• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
= Magdeline "Maggie" Sullivan =
"Don't Underestimate A Pretty Face."

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ef5Zkjp.gif
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Maggie bit her lip, face stuck in a small frown. She felt for Sinead, so much. She gave a tiny nod of her head when she mentioned Vinnie's evil. She beleived her wihout a doubt, even if she had not witnessed the monstrosity herself. It raised a question in the back of her head, about how it was Sinead came to know. Her gaze flicked to the floor momentarily at her own thoughts. How much longer was this man going to terrorize her cousins. Maggie tilted her head the slightest at Sinead, her words resonating with the girl. She was sure of it, that yes, she had felt that way once before. Maggie shrugged her shoulders a little with a tiny nod. 'Yeah, I have.....'
Her lips pursed, and although Maggie wanted to tell her cousin it wasn't the right thing, she couldn't bring herself to do it. She was right, Sinead was right, and it was the only thing Maggie had a hard time computing. Right now, violence was their answer, whether they liked it or not. With a breath out, Maggie nodded. 'So do I Sinny~." She turned her head, the tinest smile gracing her features as she watched her aunt sleep soundly. 'Anything for family..'

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
location; Sullivan House
what; understanding//content
ootn;
when; Tuesday 15th 1949
T.O.D; Evening
weather;
tags; Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Sinead Sullivan
hbgjkgb-png.357481

Sinead caught Maggie's small smile and followed her gaze to Shannon. "No matter what happens in the future, I hope all of my family knows how much I love them and I only ever wanted to have the same in return. You, Finn and Aidan have brought even more love into this house and I don't know how we managed without you all," she said. Sinead then gave Maggie a tight hug and kissed her cheek. "Thank you for being here," she softly told her. Sinead then stepped back and leaned over her mother to give her a kiss on the forehead. Afterwards, she left the room and went into her own bedroom.

Sinead closed the door behind herself and sat at her desk. She lifted the framed family photograph and looked closely at the picture, running her fingertips along the glass pane as tears streamed down her cheek. She wasn't sure if she recognised herself anymore. She'd gone from being the girl who never lied and never wished harm on another person, to betraying her family by falling for the enemy and wishing death upon Vinnie. She loved Angel and there was no way she could give him up, not now. She adored her family and would never wish for a different one, but she just wished they weren't criminals and then she could date who she wanted without having to lie to them.

myst.erion myst.erion

Alexandra Romano
c66573466bf92162b077a1afae8df5e3--selena-gomez-hair-selena-gomez-fotos.jpg

Alex raised a quizzical eyebrow at Athena "what kind of accent?" She asked her. Alex already knew that it was the Sullivans who had done this, but she wished that she was somehow wrong, otherwise Conor had betrayed her trust and she couldnt deal with that.
When Leo changed the subject, Alex was grateful, however she didnt let this show. Alex smiled when she thought of Conor, even though at the moment she was annoyed at him, she couldn't help the giddy smile that splayed onto her features "He couldn't come tonight sadly and no I'm not embarrased by yous" she said sincerely. "I hate keeping it a secret but at the minute its the right thing to do, I dont want to jinx it or mess it up" she explained, although this wasnt the reason at all. "He's lovely and if yous got to know him properly yous would think so too, and he treats me well" she assured Leo before holding onto her necklace "he gave me this" she said with a sheepish grin

Lamia Lamia Misty Gray Misty Gray

Nicolo Romano
Nick-Jonas-2016-Press-Shot-3-Photo-Credit-Yu-Tsai-1-360x360.jpg

Nicolo smirked at her joke "well I'll try my best" he jokingly promised with a wink. In reality, he knew it was safer for her if he could provide security outside of a hospital bed and he knew it wouldnt be long till she was allowed to go home. When she reached out her hand, Nicolo smiled and gently took it in his own "Well I'm surprised" he said, no hint of teasing or jokingness in his voice "because you definitely deserve to be treated like royalty" he said sincerly before kissing her hand. "You do need to rest though, so maybe try and sleep" he suggested, the smile still on his face "I promise I'll be right here" he added in a reassuring tone.​
Misty Gray Misty Gray

e589c615d1b762600d174bf22fde9594.jpg
Carrick hadn't heard neither his cousin or mom speak to him at all. To him, nothing but revenge had been on his mind the whole time, which was unexpected, considering he had never let anger roll his head. Heck he hadn't even payed attention when Sinead had come in or when she wished death upon Vinnie, something that he would had completely agree had he been thinking right. Before, he would had never wished death to anyone, heck, he wouldn't had even picked up a gun before, he didn't think he would had been able to pick one up if his father had been alive. "I refuse to let anyone else die." He whispered as he finally regained his bearing. "Fathers death was hurtful, but mother, no one touches her." He Whispered after he saw his mother sleeping. To him anyone that hurts his mother was an enemy, even one of the reason he had loathed his sister, after all, he had always been a mamas boy since he was little and no one hurt his mom. And that included them Romano's.
Misty Gray Misty Gray myst.erion myst.erion

Leo Davide

lllll-png.356447

Leo listened as Alex asked Athena what the accent was and he couldn't help but speak up. "It could have been anything, Alex. The Sullivans don't strike me as fussy about the nationality of the people they have doing their dirty work for them. Unfortunately, Vinnie isn't either," he reasoned. "It was the Sullivans and that's all we need to know."

Leo listened as Alex spoke of her mystery boyfriend and couldn't help but teasingly giggle at her. "Oh, well he sounds like a decent guy and it's a shame we can't meet him. As long as he's treating you well, though," he trailed off. He leaned forward to look at the necklace she was showing them. "Oh wow! That's definitely a sign of a keeper... I think I need to up my gift-giving game," he remarked, looking to Athena in a playful manner.

neverbackdown neverbackdown Lamia Lamia

Aidan Sullivan

tumblr_otf4slrRV21u8au21o1_500.jpg

Aidan bit his lip, watching as Conor and Conor interacted with one another. It was indeed, odd that a Russian mafia would want help from them. They were one of the largest mafias ever, it was quite peculiar. Seeing as these men has larger and more deadly weapons, Aidan released his hand from his pocket.

He stayed silent, wanting to speak up but forcing himself to be quiet as the two men conversed. The young man had veered away from Conor side as Nikolai had gotten into Conor's personal space. His eyebrow arched slightly, slightly worried that Conor would snap but was relieved when he saw his cousin keep his composure.

Aid leaned against the wall, eyes shifting between Conor and Nikolai. This whole thing gave him a very uneasy feeling as he looked on.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
@Bella
Enzyme Enzyme

Athena Archer

tumblr_inline_ok45bil9Bh1rlybbs_250.gif

Athena nodded when Leo had quickly answered Alex's question to her about the type of accent. The type of accent wouldn't be too important seeing that the Sullivans hired a vast majority of people with many different backgrounds and cultures.

The young woman smiles as Alex began to speak of her mystery boyfriend. Athena really did want to meet this mystery boy but she understood that Alex wanted to keep it a little secret for now. "He sounds really nice Alex. When you're ready to introduce him, we'll welcome him with open arms. I promise." she said with a gentle beam.

Her eyes averted to the necklace as she spoke of it. "Oh, it's beautiful." Athena smiled softly.
She glanced at Leo, chuckling at his statement.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
neverbackdown neverbackdown

Chapter 12: Broken Minds
Wednesday 16th February 1949
Evening (7pm onwards) - Mild, dry, clear.
150741802488679.jpg

Lakeside Restaurant
Sinead Sullivan
jik.PNG

Sinead had been working since the early afternoon and as she glanced to the clock, she saw it was 7pm, only thirty minutes until her shift ended. The sheet music in front of her was for relaxing and, in Sinead's opinion, forgettable pieces simply aimed to be background sounds whilst the customers ate and conversed. She remembered every note of those songs having played them so often. As she lightly pressed the keys, her eyes were closed and she went off into a daydream. The people around her were so wrapped up in their own little worlds and ignorant to the true dark nature of this city. The more she thought about it, the more her family's troubles caught up to her and the more playing these dull songs irked her. She opened her eyes and glanced around before ending the current song and starting to play a more dramatic piece of Beethoven. Being able to play this one was still one of her biggest achievements and right now, the fast and loud nature of the song felt like a release to her. After just a few seconds, she realised she'd got people's attention and perhaps now they could appreciate music as much as she did. Closing her eyes once again, she continued to play without caring that people were now staring and probably trying to catch their breaths back after being startled by the sudden shift in tone and volume from the piano.

For a time, Sinead shut off from everything around her and was lost in a world of nothing other than the sound of music and the feeling of serenity. She was jolted out of that peacefulness when she felt a firm hand tap her on the shoulder. Her eyes darted open and then she saw Mr Buchanan standing to her right side and gesturing for her to stop playing. Sinead took a deep breath before slamming her fingers down on the next chord and holding it there for a few seconds, letting the loud sound fill the room. She then lifted her hands and looked to her boss with a sweet smile. "A song like that should really always be played to the end," she sweetly told him and placed her hands on her lap.

"Sinead, we both know you're wasted in this place. But you're employed to play the music in front of you and just provide a little bit of background music for my diners. As marvellous as that piece is, it's making the customers uncomfortable," he quietly told her. The man knew of her recent loss so was being kinder to her than he could have been. "How about you finish early and get yourself home for the rest of the evening? I'll see you again in a few days for something a little less intense."

"I merely wished to open their eyes to the real world, Mr Buchanan," she told him. She calmly got out of her seat, despite wanting to scream the place down. "I'll see you next time," she agreed. She brushed past the man and went to retrieve her things before leaving the building.

Sinead stepped outside into the mild but dark evening, holding onto her bag with one hand as she set off walking home. She passed the point of the street where Angel had found her again on Valentine's Day and couldn't help but smile faintly as she thought of him. It also reminded her of the point leading up to that where she'd felt like someone had been following her. Once again, she felt that same feeling. Sinead decided to quicken her pace, keeping one hand in her pocket and gripping onto the handgun she had finally taken out with her. Angel was right, she needed something a little smaller and easier to hold in her dainty hands.

As she turned the corner, she felt someone grab her arm and pulled her into the alley of some old abandoned houses. As the slim but strong man pulled her arm, he dragged her hand of from inside her pocket and she dropped the gun on the floor. The man hadn't noticed the weapon drop in the struggle. "Get off of me, you jerk! Tell Vinnie to go to Hell!" she yelled. The man then grabbed her shoulders and pushed her back against the wall, facing her and not letting her step away. She looked to the man's face and recognised him as Steve, the former employee of the restaurant who hadn't taken her rejection too well last October.

"Who the fuck is Vinnie?!" he snapped at her. Sinead quickly shook her head, knowing this wasn't a friendly meeting considering he'd just dragged her off the street and swore at her. She shouted for help and kicked Steve in the shin before attempting to rush off, but he wrapped his arm around her waist from behind and placed one hand over her mouth. "I only wanted to talk," he hissed at her.

The Sullivans
Conor Sullivan
vb.png Conor sat in his office and dialled the number to Alex's apartment. Things were going downhill again and he needed to see her before things had chance to kick off too much. "Can we meet by the clock tower, in the next hour? I need to see you," he told her. Even if it was to just to hold her for five minutes, he needed it. His mother had been shot and could have died. There was no way he could just ignore that and let Vinnie get away with it, but he needed to reassure Alex he wouldn't harm her. As complicated as it all was, he loved her.

Once he made his way downstairs, he caught Finn and Maggie who were just about to head off to help Cassie out at the Emerald. Conor placed his hand on Finn's shoulder, glad he'd caught his cousin just in time. "There's a delivery due at the pub around 8 o'clock. They'll park out the back so as not to be seen, just whilst the cops lay off," he explained, since the cops had been tipped-off the previous night. "Can you make sure every bottle is accounted for? They ripped us off by one case last week." Once agreed, Conor then caught Aidan's and Carrick's attention. "Why don't you two head down to the pub with them? Have some drinks or something. Luca and David can keep an eye on this place - mum's going to be resting for a while yet."

Conor then approached James and Lucy in the lounge, stroking the back of Lady's ears as she approached him. In light of what had happened to Shannon and the visit from the Russians, he was feeling more cautious than he had been. Sinead had been adamant about wanting to be able to make her own way to and from work. James was in the process of sorting her out with her own car, but for now she was happy to walk around. Conor wasn't happy with it now though. "Can you two do me a big favour and take Lady on a different route for her walk? Sinead finishes at 7.30. Can you head to the restaurant and walk home with her? I don't want her coming back on her own in the dark." If they set off walking now they'd make it in time.

James Porter

ghj.png James hadn't been comfortable with things since the presence of the Russians the previous night, Nikolai was clearly trouble, despite him offering to help get rid of the Romanos. James generally didn't trust people, so members of the Russian Mafia sounded many alarm bells in his head. What had been just as surprising was the restraint Conor had shown towards the intruders. Whilst James was glad to see that, he wasn't convinced the younger man could keep it up for much longer, not with these pressures and Shannon having been attacked. James was also surprised that Conor agreed to give up a portion of the alcohol to the Russians with no resistance.

During the day, James had been out arranging to buy a car for Sinead on behalf of Conor. He did worry about Conor's sister going off out on her own so much, but at least if she had her own car she'd be less vulnerable than when walking the streets alone. After dealing with the car business, he'd then been catching up with some of the gang members around the city, finding out if they'd seen or heard anything the family needed to know about. Word on the street was that one of Vinnie's "family" members had been stabbed on Valentine's Day. James hadn't heard of this Olivia before, but apparently the Romanos were blaming the Sullivans, as expected by default. He'd mentioned it to Conor and the others, despite knowing it was piling more pressure on them they at least needed to be aware of this.

James was now sat on the sofa with Lucy, along with Lady who was nuzzling at their legs for attention; a walk. They'd already arranged to head out with the dog soon when Conor asked them to change their route to meet Sinead on her walk home. "That's fine with me, mate," he agreed, but looked to Lucy for her response.

Bellz Bellz myst.erion myst.erion Enzyme Enzyme Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Lamia Lamia neverbackdown neverbackdown

The Romanos
The Grand Hotel

Vincenzo Romano

8dfd9f2c7a61f4133e036a088c2d59fb.jpg
Vinnie had been in a bad mood since the previous night when he'd heard about Shannon Sullivan being shot at. Enemy or not, he had not given the go ahead for that to happen. He'd demanded his closest advisers find out who had done that so he could punish them. Romanos or not, this was not a part of his plans. His plans involved Finn and Vinnie had spoken with Angel first thing that morning telling him to have the Sullivan lad brought to the hotel basement that evening. By force or not, he expected Angel to manage the task pretty easily. The Sullivans had hurt Olivia, so the Romanos would hurt Finn.

Knowing Nicolo was at the hospital with Olivia, Vinnie had paid her a visit a short time ago before bringing his son back to the hotel bar where he'd also told Lorenzo to meet them. As he sipped his scotch, Vinnie looked to his son. "The Sullivans will suffer the way we have and the way Olivia has. I'm letting you watch whilst Lorenzo breaks Finn," he explained. "Are you ready for that?" he seriously asked.

Leo Davide

hbhgbh.png
Leo would be working at the hotel until late this evening. He'd seen Vinnie marching through the lobby with Nicolo, but the man seemed distracted. It was for the best. The longer the man didn't see his bruised face, the longer he could put off lying directly to him. He'd been telling his colleagues and guests he'd been mugged in the street, which he intended on telling Vinnie too, if he had to. He decided to keep one of the regular staff members on the front desk so he didn't feel like everyone entering was looking at his injuries.

Leo had suggested to Athena that she swung by the hotel if she wasn't busy. He knew Vinnie wouldn't mind her "distracting" him on the job. She was never a distraction anyway - her face was a welcomed one by the others at the hotel. They liked her and thought the couple were adorable together!

neverbackdown neverbackdown Lamia Lamia ReverseTex ReverseTex Enzyme Enzyme

Alexandra Romano
1904392_1313835471936.05res_450_300.jpg

Alex had meant to pay Conor a visit last night when she left Athena's, however she ended up staying there longer than expected. She had needed a good night with friends, and even though she was bubbling with rage that they had been attacked, she was able to ignore that feeling while she was with them and ended up having a great night just catching up with Leo and Athena.
Alex had finished a long shift in work and arrived home at around 6 o clock. She made herself dinner and decided that she was going to try and get in touch with Conor at some stage that evening. She found that it was hard for her to contact him as she couldnt be seen around the Emerald and she was also afraid to ring his private phone incase someone else answered. As Alex cleaned up her plates, she heard the phone ring and moved to get it. "Yeah see you then" she told him before hanging up. At least that was sorted! Alex got changed out of her heels and dress from work and got into something a bit more casual and easier to run in, incase something happened. She trusted Conor wouldn't hurt her but she had also trusted him when he said he wanted peace. Alex was conflicted and confused and hoped talking to Conor would help her see straight again. About forty minutes later, Alex left her apartment and made her way to the usual meeting place. She leaned against the clock tower as she waited for him to arrive, going over her argument in her head so that she'd know what to say.

Nicolo Romano
1415399563134_Image_galleryImage_Nick_Jonas_jpg.JPG

Nicolo had stayed over night again in the hospital with Olivia, sleeping on the chair beside the bed. It wasn't comfortable and his neck and back hurt but he couldn't get himself to leave her side, he promised her he'd stay there and so he was. When his father arrived, Nicolo left to get Coffee as he let them speak before coming back into the room to find out he had to attend a meeting. He knew what it was about and so he just nodded his head. "I'll be back soon" he said to Olivia and placed a gentle kiss on her head before following his father out to the car.
Once at the hotel, Nicolo followed his father in quietly and took a seat beside him at the bar. He listened to what his father said and nodded "I am, the bastards deserve everything thats coming to them" it was clear that Nicolo hated the Sullivans, they had caused so much pain and loss for him that even before Olivia was targeted he would have happily signed up for this. Nicolo took a sip of his whiskey before looking at his father "when is this happening?" He asked
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lorenzo Romano
e510d2086e8d7be9595318bab855a7f8--orange-coast-pedro-pascal.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray neverbackdown neverbackdown

Lorenzo had quite a busy day. He started with doing a odd task, shaving. Shaving his signature moustache away for the first time in years, but for good reason. Today he was to destroy a man, he didn’t need his mostuache imprinted in Finn’s mind to later give him away. Plus, he looked almost entirely like a new person.
Secondly he handled a few distributing orders, quite simple really. And finally he began his search for a house. He had been in Vinnie’s home for to long, he needed his own space. Money wasn’t a option, so it was hard trying to find something that suited him.

But with the day coming to a close, and his evening plans coming to a near, he made the drive over to the hotel. Per usual, he was fashionably late. It didn’t appear to be to bad though, as Nicolo and Vinnie were just starting conversation.

Tonight actually, hope you’ve got the balls, because I don’t take this lightly.” He probably startled the two, seeing as he drastically changed his apperence. Smiling at Vinnie, “Hey we swapped facial hair for once!” Raising a hand for the bartender, he asked for a gin and tonic, not wanting any heavy liquor before work.

Conor Sullivan
hnfghn.png

Conor was carrying two guns on him this evening, unsure if he was expecting to be attacked or expecting to attack. As he walked towards the clock tower, he was extra cautious, keeping an eye on his surroundings. His mother had been shot the previous evening and the cops had seized one of his alcohol shipments. Not to mention the rumour going around that some Romano girl, Olivia, had been stabbed - something Alex would be aware of by now too. He was unaware that something had happened to Leo too and he was honestly just looking forward to seeing Alex's cute face.

Conor saw Alex leaned against the clock tower and he quickened his pace so she didn't need to wait a second longer than necessary. "Good evening, Alex. Looking hot, as always," he greeted her. He would lean in his place his hand on her should and kiss her lips.
Vincenzo Romano
8dfd9f2c7a61f4133e036a088c2d59fb-jpg.358160

Vinnie nodded along as Nicolo said he was ready and the Sullivans deserved this. "Don't you forget that. After what they did to your mother and now hurting Olivia, this is the least we can do." Vinnie didn't get chance to answer his son's next questions as Lorenzo joined them and answered it himself. "What your uncle said," he confirmed. "Angel should be on it as we speak, so it won't be too long," he assured them.

Vinnie turned to look properly at his cousin when he mentioned swapping facial hair. "Well, I'm just too busy to find the time to shave. What happened to you? I don't think I've seen your face that smooth since we were kids," he remarked, with a chuckle. "And don't worry about Nicolo. He's a Romano, so being strong is in his blood."
neverbackdown neverbackdown ReverseTex ReverseTex

8abc69ee7d5dc2446339ea07348f4cc7.jpg
Luca could be found getting ready to go guard the Sullivan household when suddenly he heard a bark, which made him look down and see a small one month puppy. He smiled before picking him and holding the puppy as if he was a child. "Hey Espresso." He said to the small puppy, as he remembered how he had found the little guy.

{It had been late at night and Luca had been fixing his vehicle, considering that the motor hadn't been able to start for while now. So he had decided to go fix at 1am,which was weird for others considering that either he was at job at the time or sleeping the day. So while he had tried to fix it, he had suddenly heard a small whimper from under the car and being who he was, he had taken out his gun and decided to check what it was. Why would he take out a gun? We'll, you never knew when someone would try to rob you, when you weren't looking. While looking under the car, he had seen a small shivering bundle, which had confused him since why would someone place something or someone under a car. He just hoped it wasn't a baby, he didn't want to be questioned by the police. So reaching out his head, he had grabbed the bundle and brought it out. He had been surprised when it had turned out it was a small puppy.}

After that, Luca had spent almost the whole night making sure that pup was okay, barely getting any sleep at all. Now that he though about, why did he give him a name when he could had sent Espresso to the animal shelter? It was confusing him but at the same time, he felt that he had done the right thing in deciding to keep him. Now he just needed to see what Kate reaction to Ress would be like.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lorenzo Romano
e510d2086e8d7be9595318bab855a7f8--orange-coast-pedro-pascal.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray neverbackdown neverbackdown

Lorenzo simpered to the bartender as he received his drink, taking a amused sip before responding. “You wouldn’t be wrong cousin! Makes me less recognizable. Don’t want this Irish vermin to spot my Tuscan mustache from a mile away.” Running a hand across his shaven face, a really uncomftable feeling overcame him.

Turning to Nicolo, his warmth immediantly dissapeared as buisness took over his thoughts. “Tonight. To begin, you will be silent. Any word could affect the outcome of tonight, so it’s best if you keep your trap shut. Secondly, you will stay in the shadow. We don’t need this Finn Sullivan spotting Vincenzo’s son. And lastly, no matter how bad it gets, you can’t tell me to stop. This man will crumble, it will be quite disturbing and there’s not doubt about it... So, do you accept my terms..?” Taking a slow slip of his gin&tonic, his emerald eyes never quavering off of Nicolo.

Finn Sullivan
c6423139b36759eaaf0b5f1f7bf2fd9f.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion Lazy Taco Lazy Taco
Finn had just finished getting ready to head off to the pub to assist Cassie tonight, grabbing his coat he was just about to walk out the front door with Maggie when he felt a hand stop him. Turning, he smiled upon finding Conor, raising an eyebrow he wondered what he was in need of. Finn listened carefully as Conor told him that there was a deliver due to arrive behind the pub around 8 tonight, nodding his head he would take this task very seriously. Conor had been experiencing a lot of stress lately and after that meeting with the Russians, Finn was doing everything he could to try and take some of the weight off the man's shoulders. "Got it Captain." He said in his usual light tone and gave his cousin a small two fingered salute.

Looking to Aidan and Carrick as Conor suggested they go as well, he offered a wide smile before nodding his head towards the door. "Come on mates, I'll get you started with a couple drinks and maybe you can help me with the delivery that comes in tonight." He told the pair before shrugging on his coat at last and making his way out the front door. He only walked a few steps out before making sure the boys were behind him. After everyone was accounted for, he moved towards his van and unlocked his side door before unlocking the whole van from the inside. "Alright pile in children!" He said teasingly before sitting in the driver side seat.

The drive to the pub was shorter than usual, despite it being the middle of a work week, the streets were empty compared to what they normally were. Finn had been talking with his cousin's about the Russians who had visited their house when he parked the car. "Well, it just doesn't seem to add up to me...I just haven't had the heart to tell Conor.." He expressed great concern for his cousin in charge, as he hopped out of the van. Walking towards the entrance, he nodded his head at the guard and smiled. "Evening mate." The Emerald always had a way of making Finn feel like he was at home. Comfortable and free to just be himself, sometimes he preferred it to the stresses of being at his Aunt Shannon's home. "Hey Cas." Finn spoke to the woman. "Got a whole army here to help tonight!"

Lucy Sullivan
tumblr_m6jvh9b2BU1qce1rfo3_250.png

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy had been trying to keep herself busy around the house whilst everyone went to work or was carrying out different "work" for the family. Since her mother was still on bed rest, Lucy took it upon herself to make sure the house stayed just as tidy and put together as her mother normally kept it. After making sure her mother needed nothing more for the time being, she had rounded up Lady and cornered her. The pup was not too pleased with Lucy but she was in desperate need of a bath after she dug a large hole in the backyard, the gophers teased the dog relentlessly and the poor girl couldn't resist. When Lucy had found her she was covered in dirt and mud and was trying to rub it off on the carpet in the lounge.

After struggling to get the dog into a tub, she herself ended up getting just as soaked trying to keep the dog in the tub. Once she was cleaned and rinse, she immediately ran from the bathroom soaking wet and Lucy was sent running after her with a towel, catching her just before she could make it out her dog door into the backyard.

Now Lucy was sitting on the couch with James, in new warm clothes from the ones she had worn earlier. Lady was practically twitching to go outside for a walk and the couple had just agreed that they would take her in a short while, when Conor came up and asked them if they could change their normal walking route so that they could walk Sinead home. James voiced his response first before turning to Lucy. Smiling up at her older brother, she nodded her head. "I don't mind at all!" Lucy informed the two of them before deciding that it was probably best to head out right then. "We should go now then, our poor girl is restless." Looking down, Lady was sprawled out on the floor looking up at them, begging for attention which caused Lucy to laugh happily. "Such a drama queen."​

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

unnamed (28).gif
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Over the past day and a half, Maggie had been between her own room and her aunts. Like the others, she felt it was her duty to keep her safe, and keep her comfortable while she rested. Her mood was lightening, faster every hour, so to speak. Partly because her aunt would be okay and partly because the Russians "promise" meant justice against the Romano's. Maggie had however been put off a few times with calls from her director. He was a pretty dirty man, he just had great ideas, and now, weeks from the release of the film, he was making hell for Maggie about not being in the studio enough. She tried her best to let it slide, but it was constantly biting at the back of her head. If she wanted to live a stable life, and not depend on the families money as much as she used to, she needed to work on more than just a b grade movie. Were she to score an a grade production, she might even be on her way to purchasing her own place; she was already saving. Maggie had come to realise compromise was better than failure.

Now, she and her brother were just heading for the door, on their way to The Emerald for a few good working hours when Conor's voice behind her stopped her in her tracks. She had been laughing at something Finn had said, but went quiet so as to hear Conor. She made a mental note to herself, and nodded a goodbye at Conor when he was appeased. She smiled brightly at her cousin's when they were invited along for the ride. 'I get shot gun.' Her arm went around Aidan as they went out the front door for the car. It was a pretty mild night, the sky was clear of clouds, and so far, no rain had fallen over Chicago. Maggie adjusted the coat on her arm and the bag hanging from shoulder to waist as she pulled herself up into the passenger seat of Finn's van. The commute was rather short, something Maggie noticed easily. Routine came natural to her, so she easily spotted a difference. Nonetheless, they were on their way. Conversation about the intervention by the Russian Mafia struck up quickly. Every Sullivan had something to say about them; who knew. Maggie felt they would all be wise not to underestimate them. She had heard plenty about the russians, and that was just from people she spoke to on set's. She felt if they earned their complete trust, the Sullivans have gained the best ally. That is, with great caution.

Maggie turned to her brother as the truck stopped, and she opened her door. "The sooner you tell him teddy, the better~." On their way into The Emerald, Maggie spared a smile and a greeting to the guard out front, David. She had been glad to find out the member had not been injured in the Russians ploy. He had always been kind and loyal to her family, something she greatly appreciated. 'Good evening David.' Upon entering the pub Maggie basked in the atmosphere. Like home, only....more alcohol. She waved a greeting to Cassie as she made her way past Finn to get her things under the bar and out of sight. 'Evening Cas~.' She chuckled at her brother's attitude as she watched a male leave his seat and pretty much flounce towards the bar for another drink. She made note of his lack of a glass, so took a step towards the collection and set it on the counter top ready for whatever liquor he desired. 'Wonder what he's drinking~ ' She glanced at Cassie for a moment with a humoured expression. When collecting the glass for the male she had noticed the clock. 'About 40 minutes now Finnian,' she reminded him. Finally, the drunk had half his body on the counter top. 'Bourbon.' With a smirk Maggie pulled the bottle from beneath the counter where she had previously grasped it and poured her first order of the night.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
location; Sullivan House --> The Emerald
mood; happy//ready to work//vigilant
what; ariving at Emerald w/ Finn, Aidan and Carrick, greets Cassie and reminds Finn of the time
ootn; w/ heels; also has a coat and strand bag
images (22).jpg
when; Wednesday 16th February 1949
T.O.D; Evening - 10 min past 7:00

weather; Mild, Clear, Dry
tags; Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Lamia Lamia

Last edited:
Alexandra Romano

Alex had a whole speech out in her head, she wasnt going to acuse him, she wasnt going tio attack him or jump straight out with it rather she was going to ask him and lead slowly into it. However all reason went out of her head when she saw him. She wanted it to be untrue, she wanted him to have been set up. Before he kissed her, Alex looked up at him "Leo and Athena?" She questioned "Olivia?". She wasnt angry nor did she sound it, she was clearly upset and conflicted however as she continued to speak "please tell me its a misunderstanding" she pleaded
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Nicolo Romano
1415399563134_Image_galleryImage_Nick_Jonas_jpg.JPG

Nicolo nearly jumped out off his seat when he heard a voice behind them, he hadnt heard Lorenzo walk over and had been so focused on his father that he hadnt be aware of his surroundings. He listened to Lorenzo's conditions and nodded "dont speak, dont stop it and stay out of sight" he repeated "yeah thats do-able". Nicolo knew this was going to be an uncomfortable experience and he also knew that he mightnt be able to handle it. Convincing someone to commit suicide was not something to be taken lightly and he knew that. He accepted the cold feet and feelings on uneasiness as he knew that meant he was human. However despite all that, he was going to partake due to the fact that Olivia had been stabbed and his mother killed by the Sullivans. "I take it Angel is getting him?" Nicolo asked them before taking a sip of his drink. He knew he'd need a whole lot more of this tonight
Misty Gray Misty Gray ReverseTex ReverseTex

Conor Sullivan
hnfghn-png.358229

Conor froze on the spot just as he was about to touch Alex's shoulder and kiss her lips. She mentioned Leo and Athena, which caught him off-guard for a couple of reasons, mostly the fact he wasn't yet aware anything had happened to them. He took a step back and folded his arms, realising there was something more serious clearly on her mind. Then when she mentioned Olivia, he had a good idea what her issue was. She appeared upset as she pleaded with him to tell her it was all a misunderstanding. He diverted his gaze so he could make eye-contact with her as he spoke. "Leo and Athena? Leo's the skinny, smiley guy who works at the hotel? No idea what you're talking about," he dismissively replied. If he was being accused of something he could open a can of worms himself. "As for Olivia, I heard what happened to her. That was nothing to do with me and none of my guys had anything to do with that. Not to be disrespectful, but I'd never heard of this Olivia until earlier today," he assured her. "When I said I wanted peace, I meant it..." he said, a tinge of anger breaking through into his voice.

The Emerald Pub
hnb jhb.png
David had been pleased to see some of the Sullivans arrive at the pub. It was never as fun when he was working away from the family home, but he'd agreed to keep an eye out for any cops who might be hanging around and Conor had wanted Kane's security guards away from the Emerald for now. "Cassie's going to be glad you lot are here," he told them, with a humoured smile.

When Maggie walked behind the bar, she was met with a quick hug and kiss on the cheek from Cassie. "Good evening. You lot got here just in time!" She then went on to give Finn the same, only a little tighter. "You did a great job with Mrs Sullivan last night," she assured him. She then stepped away and took a deep breath. "I'm going to need that positive attitude and smile of yours tonight. Harry isn't back until the weekend, so it's just been me. We've got a group of like a dozen drunk guys in," she said, pointing to the corner of the room. "Celebrating a birthday and rowdy as..." she fell silent as she noticed one of them standing up on the table. She marched towards the group and whacked the guy's legs with the towel she'd been holding. "Get down from the table, monkey boy!" she berated him in her thick Irish accent.

myst.erion myst.erion Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Last edited:
Alexandra Romano

Alex looked Conor in the eye as he spoke so to pick up any signs on if he was lying on being honest. "Yeah Leo works at the hotel" she said in response to his question. When he finished, Alex heard the anger in his voice and nodded slowly "my mind didnt jump straight to the Sullivans I believed you and still do when you said you wanted to keep the peace" she admitted as she looked down at the ground. Alex knew by the look in Conor's eyes that he was telling the truth and actually felt a bit bad for believing otherwise but her doubt had been well reasoned. "They had been given a message" Alex finally said as she looked back up at him a frown on her lips. "They were told It was from Emmet Sullivan". If the Sullivans werent behind this, then that meant someone was trying to start the war up again between the two families and that scared Alex. She knew she was safe from Sullivan hands but she wasnt safe anymore if another gang was getting involved.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Conor Sullivan
hnfghn-png.358229

Conor only felt angrier when he heard whoever had harmed Alex's friends was using Emmet's name and memory to do it. That was the worst kind of disrespect and something that Conor would not ignore. "That message was not from the Sullivans. I can assure you, if I was going to get revenge for my father's murder, there would be no warnings and I'd go straight for your father as well as whichever bastard it was who killed my dad and shot James and me." Conor didn't want to be be so angry around Alex, but now everything was being brought up. "There is no more peace, Alex. My mum and Finn were shot at last night. My mum was hit and nearly died. There's only one family who would do that and it's yours, Alex. In fact, how do we know those messages given to Leo and Athena weren't from one of your father's own men? Some men find peace boring and would love nothing more than to stir up the war again." He looked Alex in her sweet eyes to help calm his building fury. "I'm not going to lie to you, Alex. The first opportunity I get, I will kill Vinnie."

Kate Henderson
fjtfdyt.png

Kate had been working at the tailors shop until around 6pm. The guy who was getting married tomorrow had a last minute alteration that needed to be done on his suit. She knew it would only be a quick job so she agreed to stay back to do it for him. He'd been very grateful and gave her a good tip for it. Once she was done, she locked the place up and hopped onto the perfectly timed bus. She hadn't personally heard from Vinnie for some time and she hadn't exactly been hiding from his goons in the last couple of months. She'd long since stopped worrying about the Romanos. If they were going to go for her, she was sure there was little she could do about that, so she wasn't losing anymore sleep over it.

When she entered Luca's place she stepped inside to see him holding a small puppy in his arms. "Well, what's going on there, then?" she curiously asked him. A smile crept onto her face as she saw the gangster holding the adorable little animal. "This is certainly a sight I didn't expect to see."

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Sinead Sullivan
jik-png.358164

Steve dragged Sinead into the first empty house and pushed her so her back was against the wall again. They were in the filthy old kitchen and the place smelled awful. The room was barely lit by the thin beams of the streetlights sneaking through the boarded up windows. She suddenly found herself wishing for that gun she'd drop, because there was no doubt in her mind that she would shoot him at this moment. He deserved it. "Steven, you're not being very nice," she said, trying to keep her voice soft despite her fear. "You could have just met at the restaurant and talked. I thought we were friends?" She knew they weren't. Everyone at work had said the guy was weird and creepy, but she gave him the benefit of the doubt. It was probably her kindness that had made him fall in love with her, but he had mistaken her intentions completely. Apparently he'd become obsessed with her since. "We can still be friends, you know?"

"Where did you go after your dad died? You left me... Friends isn't enough for us," Steve told her. He then leaned close and move his face close to hers so he could kiss her. Sinead kneed him between the legs before he had chance and pushed him away from her so she could bolt for the door. He grabbed her by the hair and dragged her back before pushing her down onto the floor, causing her to hit the side of her forehead on the wall. "I didn't want to do that. Get back up and sit down," he told her, pointing to a grubby old chair.

James Porter

ghj-png.358155

James nodded his head when Lucy said they should head of for their walk now as Lady was getting restless. "I think you need a friend," he playfully told the dog as he rubbed the fur underneath her chin. He got up from the sofa and handed Lucy the leash so she could attach it to the dog's collar. James went to retrieve the gun Lucy had recently gifted him, also checking it was loaded. He grabbed his coat and waited in the hallway for Lucy.

As they walked, James linked his arm with Lucy's. Whilst she held Lady's leash, James kept his free hand in his pocket, ready should he need to grab his gun. It might seem like no way to live always being ready to defend, but to James this was just normal. If anything, James had found it more uncomfortable when he'd started to believe there was peace. Being ready to defend and attack at any given time had long since become his natural state.

"I'm glad most of this bloody snow has gone," James told Lucy, kicking a chunk of ice out of the way. "Sure, it's nice to wake up and see everything covered in the fresh white blanket, but it just leaves this dirty grey slush. The city still looks like dirt when it's all gone." As they were passing an alleyway, Lady began to tug on the leash, evidently finding something of great interest down there. James peered down the alley but he couldn't see anything of interest. There was some trash dumped along the way, but other than that there were just empty houses with the windows boarded up. Chances were some homeless guy might be squatting in one of them. "Come on, girl," James said, wishing to continue walking. "Lady is driving me crazy today," he complained to Lucy. As they continued to walk, Lady sat down and resisted the leash, whimpering as she looked down the alley. "Jesus..." James groaned as he looked to Lucy to see if she was okay with them checking out whatever was bugging the dog.

Bellz Bellz

8abc69ee7d5dc2446339ea07348f4cc7.jpg
Luca had been scratching the ears of Espresso when he heard the door open and saw Kate come in. Normally he would had looked at her with a calm look on his face but considering what he was doing, it caused him to lose his unreadable expression and adapt a deep shade of red as he realized he had been caught red handed while holding the puppy as if he was a kid. "Uhhh." He really didn't know what to tell, especially when she asked what was going on. "I can explain." And explain he did. Telling her how he had found the puppy and eventually deciding to adopt him. "Kate Meet Espresso, Espresso meet Kate, your mother." He said as he held the pup toward Kate. Sure it was going too by saying that she was his mother, but he had wanted to see her expressionless on being called a mother.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Alexandra Romano

Alex listened as Conor spoke, she could hear in his tone how angry he was and rightly so since his family hadnt given the message. When he mentioned his mother, Alex's face contorted into an expression of shock "is she ok?" She asked with concern. She couldn't defend her family because honestly Alex had no idea if they had targeted Shannon or not. When he accused Romano's being behind the attack on Olivia, Leo and Athena she shook her head "Think what you want of my father but he would not have authorised that attack, he may throw his family under the bus but he would never intentionally cause harm to them, maybe one of his men did it behind his back but he wouldn't hurt them especially Athena, she's practically my sister".
When he practically promised to kill her father, Alex fell into a stunned quietness. She had no idea what to say. While she knew her father had lead himself into this path and would be the cause behind his own death and likewise Conor had every reason to kill him, she didnt want him to die. While she may not be close to him anymore, he was still her father and she was too young to be an orphan. It had only been a short time ago that she had lost her mother, she could not lose her father too. Speaking or not to her father, she knew if the opportunity arised, she would risk her life for her fathers, like she should have done for her mother.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan
hnfghn-png.358229

When Alex asked if Shannon was okay, Conor nodded to her but then shrugged his shoulders. "I think so... I don't know. Finn managed to get the bullets out and fix her up. We're hoping she'll be okay once rested. Mum's never weak, but she made it sound like she was giving up. I don't know," he admitted. "Look, I don't know who hurt your friends, but it was nothing to do with me or any other Sullivan. Everything was going fine and we were all happy just focusing on business. None of us wanted to jeopardise that. Obviously, your father will never believe that, which is why he tried to have my mum killed."

Conor realised how stunned his words had left Alex. Really, he wasn't expecting her to jump for joy and offer to help him kill Vinnie, but it still made him feel bad seeing how his words affected her. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that to you. I love you and I know I shouldn't be saying things like that in your presence." He reached out his hand to gently place it on her shoulder. Vinnie had caused so much pain to Conor and his family that he could never take back his words. He could only apologise for saying them to Alex. He bit his lip and momentarily glanced away from her. "Are we going to survive this? Can you really still love me when I hate your father as much as I do?"

Kate Henderson
fjtfdyt-png.358444

Kate couldn't help but laugh at Luca's awkwardness. She then listened as he explained how he came to suddenly adopt a puppy. "Espresso? Why the name? Does the puppy smell of coffee?" she half-joked. When he held the dog out to her, Kate accepted the animal and held it in her arms, softly stroking Espresso's head. "Mother, really?!" she drily asked. "Then again, I'd take a puppy over some screaming human brat any day," she admitted. She found kids to be beyond irritating.
Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

a96043f6fcb73496e9ed5859f1ae093f.jpg
Luca had tilted his head in confusion when she asked why he had named the puppy Espresso. What was wrong with the name? He remembered how before he came to the USA, while in Italy, his grandparents had a dog named Toro, which had been a weird name for a dog who didn't even look like a bull or when another Italian family on New York had named their small dog Alto,which had completely confused him. "What's wrong with the name? I like coffee and his fur reminds of it, so I decided to name have k Espresso, it's not as horrible as calling a small dog Alto." He commented before his mischievous side took ahold of him and he decided to wrap one hand around her waist while his free hand was rubbing the chin of Espresso. "Considering I would be the father of the pupper, I decided that the girl I like should be the mother." He admitted.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Athena Archer
tumblr_omexw2pQrF1ul6h7io1_500.jpg

Athena would be casually strolling along the neighborhood after her shift at the bar. She had decided on a casual look for the day, not really being in the mood for fancy things. The young woman was currently sporting a white tee with a splotchy jean jacket, and dark blue jeans. As for makeup, she had none on today which was a rarity. Her lashes were naturally long and full so mascara wasn't even needed. The girl didn't like wearing wearing makeup everyday as she wanted to keep her skin healthy.

Her curls were a wild mess today. However, she just let them be.

Athena's gaze would then be directed to the hotel which Vinnie owned and Leo worked at. The latter man had invited the girl to head over to the place. Athena entered the large building and flashed a smile at the staff there, waving slightly. The staff at the hotel really seemed to like her. Catching daily compliments such as how sweet and kind she was. The girl waded through the crowded hotel in search of a certain blue-eyed man.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aidan Sullivan

a7942aaa8b0cad5e4dd9db343be879e4.jpg

The recent events had Aidan a little flustered to be honest. He was always checking up on his aunt, making sure she was okay and always asking if she needed anything.
The boy's attention was focused on the black and white television until Conor told Finn and Maggie to do something related to the pub. Then he turned to himself and Carrik, telling them to head with them. Aidan got to his feet, "Alrighty." He responded, locking his arm with Maggie's as they exited the home and reached for the vehicle. Aidan sat in the backseat with Carrick as Finn drove to the Emerald.
The boy hopped out when they got to the Emerald. "Tell him soon Finn." He advised, the whole Russian gang just didn't make sense to him at all.

When they entered the pub, he raised an eyebrow at sight of a wobbling man going towards the bar. He chuckled as the man had then slumped on the bar table. Aid took a seat at the bar, looking at Maggie.
"Mind getting me a beer Mags?" He questioned with a smile.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz
myst.erion myst.erion

unnamed (18).gif

Maggie turned her attention from the drunk who had drawled out his name was Jack, to Cassie. She gave a small chuckle and a sigh. "That won't be a problem Cas~." Finn had been in an exceptionally good mood today, much to Maggie's delight. She knew they could count on him to keep the atmosphere lively, and safe. And Cassie could count on her to keep the spirits high. Pun intended. Upon witnessing Cassie's sudden attack on the rowdy bunch a hearty laugh eminated from her. Maggie rolled her eyes with a shaking head at the kind of antics their customers had the guts to perform in front of the irish woman. Even Jack started to wheeze. She layed her eyes on him and with a roll of her eyes shoved his shoulder off of the bar. 'Back to whence you came.' He was drooling all over the bench. Maggie retrieved a rag from beneath the top to wipe down the area. Her head then turned to Aiden with a smile. 'Anything for you my dear.' Once the bench was clear she was quick to open a bottle for Aiden and hand it to him. She also took the opportunity, what with Cassie occupied, to poor herself her own glass of whiskey and hold it up to Aiden. With a clink of their glasses, she drank.

location; The Emerald
mood; happy//ready to work//vigilant
what; "cheering on" Cassie --> gets Aiden his drink --> *clink*
ootn; w/ heels; also has a coat and strand bag beneath the counter
when; Wednesday 16th February 1949
T.O.D; Evening - 10 min past 7:00

weather; Mild, Clear, Dry
tags; Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Lamia Lamia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back