• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Alexandra and Nicolo Romano
in the house ......

Alex listened quietly to what Leo had to say about her relationship with Conor. While it was obvious that he did not agree with the relationship, Alex got the sense that he at least understood it to an extent. She slowly nodded and gave him a half smile but was unable to find any words to say.
When he hugged her, Alex hugged him back but listened intently to what he had to say. She had to fight back the tears of relief that were fighting to spill over as he told her he would warn Conor “thank you Leo” she whispered as she squeezed him slightly tighter.
While Alex knew the relationship with her and Conor was finished, she was still glad that he now had a fighting chance to get to safety and to live his life. She just hoped now that he would leave and get away from her father. Speaking of her father, Alex stepped away from Leo when he entered the room and looked up to him when he spoke, she nodded as Leo left the room before looking back at her father “I’ll will” she said with a nod before he left the room.
Alex turned to pick up her coffee again when she heard someone enter the kitchen, Alex turned to see her brother. She hesitated on his chest as she feared to look up at his eyes, she was terrified of how he might be looking at her.

“Alex ... I ....” Nicolo didn’t know what to say his sister anymore. They used to have such an easy relationship, He once would have called her his best friend but now , now he didn’t know what to think. Nicolo looked on as Alex slowly looked up at him. He could see the still evident pain behind her eyes and sighed, no matter how angry he was with her, he hated seeing her upset or in pain. “I don’t even know what to say , I’m not happy in the slightest about it” he told her before sighing in frustration. He watched as Alex silently nodded.
“All I can say is I’m sorry, I can’t excuse it and I can’t take it back, but I loved him” Alex said sadly while looking down.

“We’ll have a talk about this later Alex, when we get back” Nicolo frowned as he ran his hand down his face. He sighed, deeply troubled before wrapping his arm around his sister in a tight hug “I love you alright, your still my baby sister and just as much of an idiot as I thought you were”. Nicolo pulled back from the hug and ruffled his sisters hair giving her a small smile “but we will talk about this later” a tone of seriousness present in her voices
Alex allowed a slight smirk to pass her lips when he called her an idiot “I love you too” she said before he left.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

(Will post the church in a few, they needed to have a goodbye!!)

10764211053_9a61a2b8b7_b.jpg

Nikolai Kuznetsov

2f90a94795b501ba645a62fd317b0e74--tommy-boy-tom-hardy-taboo-tv-series.jpg
Nikolai sighed as he adjusted the buttons on his overcoat. He made his way down the alter, towards the side door that was still bobbing back and forth past it's fixed position. He moved out of the door and into the alleyway, able to see Salvatore's figure out in the distance. Nikolai moved for the Tokarev pistol tucked between his shirt and pants. He pulled back the slide and extended his arm down to Salvatore, just as the Italian would begin to feel safe. Two shots were all it took to discontinue the man's knees. The impact of the 7.62 rounds pierced through Salvatore's legs and exploded his kneecaps on direct contact. The man collapsed on to his knees, bellowing out an agonizing shout that would echo throughout the large alleyway.

Nikolai took his time walking down to the maimed Italian, soon joined by a few gunmen from inside. "It's rude to leave in the middle of a service, comrade," Nikolai said as he got closer. He stepped in front of Salvatore, before crouching down to his eye level. "Originally, I would've let you live, but I cannot let your betrayal go unpunished." He shook his head lightly, chuckling a bit. "It was a gamble giving someone with your level of greed such a task. It was a test of your integrity," He looked back up to Salvatore with his viciously keen eyes, "and you failed." He made a ticking noise as he shook his head, standing up to his full height. "You had one job, keep an eye on Vincenzo. What do you do?" He tilted his head, almost expecting Salvatore to answer him. "You attempt to involve yourself in his business affairs and when he denies you, you have your own brother shot for your financial benefit."

"I could forgive that, all that, if you didn't leave me in the dark. You never told me anything and then ignored my attempts to contact you. You completely turned your back on me, like a fool. You forgot who got you here, put you in Chicago; you bit the hand that fed you." He leveled the barrel of the gun with the Italian man's forehead. "This is where your journey ends, comrade." He lowered his aim to Salvatore's chest, before pulling the trigger four times. With every shot, Salvatore jerked in a different motion, before falling back onto the concrete he previously kneeled upon. The Russian lowered his handgun and watched as the life poured out of the Italian's back and dripped the sewage drain. Nikolai had decided to shoot the man in the chest, allowing his loved ones to have an open casket. Despite Salvatore's betrayal, he still had a soft spot for an old friend.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Nicolo Romano
The church

PAn90S7T_400x400.jpg
Nicolo raised an eyebrow at the Russian standing on the alter. He couldn’t help but shake the uneasiness he felt about the meeting being held in a church, it just felt wrong but regardless he wanted to get rid of the vermin Sullivans and they needed allies or so he believed.
Nicolo sat down on a bench a little hesitantly as he watched the Russian standing at the alter. Something just didn’t feel right about this entire situation and suddenly he wished that Olivia wasn’t here anymore, he looked back towards the entrance as Nikolai ranted on about sins but when the Sullivans was mentioned, Nicolo squeezed Olivia’s hand. Something was wrong.
Before he had any time to react, all chaos broke look, Nicolo heard the gun shots and watched as the gun men began to flood in. “Shit” he shouted as she quickly stood up trying to shield Olivia with his body as he pushed her down into the pews. “I love you” he told her but groaned as he felt a pain in his lower abdomen. This was quickly followed with more immense pain as bullets ripped their way into him. Nicolo fell to his knees before falling down onto the ground, he tried to keep his eyes open, tried to fight this but he knew this was the end.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Enzyme Enzyme

Olivia Svensson
os-png.396254

As she sat listening to Nikolai speak, Olivia's eyes were fixed completely on him as she mentally attempt to analyse his words, the read between the lines. Something was off with this and she wondered if Vinnie was too blind in his pride to notice. She felt Nicolo squeeze her hand and turned to look at him, to see if he was uncomfortable too.

There was no time for her to react or gain Vinnie's attention. Everything was very rapidly thrown into chaos. She instinctively shielded her head with her arms before realising Nicolo was also shielding her. He pushed her down so she could be protected from the bullets. When he told her he loved her, there was a finality about it and she looked up to realise her lover had been shot multiple times. The tears suddenly streamed down her cheeks as she saw him fall to the ground. "Nicolo. No!" she wailed, before rushing over to him, giving no thought to the bullets flying around her. ""I love you too," she reassured him. She placed a hand on his shoulder and used the other to frantically try to get to the wounds. Despite knowing she wouldn't be able to treat him, she still desperately tried to do something. "Please don't leave me. I love you. You have to fight," she pleaded with him. All thoughts or awareness of anything else around her and Nicolo were completely blocked out of her mind.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Nicolo, Cormac)

Leo Davide
cc-png.396248

Leo froze in shock for a split second that felt like an eternity. Everything in the church had turned to madness. When he saw Vinnie being dragged away, he rushed to follow him. He wasn't sure what he could even do, but he had to try something. Before he could reach to his own gun, a bullet ripped into Leo's shoulder and sent him stumbling back until he tripped over a lifeless body and fell to the ground. He knew if he were to get back up the Russians would have fired on him again. Instead, he rolled over onto his stomach and kept as still as he could, only hoping the others were able to get out of this alive. Hearing Olivia's screams, he willed her to be silent so she could go unnoticed or at least play dead. He peered through his half open eyelid where he could see James attacking Vinnie. None of the Romanos were getting out of this, of that he was sure. As he felt the pain in his shoulder, he tried his best to block it out, hoping the Russians would assume he was dead too.​

Cormac Sullivan and Nicolo Romano
tenor.gif

Cormac was standing silently listening intently to what was happening out in the church. He couldn’t help the smirk that crossed his lips as he heard Nikolai mention the Sullivans and begin talking about sins. He knew right about now was when they would realize that this was a set up but he just wished that he could be in that room to see the look of horror in their eyes as they realized it was the end for them.
Cormac pulled the safety off his gun as he heard the first gun shots go off.
“Now's your time” he said as he turned slightly to look at the James, the smirk still present on his lips “just Don’t lose yourself alright mate” he added before the door swung open. He watched as Vinnie got dragged in defensively before nodding at James and moving into the church, he knew James wanted to do this alone.
Cormac looked around the see the Romano guards were all dead and turned his head in time to see Nikolai walk out of the side door, followed by some of his men obviously someone had escaped or at least attempted to. Cormac stepped more into the church and saw a man lying on the ground face down near the door to the office, the young lad had obviously tried to save Vinnie, "what an idiot!" Cormac muttered as he stepped over what he believed to be a lifeless body and made his way towards the sounds of crying. Now this was sure to be interesting.​

PAn90S7T_400x400.jpg
Nicolo could hear Olivia telling him to stay with her but her voice was becoming distant, almost like she was far away and not right beside him. He reached his arm up slowly and used his thumb to wipe away her tear, he hated seeing her upset and even with his own pain he still wanted to take hers away. His eyes were beginning to get heavy as his body went numb. All he could feel was an unsettling coldness in his bones and he knew that he didn't have much longer. His breathes were getting weaker and didn't seem to be getting in as much air as they used to but he willed himself to keep breathing and to keep his eyes open until he saw Olivia was getting away from here. "Olivia .. I " Nicolo was interrupted as a cough erupted from his chest, his turned his head as he coughed and looked down at the blood that had come up. "I'm not going to make it out of here, but you have to get out, you have to run" Nicolo told her with an air of seriousness present in his tone. "Please for me just ......" Nicolo was cut off as he saw a shadow cast over Olivia and turned to face a man he hadn't seen before, obviously Cormac Sullivan the scumbag who had hurt his sister. "Olivia please run now" he urged as he tried to lift himself of the ground so to allow Olivia enough time to run.

Cormac looked down at the love birds dying words and smirked. "Aw isn't this cute" he muttered as he looked between the two. He laughed as he watched the man trying to stand up, looking at the wounds in his stomach there was no way that he was going to last much longer but if he wanted to dance first then Cormac wasn't a man to turn down an interesting situation. He held the gun focused on the girl and smiled at her "It's a shame that someone so pretty should meet an end like this" he told her as Nicolo persisted to try and drag himself up. "But this is what you deserve, this is for my aunt Shannon" he told her as venom broke into his tone. Cormac pulled back the trigger but was surprised when his arm was suddenly thrown to the side and the bullet whizzed off into a wall. "What the ...?" Cormac turned to see that Nicolo had indeed managed to pull himself up using the pew and smirked to himself as he watched his struggle to remain standing. "I have to say I am quite impressed kid" he told him and was completely taken-back when Nicolo lunged at him, however his strength was no longer with him it seemed and the lunge held no effect.
"Fuck you" Nicolo spat with venom in his words before he pulled out his own gun "this is for Alex" he stated before pulling the trigger, Nicolo's aim was off however as Cormac tried to move and the bullet landed in Cormac's shoulder instead of its intended position in his chest . Cormac grunted in pain before raising his gun to Nicolo's head in one swift motion "Time to join your father" with that Cormac pulled the trigger and watched as the bullet lodged itself in the middle of Nicolo's forehead, he watched the man fall and his blood sprayed back hitting Cormac in the face. Cormac then turned to see the girl trying to make her way out of the church and ran after her, ignoring the pain in his shoulder. He lifted his gun and pulled the trigger landing a bullet into her right thigh and watched as the girl fell. As he came to a stop beside her, he allowed a big smile to appear on his face "You should have run when you had the chance girly" he muttered before aiming the gun at her chest, Cormac shot twice and watched as her body fell to the ground.

He looked around at the blood bath before his eyes caught onto movement, he quickly raised his gun but lowered it again when it realised it was James. "You ok?" he asked him as he placed his gun back into his waistband.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Enzyme Enzyme

Lucy Porter
With: Conor, Samson and Lady (yes they get to be up here too :( since this will be like the last moments with them) mentions: Leo Misty Gray Misty Gray , Alex neverbackdown neverbackdown Enzyme Enzyme
Lucy let her husband go without much else to say. He knew how she felt about the task at hand, but she knew how she felt about this all wanting to end. After a final kiss that felt more like a goodbye than anything else, she watched James and Cormac leave. As soon as the door clicked closed, the phone in the other room began to ring, causing Lucy to jump in alarm. Taking a deep breath, clutching the letter James had asked for her to give to his mother in the event he didn't return home, she quickly made her way to the phone and picked it up. "Hello" She asked softly and the voice on the other line surprised her. She wasn't sure who the voice belonged to but the information he was giving her made it clear he had been working for the Romano's. Lucy absorbed his words but before she could say anymore, the line went dead. Lucy held the phone in her hand with a bit of shock in her eyes. The feeling of shock was soon followed by intense guilt and then urgency. "Conor, we need to go. Now." She told her brother as she hung up the phone. Lucy knew that her husband would be able to take down Vinnie, but now she was worried about them taking down Alex.

Placing to fingertips between her lips, she blew out, sounding out a loud whistle. The sound of heavy paws hitting against the tile could be heard before both dogs came to a skidding halt in front of her, sitting and waiting for further instruction. "Good loves." She cooed to them before moving to grab car keys and a coat along with a hand gun and spare bullets. "They know about you and Alex, Vinnie found out. Seems like he was saving your torment for after their meeting but if we are lucky he won't get very far. Now Alex, Alex I'm worried about." Lucy admitted as she loaded her hand gun with bullets before nodding towards the front door and grabbing her brother's hand. "Let's go." She told him firmly before whistling again, causing both Lady and Samson to stand and walking out the door with their master.

Soon out of their driveway and almost out of the city limits, Lucy felt heavy chested thinking on the warning she had received, prompting her to evacuate the rest of the house. She wondered who it could have been, who knew both sides and yet still remained somewhat neutral. Lucy looked at her dogs in the rearview mirror before turning to Conor for a moment, still keeping an eye on the road. "Con, talk to me." She murmured, wondering what he was thinking.

Olivia Svensson
os-png.396254

Olivia sobbed as Nicolo told her to run. She knew she wouldn't get far before someone shot her and she couldn't leave him to die alone. There was so much death around her. She felt a wave of anger as she heard Cormac's mocking words, but she didn't look to him, only wanting to look to Nicolo in that moment. But when he addressed her directly and mentioned Shannon, Olivia looked up to the Irishman as her bottom lip trembled. She knew she'd helped Salvatore to get to Shannon a few weeks ago, but she also knew the Sullivans had hardly been innocent in having Vinnie shot and beating Leo up.

Olivia gasped as Nicolo attacked Cormac, but his aim was off and it wasn't enough to stop the Sullivan man from shooting her lover in the head. Olivia let out a scream as she too was sprayed in Nicolo's blood and she watched his life be suddenly extinguished before her eyes. "Dra åt helvete!" she hissed at Cormac in her native Swedish tongue. Her body trembled as she looked beyond him but she didn't make an attempt to move, instead allowing the man to shoot her in the chest and kill her.

neverbackdown neverbackdown

James Porter
jiu-png.397302

James had watched Nikolai leave the church in pursuit of Salvatore and was satisfied in the knowledge the Russian would take Vinnie's brother down. His face remained emotionless as his attention was drawn to Cormac who put a bullet in the Romano heir's skull. The attention was then drawn to the only Romano still alive - a pretty young woman. James knew who Olivia was and any reluctance to watch his cousin kill her was non-existent. He'd recently learned she'd been the one who helped Salvatore capture and torture Shannon, so he had no pity for the young Swede. He didn't doubt she'd been a great asset to Vinnie, therefore a destructive force to the Sullivans. He felt no remorse for watching her die.

When Cormac asked him if he was okay, James outstretched his arm to motion towards Vinnie's bloody corpse. "Yes, I'm okay," he told him, as if the answer was the most obvious thing in the world. "Are you okay?" he asked, acknowledging the man's shoulder. "Our family is now free of that monster. I couldn't ask for anything else," he assured him. As the Russians began making their exit, James decided they should take the same course of action. James held one of his guns, ready to fire if needed, and briefly scanned the area as they left the church. He was satisfied the Romanos had been taken down.

Once outside, James walked with Cormac back to their car, parked far enough away not to be associated with the church. "I don't know about you, but I'm sure there's a few vodka shots with my name on them over at the hotel once you're patched up."

James knew the magnitude of what had just happened would hit him soon, but he wished to hold such reflections back for a while, at least until he could share his thoughts with Lucy. All he knew was there would be a lot of changes now and he could only see them being for the better. The Sullivans were free of the hold Vinnie had over them and hopefully relieved of the burdens that plagued their thoughts each day.

Leo Davide
ezgif-5-4d4fafdea4.gif

The minutes spent "playing dead" were agonising for Leo, both physically and emotionally. It was difficult to watch Vinnie die, then hear both Nicolo and Olivia be slaughtered. He wasn't sure if he would ever know how he managed to stay still and quiet rather than releasing the turmoil within him. He listened as he heard James and Cormac speaking. The former referred to Vinnie as a monster and Leo knew all too well how much the Sullivans had suffered at Vinnie's hands. Whilst Leo cared for Vinnie and saw the man's good side, he wasn't oblivious to how much the Sullivans had suffered because of him. It didn't make losing those around him any easier, but he at least understood why it had happened and knew Vinnie had practically invited his own brutal end.

When he was confident the Russians and Italians were gone, Leo carefully got to his feet. He removed his jacket and folded it up, pressing it firmly against the bleeding wound in his shoulder. He stood for a moment, tears streaming down his cheeks as paid a silent respect to Vinnie, Nicolo and Olivia. It wouldn't be until he'd slipped out of the side door that he also saw Salvatore's lifeless body on the floor, prompting him to also regard the man.

Leo didn't have the keys to Vinnie's car and he couldn't bring himself to going through a dead man's pockets. Instead, he hobbled down the street, hoping he could at least make it to his own place and get someone to help him. He knew where Alex and Athena had been sent - he needed to break the news before they found out from someone else.

Bellz Bellz
Mention: neverbackdown neverbackdown Lamia Lamia

Conor Sullivan
chris-hemsworth-bruce-weber-january-2016-holiday-cover-vf-05.jpg

Conor stood by curiously as Lucy ended the call and he waited to hear what it had been about. He was briefly distracted by the two dogs, until Lucy informed him that the Romanos knew about his relationship with Alex. A lump suddenly form in his throat at the thought of what Vinnie could do to him... in the event he managed to wriggle away from James and Nikolai. He stood stunned, until Lucy mentioned she was worried about Alex. When his sister took his hand to lead him outside, Conor rushed to the car with her.

Conor was nervous during the car ride. He was worried for James and Cormac. Scared for Alex. Anxious about being caught by the Romanos and tortured again. But beyond all of that, there was still more on his mind. When Lucy told him to talk to her, he turned to look to his sister's face. "Other than worrying about James, Cormac and Alex? I'm thinking if things do go our way and we beat the Romanos... I need to leave for a while. There's a whole chunk of the world I need to see away from Chicago. I'm lost, Luce, and I'm not going to find myself in this city."

Conor's attention was then drawn to the young man struggling down the street, holding his shoulder and soaked in blood. "Ah shit..." he muttered, wondering if Lucy was thinking about helping him too...

Bellz Bellz

Lucy Porter
With: Conor, Samson and Lady (yes they get to be up here too :( since this will be like the last moments with them) mentions: Leo Misty Gray Misty Gray , Alex neverbackdown neverbackdown Enzyme Enzyme
Lucy bit her lip as she turned a corner sharply, so much so that she wondered if the tires lifted slightly. She wasn't slowing down until she had her brother out of harms way. She could give a shit less about herself in those moments, though she knew James would have a few words to say about it if he were in her head. "We will miss you." Was all she had the chance to say before a bloodied being was seen hobbling its way towards somewhere. Slamming her foot on the breaks, she looked closer at the person. Surely he had just came from the bloodbath her husband had planned along with the Russians beautifully. He was the living aftermath....he shouldn't have been. Lucy flung the car door open before getting closer to him, he was starting to say something and the voice sound all too familiar. Her heart leaped and she immediately felt guilt closing her throat, making it harder and harder to breathe. The man before her had sent out a warning to her and Conor, urging them to get out of town. Whilst she was thankful he hadn't been killed, she knew he would stand no chance if he too stayed in the city. Lucy couldn't really understand what compelled her to reach out to the man, but as she found her hands reaching for him...she didn't regret it. It was you...on the phone." Was all she said as she beckoned him to the car.

Lucy looked to Conor wondering if he found her crazy. James could wring her neck for this, but fate would not have had this man stumble upon them if he wasn't meant to be saved...right? Or perhaps she was given an opportunity to end the miserable sod with her own two hands. Death wouldn't ruin Leo and she knew it, just from looking at him...she could already see the war within, time would be the end of him. "Need a lift? This things got a lot more horsepower than those scrawny legs of yours....at least that's what I've been told." She rubbed her car's hood sweetly before looking at Leo again. "My husbands got a spot for the Romano's heads waiting above the fire place. To be honest, I would like to have the whole set but..if I were you...I would listen to what I have to say next."

They didn't have that much time but Lucy could speed things up. "I like Alexandra. Surprisingly enough at the end of the day, I don't want to see the girl get hurt. I'd say she's earned the right to live with all she's done for us...and so do you. Come with me and I will make sure you all have the next train out of here. Or don't." The blonde shrugged and looked at Leo curiously, hoping he wasn't stupid enough to deny such a sweet deal.

Leo Davide and Conor Sullivan
ezgif-5-4d4fafdea4-gif.398036

Leo heard the car pull up near to him and he turned, starting to tell them he needed a ride. He froze when he recognised Lucy and Conor in the vehicle. He was about to continue walking when Lucy spoke to him, confirming she recognised him from on the telephone. He slowly nodded his head to confirm she was right. He knew he had limited options right now and he wasn't sure how far he would be able to get on foot. He reluctantly approached the car, listening as Lucy told him about James' desire to have the Romanos' heads on his fireplace. He took a deep breath and continued to hear her out.

Lucy mentioned that she liked Alex, and Leo was already aware Conor clearly felt the same - more so. When she told him to get in the car so she could have them out of the city safely, he didn't really have much choice, so she nodded his head and got into the back of the car, glancing to the two well-behaved dogs. "I know where Alex is and I can direct you. My girlfriend is with her and she's heavily pregnant, so I can't have her getting harmed." Conor nodded his head, having seen and heard about Athena on a number of occasions. Leo thought back to what he'd just witnessed - all of the death around him. As easy as it was, he couldn't be angry with the two Sullivans in the car. The last time he'd been in a church with the Irish family, two of their friends were killed - Lucy, Conor and James were all injured. Leo had been the one attacking that time.

As Lucy drove, Leo continued to apply pressure to his shoulder, but then turned to look to her. "Your husband walked out of there unharmed. He did what he set out to do," he confirmed to her.

When they reached the non-descript motel Leo motioned to the two armed men standing by the door. "I'll deal with them," he told the Sullivans. Leo got out of the car and approached the men who he supposed he called friends by now. He explained in selective details what had happened and told the men they needed to disappear, fast. After some persuading, they gave in and allowed Leo to take over guarding Alex and Athena. When the two Italians had driven off, Leo beckoned for Lucy and Conor to join him...

chris-hemsworth-bruce-weber-january-2016-holiday-cover-vf-05-jpg.398039

Bellz Bellz
neverbackdown neverbackdown Lamia Lamia

Cormac Sullivan
c2d57397fe74e2b42330a1c800330d43.jpg
Cormac nodded when James said he was okay as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. He knew all to well the feeling of taking down someone you destested and he just hoped this didn’t change James in some way.
When James asked if he was ok, Cormac gave a nod before looking towards his shoulder “I’ll be fine, it’s just a pretty new scar” he said with a smirk but his attention was diverted when he saw the Russians leaving.
He followed out of the church and walked towards the car, a smile on his face as he hummed to himself, there was nothing better than a successful mission. “Vodka shots?” He asked “nah mate, this is a celebration we need Champagne” Cormac laughed “but” in added in after thought “I could probably do with the vodka while this bullet is getting taken out”

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James)

Alexandra Romano
highlights-lowlights-for-dark-brown-hair-okay-i-am-a-hidden-selena-gomez-fan-she-is-gorgeous-and-i-love-her-songs-th.jpg
Alexandra lay on the bed of their little motel room, she wasn’t great company for Athena and Alex knew that but all she could think about what was her father had told her. How he was going to brutally torture and kill Conor. Alex just hoped that Leo had got a warning to him in time.
“So what...” Alex was cut off when she heard talking outside of the room and turned her head towards the door. Her father couldn’t be back already? Could he? She couldn’t make out the voices but the steady mummer let her know that there was definitely people there.
Alex started to feel nauseous, what if her father found out someone had warned Conor? Would he blame her? She prepared herself for another lecture as she’s watched the door handle being turned.

All thoughts flew out of her head when Leo walked into the room and her eyes went straight to the wound in his shoulder. She jumped off the bed and gently approached him, her eyes still glued to the blood on his shirt “Leo what happened?” She asked but she was pretty sure she already knew. Alex had never trusted the Russians and she had a feeling this had something to do with them. “Ni....” Alex stopped speaking as she watched Conor and Lucy walk into the room behind Leo, she looked at them with confusion clear on her face and then it sank in, Leo was shot and Conor and Lucy was here with him, her family were dead.
Alex was too in shock to cry but the turn of her stomach nearly made her get sick on the floor and she sank back onto the bed. The silence was deafening as she tried to compose herself, it was like she had gone deaf, unable to hear what was being said around her, all she could think of was her father, uncle, Olivia and especially Nicolo after what felt like hours but was really only a few seconds, Alex stood up again and started walking towards the bathroom “we need to get that bullet out , it needs to be cleaned” she muttered to herself as she started rummaging through the shelves in the bathroom looking for a needle and thread “it needs to be stitched up, but there’s nothing here to do that with , there’s nothing here” Alex was out of sight and so none would be able to see her falling apart, however her voice and the occasional slamming of presses would be enough to give it away.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz
Lamia Lamia

James Porter
nh-png.396438

James got into the driver's side of the car and couldn't help but allow the smallest of smirks to cross his lips as Cormac replied about drinks. "You can go sit with Sinead if you want champagne. I'm not drinking that shite. It's vodka for me," he assured him. James couldn't shift the odd feeling within him. It was exactly guilt and it wasn't jubilation, but he was certainly glad Vinnie was finally dead. Nothing could make him regret killing that man and he wouldn't apologise for doing so. The only apologies he would give would be to Rayna and to Alex for killing their family. No matter how guilty all of them were, James knew they had still been people with family who did love them. When it all came down to it, James made the decision to take the Romanos down to finally put an end to the years of fear and torture the Sullivans had been forced to live through.

"Let's go get you cleaned up before we go to the hotel." James headed in the direction of one of his associates who would be able to tend to Cormac's gunshot wound. He didn't deny Cormac wouldn't find the 'operation' painful so didn't try to reassure him otherwise. "Try not to mess this car up too much, will you?" he half-joked.

Lucy Porter
With: Conor, Leo and Alex Misty Gray Misty Gray neverbackdown neverbackdown

Lucy's hands gripped the steering wheel tightly as Leo informed her that James had accomplished what he had set out to do, and he hadn't been hurt in the process. A sigh could be heard escaping her lips but not much talking was done in the car ride over to the motel where Alex and Athena would be. Lucy was hesitant to get out of the car as she parked it, feeling the guilt start to settle into her bones. Looking back at Samson and Lady who only watched Leo with mild interest as he got out of the car, she decided it would be best to go inside as well. As Leo opened the door, Alex voice could be heard calling for her brother, though it was quickly cut off when she saw who was coming through the door. Her eyes locked with Alex and she watched the girls expression change rapidly, she tried to hide it, as all strong women did. But Lucy could see through the facade, as it was something she wore frequently. The sadness in the girl's tone made Lucy's heart sting, and guilt took over her then. Lucy knew that Alex's family were bad people, she was much better off without them...but they were family. Lucy had forgiven hers for many things, terribly things...and yet she would lay down her life for anyone of them in a heartbeat.

The girl spoke of fixing up Leo's wounds and quickly left the room. Lucy looked to Conor for a moment before clearing her throat. "We need to get them out of the city. I've got some cash on me and I can pick up some more..."

When Leo stepped inside he was immediately approached by Alex. The sight of his friend made him feel sick, because he knew in that moment he would have to be the one to confirm to her what had happened and he felt completely unprepared to do so. When he realised it had dawned on her that the others were dead, tears escaped Leo's eyes and streamed down his cheeks. "It was a trap. We couldn't... they didn't make it out of there," he told her. The whole experience was causing him to tremble. His eyes briefly caught Athena's and he hoped she could handle the news given her current state of health and the need to remain stress-free. For all of the man's crimes, Vinnie had always been good to Athena.

Conor remained in the doorway, seeing clearly the level of turmoil and emotion Alex was trying to desperately to hide. He wished he could console her and reassure her, but he knew he could never do that. She already hated him and now he'd allowed James, Cormac and the Russians to slaughter four of her family and friends. When she walked to the bathroom and spoke of removing the bullet, Conor shook his head. None of them were equipped to do so. Conor approached Leo, getting him to sit down on one of the chairs, and told the Italian to unfasten his shirt so he could see the wound. The bullet hadn't gone too far into Leo''s shoulder and he was certain it would be safe for it to be removed, but not yet.

Conor could hear the way Alex spoke and it broke his heart to hear her sound so broken. He'd consoled her when Gianna was killed and she'd consoled him when Emmet was killed. This time, he felt she wouldn't want him anywhere near her and he wasn't sure he could shift the guilt for allowing this to happen. H'e'd hurt her too much to be able to try to reassure her now.

"We'll pick some money up and get one of our medics to tend to Leo, then take the three of them to the station," Conor suggestedto Lucy. He glanced back towards the bathroom. "Please can you help Alex? My words are no longer of comfort to her," he sadly told Lucy. "I'll help Leo and Athena to the car. You help Alex?" he asked, almost pleading.

Bellz Bellz neverbackdown neverbackdown Lamia Lamia

Cormac Sullivan
c2d57397fe74e2b42330a1c800330d43.jpg
Cormac laughed when James told him he could sit beside Sinead if he wanted to drink Champagine. “Well maybe I will” he chuckled “few fruity cocktails” he joked.
Cormac pulled of his jacket , followed by his shirt before putting his jacket back on. He buckled his seat belt and then scrunched up his top and used it as a means of putting pressure on the wound and also to stop blood getting in James car.
When James mentioned going to an associates Cormac nodded his head “sounds good” he placed his head back on the head rest and allowed his eyes to close as the pain began to set in. Another chuckle passed his lips “i’ll try not to man” he laughed, opening one eye so he could look at James. “I wonder how many times you have to be shot before it stops hurting” Cormac mused outloud. “I’ve been shot enough time and yet it still hurts the same everytime”

Alexandra Romano
tumblr_m213v1zCbK1rsk72no1_250.gif
Alexandra couldn’t here what was being said in the bedroom as she continued to search for something, anything. After checking the last press, her knee’s started to go and she slid down the wall landing between the toilet and the bath. The tears began to flow and she pulled her knee’s into her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs hugging them into her.
Her stomach was beginning to turn and she could feel herself starting to hyperventilate as images of her father and brother began to run through her head.
Her father died hating her which was ripping Alex apart, but at least her and Nicolo had made up, and at least had their goodbye. the thought of goodbye caused a new round of tears to come upon her as her shoulder shook with each trembling breathe.
Alex was beginning to feel weak and dizzy with all the guilt and grief she was feeling but she knew she had to compose herself before returning to the other room. Alexandra blinked back the tears as she closed her eyes trying to get her breathing back under control

Bellz Bellz
Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lamia Lamia

Lucy Porter
Lucy nodded slowly as her brother suggested they get Leo attended to, grab cash and get the three of them out of the city. This would be the best thing for them right now, to get out. James probably wouldn't bother with them, but surely their faces wouldn't be welcomed in Chicago any longer. The death of Vinnie would lead to a new beginning for the Sullivan and Porter families. A fresh start. Clenching her jaw at what her brother was asking of her, she looked towards where Alex had gone. What was she to do for the girl? Her words wouldn't be any more comforting, perhaps less than Conor's at this point. The pleading tone of voice and the look in his eyes made her sad, this was breaking him just as much as it was the Romano's because he loved that girl.

Lucy turned on her heels and walked towards the bathroom. Her eyes stared at the white door for a moment before her hand reached up and knocked gently once. Not waiting for an answer, she opened the door. Alex was crying, the devastation for her family clear in her entire being. Lucy closed the door behind her before simply staring at the girl for another long moment. "When my father was killed...I had thought it was the worst thing in the entire world. Your father is the first man you ever love, the first man to tell you how beautiful you are...that you deserve everything..." Lucy knelt down on the floor slowly and stayed eye level with Alex. "My father was a good man with his family, and those who didn't dare cross him...but I also understood my father was not the man I always saw him as. As much as I miss him every single day...I know that without his death...we wouldn't have been able to be where we are now. Alex, this is a chance for you to start your life....for all of us to. This war wasn't ours to fight or even finish...but someone had to do it. I didn't know your father like you did....I only knew him as the man who took everything from me. But I know, how hard it is to lose family and even though you may never find it in your heart to forgive me or my husband. You should find it in your heart to do so for Conor...he's crazy about you, and trust me when I say this. Conor never wanted to settle down...until he met you." Just as her conversation began, she slowly ended it by holding out her hand a simple offering to help the girl begin the rest of her life off without anymore struggle between the Sullivan and Romano name.

Alexandra Romano
tumblr_m213v1zCbK1rsk72no1_250.gif
Alex heard a soft knock on the bathroom door and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. Before she could react she heard the door open and then close, looking up to see that it was Lucy who had come to check up on her. She was a little surprised to see Lucy and that it wasn’t Leo or Athena or even Conor that had come to get her.
Alex looked up at Lucy as she spoke, listening to every word. She was speaking from the heart and her own experience so Alex knew what she was saying was worth hearing.
Alex kept eye contact with Lucy as she knelt down in front of her, Alex found the way Lucy was talking to be strangely comforting.
Alex let out a shaky breath when Lucy mentioned James and then Conor. “My father dug his own grave a long time ago as did my uncle” the sadness was clear in her tone but it would be evident through her words and in her eyes that Alex was surprisingly not angry at the whole thing, distraught and heartbroken yes but not angry.
When Lucy extended her hand, Alex took it slowly and allowed Lucy to help her up. “Thank you” she told her. Alex closed her eyes for a second before wiping her eyes to get rid of any stray tears before her face turned serious once again. “We need to get Leo bandaged up and get them both out of here” she said with a little more strength in her voice as she looked at the closed door.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz

Lucy Porter
Lucy was relieved to see the girl responding well to her, Lucy found it interesting how she wasn't angry with her or James at the moment. Biting her lip, she helped the girl to her feet before nodding her head at her words. "We are going to get you cash clothes and everything you will need to start a better life, and we will have our medic tend to Leo." She promised before opening the door, making it clear that it was time to leave the place. Lucy released Alexandra's hand before walking through the door. Shooting Conor a look, she basically silently told him that Alex would be fine but they needed to hurry. Lucy moved to the phone to call a few people and have them meet over at the train station with a medic and cash. Once it was all settled, Lucy had Leo Athena, Conor and Alex piled into the car as they drove off towards the station. Their medic stood waiting to attend to Leo and quickly got to work as Lucy was then handed a duffle bag full of cash. She may have been little too generous on the amount given to the 3, but after everything they went through, she couldn't find it in her heart to leave them with little or close to nothing.

Like herself, Conor and Sinead, they too were pulled into a fight that wasn't theirs. Their father's had started this war, and their sons and daughters had made the executive decision to end it. Lucy would never forgive herself for what she had done to her father, but she also knew that given his life choices, that ultimately led to his death. "Thank you." Lucy told her medic as he finished with Leo, the train would be boarding soon. "Here is money and some extra clothes I threw in there for all of you." She softly told Alex.

Alexandra Romano
img-thing
Alex listened to Lucy and was still too shocked to really reply, she was surprised that Lucy was willing to help them so much but then again Lucy was the one who got Cormac to back off, five weeks ago. As Lucy opened the door, Alex felt herself hyper ventilate and tried to calm herself down but suddenly felt her stomach begin to turn. “Crap get everyone into the car, I’ll be right out” she muttered to Lucy before turning around and facing the toilet where she proceeded to get sick once again. She really needed to go to the doctor when she got away from here.

When Alex emerged from the bathroom, Lucy was just off the phone and they all got into the car. It was a silent and uncomfortable car ride as far as Alex was concerned but she had nothing to say, she couldn’t think of anything to try and kill the silence instead she placed her head back and closed her eyes.

As Leo was getting attended to Alex turned her attention to Lucy who handed her a duffle bag full of clothes and Money. Alex raised an eyebrow before looking at Lucy with a soft expression “thank you but this is far too much Lucy, you don’t have to do this”. When it was clear that Lucy was not going to take it back, Alex placed the bag onto the ground and gave the girl a hug “thank you” she said again. Alex’s head was still swimming and she couldn’t think straight about anything, all she could think about was how she was an orphan and how she was going to have to go back to Italy and tell her family what had happened. She fought back the tears not wanting to cry in front of everyone. She had to remain strong or at the very least , she had to seem strong.

As they moved towards the stop, Alex suddenly stopped and handed the bag to Leo before moving back to Lucy and Conor, her eyes pleading “My dog Rocco , please he’s in my house.” She rooted through her pocket and finally came up with the key to her house, it wasn’t like she would need it anymore. “Please take care of him, I can’t risk going back, I need to get Leo and Athena to safety” Alex then looked at Conor, she stared at him silently for a moment knowing that this would be the last time she ever saw him. “He knows you so he’ll come for you” she said to him. Sadness was evident in her tone as she looked at the man she loved, she closed her eyes briefly to stop any tears from spilling out before looking at them both one last time. “I suppose this is goodbye” she said her eyes lingering on Conor. Alex bit her lip before stepping forward and giving Conor a small hug, while she was still hurt from what he had done, Alex knew that she would regret it for the rest of her life if she had of just left it like that without any sort of physical contact.

Once she stepped back, Alex turned on her heels and made her way back to Leo and Athena. The train was due any moment and the last thing she needed right now was to miss it. As they stepped onto the train, Alex allowed herself one last look back at the platform and at the sullivans. Her time in Chicago, her home, was now finished and it hurt to think that she was leaving this place. The place where she grew up, where all her memories were made. A single tear escaped her eye and rolled down her cheek as she looked upon her town for the last time before disappearing onto the train.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz
Lamia Lamia

Conor had caught the look Lucy had sent him, telling him Alex was fine. He was sure if they could get her away from the city then she would be fine. She'd be safer than she ever was with Vinnie or even himself in her life. She would be free to start a fresh life without fear of betraying her family or being hurt by the Romanos enemies. If they could just manage to get her to safety now. Conor helped Leo to the car and continued to help him put pressure onto the wound during the journey to the station.

By the time the medic was able to tend to Leo, the injured man had turned much paler from the blood loss, but he'd been caught in time. He closed his eyes as he blocked out the pain whilst being tended to. After everything that had happened, he was grateful to the Sullivans for helping him now. Whether or not they knew what he'd done to Kate no longer mattered, as he knew the Sullivans had committed their own crimes during this war too. All that mattered now was that it was over for them and for Alex, Athena and himself, this was the chance to start fresh. A chance to put their past behind them and perhaps experience a normal life. For him, this would be a normal life with Athena and her children. He wanted nothing more than that.

Conor continued to keep his distance. He was torn between wanting to hug Alex and never let her go, but also wanting to stay back after what he had done to her those weeks ago. He would forgive her if she simply got on the train without saying another word to him. He believed he deserved no better than that. When Alex did address him and Lucy, it snapped the Irish lad out of his thoughts. She mentioned Rocco and asked them to take care of the dog. Conor quickly nodded his head. "Of course, I'll help get him from your place. He'll be well looked after," he assured her, certain James and Lucy would welcome another dog into their home. Conor then diverted his eyes to the ground and Alex closed hers, clearly both recognising the awkwardness and finality of things for them right now. When Alex suddenly stepped forward and tightly hugged him, Conor closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her too. As he held her close, the only words he spoke were "I'm sorry."

Conor contained his emotions as Alex broke away from the embrace so she could return to Leo and Athena to catch the train that was due at any moment. Conor folded his arms tightly around himself as he watched the girl he loved step onto the train. Once the Italians were out of sight, Conor allowed the tears to stream down his cheeks and as the train set off, he turned away. "We should get Rocco and join the others at the hotel," he sadly told Lucy. There were so many thoughts and feelings going on within him, but he knew he couldn't talk about them right now, not without falling apart into a useless mess.

Conor and Lucy managed to get Rocco from Alex's place and take him back home so they could feed him and leave him there safe until everyone returned home. For now, they both needed to get to the hotel so everyone knew they were safe and to regroup with the family. Before they left, Conor retrieved his already packed bag from his bedroom and brought it with him to the car. He didn't intend on returning home again, not for some time. He explained to Lucy that once he'd managed to properly say goodbye to the family at the hotel, he would be boarding a train himself and travelling, for as long as it took to rebuild himself.

The Sullivans

gcfc.png

When James and Cormac arrived at the hotel, the family had all returned to the room again. James was concerned to find Lucy and Conor had not even yet arrived. Though he made it known the mission had been successful, he wanted everyone to be present before he addressed the family as one. Hopefully Lucy and Conor would walk into the room any moment now...

Bellz Bellz neverbackdown neverbackdown

Lucy Porter
With: Conor, Leo and Alex Misty Gray Misty Gray neverbackdown neverbackdown Lucy had been taken aback by the hug Alex gave her, her eyes went wide a moment and she stayed a bit too still. After a moment she hugged Alex back, feeling strangely sad that she wouldn’t see the girl again. They had an odd relationship, if you could even call it that, but it seemed like in the end, they could forget the differences they shared and look past it all. Lucy released the girl when she began to pull away. ”You’re Welcome.” Lucy stayed behind everyone as they all moved towards the station, she watched the area around her, wondering if it was wrong of her to expect danger. Her eyebrow raised as Alex mentioned a dog that was left at her apartment, begging both Conor and Lucy to take the pup in as she couldn’t risk going back to get him. Biting her lip, Lucy nodded softly in agreement, knowing James wouldn’t mind another dog.

Lucy averted her eyes as Alex and Conor had their moment, though this didn’t stop Lucy’s heart from shattering as she watched her brother try to cope with the fact that the woman he loved would be gone, perhaps forever. Lucy stayed silent as she watched the rest of what was the Romano’s head into the train.

Conor directed her towards Alex’s place soon after and the picked up the adorable little pup waiting for his owner. Lucy had managed to get the dog to trust her and was petting his ear lightly as she kept one hand on the steering wheel.

Soon after they dropped Rocco along with the other dogs at the house before heading out to see the family at the hotel. Lucy saw the bag and listen to Conor explain that he would be leaving, Lucy’s face fell with the news, but she understood what he needed to do.

”are you sure you want to leave?” she asked softly to her brother as the walked closer and closer to the hotel room that held their family. Pausing at the door they were all behind, she knocked on it gently before moving to open it. ”Sorry we took so long Lucy mumbled but upon seeing her husband safe and sound she practically skipped across the room and threw her arms around him. Letting out a huge sigh of relief, Leo had said James was successful, but seeing him okay with her own two eyes confirmed it.

James was relieved when Lucy and Conor entered the hotel apartment, as he'd been just about ready to lead a search party of some sort to find them. His concern was soon replaced with a loving smile as his wife rushed towards him for a tight embrace. He held her close before kissing the top of her head a few times and then moving down to lovingly kiss her lips. "I told you I'd be back," he softly whispered into her ear. Even he'd had some doubt about that earlier in the day, so he felt lucky and relieved to be with Lucy again right now. He gently rubbed her back before pulling away.

Conor had entered behind Lucy and was glad to see all of his family in one place. He would be able to spend a little more time with everyone before leaving to travel, as he'd explained to Lucy. He saw his mother standing to one side as she poured some gin into a glass tumbler. He approached Shannon with caution, knowing she was still seething from finding out about his relationship with Alex. Still, he wasn't sure how long he'd be gone or how long until he would see his mother again. Taking a deep breath he outstretched his arms before giving the woman a hug, which she eventually loosened up for and reciprocated. "You're a dumb fuck, but you're still my son," she told him, just relieved to see all of her family in one piece. After sharing the moment with his mother, Conor knew there was someone who would be upset and struggle more with his departure: Sinead. He saw his sister sat on the sofa, with Peter by her side and Savannah in her arms. Conor took a seat at Sinead's free side and held his hands out to hold his baby niece. He only needed one of his muscular arms to hold the tiny baby, so he put his free arm around Sinead and kissed his sister's cheek, much to her embarrassment.

gdfgh.png
After a catching up with Lucy about what had happened with Alex, Leo and Athena, as well as Conor's plans, James decided to tell the family what had happened. As he walked back to the centre of the room, his first thoughts was how much he hated speaking in front of groups of people. That was soon overcome when he looked to the family he now called his own and the family he was now in charge of protecting, as well as leading. Between Sinead with Savannah and Peter; Finn with Eleanor; and his own marriage to Lucy, the family looked the happiest they'd ever been. He wasn't sure what the future held for Conor, Cormac or Shannon, but he hoped this would be the start of something good for them too. Perhaps a fresh start and an opportunity to find new happiness. James knew he would carry the weight of murdering Vinnie on his shoulders and also the burden of allowing others to be slaughtered around him, but seeing the Sullivans through hopeful eyes made it all worthwhile.

James took a seat on an empty sofa and waited for Lucy to join him. "Alright, so I'll keep this short, before any of you get time to heckle me," he said, looking specifically to Shannon. "Cormac and I did we what set out to do today. Along with the Russians, we took down the Romanos. I know this may be difficult for some of you to hear, but I wish to be open and honest with you about this. I killed Vinnie. Along with him, Salvatore and Nicolo were also killed, as well as other members of the Romano gang. I'm not going to celebrate their deaths. All I will say is the only way for this war to end was for them to be taken down for good, for those most dangerous to us to be removed completely." James was glad to see even Sinead seemed accepting of the news, knowing by now she'd realised there was no other way to stop Vinnie. "Lucy and Conor helped Alexandra Romano, along with Leo and Athena, to get out of this city safely. None of them asked to be dragged into this war, just like none of you did," he told the family. "It's time for us all to look to the future and a new beginning."

- The End -

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back