• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Oddities ( Idea, Detailed)

PunkPrince

Elder Member
My main two characters are Ivy and Lacey Summers, a pair of conjoined twins who are sword swallowers in a traveling circus, which they were brought into by Caitlyn Cirelli--a fire eater--after she found them wandering the street on a rainy night when the twins were almost five years old. She raised them alongside her own child, Ryan, and when they were older, taught them to perform in the circus show. Your character is a girl between the ages of 11 and 13.  She has some sort of oddity, exactly what is up to you. She was taken from the foster system as a baby and was the subject of various tests and experiments, only being referred to by a number. She was treated more like an animal than a person, and upon reaching her current age, was to be disposed of by her captors--no longer of any use to the program. She spent most of her life being abused and isolated, and therefore has little knowledge of the world around her or anything other than the facility. She was badly beaten and abandoned at a gas station. The twins find her wandering alone, injured and afraid. Concerned for the child's well being, they bring her back to the circus and allow her to stay in their trailer. Due to her past, she isn't very trusting at first, and is extremely poorly adjusted to the world outside the testing facility. I want Ivy and Lacey to become her older sister figures. That's all I have so far. Any takers?

My requirements:

-Please don't join the RP, and then drop it right in the middle. If you have to, PLEASE tell me about it so we can work around you.

-Please be advanced or at least adept. At least four paragraphs per post with good spelling and grammar. This is a big thing for me because I tend to write long posts and I don't want just a paragraph back. I understand writers block and it's okay to have a short post every so often. I don't mind a few screw ups, but if you 'typ LIek diss' and don't use decent capitalization and punctuation I'll most likely drop the thread.

-Be active PLEASE. I would prefer someone who can post at least once a day, but I understand real life getting in the way sometimes.

My Characters (links lead to character sheets):

Ivy Summers: A sword swallower who was found and taken in by Ryan's mother at a young age. She has little to no memory of life before that. She is conjoined to Lacey.

Lacey Summers: Like Ivy, she has no memory of life before the age of five. Lacey is the more upbeat and friendly twin. She and her sister share the sword swallowing act. She is conjoined to Ivy.

Hello there again. I apologize for not getting back to you on the previous interest check. 

For this one, I was thinking something on the lines of an extreme and unnaturally flexible contortionist? 

It seems awfully simple, and if that does not satisfy your needs for the plot, we could perhaps come up with something together?

I also like the idea of extra limbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The contortionist idea could be cool. I actually have a contortionist character who'll probably show up at some point. Extra limbs works too. Can you PM me a character sheet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back