• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The New Empires

Clockwork_Magic

*Gears turning*
Roleplay Type(s)
It's been years since the Great Collapse, since the sudden collapse of the 7 kingdoms of old. There are many theories of why the collapse occurred, including instability caused by the Great War or even divine intervention. But that does not matter now. What matters is the path on which you will lead your people. Will you lead them to greatness or will your kingdom fall, like the great empires had?

Alright, so this is a nation builder that will take place on a fictional planet by the name of Ianerth. The story begins when the 7 Kingdoms of old collapse, leaving a massive power vacuum to be filled by successor states. This is where you, the players, come in. Each of the continents have different cultures and species that would influence the player's nation.

Here are the maps:
Ianerth.png
Ianerth Continents.png
Ianerth Old Empires.png

Intrigued. I'd like to see some more information about systems and cultures before I can say for certain, but I like the idea.

Yeah. This should be either more fleshed out or player determined, but I'm still pretty interested.

So what is the real world year that is closest to this world's technological advancement?

Also interested once we get clarification. Honestly, i think having the cultures be player determined would be pretty cool, but i'm fine either way.

I'm working on the back stories of the old kingdoms, hopefully I'll have them done by the end of the week. Also, what do you guys mean by player determined cultures?

I'm working on the back stories of the old kingdoms, hopefully I'll have them done by the end of the week. Also, what do you guys mean by player determined cultures?
Player determined would mean that the roleplayers come up with their own cultures.

I was basically saying we could allow players to come up with most of the lore about our respective factions.

Oh, of course. It's their faction, they should be able to come up with their own lore.
The reason there was confusion was this wasn't made clear, but wouldn't making the backstories of these 'old kingdoms' sort've limit what we could come up with if it isn't vague enough?

The reason there was confusion was this wasn't made clear, but wouldn't making the backstories of these 'old kingdoms' sort've limit what we could come up with if it isn't vague enough?
I suppose it would, but then again you can just say your people were against the ideals of the old empire. After all, it is pretty hard to get absolutely everyone to like any one ideal.

I'm interested. Would you make a map to show us where our nations our located in the world? Also do we have to be the new big nations? I kind of want to be a smaller nation. (but still economically important or some other reason)

I suppose it would, but then again you can just say your people were against the ideals of the old empire. After all, it is pretty hard to get absolutely everyone to like any one ideal.
How's the RP going?

Well, I forgot this existed, my bad. I'll get right back to doing the lore, that is if I don't procrastinate and forget, again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back