end filled him. He wasn't going to give up easily. He hoped that she was going to fight him to. it's been so long since he got to fight apart from his students.

Ruby quickly pulled out her scythe blocking the first two attacks.
" Whoa! I am not here to fight you!"
Then his next attack came and she jump backward.
" Fine! If fighting is the only language you speak, lets talk."

Ruby swung her scythe with ease, she was quick and smooth. She placed it behind her, pulling the trigger the force sending her flying at him with immense speed. When she got closer to him she swung her scythe around aiming for him. Ruby was serious but it was clear she was not aiming to try and kill him, just to show him she was not a weak defenseless little girl.
When he weapon would meet his, she push herself back. When he feet met the ground she came to a sliding stop. Ruby did not hesitate for a moment. She wiped her sword around and began to shoot her bullets at him.

"hmhm now this is more like it" He was smiling with glee as he then detached the blade from the scyth and begun to easily sidestep from the bullets and started to head towards her "my turn pet," HE said as he got what seemed to be a pistol and fired it. The bullet travelled towards her and aimed near her shoulder. After he saw the bullet fly he begun tog et close and personal "your not half bad this is the most fight i had from someone in weeks. Now give me all you got and i'll give you what I got shall i start first or should I" He said with a smirk on his face as he then decided he was going to start. He then began to do multiple fast slices with the blade and with the final swing he attached it to the stick and as it unraveled he grabbed it and swung it stopping just before the edge of her neck.

Before that stop however, he was putting her under pressure. Using aggressive attacks with no defence stratagy what so ever. Magnus was too far focused on attacking The girl in front of him rather then doing anything defensive.

Ruby pulled up her scythe to stop the bullet and peaked around her weapon to see the man charging at her. He was speaking to her, she heard everything he was saying but was trying to focus on breathing and make sure to keep up with his attacks. Ruby was on the defensive, blocking every one of his attacks as fast as she could. This was fast, he was no amateur that was for sure. Though if he was 800 he probably had a long time to practice.

Ruby waited for her chance, she kept trying to speed herself up, hoping to become faster then him so she could get her chance. Finally she saw it, her weapon swinging around quickly to try and catch his foot. She was hoping to just not him down though.
Ruby quickly jump back as far as she could.
" You are crazy!! You realize that right?"

"hmhm you might be right but hay at least I had a fun fight in the process" He walked towards her putting his scyth away. He then looked at her in a manner of respect "So strange girl. What exactly are you here for exactly?" He smirked a little as he then sat back in his rocking chair just outside the shack not even cleaning the blood that's on him from the grim. he wonderd if this girl was from another part of the church? Was he even still in yarhnam who even knows at this point.

He looked at the girl again this time with a question on his mind "Where am i exactly girl? It's been a long time since i stayed at the hunters dream i forgotten what real air tastes like for my lung's" He took a rbeath as he felt the wind blow acros shis skin. This was a feeling his missed for a very long time. feeling the wind on his skin and hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back