• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Next Great War

General Deth Glitch

Two Thousand Club
The Next Great War

colormap.png

Just fifteen years ago the decade long conflict over the continent of Ryleri came to an end. The war took it's toll. The World was never to be the same again. Women were no longer a subservient people. Workers were no longer dogs to be ordered around. Leaders had no 'divine right'. In many nations the end of war brought only more conflict in the form of civil war. The once unconquerable power of Turnai have faced nothing but hardships, poverty and instability, it seems they fight a new war for leadership every year. The poverty stricken nation of Knutiland has regained its stance in the world, after Turnai began the great war decades earlier and quickly defeated the Knutiland it has had no stance on the world stage. Knutiland's allies, the supposed 'victors' of the great war, returned its land and allowed it its autonomy, however the postwar government was weak and soon the Fascist beat down the doors. Knutiland seemed transformed almost overnight. Once a libertarian haven of freedom and democracy it now stands as evidence of such a systems weaknesses. The towering Empire of Hailisia, one of the true powers in the Great war stands tall and strong, however its emperor lies in chains, deep in a dungeon while the people attempt a new ideal of governance, hoping to instil the noble ideas of Equality for all into their new nation, a nation still finding its way, changes are still abound for this magnificent powerhouse and fallen empire. The last great nation of note, the ancient republic itself. The Republic of Braith rushed to the aid of the Kingdom of Knut (now known as Knutiland) and suffered great losses in its defence, until the Empire of Hailisia rose to their aid. Only the Republic of Braith still stands to argue of the virtues of Democracy. However it stands alone, cutting off the world to look within itself, to finds its own way. However, Great leader, you know all this. You also know that a new war is brewing. We need to prepare, find allies and work to protect our interests.

So I am wondering if anyone is interested in this idea. The plan is for (Hopefully) Players to take on each of the four nations I outlined there as well as a cacophony of their own nations. (I will step in to NPC each of those great nations that remain unclaimed if necessary) The setting is like that of World War 2, a War as much about Ideology as it was greed. I will GM most interactions and there will be rules relating to how you can increase your own nations power and prestige. If your interested or have any questions please post them below. Thank ye kindly dearies.

Last edited:
The Next Great War

View attachment 310521

Just fifteen years ago the decade long conflict over the continent of Ryleri came to an end. The war took it's toll. The World was never to be the same again. Women were no longer a subservient people. Workers were no longer dogs to be ordered around. Leaders had no 'divine right'. In many nations the end of war brought only more conflict in the form of civil war. The once unconquerable power of Turnai have faced nothing but hardships, poverty and instability, it seems they fight a new war for leadership every year. The poverty stricken nation of Knutiland has regained its stance in the world, after Turnai began the great war decades earlier and quickly defeated the Knutiland it has had no stance on the world stage. Knutiland's allies, the supposed 'victors' of the great war, returned its land and allowed it its autonomy, however the postwar government was weak and soon the Fascist beat down the doors. Knutiland seemed transformed almost overnight. Once a libertarian haven of freedom and democracy it now stands as evidence of such a systems weaknesses. The towering Empire of Hailisia, one of the true powers in the Great war stands tall and strong, however its emperor lies in chains, deep in a dungeon while the people attempt a new ideal of governance, hoping to instil the noble ideas of Equality for all into their new nation, a nation still finding its way, changes are still abound for this magnificent powerhouse and fallen empire. The last great nation of note, the ancient republic itself. The Republic of Braith rushed to the aid of the Kingdom of Knut (now known as Knutiland) and suffered great losses in its defence, until the Empire of Hailisia rose to their aid. Only the Republic of Braith still stands to argue of the virtues of Democracy. However it stands alone, cutting off the world to look within itself, to finds its own way. However, Great leader, you know all this. You also know that a new war is brewing. We need to prepare, find allies and work to protect our interests.

So I am wondering if anyone is interested in this idea. The plan is for (Hopefully) Players to take on each of the four nations I outlined there as well as a cacophony of their own nations. (I will step in to NPC each of those great nations that remain unclaimed if necessary) The setting is like that of World War 2, a War as much about Ideology as it was greed. I will GM most interactions and there will be rules relating to how you can increase your own nations power and prestige. If your interested or have any questions please post them below. Thank ye kindly dearies.
Interested.

So is this world like Earth? Are there any aspects to this RP that differ from our own reality, and what closest real world year is this world's technological level like?

Interested.

So is this world like Earth? Are there any aspects to this RP that differ from our own reality, and what closest real world year is this world's technological level like?
Very similar. Thinking 1930 approximately. Some differences in the order technology will come about. Like Radar might come about in the first month of play or not at all, for example.

Very similar. Thinking 1930 approximately. Some differences in the order technology will come about. Like Radar might come about in the first month of play or not at all, for example.
Most importantly, can we get a more aesthetically pleasing map?

Seriously General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch . Edit these links into the first post of every thread related to this RP, otherwise people are going to look at the first message, say they're interested, then realize hours or days or weeks later the RP has been going on for a while.

Seriously General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch . Edit these links into the first post of every thread related to this RP, otherwise people are going to look at the first message, say they're interested, then realize hours or days or weeks later the RP has been going on for a while.
I was going to, been busy and forgot. Don't be so sassy Pat. I normally tell other people to do exactly this.

I was going to, been busy and forgot. Don't be so sassy Pat. I normally tell other people to do exactly this.
Maybe in the spending tab don't have economy and infrastructure and military be the only things, especially since the former two have a direct correlation. Maybe replace infrastructure with industry? Maybe have a fourth category of population, and every point adds roughly x amount of population to your nation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back