• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Conor Sullivan and James Porter
ghghgh-png.359654
hgkm-png.359673

Conor smiled at his sister's reassurance. "I'll be sure to come to you, Luce," he said. He gave her a quick hug and then a kiss on the cheek before letting her go. "Another puppy? Oh boy. I think you two are getting broody," he joked, upon hearing about Samson. He figured she would be needing to talk with James anyway. For now, Conor took a seat by Aidan and kept an eye on Finn and Sinead.

James looked up when he heard Lucy's voice, bringing him out of his thoughts as he stroked Samson's fur. "Hey love," he said, placing his arm around her shoulder. 'I'm not bad. How are you getting on?" he asked, looking her in the eyes. By now his eyes had fully dried and he was looking normal again. "It's been a rough night, huh? You know I'm here for you and you can spill everything you need to," he encouraged her.

Bellz Bellz

Sinead Sullivan
dcyyxugxoai3q0v-jpg.359293

Sinead heard Finn ask her to take it all away and it broke her heart to hear her cousin sound so different. So hollow and beaten. "We're all here to take away your pain. No matter what happens, someone is always here for you," she assured him. Sinead hoped Maggie would be able to come see Finn soon and that she could cope seeing him this way.

Bellz Bellz

Vincenzo Romano
8dfd9f2c7a61f4133e036a088c2d59fb-jpg.358160

Vinnie shook his head when Alex said he had a choice. She was wrong, but clearly too stubborn to hear the truth and his side of the story. "I chose nothing."

When Alex called him a monster it was merely confirmation of what he already figured she believed. He made eye-contact with his daughter but he felt it was clear she held nothing for him. When she asked her question he believed it to be a trick question with hidden intention beneath it. "I have always put family first and I've said before that also means putting business in hand with it. I will always put your wants and needs first, but you and I have different beliefs of what that entails. Even when I have your best interests in mind, you'll never agree I'm giving you what you want. Going soft is what will get you hurt."

Vinnie loved his daughter but he knew he couldn't be the father she wanted while he was in charge of this family. He would never be able to give her the answers she wanted him to. Family was the most important thing to him, but that also meant he couldn't give up on the business that was so heavily ingrained in it.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

Last edited:
Alexandra Romano
Selena-Gomez.jpg

Alexandra listened to her father and realised that he was right, the two had very different idea's on what her needs and wants entailed. She sat quietly for a few minutes after he finished speaking, biting her lip as she thought of what to say.
"We'll never have the relationship we once had" she said softly "but you are my father and I still love you, even if I disagree with the things you do, I do not want to be strangers and to not speak to you" Alex sat forward in her seat before standing up "I'm going to head home as I have work in the morning. From now on please remember Nicolo isn't Monte he is more sensitive and while he says he can do things, tonight has made it very obvious that he can't". Alex picked up her bag and made her way out of the office and down into the Lobby, where Nicolo was still sitting. "Go home Nicolo and get some sleep, I am going to do the same" she said and gave her brother a hug before leaving the hotel and walking to her apartment. Walking everywhere made her realize that Alex needed a car to get places.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

= Magdeline "Maggie" Sullivan =
"Don't Underestimate A Pretty Face."

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Maggie's mood had dropped considerably when she ventured up to her room. Sinead had assured her Maggie was not at fault for anything, but she still felt guilty about leaving her and Aidan downstairs. The moment her head hit her pillow she fell into a dream filled sleep. She wasn't sure how long had passed since Finn was taken, bu it was long enough to have her dripping in a sweat when she awoke. She hadn't had a nightmare in so long, the feeling was almost alien to her. She knew she would learn to grow used to it now, especially with Finn now- From downstairs, Maggie suddenly heard muffled voices, shuffling and commmotion from Lady. It prompted her to pull herself up from her safe haven and sit upright on her bed. She leaned towards the door to listen for the words coming out of anyones mouth, but like always, their speech was muffled. It suddenly occured to her that more voices meant her cousins were home, and unless they had found Finn, they would not be back. But what if they did? What if he was dead? What if he was downstairs? Maggie was frozen in her place, unable to comprehend the situation.

Any one of the questions running through her head would be asnwered if she ventured downstairs. But she didn't want to know, because if her brother really was gone, she wouldn't know what to do with herself anymore. She might lose everythinng she was without him. Maggie knew there was only one way to find out, and yet she waited. Her hesitation was coming out of pure fear. It is the fear of the unknown which has always affected her the most, and here it was, biting and scratching at every inch of her body, telling her no. Don't go downstairs. You don't want to know. He could be dead. Minutes ticked by, Maggie unmoving, until finally, her conscience switched off and her body propelled her out of her bed, intent on finding out any truth. Her hair was ruffed up from her tossing and turning, and her face translated a growing fickleness, but she had no idea. Maggie walked quietly without intention towards the stairs, and the closer she got, the louder the voices became. It wasn't until she reached the top of the stairs did she hear a voice so far distant and yet so familar from the lounge.

Immediately, Maggie drew in a sharp breath, and her mind screamed at her to react. Her hand flew to her mouth as a gasp escaped her. He's alive. He's alive. Finn's alive. Maggie had been so sure. So sure that her brother would never be coming home again. She allowed every pessimistic thought to cloud her better judgment, like a fool. In a corner of her mind she had accepted the fact that she would be the last remaining of her immediate family, and now that she could hear his broken and rasped voice, she broke too. Her reaction was instant. One moment she was standing curiously, hopeful and quiet, and the next her legs felt like jelly. Maggie collapsed against the wall closest to her, her face scrunched up in both shock and torment at the sudden realisation her brother had been brought back home. Perhaps not well, but alive. That was what mattered. Maggie kept her hands over her face and mouth and she breathed fast and heavy, her tears flowing freely and her body wracking against the wall with her sobs. No doubt, she would be heard, but it hadn't occured to her, the poor girl hadn't even noticed her cousins at the bottom. I need to see him. I need to see him now. This thought punched her in the bruised gut, but her state of shock continued to keep her in her spot at the top of the stairs. They found him.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

ooc: i know its shit but i rushed it and im tired
tags; Lamia Lamia Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz

Vincenzo Romano
8dfd9f2c7a61f4133e036a088c2d59fb-jpg.358160

When Alex said they'd never have the same relationship they'd had, Vinnie sadly nodded his head. "I love you too, Alexandra. No matter how many arguments we have, I could never care any less for my children. I'll try to approach things differently where the Sullivans are concerned," he assured her. By which, he meant he'd at least try not to kill anymore of them in the future. When his daughter said she didn't want to be strangers and stood from her seat, Vinnie also stood up. "I'm having everyone over for dinner on Saturday. I'd like it if you joined us, even if you don't wish to speak with me the others will be present. I'd like everyone there to make my cousin feel welcome when she arrives." He listened as she reminded him Nicolo was very different to Monte, nodding his head in agreement. He knew he'd misread Nicolo and wrongly thought his son was ready for the life Monte had so easily adjusted to. "Goodnight," he called to her as she left.

Finn Sullivan
images

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion
Finn knew that Sinead wouldn't understand just what he meant by "taking it away". Finn simply didn't have the fire in him to even stay alive. The rational thoughts that had kept him here for so long were nonexistent and the thought of suicide continued to aggravate him like an itch that one can't scratch. Finn's breathing slowly slightly as the pain from his ribs forced him to, he wasn't able to expand his lungs well due to the injuries. Finn wondered where his sister was, "Maggie?" Finn called for his sister, his voice still very much hollowed and distant. Finn might not have been the same, but he still loved his little sister with everything in his being and in that moment, he wanted to see her. He was so sure he wouldn't be able to.
Lucy Sullivan
8430c292fb4fa1a326982efd1db69b5e.jpg

Lucy smiled when James' eyes met hers and she leaned into him as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Letting out a slow sigh, she finally felt like she could unwind from the days events. "Honestly...I'm handling much better than I ever expected myself too.." She murmured softly, "But thank you...Dr. Porter." She winked and gave him a small laugh. Lucy reached out and stroked Samson fur. "He's so tiny." She mused.

"Alex Romano helping us dirty filthy Irish trash Sullivan's out...I never thought we would be able to do it..."She added as she continued to look down at the tiny puppy. "Maybe not every Italian is the devil hmm?"​

The Sullivans

When he'd heard Maggie come downstairs, Conor rushed out of the room to find her. Seeing she was overcome and weak, Conor wrapped his arms around his cousin and spoke whilst he was holding her. "Finn's home and he's going to need his sister to help him now," he admitted to her. "I know you're strong and you can do this." He let her go and used the back of his hand to catch the tears rolling down her cheek.

Eventually, Conor helped Finn up to his room so the poor, tormented young man could try to get some rest. Conor remembered what Nicolo had said about sharp objects and the suicidal thoughts it appeared Finn was having. Conor asked Maggie to stay in the room with her brother that night, offering to watch his cousin instead if she found herself struggling. He refused to leave Finn alone.

James nodded his head when Lucy assured him she was handling things well. "I'm glad to hear it, love. You've all had the worst few days," he observed. Between Shannon being shot, Finn tortured and Sinead attacked, it was difficult to find a Sullivan who hadn't been harmed in some manner, this week. He smiled adorably fondly as Lucy pointed out Samson's size. "Isn't he just?" he enthused, happy to grab any opportunity to smile tonight.

Lucy then mentioned how Alex had helped them and perhaps not all Italians were the devil. "Hmmm. She must be the black sheep of them or at least realising what her old man really is. I'm certain evil flows through the rest of the Romanos."
Bellz Bellz myst.erion myst.erion

Chapter 13: Family Matters
Saturday 19th February 1949
Evening - Mild, dry, clear.
houston_whiskey_festival.jpg

The Romanos
74827bb02f2e4171bbbc7a5a02144d93.jpg Vinnie had asked his family and closest friends to come over to the house for dinner that evening. Vinnie was aware he's upset most of his family recently, to some capacity, so was going to try and have a normal, civilised evening to make amends. Lorenzo, Alex, Nicolo, Athena and Olivia were all present. Olivia had only just been let out of hospital that morning and Vinnie had been very firm in telling her she would be staying at the Romano home until she was fully recovered. She didn't need to hide her identity any longer and he felt responsible for her safety. Vinnie had also invited Leo, hoping he'd get the chance to apologise for having Athena end their relationship, but Leo hadn't given an answer. Vinnie also expected Angel would show up in his own time, knowing the guy was often busy but still liked to join in with the family from time to time.

c gk.png With most of his family present, Vinnie had informed them his cousin was due to arrive at any moment, in time for dinner. Whilst Lorenzo was a cousin on Vinnie's father's side, Rayna was a cousin on his mother's side. It had been 25 years since she'd moved back to Italy, so he expected stepping foot back in Chicago was going to be quite daunting for her. Vinnie had really wished she'd stayed in Italy, where things was less complicated, but she was in Chicago now and he would do his best to make her feel welcome.

Whilst Vinnie was in the kitchen tending to dinner, Olivia was sat with the others in the lounge. She still look weak, but overall she was recovering well. "Does Vinnie do these meals often?" she curiously asked. She glanced to Nicolo and gave him a warm smile. It felt good to be able to join the Romanos now she didn't have to hide away, especially as she'd grown very fond of Vinnie's son.

neverbackdown neverbackdown ReverseTex ReverseTex Lamia Lamia

The Sullivans
Shannon sat in front of the mirror, very carefully applying some make-up as she listened to the faint sound of music coming from downstairs. She had hardly left her bed since the night she was shot, but she decided she would show her face for as long as she could. It was Conor's birthday today and Sinead had been quite insistent they did something for him. Given that Emmet had been murdered at his own birthday party, they all agreed to simply have a small party at home. Lots of drinks, of course. Shannon was also expecting Arlene to arrive in time for the party, which would hopefully help lift everyone's spirits.
jghjk.png
Conor was out finishing up some business but was due back soon. It was expected Maggie, Aidan, Carrick and Finn would already be at the party, given that they lived at the venue. Whether Finn joined in was another question altogether.

James had been helping get some snacks and drinks ready. He and Lucy now had two puppies following them around the house, with Lady and Samson finally getting used to each other. James felt like this was one party he could relax at and perhaps he could have just one night with Lucy without any violence or threats. As they left the kitchen, James took a moment to pull Lucy to one side and kiss her on the lips, taking advantage of there being nobody around. "I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I think I might get drunk tonight," he told her. The upside to having this party at home meant he didn't have to drive or be a responsible adult.

Outside the house, David approached the gates where the courier had caught his attention. The Irishman accepted and signed for the envelope. He was curious as to why the envelope was addressed to James, but it wasn't his business.

Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Enzyme Enzyme

Sinead Sullivan
c77818832f4c34b168cf9d7ce1d56f5d.jpg Sinead finished her shift earlier than normal, Mr Buchanan having already agreed so she could celebrate Conor's birthday with her family. She left the restaurant with two gift bags in her hand and a bright smile on her face. She'd managed to conceal her bruise with make-up but the cut on her forehead was difficult to cover whilst still healing. Luckily, it was nothing she couldn't hide behind her flowing hair. Her smile widened even further when she saw Angel's car parked up nearby.

Sinead opened the passenger door and climbed into the car, closing the door after her. She then leaned over to kiss him on the lips. "I'm afraid I can't see you for very long tonight, Giovanni," she told him. She'd asked him to meet her before knowing there was going to be a party for Conor and it was too late to cancel. Besides, she needed to know they were still alright after their last meet-up. She'd felt bad for being snappy with Angel, but Steve had put her in a bad place. She pushed those thoughts aside, however, and handed one of the gift bags to Angel. "I bought you a present!" she gleefully told him. "It's just something teeny-tiny, but I hoped you'd like it." When he unwrapped the gift, he would see an expensive-looking red tie. "It's from Smithson's. Do you remember that was the place where I first bumped into you? Literally..." she said, grinning.

Enzyme Enzyme

Last edited:
Lorenzo Romano
Pedro-Pascal-foto1-alejandro-olivares.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lamia Lamia

Lorenzo had explicitly avoided anything Romano related for the past few days. Officially moving into his own apartment, this was his christening. He had made up a new last name, and decided to hit Chicago, as a final dive into dark indulgence... And it went in a haze, knowing he had slept with a few men, drunken a few many drinks, and smoked a few things he probably should’ve. But, he hadn’t thought of Jack or the family until this morning.

He had received a call, quite rudely in the morning, that disturbed both himself and his one-night-stand. And sure enough, Vinnie had said that Rayna was coming to town. That alone intrigued him, seeing as the two had been in contact longer than her and Vinnie, and he knew her distain for the family was quite similar to his own. But nevertheless, he shipped off his boy, and spent the remainder of the day attempting to sober up.

With the amount of practice he had, Lorenzo felt he had mostly succeeded. His facial hair was returning now, not as full as it had been before, but back to a comfortable length. His hair was lazily styled, per usual, as he hated excessive amount of hair gel. His clothing for tonight, a simple black and white suit. The occasion didn’t call for anymore. And sure enough Vinnie had sent a car...

Currently, Lorenzo walked through the large home, in hand a glass of scotch. He figured Vinnie or someone would disturb him shortly.

Lucy Sullivan
00356832.jpeg

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy had been helping get everything ready for Conor’s party. Seeing as how the last part they had together as a family had ended in chaos and sorrow, she was skeptical but ready to have fun with her family for once in her life. She had just finished setting up drinks and snacks in the kitchen with James and now they walked out, having finished their task. Lucy let out a little squeak in surprise as James pulled her to one side, sweeping her up into a kiss. Smiling widely, Lucy giggled at James’ comment and nodded her head happily. “I would love to see that, I don’t think I’ve even seen you tipsy before.” She murmured fondly before looking at the two pups who followed them wherever they went, like shadows. Reaching down, she picked up Samson and stroked Lady’s ears delicately. Looking at the puppy in her arms, she cooed to it fondly. “We have to make sure all these drunks don’t trample my wittle baby.” Her voice turned baby like as she spoke to the pup.

The puppy licked her hands affectionately but squirmed to be released, laughing Lucy let the pup down and stood up facing James again. “I think I might join you in this “getting drunk”, its been so long that I’m not even sure what that is anymore.” Lucy teased before looking towards Finn who was just heading down the stairs. He looked better than he had before, but he still hadn’t snapped out of whatever trance the Romano’s put him in. “We need to try and cheer him up some..” Lucy murmured to James as Finn walked by, not seeming to notice the pair. “He’s like a ghost now..”

Finn Sullivan
15e05282dc7e8f6d63b0f4a89cb7846f--liam-hemsworth.jpg

Finn’s torment hadn’t stopped, much to his own shock. The constant pain that weighed down on him in the beginning continued just as deep and as strong as when it first appeared. It was a searing white hot pain that blinded him and left him vulnerable. It stripped him of all his defenses and left him useless. Finn had been in his room for the past 3 days, every single one of his cousins taking turns in keeping an eye on him, talking to him, trying to get him to revert back to what he once was. The thoughts of suicide never left the man’s mind, whether they came during the day or snuck into his dream turning them into nightmares, Finn wanted it more than ever.

But tonight, he had the will to try and change things. He had put his foot down and was attempting to make an effort at becoming what he once was. Walking from his room, Finn moved down the stairs and towards somewhere…not anywhere in particular. He had noticed James and Lucy but did not want to burden them with his troubles. Numbly, he trudged towards the kitchen in search of something to eat. His appetite had been less than existent and he was in desperate need of something.

Nicolo Romano
nick-jonas-2014-billboard-650.jpg

Nicolo sat beside Olivia in the lounge as his father prepared the dinner. He was delighted she was out of hospital and was glad to see her a bit more mobile. While she was still a bit weak, he was glad that she had recovered, he had never been so scared as when he found her knelt on her porch. Nicolo had recovered from the night with Finn, however it still slightly played in the back of his mind, he knew this was a guilt that he would have to live with for the rest of his life. Him and Alex had a talk the following night and she had told him that she had been friendly with Conor before everything had kicked off, however he felt as though there was more to the story but was happy enough to leave it at that, he had no intention of telling his father the truth off that night.
When Olivia spoke to him, Nicolo turned to face her a smile on his face "eh sometimes, he used to do it a lot more when we were younger, but he hasnt done it in a while" Nicolo said with shrug "I'm glad that you're able to be seen with us and that you dont have to be keptin the dark anymore" he said as he put his arm gently around her shoulders, careful not to hit her. Suddenly he heard the front door open followed by the sound of his sister's voice. Nicolo turned his head slightly to see Alex arrive into the lounge with a dog, he raised a quizzical eyebrow at his sister as confusion took over his features "what?"

Alexandra Romano
2179186_1321785616624.74res_300_300.jpg

Alexandra had picked up the puppy that morning and had spent the majority of the morning and afternoon getting the right items for a dog, such as toys, a bed and food.
She arrived to the house a little later than she had planned but was glad to see that food hadnt been served yet. "Sorry Im late" she called as she walked in the front door, holding Rocco in her arms and laughed when she saw Nicolo's stunned face "I got a puppy" she practically squeled in excitment. "I couldnt leave him at home alone so everyone meet Rocco" she grinned as she sat down on the seat, holding the puppy in her lap.
Misty Gray Misty Gray ReverseTex ReverseTex Lamia Lamia

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

4e5394dc64a06b1312dbefa422502bd0.jpg The streetlight failed to illuminate the inside of Angel's car, leaving him in the shadows. He managed to catch Sinead in the side mirror, growing a smile. He happily returned the kiss, leaning over his seat. When she went to look at Angel, she'd most likely notice his taped knuckles, wrapped around the steering wheel. He kept his smile while Sinead informed him she had to head home. "That's okay. I'm just glad I get to see you tonight." He raised his eyebrow out of curiosity once she handed him the present.

He untied the ribbon, before popping off the slim top off the box. The stitching of the tie was signature. Angel almost instantly recognized it as Albert Smithton's work. He pulled down the sun cover, propping open the mirror. Throwing the tie he was wearing over his shoulder, he moved the red tie to the bottom of his neck. "Well done, Love," he said with an enthusiastic nod. "What's the gift for? You're not trying to tell me I need a new wardrobe, are you?" He jokingly asked, turning his head to her.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
tumblr_nvdbrobzeg1uwbwdqo6_250.gif
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Already downstairs, in one of the many hallways, and with a small glass of white wine in her hands, Maggie stood in front of one of the houses few "decorative" mirrors in a small daze. Her eyes wandered over her appearance lazily, taking in the dress she had been compelled to slip on, and the styled state of her hair. Conor's party was only going to be small, given the last granduer party the family held, did not end well. She could not deny that the occasion had lifted her spirits more so than anything else had in the past few days. Maggie was constantly with Finn, and slept in his room each and every night, in fear he might try to hurt himself, or worse. Much like Conor, she didn't want to leave him out of her sight if she really didn't have to. Her biggest exception might be tonight..... She spoke with her brother often in those past few days, putting to good use her knowledged of a broken mind, and yet, she didn't press him. Whatever it was he wanted to tell her, he did, and anything else, she let him keep. For now anyway. Finn was scaring Magge beyond belief. Even when he moved it was like he was composed of nothing. Just a shell of a man who used to be whole. In the time since he got back home, Maggie had also been pressing herself with the mystery of who the killer was. His blonde hair and shoes were the two most significant aspects of the man, and so far, she was dead in air. Conor may have known, heck, even some of her other cousins, but they refused to tell her a single thing. She figured they didn't want her doing anything rash, or stupid, with information like that. If she was going to completely honest with herself, she would. So she didn't complain.

A ring from the telephone threw Maggie off, and her deep thoughts dissapeared. She was constantly on edge nowadays, even the smallest things made her jump. The phone rang again, and Maggie rushed to the end of the hallway to pick it up. She noticed James and Lucy were engaged in a sweet little moment in the room, the puppies also pining for some attention. Maggie had been delighted in meeting Samson, he was a bundle of joy, quite literally sometimes, and with Lady's added enthusiasm, made the house's atmosphere lighter. Finn was just passing the four of them. Maggie's face pulled into a frown momentarily before he dissappeared into the kitchen. The phone rang again, causing Maggie to release a tiny sigh and take it from it's place on the wall. The landline, much to Maggie's delight, had a much longer cord than it did previously. She held the reciever to her ear and spoke politely. 'Hello? Sullivan residence~' [should she say that? i don't know X0] A small shuffle sounded from the other end of the phone before a male voice, smooth like honey, answered. 'Mags? It's Arthur, Arthur Mackenzie.' Maggie's face lightened up visibly, and she smiled lightly, glad to hear his voice again. Her family certaily had never met this man, but 'Arthur- You remembered the number~' The male on the other line chuckled. 'Naw, I wrote it down as soon as you turned around.' This caused Maggie to laugh. She hadn't done so for a while, not unless one of the puppies gave her a good wake up. 'Listen, Mags, I was wondering if you wanted to come and see me tonight. I'm in Chicago for the play. Remember? The Crucible play? Cheesy, I know, but the money is good. I thought eventually you would write about your audition, but, you never did~.' This sparked Maggie's memory, and she shook her head despite the fact he didn't see it. 'I uh, never auditioned.' She glanced up at Lucy and James, who were watching her, before looking anywhere else. 'Something came up in the family. I had to bail.' Arthur's tip about the audition was music to her ears a month ago, but she had written it off without even mentioning it. Arthur sounded disheartened. 'Oh, I'm sorry, well, forget about it.~ What do you think? We can have a drink at this pub I just heard about. The Emerald.' Maggie's eyes widened slightly. 'The Emerald?' If there was one thing she wasn't telling a co-worker, or, friend really, it was what kind of work the other Sullivans were in Maggie was more than thankful their film was independent. She liked sparing the details. 'Yeah, I mean, I hear it's a little run down, but service is supposed to be good.' Maggie resisted the urge to defend her cousins pub and bit her lip. 'Arthur, I'd love to, truly, but I am celebrating my cousin's birthday at home tonight. I can't bail on everyone now.' Arthur released a sigh, but his tone stayed lighthearted. In the time she had know him, Maggie discovered how accepting Arthur was about things out of his control, a far fetch from most people she knew, even herself. 'That's okay Mags, I don't want to barge in on your family. You have a stunning night. I'll be at that nice pub if you change your mind.' With a small smile, Maggie nodded. 'Thankyou Mack.' 'There it is~." Maggie gave a small roll of her eyes. 'Till next time Sullivan.' With that, the line went dead, and Maggie put the phone back where it belonged. She turned, while taking a sip of her wine, intent on making it to the kitchen when her innocent eyes landed on her cousin and James. 'He's a friend from work~.' She moved past them like a scared turtle, unsure if one of them would pry further, now almost to the kitchen.

tags; Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz

Sinead Sullivan
c77818832f4c34b168cf9d7ce1d56f5d-jpg.362161

Sinead watched as Angel opened up the gift and began checking the tie out. She excitedly smiled as it became clear he liked it. When asked why she'd got it, Sinead laughed at his joke. "No, I think your wardrobe is perfectly fine... I was just in a gift giving mood and I thought I knew a handsome man who also deserved a treat. Like normal people do for those they love," she explained, her smile remaining, but a little more serious.

Sinead let him put the tie away before she placed her hands on his and looked to his taped knuckles. "Are you okay?" the concern was clear in her voice. "I hope you didn't get into any trouble over me," she added. Of course, she was referring to Steve. "Is he...?"

Enzyme Enzyme

James Porter
jghjk-png.362164

"I will protect little Samson from all drunken feet," James reassured Lucy, flexing his biceps in a joking manner. "And it's agreed we'll both get drunk." James soon turned more serious when Finn walked by. The younger man was still suffering and didn't seem much better than he was the night he came home. The Romanos had really done a number on him. "Hopefully Conor and Sinead will be here soon to help us. They're usually pretty good at creating a positive party atmosphere."

David approched the happy couple and handed James the envelope. "Are you trying to muscle in on Conor's birthday? Special delivery," he joked. He then returned outside to continue watching the place. He'd have a couple of drinks later.

"My own mail, huh?" James said, a curious smile on his lips as he opened the envelope, removing the contents with no expectations. Inside were three photographs and a folded piece of paper. All of the photographs were taken with the entrance sign of Navy Pier clearly in the background. The first was a picture James recognised, of himself as a toddler and his father holding him. The second showed a young woman holding James. The third was a picture of all three together, with the names "Ronan, Rayna and James" written on the back. James was silent for a moment as he actually tried to avoid posing any thoughts or questions. When he unfolded the paper the note simply read: "Ask Shannon about Rayna."

Having not expected anything specific from the contents of the envelope last, he'd made no effort to shield the photos from Lucy. He cleared his throat before sliding the pictures back into the envelope and finding the nearest trash can to drop the envelope into. "Are we getting drunk, then?" he asked, forcing a small smile and not acknowledging to her what he'd just seen.

Maggie spoke up about the phone call she'd had and James took more interest than he would have. It was a distraction, after all. "A friend from work, huh? A guy, you say?" he teasingly asked her, trying to mask anything that wanted to be going on in that head of his.

Mentioned: Lamia Lamia

Last edited:

tumblr_nvdbrobzeg1uwbwdqo6_250.gif
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Maggie scrunched her face up at the sound of Janes voice. She was half expecting it, but dreaded it nonetheless. She was going to spare the details with her family aswell. Anything that happened while she was away, stayed far away from anyones eager ears. Sure, Arthur and her had a little fling, so what. Never in her life had she done anything of the sort before then, but he was a charming man, and she was an adult completely capable of making her own conscious decisions. She turned to James, and stopped in her tracks lazily. 'Yes, a friend~ And yes, a guy~' His tone made it obvious he was teasing her for it. Typical, but still a little funny. 'We worked on an independent film together last December~' She shrugged at her information, seeming nonchalant about it. 'He's in town for a while I guess.'

tags; Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz

Olivia Svensson
c-gk-png.362165

Olivia could tell there was something on Nicolo's mind and that he'd obviously done something that was eating at him. She figured it had something to do with Vinnie's promise about making the Sullivans pay. Whilst she wasn't against revenge and had wanted it herself, she really hoped nobody had been killed in her honour. "I'm glad I can hang out around here too," she said, smiling as he put his arm around her. Vinnie had always been good to her and it was because of him she lived a relatively decent life, but it was even better that she could spend time with her friends Nicolo, Alex and Athena.

When the front door opened and Alex arrived with a dog, Olivia had to remind herself not to make an sudden excited movements that would stretch her stitched wound. "Hey, Alex. You got a dog. How sweet!" she said, smiling brightly at Alex.
neverbackdown neverbackdown Lamia Lamia

Vincenzo Romano
74827bb02f2e4171bbbc7a5a02144d93-jpg.362162

Nicolo's troubles didn't go unnoticed by Vinnie and neither had Alex's words reminding him the young man wasn't like Monte. Vinnie wasn't sure if he could take away his son's guilt, but he'd at least try to think of how to apologise or help him. Vinnie briefly stepped into the lounge when he'd heard the front door close. He was glad to see Alex had joined them and curious about the guest she'd brought along. "I'm glad you could make it, Alexandra," he told her. "And your friend," he added, smiling as he pointed to the puppy. He'd always been too busy for pets and it had never crossed his mind over the years that his kids would have wanted one.

Vinnie fixed his attention on Lorenzo who was walking around the place with a scotch in his hand. His cousin had pulled a disappearing act over the last few days and it hadn't escaped Vinnie's ever-engaged attention. "Lorenzo, let's talk..." he suggested, motioning towards the kitchen so he could keep an eye on dinner at the same time.
ReverseTex ReverseTex neverbackdown neverbackdown

Conor Sullivan
jghk.png

Conor had been at the Emerald for about half an hour, chatting with Cassie and drinking a pint as he waited for Kane to show up. When the man finally arrived, Conor got up and walked into the back office, expecting the man to follow. He pulled out the ledger and opened it out on the desk for Kane to look over. He then placed the envelope of cash in front of the man. "Feel free to count it," he said, referring to the 20% cut Nikolai was now taking from their alcohol trade. Conor wasn't in the mood to talk to the man who had previously betrayed his trust.

"Happy birthday, Conor," Kane remarked. He didn't check the cash, figuring Conor was smart enough not to undercut the Russians. "Look after yourself." Kane left the pub with his face remaining completely serious. He didn't mind Conor, but his loyalties were not with the Sullivans.

Conor returned to the bar and gave Cassie a hug before grabbing his jacket and setting off home.

Lorenzo Romano
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lorenzo had made his way back into the living room, seeing his niece and nephew chattting. He decided to leave them be. The woman named Olivia was also conversing with the two, and his cousin hadn't arrived yet. But just as presumed, Vinnie summoned him into the kitchen for a talk. With a reluctant sigh, he followed Vinnie.

Leaning against the furthest wall from his cousin, he took a sip of his scotch. “Alright Vincenzo, lets get this over with.” He was expecting a light upbraid for his partying, or something quite harmless in nature.

Lucy Sullivan
00356832.jpeg

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy laughed as James flexed his biceps and reassured her that he would protect little Samson from all drunken feet, it would be hard if they were both hammered as well, but Lucy would hold back a little bit. James always worked too hard and tonight he decided he was going to have some fun, and Lucy would make sure he sticks to that. All that changed when David brought a letter that was addressed to James. Curiousity got the best of Lucy, so she peered over James’ shoulder as he opened it.

Looking down, she saw the pictures wondering what they were. Right off the bat, Lucy recognized little James in the picture, it wasn’t hard because even as a toddler the man still seemed as serious as ever. The man and the woman in the picture were almost unfamiliar to her, especially the woman. James turned it over and confirmed what it was, a picture of himself and his parents. The next item in the envelope was a note. Reading it, she raised and eyebrow and almost immediately looked up to see how James would react to such news. From what the enevolpe showed, it looked like whoever had sent it was trying to give James information about his mother.

Lucy stayed silent, not really sure what to say in those moments, having gone from happy and ready to celebrate now having to think about the fact that James had life changing information available to him. James cleared his throat and surprised her by walking over to the nearest trash and dumping it in. He said nothing of the letter he received and instead joked with Maggie just as she had gotten off the phone with someone who was “just a friend from work” apparently. Lucy offered a small smile in response to this but continued to stare rather openly at James. “I think we should get a drink now hmmm?” She asked reading James face carefully. “But I should probably change into something a little nicer.”
Will get a respond for Finn in when I return ^.^ Gives a chance for everyone to get into the party area XD

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

4e5394dc64a06b1312dbefa422502bd0.jpg Angel looked out to the street as Sinead rested her hand on his. He felt the stroking of her thumb reach the taping of his knuckles. There was no hiding it now, but Sinead had to know what would happen when she told him. He could feel her staring at him as he looked off into the distance. He let Sinead's words trail off, before looking to her. "You won't have to worry about him ever again." He had held a smirk, but appeared deathly serious.

"Let's get you home," Angel said, resting his right hand on Sinead's leg. Pulling the car out of park, the tires slowly rolled down the road. Soon enough, the Chevrolet was speeding through traffic. The interior of the car remained in the dark, only periodically illuminated by the passing streetlights. Angel pulled up to the fencing of the Sullivan household, shutting off his lights. He then turned to her, smiling once more. "Hopefully we'll have more time, next time. I still owe you that dinner." He winked, before leaning in to kiss her.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Sullivan
c77818832f4c34b168cf9d7ce1d56f5d-jpg.362161

Sinead watched Angel closely and when he finally turned back to her he told her she didn't have to worry about Steve again. She bit her lip and quickly nodded her head. She couldn't pretend this wasn't what she wanted. As wrong as she knew it may be, she genuinely believed Steve could have killed her had Lucy and James not found her. She couldn't find any pity for her attacker. "I'm grateful I don't have to worry about him finding me again. I can at least feel a little safer." She wasn't sure it was appropriate to thank Angel for killing a man, so she figured he'd just understand she was grateful.

Sinead relaxed in the car seat and smiled as Angel rested his hand on her leg. During the drive home, she shared her gaze between the road and Angel's dimly lit face. He was so interesting and alluring to her, which she enjoyed. Once they parked up, Sinead shuffled so her upper body was facing him and let out a small sigh as he spoke to her. "Next time we need to have a full date, make a night of it," she suggested. When he leaned in to her, Sinead met his lips with hers and placed her hand on his shoulder as they kissed. Once they pulled away, she happily smiled to him before reluctantly climbing out of the car, grabbing the other gift bag as she did. "Until next time, Giovanni," she brightly told him and gave him a quick wave. She then headed towards the driveway leading to her house.

Enzyme Enzyme

James Porter
jghjk-png.362164

"Oh yeah, likely story. Worked on a film together... You just act cool, Maggie. I believe you," he continued to tease her. All the while, those photographs were playing on his mind. Just when he was starting to feel comfortable and able to focus on his relationship with Lucy, something else had to jump in to weigh him down again.

James could see Lucy's eyes were still on him and she was perhaps processing the photographs more than he was allowing himself to. When she suggested getting drinks, James couldn't oblige fast enough. "The stronger the better," he told her. "You should know... My mother is dead and has been since she walked out on me and my old man," he simply informed her. When she told him she was going to get changed, he nodded his head. "I'll be in the kitchen."

As he said he would, James went into the kitchen and poured himself an oversized serving of vodka, barely letting the drink touch the sides before emptying the glass. He wondered how he was supposed to provide uncomplicated stability to Lucy if someone was trying to mess with his head about his own life. He'd spent his adult life without family or baggage, so he didn't like whatever complication was suddenly being thrown his way.

Mentioned: Lamia Lamia

Vincenzo Romano

Vinnie innocently shrugged his shoulders, but smirked along the way. "What? I was just going to ask you if you enjoyed the last few days. A bit of heavy drinking to escape, huh?" he rhetorically asked. "If this is all too much for you, all you have to do is say. You pushed your way into my business and you suggested the method you used to punish Finn. I don't doubt you regret what you did and you have every right to..." he began. He let out a sigh, lowering the oven down as he realised how long the roast had been in. "If you can't handle the duties you've taken on I need to know now, before you mess things up." He folded his arms and looked curiously to Lorenzo. "You never did tell me about the problems you had in the West," he observed. His voice was casual but his eyes suggested he knew something more.

ReverseTex ReverseTex

Lucy Sullivan
621b0f22f5da12afae7cc9a9b5e018f0--amber-heard-amanda-heard.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy listened to the James tell her that his mother was dead, after she had abandoned his father and him. It made her sad to think like that, to think that James mother was dead and she wasn't somewhere regretting not getting to know her own son. Nodding her head slowly, she decided to leave the subject alone for the night, not wanting to ruin what could be a lovely evening. Though it seemed the damage was already done, Lucy offered James a smile before they parted from each other. Quickly, she hurried up the stairs to her room where the dress she had chosen for her brother's birthday waited. Pink normally wasn't she preferred to where but the design was so unique that she felt it would look good on regardless, and she had been right when she first tried it on, even more satisfied with it now.

As adjusted the dress on herself in the mirror, the nagging voice in her head was telling her that this was something James ought to explore, that maybe if he couldn't find his mother if she really was dead, maybe he had family from her side. To know that there might be a family out there for James was exciting and rather terrifying to think about, she couldn't imagine what he must have been going through right now. Regardless, she was determined to be his emotional rock, though he didn't seem to need it on the outside, Lucy knew better. Sighing, she decided it was probably time to head back down the stairs.

Walking back down, she was greeted by the pitter patter of little paws racing towards her, little Samson still struggled to make it up the stairs by himself yet, so he had been waiting for Lucy patiently while Lady followed James. Laughing lightly, she smiled at the pup, "Come on Sammy!" Lucy called to him and watched as he raced ahead of her, heading to the kitchen where James must have been. Upon walking into the room, Lucy was greeted by the sight of Finn, who was sitting silently at the table, away from James who was drinking by the counter and Maggie who had just walked in. Little Samson raced towards Lady and tackled her with his little body, doing nothing to the larger pup, who wagged her tail and backed up from the smaller one. Samson barked at Lady lightly before trying to playfully bite her fur, which sent Lady wagging her tail and growling playfully before running out of the room, little Sammy following clumsily behind. Lucy couldn't hide her laughter at the scene and walked over to grab a glass before grabbing the vodka and pouring herself a drink. "Look like you don't mess around." Nodding towards James glass which was much larger than her own.
Finn Sullivan
15e05282dc7e8f6d63b0f4a89cb7846f--liam-hemsworth.jpg

Finn heard the footsteps not too far away from him but didn't move to see who it was. He sat slumped at the table, simply leaning into the chair, looking like he was trying to become one with the chair. Finn didn't say anything and simply stared at the table, outlining the delicate carving in the wood with his finger. Nothing was on his mind, at least that what he wanted to believe, but his was in a memory he couldn't get out of. His heart rate sped up and it felt like he couldn't breathe, for a moment, he even thought he would pass out from the grief of the memory. A dogs bark snapped him out of it, making him jump slightly as he turned his head sharply to look at where the sound had come from.

The little black and brown puppy on the ground was surprising to Finn and he wondered who's dog it was. He seemed to be familiar with James, Lucy and Lady and he shook his head to himself. When did they get another dog? He wondered, disappointed in himself that he hadn't realized it sooner.He watched Lady and the small pup run off, chasing each other and the smallest glimpse of what could be a smile formed on his lips. After a moment, Finn stood up from his seat and moved to grab himself a drink, seeing that the others were starting to as well.

Lorenzo Romano
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lorenzo want surprised by Vinnie first words, he knew he’d set off some sort of alert in his cousin. Taking a methodical sip of his beverage, a grimace on his face. “I have I messed things up? No. I single-handedly took care of one of your biggest problems. What I did to Finnian Sullivan will traumatize him for life, and leave the rest of his family in his wake. So if you think that’s why i’ve partied the past few days you’d be wrong.”

And then he brought of California into the picture... The only noticeable difference in Lorenzo’s apperence were his eyes widening ever so slightly, but for such a cold man it was a noticeable difference. Vinnie’s eyes scared him more though, as they told their own story. He knew something, and that was terrifying...

My problems were career related, hence my
retirement as a lawyer.”
He said stiffly, not wanting to throw any gasoline into the flame
he knew was going to erupt...

James Porter
jghjk-png.362164

James didn't immediately notice Finn was sat at the table, which made him feel a little bad for not paying attention to someone who perhaps had bigger issues than himself. He was distracted from his thoughts as Samson came running in and initiated some puppy-play-fight with Lady. He managed a brief smirk at the dogs, them never failing to soften James up. When Lucy joined him to grab a drink, he admired her in her dress and raised a flirtatious eyebrow. "You always look so damn good," he told her. When she mentioned he didn't mess around with his drink, he nodded his head. When she finished pouring her own, he took the bottle and filled his glass again. "I told you. I'm getting drunk tonight," he reminded her. Though he'd perhaps gone from getting drunk for fun to getting drunk to block out his problems.

The very faint smile Finn managed didn't escape James' attention and in that moment he saw a glimmer of hope for him. The troubled lad then got up to get a drink and James smiled. "Didn't we tell you we're turning this house into a zoo?" he remarked.

Bellz Bellz

Conor Sullivan
ghgj.png

When Conor entered the house, he was greeted by two very excitable puppies. He crouched down to playfully fight both little dogs for a brief moment, allowing them to nibble on his hands. He then stood back up and entered the lounge, but there didn't seem to be anyone there despite some music playing out from the record player. "This is a pretty shit party," he called out, hearing faint voices coming from the kitchen. In all honesty, he hadn't been fussed about a party anyway, merely wanting all of his family together for one evening. He knew Finn wouldn't be himself and Shannon wouldn't be as fiery as she normally was, but they would still be present in some capacity. As Conor stood by the piano, his attention was drawn to the framed photograph of Emmet that Sinead kept there to look at as she played. He absent-mindedly played a few high notes as he thought about his father. Conor hadn't agreed to this little party for the sole purpose of celebrating his birthday, he just knew it fell to him to keep this family together now. He'd failed to protect Shannon, Finn and Sinead, but he wasn't going to neglect any of his family now.

"Is someone going to bring the birthday boy a drink? I'm bloody thirsty!" Conor playfully called out so those in the kitchen or elsewhere in the house could hear him.

Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion Enzyme Enzyme

Vincenzo Romano

"Oh, okay. So you're not at all bothered by your actions towards Finn. That's good to hear, but probably don't say that in front of Alex and Nicolo," he suggested. "I'm not your father, so it doesn't much matter to me why you went off and partied. However, if you'd rather party than do your job, then I think you need to reassess your role in the business."

When Lorenzo mentioned his problems were career-related, Vinnie was glad he didn't have to force Lorenzo to admit there was a problem. "Your retirement... That was right after your friend's death. Jack, was it? Not a coincidence, am I right?"
ReverseTex ReverseTex

Lorenzo Romano
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lorenzo ler Vinnie finish his ramble about “the buisness” and how it needed stability to survive. He could care less about that bullshit, now that head rightfully upset. “If you think a few parties change my mindset on buisness your quite wrong. Hell maybe i’ll just leave now.” Turning to leave the kitchen, one word paralyzed him.

Jack.

Turning back to his cousin, a fuming annoyance in his emereld eyes. He set his glass gently on the kitchen table, and sauntered to Vinnie. Once the two were almost a inch away, he violently snatched his cousins lapels. “Don’t ever use that name you son of a bitch... You have no right to even know...” Pushing Vinnie back into the countertop, defeat sunk into him.

Vinnie knew. He always knew. Taking a deep breath, he ran a shaky hand through his hair. Awaiting the now threating upbraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back