Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings Everyone!

With the new site up, and with summer coming to an end, we figured what better way to celebrate than to host a contest? Every year RpN hosts a character challenge, and this year we’ve decided to switch things up. Rather than using previously made characters and pitting them all against each other, this year we’re doing something new! Competitors will listen to our selection of songs, and then use those songs as inspiration to create an interesting and unique character, which will then be judged. It’s easy as cake! All users can participate, and prizes will be given out to the top three entries!

You can find the contest here or on the homepage under the private workshop.

View full announcement

Till September 25th :)!

Will the points on originality be affected by someone else doing something a judge interprets as similar? As in, if I coincidentally, over maybe a large of number of characters popping up and me being unable to look through all of them, end up doing something similar to someone or having an important aspect of my character that is similar or even equal to another's, am I considered "unoriginal" to a degree?

Will the points on originality be affected by someone else doing something a judge interprets as similar? As in, if I coincidentally, over maybe a large of number of characters popping up and me being unable to look through all of them, end up doing something similar to someone or having an important aspect of my character that is similar or even equal to another's, am I considered "unoriginal" to a degree?

Same old idea always doin his homework, I hope you win my friend

It depends on the degree. If a few aspects intertwine it's going to be that big of a deal. By originality we mean a few different things, mainly it's that people are making characters that aren't stereotypes (Example: The sad, shy girl with a really big heart. Pretty sure I've seen hundreds of those). So if we see two CS's with similar details that probably won't have that much of an effect.

You don't have to read through the other characters if you don't want to. We know that most of it will be coincidental.

It depends on the degree. If a few aspects intertwine it's going to be that big of a deal. By originality we mean a few different things, mainly it's that people are making characters that aren't stereotypes (Example: The sad, shy girl with a really big heart. Pretty sure I've seen hundreds of those). So if we see two CS's with similar details that probably won't have that much of an effect.

You don't have to read through the other characters if you don't want to. We know that most of it will be coincidental.

I usually strive for originality anyway, and I read over the character sheets (basic courtesy), but I like to stay informed. 

Heavy doubts of that coming true, but my sincerest gratitude to you. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about our RP just haven't found a chance to write through a concise post.

Don't worry, that rp died before it started amigo

Now I have another struggle, I don't particularly like any of the songs~ "^w^ And if I'm taking one for inspiration that's not a good idea. 0-0 So, I guess I'll have to give this a pass~ QwQ :3 :D X3 xD  (I'll try again next year!~ :3 :D X3 xD )

The rock section should be named soft rock instead of just rock. Interstate Love Song is the hardest thing in there... I think it could be done better next time around. Maybe a vote from members. Some of the choices for certain songs in genres were debatable. 

Limiting the inspiration of characters to songs that the mods like was a bad idea to say the least. 

Im just supremely confused right now. I really wanna know why the mods put time and energy into this silly and musically biased contest instead of fixing the editor for mobile RPers. We still can't align anything and the last two staff messages have been about blogs and this. Blogs. And this. This. 

I feel like I'm living in a parody of reality right now. 

Oh my... My mind flutters with joy at the sound of a contest, it makes my heart race! While I can surely write a decent character when given a blank canvas and time, I'm more worried about a portrait of the Character. Would the art have to be custom? Or could it be plucked from the internet? I've yet to fully read the rules, and I might have my answer when I read them but I figured that I'd ask here.

Honestly so many questions arise! Does the character have to be musical by nature, does it have to be like a band member, custom art only, and most important WHY YOU NO PUT MORE GENRES!!!??? Great characters can be Jazzy, hip hop, country, or even edm! Pop can be diverse but it doesn't have the same character as Classical, Renaissance, or Jazz. It feels like I am being limited but no matter, RP N... Challenge accepted!!!

Done.

Tablets and Mobile should have most if not all editor buttons.

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout

giphy.gif

I'll probably participate... In that case, i'll begin friday, i have some characters, not the best around here, you guys must have some really awesome, but i'd really like to share them. °( ◕ ω ◕ )°

I'll probably participate... In that case, i'll begin friday, i have some characters, not the best around here, you guys must have some really awesome, but i'd really like to share them. °( ◕ ω ◕ )°

Actually... You're not allowed to use pre-existing characters. You have to make new ones for the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread