• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
“Lieutenant Xin?”

Without looking up from the papers on his desk, Jon nodded to indicate he was listening. No-one came in. With a small sigh, Jon finally put down his pen and walked over to unlock the door. He’d forgotten he’d closed and locked it in a fit of passive-aggressive frustration when he’d been ordered back to his office to do paperwork by the superintendent. Apparently, the old man didn’t like having higher-ranked officers out in the field.

Jon opened the door to his office with a smile. It was one of the secretaries: Winifer Greens, 24, illegal contraband and drugs division. But Jon couldn’t remember if she was married. “Greens…” He continued to smile, while internally cringing at the informality. “…any news?”

The secretary, bless her, didn’t even bat an eye. “I have another report for you, from lieutenant Garths.”

“Thank you.” Jon took the manilla folder and pulled out the single sheet of paper with an air of great gravity. Surely, it must be a very important matter if another lieutenant had it sent to him. He carefully read the paper once, twice. Then, with a somewhat strained smile, he looked back up at the secretary. She was standing expectantly just outside the open door. “Is this…all?”
“I don’t know what you mean, sir.”
“This was written today.”
“Yes, just now.”
“It’s a report on a shipment of contraband goods.”
“I wouldn’t know that, sir. I didn’t read the report.”
“It is.”
“Yes, it must be so.”
“But…the estimated time for the circumstances is…tonight.”
“I wouldn’t know that, sir. I didn’t read the report.”
“Oh, it says so here. The time wasn’t written in the right place, the officer who wrote this report was careless.”
“I think lieutenant Garths personally wrote this report.”
“Oh…I see. He must have been very busy when he wrote this, then.”
“No, he took the rest of the evening off today.”
“Oh…then…I suppose he wants me to deal with this matter for him?”
“Yes, it must be so.” The secretary patiently stood by the door as an awkward silence began to fall.
“Thank you, good night,” Jon absentmindedly said to M(?) Greens as he closed his office door and walked back to his desk. A lieutenant from the same department, but who oversaw different divisions than himself, wouldn’t personally write out a haphazard report on a minor illegal shipment that needed only a few officers to attend to. Jon had a vague impression of lieutenant Garths from a few conferences. The man was quite shrewd; there was an intention behind this report, but obviously Garths wanted Jon to take the responsibility of carrying out the plan. What exactly did his colleague want and why was it sent specifically to him, lieutenant Xin of the homicide and gang divisions? He slowly skimmed over the report again.

“Ah yes…it must be so,” Jon mumbled to himself. He reached for the pen on his desk. The command he was about to give would require a signature.

16 NPC cops (illegal contraband/drugs division) and 1 officer Lockwood (friend of Conor's) headed your way! Misty Gray Misty Gray Maxilgal Maxilgal Foxy Foxy

Last edited:
Emmet Sullivan
Emmet had climbed out of the car and stood straight, surveying the scene around him, narrowing his eyes as he saw people approach the point.
"Shit." He cursed, turning back towards James. "I guess this is such an easy grab anymore. We'll hide, ambush the group after they've pulled the load. If any shots are fired, kill on site. I'd rather have one of us leave here alive if it comes down to it."
His thick eyebrows furrowed as he scanned the empty streets, eyes catching on a shadowy spot just a couple hundred feet from where the figures were assembled. Silently, he pointed at himself then the spot, readying his shotgun and moving forward, slinking through the darkness cast by the buildings. The night was eerily silent, though as he got closer, Emmett's ears could catch bits and pieces of a conversation. Once settled in, he could make out a fair amount of people, though he didn't recognize their faces. He looked back at James, hoping the young man was on the move to his own spot of choice. When the numbers weren't in their favor, an ambush was the best way to handle this, and Emmett's smile shone in the dark as he thought of his shotgun barrel to the chest of some poor Romano bastard. His heart beat oddly steady, breathing even. Emmet had the mind of a predator. After hundreds of jobs, he'd learned having a cool head was the best, and his lack of nerves often made others uneasy. He couldn't speak for James, of course, but sitting there, a man with a gun waiting to pull the trigger, Emmet felt powerful, in control, and deathly calm.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Luca had closed his eyes when he had seen the words. Those words had been used so many times by him so many times before but seeing it on the wall, on an apartment owned by Sinead, he just didn't know what to do about. Those assholes have had the gall to demolish Sinead safe haven, then he was gonna demolish theirs. He wasn't a good guy nor was he a bad guy, he was just that guy who hated when others targeted people who he cared about and he was gonna make sure that all of them suffered.

Luca sighed once he felt his anger subside before he turned around and left the apartment. He got on his car deciding to go help out Emmet and James. He just hoped that they knew a simple way to go around and not be caught or that the CPD didn't arrive, cause that would be troublesome. If this went well without a hitch, then he would go to the pub and drink his problem until he wouldn't be able to drive anymore. After all today had been a hectic day for both the Sullivan's and him.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Foxy Foxy

Danny

His eyes twisted back and forth like serpents as he tried to see who was there. Martzel stayed at his side, rifle slightly lowered as he inspected the scene as well. There was an odd silence to the whole place. Then Martzel froze, tugging lightly on Danny’s coat. There was a shadowed figure hiding in the darkness, their outline just barely visible in the low light of the train yard. As soon as Danny saw him, he raised his rifle and aimed at the figure. He waited for what seemed like forever before taking a halfstep forward towards Maite.

Foxy Foxy Misty Gray Misty Gray

Emmet Sullivan
Emmet watched curiously as the people who were picking up the shipments moved, and his eyes picked up on one who seemed particularly on edge, having turned around, pointed in Emmett's general direction. He slowly looked around, blue gaze finding no sign of James. He was glad, of course. James had either escaped or found a good spot, and now was a better time than any to reveal himself. Cracking the shotgun in half quietly, he slid in a shell in each barrel, checking the safety before he was ready, and closed the action with an expert click. It was easily drowned out by what little sounds were murmuring about the city. Taking a deep breath, wiggling his fingers, Emmet stepped out from his hiding spot, shotgun lowered.
"Fine night for business." He said loudly with an amused smirk on his face. He was annoyed, sure, that he might have been detected, but a larger frame didn't serve well when sneaking around. And while he may get shot, at least he wouldn't get caught. It was better to reveal himself than hope the figure was just suspicious and have them get the jump on him.
Maxilgal Maxilgal Misty Gray Misty Gray

James Porter

When Emmet noted the job wasn't as easy as anticipated, James shrugged his shoulders. "We're not ones to run from a challenge," he calmly replied. He then watched as his boss pointed out a hiding spot he'd found to place himself. James had already decided on where he was going to place himself and blended into the shadows as he quietly got into position. He was in a good place to observe the people with the shipment in the distance but also keep a close enough eye on Emmet. When it appeared those in the distance had sighted Emmet, James trained his gun on them and kept his finger hovering over the trigger.

As Emmet stepped out into view and spoke loudly to the group, James turned his focus up to its highest level. He had a perfect shot of a head belonging to one of the men standing by the shipment, should he need to fire. His target wouldn't be getting back up again if James did fire. As he concentrated, he heard the sound of distant police sirens. Given there had been three murders in the space of a few hours and the general Saturday night drunken disorder, James didn't let it distract him. If the sirens got louder, he'd hoped everyone involved would be smart enough to get their arses out of sight.

Maxilgal Maxilgal Foxy Foxy

c6ff97f282e8a8c8327d3f15262ab317.png

amberheard006.jpg

Foxy Foxy Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy had just been removing her hair from their pin curls and and removing her make up before sitting no the bed, trying not to let nerves get to her as she continued to go through the plan she had forming in her head. There was a knock on the door and her head snapped up to look at her sister standing in the doorway with a bottle of wine and two glasses. A warm smile formed on the young woman's lips and she stood and straightened out her disheveled appearance. "Drinks? Sure! We have so much to catch up on!" She clapped her hands together a few times before following her sister into her room. Lucy would have slept in her old room, but for a few different reasons, she decided that her room would be far too distracting to her at this time. After they walked into the room, she moved to sit down on Sinead's bed and smiled up at her. "So let's talk!" She smiled happily and looked around her little sister's room. So many memories. It almost made her sad. Life seemed a hell of a lot easier when they weren't really aware of everything that their family was involved in. When they could honestly just be kids. The smile on her face faded slightly but the light in her eyes didn't. As the older sister, she took distracting her younger siblings seriously, especially if they came to her first looking for one.

Sinead Sullivan

20489960530_6bcc85033f_o-jpg.316316

Sinead's room was still decorated the same way it had been when she was a teenager, all pretty and princess-like. It was part of the reason she'd been glad to move into her own place, so she didn't feel like a child anymore. But here she was, back home and feeling exactly like a kid, needing to be protected by those around her. She felt like her fire and fight had been snatched out of her hands. The worst thing was, she knew she wouldn't have coped if she had gone back on her own to her apartment.

Snapping herself out of her thoughts, she smiled to Lucy and opened the bottle of wine. She handed her sister a glass and poured the drink for her. She then poured herself one before kneeling on the bed next to Lucy. "I'm sorry if I've embarrassed myself with everyone this evening," she began, idly fidgeting with her necklace as she spoke. "I know what i saw is not supposed to affect me so much, not when everyone else in our family is so strong. I could see how mum looked at me earlier. She expects me to just accept that I not only saw a dead man's body, but I was also covered in his blood. How am I suppose to just ignore that?" she asked, before knocking back some of the wine.

Sinead then groaned and took Lucy's hand. "This is nothing like our old chats!" she observed. She allowed herself to smile again and try to change the subject. "Please, tell me what you've been up to. Have you found yourself a handsome man yet? I bet you have!" she teased. "Oh, Luce. You should come to The Whistler one time. I will make sure you have the best table in the club," she enthusiastically suggested. "Even dad wants to be there one evening."

Foxy Foxy

Danny

“Emmet Sullivan…” Danny managed to display a cocky, unworried smile as he shouldered his rifle. With a single wave of his hand, boy-teen-looking-Maite disappeared behind the freight, along with Martzel. “Strange seeing you out this late…” His eyes whipped to his side, trying to see where his backup resided. “We don’t want any trouble…” Just then, cop cars turned around the corner and sped towards them. “Shit...you...you did this didn’t you!” He turned angrily towards the Sullivan and poked at him pointedly. “Fuck you, Sullivan!” He raised his rifle slightly, but before he could get anywhere close to shooting the bastard, a shot rang out, grazing his neck and causing him to fall backwards, blinking spots away as Martzel began dragging him back into the Plymouth. “Where...where…”

“Drive, Ander drive!” Martzel shouted as he shot out of the back window at the oncoming police. The Sullivans had disappeared from sight, and the Twins had been shot with one bullet.

Maite

She was in incredible pain, unable to think straight. All she knew is that when she heard the gunshot, she had blinked and suddenly there was a bloody mark in her shoulder. Danny had been dragged into the back seat. It hadn’t hit her, but had caught a good bit of her shoulder. She could feel blood oozing from the wound into her shirt, but she was mostly focused on Danny and the others.

“Shit! Sullivan set it up, didn’t he?”

“We don’t know that.” Martzel whispered under his breath. Ander looked behind him, now pleased with his getaway from the cops.

“Either way we just freaking lost a major load...fuck...that was $200 worth of explosives…” Ander’s breath was raspy as the turned quickly down another road. A long night for the Azarolas.

Foxy Foxy Misty Gray Misty Gray Trignome Trignome

Emmet Sullivan
Everything happened so quickly Emmet could barely process it. In but a few short minutes the cops had arrived, and the Romano associates had scurried home at the sound of a gunshot. He watched them bolt, a smile on his lips. It wasn't the plan he'd envisioned, but it had worked out in his favor. As he saw the lights flashing from behind the buildings, Emmet slunk into the shadows, cracking open his barrel and removing the shells, pocketing them with one hand and pulling out a cigarette with the other. Fairly far back from the shipment, he and James would make an easy escape from the cops, their sirens so loud Emmet confidently called for James, sticking to the shadows to creep back into the car, immediately shoving his sawed off shotgun under the seat and a pistol in the glove box. He hadn't seen James, and hoped he'd be joining him soon. While leaving would be fairly easy, if they got caught Emmet wanted to be as far from the shipment as possible. While there was no way the police could tie whatever was in the boxes to him, he didn't want to take any chances, and wanted the benefit of the doubt from the cops, should they get caught. As he waited, impatient but not nervous, Emmet watched the small army of cops emerge from their vehicles. Looking down, he realized he had an unlit cigarette in his hand still, and ducking below the windshield, he lit it with one flick of his lighter, keeping the light from shining in the darkness and arising suspicions from anyone who might have been watching.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

giphy.gif
Interaction: Misty Gray Misty Gray
Mentioned: Enzyme Enzyme
Actions: Upstairs unpacking her bags

Gianna hoped that tomorrow after church she can make a nice dinner for everyone. She wants everyone to be here for dinner and sit as a family, including Giovanni. Gianna was still going to watch Giovanni very closely and Alena just to make sure that she isn't going crazy in this house when she sees or hears something about either one of them. Gianna hasn't said anything to husband yet about her suspicions and she prefers to keep it that, she would hate to see Giovanni's guts all over the floor or Alena in tears if her allegations are correct. Gianna made her way to the draw where she put everything back into the draw. She mostly packed dresses and heels since that is what she wears half of the time.

Speaking of the devil, Vinnie walks in. "You know I hate it when you smoke," Gianna said since she knew of the health risks and she can't image spending a whole eternity alone without her partner in crime. "The trip was as any other trip, bittersweet," Gianna said to her husband as she put the suitcase away when she was done with unpacking. Gianna began to get undressed, and she could feel the atmosphere becoming more and more relaxed. She had a way of making Vinnie calm and he had the same affect on her. Gianna smiled,"I have missed you more than you have missed me." She whispers to him as she walks closer to him and wraps her arms around his neck. Gianna placed a kiss on his lips,"How do you do it? You seem to amaze me every day, I'm glad I married you." She tells him as a single stream of salty liquid flowed down her right cheek.

Last edited:
James Porter
149626757213481-png.316743
As James tried to listen to what the muffled voices of Emmet and Danny were saying, he could hear the sirens were getting closer. The potential presence of the cops disturbed him slightly, but not enough for him to lose focus. Then, the police cars came into view and Danny appeared to raise his rifle. Without hesitation, James fired a shot at the man before any harm could come to Emmet. Although Martzel began dragging Danny away, James kept his gun trained on them, ensuring his boss was covered should anyone else try to take a shot.

Once he was certain Emmet was out of the way of the Romanos associates and the cops, James only then lowered his firearm and thought about getting back to his car. To say there'd been so many murders that evening, the CPD sure hadn't held back on sending out so many cops. Hearing Emmet call his name among the loud sirens, James smirked to himself and returned to the car a slightly different way to how he'd left it, so as to remain hidden from the now more illuminated area.

James approached the vehicle from behind and calmly opened the door so as to not startle Emmet. When he'd slid into the driver's side, he quietly and carefully closed the door. He looked to his boss with a serious and perhaps disappointed expression on his face. "I apologise. I missed..." he admitted, tossing his guns onto the back seat. Whilst the bullet had caught Danny, the intention had been to kill him. But he did manage to take a positive away from the situation. "Still, at least they've lost out on the goods too," he noted, with a grin.

James then started the car engine but kept the headlights off as he began reversing in the opposite direction to the cops, all the way up the straight and narrow backstreet between the buildings. Once they were out onto a quiet street, James switched the headlights on and began driving them back to the Sullivans home. "Who knew the CPD could spare so many cops and still fail," he remarked.

Maxilgal Maxilgal Foxy Foxy

Vincenzo Romano

Vinnie flashed a small smile when Gianna berated him for smoking. "Sorry... my bad," he playfully replied. The way he saw it, he could be murdered or arrested at any time, so he wasn't afraid of the slow-burning risks of smoking. When his wife wrapped her arms around him, Vinnie placed his hands on her hips as they kissed. He remembered when they first met and their marriage was arranged. It had taken some time for Gianna to warm to her new husband, but he was glad he'd remained patient and she eventually fell in love with him. "My love, it's you who amazes me. I think I'm the one who shoudl be glad to have married you," he softly corrected her. He caught her tear with his thumb and smiled as he stepped back. "Come on, let's get some rest. It's late," he suggested.

sprouhtt sprouhtt

Last edited:

MV5BMTkzNTkyODk5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjU2OTM4Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy watched her sister as she basically poured her thoughts out on the ground for her to see. It unnerved Lucy to see her sister think in such a way, the panic in her eyes was fueling the fire growing in her chest. Lucy smiled slightly and nodded her head in thanks as she moved the now full glass to her lips and took a long drink. Lucy's heart ached as her little sister talked about the way their mother looked at her. She was upset about it, confused as to why mother was shutting her out.
Sinead was definitely allowed to feel however she wanted to about the family business. Lucy was just about to tell her sister just that when she suddenly changed the subject to something on the lighter side. That smile that she always loved returned to her sisters face and made herself smile warmly.What exactly had she been up to? Well, she didn't exactly want to say where she would spend most of her time. Most of her time was spent at the Burlesque, a newfound hobby of hers. Dancing had been a passion of hers since she was younger, since she didn't have a beautiful singing voice like Sinead. But as a self made woman, she wanted to make her own money and support herself. So she took up a job as a burlesque dancer and enjoys it. "Oh nothing much really," She started and took a long sip of her drink. A handsome man? Her thoughts went back to James and a small smirk played on her lips. "Oh and no man, I really don't see the appeal in marriage or relationships." It was true, she wasn't one to pine over being someone's wife. She would rather do what she wanted when she wanted to do it. She had a mind and voice of her own and she always planned on using it. "I would love to come hear you sing." She admired and smiled widely for her sister. Her voice was gorgeous and Lucy could say that she was a bit envious, but she adored her sister too much to ever really be jealous. "I could go with daddy!"

Emmet Sullivan
As soon as Emmet heard the door handle move, his shoulders relaxed. He'd been hoping James was alright in all that chaos, and had suspected it was him who shot at the Azarolas.
At James's admittance, Emmet raised a hand, waving away the young man's words.
"You did excellently." He mused, blue eyes twinkling in the dimly lit darkness. "Caused a distraction. And it was probably better off you missed. Now the only thing the cops have to work with is a sound and maybe some blood. This would be harder to clean up if there had been a body too."
Looking from James to the Romano's shipment, he smiled.
"We'd have won wether or not we got the shipment." As he spoke, his eyes focused on the cops at the scene, noting their movements. As James started the car, Emmet checked the weaponry in the back, making sure it was decently secured and hidden.
Once they hit the street and the headlights were on, Emmet took one last long drag of his cigarette, blowing smoke out the window before dropping it on the street.
"Misdirection seems to be the game when playing with cops." While Emmet didn't particularly like cops, his brief stint in the military had taught him that when it came to many matters, the upside was being a criminal. People like him didn't have to play by the rules, and the CPD had to watch where they stepped. Emmet had avoided CPD run ins by being an upstanding citizen; keeping his boots clean and his record cleaner. This particular event, though, was a good example of how piss poor a mass number of cops worked together. As they pulled into the driveway at home, Emmet quickly climbed out of the car, retrieving his handgun from the glove box and shotgun from under the seat.
Bending down to look at James through the passenger door, he smiled again.
"Good work. I'm exhausted though. You're welcome to crash on the couch if you so choose to."
With that, Emmet turned heel, flinging the door open and marching up to his bedroom without a moment to spare. He'd have liked to see Luca before bed, but he wasn't around, and Emmet decided quickly it was better off to speak the next day anyway. Once he'd trudged into his room, Emmet slid the shotgun quietly under the bed, putting both handguns on his bedside table before washing up and undressing, donning his plain blue pajamas. He was nowhere near finished with the Romano's, but at least this was a start, and he could sleep at least a little that night. He'd missed Shannon, but heart heavy with the events that had transpired, decided that it was best to let it go and address it when things settled down a bit. Climbing into bed, Emmet yawned, and with his face in the pillow, one arm hanging over the edge, he crashed quickly, soft snoring muffled by the pillow.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Chapter 2: Forgiveness, Justice and Revenge
Sunday 2nd September 1948.

The Sullivans
Sinead Sullivan
e54b6fd2ae5de133d9c5fa7d0b4e2a0e.jpg
Sinead had spent the best time catching up with Lucy but the two eventually retreated to their owns beds to try catch some sleep. Sinead had been laid awake in bed for a time before Conor returned home and fell asleep on her bedroom floor. Whilst she had told him he didn't need to, his comforting presence was the reason she managed to eventually fall asleep. When she woke up in the morning, Conor told her what had happened to her apartment and that she wouldn't be going back. Sinead was both angry and upset to hear what Vinnie's men had done to her home. As much as she hated them for what they had done, she didn't need Conor to tell her not to mention the Italians to the cops when they came to question her. Her family would be in more trouble if she broke the code of silence the gangs were all so fond of. After Conor had left to get himself ready and go out wherever he was going this time, Sinead got herself ready for the day. She was glad she was in the company of her family, just like the old days.

Before any breakfast had even been made, Officer Lockwood came to the house to question Sinead. She'd been lucky that one of the cops who got along with Conor had interviewed her as he was much nicer than some of his colleagues could have been. Although frustrated, Lockwood had no choice but to accept the lack of information Sinead gave him and that she didn't need or want any help from the CPD. She hated the thought of lying, especially under the same roof as her parents, but she hadn't seen anyone commit the acts aimed at her so really anything she could have said about the Romanos was technically speculation. But she knew it was them and she hated Vinnie for all of it.

After the police officer had left, Sinead made her way into the kitchen and offered to make breakfast for the family.

Shannon Sullivan
shan.PNG When Shannon woke the next morning, she remembered she was back home in her own bed and with her husband. With a smile on her face, she turned to face Emmet and kissed him on the lips. "Good morning, Mr Sullivan," she greeted him. She knew the day would get more serious from the minute they got out of bed, so she took a moment to enjoy their peace and quiet.

Shannon eventually forced herself out of bed so she could get dressed for the day ahead. As she finished dressing, she looked out of the window to see the police car parking up on their driveway. She and Emmet made they way downstairs so they could be present whilst Office Lockwood questioned Sinead about previous night's events. She was pleased to know her daughter didn't tell the cop anything. She hoped Sinead would come out of this with more strength, rather than regressing into a scared child.

James Porter

After driving Emmet back to the house after easily evading the police, James crashed out on one of the Sullivans sofas. He didn't fall asleep, instead listening out until it appeared everyone had gone to bed for the night. He then used his stealthiness to sneak upstairs and join Lucy in the guest bedroom. It was a risk, but he really couldn't resist the beautiful woman's charm...

Foxy Foxy Bellz Bellz Yoshiro Yoshiro

The Romanos
Vincenzo Romano
giphy.gif The next day, Vinnie was up bright and early so he could make breakfast for the family and have everyone ready in time for church. He knew some of his family and senior gang memebrs didn't enjoy going to church, but that made him invite them even more just to find humour in their annoyance. Fortuna, Angel and Maite were all asked to attend church with the family too. Whether they wanted to go or not, they would end up having to go so they could talk business once the service was over with. Alex had been the only one who'd managed to provide Vinnie with a valid, albeit false, reason for not joining the family. He also hoped Alena was going to wear something more conservative to go to church in.

Vinnie stood by the entrance to the church with Angel and Fortuna by his side, as he looked out for Maite to arrive. As he waited, he remembered what Maite had said the night before, so he turned to Angel and smirked a little. "I almost forgot to ask a favour of you. Maite seems to think you've been coming on to Jona. I have more important things to think about, so is there any chance you could keep your distance from the young woman? I don't think I could bear to hear about it again," he said, making it clear he wasn't taking it very seriously.

What Vinnie was taking seriously was the information he'd received about the mess that had been made of the shipment of explosives. The Azarolas had a lot of explaining to do.

Maxilgal Maxilgal sprouhtt sprouhtt Foxy Foxy Mooriot Mooriot Enzyme Enzyme @Maiza Avaro

Chicago Police Department
Sergeant Matthew Hunter

The atmosphere in the CPD that morning was a frosty and stressful one. As Matthew sorted through statements taken from witnesses of the various murders from the previous evening, he could feel his head pounding. With the murders at the Whistler, the bakery and the apartment block, the only thing bringing any sort of cheer to the department was getting their own hands on the illegal shipment of explosives.

Jonathan, Benjamin and Dylan had a lot of work to get through, but they would likely enjoy every minute of working through it together!

Trignome Trignome Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman MattS MattS

Chicago Port
Luca had been informed about a potential new member of the Sullivan gang who could certainly prove useful to the family in their plans to recruit more people to their side. James Nugent had fled Ireland the previous year and Luca had recently been informed by their mutual friend that he had skills that would be highly beneficial in helping take the Romanos down.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Mick's Diner
Conor Sullivan
Untitled.png
Conor had told Sinead about her apartment when he woke that morning and she was unsurprisingly shaken by it all. When he gave her the things he'd retrieved from her place, she was cheered up a little by the thought her brother had put into making sure he brought her favourite dresses to her. He'd told her before not to underestimate his fashion sense and here she was proven wrong. Obviously he teased her about that.

Once he'd left his sister, he went to his own room to get dressed, putting a little more effort into it than he would normally have done, for reasons he couldn't tell his family. He didn't give anyone chance to realise he was heading out and he was driving away from the house before anyone could notice.

After checking in on the Emerald, he made his way to Mick's Diner so he could meet Alex there. He wasn't so sure she would turn up if she'd learned anything about what her father had done. Conor wouldn't hold it against Alex if she'd decided he was too dangerous to be meeting up with, given the fact their families were now bitterly at war. Regardless, he would give her chance to show up and make sure nobody hassled her if she was seen in a typically Irish-friendly establishment. He leaned against the front of the diner as he kept an eye out of the pretty young woman.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

M MiladySolo TofuMafia TofuMafia

James is sitting on top of some luggage with a guitar case on his lap he has just made it to town and he is trying not to attract much attention... Yet he knew he needed to have a place to lay low and someone watching his back before he started doing any jobs his new bosses wanted him to do, who knows he may even earn some money to send back to Ireland. He is softly singing an old Irish folk song and playing with a butterfly knife in his right hand in order to pass the time.

"Sure, a little bit o' Heaven fell from out of the sky one day
And nestled on the ocean in a spot so far away
And the angels found it, sure it looked so sweet and fair
They said suppose we leave it, for it looks so peaceful there!
So they sprinkled it with star dust, just to make the shamrocks grow

'Tis the only place you'll find them
No matter where you go
Then they dotted it with silver
To make its lakes so grand
And when they had it finished
Sure they called it Ireland!"

He laughs as he finishes and looks around again trying to see if he can spot the people we needed to get in contact with

Last edited:
selena-gomez-2015-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Alex woke up the next morning to realise she was still wearing her clothes from the night before. She sighed as she sat up, luckily there was no headache or hangover from the wine last night. She sat on her bed for a few minutes to fully wake up before making her way into the bathroom to shower and wash her teeth. Once finished she towel dried her hair and left it to sit in its natural slight waves before walking into her wardrobe to pick her clothes. She decided too not go to fancy, especially since she was supposed to be in work. After picking and re-picking clothes she decided on a black jumper and trousers. Alex grabbed her cigarettes and purse before leaving the house and making her way towards Micks dinner.
She was nervous as hell but tried her best to stay confidant, after what he dad had done, Alex knew this was a very dangerous trip. One that most certainly could not end well for her if Conor used her as his pawn. As Alex arrived at Micks diner she saw Conor standing outside and couldnt help the smile that took over her lips, the thoughts of their families fading entirely from her mind.
"Morning" she said in greeting as she came to a stop in front of him.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

48dd431887798ebddf3bdc2da577b017.jpg

Luca sighed as he woke up at 5am, something he always did everyday, slowly getting up and heading to go take a shower. When he was done, he changed into his usual suit, heading over to the drawer and getting his car keys. He would had gotten his usual morning coffee or drink at the Pub but he knew he had a job to do and that was to go pick up the newbie. Someone who he had been in contact, so that he could join them, heck even Emmett knew about him. He signed again before heading to his car.

Luca had to go look around town, trying to find him. Something that was kinda difficult mostly because he wasn't sure how he looked. It was twenty minutes later that Luca decided to stop the car and smoke a cigar, something he didn't have time to do in morning. Just as he was lighting it, he saw some guy who had a guitar beside while playing with a knife, and standing on top of some luggage. He decided to walk and lean on the wall beside him, lighting the cigar and offering him one."So you're the new James coming to town?" He asked before smirking. "Names Luca D'angelo, you the guy I'm looking for?" He questioned him.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Maite

Maite wasn’t going to church. After last night, Danny had a large welt growing on the back of his head but Maite, on closer inspection of her shoulder, was in bad shape. While the bullet had not hit her shoulder directly, it had splintered into her arm and left a nasty wound. Jona had spent all night removing fragments and trying to bandage it up. Maite had stayed quiet, face white as a sheet, all night. She merely gritted her teeth while her arm was wrapped up and put in a sling.

“You have to go to Church…” Danny had been by her side since he had awoken. “Vinnie expects an Azarola...so we have to send an Azarola…”

“Go Danny. Martzel and I will stay home…” Jona patted him warmly as she cleaned up a spot of blood that had dripped down her arm. He nodded, and not even changed from the night before, took Terese by the hand and walked with her and Ander, past a sleeping Lloyd, to church.

Danny

The two adults didn’t speak, with Danny simply smoking on the walk. Terese skipped back and forth between the puddles from last night’s rain. It was so strange to Danny how carefree Terese seemed. She’d be starting school tomorrow and she was so excited. She would tell anyone who would listen she’d be starting school. She already knew French, Basque, and a good amount of English, she could read a little, and could even sign her name. It was shaky and her z’s were a little wonky, but they were hers. It made him feel so proud inside, but when they reached St. Ignatius Roman Catholic Church, Danny’s stomach dropped.

“Ander...take Terese inside,” he whispered in French.

“You’ll be alright? Ok…” He took Terese by the hand and they hurried up the stairs into the large stone building. Danny slowly approached, trying to think of what to say.

“Good morning, Vinnie, Ms. Fortuna...Angel…”

Misty Gray Misty Gray @Maiza Avaro Enzyme Enzyme Foxy Foxy

Misty Gray Misty Gray
It was pretty late by the time Lucy heard a knock on her door. Actually, it was early. Almost 5 am. She smirked lightly and set the book she was reading on the bed before getting up and walking over to the door. Opening it, she was greeted by just who she was expecting. "James." She murmured lightly in greeting before opening the door wider for him to step through. Looking out into the hall, she made sure that he wasn't followed before shutting the door behind him. "Thank you for coming at such an early hour, I know you must be tired." She said with a small pout on her lips. Her demeanor completely changing as they stood alone in the room. When her family was awake and around the house, she wouldn't dare act so boldly in this man's presence. But luckily for her they weren't awake. Her pout turned into a small smile before moving to sit back down on the bed. "Things with my father went well?" She questioned as she picked up the book once more and glanced at the page she had been reading a few moments earlier.

Running a hand through her blonde locks, she sighed and shut the book before adjusting herself farther back on the bed, crossing her arms.
"I have a few connections on how to get information on Monte, and no before you ask, they are not connections of my fathers. I have made a few allies of my own just in case." Lucy always wanted to make sure that she had reinforcements if her family went down for whatever reason. "Getting him where I want him...that might be the trickiest part here...Covering it all up will seem easy."

James Porter
james.png
A small grin was present on James' face as he stepped into the blonde's room. "Lucy..." he casually acknowledged her. As she sat back on her bed, he leaned against the dressing table, facing her directly as they spoke. "I guess I'm a little tired, but sometimes you have to sacrifice a little sleep to get what you desire," he noted. "Things went well enough. The Romanos have made a loss, and there'll be plenty more of those to come," he assured her.

As she ran her hand through her hair, James found his mind and eyes briefly wandering, once again taking in her undeniable beauty. He was brought out of such thoughts when she continued to talk business. "Which allies? Can they be trusted?" he asked, the concern evident in his serious voice. If he was going to go behind Emmet's back on this, he'd make damn sure Lucy wouldn't be at any risk. "What are you planning, Lucy?"

Bellz Bellz

Vincenzo Romano

As Danny and the others approached, Vinnie noticed the distinct lack of Maite. When Danel approached alone, he checked to make sure the only people in earshot were Romanos members and no innocent bystanders could stumble into trouble. "Good morning, Danel. Is Maite not joining us today?" he asked, in a flat tone. He wasn't about to waste time by dancing around the subject. "I've been told you all had trouble with one of the shipments and you're going have to find a new collection point for a while, with the cops onto this." He straightened out his jacket and cleared his throat. "What the Hell happened, Danel? I understand it was supposed to be a routine, straightforward pickup. And why isn't Maite here?" he asked, clearly unhappy with the whole situation.

Maxilgal Maxilgal

Conor Sullivan
untitled-png.318834
As he saw Alex approaching, Conor couldn't help but send a friendly smile in her direction. He'd managed to maintain his 100% record of never being stood up by a girl. "Good morning, Alex," he pleasantly greeted her. He stepped over to the door and pulled it open for her to enter the diner before him. He briefly scanned the outside area to make sure nobody had followed them. He then joined Alex, very briefly placing his hand on her back as he led her to an empty table out of the way. The diner was pretty quiet, but he still preferred them to sit out of the way of prying eyes.

Once in their seats, Conor looked to Alex and admired her soft features. He'd been worried he wouldn't be able to look her in the eyes after what her family had done to Sinead. He'd feared he'd find himself unable to speak to her in anything resembling a kind tone. Thankfully, all of that was pushed to the back of his mind, especially as he reminded himself she was Sinead's age and possibly nothing like her awful family. "I'm glad you could make it, Alex. Our previous evening got cut short far too early," he said, referring to Girogio's intervention. "I couldn't just let you slip by without getting to know you a little. I've sen you outside the Emerald a few times and couldn't help but wonder why?" he said, whilst giving her a flirty wink.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

View attachment 318862

Luca sighed as he woke up at 5am, something he always did everyday, slowly getting up and heading to go take a shower. When he was done, he changed into his usual suit, heading over to the drawer and getting his car keys. He would had gotten his usual morning coffee or drink at the Pub but he knew he had a job to do and that was to go pick up the newbie. Someone who he had been in contact, so that he could join them, heck even Emmett knew about him. He signed again before heading to his car.

Luca had to go look around town, trying to find him. Something that was kinda difficult mostly because he wasn't sure how he looked. It was twenty minutes later that Luca decided to stop the car and smoke a cigar, something he didn't have time to do in morning. Just as he was lighting it, he saw some guy who had a guitar beside while playing with a knife, and standing on top of some luggage. He decided to walk and lean on the wall beside him, lighting the cigar and offering him one."So you're the new James coming to town?" He asked before smirking. "Names Luca D'angelo, you the guy I'm looking for?" He questioned him.

Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

James smiles seeing someone walking towards him before leaning next to him and offering him a cigar. James puts his hand out to turn the cigar down before speaking his Irish accent comeing out heavy. "Sorry mate I don't smoke. But ya odds are unless their is another sad Éireannaigh (Irishmen) around I am the guy. Anyway Luca nice to meet you I'm James Nugent but you can call me lucky. So when do I get to meet my new ceannasaí (chief) I want to see if I can be helpful to him."

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy looked James up and down with a small smile before speaking. "I'm just thinking that Monte needs a taste of his own medicine. I figured since you seem to have some sort of bad history with him that you would know weaknesses." She grabbed a nail filer from her bedside table and looked down at her perfectly manicured fingers. "I plan on making him feel like my poor little sister did tonight, possibly even worse than that." She said as she brought the file down on her index finger nail and filed away at it. Biting her lip in concentration, she chuckled slightly at his concern. It pleased her that he would be protective over her, whether that was because they had some sort of connection was not yet clear. He was most likely doing it because she was his bosses daughter.

"I'm looking to you, because you are one of my father's best and you know your way around with weapons and such. And these allies are just girlfriends of mine, Monte has his way with the women and it is not surprising that my friends become a little fling with him." Her face was painted with obvious disgust as she thought about what her friends might have done with the eldest Romano sibling, but she didn't want to know. "They can be trusted, I assure you. But I need your expertise in order to really hurt him."Looking at her nail once, she pursed her lips and blew on it before swinging her legs over the bed and walking towards him. "Does that sound like something you could do for me?"

Alex smiled to herself as they walked over to a seat at the back. She noted it was perfectly situated that they could see the entrance and a bit of the street but they themselves couldn't be seen. She looked at Conor and smiled a genuine smile at him, all thoughts of her family and her fear from early washed away.
She laughed slightly at his comment about last night "ah I wouldn't miss this, especially with the good recommendation, I just hope its worth my while" she said in a flirtatious and playful manner, biting her bottom lip.
She blushed at his comment about her being seen outside the Irish pub. A twinkle in her eye appeared as she spoke in yet again a flirtatious manner "I walked by one day and liked what I say, as I said the view is much better over there" she winked.
Alex sat forward crossing her arms on the table "tell me something about yourself?"

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Luca had to raise an eyebrow as the guy refused the cigar. It was rare for him to share it, so it kinda felt insulting, but it was whatever, he did and it was all in the past. "Well get your things in my car, we have a long way to get to the Sullivan household and I'm sure Emmet would like to meet you, Jim." He had to find a way to differentiate James one and New James, so for now he was gonna call him Jim until he had a better nickname for him. "Andiamo mio amico." He made the motion for him to follow, as he started to walk toward his car. Now that he though about it, maybe he should buy another one.
Samurai Jay Samurai Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back