• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The New Empires

Akyi tilted her head "Ships?" she took a more relaxed standing "Your tribe is Divine sun?" she asked in a confused tone "what is a kingdom? my tribe is the Flying Stags" she then moved so that she was in better view of her surroundings "Our land is vast, goes all the way to those mountains" she said as she pointed to some very far off mountains. Other than that Akyi was having trouble understanding what Yachakuj was saying "Republic", "diplomatic"? these words where new to her. She took a moment to examine the woman in front of her and prodded the chain armor she was wearing "What is this? strange fur from a strange beast?"

It was at that moment that she gasped and jumped "Kefki! Kefki said outmen would come!" she pointed to the hills "Come i must take you to him!", she had to stop herself from tugging at Yachakuj's arm out of excitement, however she stopped for a moment "We must be careful for Stone Dogs, they have been acting aggressive" she said in a worried and yet serious tone "Stone Dogs crush that which they cannot take"
Comrade in the Shade Comrade in the Shade

• akyi.jpg
    Personality: curious, exitced, strong willed (as are alot of tribes people)

Details: Akyi is the tribes alchemist and aprentice to Kefki the shaman

Tribe: The Flying Stags

[tab=Akyi][/tab]

Republic of the Divine Sun

Geranport, United Nenia (CC: Kasierwolf Kasierwolf )

Ñusta was delighted and her excitement showed in her eyes. "Thank you, m'lord." She bowed again. "We understand that these communications may take some time and appreciated United Nenia's current situation. Your lordship's ships will surely more than suffice! The young woman stretched her hands and looked gloomily at her Caravela. Though an admiral of the Republic, she relished every moment she could spend on land - especially in new places.

Glancing back at Lord Gerant she crossed a hand over her chest timidly, "With your permission, I would like to remain in Geranport until we recieve confirmation from Cegate. My diplomatic mission does not require it, but I strongly believe that establishing good relations among peoples is half the work of a diplomat. Truthfully, I am curious about your port city and not at all anxious to return to the familiarity of my home in the Republic. If possible, my attaché will need apartments to rent or a barracks to share. And I would certainly be up for a bit of an adventure if you are willing to lend me a guide and grant me free movement!" She smiled warmly at the Neniaese lord.

(OOC: in case you'd like to ever use the tilde, Ñ= alt + 165 and ñ = alt +164; no pressure)

The Meridionalis Isles (CC: KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor )

"Rumimanta achkokkuna nirkachu. Did she say dogs made of stone?" one of the members of Yachakuj's hunting party whispered in the Kusko tongue. Yachakuj was clearly perplexed. Who could be alive today and not know of ships and kingdoms? But Yachakuj had little time to ponder such a person as apparently one stood in front her now and she was being invited to meet more, perhaps equally as ignorant, folk.

"Well. Um. Yes," she began glancing around at her small hunting party. "Malko go back to the ship and tell the others of what happened. Wait for us there." The young halfling woman turned to the others, "you four, with me. Guard yourselves, but do not antagonize or give any reason to suspect malicious intent." The four marines nodded and slung their bows on their backs.

"We'll follow you, m'lady of the Flying Stags, to this K-efki..." She said without really knowing who Kefki was to the woman. Yachakuj also began to bow according to protocol but cut the gesture short realizing it probably didn't mean much to the woman. "We will keep an eye out for the Stone Dogs." She motioned toward their weapons, "our bows and daggers are made for hunting large animals; they are strong. Perhaps you can tell us more of the Flying Stags and other tribes while we travel."

Royal Khisomer Kingdom

Mainland
After many man-hours of focus and study, the first catapult was finally revealed to The Grand Emperor of The Holy Kingdom of Khisomer Galrod I The Valiant and Wise. How ironic that his latest efforts were put towards the navy, and a siege weapon was the first project to reach fruition. Nevertheless, he and some of the highest nobles watched its test fires- all of which (excluding an embarrassing test where it was launched without a projectile) were a complete success. Of course it could be improved, especially more precise aiming, and they had no other variety of siege weapon. But they finally had something other than the mages to knock down enemy walls. To be honest however, the largest reason for its creation was to further intimidate the humans that may oppose them, as if the mages flooding their ranks with death wasn't enough already...

The High Seas
Regeina listened intently to 'Burij' as he laid out his terms. They all seemed simple, straightforward, and played safe by being neutral. It seemed to include, "Trade, merchant enclaffes , und ein empazy- zeze are your bropozizions in zis treaty, correct?" She would wait just a moment so Purij could confirm this either with a nod, silence, or a similar action, "Und all you ask zat ve keep our vaders clean of filth in return? Zurely you chest- ein not fery vell kebt zecret our ours is zat all our schibs are filled to zee prim vith mages! ... Put... berhaps zis is to brodect your ovn schibs bazing through our zeas? Zen ve vill enzure zat birades zimbly do not exist in our vaders."

Expecting Purij to have understood all she said despite her incredibly thick accent, she deciding to point out one last thing that interested her,"Und you zaid zat you visched to pegin relazions across Lanerth, correct? If you meet other beoples, could you py chance tell us? Zis needn't pe bart of zee treaty of courze, unless you vanded it to pe. Ve are zimbly interesded in discoffering any other nazions zat haffe rizen, und are bhyzically in ein bozizion zomevat farther avay zan zee other condinents."

Giving just enough time for the other diplomat to speak, she would begin to conclude the meeting, "Othervize, ve vould pe glad to accebt, und vill gladly zign zis document zo zat it may pe taken into effect immediadely. Ve vill pegin trade immediadely, und pegin orkanising ein empazy to zend to your lands. Ve zank you for zis bleazant meeting." It was up to Purij now if he wanted to speak more, accompany Regeina to the RKK, or deliver the treaty home himself.

Republic of the Divine Sun

The High Seas between Nenia and Vliyeshi (CC: @Master Hand)

Regeina’s thick accent taxed Purij’s concentration and patience, but language fascinated him so he happily persevered. “Thank you, Lady Regeina,” he began. “If I understand you right, you only ask the Republic to share any news of nations we come across. This is agreeable. I am part of the first dispatch of envoys from Kusko and our missions followed trade ships, rumors, and the simply charted course for the old hubs and capitals of the fallen empires. Though I expect by now we will have embassies in other capitals of the world. We will certainly send you charts and maps as a gift and gesture of goodwill. These will be presented when our permanent ambassador arrives to present themselves in your court.”

Purij stood and snapped his fingers. The page, who had accompanied Purij on board the Vliyeshi ship, quickly produced identical copies of the documents. The two diplomats signed and the Republican diplomat bowed again. “Thank you again, m’lady. What a fortuitous meeting. You have the Republic’s thanks and admiration.”

The page packed up and returned to the Caravela. But the elf lingered. “Lady Regeina.” Purij couldn’t let an opportunity go without at least trying. “House Yura’illapa is the proud curators of knowledge in the Republic. We are custodians of the Library of Illumination in Kusko and the most avid patrons of magical scholarship throughout the Republic. I would be amiss if I did not take this chance to ask,” Purij paused briefly. “Would the Royal Khisomer Kingdom be open to a meaningful exchange of ideas, allowing our two nations’ scholars free travel and access to universities, libraries, and areas for field research? I did not come with official treaty language, but as custodian of the preeminent scholarly institution in the Republic, I can make binding promises on these matters.” Purij paused again. He was clearly excited. “And, on a personal note, I would be very interested in traveling to Vliyeshi and visiting with your mages and scholars. Does this sound acceptable to you?” The elf grinned with genuine delight.

On a mountainside just north of Kusko

Amaru Apunchik, Doge of the Republic, sat in the shade out of the harsh Kusko sun. It was normal for the wealthy Patrician families of the capital to retreat to their villas in the mountains. Ever season, the heat of the tropical city would become unbearable. Here, at least, one could concentrate on their work and remain industrious. Today, however, Amaru had spent the majority of the morning laying by the main swimming pool at the palatial home of House Kirusapa.

“M’lord,” a page approached with a handful of documents - and a bottle of chilled wine. “M’lord,” the youth repeated when his master failed to respond the first time. “Respectfully, there is much to accomplish today, Lord Amaru." He was a bold page. "Besides these reports from our numerous, active diplomatic missions, the Master Architect has arrived from Kusko as well as --”

“Me,” said a figured still in the shadows cast by the villa. “M’lord, it is imperative that you return to Kusko.” The shadow shapeshifted into an elderly woman as the figure moved into the light.

“Lady --” the page stopped unsure who the woman even was. He clearly had not let her into the inner chambers of the estate where his master had been retiring. “M’lady,” he began again, “you must wait outside to seek an audience with the Doge. He is --”

“Thank, Wambra,” interrupted Amaru. The page was obviously frustrated but moved to leave the two. “Leave the wine, Wambra.”

Once they were alone, Amaru stood and moved to pour wine in the glass left for him. There was only one and he did not make an effort to retrieve another. “Mother,” Amaru brought the glass up to his nose and breathed in the crisp, fruity fragrance, “you are not welcome here in father’s home.”

The woman laughed a not-unattractive laugh. “You certainly have come to prefer your father’s old house - and lifestyle.” She nodded toward the wine and waved a hand at the swimming pool. She sat down on a plush cushion without invitation and made herself comfortable. She did so gracefully despite her age. “I know my presence here in these magnificent halls of power remind you and the other Patricians of what you are - a bastard.” She emphasized the last word and sat with her fingers clasped under her chin. She stared at her son the entire time. She ate a plump date from the tray left by the cushion and where Amaru had been reclining.

Amaru had not yet looked her in the eyes. “Clearly you are ashamed of me. After all these years. By the gods, Amaru, your father has been dead for what, a decade? No! 15 years now.” “I am not ashamed of you, mother,” Amaru said finally glancing up at the woman who brought him into the world. “I simply do not have time to play your games. I must keep my hands clean - out of the mud and filth you seem to trek in with you everywhere you go.”

The woman laughed again. “True. I cause you so many headaches what with the life I gave you. The skills I taught you - and dare I say the love and nurturing I offered you, my son. But let’s not drag up the past. For now, we can leave it there - in the past. You are right I deal in darkness and unseemingly things. But that is why I am here.” Amaru set down his wine glass unfinished. He heard the concerned tone in which his mother was speaking. It was enough to catch his attention. Not much in this world scared the old crow. “There is something happening, dear son, in our beloved city - or at least in its bowels. Rumors are flying around the Kusko Underground where news usually travels by whisper. Someone or someones have arrived in the city to peruse the magical and rare wares of the Underground. It is said they have cargo holds full of coin but they seek something in particular. Something they have not yet found and Kusko's finest merchants have yet to produce.”

If his mother’s serious tone hadn’t captured Amaru’s full attention until now, the idea of ships full of money did. Despite his influential position in an affluent realm, he had bankrupted House Kirusapa of its legendary wealth in order to gain the position of Doge. He was a bastard destined to live a decent life for sure, but not one so critical to the nation. Amaru had only become head of the house when his half-brother and his wife died suddenly in the great plague that ravaged Kusko after the Great Collapse. He was left with two young boys and a familial trade empire emerging from the ashes. In his mind, he had done well with what he was given. And besides, the family’s coffers were not as well stocked as the stories alleged. After a long pause, he responded, “what do they seek, mother?”

“We do not yet know.”

Weeks upriver of Karu’akta, Phikas

“Damn this rain,” Sani Kirusapa shouted into the darkness from his large tent. “It seems it will never stop.” Indeed the expeditionary force had been forced to make camp for three days now. The deluge was so constant that their first site had flooded and Sani had to scout out higher ground for a safer place to wait out the storm.

Wawki sat up in bed. He had been reading while Sani paced for the past hour. “Patience, Kirusapa. I know you don’t have a patient bone in your body, but -” A brooding look from his partner stopped Wawki from completing his crude joke. “Oh, my love, you really are bent out of shape by this weather.” Touching his finger to his chin and faking curiosity he asked, “Why ever could that be? Perhaps -” But he was cut short again as a soldier soaked to the bone entered the tent. Wawki stood to receive the report.

“Lord Commanders,” the soldier saluted. “Osstrudians by the hundreds are passing below. They are head to our first campsite.” Wawki sat down. He was not concerned. “Well,” he said aloofly, “they’re going to be in for a bad surprise. Normally that’s an easy place to cross the river but not after 72 hours of rain. Fools.”

Sani, on the other hand, was interested in the news. “Tell me what we know of them. Have we made contact? Are they warriors? Why are they traveling in the deluge?”

“They have women and children, m’lord. Some warriors yes, but it is impossible to see how heavily armed they are in the rain. We have not made contact. As our scouts reported the other day, the pelt hunters they came across shared word from upriver.” The soldier paused to allow Sani to come to his own conclusion.

“The Dreors,” Sani mumbled. At the mention of trolls, Wawki’s ears perked up. “Are they fleeing the band of Dreors we sent men to track?”

“We do not yet know, m’lord.”

Sani quickly strapped on a belt and drew his hood over his head. “Well - what are we waiting for then?” He threw a cloak at Wawki still sitting and bolted out the tent.

The rain was punishing. How their lookouts had ever spotted the orcs in the downpour was unclear, but Sani had personally scouted the location. Here the brush began again. Shortly after there was the steep hill leading down to the bank of the river after 200 paces. Wawki, who was not particularly skilled at outdoorsmanship, struggled to keep up. His complaints were lost in the pounding rain. Soon they arrived where the Osstrudians had gathered along the river’s edge.

At different points along the great river of Phikas, even miles from its mouth where the expeditionary force was now, the river can become so wide that an individual cannot see the opposite bank while standing at its shore. This place, however, was very narrow. In fact, it was a well-known crossing that people would travel hundreds of miles up or downstream in order to cross by raft. Tonight the rains had made that cross impossible. The orcs saw the futility of crossing while the river was flooded. They had begun to bicker among themselves in ankle deep water.

“Of course the narrow crossing is flooded. Ignorg is an idiot for bringing us here!” shouted one particularly large Osstrudian woman.

“How dare you? Chief Ignorg died to give us time to flee the Dreors. He did not bring us here. It was I'm unculturedhig,” shouted a younger, slender Osstrudian man. He pointed at another orc, presumably I'm unculturedhig who was clearly exhausted to the point of collapse. The young orc lunged at I'm unculturedhig who buckled under the body blow. A cacophony exploded among the group. Then Sani stepped in.

“Hafling! And an elf! There is a halfling and an elf among us!” cried the youth who had started the brawl. He was now under the boot of the large Osstrudian woman. “And they’re both pretty. I know these two. Sani and Wawki from the traders' village, Karu’akta. Why are you so far from the mouth of the Great River?”

“Why indeed?” Wawki asked sarcastically. He had said it just loud enough for only Sani to hear his jest.

“We are here, Shagar Badbog, on a trade mission. Same as last. We wanted to push further up river this time around but like you, our expedition was stopped by the rains,” Sani shouted so the group could hear that he too knew their names. Chieftess Shagar Badbog was easy enough to identify. Half her face was burnt leaving one side mangled and without any hair.

“How many are you, friends?” Wawki shouted.

“Our tribe travels with us. Together we are 1000, but not all are friends of your kingdom of coins and moneyed men,” responded the slender orc still on the ground pinned down by Shagar’s boot.

“I would think not, Karguk Rasktaug. I understand that the Redrok Tribe is cautious of the Republic, but for tonight, you can remain cautious here and be washed away or come with us back to our camp on the high ground. We have tents for your elders and children.”

Karguk threw off Shagar and came to stand directly in front of Sani. He was much taller than the halfling, but the Sani showed no fear. Wawki also stood his ground. This was a common tactic among Osstrudians in Phikas, but Sani had worked hard to build a positive reputation among the tribes upriver as magistrate of Karu’akta. Karguk grunted - apparently a sign of acceptance. “We will take your offer, pretty halfling," he finally said reluctantly. He motioned to the rest of the group and one of the orcs among them blew three short notes on a curved horn. Wawki nodded to Sani and then rushed ahead to notify the camp’s lookouts.

Soon the large group of Osstrudians was inside the camp. The expeditionary force was all awake at this point perhaps weary of the intruders in their camp. Some of the soldiers were more than a little upset that they were being forced to give up their tents and pack into others to make room for the orcs vulnerable to the weather. But they knew this was the role they had to play. Vastly outnumbered on a continent of Osstrudians, as a part of the expedition, they all knew it was better to make friends than enemies.

Sani was clearly trying to woo the leaders of the group. The Redrok Tribe was one of the last members of a powerful confederation to agree to trade relations with the Republic. Swaying their opinion tonight would open up a large swath of the continent to the Republic's traders. Karguk had fibbed on the number of their followers. In fact, only 500 orcs, with maybe 200 warriors among them comprised their group. Every man, woman, and child seemed miserable having traveled a great distance in the rain. While the rest of the orcs tried to make the most of the flimsy tarp structures they had fled with, the leaders were invited to Sani’s large tent. There they sat around a large table cleared of Sani’s maps and survey tools.

“Tell us, proud warriors,” Sani began, “what is so threatening that has the entire Redrock tribe moving downriver?”

“Dreors,” growled Shagar confirmed the halflings earlier hypothesis.

• lBY1fpwHDycSsYVji8Tfd7dEpW2MgWgWg8q0OUSc3flEcRRkMEFH1yzJuG_E-gy4Ha7ymmS6sLLpipCFvY9jOqFcVsBGgg52ZDFFi2vMJSMqVeZpdh3nsOARXqCQukqdIqy291vW

Personality: cerebral, cautious, secretive

Details: Little is known of House Yura'illapa beyond their historical association with the Kusko Mage's College. It is said each member of the house is adept in magic. Purij, despite being the oldest member of his house, is still relatively young for an elf. Older generations of the house inexplicably began disappearing after the Great Collapse.

Kichwa name translation: Traveler White Lightning

Akyi smiled ear to ear "Yes! outmen wise and smart!" she said as she beckoned them to follow her "Ya-cha-kuj is your name? i like it, long name, sounds smart" she walked them on a little further before asking "You want to know of the others?" she smiled, she wasn't the tribes storyteller but she would give it her best shot. She began to tell the stories of her tribe and many of the others in the area, all while making grand gestures with her hands and arms, "My people, the Flying Stags came from the hills and plains" as she waves her arms all around her, this was her peoples land. "We tame the land and beasts, many stories have come of our people".

She continued like this for some time, she went on about the Painted Snakes coming from the marshes and the Burning Tree's coming from the forests, she told a much shorter version, a full recount of the tribes would take hours or even days to tell. She then stopped for a moment "But the Stone Dogs..." she sounded angry "The men from the mountains came, called themselves the Stone Dogs, at first they did nothing but they became more violent" she pointed to some mountains that were incredibly far away, almost impossible to see at this distance "Stone Dogs come and kill Flying Stags, and kill Painted Snakes and Burning Trees.." she sounded genuinely angry at this point "So the tribes unite and beat them back into their mountains, they stay there now but sometimes they come down again"

She paused for a moment and breathed "What about your people? you must have many stories to tell!" she looked at the directing from which Yachakuj had come "Your Divine sun tribe"
Comrade in the Shade Comrade in the Shade

• akyi.jpg
    Personality: curious, exitced, strong willed (as are alot of tribes people)

Details: Akyi is the tribes alchemist and aprentice to Kefki the shaman

Tribe: The Flying Stags

[tab=Akyi][/tab]

The New Aupaxian Empire
Flag (27).png
The Legion
Throughout the northeastern plains of Aupax the sounds of Legion boots hitting the ground below rings out. "I wonder how these lands used to look during the old Empire" one of the Equites wondered outloud. "It was glorious" another older Equites responded. "These roads used to be traversed regularly by carts traveling goods from city to city. Much of these lands used to be dotted with small villages and farms, now, it's barren" he said.

He then pointed towards a silhouette in the distance. "You see that? Used to be one of the largest rural towns in the Empire. Legio I think it was called. Entire towns abandoned during the collapse." "Must have been chaotic" the younger horseman commented. "It was, but people always find a way to survive in these times. Perhaps the town residents are still there." "Only one way to find out. Shall we go ask the General?" "You go ahead" the older one said.

"Sir" the horsemen said as he approached Marius."What is it soldier?" "Perhaps it would be worthwhile to inspect that town over there." Marius looked straight ahead. "As it just so happens that is our next destination. You may return to your Century, soldier."
Ianerth Political.png

The Empire

"10 trebuchets built and tested. Another 10 more are on the way sir." The Engineer Guild Master, Canus, said to Imperial Adviser Nero. "Excellent. The Empire needs to be ready for anything." "There is another thing, sir. I'm sure you and his majesty will be most pleased. Follow me, if you will." Canus led Nero outside to the testing grounds for all finished equipment. "FIRE!" an engineer said, shortly followed by a loud blast. Nero was impressed, despite having his hearing replaced with a pitched ringing for a few seconds. It did not help that another few blasts from other cannons came shortly after. "As you can see, multiple tests on these so called 'cannons' have been successful and will soon be produced regularly to be used in the army!" Canus shouted while covering his own ears. "Very good! Now let's go back inside before I can no longer hear!"

The High Seas
"KEEP IT STEADY FELLAS!" The captain of an Aupaxian trade vessel yelled to his crew over the storm. "WE'RE TRYING CAPTAIN! THE WIND IS TOO STRONG!" a crew member yells back. Another crewman is almost thrown off the deck as a wave crashes against the side of the ship. "THAT'S IT. EVERYONE BELOW DECK, IT'S NOT SAFE OUT HERE." With that, everyone flocked below deck as fast as they could and waited for the storm to blow over.

The Shores of Nenia
The crew resurfaces after a long time spent sheltering below deck off the coast of a large landmass. "Where are we?" inquired one crewman. "Damn if I knew" replied the captain. "Let's head ashore, see if we can get our bearings correct." The crew maneuvered the ship closer to the shoreline and dropped anchor. A small detachment of the crew, including the captain went ashore while the rest stayed on the ship to clean up.
Kasierwolf Kasierwolf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back