• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The New Gods - Interest Check

Autumn McJavabean

Prettier than you.
The New Gods

This is still a draft, but I didn't like my other role play idea, so I'm posing one I feel stronger about.
Overview & Introduction

Gods have long been believed to be dead. Truth is, they've been around, reincarnated with every generation. There has never been a single God, such as the Greek Pantheon, rather beings inherent those titles and powers over time.

Now the powers awaken again as new people are chosen to be branded as the New Gods.

One new God has taken it upon themselves to eradicate the other Gods by becoming the one true God indefinitely. Posing a threat to all humanity.

Introduction

Long ago, when the world was still forming, beings of great power ruled over man. These beings would later be known to the tribes of humanity as Gods.

Gods, men and women with incredible powers and abilities that no human could naturally do. They could bend time, create islands, move as fast as a blinking eye and more.

With great power came great devastation. Those who wished to rule did so and became a pantheon of cult leaders, much like the Greek Gods. Some went further and caused much death in their wake.

When the Gods would fight, the world burned in agony.

A deal was made with the Gods that they would thus limit themselves to protest the world and to keep in check those who would seek to do the world harm. With their powers combined a seal was made, branded on every God to ever be born that would limit their potential power. Thus, the Gods died from human memory and they ceased to continue to rule over man, living instead in secret.

Then the new age came with new Gods with one seeking to rule over all as humanity should be.

Overview

This role play focuses on the story of a threat to humanity with Gods being a set of powers inherited from person to person. Alone they don't stand a chance, but together the earth has hope for a brighter future.

Combat will be written and trust is given to the players to not time-skip or god-mode. All rules and regulations will be written in-depth later.

Plot
Working on this currently.
Brand
All Gods are branded with a mark symbolizing their power. From the cosmos, these brands sizzle with radiant power, feeding and unlocking for the God.

These brands allow one to attain their godly power and form, each stage unleashing the shackles of the brand and allowing more power to flood their body. The first stage is about 50% unlocked, second is 90%. After that there is reincarnation, which exceed the brands 90% limit and allowing from a new transformation, typically morphing the body. This allows all the power to be used.

This generally has three parts. The first is a partial unlock, the second is a nearly complete unlock and the final is using all power and becoming the God in physical form.

Theme
Insert later
Setting
The planet earth is the setting with monuments for each God scattered across the world.

This takes place on modern-day Earth.

Combat
Edit later.
Rules

Minimum post: A minimum of one paragraph of 5 sentences long. This isn’t for you to feel forced to write things to drag your post out but rather to encourage you to give ample detail in your posts.

NO One Punch Man’s. Limitation is quite important for a roleplay. Characters shouldn’t be able to waltz over every and any obstacle. Despite how hilarious it is in the anime, I’m sure it will be pretty annoying and ruin the plot of the roleplay.

No Mary Sue’s/Gary Stu’s. Your character should have at least a couple of flaws/weaknesses.

No TM’ing or GM’ing other people’s characters.

Try to avoid OOC chatter unless absolutely essential for understanding the post. Otherwise please see the OOC tab.

Please maintain a degree of politeness and respect for your fellow rp’ers.

Keep the current plot in mind and please try to avoid contradicting the plot/characters with your own actions. If you’re unsure of if your actions might this, please give us a message.

Character Card

[COLOR=#000000]Character Completion: 50%[/COLOR]

Optional Quotes
Name

Name Intro

Name:

Species:

Height:

Weight:

God/Power: What are you the God of?

Appearance

Appearance

Personality

Personality

History

Abilities and Powers

Chi Abilities
Info about your abilities, such with Ki go here

Fighting Styles

Fighting style or Martial Arts detail go here

How do I get BCC for cs?

[COLOR=#000000]Character Completion: 50%[/COLOR]

Optional Quotes
Name

Name Intro

Name:

Species:

Height:

Weight:

God/Power: What are you the God of?

Appearance

Appearance

Personality

Personality

History

Abilities and Powers

Chi Abilities

Fighting Styles

Fighting style or Martial Arts detail go here

Quote (reply) to my comment and the codes will be displayed. Delete only [/quote] and

How do I get BCC for cs?

sounds interesting

I'm interested B^O
I hope your plannin' goes well!!!

Interested

Interested, for now.

Interested

Also interested

Very interested

Very interested

Letting you all know that the role play has been made here.

Optional Quotes
    Name

Name Intro

Name: Alexander Jason Riviera

Species: Human/Demon

Height: 5'2" (155cm)

Weight: 40kg

God/Power: Momus Re-incarnate/Perfect voice and writing mimicking.

Appearance

Appearance
  • Short with white hair and lilac eyes (red if in pain). Often wearing a cape, just because he can.

Personality

Personality
  • Alex is generally chill... until you hit him in his scar. Then, he freaks the fuck out, grows demonic features and tries his hardest to kill or incapacitate whatever set him off.

History
  • He was born in Sicily to a human mother and a demonic father. However, the Vatican hunted him down and performed tests on him. These tests unlocked his powers, sealed them inside him and gave him a scar down the left side of his neck.

Abilities and Powers

Chi Abilities
  • He has semi-mastered using shadow or 'dark' chi to perform telekinesis and control voids. (Only in his enraged state.) He can also use his voice powers to perform mind tricks and manipulate his opponent into thinking, among other things, that he IS the person he is mimicking.

Fighting Styles
  • Alex often manipulates his opponents, pacifies them and either kills them or makes them switch sides.

[/Justify][/border][/bg][/border]

we have a character sheet thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back