• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Finn Sullivan
15e05282dc7e8f6d63b0f4a89cb7846f--liam-hemsworth.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion Enzyme Enzyme
Finn followed Conor into the kitchen and stayed in the doorway to watch for anyone that could potentially by coming into the room. He watched as Conor worked to get the butter off of the ring when Sinead suddenly appeared in the room. His face paled as he realized that she might be able to see the ring and tried to distract her. "No dishes!" Finn said a little too quickly as he jumped into distraction action. "He's just washing his hands..because.." Why would he be washing his hands? Did he have to give a reason? His mind went into panic and for the first time in a long time, the lingering impending doom that he felt over his head was no more, the nerves and excitement of keeping secrets took over and he was ready to defend it with his life.

But when Maggie walked into the room and also waited for an answer, he paled again. A small smile came to his lips as Maggie called him teddy, a nickname he hadn't heard in a long time. Scratching the back of his head, he gave a nervous laugh before looking to Conor."He's just washing his hands! Like I said! Can't a man wash his hands without the women being curious." He tried to sound exasperated about it, but he was having a hard time staying in character. He hoped the girls would leave it alone. James didn't want anyone else to see the ring, and Finn was trying hard to make sure it wouldn't happen.

Lucy Sullivan
621b0f22f5da12afae7cc9a9b5e018f0--amber-heard-amanda-heard.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy smiled to her mother and nodded her head. "More than okay." She murmured softly to her mother before leading the way into the house towards a more private room for them all to discuss the matters of James' family.

When James entered the room, Lucy tried to read his face, seeing if he would reveal anything of what he was feeling through it. Lucy took a seat in one of the chairs and watched as James began to state the situation per her mother's request. Her eyes moved to lock on her mothers, she could see the familiar tightening of her jaw, something that Lucy never took as a good sign. It was something her mother did when she knew things were about to get sticky. When her mother told him to forget about the pictures, Lucy's brows shot up in surprise. It was certainly the last thing she would have thought her mother would say on this situation.

The urgency in James' voice showed just how serious he was about learning the truth. Her heart broke at his words. Despite him always reassuring her that he was okay, she was sure in this moment he wasn't. His eyes met hers and she made sure to reassure him with her eyes, backing him up if he were to need it. Her mother confirmed that Rayna was his mother....but the news that came after made the blood drain from Lucy's face quickly.

Lucy was stunned into silence as James gave an awkward laugh, definitely not believing what her mother had just said to them. James looked to Lucy, for some sort of back up and she turned to her mother. Her mouth opened...but soon shut quickly. The words were having a hard time formulating. But that didn't stop her thoughts from racing. She couldn't understand why this was just coming out, why James wasn't allowed to know about this. Taking a deep breath, she spoke. "James love..."It was hard for her to say it, she really wanted to deny it...the look on her mother's face was hard to read to most people, but she could see that she was serious. "She's not lying to you." She whispered softly, looking at her mother for a moment longer before turning to face James. Her face said everything that she was feeling for him, sadness, sympathy and anger that this was all kept in secret.​

Sinead Sullivan and Conor Sullivan

ghjdj-png.362952
ghgj-png.362438

Conor had sped up cleaning the ring when he heard Sinead's voice. He thought his sister was sweet and adorable, but she was damn persistent when she wanted to be.

"Of course a guy can wash his hands. Don't be so defensive," Sinead said, sticking her tongue out at Finn. She grinned at Maggie, finding Finn's response amusing. "Well, I'm having another glass of wine," she decided, not giving Finn chance to stop her as she brushed past him to grab a clean glass. Conor had just managed to return the ring into the box and slide it into his trouser pocket when Sinead popped up alongside him. With his hands still wet, he flicked some of the excess water into his sister's face to distract her. "CONOR! You jerk!" she yelled, but the bright smile on her face showed she was actually amused.

Leaving Sinead to pour the wine, Conor walked over to Maggie and Finn, giving the lad a smile which he should take as confirmation everything with the ring was now sorted. "Is that for me?" he asked Maggie, pointing to the gift she was holding. Once she handed it over to him, he removed the bow and playfully placed it onto Finn's head. He then ripped through the paper to reveal the camera she'd got for him. "Oh, Maggie," he said, clearly impressed with the gift. "This is excellent. I don't know what to say..." he said, his voice full of sincerity. "Thank you, love," he added. He set the camera down nearby before pulling Maggie in for a cosy Conor hug.
myst.erion myst.erion Bellz Bellz

Olivia Svensson
c-gk-png.362165

Olivia slid into the bathroom and closed the door behind herself. She leaned against the wall as she lifted her top slightly to check the dressing over her wound to make sure it wasn't bleeding. She was relieved to find it wasn't and it had just been the pain of stretching her stitches when she moved. Once sorted, she placed her attention on Athena and wasn't surprised to see she'd been crying. She placed a gentle hand on the young woman's shoulder and looked to her face. "What happened, Athena?" she softly asked. "I'm pretty sure this has something to do with Leo and the fact he isn't here. The only thing I'm confused about is what he could have done to upset you? He doesn't seem like the type to break hearts."
Lamia Lamia

Shannon Sullivan and James Porter
hbkjhb-png.363143
juhjhb.png

Lucy was unable to give James the response he was hoping for. When she assured him Shannon was telling the truth, he knew he couldn't deny it. He leaned forward, hiding his face in his hands and resting his elbows on his knees. This was not the kind of response he was expecting. It had been shocking enough to see a photograph of his mother, but to find out she was - or is - a Romano sickened him. After everything that family had done... The Romanos killed Ronan and Emmet. He himself was persistently targeted in jail and scarred by those working for the Romanos. Vinnie had tortured him and Lucy. He'd had the same done to Conor and Finn, leaving mental scars that would likely never go away. The Romanos had taken so much from Sinead. Everyone under this roof right now had been seriously affected by the Romano family. In his eyes, they were deplorable, evil scum and now James had found he shared the same blood as Vinnie Romano himself. It made him feel sick to be in his own skin.

James, removed his hands from in front of his face, his cheeks now red as he felt his skin burning up. "Why am I only just finding out now. Didn't anyone think it was important to tell me?" he asked, trying to hide the anger from his voice, but failing.

"Here's why-" Shannon began, sitting up straight and keeping her voice firm. She understood James was angry, but she wasn't going to sugar coat it. "Your mother walked out on Ronan because she was selfish and weak. She broke your father's heart and abandoned the both of you." She took a deep breath. "Ronan made Emmet and me promise to never mention her name again, to never tell you about her. You deserved better than the Romanos. When Vinnie had your father killed, we knew more than ever you couldn't know the truth. Even ten years ago, you hated the Romanos and we'd always promised Ronan we'd keep the secret. You've always been a Porter and a Sullivan - nothing less," she reassured him. "You've only recently started to believe it, but you've always been a apart of this family, James."

"You should have told me," James shot back. He looked to Lucy, his face filled with guilt. She'd lost her father and had her loved ones hurt by people James was related to. He had to wonder how she could ever look at him the same again. How would any of her siblings and cousins look at him? "I'm so sorry, Lucy. If I'd have known... I'd have stayed away..." he apologised, his eyes filling with tears.
Bellz Bellz

Nikolai Kuztnesov

IMG_1024.JPG

Nikolai nodded, interlocking his fingers in front of his nose. His eyes shifted to the table as he thought, letting the final statement sit. He looked back up to Vinnie. "Okay." Nikolai stood up, his large figure dominating the table. "If you ever need me, you won't have to look far." As he moved closer to the light, it illuminated the predominant scar on his eye. He adjusted the cuff links on his wrists, releasing a sigh. He looked to his armed comrades, letting silence fill the void before nodding. One of the gangsters placed the pin back on the record player, resuming the music. They all moved out as a unit, simultaneously disappearing as silent and mysterious as they arrived.

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

giphy (3).gif

As the Russians left, Angel moved out of the shadows of the hallway behind where the gangsters were. He was gripping the Swedish pistol low, by his wait, looking to where the Russians had just exited. He then looked to Lorenzo, the closest to second-in-command they had, before Vinnie. "So that's that, then." He moved to the table, laying the pistol down flat. He continued to take a seat, acknowledging the silence that was held at the table.

"I guess that's a good friend to have." Angel shrugged. He began to fill his plate, shaking his head to himself. "Hey, if it ends the war," Angel muttered.His opinion on the war hadn't changed. He still enjoyed the process and was almost disappointed to hear it might actually come to an end. He suddenly raised his shoulders and looked to the front window. "What the hell happened to our security?"

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia neverbackdown neverbackdown @ReverseWells

Vincenzo Romano
74827bb02f2e4171bbbc7a5a02144d93-jpg.362162

Vinnie watched Nikolai as he got to his feet and simply nodded his head as he said he'd know where to look if he needed him. Once the music was set off playing again, Vinnie focused back on dinner and grabbed himself a slab of meat, cutting into it and taking a bite. He figured the Russians could see themselves out as they'd had no trouble letting themselves in.

Vinnie only just now decided to acknowledge his cousin's question. "Ah, it's just business, Rayna. Unless you mean with Athena and Olivia. In which case, one split up her boyfriend and the other got stabbed, but they'll live," he told her. He worried for both young women, but he answered Rayna's question casually so as not to worry her too. He then took another bite of his food. He looked to Angel as the man moved back to the table and listened to the his words about the war ending. Vinnie then glanced to the front window. "Please, go outside and find out," he told Angel, upon hearing him ask what had happened to their security.

Vinnie took a deep breath and folded his arms, looking around at each person sat at the table. His kids, his cousins and Angel. "Does anyone have a problem with what just happened with our Russian friends?" he asked, inviting them to speak up. "Please, I'm all ears."
neverbackdown neverbackdown Lamia Lamia @ReverseWells Enzyme Enzyme

Nicolo and Alexandra Romano
nick-jonas-2014-billboard-650.jpg

5NfENkYA.jpg

Nicolo watched as Olivia excused herself, the look of pain did not pass him but he decided to bring that up again at a later time, right now he was happy that she had left the room, incase this turned into a fight.
When the Russians left, Nicolo and Alex breathed a sigh of relief, they had both been worried something was going to kick off but thankfully their father had been on his best behaviour. When Angel mentioned the guards, Nicolo also turned to look at the window "yeah thats very strange" he commented in response.

Alex looked to her father when he asked if anyone had a problem with the Russians and she gave a half smile "would it surprise you that I do" she questioned him. She heard Nicolo snort beside her "when do you not have a problem" he questioned her to which Alex flicked his ear "I am not talking to you Nicolo" she hissed before turning back to her father.
"You dont actually trust them do you?" She asked her father in a calm tone "because they are definitely up to something and my guess is that they'll get us to kill the Sullivans and then they'll kill us" she stated. Alex knew for certain the Russians had attacked Olivia and Leo but she couldnt explain how she knew that and so she couldnt prove to her father that the Russians are not friends of theirs.
Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia @ReverseWells Enzyme Enzyme

Finn Sullivan

Finn's smile was wide as could be until he realized that he hadn't gotten anything for his cousin. The smile faded slowly wondered what the hell he was even thinking. He knew that Conor's birthday was coming up and yet he still didn't ask anyone to go out for him a get something. Biting his lip, he sighed watching the exchange between his sister and Conor. Once they had finished, Finn offered Conor a small smile before saying. "I didn't get you a gift, but that doesn't mean I can't take you out for drinks or go with you to purchase something of your choice." The lad informed his cousin with a now sad look on his face. "I'm a piss poor excuse for family that's for sure." He grumbled, irritated with himself that he had let the Romano's go so far as to make him forget his own cousin's birthday gift.

"Anywhere you want to go or anything your little heart desires and its yours!" He said to Conor and gave him a firm pat on the back. He was relieved the ring business had been taken care of and soon wrapped his arms around Maggie for a moment in a hug, not having initiated any sort of affection with her in a while. "Love you Mags." He murmured and pressed a kiss to her temple before releasing her.

Lucy Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy could see any hope in James' eyes fade away as Lucy confirmed that her mother wasn't lying to him. Leaning forward, he covered his face with his hands, and Lucy glanced to her mother, brows furrowed together out how this type of thing could have happened. After a few beats of silence, James removed his hands, face red from what could have been the pressure on his face from his hands...or anger.Lucy clenched her jaw as she too wondered why this wasn't ever told to James. He of all people should have been informed of this since birth, but as her mother explained it became clear.

Lucy didn't like secrets, she herself had experiences keeping them but they always found a way to destroy something good she had going. This just incinerated any "good feelings" James and herself had this evening. Lucy was only upset at the fact that no one told James, but she couldn't imagine what he was going through in these moments. Her eyes searched his again as her mother confirmed that he had always been apart of this family, whether he felt that way now...was uncertain. James wasn't having it, and told her mother that they should have told him, to which Lucy nodded her head in silent agreement.

James turned to her suddenly and began to apologize, which caused Lucy's brows to scrunch together again. She shook her head quickly and stood from her seat, walking over to him. She stopped directly in front of him and smiled, regardless of the news she heard. Months ago, she had scolded her brother for getting into a romantic relationship with a Romano, little did she know that she was on the same boat. Despite the hatred she had in her heart for them, specifically Vinnie, she was too far in love to care about where and who James came from. "Don't you ever apologize to me again, are we clear?" She asked in a gruff tone, hating seeing him so upset. The tears in his eyes threatened to spill over and she quickly reached out to catch them on his cheeks. "I love you. You. It doesn't matter who you are related to James, you are still the same man I fell in love with and will continue to be so until my dying breath." She sniffled herself, feeling the heaviness in her eyes of tears. "Sure, they hurt my family, killed my father...but you have stuck by my families side since the beginning...if you think this is going to change us. I'm not going anywhere. You are my family."​

James Porter
juhjhb-png.364272

As Lucy got up from her seat, James also stood. He wasn't sure what she was going to say, but he was prepared to leave if that's what she needed. Instead, she began telling him never to apologise to her again. He awkwardly bit his lip at hearing her gruff tone. But instead of saying something he wasn't going to like, she reached out and caught the tears that finally escaped from his eyes. He quickly and repeatedly nodded his head as she assured him she still loved him and it didn't matter that he was related to the Devil's family. He saw Lucy's eyes filling with tears as she recalled the Romanos had hurt her family and killed Emmet, but she also acknowledged James had always stuck by the Sullivans. As she told him he was her family, he took a step forward and pulled her in close so he could hold her in his arms, hoping it would be some comfort for the equally tearful woman. "Lucy, it means the World to me to know you can still love me, after finding out about this. You and your family will always be the people I call family. I swear," he told her.

On that note, Shannon got up from her seat and left the two alone, making her way towards the staircase. Feeling weak and having to break such news to James had taken away any party spirit she'd built up.

"I hope this doesn't change us, Lucy. I love you," James told her. He created a little distance in the embrace so he could look to her face. "I'm just worried... What if I am like Vinnie? What if the reason I'm so detached and able to take shots at people is because I've got the same evil blood in my veins that he has? Do you still trust me?"
Bellz Bellz

Sinead Sullivan and Conor Sullivan

ghjdj-png.362952
ghgj-png.362438

Conor looked to Finn when he mentioned not getting him a gift. He understood his cousin had been through a lot and really hadn't expected a gift from him, not after the stress he'd been under this week. "I think that calls for drinks AND a present," he said, with a grin. He could see Finn was sad about it, but it wasn't even important and Conor was just happy to have his family with him tonight, presents or no presents. "I'll have a think and I'll let you know when you can repay me," he told his cousin. "Honestly, though. Today isn't about the presents - it's about the people. I couldn't ask for a better family to spend my birthday with.

Seeing Finn hug Maggie caused Conor to place his arm around Sinead, mindful he didn't cause her to spill her drink. He couldn't help but feel like he'd been neglecting her lately, having to hear from Lucy what that Steve guy had done to her. Sinead still hadn't mentioned it to him and they used to talk about everything. It worried Conor that he was losing touch with his younger siblings. One thing for sure was that he wanted Steve to be dealt with so Sinead could feel safe again.
Bellz Bellz myst.erion myst.erion

Finn Sullivan

Finn let out a weak laugh as Conor joked with him about owing him drinks and a present. Nodding his head, he agreed to let Conor think on what he wanted and that he would get back to him, smiling softly when he added that his birthday wasn't about receiving gifts and that he was just thankful to have his family. "Awww..." Finn grinned even wider and pretended to reach forward to pinch the man's cheeks. "You are just buttering us up you big ole softy." He teased and laughed before looking around. Several people were missing. "This party died out quicker than expected hmm?" He wondered lightly.

The buzz he had earlier was almost non existent. "Anyone want another drink of something, I can whip something up per request?" Finn asked before kissing his sister temple again and untangling his arm from around her shoulder before heading back over to the counter where the booze was being held. His spirits were beginning to falter, he felt like if this night were to end...everything would just go back to the way it was before. Empty. He didn't want to feel like he had to force a smile after tonight, but he knew that all good things didn't last forever. Making himself a drink, he took a long slip before sighing, staring at the ground.

Lucy Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
James pulled her into his arms, wrapping her in a warm and comforting embrace that she so desperately needed. The tears that escaped her continued to flow mercilessly, the dam that had been keeping in her tears since she left to New York was beginning to break. Lucy felt sad. Sad that this entire feud was continuing on. Too many people had to get hurt, too many people had to suffer at the hands of all this fighting. James was the product of two families who wanted to slit each others throats while they slept, here he was, standing before her. Despite her previous beliefs about her brother's relationship...and despite what James' situation was, she could only see hope. He was an incredible human being, sure he had what he believed to be 'flaws.' But Lucy didn't see any of that.

James began talking about himself, wondering if he was like the monster he was related to. Lucy shook her head quickly and bit her lip. "James..." She whispered sadly, "You are nothing like that monster." She whispered, the emotion thick in her throat as she tried to comprehend why he would even think such a thing. "You are detached because you were hurt. Your mother left you and to make things worse Vinnie killed your father. You are nothing like those horrible people. Remember what you told me? When I was doubting my own humanity after killing Gianna? After killing those men at the club that night, you told me that I did what I had to in order to protect my family." Lucy offered a smile. "All you have ever done is protect us. You would take a bullet for anyone in the Sullivan family James...I trust you with my life, I trust you with my family's lives and our future family's life. And you are just doing what you need to, to protect your family."​

Vincenzo Romano
74827bb02f2e4171bbbc7a5a02144d93-jpg.362162

Vinnie looked to Alex as she spoke up to answer his question. "No, it doesn't surprise me at all," he flatly replied, though there was the slightest hint of a smirk. His smirk then turned into a grin as she asked if he trusted the Russians. "Of course I don't trust them, Alex. I love everyone sat at this table, but I don't even trust any of you - not completely," he told them. They all had their secrets or their little white lies, he'd be a fool to think otherwise. "Unfortunately, trusting them would be a luxury. As things currently stand, we have no choice but to work with the Russians and give them what they want. It's not like knocking Conor and his closest advisers down will be any skin off my nose. It's overdue, anyway." He shrugged his shoulders. "The likes of Sinead and Finn will be left. They can barely even dress themselves, so the Sullivans will be nothing."
neverbackdown neverbackdown Lamia Lamia @ReverseWells Enzyme Enzyme

James Porter
juhjhb-png.364272

It wasn't that James liked Lucy being upset in any sense at all, but holding her and consoling her right now distracted him from his own upset. He would always put her well-being before his own and he didn't mind that. He stroked her hair and kissed her on the top of her head as he tried to comfort her.

When she told him he wasn't a monster, he processed her words and he couldn't argue that he was so detached because of the things his mother and Vinnie had done. Like Lucy, the people he had killed were killed in order to protect the Sullivans. But he would be lying if he said he hadn't at some point enjoyed being a hitman. What if there was a fine line and the moment he stepped over it, he really was like Vinnie? All he did know, was that he would never hurt or betray the Sullivans. He'd die first. "I'm so glad you trust me, Lucy," he told her. Her words made any doubts about proposing to her wash away - perhaps she really would still want to marry him, regardless of his blood relatives. "You and your family can always trust me, Lucy. I'll always want to protect you."

In the moment he fell silent, he was suddenly shocked by the next thoughts to enter his head. "What if Rayna is alive?" he quietly asked.
Bellz Bellz

Last edited:
Athena Archer & Rayna Caito
tumblr_inline_opywatUb6N1svh4o9_250.gif
tumblr_nsvfv3VhJ61qee9ito4_r1_250.gif

When the Russians deprarted, Vinnie answered her question. His answer of it being just business plus with the two young women dealing with their own issues would suffice. Rayna nodded lightly, "Okay." She said simply. Her cousin asked anyone if they have any issues with the Russians. It wasn't long after that her niece began to speak to Vinnie.

Vinnie answered Alex's question, saying that he did not trust the Russians but it was no choice but to work with the deadly gang.

-----------------
Thena pushed a strand of hair behind her left ear, sniffling.
The soft gentle touch of Olivia's hand on her shoulder caused Athena to raise her eyes up to look to the other young woman. The woman asked her what happened and also what Leo could have done for her to gain this type of emotion. Athena sighed softly.
"It wasn't Leo..it was me." The girl answered softly, wiping her eyes.
Athena glanced at Olivia, "Vinnie doesn't think Leo's "strong enough" for me. After he found out that me and Leo had been attacked he told me that I had to stop seeing him." Thena voiced softly, her brown eyes focused on Olivia.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

= Magdeline "Maggie" Sullivan =
"Don't Underestimate A Pretty Face."

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

download.jpg
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Maggie wasn't convinced for a second by Finn's stammering after she and Sinead quizzed him on his motives. She folded her arms lightly, Conor's present still in her hand. 'Hhmmm.....' She matched Sinead's grin before she was racing into the kitchen for her drink. A small laugh escaped her, amused by Conor's trick on the other female, until he noticed her gift, and she held out it for him with a sincere smile. She looked up at her brother's head and fained awe at the bow Conor so lovingly placed there, before becoming quite bashful at Cono'r reaction to her gift. She gave a small shrug of her shoulders in reply to him. 'Well, I know you're like aunt Shannon. Plus, you mentioned it a couple weeks ago~.' With rosy cheeks, product of her happiness, she spoke into his cosy hug. 'You're very welcome.' As they pulled away, Maggie stood herself beside Finn and placed her head on his shoulder, a sudden rush of thought about their lack of closeness lately being made up for. She smiled as he kissed her temple, but also furrowed her brows at his disdain in not getting Conor a gift. She left mildly at fault for not making sure Finn was ready for the birthday, it had never occured to her that with all his trauma his cousins birthday had left his mind. If she had said something sooner, perhaps she could have prevented his embarrassment. Her cousin's comforting words helped to regain her smile and pat Finn's stomach lightly with a laugh. It was the sweetest moment, the siblings all content and locked in a feeling of bliss. As Finn made his leave Maggie smiled again at his affection and gave him a short shake of her head. 'Maybe later Finn~.' She watched him for a moment as he made his way to the bar. 'Say, where did Carrick go?' She directed her question towards her cousins, suddenly aware of the fact that the kid was missing, and piss drunk. Those two things should never be in the same sentence. 'Aiden too~.' Even the newest female addition was missing. Maggie thought she must just be going blind. 'I haven't had that much to drink~,' she thought out loud.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
mood; very happy, hopeful, bashful & curious

tags; Lamia Lamia Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Olivia Svensson
c-gk-png.362165

Olivia frowned when Athena explained what had happened with Leo. Vinnie might have done a lot for them, but she didn't believe that gave him the right to dictate their personal lives to them. "I can't believe he told you to do that, especially because he doesn't think Leo is strong enough. Why should it matter? You're not a criminal or a gangster, so why not be with a normal guy?" she asked. "Unless you've split up with Leo for your own reasons, I wouldn't do what Vinnie says. It's none of his business and he needs to keep his nose out of your personal life. Don't let him take away your happiness too."

Lamia Lamia

Lucy Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy felt guilty as James was comforting her, he clearly needed it more than she did, Lucy wasn't as affected by this. Her emotions just seemed to want to take over at the worst of times. She leaned closer to his chest, taking in the warmth and comfort he allowed her to indulge in. She nodded her head along quickly as he confirmed that he would always be there for her and her family. There was another beat of silence before James spoke again, and Lucy wasn't sure how to answer this. Lucy certainly entertained this thought since she first saw the picture and envelope in James' hands, so it wasn't as shocking to her as it seemed to be to James. He looked like he wasn't sure if he wanted her to be alive or not. She had been gone for so long in his life that it had felt like she was dead...but now..the thought of her walking around somewhere in the world, it must have been terrifying in a way.

She hugged him closer to her listening to his breathing for a moment before finally trying to find the right words. "Well, to tell you the truth...whoever sent that letter must know she's alive...what would you do with this information if she wasn't?" Lucy bit her lip as she leaned back a little in the embrace to look in his eyes, "I know she's a Romano...I know she's hurt you...but do you want some sort of explanation? Do you want to meet the woman? If she's alive..." Lucy wasn't sure how that would even be possible, she was sure Rayna was somewhere else around the world, living her own life...or maybe...Lucy was completely wrong and she was dead.

The blonde noticed the commotion outside the room they were in had dwindled and she tried to wipe under her eyes. The night was winding to a close and with this curveball thrown James' way, she was so focused on him that she forgot to give Conor his gift. "Hey.." Lucy murmured to James as she took her finger and placed it under his chin before lifting it so he looked at her. "Let's head upstairs...I'll grab a few more drinks and we can talk more about this." Lucy wanted James to let out all he was feelings, making him comfortable and relaxed so that he could properly focus on them. "The bratty birthday boy still needs his gift"

James Porter and Conor Sullivan
juhjhb-png.364272
ghgj-png.362438

When Lucy posed the questions of whether he would want an explanation and to meet his mother if she were still alive, James shrugged his shoulders. "I think that's something I need to sleep on. Get my head straight and completely sober," he decided. "I'll take you up on the offer of more drinks... upstairs," he suggestively told her, managing a flirtatious smile. He couldn't help but chuckle when she mentioned Conor needing his gift. "Yeah, you'd best give him his gift before he asserts his authority," he remarked. James walked with Lucy to find Conor. When they did, he made sure to give Conor a nod and an apologetic smile, feeling bad for snapping at him. The ring wasn't on the man's finger anymore, so as long as it was in one sparkling piece he wouldn't hold the matter against Conor.

Conor had been teasing Sinead as a cover for the fact he was really watching Finn who seemed to be reverting back to his troubled state. He wasn't sure how he was going to sort this - they couldn't constantly have parties and celebrations, as enticing as that seemed. Seeing Lucy and James approaching, Conor handed Sinead the hair-slide back, which he'd removed from on her head to annoy her. "Is it time for my present now?" he asked Lucy, keeping the spoiled brat joke going.
Bellz Bellz

Lucy Sullivan

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy's cheeks warmed at James' suggestive tone and flirtatious smile, anything to distract him from this mess. Smiling softly, she took his hand as they walked back into the kitchen, the commotion had definitely died down from what it had been and she noticed that several of her cousins had disappeared. Rolling her eyes as Conor asked if it was time for his gift, she nodded her head. She moved to one of the drawers in the kitchen and found the envelope that she had expertly hid under the silverware, taking precautions so Conor couldn't find it. Grabbing the light cream envelope, she walked back and handed it to Conor before smiling widely.

"Open it later, its just a little something to thank you for all you've done." Inside the envelope, there was two train tickets to Michigan. It wasn't a far trip, but it was a vacation of sorts she also put a few hundred dollars for a nice hotel and a few dinners. There was also a thank you note in there for Alexandra and a peace treaty of sorts for her, Lucy made it clear in the letter that it would be hard for both of them to try and survive this but she would support them now. She had been so opposed of his relationship with Alex before...but as she glanced James way, she couldn't help but think that she was basically on the same boat, only difference was that Alex was very much involve with that family where James was not.

Chapter 14: Secrets and Lies
Monday 21st February 1949
...2 days later...
Evening - Mild, dry, clear.

Vincenzo Romano
untitled-png.313172
Vinnie had spent most of Sunday away from the house and focusing on business. Leo still hadn't shown up at the hotel, so the boss was contemplating the fact he could count his absence as his resignation. He couldn't help but feel Leo had proved him right by not even making an effort to stand up to him or even speak with him about what he'd told Athena to do. He seemed unwilling to fight for anything, including his job.

Vinnie had set aside the evening to tackle the matter that was Rayna and her desire to meet James. He found his cousin in the lounge and asked her to join him in his office so he could speak with her. Once she was seated, he couldn't help but smile softly at the woman. "Now, I can't stop you from seeing your son, no matter how much I think you'd be better off staying away from him. The trouble is, he's not going to just come on over to the house or agree to meet you knowing you're a Romano. However, I can see to it you get a meeting with him. What do you think?"

Lamia Lamia

James Porter

510ece9a3b2060ea08fe0b434d83be94--stephen-amell-hollywood-stars.jpg
The morning after Conor's party, James had the ring returned to him, along with some encouraging words from the Sullivan boss. James had told Lucy to keep her Monday afternoon and evening free so he could take her on a nice date. After spending the afternoon on the pier, getting to have the kind of cheesy fun they'd missed out on the last time they were there, he then took her for a stroll along the lakeside beach. As he checked the time, he realised they needed to be elsewhere, so led her back to his car for a short drive to where they needed to be.

James parked his car up in a spot near the main road and Lucy would recognise this as a place she'd taken him before. James retrieved a basket from the boot of the car. Inside the basket were a couple of bottles of wine and two glasses. He held Lucy's hand with his free one and lead her through the trees to the clifftop which overlooked the lake. The sky was clear and the sun was setting. This was one of the most beautiful places in the city and it always reminded him of Lucy. "I thought this would be the best place for us to relax and talk. I hope you don't mind me stealing your date location. I just loved it so much we had to come back," he told her. He then opened one of the bottles and poured Lucy a glass of wine. "I hope you're enjoying your day, so far," he told her. Lucy might just get the slightest sense that James was nervous about something. Perhaps it was this whole thing with his mother, or perhaps something else?

Bellz Bellz

Sinead Sullivan
gfcg.PNG Sinead had enjoyed her shift at work, with Mr Buchanan having her singing on stage today. She loved playing the piano, but singing was her favourite thing. Once her shift was done, she retrieved her handbag and had a quick drink with her colleagues. She eventually stepped outside and looked around; despite knowing she hadn't arranged to be picked up she also hadn't called for a cab. Sometimes it was nice to walk and let the cool air refresh her. She was about to set off walking home when she sighted the police car parked up close by and a cop standing on the sidewalk with his arms folded.

"Miss Sullivan. A word?" Sergeant Banks asked, flashing his ID badge like it was some kind of medal. Sinead groaned before approaching the man. "You're difficult to catch," he told her. "Do you still speak with Steven Harper? He used to work with you."

"You could try finding me at home, Sergeant. It's less creepy than waiting for me on the street at night," she noted. She knew what this was about and she knew what she had to do. "I left this job in October. I worked with Steve back then, but we were just colleagues. When I got my job back recently, he'd already quit. We weren't friends outside of work, so I have no reason to speak to him now."

"Why did you stop working at the restaurant last year?"

"My dad died and I got sick," she told him. The sadness that took over her features was all genuine. "Mr Buchanan, my boss, told me Steve was found dead a few days ago. I didn't really know the guy as he kept to himself and he didn't have any friends in the restaurant." The Sergeant nodded along, having already been told the same thing about Steve by Sinead's boss and colleagues. "It's awful to think he's dead now," she said, folding her arms tightly. "Is that all?" she asked, finding this cop a little too creepy for her liking.

"Yes, that's all. I've got the full set ticked off now," he said, referring to the staff at the Lakeside Restaurant. This Steve guy was a nobody and he really didn't care about this case. "I must say, you have a beautiful voice, Miss Sullivan. You make sure you stay safe now," he suggested. He wasn't sure what to make of her - she wasn't at all like the Sullivans he'd encountered in the past. She seemed quite innocent and sweet. That could prove useful at some point.

Sinead watched the cop get back in his car and she didn't move from her spot until he'd driven off out of sight. She didn't like the vibe he was giving off. Eventually, she set off walking back home, playing the conversation back in her mind. It seemed his questioning was just routine and she was glad about that.

Detective Edwards and Sergeant Banks

Christian-Bale-Batman225.jpg Ethan+Hawke+Woman+Fifth+Portraits+2011+Toronto+UUWq-a7cPLHl.jpg

Detective Edwards was filing away some paperwork at the station when Sergeant Banks returned from his duties out in the city. The Detective couldn't help but smirk as he saw the irritation on the other man's face. "I take it you've not found any leads yet, then?" he asked. He didn't like Banks very much, so he didn't really care. "Perhaps you need to reassess how you approach people? Officer Lockwood is below you in rank, yet he managed to locate that shipment of alcohol last week. Perhaps ask him for some tips? He's a nice, decent guy..."

"Shove it, Edwards," the Sergeant remarked. He brushed past the Detective and headed for his own desk to file away the statements he'd taken.

@ReverseWells neverbackdown neverbackdown

neverbackdown neverbackdown Enzyme Enzyme Bellz Bellz Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion @ReverseWells

Last edited:
Alexandra Romano
_88813494_selena_press2.jpg

Alex sat on her couch staring at the gun on the table. She had called over to Angel the morning before and received the simple handgun. It was light in weight and easy to hide on her, she was also glad that it was similar to the gun which she had learnt to shoot with. As she stared at the gun, she began to get second thoughts about the ordeal but the more she thought about it, the consequences of killing the sergeant weighed subsequently less to the consequences that were set in place if she didnt give him the information she desired. Alex felt sick to her stomach and she just wanted to get rid of the butterflys which had been present since she realised her plan was going ahead. Now she only had one arrangement left to make, shakily Alex stood up and walked over to her phone, she took a deep breath to calm herself before dialling in the number for the sergeant's private phone, a number which she had aquired a few days previously. As she waited for the call to go through, the nausea came back and she leaned against the wall to give her some support. It was too much and she was going to hang up until she heard a voice on the other end of the call.
"This is Alex" she muttered bitterly "I have the information you want" she stated, sounding as conflicted and innocent as she could. "Obviously I cant be caught talking to you, so meet me at the east docks at dark" she said. table

Once the call had ended, Alex put the phone up before sliding down the wall to sit on the floor. What had she gotten herself into?
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan
maxresdefault.jpg

The remainder of Conor's party had wound down and things had very quickly returned to normal, with his concerns for Finn and Sinead returning, as well as the burdens of the family business. He wished he could have held on to those few hours of silliness and fun. Regardless, Conor had been made up with the gift Lucy bought for him and Alex - he looked forward to being able to treat her to a trip away. It feel good to know he had his sister's support in his relationship with Alex. She may be a Romano, but the girl made him happy and he'd never been in love like he was with Alex. The only other thing that warmed his heart was knowing James was intending on proposing to Lucy. It was the kind of news he knew his family needed right now. James, Lucy and Shannon hadn't yet told anyone about Rayna, so Conor was still completely unaware of that information as yet.

It was the evening when Conor returned home. After parking up his car and waving to David, he entered the house and slammed the door louder than he'd intended. Intended or not, anyone home would hear the loud slam. Conor unloaded the gun he'd been carrying and placed it in his overcoat pocket before hanging the garment on the coat stand. He'd done some digging and had been fully prepared to kill for the first time, or at least the first time he was aware of. The only problem was, he learned Steve had already been found dead. Perhaps it was a coincidence and the guy had pissed off a lot more people, but in this business, Conor couldn't believe in coincidences.

Still, there were other men - Italians - who would deserve those bullets... after a heavy beating, of course.

Conor entered the lounge to see who was home. He was aware Maggie had taken a small break from her duties to Finn. Conor didn't know, but she'd gone to meet up with her friend, Arthur. "What's going on?" he casually, but distractedly asked whoever was around the house...
Enzyme Enzyme Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia Lazy Taco Lazy Taco
Mentioned: myst.erion myst.erion

Last edited:
Lucy Sullivan
tumblr_orhfrke1lQ1ukc16yo1_500.png

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy had kept her Monday open like James had requested. She was curious to know what he had planned for the afternoon and evening and was very excited to finally have some time with him. They started their day off at the pier, reminding her of the times before she left. They laughed and shared treats together, indulging in the simplicity of being almost young again. Lucy was a bit tuckered out as they walked along the beach, but she certainly was looking forward to what else he had in mind, and didn't want the day to end.

As they drove to their final destination of the night, Lucy began to recognize the familiar surrounding of a place she loved. Her eyes lit up as she recognized the familiar path as James parked the car. She said nothing as they got out and he grabbed a basket from the back of the car, everything was absolutely perfect. Taking his hand, she let him lead the way to the clifftop that overlooked Lake Michigan. It took her breath away every time she saw the view. Nodding her head at James' words, she turned to face him as he set the basket down. "Its perfect...I love it here.." She murmured as she held the back of her dress before taking a seat in the grass. Her eyes looked out at the amazing view as James opened the bottle of wine and poured her a glass. Raising an eyebrow his direction, she got this sense that he was on edge about something...it was tickling the back of her mind just wondering if he was thinking about his mother..."The best date ever." She declared to him. "I am pleased to know that you have more planned, but I can't imagine what more you could possibly do, you've already made me so happy." She smiled widely at him.
(Finn coming up next ^.^)

Finn Sullivan
sad-liam-hemsworth-computer-wallpaper-16896362.jpg

Finn knew the little dream from two days ago wouldn't last. Shortly after the festivities of Conor's party came to an end, Finn was stuck in the same funk he had been in before. It was later in the evening and unlike the day before, Finn finally managed to get out of bed that morning. The night terrors that corrupted his once pleasant dreams kept him wide awake at night. It was exhausting but this morning in particular, he just felt as though he couldn't sleep or rest in bed any longer. He had showered and ended up just hanging around the house. He had taken up reading a few books, but it only cured his mind for so long.

It was then after almost everyone had left for the late afternoon that he had taken up to having a drink...or two..or three...maybe 6. The drinks made him feel nothing but happiness, which was refreshing. He wondered if the only reason he had been happy at the party was because he had been drinking, but that hypothesis was quickly debunked when he realized that he wasn't happy now. He had been sitting on the couch letting the warmth and buzz of the 6 drinks take over him. The puppies had came to his aid, cuddling up to both sides of him taking what warmth he offered. He smiled lazily and stroked both Lady and Samson's fur as Conor came home. He looked up at the man and smiled even wider. "Hey! What what are you doing home so early?" His words were slurred slightly, and he really had no idea what time it was. It was clear the man was drinking because he was sad.​

Sergeant Banks
ethan-hawke-woman-fifth-portraits-2011-toronto-uuwq-a7cplhl-jpg.364537

When his phone began to ring, the Sergeant lifted the receiver and brought it to his ear. He listened as Alex spoke, telling him her name and that she had some information. "I figured you weren't stupid," he quietly told her. When she suggested meeting at the docks, he glanced to the clock and checked nobody was in earshot. "Of course. I'll be there," he agreed. He grabbed his police issue handgun and car keys before walking out of the station, not bothering to speak to anyone on his way out. Being that his choice of company was the Detective and Officer Lockwood, he didn't want to speak to either asshole.

The Sergeant parked his vehicle on one of the dimly lit streets a couple of minutes walks from the docks. He got out of the car and locked it up before walking to the docks where he expected to meet Alex. All the while, he kept aware of everything around him, making sure they weren't being watched at all.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

James Porter
510ece9a3b2060ea08fe0b434d83be94-stephen-amell-hollywood-stars-jpg.364535

Sat beside Lucy, James couldn't help but smile when she said the date was perfect. He placed his arm around her shoulder and looked lovingly into her eyes. "I'm glad I've made you happy. I do have a couple of other things up my sleeve," he promised her. He finished his first glass of wine and waited for Lucy to finish hers. "Lucy, w-" he began, but shifted awkwardly. He then took her glass from her. "I'll pour us both another drink," he said. He didn't realise he'd feel so nervous doing this. As he grabbed the opened bottle, he held onto it for a moment as he froze on the spot, trying to build up the courage to say what he wanted. "In a minute," he ominously said and placed the bottle and glasses back in the basket for a moment, taking something else out instead.

James suddenly stood up, keeping one hand in his pocket as he held his other out to help Lucy to her feet. As the awkwardness took over him, a grin appeared on his face and his reddening cheeks were just about noticeable under the moonlight. Forget dancing, this was out of his comfort zone. As James got down on one knee, Lucy would likely realise what was happening. He took his hand out of his pocket, holding on to the small box. He opened the box so she could see the contents and he looked up to Lucy, the diamond platinum ring glistening beneath the moonlight. "Lucy Sullivan. Will you marry me?" he asked her, looking up and deep into her beautiful eyes. Any thoughts of leading into it with some romantic or long-winded speech had gone out of the window. He loved Lucy and he wanted to spend his life with her, he didn't think he could make it any clearer by this point.

trft.PNG

Bellz Bellz

Athena Archer
Yara-Shahidi-Grayson-Hoffman-New-York-Fashion-Photographer-Studio-Beauty-Blackish-Photoshooot-Inspiration-10.jpg

Athena had a cup of hot cocoa in her hands as she strolled along town square, a hoodie over her head. The girl entered the local bookstory uttering a soft greeting to the bookkeeper, smiling softly. She headed to the back where the fantasy books were. The girl grabbed a book, returning back to the register, paying for the book, with the owner placing it in a bag and left the store.

Athena took a sip of her warm drink, humming softly. The events of two nights before had Athena slightly hopeful to the future. Thena and Olivia had talked a little bit more while they were in that bathroom and during that talk, Athena was grateful that she had someone like Olivia to talk to. It made her realize that she in fact, did not have to do every little thing that Vinnie told her to do. Even if it upset him.

The thing is, the young woman was not entirely sure that Leo would ever forgive her and more or less, take her back. Athena knew that she had hurt Leo, and it pained her that she had hurt the the person who had her heart. Her brown eyes diverted to the solid concrete ground, whilst she walked. The sound of leaves crunching beneath her feet met her ears.

Letting out a sigh, Athena let out a cough. She cleared her throat, grumbling. The girl was catching a girl and walking around was not going to make it any better but she had a few errands to make for the day.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rayna Caito
d2f1ed13b1c825c3c08f11feb33ac449.jpg

Rayna had been in the lounge, interacting with her niece's new puppy. The little guy was quite lovable. Upon hearing Vinnie, her attention was redirected. She got up from her seat, giving Rocco one last pat on the head before departing from the room to follow Vinnie. The woman entered the office and sat in the chair, she looked at Vinnie whom was seated at his desk. Rayna crossed her legs, listening as Vinnie talked, nodding as he spoke. "I'm fine with that but how would we arrange this?" She asked, honestly stumped on how she could meet up with her son.

The young man probably didn't remember the woman. The last time he saw her, the man had merely been a toddler.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aidan Sullivan

latest

Aidan had been a bit low-key the past few days. Just doing his job and laying low. Conor's party was the only hype thing that the boy had done in a little while. The was sitting in the main room, eating out of a bowl of popcorn. The young man turned his gaze when he saw Conor walking in.

"Hey." He greeted casually, munching.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Alexandra Romano
_88813494_selena_press2.jpg

After a while, Alex eventually got up from the floor and moved into her room. She picked out a pair of slightly big trousers and one of the jumpers Gio had left behind. She pulled on her boots before making her way into the sitting room. Alex picked up the gun and quickly placed it into the waistband of her jeans, she didn't allow herself time to think about it before she left her apartment and began her walk towards the docks.
Once at the docks, Alex slowly made her way over to the area where she said she would meet him, she saw his car and cautiously looked around as she approached it to make sure that he had come alone. Alex saw a figure standing not far from her and she walked towards it, pulling her hood up as she did so. "Did you come alone?" She asked once she was close enough to see that it was him
Misty Gray Misty Gray

dc63d83f13a40aeb5c96d8ceed1bf1ef.jpg
Normally Carrick would had been found either hiding on his room or eating in the kitchen, but not today, today he was currently working at the Irish pub, working on behalf of Finn, who he had felt should stay home until he was sure that the guy was feeling better. So now Carrick was working as one of the bartender while at the same time he was acting as the co-manager of the pub, something that he had forced Finn to do, mostly by force, something that he had never done. What? Sure he was a good person, but he had just felt like forcing Finn to let him take care of the pub while Finn was out of his usual funk which was concerning him more than usual. His eyes would usually drift off to the people drinking or Cassie or whatever her name was, someone that he had never spoken, but at the same time, she was someone who he had felt deserved to have a more acting position in the job. He sighed before pouring a drink to one of the drunkard's in the pub.
Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back