The New World - Dice Log

SirBlazeALot

Seven Thousand Club

DICE LOG

*Once you're done here, you should understand how to play. If you haven't already, read the Settings and Locations tab, and go from there.

HERE'S AN EASTER EGG FOR YOUR PROFILE.

I need you to simulate a battle with your character and a Mercenary wielding an Iron Sword. You're going to roll like you normally would right here in the Dice Log. But in the Other section of your profile, you're going to include a sample post of the result, so you'll post like normal, and put it behind a Spoiler named "Sample Post" and then write a post based off of the Dice Log result. When rolling, you will have Hayden as a partner with Base Values for all of his rollers and a C-Rank relationship with him. This is to see if you understand how to play.

Ok, we're finally here. Damn. Everything you've been reading has been adding up to the Dice Log. As mentioned in the rules, you will claim a target here, and then you'll do your rolling. Now, you're gonna be doing some light math. Don't worry, it's all addition and subtraction. I'm going to show you how to calculate. Are you ready? Ok!

First, use your character's movement value to determine which cell they'll be standing in.

Then here's what you're going to want to do. You want to add up all of your character's Roller Values first. Start with the Base Values.

Base Values

ACC: 100%

CRIT: 5%

EVA: 30%

LUCK: 5%

Now consider a few things:

+ Your Class Bonus

+ Your Weapon Bonus

+ If you're partnered up with someone

+If the enemy is partnered up with someone

+ If you can attack twice or not

+ Any bonuses you may have been granted from a skill, be it yours, a partners', the result of using an item, or someone else entirely.

+ the attributes of a weapon

* Keep your characters' values when equipped with their usual weapon in Stats on their character sheet so that you don't have to add it up all of the time.

Now that you've got all of your values added up, you're going to subtract the enemy's defensive values from your offensive values. So it would be

ACC = yourACC - enemyEVA

CRIT = yourCRIT - enemyLUCK

You're going to want to think about

- Status Effects

- the Weapon Triangle

- the attributes of enemies and weapons

- any enemy skills that may effect your values

It's easier to do all of the adding at the same time, and then do all of the subtracting.

Then that'll take care of all the math. Now I want you to number everything that you'll be rolling for, that's how we'll know what each dice you're gonna roll stands for. Clearly, we count from left to right. I'll be deleting all of the Dice Log posts after each chapter.

So here's what every Dice Log post should look like.

Character Name is targeting Enemy Name. (Target declaration)

Cell: X7

Character Name, Class, Weapon

Partnered With: Partner's Name

1. ACC = yourACC - enemyEVA

2. CRIT = yourCRIT - enemyLUCK

3. Skill Name = % of Skill activation

4. ASS = yourASS (lol)

5. BLOK = yourBLOK

[dice]17992[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back