• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Next Generation: Alola's New Challenge CS

lonecoyote

Always Confused

e17cb30da5b8ff345292714826cf99ae.png

giphy.gif
ic || cs || ooc
Welcome to the Character Sign ups! Below is everything you'll need to fill out in order to join this role play.
BBcode is not required, but decorate your form because I like pretty things.
Rules are simple:
Follow RpN rules
Be nice to each other as well as respectful
If you have a problem/suggestion/issue please message me
Have fun!​
BASICS

name
height
how long has he/she been a trainer?
MISC

enjoys
dislikes
hobbies (optional)
POKÉMON

List your pokémon as well things we should know about them like personality etc
BACKGROUND

Ya know, back ground stuff. It doesn't have to be a million paragraphs, but give me at least 2.
PERSONALITY

Personality stuff cus i know you're character isn't a boring potato.

Shy Innocence Personified

Anessia (Uh-ness-e-uh)
"I'll do my best for my Pokémon."

tumblr_inline_mr8o3xiNh71qz4rgp.png
basic
name: Anessia Blu Forbe
height: 5'6"
Anessia became a real trainer when she turned 9 (see bio)

tumblr_inline_mr8o4dkMRe1qz4rgp.png
misc
enjoys:
-Simple walks with her pokemon
-Making food for her pokemon
-Learning about new pokemon
-Meeting new pokemon
-Her pokemon
-Tasting new foods

dislikes
-Mistreatment of pokemon
-People who are too loud
-People who force her to interact with others
-Those who make fun of others
-Taking/Stealing of others pokemon
-Being left alone

tumblr_inline_mr8o4l34h71qz4rgp.png
pokémon
Pokémon:
Blaziken - Has been with Nessie since the beginning. He was her first pokémon and acts as her protector and caretaker. As a Torchic he despised Nessie because of how shy and frail she was. Torchic often went off to do battle on its own and didn't give up no matter how badly it was beaten. Nessie would always be there though to heal and take care of him, but Torchic still didn't like her. It wasn't until Nessie stepped between Torchic and an attack because she knew he couldn't handle it anymore. When Torchic saw her take the attack for him, his attitude changed and he evolved. Blaziken and Nessie have the strongest bond out of all of her pokemon and he never goes in his pokeball.

Dragonair - Nessie's second pokémon after Blaziken. Dragonair met Nessie as a Dratini who was trapped in a fisherman's net. Nessie rescued her and decided to take her on her journey. She's also very protective of Nessie but is the voice of reason and mothering type. Dragonair is more relaxed with things and can often be seen caring for those on her team or those close to Nessie.

Alakazam - Ran into Nessie by accident, very disoriented and confused and had been battling Goldbats. Nessie took him to a nearby PokeCenter and waited for him to get better. Afterwards, Abra followed Nessie and decided to join her team. Now as an Alakazam though, he doesn't listen to her like he used to and is like a rebellious teen.

Noibat - Newly hatched from an egg, Noibat takes after Nessie and is extremely shy. Noibat was given to Nessie as an egg from a trainer she battled who couldn't keep him anymore. Nessie took him in and before she knew it, he hatched and imprinted onto her. Noibat never leaves her side and is usually perched on her shoulder or in her arms.

To Come:
Bounsweet

tumblr_inline_mr8o4q8uwF1qz4rgp.png
background
bio: Anessia's had a rough life if we're being honest. Unlike most children who were raised by their parents and were so ready to begin their pokemon journey, Anessia had a different upbringing. Her parents abandoned her while they were at a fair. They were at the fair for her birthday and with her new partner Torchic. When Anessia couldn't find her parents, she wandered until she eventually got lost deep within a forrest. She walked on until she stumbled upon a small abandoned hut. It was run down and crawling with bug pokemon and a ghastly. Torchic battled hard with Anessia and soon they had somewhere to stay. Yes she was young and didn't know what anything was, but she did the best that she could to get by with Torchic. She followed other pokemon to see what berries were good to eat and what wasn't. Because she and Torchic were away from others for basically all of their lives, Anessia became incredibly shy of others and Torchic was usually the one who got what they needed. As she got older, she began battling and got the money to fix up the little hut in the forrest. She's recently traveled many places with her pokemon and eat new food as well as meet new pokemon and make a few friends.Now, in Alola, she's aiming to win the prize money to travel and see the world with her pokemon.
tumblr_inline_mr8o7a8tSf1qz4rgp.png
personality
personality: Anessia is the embodiment of shy and innocent. She tends to stutter and look at the ground when speaking to others. She's not awkward, she just isn't sure how to talk to others or start a conversation. She's actually much better than she used to be. Her Blaziken is usually close by her to cheer her on and encourage her to keep going. When she's very nervous or starting a conversation, she might speak very fast and turn a bright shade of red. She doesn't keep eye contact well and fidgets. However, when in battle or with pokemon, she comes out of her shell. She speaks clearly and confidently since she's so comfortable with pokemon and has been around them for most of her life. She's more comfortable being with a wild pokemon than she is with even just one stranger. It takes her awhile to get used to others, but once she does, she's always trying to better herself as a trainer, helping pokemon, and teaching her pokemon to have helping hands. Anessia's a very sweet, very innocent, and very pure girl. She's a precious girl and can be seen how dear she is to her pokemon by how much they respect her and vice versa.
a426b8b422a2f4e1641861d6e09072b3.jpg

Shy Innocence Personified

Anessia (Uh-ness-e-uh)
"I'll do my best for my Pokémon."

basic
name: Anessia Blu Forbe
height: 5'6"
Anessia became a real trainer when she turned 9 (see bio)

misc
enjoys:
-Simple walks with her pokemon
-Making food for her pokemon
-Learning about new pokemon
-Meeting new pokemon
-Her pokemon
-Tasting new foods

dislikes
-Mistreatment of pokemon
-People who are too loud
-People who force her to interact with others
-Those who make fun of others
-Taking/Stealing of others pokemon
-Being left alone

pokémon
Pokémon:
Blaziken - Has been with Nessie since the beginning. He was her first pokémon and acts as her protector and caretaker. As a Torchic he despised Nessie because of how shy and frail she was. Torchic often went off to do battle on its own and didn't give up no matter how badly it was beaten. Nessie would always be there though to heal and take care of him, but Torchic still didn't like her. It wasn't until Nessie stepped between Torchic and an attack because she knew he couldn't handle it anymore. When Torchic saw her take the attack for him, his attitude changed and he evolved. Blaziken and Nessie have the strongest bond out of all of her pokemon and he never goes in his pokeball.

Dragonair - Nessie's second pokémon after Blaziken. Dragonair met Nessie as a Dratini who was trapped in a fisherman's net. Nessie rescued her and decided to take her on her journey. She's also very protective of Nessie but is the voice of reason and mothering type. Dragonair is more relaxed with things and can often be seen caring for those on her team or those close to Nessie.

Alakazam - Ran into Nessie by accident, very disoriented and confused and had been battling Goldbats. Nessie took him to a nearby PokeCenter and waited for him to get better. Afterwards, Abra followed Nessie and decided to join her team. Now as an Alakazam though, he doesn't listen to her like he used to and is like a rebellious teen.

Noibat - Newly hatched from an egg, Noibat takes after Nessie and is extremely shy. Noibat was given to Nessie as an egg from a trainer she battled who couldn't keep him anymore. Nessie took him in and before she knew it, he hatched and imprinted onto her. Noibat never leaves her side and is usually perched on her shoulder or in her arms.

To Come:
Bounsweet

background
bio: Anessia's had a rough life if we're being honest. Unlike most children who were raised by their parents and were so ready to begin their pokemon journey, Anessia had a different upbringing. Her parents abandoned her while they were at a fair. They were at the fair for her birthday and with her new partner Torchic. When Anessia couldn't find her parents, she wandered until she eventually got lost deep within a forrest. She walked on until she stumbled upon a small abandoned hut. It was run down and crawling with bug pokemon and a ghastly. Torchic battled hard with Anessia and soon they had somewhere to stay. Yes she was young and didn't know what anything was, but she did the best that she could to get by with Torchic. She followed other pokemon to see what berries were good to eat and what wasn't. Because she and Torchic were away from others for basically all of their lives, Anessia became incredibly shy of others and Torchic was usually the one who got what they needed. As she got older, she began battling and got the money to fix up the little hut in the forrest. She's recently traveled many places with her pokemon and eat new food as well as meet new pokemon and make a few friends.Now, in Alola, she's aiming to win the prize money to travel and see the world with her pokemon.
personality
personality: Anessia is the embodiment of shy and innocent. She tends to stutter and look at the ground when speaking to others. She's not awkward, she just isn't sure how to talk to others or start a conversation. She's actually much better than she used to be. Her Blaziken is usually close by her to cheer her on and encourage her to keep going. When she's very nervous or starting a conversation, she might speak very fast and turn a bright shade of red. She doesn't keep eye contact well and fidgets. However, when in battle or with pokemon, she comes out of her shell. She speaks clearly and confidently since she's so comfortable with pokemon and has been around them for most of her life. She's more comfortable being with a wild pokemon than she is with even just one stranger. It takes her awhile to get used to others, but once she does, she's always trying to better herself as a trainer, helping pokemon, and teaching her pokemon to have helping hands. Anessia's a very sweet, very innocent, and very pure girl. She's a precious girl and can be seen how dear she is to her pokemon by how much they respect her and vice versa.
a426b8b422a2f4e1641861d6e09072b3.jpg
Oh my... That is fancy. Would you mind if we used your very fancily and nicely done BBCode character sheet... I mean, a trainer needs to enter the show in style, heh... heh...

Oh my... That is fancy. Would you mind if we used your very fancily and nicely done BBCode character sheet... I mean, a trainer needs to enter the show in style, heh... heh...
I mean, I don't mind. It was a freebie that I got from another user. I'm lazy don't feel like doing fancy coding so I ask my friends to do fancy coding for me

Lionel Stark
"Little Lion of Johto"
554a8771f1b6194c20a2b6ba65f06273.jpg
Basics
Lionel Leo Stark

Male

5'6

"er... I think it's been 8 or 9 years?"
Misc
enjoys:
~Pokemon battles "What else?"
~Food, lots of food "I heard Malasada's good"
~Learning other Trainers strategies "How else would I get better?"
~General Jokes and silliness
~People and Pokemon "I guess you could call me a Poke-whisperer"

dislikes:
~Being left out
~Math "Heh.... not my strong suit"
~Anything that remotely reminds him of Johto
~Seeing trainers get too involved in their own adventure

hobbies:
~Hiking
~Reading
~Stargazing
Team
tyranitar.gif

Tyranitar
Lionel's first and partner Pokemon. The two are never separated. Lionel received Tyranitar all the was back when he started his journey, of course Tyranitar was just a Larvitar, but it didn't take long for the two to get along. As while Lionel is being a big goof Tyranitar is usually the calm and collected one of the duo.

crobat.gif

Crobat
Lionel's second Pokemon. The two met when Lionel was going through a cave, Lionel at the time was an excited kid who was looking to catch as many Pokemon as humanly possible. Of course a little Zubat met face to face with Lionel's empty Pokeball.

heracross-f.gif

Heracross
Bug catching competitions are a pretty big deal in Johto, so it wasn't a surprise that Lionel joined in one on... ok maybe a few. After chasing a certain Bug-typed Pokemon throughout a few competitions Lionel was able to catch Heracross, and secure a nice 1st place in the competition, though he got a useless sun stone.

bellossom.gif

Bellossom
Remember that useless sun stone? Well apparently it evolves pokemon, now Bellossom is Lionel's first fully evolved pokemon, sure a Gloom snuck up on him while he was sleeping and after waking up in a panic Lionel threw the nearest object which was the sun stone... sooo Gloom + Sun stone = Bellossom. Yeah Lionel was basically forced to take her with him. Though he still loves the little dancer.

Pokémon that will be caught later:
Mareanie
Vulpix (Alolan Form)
Background
Lionel is the son of two young trainers. The couple never really expected to have Lionel... well at least not this early, they were in the middle of their own magical and amazing Pokémon adventure, so why not dump your child with your grandparents and completely forgetting about your own son. Yeah that won't mess him up a little as he got older. Though Lionel was given into good hands as his grandparents were really nice people. His Grandpa (nicknamed Papa) was a retired gym leader and he taught a young Lionel everything there is to know about Pokémon battles and with little to no surprise Lionel was a natural at them. It wasn't long until Lionel started his own jeorney, and he started to pick up some traction. Going from one gym to the next Lionel became a rising star earning the nickname "Little Lion". Though recently he has gotten his 8th and final badge in the Johto league, meaning that he can now challanged the elite four, but first he has this challanged thing in Alola. Sure he could get a lot of money, but a gold statue would be SICK.
Personality
Lionel could be called many things, a Goofball, crazy kid, jokester, or just a plain idiot. He's very carefree and childish to a point. He doesn't really act serious a whole lot and he usually just wants to have fun. He's also a very social guy, getting along with most people and Pokemon. Though there can be situations that show his more sensitive side, usually when something reminds him of home or just something that puts him in a sad mood. When Lionel is sad he's like a completely different person, he goes from a happy go lucky kid to a distant, quiet guy who just wants to be left alone for a while. He hates it when people see him like that, usually he just hides those emotions away behind a joke and a smile. He absolutely hates it when someone only focuses on their journey, of course this is a bit product of his parents though he sometimes falls into the same category as them, which only Puts him in a terrible mood. Though apart from that Lionel is a hard worker and a headstrong young man, the harder you knock him down the faster he'll get back up.

Lionel Stark
"Little Lion of Johto"
554a8771f1b6194c20a2b6ba65f06273.jpg
Basics
Lionel Leo Stark

Male

5'6

"er... I think it's been 8 or 9 years?"
Misc
enjoys:
~Pokemon battles "What else?"
~Food, lots of food "I heard Malasada's good"
~Learning other Trainers strategies "How else would I get better?"
~General Jokes and silliness
~People and Pokemon "I guess you could call me a Poke-whisperer"

dislikes:
~Being left out
~Math "Heh.... not my strong suit"
~Anything that remotely reminds him of Johto
~Seeing trainers get too involved in their own adventure

hobbies:
~Hiking
~Reading
~Stargazing
Team
tyranitar.gif

Tyranitar
Lionel's first and partner Pokemon. The two are never separated. Lionel received Tyranitar all the was back when he started his journey, of course Tyranitar was just a Larvitar, but it didn't take long for the two to get along. As while Lionel is being a big goof Tyranitar is usually the calm and collected one of the duo.

crobat.gif

Crobat
Lionel's second Pokemon. The two met when Lionel was going through a cave, Lionel at the time was an excited kid who was looking to catch as many Pokemon as humanly possible. Of course a little Zubat met face to face with Lionel's empty Pokeball.

heracross-f.gif

Heracross
Bug catching competitions are a pretty big deal in Johto, so it wasn't a surprise that Lionel joined in one on... ok maybe a few. After chasing a certain Bug-typed Pokemon throughout a few competitions Lionel was able to catch Heracross, and secure a nice 1st place in the competition, though he got a useless sun stone.

bellossom.gif

Bellossom
Remember that useless sun stone? Well apparently it evolves pokemon, now Bellossom is Lionel's first fully evolved pokemon, sure a Gloom snuck up on him while he was sleeping and after waking up in a panic Lionel threw the nearest object which was the sun stone... sooo Gloom + Sun stone = Bellossom. Yeah Lionel was basically forced to take her with him. Though he still loves the little dancer.

Pokémon that will be caught later:
Mareanie
Vulpix (Alolan Form)
Background
Lionel is the son of two young trainers. The couple never really expected to have Lionel... well at least not this early, they were in the middle of their own magical and amazing Pokémon adventure, so why not dump your child with your grandparents and completely forgetting about your own son. Yeah that won't mess him up a little as he got older. Though Lionel was given into good hands as his grandparents were really nice people. His Grandpa (nicknamed Papa) was a retired gym leader and he taught a young Lionel everything there is to know about Pokémon battles and with little to no surprise Lionel was a natural at them. It wasn't long until Lionel started his own jeorney, and he started to pick up some traction. Going from one gym to the next Lionel became a rising star earning the nickname "Little Lion". Though recently he has gotten his 8th and final badge in the Johto league, meaning that he can now challanged the elite four, but first he has this challanged thing in Alola. Sure he could get a lot of money, but a gold statue would be SICK.
Personality
Lionel could be called many things, a Goofball, crazy kid, jokester, or just a plain idiot. He's very carefree and childish to a point. He doesn't really act serious a whole lot and he usually just wants to have fun. He's also a very social guy, getting along with most people and Pokemon. Though there can be situations that show his more sensitive side, usually when something reminds him of home or just something that puts him in a sad mood. When Lionel is sad he's like a completely different person, he goes from a happy go lucky kid to a distant, quiet guy who just wants to be left alone for a while. He hates it when people see him like that, usually he just hides those emotions away behind a joke and a smile. He absolutely hates it when someone only focuses on their journey, of course this is a bit product of his parents though he sometimes falls into the same category as them, which only Puts him in a terrible mood. Though apart from that Lionel is a hard worker and a headstrong young man, the harder you knock him down the faster he'll get back up.

Oh my, what a cutie, heh... heh...
I can't wait until we battle.

Battle theme: Battlefields Awakening

Kala M Garland
Cross-Over.600.2095131.jpg Age

Height
5'10"

How long has he been a trainer?
4 years

Enjoys
- Candy
- Whales
- Cities
- Wet clothes

Dislikes
- Heat
- Spicy foods
- Quiet
- Swimming

• Lucario: Kala's faithful friend. On the day of Kala's birth his mother brought him an egg, in this egg was a Riolu waiting to hatch. For as long as Kala can remember the two had been growing up together side by side. The two have a fantastic relationship and they care deeply for one another.

Lucario is Kala's prime attacker. The glass cannon of the group, Lucario can dish out absurd damage in a short amount of time. Although Lucario isn't the bulkiest Pokemon it has speed to boot, making him a hard to hit opponent. With moves such as Swords Dance and Close Combat Lucario is able to drop almost any comer. However he has a habit of overextending himself, as such Lucario becomes winded quickly, leaving him open for a counter attack.

Type: Fighting/Steel
    Weak to: Fighting, Ground, Fire
    Resistant to: Normal, Rock, Bug, Steal, Grass, Ice, Dragon, Dark
    Immune to: Poison

e7eaa184d2c141f2f8cd401903ee7e25.jpg

NnfBNRY.jpg

Staraptor: Kala's loyal mentor. Kala caught Staraptor 10 years ago when it was only a Starly. Ever sense then he has been a faithful and depended on member of the team. Staraptor is a somewhat stern Pokemon, not much for fooling around. He acts as an anchor to Kala, often grounding him when his emotions get the best of him.

Staraptor is an efficient combatant, taking down opponents with no wasted movements. Staraptor is a quick and powerful attacker, that coupled with the fact that he can fly makes him an easy target to lose track of in the heat of battle. He is brave doesn't know when to quit, which is both his greatest aspect and his greatest weakness. Staraptor is prone to taking damage for the sake of getting a hit in on the enemy. He is Kala's squishiest Pokemon meaning Staraptor doesn't have the luxury of being able to take plenty of damage. To top it all off his strongest moves have recoil so Staraptor also gets damaged. If allowed to, Staraptor would run himself into the ground trying to take an opponent down.

Type: Normal/Flying
    Weak to: Rock, Ice, Electric
    Resistant to: Bug, Grass
    Immune to: Ground, Ghost

fly_by_ry_spirit-d2njofp.jpg

Snorelax: Kala's jolly bed. Snorelax is lazy and makes a better sleeping pad then a battler. Even while sleeping Snorelax can be seen with a smile on his face, he is always happy. He is a glutton among gluttons and could sleep through the rapture. Normal Snorelax things.

He makes a dang good wall however. Snorelax's job is to absorb hits from the enemy team and deal heavy damage. He is the slowest of Kala's Pokemon but his absurd defenses and outstanding physical attack make up for that. His special attack is lacking, forcing him to attack from melee range and his lackluster speed makes it hard to close a gap. Meaning Snorelax is at the disadvantage against a ranged combatant.

Type: Normal
    Weak to: Fighting
    Resistant to: None
    Immune to: Ghost

attachment.jpg

800px-Oluolu_Snorlax.png

Gharchomp: Kala's pugnacious ace. Gharchomp is without equal, she is without a doubt the strongest Pokemon Kala owns. She is the latest addition to Kala's team, only being with the boy for less then a year now. She would be the most powerful Pokemon in Kala's arsenal, if she listened to him. Gharchomp has little respect for Kala, as such she doesn't listen to him and plays to her own tune. Because she is so unreliable calling upon her for a battle is unwise. Gharchomp was given to Kala by his mother.

Although often unreliable Gharchomp power cannot be denied. Bred to be the perfect battle machine, Gharchomp is a versatile Pokemon that can fill almost any role. Although she isn't the quickest Pokemon she boasts monstrous attack and defense, making her a tough opponent to bring down. With a wide set of moves to boot she can cover her own weaknesses pretty well. Kala's Gharchomp is also his only Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, which bolsters her already impressive power to new heights.

Type: Dragon/Ground
    Weak to: Ice, Dragon, Fairy
    Resistant to: Poison, Rock, Fire
    Immune to: Electric

Garchomp.full.1283262.jpg

Mega Gharchomp

Garchomp.full.1608450.jpg

Mega-G.jpg

Link.(Breath.of.the.Wild).full.2092788.jpg

Link.(Breath.of.the.Wild).600.2010842.jpg

Link.(Breath.of.the.Wild).600.2079348.jpg

Link.(Breath.of.the.Wild).600.2035245.jpg

Last edited:

large.jpg
zensyrom.regular.png
warung-kopi.light.png
wendy
Female
5'9
about 4 years
warung-kopi.light.png
enjoys

◦  pokepark walks
◦  jogging
◦  rivers
◦  fishing
◦ making things
◦  flying
◦   sweet berries
◦  sweaters

dislikes

◦  dishonesty
◦ heart to hearts
◦  hot weather 
◦  romantic novels
◦ long lines
◦  spicy food
◦ swimming
◦   kids 

hobbies

◦  crafts to make money
◦  grooming her companions
◦ bakes pokemon food
warung-kopi.light.png
Wendy cares about everyone -- very loudly and often too much; sometimes it's easy to mistake her compassion for being a know it all, Wendy comes off a bit haughty, but is likely the most genuine person you'll ever know. She tends to act like everyone's older sister, minus the dating gossip. Wendy is rather naive when it comes to jokes, and feelings; however, she reads bad character easily, and if you double cross her, expect a fire blast to the face; dishonesty is the easiest way to upset her. Wendy often ignores her heart and tries to go about everything wisely, this means she rarely makes mistakes, but often misses out on fun.
warung-kopi.light.png
When born, Wendy (Originally insert birth name here) was chosen for great purpose -- not that she would ever know, as she was taken from her parents at a very young age by an aegislash, which had sought her out for her leader qualities and, knowing she was destined for something far better than what was in store, it had simply took the child. Aware of her parent's relentless natures the ghost took her far from the coasts of alola, eventually wearing out and simply drifting along the ocean's surface, well into the next day. It was the hungry cries of a chilled infant that caught the ears of passerby, of whom found the child washed up, still in the shield, on the river beds of Couriway Town, in Kalos. How she had survived so many hours of neglect was beyond them, but they took her to the city, and she was soon taken in by a quaint couple who were no strangers to adoption.
warung-kopi.light.png

Aegis | You stubborn piece of metal! (Aegislash) - This spirit sought out and attached itself to Wendy when she was in her infancy, aware of her potential and, more so, of what her parents would waste her energy on. Not caring for the consequences, the weaponry scooped the infant up and took her from what would have been her life. It has protected her as if a second skin since birth, and would be obliterated before seeing her returned to what would have been -- it is protective, and rather aggressive, but can be civil if she asks.

Eerie | My creepy nightlight (Lampent) - An airy, docile creature

Bale | Don't run so fast I'm gunna lose my lunch! (Arcanine) - A bit wild, always keeps her warm

Fivi | You're crushing my ribs! (Mega Y Charizard) - Still, but easily irate

Chip, Squiggy, Spazz, etc | What am I gonna do with you? (PorygonZ) - Kinda loopy, hard to keep up with

Last edited:
The Grand Kahuna

Karmella (Car-mel-uh)
"I will do whatever it takes to protect Alola and the people/pokemon here."

basic
name: Karmella Avery Lowndes
height: 5'10"
Karmella became a pokemon trainer when she was 10, like everyone else.

misc
enjoys:
-Meeting new trainers and their pokemon
-Spicy food
-Caring for others
-Spending time with her family
-Learning new things
-Camping

dislikes
-Misuse of pokemon
-Team Skull
-Most other champions
-Sweet foods
-Trash Talking
-Bug types

pokémon
Pokémon:
Gallade
Gothitelle
Bewear
Raichu

Vaporeon
Zoroark

She has different teams that she battles with which is only unique to Karmella. She has six teams with the team above being her main team. When challenged she chooses what team to use to give the ultimate challenge to her opponents and draw out the best in them. Her companion pokemon is a Houndoom who is considerably smaller and shorter than other Houndooms. He isn't aggressive whatsoever as well.

background
bio: Karmella's journey began just like most others. She got her first pokemon, a Litten, when she was ten. Her journey had it's ups and downs but Karmella made it her mission to keep on her journey and not give up until she was the top pokemon trainer in the world. Along the way, Karmella ran into her fair share of injured pokemon, usually the ones she battled. Karmella decided to start helping the pokemon that she defeated in battle and upon seeing how thankful and the sparkle in another living creature's eyes made something spark in her eyes.

When she got back home to Alola, she decided that she was going to sell everything that she had and buy land to have a pokemon ranch. Not to breed pokemon or anything like that, but to rehabilitate ones with serious injuries and help with hard to work pokemon. While doing this, she met her husband and two years later welcomed their first son together. She was chosen to become the grand kahuna and has since split her time to her ranch work and Kahuna duties as well as being a mother.
personality
personality: Karmella's young, easy going, and forgiving. Something that some of the islanders are not fond of. Some say that she is too kind and doesn't lay down the rules. Some say that she is too busy with her farm to give a damn about them. Others say that she is just what they needed. Karmella's doing her best to be the Kahuna that everyone wants. She's doing what she can to please old islanders as well as new ones. Karmella's someone who helps and cares for all, no matter what you may have done to her, she'll make sure that you're taken care of. Karmella's a mother first and the Kahuna second. Her family means more to her than anything else and she'll protect them until her last breath.

Despite all of this, Karmella is an outstanding Pokemon trainer. Who else battles with more than one team? Most trainers can't even handle more than six, let alone six teams. This is a feat that so far only she has accomplished, She can maintain all of her teams at once, Pokemon are a big part of her life, hence her ranch. She's got a huge heart and as long as you don't steal pokemon, don't hurt children, or don't threaten her islands, you're a friend to her.
minako__pokemon_trainer_oc__by_penspark-da9hbw9.png

Last edited:
Battle theme: Battle-Storm

-The baby faced Kahuna-
Ookurikara.full.2105882[1].jpg
Name
Nahru (Nah-ru) J Rashaflasha

Height
6'2"

Pokémon Team

Hydreigon

Haxorus

Salamence

Dragonite

Gharchomp

Personality

Nahru can oft be described as a harsh and stoic man. He isn't much for showing emotions and little actually fazes him. He treats most everyone in a very cruel manor and regularly practices tough love. He is not one for social interaction and typically keeps conversations brief and to the point. Although often stoic in nature Nahru does house a more high strung personality. He can be quick to anger if one knows how to get under his skin.

Although he has to interest in others trivial matters the safety of those around him is his number one priority. He is quick to assist those in harms way and is a good person to have around if you want to get out of most dangerous situations alive. However unless one is in danger he considers taking care of others a drag and prefers to not "babysit" as he puts it.

He especially hates it when others point out how young he looks for his age.

Bio
Nahru is a world traveler, been once since he was born. His parents were never much for squatting down in one place for too long, so Nahru has led a nomadic life for as long as he could remember. He learned how to walk before he could speak and how to climb before he could count. Together with his mother and father Nahru explored most of what this world had to offer, he looked upon the great expanses and knew that his life was to be dedicated to seeing just what the world had to offer him.

Moving around so much made making friends a bit of a hassle as it seemed every relationship was destined to fall apart. So sometime in his adolescence Nahru realized it was better to stop trying to make friends everywhere he went. After all the only company he needed were the Pokémon by his side and his parents. Together they all traveled, restlessly chasing the setting sun to see where it would lead them next.

All things fade with time however, and Nahru learned this soon enough. Before long his parents got old, they couldn't move as fast as they wanted to and couldn't go as far as they used to. Time took their bodies, slowed them down. It seemed as though the nomadic life style of Nahru's parents was coming to an end, but not without one last adventure.

The three made their way to Alola, and settled down. Nahru's parents showed hesitation to Nahru staying on the islands with them, they wanted him to see the world while he was still young. Nahru refused, he wanted to stay, to help take care of the family he loves. So Nahru's nomadic life too came to an end. He began working as something of a freelance rescue ranger. Helping people who got lost in the mountains and the like. In time his name was known around the island, a kind soul with a rough exterior is how others described him. It was his kindness and his skill in a Pokémon battle that one day netted him the opportunity to become an island Kahuna. At least that's the only reason Nahru could think of as to why he became the Ula'Ula Kahuna.

From the back view
Ookurikara.full.2080432[1].jpg

Ookurikara.full.2077395[1].jpg

Melemele Kahuna

Carlyle
"Don't underestimate me just because I'm young."

basic
name: Carlyle Avery Gardens
height: 5'11"

pokémon
Pokémon:
Carracosta
Lapras
Starmie
Kingdra
Swampert
(secret mystery pokemon)
wailord_by_xous54.png

His companion pokemon is Oricoro pom pom style. Oricoro does not battle.

background
bio: Carlyle was born on Melemele Island but didn't quite have "normal" parents. You see, no one knows what really happened to his parents. Or, they just don't want to tell him since he seems happy just the way he is. Because of this, the island of Melemele and the people there raised (and is still raising) Carlyle. Everyone on the island is considered to be apart of Carlyle's family from the eldest to the youngest person. Many of the children on Melemele call him "big brother" and look up to him greatly. Carlyle is a surfing champion and is often seen on the waves with his pokemon. To be honest, Carlyle doesn't see himself as a Kahuna and if you asked him, he isn't quite sure why he became Kahuna but he knows Tapu Koko isn't wrong with its decisions. Maybe it's because for the island he calls home, he'll do whatever it takes to protect and preserve it.
personality
personality: Carlyle is the youngest Kahuna and by far the chillest. By these means, Carlyle is usually at the beach or in the water. If not at one of those places, catch him educating some of the youngsters about pokemon with his own.
ypDcsSaWEL3g5HkopyOReQRoaoo.jpg

Last edited:
Poni Kahuna

Lawrence
"Don't underestimate me, kid."

basic
name: Lawrence "Gramps" Alexander Grant
height: 6'0"

pokémon
Pokémon:
Houndoom
Mandibuzz
Pangoro
Honchkrow
Silvally
Malamar

His companion pokemon is Wynaut. Wynaut does not battle.
background
bio: Lawrence is originally from the Hoenn region. He heard about Alola from his wife when she was searching for a place to have their honeymoon. Spending two weeks on the island made Lawerence aware that he wanted to raise his family there. After talking about it with his wife and coming to a mutual decision, the two packed their things and moved to Poni Island in the Alola region. It took a while for Lawerence and his wife to get used to the new land, but they quickly became apart of the island people and were accepted happily.

Not many people know, but Lawrence was actually the mentor to Grand Kahuna Karmella. He taught her much of what she knows about Pokemon as well as gave her advice about her pokemon battling style. Despite his rough look, he's a big teddy bear. He acts as father to all, especially his fellow Kahunas.
personality
personality: Lawrence can seem rough around the edges and since his pokemon are dark types, many fear him. His voice is loud and deep, but once you get to know him, he's a great guy. He's stern and tough, always willing to help out trainers in need.
1472517376149.png

Akala Kahuna

Stefan
"Your pokemon aren't as cute as mine."

basic
name: Stefan Gray Tome
height: 5'07"

pokémon
Pokémon:
Carbink
Altaria
Gardevoir
Primarina
Mimikyu
Togetic

His companion pokemon is Comfey. Comfey does not battle.
background
bio: There's not too much to say about Stefan. He's a very loud man who loves to show off his pokemon. Since he was a little kid, he's been fascinated with fashion, all things beautiful, and romance movies. He's a trainer that the people of Alola weren't used to seeing. As time grew on and Stefan decided to open his own clothing/fashion store for Pokemon and people alike, he is now a household name. His past is something he doesn't talk about and only thinks that is should stay behind him.
personality
personality: Lawrence's can come off as rude and arrogant, but he doesn't mean it...too much. He just speaks the honest truth and loves to be around people. He's usually hanging around his shop with his pokemon, styling and dressing anyone who drops by. Oh, and if you're poorly dressed, even if you challenge him he'll decline.
D3_Master_Big_Star.png

Last edited:
Name: Bradley McNeal

Height: 6'3

How long has he/she been a trainer? since he was 10.

8257dac6bcaee39b6b78f3454243ef41.jpg

Enjoys:
• Battling
• Cooking
• Training
• Running
• Listening to music

Dislikes:
° Sweets
° Misuse of Pokemon
° Team Skull
° Backstabbers

Hobbies:
Cloud watching

Pokemon:
Electivire- His very first pokemon. He got it as Elekid when his parents gave him a pokemon egg before his journey started. Is Male and it's nature is Jolly.
4f372df11b0cac3038e33b83d55dcac1.jpg

Rhyperior- Obtained at the Safari Zone in Kanto. Is Female and it's nature is Adamant.
0c1bd1bc8f14af39d95d9b64a731f13f.jpg

Vikabolt: It was his very first Alola pokemon when he moved there. Is Male and it's nature is Modest.
f481ac616976eb2012e6cfe1195e418b.jpg

Ferrothorn: Obtained during his journey on Unova. Is Male and it's nature is Relaxed.
e74e97997d23c3034ac9cab14d73d4d9.jpg

Spiritomb: Obtained on Sinnoh. It's nature is Sassy
230a380ae2633ca87dab47fd2783e3ee.jpg

Metagross- Obtained after a meeting with Steven. It's nature is Adamant.

fede3dd55f5b9e90c09f6736148af4c3.jpg

He has obtained many other pokemon, but he uses most of this pokemon. His strongest pokemon are usually never seen,Besides Electivire and Metagross, unless he finds the battle difficult. Always has a Pachirisu, who he named Peach, tailing him where ever he goes.

Background:
Bradley or Brad as most would call him was born on Hoenn. His life was always normal growing up, spending his time with pokemons as he grew up, learning how to cook and or anything that his parents could teach him. They where former pokemon trainers before becoming Pokemon breeders. Before his 10 birthday, his parents gave him a pokemon egg so that he could have his very first pokemon. Once Elekid hatched, he started his journey, journeying throughout Hoenn, battling gyms or any strong opponent he could find, catching Pokemons that he found fascinating, which where sent to his parents farm to take care of them.

Brad never cared about becoming champions or winning the leagues, all he cared about was battling the strongest trainers that he could find and improve himself as time moved,going around every league he could. Eventually he met Steven who he lost to after challenging him before giving him a Beldum. Ever since them, Brad stopped battling little by little, eventually deciding to move to Alola. Once he reached there, he decided to travel it, fighting team skull, meeting new people and catching the new pokemons.

Personality:
Brad is one of the most calm and respectful person you will ever meet. He barely gets mad, only gets mad when pokemon are being harmed. Sure his thirst for battle has thinned, but that doesn't mean he stopped challenging stronger opponents. His love for pokemon and cooking came from his parent, mostly because they where overprotective, but now they take good care of his pokemon at their farm, using some of them to work on the farm. Another thing about Brad is that when he trains his pokemon, he sometimes joins them and that's where some of his injuries come from. One thing that most know about him is that he likes searching for really rare Pokemons.

Name: Bradley McNeal

Height: 6'3

How long has he/she been a trainer? since he was 10.

View attachment 325492

Enjoys:
• Battling
• Cooking
• Training
• Running
• Listening to music

Dislikes:
° Sweets
° Misuse of Pokemon
° Team Skull
° Backstabbers

Hobbies:
Cloud watching

Pokemon:
Electivire- His very first pokemon. He got it as Elekid when his parents gave him a pokemon egg before his journey started. Is Male and it's nature is Jolly.
View attachment 325486

Rhyperior- Obtained at the Safari Zone in Kanto. Is Female and it's nature is Adamant.
View attachment 325487

Vikabolt: It was his very first Alola pokemon when he moved there. Is Male and it's nature is Modest.
View attachment 325488

Ferrothorn: Obtained during his journey on Unova. Is Male and it's nature is Relaxed.
View attachment 325489

Spiritomb: Obtained on Sinnoh. It's nature is Sassy
View attachment 325490

Metagross- Obtained after a meeting with Steven. It's nature is Adamant.

View attachment 325491

He has obtained many other pokemon, but he uses most of this pokemon. His strongest pokemon are usually never seen,Besides Electivire and Metagross, unless he finds the battle difficult. Always has a Pachirisu, who he named Peach, tailing him where ever he goes.

Background:
Bradley or Brad as most would call him was born on Hoenn. His life was always normal growing up, spending his time with pokemons as he grew up, learning how to cook and or anything that his parents could teach him. They where former pokemon trainers before becoming Pokemon breeders. Before his 10 birthday, his parents gave him a pokemon egg so that he could have his very first pokemon. Once Elekid hatched, he started his journey, journeying throughout Hoenn, battling gyms or any strong opponent he could find, catching Pokemons that he found fascinating, which where sent to his parents farm to take care of them.

Brad never cared about becoming champions or winning the leagues, all he cared about was battling the strongest trainers that he could find and improve himself as time moved,going around every league he could. Eventually he met Steven who he lost to after challenging him before giving him a Beldum. Ever since them, Brad stopped battling little by little, eventually deciding to move to Alola. Once he reached there, he decided to travel it, fighting team skull, meeting new people and catching the new pokemons.

Personality:
Brad is one of the most calm and respectful person you will ever meet. He barely gets mad, only gets mad when pokemon are being harmed. Sure his thirst for battle has thinned, but that doesn't mean he stopped challenging stronger opponents. His love for pokemon and cooking came from his parent, mostly because they where overprotective, but now they take good care of his pokemon at their farm, using some of them to work on the farm. Another thing about Brad is that when he trains his pokemon, he sometimes joins them and that's where some of his injuries come from. One thing that most know about him is that he likes searching for really rare Pokemons.
Looks good to me. Welcome to the rp! Since Brad is already at Alola and he's been around farms and such, he can be with Grand Kahuna Karmella getting ready for the arrival of the trainers.

Amelie Leveque

Amelie Leveque
"Do you want me to... Say something? Uhh... Umm..."

basic
Name: Amelie Leveque
height: 5'3

How Long Has She/He Been A Trainer?: Amelie has been an official trainer since she was twelve, unofficially, she's been one for ten years
misc
LOVES
-Coming up with strategies
-Defeating grunts
-HURTING GRUNTS AFTER BEATING THEM

HATES
-Seeing a Pokemon being caught
-Fighting against an Escavalier
-Fighting against an Eevee
-Grunts

-HAVING HER FRIENDS TAKEN AWAY FOREVER

Pokémon
Pokémon:
Sableye: Read backstory

Mawile: Read backstory

To Come:
Team pending

{slide=
background
}Backstory:
Amelie Leveque was born on January 7th in the Kalos region. Her father (Henri) was also born in Kalos while her mother (Hana Yamato) hailed from the Johto region. Both of her parents are pretty influential or powerful in their specific field, her mother being a coordinator and her father being a battler. Her connection with Pokemon began when she was a child, since both of her parents worked (Coordinated and battled) for the entire day and only came home at night.

"Champion, Chevalier, Glace, your job now is to protect Amelie with your all. Care for her, give her the attention that I couldn't give."

Her father left behind three of his most powerful Pokemon at their home to protect Amelie. An Escavalier named Chevalier, a Goodra named Champion, and a Vanilluxe named Glace. So Amelie lived with these three Pokemon in the day, playing with them until she was too tired to move. Sometimes when her parents didn't come home at night, Champion would tuck her in to bed while Chevalier would do patrol outside of the house. Glace did nothing except for sit in her room and cool down the house when it was hot during summer.

But on nights when her parents were able to come home at night, precisely at 10:00PM, she and her father's Pokemon would jump on him, and hug him as soon as he walked through the door. And all the time, he would fall to the floor and say, "I think this Beartic hug is too strong!"

They had dinner at 11:00PM, it was a nice, slightly fancy dinner with all the candles (Litwicks) and a chandelier (Chandelure), minus the fancy food. When they were all done, they'd stay up for another hour until midnight and then all of them would go to sleep with Champion tucking in all of them to bed.

Her life changed one day when she played tag with the three Pokemon. Amelie was running around in the backyard while Champion tried his best to catch up to her, but his nature decreased his speed stat. But Chevalier, too caught up in the moment with excitement forgot that his arms were harmful to humans, tagged Amelie and ended up impaling her through the intestines instead.

And since then, Chevalier was never to be seen again.

--------------------------------------

When Amelie was nine, she caught her first Pokemon. Walking home one day from school, she found a Sableye making sounds in a dumpster. The Pokemon looked ill, almost as if it were dead, so Amelie picked it up and quickly ran home. With the help of Glace and Champion (And a pack of hyper potions and revives) they were able to nurse the Sableye back to health. Despite the little girl saving its life, the Sableye felt not even the slightest bit of love for her. Shortly after, the Sableye left.

She didn't see it again until another day. They reunited under similar circumstances. Instead of the Sableye being in a dumpster, it was in the middle of the road with three trainers trying to catch it.

"That's a Sableye isn't it?" The oldest one asked.

"That's what my Pokedex said." Another replied.

"Well, then let's catch it. Breloom, use false swipe!"

Amelie saw desperation in the Pokemon's eye, so she sprung into action immediately. "Wait, stop!" She said, running forward. "You can't do that to a Pokemon!"

The oldest trainer glared at her, "What? We're trainers, catching Pokemon is what you're supposed to do. Piss off kid, or else you'll get hurt."

Amelie shook her head and extended her arms, shielding Sableye with her body. "Can't you see that it doesn't want to be caught?" She said, a tear fell from one of her eyes. Before long, Amelie was crying in front of the trainers, sniffling loudly. "You can't! You can't! You can't!"

"Well... It looks like you didn't listen." The trainers pulled out their Pokeballs. "Whatever, start throwing everyone! She can't be crazy enough to block them."

Before they threw the first Pokeball, Amelie hugged the Sableye, shielding it completely with her body. But, the Sableye kept scratching her, even though she shielded it from the Pokeballs. The capturing devices hit her body again and again, against her back, elbows, shoulders, and one in the head. "Oww!" She shrieked whenever a Pokeball hit her, but no matter how many they threw at her, no matter how much the Sableye scratched her, she would never give up.

After a while, Pokeballs stopped hitting her. She turned her head around to see if they had stopped, but right as she did a Pokeball hit her straight in the nose. A shriek escaped from her lips, and then blood poured out from her nostrils. She turned her head back to the Sableye, its scratches were getting weaker.Amelie stared into its eyes and the Sableye saw the blood coming down from her nose, and it heard the sounds of something hitting against her body. The Sableye looked to its left, then to its right and saw all the Pokeballs on the floor.

Still in the grasp of her arms, the Sableye continued to look into her eyes.

The Pokeballs were still coming, and now the girl was crying loudly as well as bleeding from her nose. The girl turned her head around again and shouted, "You can't catch this Sableye... Because... He's my Pokemon!"

"Really?" One of them shouted. "Then let us touch him with a Pokeball, then we'll see if he's yours, or ours."

A solid ten minutes passed, and the volley of incoming Pokeballs stopped. The three trainers, now out of Pokeballs and money decided to give up. "Dumb kid, fuck!" They swiftly made their exit.

And now it was just Amelie and the Sableye. She released her grip of him and said "I'm glad you're safe." And then sniffled. "You should go now, if you don't then another trainer is going to come and catch you."

The Sableye saw all the trouble she went through just to make sure he wasn't caught, the color of the scarlet liquid pouring down her nose and all the Pokeballs on the floor. It was almost like a ballpit. He took a second to think, then made his decision. The Sableye walked over to a Pokeball then picked it up, then walked back to Amelie and put it in her hands.

"What? You want me to catch you?"

The Sableye nodded.

"I can't, I'm not a good trainer."

The Sableye grabbed her arm and forcefully moved it towards him so that the Pokeball made contact. There was a flash of red light, and then he was caught.

"But... Why?"

Was all the girl could ask as she held the Pokeball in her hand.

Note: And at the end of the day, she decided to name the Sableye "Noir"

Ever since the first day of school, Amelie's best friend had always been Colette Bonnaire. Purple hair and blonde don't mix very well as colors, much less as a hair dye combination. But as friends, they were just fine.

Colette was the only one who would give Amelie a helping hand when she fell on the playground, or when she didn't study for an important test. Always, the two of them would work together when the classroom had a group assignment, it was like they were inseparable.

The two of them grew up together, from childhood to trainerdom. Amelie had a Sableye, she had a Mawile. They were polar opposites, both them and their Pokemon. Sableye was male, Mawile as female, Sableye was a defensive Pokemon, Mawile was an offensive Pokemon.

But things changed when Colette disappeared one day.

On the midnight before Mardi Gras, Colette went up to Amelie without wearing her usual smile. She said to her, "Take care of Elise (Her Mawile)." And handed her the Pokeball and began walking the other way.

"W-Wait, what do you mean? Where are you going?"

Amelie ran up to Colette, but she pushed Amelie away when she went up close. "Please... Don't follow me."

It was the first time Colette ever pushed her on purpose, and didn't lend her a hand.

"C-Colette? What's wrong? You can tell me."

Colette paused, then looked behind her to face Amelie. "It's better if you don't know, it's for the best. Trust me Amelie, I'll be back, I just have to deal with a few things."

"Really?" She said. "Pinky promise then!"

"Pinky promise." Colette said, and then the two of them wrapped their pinkies around each other.

But it was a promise she couldn't keep.
personality
Personality:
The one most powerful part of her personality is her DETERMINATION. Without it, Amelie would stop being a dedicated Pokemon trainer. Despite being determined, she does not blindly rely on hope or positive thoughts, instead she leans on her own skill and battle strategies.

As well as being determined, Amelie is very tactical, planning out battles before she's even met the trainer. She knows counters to most teams, but a few very creative ones manage to catch her by surprise. But creativity in a team does not triumph over skill. This trait coupled with her determination forms a dangerous synergy in Amelie's mind, making her a little bit of a cut throat in order to get what she wants.

Amelie is shown to be a very calm person (at least until she snaps), even intensely stressful situations like presenting in front of a crowd or battling a very powerful trainer don't scare her. Able to maintain the same mood consistently throughout a battle, this makes her a dangerous opponent due to the constant stream of calmness not interrupting her train of thought.

She is also very cunning (And plays dirty), in Pokemon battles she only says the move loud enough so that only her Pokemon can hear. This results in her winning Pokemon battles against trainers with slow reaction times since this confuses most trainers when they see a Pokemon making a move, without hearing a command from the trainer.

All the things she's gone through has hardened her emotionally. The child Amelie is dead, and now the vengeful one takes her place.

Amelie nervously taking a photo with a friend's Pokemon.
AmelieLeveque.png
There were some issues with the BBCode... Oh well.
lonecoyote lonecoyote

Last edited by a moderator:
Amelie Leveque

Amelie Leveque
"Do you want me to... Say something? Uhh... Umm..."

basic
Name: Amelie Leveque
height: 5'3

How Long Has She/He Been A Trainer?: Amelie has been an official trainer since she was twelve, unofficially, she's been one for ten years
misc
LOVES
-Coming up with strategies
-Defeating grunts
-HURTING GRUNTS AFTER BEATING THEM

HATES
-Seeing a Pokemon being caught
-Fighting against an Escavalier
-Fighting against an Eevee
-Grunts

-HAVING HER FRIENDS TAKEN AWAY FOREVER

Pokémon
Pokémon:
Sableye: Read backstory

Mawile: Read backstory

To Come:
Team pending

{slide=
background
}Backstory:
Amelie Leveque was born on January 7th in the Kalos region. Her father (Henri) was also born in Kalos while her mother (Hana Yamato) hailed from the Johto region. Both of her parents are pretty influential or powerful in their specific field, her mother being a coordinator and her father being a battler. Her connection with Pokemon began when she was a child, since both of her parents worked (Coordinated and battled) for the entire day and only came home at night.

"Champion, Chevalier, Glace, your job now is to protect Amelie with your all. Care for her, give her the attention that I couldn't give."

Her father left behind three of his most powerful Pokemon at their home to protect Amelie. An Escavalier named Chevalier, a Goodra named Champion, and a Vanilluxe named Glace. So Amelie lived with these three Pokemon in the day, playing with them until she was too tired to move. Sometimes when her parents didn't come home at night, Champion would tuck her in to bed while Chevalier would do patrol outside of the house. Glace did nothing except for sit in her room and cool down the house when it was hot during summer.

But on nights when her parents were able to come home at night, precisely at 10:00PM, she and her father's Pokemon would jump on him, and hug him as soon as he walked through the door. And all the time, he would fall to the floor and say, "I think this Beartic hug is too strong!"

They had dinner at 11:00PM, it was a nice, slightly fancy dinner with all the candles (Litwicks) and a chandelier (Chandelure), minus the fancy food. When they were all done, they'd stay up for another hour until midnight and then all of them would go to sleep with Champion tucking in all of them to bed.

Her life changed one day when she played tag with the three Pokemon. Amelie was running around in the backyard while Champion tried his best to catch up to her, but his nature decreased his speed stat. But Chevalier, too caught up in the moment with excitement forgot that his arms were harmful to humans, tagged Amelie and ended up impaling her through the intestines instead.

And since then, Chevalier was never to be seen again.

When Amelie was nine, she caught her first Pokemon. Walking home one day from school, she found a Sableye making sounds in a dumpster. The Pokemon looked ill, almost as if it were dead, so Amelie picked it up and quickly ran home. With the help of Glace and Champion (And a pack of hyper potions and revives) they were able to nurse the Sableye back to health. Despite the little girl saving its life, the Sableye felt not even the slightest bit of love for her. Shortly after, the Sableye left.

She didn't see it again until another day. They reunited under similar circumstances. Instead of the Sableye being in a dumpster, it was in the middle of the road with three trainers trying to catch it.

"That's a Sableye isn't it?" The oldest one asked.

"That's what my Pokedex said." Another replied.

"Well, then let's catch it. Breloom, use false swipe!"

Amelie saw desperation in the Pokemon's eye, so she sprung into action immediately. "Wait, stop!" She said, running forward. "You can't do that to a Pokemon!"

The oldest trainer glared at her, "What? We're trainers, catching Pokemon is what you're supposed to do. Piss off kid, or else you'll get hurt."

Amelie shook her head and extended her arms, shielding Sableye with her body. "Can't you see that it doesn't want to be caught?" She said, a tear fell from one of her eyes. Before long, Amelie was crying in front of the trainers, sniffling loudly. "You can't! You can't! You can't!"

"Well... It looks like you didn't listen." The trainers pulled out their Pokeballs. "Whatever, start throwing everyone! She can't be crazy enough to block them."

Before they threw the first Pokeball, Amelie hugged the Sableye, shielding it completely with her body. But, the Sableye kept scratching her, even though she shielded it from the Pokeballs. The capturing devices hit her body again and again, against her back, elbows, shoulders, and one in the head. "Oww!" She shrieked whenever a Pokeball hit her, but no matter how many they threw at her, no matter how much the Sableye scratched her, she would never give up.

After a while, Pokeballs stopped hitting her. She turned her head around to see if they had stopped, but right as she did a Pokeball hit her straight in the nose. A shriek escaped from her lips, and then blood poured out from her nostrils. She turned her head back to the Sableye, its scratches were getting weaker.Amelie stared into its eyes and the Sableye saw the blood coming down from her nose, and it heard the sounds of something hitting against her body. The Sableye looked to its left, then to its right and saw all the Pokeballs on the floor.

Still in the grasp of her arms, the Sableye continued to look into her eyes.

The Pokeballs were still coming, and now the girl was crying loudly as well as bleeding from her nose. The girl turned her head around again and shouted, "You can't catch this Sableye... Because... He's my Pokemon!"

"Really?" One of them shouted. "Then let us touch him with a Pokeball, then we'll see if he's yours, or ours."

A solid ten minutes passed, and the volley of incoming Pokeballs stopped. The three trainers, now out of Pokeballs and money decided to give up. "Dumb kid, fuck!" They swiftly made their exit.

And now it was just Amelie and the Sableye. She released her grip of him and said "I'm glad you're safe." And then sniffled. "You should go now, if you don't then another trainer is going to come and catch you."

The Sableye saw all the trouble she went through just to make sure he wasn't caught, the color of the scarlet liquid pouring down her nose and all the Pokeballs on the floor. It was almost like a ballpit. He took a second to think, then made his decision. The Sableye walked over to a Pokeball then picked it up, then walked back to Amelie and put it in her hands.

"What? You want me to catch you?"

The Sableye nodded.

"I can't, I'm not a good trainer."

The Sableye grabbed her arm and forcefully moved it towards him so that the Pokeball made contact. There was a flash of red light, and then he was caught.

"But... Why?"

Was all the girl could ask as she held the Pokeball in her hand.

Note: And at the end of the day, she decided to name the Sableye "Noir"

Ever since the first day of school, Amelie's best friend had always been Colette Bonnaire. Purple hair and blonde don't mix very well as colors, much less as a hair dye combination. But as friends, they were just fine.

Colette was the only one who would give Amelie a helping hand when she fell on the playground, or when she didn't study for an important test. Always, the two of them would work together when the classroom had a group assignment, it was like they were inseparable.

The two of them grew up together, from childhood to trainerdom. Amelie had a Sableye, she had a Mawile. They were polar opposites, both them and their Pokemon. Sableye was male, Mawile as female, Sableye was a defensive Pokemon, Mawile was an offensive Pokemon.

But things changed when Colette disappeared one day.

On the midnight before Mardi Gras, Colette went up to Amelie without wearing her usual smile. She said to her, "Take care of Elise (Her Mawile)." And handed her the Pokeball and began walking the other way.

"W-Wait, what do you mean? Where are you going?"

Amelie ran up to Colette, but she pushed Amelie away when she went up close. "Please... Don't follow me."

It was the first time Colette ever pushed her on purpose, and didn't lend her a hand.

"C-Colette? What's wrong? You can tell me."

Colette paused, then looked behind her to face Amelie. "It's better if you don't know, it's for the best. Trust me Amelie, I'll be back, I just have to deal with a few things."

"Really?" She said. "Pinky promise then!"

"Pinky promise." Colette said, and then the two of them wrapped their pinkies around each other.

But it was a promise she couldn't keep.
personality
Personality:
The one most powerful part of her personality is her DETERMINATION. Without it, Amelie would stop being a dedicated Pokemon trainer. Despite being determined, she does not blindly rely on hope or positive thoughts, instead she leans on her own skill and battle strategies.

As well as being determined, Amelie is very tactical, planning out battles before she's even met the trainer. She knows counters to most teams, but a few very creative ones manage to catch her by surprise. But creativity in a team does not triumph over skill. This trait coupled with her determination forms a dangerous synergy in Amelie's mind, making her a little bit of a cut throat in order to get what she wants.

Amelie is shown to be a very calm person (at least until she snaps), even intensely stressful situations like presenting in front of a crowd or battling a very powerful trainer don't scare her. Able to maintain the same mood consistently throughout a battle, this makes her a dangerous opponent due to the constant stream of calmness not interrupting her train of thought.

She is also very cunning (And plays dirty), in Pokemon battles she only says the move loud enough so that only her Pokemon can hear. This results in her winning Pokemon battles against trainers with slow reaction times since this confuses most trainers when they see a Pokemon making a move, without hearing a command from the trainer.

All the things she's gone through has hardened her emotionally. The child Amelie is dead, and now the vengeful one takes her place.

Amelie nervously taking a photo with a friend's Pokemon.
View attachment 325950
There were some issues with the BBCode... Oh well.
lonecoyote lonecoyote
looks fine to me, lovely! Sorry I didn't see this earlier! Feel free to post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back