• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Alex heard Angels comment and opened her mouth to reply when she suddenly felt her legs begin to go, As she began sliding down the wall Alex dropped the glass of Water and heard it smash beside her. She braced herself to land on it when suddenly she was pulled into someone's chest whom she guessed was Angel, her theory was proven right when Angel spoke, Alex let out a small humourless laugh "I was" she said quietly so only Angel would hear her.
Alex looked up at Angel weakly, it was only now that she realised how long of a walk it was from the Emerald to the Foxes den, she was lucky she hadn't bled out by now. Alex leaned back into the couch and laughed at Angels last statement, she could tell by his face how worried he was and she wanted to try lighten the mood a little "how do you plan to do that?" She asked in a bit of a playful tone but her voice was coming out more weak than she intended. "Can I have a cigarette" She asked, she was beginning to fade and panic and smoking usually calmed her down so it seemed like a logical choice.

Enzyme Enzyme

Sinead Sullivan

sinead-png.321729

Sinead listened to Angel and let out an exhausted sigh as he told her Vinnie wasn't there. She knew it was probably a good thing as she wasn't so sure how dangerous things would have become had he been home. Angel seemed like he wanted to listen to her and perhaps even talk to her on the same level. Whilst her father had promised she'd be safe, he soon proved to her that business always came first. Conor cared and would always try to make her smile, but he had enough going on and shied away from discussing business with her. "Fine... I'll meet you tomorrow," she agreed, slowly nodding her head. There were some alarm bells ringing in her head, but she wasn't entirely sure why. If he wanted to harm her he'd already had multiple opportunities to do so in one day, so meeting somewhere public int he daytime could hardly be as dangerous. He seemed to care, especially considering he wasn't supposed to. "Goodnight," she said and watched as he walked away. Eventually, she started the engine and drove away.

As Sinead drove towards the club, she could see some ambulances and police cars outside the building. Pulling into the first space she could find, she wasn't oblivious to the irritated-looking figure on Angel standing by the kerb. She grabbed her shoes and put them back on her feet before calmly climbing out of the car. She forced herself to look up and make eye-contact with James.

"Keys," James spoke flatly, holding his hand out until she place the car keys in his hand. He then took a deep breath before looking her over to see she was back in one piece. Good thing, as it made it easier for him to be annoyed. "What the fuck, Sinead? You don't just steal someone's car, especially not mine! If the wrong people had seen my car driving around you could have been in serious trouble." He was also pretty protective over his car and would not be amused if she'd damaged it, but he wouldn't mention that. "I always thought you were the most sensible one in your whole family. Christ, Sinead..."

"It's okay, James," Shannon interrupted. She then looked to Sinead and shook her head. "Get in the damn car and let James drive you home. I'm going with your sister to the hospital. We don't have time for your childish theatrics," she snapped. "Take her home, James," Shannon said, before returning to Lucy who was being helped into an ambulance.

Enzyme Enzyme
Nearby: Bellz Bellz Foxy Foxy

Leo Davide

Leo was relieved when Angel entered the house and began taking control of the situation. All of his ideas were normal, logical ones, but there was nothing normal about the Romanos, not even the process of getting medical attention.

The guard soon returned with the doctor. As the doctor approached Alex, he snatched the cigarette from her hand and passed it to Angel. "What on Earth are you lot doing tonight?!" the doctor asked, as he began tending to Alex's wound. "You people need to stop getting shot at!" Looking at the lack of colour in the girl's face and the amount of blood, he shook his head. "How long ago did this happen?" he questioned her, or anyone who could answer.

Leo stood a short distance away to leave them to tend to Alex. He caught Alena's attention and smiled to her. "Are you okay?" he asked her. "Do you have any more hidden talents?"

Enzyme Enzyme neverbackdown neverbackdown sprouhtt sprouhtt

Carrick nodded at him before frowning. "I know that they could target anyone of us but you seem to forget that 'Dad' didn't do anything when we had the chance to retaliate against when they where low on members, and look what hLpendd because of that." He said referring to him being in a jail cell while luca was at the hospital, the pub being attacked and now the Whistlerwas attacked because Vinnie wanted to show that he could do anything he wanted. "We needed to do something from the very beginning, but Dad decided to play it safe." Sure he wasn't one of the most violent person from the family, but he was good when it came to torturing others.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

e1ec5a55a6010f60220254034c1f9b1e.jpg
Interaction: Misty Gray Misty Gray neverbackdown neverbackdown
Mentioned: Enzyme Enzyme
Actions: Tending to Alex's wound

When the car had come to a stop, Alena hurried out of the car and helped her inside with Leo. Alena when she got in, she walked right past Angel, not saying a word to him nor bothering to reply back to what he had said out loud. Alena decided to leave her heels on since she didn't have time to take them off. Everyone was irritating her, and when the doctor got here he didn't do much but keep on talking which made her even more irritating. Alena called for two of the guards and she told them to go and pick Alex up from the floor and to follow Alena. Alena was in charge now, and by god, she is a bit scary when things get too hectic. Alena whistled for the guards to follow her when she saw that they had picked up her sister and were ready. "Instead of rambling on, you should make yourself useful." Alena blurted at the doctor before she walked and hearfootsteps steps of the two guards behind her with her sister.

Alena didn't have time to go and change and there was a life or death situation on hands so she made quick and went on the other side of the house. She opened a door which led to a large room. The room was decorated as if you were in a hospital room. Alena told the men to set her sister on the surgical table, they did so very slowly before she told them to leave. Alena got everything ready, and she took out a tray to set everything on. Alena went over to her sister and she had a pair of scissors in her hand which she used to cut the sweater/shirt that Alex was wearing so that she can have an easy access to her wound. Alena cut one side of her sisters strap and began getting to work. "Remain very still love," Alena said as she applied every ounce of knowledge that she had and got to work. Alena gave her sister some anesthesia and slowly inserted the needle that was hooked onto the saline into her skin. Alena began working on her wound and removing the bullet. Alena was afraid on the inside because this is the first time that she has ever done something like this before, as in removing a bullet, but she has stitched up a few of the men here at the house so this should be no different. And besides that, if something did happen she would get the doctor, but everything looked fine at a couple of minutes of removing the bullet.

Ten minutes later Alena saw that her sister was losing a bit of blood. Alena acted quick and took a needle and a tube and took out some of her blood. She called one of the guards to send for the doctor and when the doctor got there, she handed him the pint of blood that she had taken out of her own body to give to her sister for a blood transfusion. "I removed the bullet, and stitched and patched up the wound. But she lost a lot of blood, and this part I cannot do on my own so here." Alena said as she handed him the bag of blood. Alena felt light headed but she shook it off and remained near the doctors side. She held Alex's opposite hand tightly,"You're okay now," Alena whispered.

63e1f294d3f9bc4f53e7a63b4c026da2.jpg

"Hey" Alex cried when the cigarette was ripped out of her hand. She turned to face the doctor as he asked her how long she had this for, she tried to do the maths in her head but she felt fuzzy "About an hour and a half at the stage maybe" She said quietly and a little awkwardly even Alex realized her stupidity. Before the doctor had a chance to reply, Alex was suddenly picked up by two of the guards. She watched her sister in shock, she had never seen Alena act like this, like she was in control. Any other time Alex would be impressed,right now Alex was a little scared. "Angel don't leave, I need to talk to you" She said as she passed him grabbing his arm for a brief second before she was pulled off into a room that looked exactly like a hospital, Alex didn't even know they had this room. She was nervous as hell about this, she trusted Alena but still.
Alex did her best to remain still as Alena injected her with something and not long after the pain was gone, the fear was gone she felt relaxed and then she closed her eyes drifting into unconsciousness.
sprouhtt sprouhtt Enzyme Enzyme Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

"Oh, come on, now," Conor said, disagreeing with Kean. "Dad always does what he thinks is best for our family and that means keeping things low key. We didn't know Vinnie was going to suddenly step things up to such a level. I'd much rather have our Father than one who drags innocents into this and uses his own daughters in the process. But he's got his message through, loud and clear. Last night was bad enough, but after tonight, even dad won't show restraint," Conor assured his brother. "With or without help, I'm going to return the gesture. He attacked my pub and I'll attack his. I'm done being nice, Kean, and I'm sure I'm not the only one."

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

The doctor followed Alena's instructions to administer the blood transfusion to Alex...

neverbackdown neverbackdown sprouhtt sprouhtt

Carrick rubbed his shin as he heard what Conor was saying before smiling. "We wouldn't had been in this problem if he had stayed away from trying to create a gang but now, our enemy are trying to destroy us." He looked at the ceiling before looking back at him. "Get me the blueprint to their club and I can have it go downhill like I did with the few clubs that tried to take our service while in our territory." He wasn't one to join a battle that he wouldn't care about, but knowing his family was being targeted, well he was gonna show them why he was the smartest amongst the Sullivan. "They are playing with fire but now that fire is gonna burn them back, after all you can't fly up close to the sun." Two meanings that every knew what they meant. "I may not be involved with our family business by I guess the Romano's have to know that they aren't safe within their own territory."
Misty Gray Misty Gray

157221_1330436073497_full.jpg

Alexandra woke up about an hour or.two later with the doctor still sitting in the room. She squinted her eyes against the light and focused on him when he turned to face her. The doctor lectured Alex about how long she took to get the wound tended to, told her she could have died and told her to take it easy the next few days and that hed be back to check on it. Alex only half listened to what he said as she felt groggy and weak. When the doctor left Alex slowly made her way to her room and realised that she had locked it from the inside earlier "Shit" she mumbled angrily as she rubbed her hand along the top of her door and luckily she felt her hand hit of the spare key.
Once in her room Alex changed into a baggy tshirt and tracksuit bottoms, she hadnt realise how hard of a task this was with only one hand and so it took her a ot longer then she would have liked, as she was taking off her trousers Alex heard a loud bang and looked down in shock to see the gun lying on the floor, she had completely forgotten that was there. Alex threw the gun into her bottom drawer hidden under her clothes before leaving her room and making her way downstairs, she couldnt hear any talking and was unsure if anyone was still in the house. She persumed Alena may have gone back out with leo to enjoy the rest of the night and was unsure if Angel would have stayed or if he had.gone home. Alex wasnt in the mood to go looking for them so she went to the kitchen and made herself a cup of tea before going into the sitting room and sitting on the couch, she threw a blanket over her as she curled up into the couch.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray , sprouhtt sprouhtt Enzyme Enzyme

Seeing as the house was lacking the proper authority; tonight being a very dangerous night, Angel decided to stay the night. He laid on the couch the remainder of the night. He never fully fell asleep, only drifting in and out of a dream-like state. He couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. He crossed his arms to keep warm, feeling the wound stretch out the stitches. "Sinead..." he dragged out in a hushed tone. He wasn't sure what he was going to do with her. Ever since Peter's; he's thought of her differently.

Fortuna visibly perked up upon hearing Vinnie's words, eyes lighting up in what appeared to be joy and excitement. "It would be my pleasure." She responded to the offer, inclining her head in acknowledgement. The hitwoman then grabbed a fistful of Arnold's hair, forcefully pulling his head back to meet the sight of her knife being brandished right before his eyes. "Now, darling, I'm not going to lie, this might hurt." She casually addressed him, flashing an insincerely apologetic smile, before giving him a nice, long and clean cut on his forehead. Of course, regardless of how thin and painless the slice was, blood began pouring from out of the wound and into his open eyes.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

Conor's expression remained serious as he listened to his brother's words. "It doesn't matter what has led us to these problems. What matters is this is where we are and we have to fight back harder. If you have plans to get back at the Romanos - ones as big as you're suggesting - then this is something you need to discuss with dad and the others. We certainly shouldn't be talking about it here," he said, keeping alert should any cops be nearby. "Listen, Kean, you need to go back home for the night. After the last couple of days I'm going to take advantage of that crappy bed," he said, pointing to the substandard bed in the corner of the cell. "I'll be home in a few hours," he promised, ruffling his brother's hair and grinning.

Once Carrick had left, Lockwood passed Conor a mug of tea through the cell bars as a peace offering, before leaving him to get some rest.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Sinead Sullivan and James Porter

As instructed, James had driven Sinead back to the Sullivans home. It seemed to be a theme tonight that none of the family heads were around the house; like Angel, James found himself having to stick around to keep an eye on the house. James couldn't say it out loud, but he'd prefer to be with Lucy at the hospital. Her idea for revenge using Monte was becoming more and more appealing by the minute. He was about to grab something to eat in the kitchen when he watched Sinead return downstairs in a change of casual clothes. "You might as well get some sleep," he told her, his voice firm but softer than earlier. "I already called the hospital. Luca is going to pull through and Lucy just needs patching up," he assured her.

"I know, James. I'd just like to be here when everyone comes home," she told him and sat down on the sofa. "Sorry for taking your car..."

"That's fine. You can wash it for me tomorrow," he remarked, flashing a twisted smile. He was still annoyed she took his car, but in all honesty he'd been expecting a much bigger meltdown from her by now, so he only hoped this was the extent of it. James left Sinead in the lounge so he could have some food and silence in the kitchen.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Foxy Foxy Bellz Bellz

Vincenzo Romano

"You fucking bitch!" Arnold hissed at Fortuna as she grabbed his hair and sliced across his forehead. He then desperately tried to to push her away and get out of the chair before noticing Vinnie casually seated and aiming a gun in his direction. Arnold calmed himself and looked to Fortuna, the blood pouring down and starting to cloud his vision. "I'm sorry. You've punished me, now can I go?" he asked her.

Vinnie looked to his watch and let out a sigh as he became conscious of time. "We only have a couple of minutes left. I'll let my friend here decide if you're sorry enough or if you need a little more help to let things sink in." Vinnie smiled to Fortuna. It was nice to sit back, relax and watch the entertainment. She wasn't his right-hand woman for nothing.

Ineptitude Ineptitude

Last edited:
c6ff97f282e8a8c8327d3f15262ab317.png

MV5BMTkzNTkyODk5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjU2OTM4Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Although Lucy was a tough girl there was one thing that never failed to make her tear up. The sight of a long needle. She gave the EMTs a hard time about it as they struggled to keep her held down. Luckily her mother and father were forced to take a separate car so they couldn't see the scene she was making. Finally they jammed the needle into her arm and hooked her up to the IV. One man grabbed a pair of gloves and examined the wound, informing her that she was lucky it didn't hit the main artery and that she was going to be okay, but crutches would be her best friend for about a week or two.

Lucy was beyond pissed. Not that she was shot, because honestly, she was so glad it was her and not her family. But she was pissed at whoever decided to personally attack her family. And she only had one name in mind.

They arrived at the hospital a few moments later and she was helped into a bed. The doctors spent a good hour removing the bullet before patching her up.​

ee36125676e5587761c32e4a9c8e364d.jpg

Interaction: N/A
Mentioned: Enzyme Enzyme Misty Gray Misty Gray neverbackdown neverbackdown Foxy Foxy
Actions: Drinking from the wine bottle as she cleans up the mess she made in the kitchen

Alena was a wreck, she had sweat dripping down her face and her hair was a wet damp mess. Alena had blood on her dress, hands, and small specks on her face whenever she accidentally wiped her hand. She still stayed with her sister to make sure everything was alright. When the doctor was lecturing Alex and all, Alena wanted her to rest when he had finished talking, so she walked out of the room and headed towards her own. When she got there she removed her heels and went straight into the bathroom where she got undressed and ran herself an herbal bath. Alena watched as the blood stained the water so she stayed still and had small tears running down her soft baby-like face. Alena wiped them before she got out and made a new bath, Alena didn't think she would ever see her sister that hurt, it left a hole in Alena's heart. Alena got back into the now clean water and she stayed in there for a good hour or two. She began thinking about who could have shot her, and where she was. Alena then remembered that on her way to dinner last night she saw Alex entering a place and through the window she could have sworn she had seen Connor Sullivan. Alena grew angry but she didn't know if it was truly his doing. But she did have her suspicions. Maybe she should pay a visit to Connor Sullivan. Alena didn't see how that could be a bad thing as a very sinister look grew on her face.

Alena was shook. She also didn't like this side of her, and frankly, she hated it. But it felt soo good, was this how her father, Monte, and the others felt whenever they went off doing something wrong. Alena at this point was clouded with hate, anger, and revenge. What has she become now? Alena shook her head and sunk down into the tub full of water for two minutes before she came up gasping for air. Alena after a while got out of the tub and grabbed a silk robe to wrap herself with. She decided that she needed a drink, and a strong one. Alena walked out of her room and went downstairs to where she saw Alex sleeping. As well as seeing Angel, she just kept walking straight. Alena made no noise nor did she want to wake up Alex because she needed a rest. Alena went into her father's cabinet and grabbed one of his strongest wines. As she was grabbing a wine glass it had fell and smashed into a million pieces on the floor, "Shit," Alena said as she uncorked the bottle and drank from it. Alena began cleaning up the mess and hoped that she didn't wake up anyone.

When Alena was done the cleaning, she quickly headed upstairs with the bottle still in hand. She got into her room and slumped down on the floor in her robe as she began to softly cry to herself. Alena didn't know why this was happening, she hated crying. Alena grew up in a household where you had to show toughness and not your weaknesses which is your emotions so all these years she has been bottling up her feelings and now they are catching up to her. Alena felt like her purity was now slowly being washed away since all these bad thoughts began to cloud her mind.

"Well, as much as I would like to do so, I wouldn't want to hurt him too much. He might faint from either sheer terror or blood loss." Fortuna sighed sadly, as though this was a shame. "I don't have the means to keep him conscious at the moment, and I prefer having my victims awake." She muttered softly, though her voice was loud enough for the other two occupants to hear her words, lips pulled back into a slight frown. The hitwoman sauntered back to her handbag and pulled out a plain white handkerchief, wiping away the excess blood on her blade before putting it away. As she did so, her eyes flitted back to Arnold, landing on the knife wound that she had inflicted. "You might want to get that little injury cleaned up, darling. Wouldn't want blood on your suit, now would you?" She said with a wry smile.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Vincenzo Romano

Vinnie smiled and nodded to Fortuna as he returned his gun back to its holster. He got up to his feet and sent Arnold a disgusted glare. "Our friend is correct, you should get yourself cleaned up. Two days from now, I expect my money to be returned. You'll be hearing from me, one way or another," he warned the man. Vinnie then walked with Fortuna out of the room, perhaps far too casually considering what they had just been doing. "One of my men can drive you home if needed," he told her. "I will be seeing you again for our meeting with the Duilios. Let's hope they get to keep their heads too," he noted.

Before returning home, Vinnie had been to see various associates to catch up on the other events of the evening, mostly regarding the Whistler and the Emerald. Whilst he felt Lucy being shot was justice for Maite's injury, things did not go exactly as he had instructed at the Whistler. The shambles regarding Conor was an even bigger disappointment. It seemed Sergeant Hunter wasn't the only cop at the CPD who needed to learn their place.

When Vinnie finally entered his home, it was around 3am. He saw Angel in a partial state of sleep and was about to ask for his explanation on what had happened at the Whistler. He stopped himself when he noticed Alex wrapped up and fast asleep on another couch, so decided to save the discussion until later when she wasn't nearby. After a little hesitance, Vinnie retreated upstairs to bed, where Gianna was already sleeping after her own night out.

Ineptitude Ineptitude Enzyme Enzyme neverbackdown neverbackdown sprouhtt sprouhtt

Chapter 3: Crossing the Line
Monday 3rd September 1948

The Romano House
The next morning, those in the Romano house would notice or wake to see the lack of Vinnie's presence. The usually regimented man was almost always up and ready by 7am, but not this morning. After another long and late night, Vinnie had decided to stay in bed until he felt like getting up, which wasn't until after 9am.

Leo had gone over to the house the next morning, partly to see his friends Giorgio and Monte, partly to see how Alex was after being shot, and mostly to see Alena again!

neverbackdown neverbackdown sprouhtt sprouhtt Foxy Foxy Enzyme Enzyme Mooriot Mooriot

The Sullivan House
Sinead had remained on the couch until Lucy was finally discharged from the hospital and brought home in the early hours of the morning. Sinead gave her sister the tightest of hugs and also apologised to Emmet for being dismissive of him for not taking her shopping the previous day. She had then retreated to bed. James was also glad to see Lucy back home and made a joke about her now having war wounds of her own. Now more than ever, he wanted to help her get revenge on the Romanos and his attraction to her was only intensifying.

The next morning, Sinead was up bright and early so she could have breakfast with Angel at Jason's Deli. She wasn't quite sure what to expect from their meeting, but all she was certain of was that she couldn't tell her family who she was going to see. Once ready, she rushed out of the house without giving anyone chance to question her and had one of her father's men drop her off in the city, a few blocks from where Jason's Deli really was.

James had been sleeping on the couch and once he was up and ready, he waited for Emmet, Shannon and potentially Luca to join him so they could plan what they were going to do about the Romanos.

Bellz Bellz Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Foxy Foxy

Chicago Police Department

Conor has been released from the CPD earlier that morning. The department now had a fresh batch of cases to be dealing with... to add to everything else. There was the shooting at the Whistler, as well as the shooting, murder and fighting at the Emerald. It wouldn't take a genius to see the Sullivans had been under attack the previous evening.

Kitty would need to enter the police department or the Chicago Sun-Times office to hear about last night's developments. The question was, how would she approach this? Would she write up a juicy article or wish to find out the real story? Who could she speak with to find out more?

Trignome Trignome MattS MattS Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman TofuMafia TofuMafia

Sinead Sullivan

23238119004_748af6041e_b.jpg
Sinead walked from where she'd been dropped off to Jason's Deli. She made a point of not arriving there until 8.05am. She'd hated the awkwardness of arriving before her date and standing around looking like a fool. Not that this was a date! But it still brought a nervousness about her and the general feeling that Angel wouldn't actually be there. After all, he worked for Vinnie, did he really owe her anything? He could have just told her he'd meet with her so he could get rid of her last night so she wouldn't cause any problems for the Romanos. Regardless of her apprehension, Sinead entered the cafe and looked around for Angel.

Enzyme Enzyme

Conor Sullivan

7519abd87c2abb64fe8e96c54bc5d3a8.jpg

Conor hadn't been to the Sullivans house yet, instead returning to the Emerald as soon as he'd been released. The cops had searched the place and only been lucky enough to find his rifle, which was registered anyway. Harry had wasted no time in calling someone in to replace the pub windows that morning. Whilst the glazier got to work on the windows, Conor swept up both inside and outside the pub. There was a slight chill in the air, but he needed it to calm himself down. He thought Vinnie had gone too far when he did Sinead's place over, but last night's actions were on a new level. And Alex... she'd proved herself to be quite the actress. She'd certainly convinced him that she cared and wasn't like her family. He'd never felt so stupid.

Rudderless-Selena-Gomez.jpg
Alex was running down an Alley when she heard the distinct sound of a gun shot as she looked down a gun appeared in her hand. She dropped the gun in shock and looked up to see a faceless man lying on the ground covered in blood. As Alex approached the body, she heard the shouting of a little kid, she watched as the wife and the child of this man run to the body and drop to their knee's crying hysterically. As Alex backed away, the woman looked up catching eye contact with her "You did this! You destroyed my family".
Alex bolted into a sitting position, shaking and crying. She sat for a moment as she tried to calm herself, It was just a dream, it was just a dream. After a few moments Alex carefully stood up, she still felt quite weak and her arm was very painful. On her way to the kitchen Alex saw Angel lying on the couch asleep, she picked up the blanket she had been wrapped in and carefully placed it over him. Once in the kitchen Alex searched the presses before coming up with some strong pain-killers. She took one and placed the box in her pocket knowing she would need them later. Alex checked the time it was only 7.30 am she sighed at the thought of being up at that time before making her way upstairs to get changed into a black t-shirt and a pair of jeans, she gritted in pain as she used her bad arm to pull up her jeans. God this one handed thing was going to be annoying. Alex rooted in her bag and found the sling which the doctor had left for her, she put it on and placed her arm into it, realizing the pain was more endurable when he arm was resting on something rather than hanging limply by her side. Once changed Alex made her way back downstairs and made herself a cup of tea. She checked the time and saw it was nearly 9, the house was eerily silent and she found it quite weird that her father wasn't awake yet but maybe that was a good thing. Alex sat on the counter drinking her tea, she placed the cup down and pulled a cigarette out of her packet and placed it to her lips. Checking the time on the clock, she had been scheduled into work at 9.30 and knew she had to head soon. While Alex wasn't going to be particularly useful feeling the way she did, it was too late to give warning and she couldn't just not arrive. Even if Alex did get sent home, she would be able to swing past the Emerald and see if Conor was ok after last night and more importantly to make sure if didn't get arrested

mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray Enzyme Enzyme

Last edited:
dbe75a4e30eb8b5343c7b5c7208d60f0.jpg
Luca could be found staring at the ceiling of his apartment, with an expressionless look on his face. He had been careless yesterday and now that came back to bite him in the ass. The Romano's had shown that they would do anything to show that they where a threat to the Sullivan and now it was time for him to show them that no one messes with the Sullivan's. He slowly stood up from his bed, grimacing in pain while holding his abdomen with his good hand. The gun shot to the shoulder would take a while for it to get healed, after all he couldn't move it well, mostly because the doctor had given him the direction to not use it for a bit until he felt that it was completely healed. The Romano's family line was gonna end and he was gonna make sure of it. They targeted Sinead than Conor and who knew who else but he was gonna end it. They had gone too far and he was gonna make sure they suffer one by one even if he has to do it alone. He had been relaxed lately because he had felt that it was gonna be calm between them, have Conor do his thing and steal from them without anyone knowing, but now. First the body, than shooting at the pub, huh, what was next? Them targeting the Whistler to ruin the Sullivan fun in seeing Sinead sing? Well the fall of the Romano's will begin.

Carrick yawned as he woke up from sleeping. It had been a long day and he had been planning on ways to make the Romano's know true fear. Sure he was the innocents in the family, right beside Sinead, not even participating in the family business. But this time? They had gone too far and had attempted to kill his family, something that he wouldn't forgive. He had already begun his plan on how to bring the stores on the Romano's down, and now he had to make plans on how to destroy places they cherish, places that they always go to and it was gonna be fun seeing their faces. He stood up from his bed, wearing a simple white shirt and black shorts, before walking out of his room and heading toward the kitchen. He was hungry and he knew that no one was gonna cook for him so he had to always wake up early and cook for himself. Heck he even ignored when James was seen sleeping on the couch, something that was a daily occurrence.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Angel had arrived early at the deli. He waited at the table, periodically checking his watch. The table was fixed against the large windows of the deli, allowing the natural light to illuminate the building. He was aware of the chances that Sinead wouldn't show, but he stayed optimistic. Angel had already ordered coffee, due to the lack of sleep. When he saw Sinead walk through the doors, his face instantly lit up. "Morning." He said, waving her down. He adjusted his posture once she sat, interlocking his fingers on the table. "How ya' holdin up?" Angel asked. The waitress moved up to the table, notepad ready in hand. "The usual?" The waitress asked. Angel nodded to her, smiling up at the woman. "Alright. Two eggs, gluten free bread, and turkey bacon with a side of pickles. For you, miss?" The woman asked, turning to Sinead.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Sullivan

Sinead was relieved when she stepped inside the café and Angel spoke up - it saved her from having to try spot him. "Good morning," she said. Despite her troubles, she still managed her bright and innocent smile. "I've had better days, but I'm holding up okay. How is your shoulder?" she asked as she took a seat next to him. She was still grateful for what he'd done at the club. When the waitress asked what she wanted, Sinead quickly thought of something. "Can I get some waffles, with cream, aaand a coffee. Thank you!" She was feeling like something sweet today. Besides, nobody could match her family's Irish breakfast. "I take it you come here often?" she asked.

Enzyme Enzyme

James Porter
James heard someone in the kitchen and got in to see who it was. When he saw Carrick there he approached the youngest Sullivan. "Morning," he said, holding in a yawn. He didn't often get chance to speak with the lad, especially not on his own. "How are you doing these days?" he asked. For the most part, Carrick seemed to keep out of business, but James often wondered how long that was going to last. He didn't seem to completely distance himself from it like Sinead had done. "I gather you've heard about all of last night's events. You'll say if you suspect they could attack you, won't you?" he asked. He was fully aware that Carrick was now the only one of the Sullivans' kids that hadn't been targeted yet.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Last edited:
Rudderless-Selena-Gomez.jpg
At 9.05 Alex finished her cup of tea and placed the mug in the sink. She hopped off the counter and moved into the hall grabbing her bag on the way out. Walking out to the driveway Alex got one of the goons to drop her to work, while he originally denied letting her even leave the house, the look on Alex's face quickly changed his mind.
Alex had been in work about half an hour when she felt a tap on her shoulder, Alex turned to be face to face with her manager wearing a small smile. "Alex, I really appreciate you coming in but your injured, you weak and need you rest. Don't argue with me, you've already dropped 5 plates" the manager said with a slight laugh to show she wasn't annoyed. "Go home Alex and you've the next 2 or 3 weeks off till your feeling better, so just relax". Alex feigned a smile at her manager, and thanked her before grabbing her bag and leaving. Alex realised at that moment that she was still quite numb, she just didn't really care that she got sent home, she just felt guilty about the man and in pain with her arm. Alex also realised that she had been faking most of her emotions with the diners that day.
Alex's feet were on auto-pilot as she found herself approaching the Emerald, Alex looked at her slinged arm and sighed, it was very painful and she was starting to feel very dizzy and weak from too much movement and not enough rest this morning.
Alex passed the Emerald and could see Conor sweeping up broken glass, she frowned at the mess that had been last night, there had been innocent people there. Alex's eye caught on the Alley and she nearly crumpled then and there at the guilt which over took her. She forced her eyes of the Alley and began to walk down the road a little bit as standing outside the Emerald was a stupid place so she moved down the spot where she always waited for Conor. , as she walked Alex stumbled and fell into the building beside her, she gritted her teeth as a small cry of pain passed her lips from the jolt her arm had received.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Kitty Avera
Kitty woke up bright and early the morning after the shooting at the Whistler. If she was starting to get worried about the escalation of violence, so was the rest of the city, and no one could afford to have the entire city up in arms about the gangs. Kitty had a hunch that the average person didn't matter much in this situation. She just needed to convince the public of that, and then the police could do their job uninterrupted. So, she called into work to let them know she would be working out of the office for a while and headed straight for the Chicago Police Department. With a new tragedy popping up every day, there was no guarantee that any of the officers would be there for very long at all, and she needed to speak to someone as soon as possible.

She took a deep breath before entering the building; it wouldn't come off well if she seemed too frazzled or frantic. Once she was sure she was composed, she strode through the front doors and straight to the receptionist's desk, flashing a winning smile.

"Hi, I'm Kitty Avera with The Chicago Sun-Times. I was wondering if I could speak to any of the officers working on the recent gang violence within the city... Maybe Lieutenant Xin or someone on his team? I'd like to get an article out soon that will keep the public at ease," she said.

Mentioned: Trignome Trignome Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman MattS MattS or anyone at CPD

Angel hadn't bothered to look at the menu, just sliding it back to the waitress. "Well, there's a whole in my shoulder the size of a quarter, but believe it or not; I've had worse." He said with a chuckle. "Eh, I stop by every now and then for breakfast. The owner is close friends with my uncle, she's getting old and real sick. I try and pay her a visit while I can." Angel took a sip of his coffee. "I would've ordered you a coffee too so it was waitin' for you when you got here, but people get really extracurricular with their coffees."

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan
7519abd87c2abb64fe8e96c54bc5d3a8-jpg.323685

Conor chewed on the matchstick as he continued to sweep away the glass from the pavement. It was at times like this, when he felt the most tense, that he had to chew on something to stop him from just lighting up a cigarette and taking up smoking again after so long. He'd been stealing from the Romanos and even recruiting some of their own men. In return, he'd expected similar. Hell, the Emerald getting trashed was something he'd always expected and mentally prepared for. But to attack his sisters, his customers and attempt to have him arrested for murder - Vinnie had taken things to a whole new level. Conor wondered how far he would need to go to repay Vinnie for what he'd done. He wondered how far he was willing to go before he started to lose his conscience and decency.

Conor saw Alex out of the corner of his eye but was content to ignore her for as long as he could. She was lucky she was a woman. Had she been Monte, Giorgio, or any Romano man, Conor would have beat the shit out of her by now. But he could never harm a woman, no matter how crushed he felt about her. He noticed she wasn't going away soon and was standing where she usually did when she wanted his attention. She clearly wanted him to confront her, so he was happy to oblige. He spat the matchstick onto the floor and propped the sweeping brush up against the pub wall. As he walked towards her, his face appeared cold and irritated. He saw her stumble into the building and let out a pained cry, but he forced himself to remain indifferent to it. He noticed her arm was in a sling and couldn't help but wonder what happened to her since he last saw her.

"You've got a lot of nerve coming here, Alex. Did you and Vinnie really think you could set me up like that?" he asked, folding his arms. "I've been trying to tell myself that it's all a mistake and you wouldn't have done such a thing. I genuinely believed you cared and all the time you were trying to frame me for murder?! It's probably the disbelief that's stopped me from telling the cops that you were the one who killed that man." Conor bit his lip as he tried to contain his distress. "You have no idea how much I want to be wrong."

neverbackdown neverbackdown

Sinead Sullivan

23238119004_748af6041e_b-jpg.323684

"You've had worse, seriously?" Sinead asked, in disbelief about how passive he was being about getting shot. "You don't have to pretend it doesn't hurt to make me feel better, y'know. If you want to cry about it, go ahead. I won't judge you," she joked. "You boys always make out like things aren't serious and nothing hurts, but that's how you lose yourselves. When you start to ignore your pain, physical or mental, that's when you start to forget who you truly are," she noted. Angel had helped her twice last night and she could see there was a good person beneath all of this gangster business. He was certainly not as cold as Mr. Romano. "I've seen your boss, Vinnie, in action. There's a man who is forgetting how to feel." She realised what she had said and didn't wish to elaborate on what exactly she had seen of the man's actions.

She smiled as he spoke of supporting the ageing deli owner. "Well, aren't you just sweet, Gioavanni?" she remarked, with a smirk on her face. "Honestly, don't worry about the coffee. I can wait," she assured him. She reached over to get the glass sugar dispenser for when her drink did arrive, keeping hold of it to busy her hands as she thought over her next words. "So, what were you planning on talking me through today? Right now, I feel that the Romanos are simply good and bad - mostly bad, as of late," she seriously told him. "Perhaps I'm seeing things as black and white, but I can't think of a way to justify what has happened over the last couple of days. The actions are bad, pure and simple."

Enzyme Enzyme

tumblr_m96qpe6bBD1r25xgk.gif
Alex looked up at Conor in shock at the tone he was using on her. The way he looked at her broke her heart, he was clearly disgusted with her and she couldn't believe he thought she had played him. Alex tried to hold the pain of her face as she listened to what he had to say, Alex waited until he finished speaking before she replied. When he mentioned how she had killed the man, Alex's eye teared up at the concept and she nearly broke down in tears but did her best to hold it off.
"I didn't ..." Alex's voice broke and she cleared her throat taking a deep breath before speaking again "I didn't know there was going to be an attack and I didn't know they were trying to get you done for murder, as I've said before I have no hand or interest in the family business" Alex looked down at the ground before looking back at Conor, the way he was looking at her hurt to see but she knew that if she didn't look at him she'd look guilty for a whole other reason. "I do care about you, I thought he was going to kill you, I couldn't let you die" Alex blinked back more tears as she thought of what had happened. She clenched her face in pain when her arm twinged "If I was really involved do you think he would of shot me?" She questioned him "I love my family but I would not nearly die and go through a blood transfusion for a petty revenge act conducted by them".
Alex should have been angry that she was being accused but all she felt was broken, she thought being near Conor would make her feel at least a little better but the way he was looking at her and speaking too her was breaking her even more.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back