• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building The New Empires OOC

So... does anyone want to get together and make a new rp, or is there something still going on with this one and I'm not aware of it?

You probably thought my reply was going to come fascist, but I guess it came pretty slowly.

It took a long time to hit le r eply button.

I hope it didn't seem like I was Stalingrad.

I'll stop...

Hey.

I am interested in joining, I´m just trying to understand all the stuff involved. Like how magic can affect battles, how people work out how many troops of what type they have, what, if any, rules exist affecting logistics, industrial production and demographics, etc... all while figuring out how I can configure my nation to be a total pain in the ass for everyone, militarily speaking, by using concepts like teleportation, air power, air-bursting artillery and Ruling the Waves.

Last edited:
Hey Saavedra Saavedra (also Rysesaka Rysesaka ) , the first thing to understand is that I'm basically playing elvish-third-reich, so you won't be the first to try and take over everything there are three links on the first page of this chat. I'd advise you to look at the lore and cs's, as well as our rp so far.

Also, Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic is heading the rp. We're continuing it without him cause it seems he's busy, but I'm pretty sure he's still around.

Also, Saavedra Saavedra , your military ideas are either going to get nerfed, or you won't have a land army. Some nations don't have any navy, and others don't have any air force.

On the bright side, we might be able to work out an... agreement...

The RP is the only thing so far I haven´t looked at, I think. And it is looking at the CSs that has me wondering about power levels. I find it a little bit difficult to gauge how powerful a given player´s army is when every army includes hundreds of mages of unspecified power, and sometimes several subclasses of mages. As for the non-magical side, I see troop-to-population ratios that are kind of difficult to believe, and all sorts of variations on units.

To be fair, I may be asking for too much formality from a RP that maybe is intended to be more about fun and less about simulating freaking Hearts of Iron. Also, the opposite of informal nation building is far worse (I´ve seen RPs with about a dozen factions, and each faction had a dozen different kinds of troops... do the math).

That said, I do aspire to have a fearsome combination of air force and navy with a more modest land component. And I do not plan to be openly hostile, at least at first, so trade and alliances are more than possible if I get in.

Last edited:
We dont have air forces yet, or TP (dwarvish wunder-dromes fly tho) since it is medieval setting (GoT without the dragons). We had a free setting for everyone to develop the nation (including army) in their own view. Our RP just hasn't grown so far that we could see development chains. Cause we started from a "ruined land" every land had to pick a small portion of continent or habitable ground, to expand.

Im OK, just very busy with work and life. I'll post today or tomorrow morning, trying to phrase the diplomatic conversation right.

Hey Comrade in the Shade Comrade in the Shade , welcome to the club! We're always glad to have new members. It looks like you've got a handle on things pretty well.

I'm not the one that makes the decisions here (at least, not just me) but if your territory is just the small pink parts, then your population is very high. On top of that, your military dwarfs everyone else's in that I'm sure your navy would outnumber everyone else's combined.

Other than that, it looks like you'll be in pretty soon.

( Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic , we have a newcomer. Also RyanDiaz RyanDiaz and AldarisLordOfLight AldarisLordOfLight )

Last edited:
Hey Comrade in the Shade Comrade in the Shade , welcome to the club! We're always glad to have new members. It looks like you've got a handle on things pretty well.

I'm not the one that makes the decisions here (at least, not just me) but if your territory is just the small pink parts, then your populations is very high. On top of that, your military dwarfs everyone else's in that I'm sure your navy would outnumber everyone else's combined.

Other than that, it looks like you'll be in pretty soon.

( Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic , we have a newcomer. Also RyanDiaz RyanDiaz and AldarisLordOfLight AldarisLordOfLight )

I'll get that squared away. I was having a hell of a time comparing my military to others.

Don't get lured in by their tricks Comrade in the Shade Comrade in the Shade , join your elven brothers so that our nations will span across the globe and reign for a millennium!

Or we could just establish relations or something. Whatever floats your cog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back