• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

AstroNeko54

.:✧ Nekoverse ✧:.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Welcome to the Nekoverse! *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

This is a private thread, but if you're intrigued and would like a game of your own, then check out
this post to see what everything is about!
OoC Discussion Thread: [Nekoverse Player Chat + OOC]

<ARA LYRAE>
Lives: 3
HP: 100
----------------------------------
(12) Pockets: Cellphone
Money: $20.00
Cookies: 0
???: 0/50
???:
ARMOR:
(10) WEAPONS:
(5) MISCELLANEOUS:
PHONE CONTACTS:

[NONE]

BUFFS/DEBUFFS:
Sailor: Excessive profanity, with anger enough to make the high seas themselves recoil. NPCs will now immediately trust you a little less. ~

Name - Ara Lyrae
Age - <--- 22
Height - <--- 5'4
Birthday - <--- January 2'nd
Gender - <--- Female
-------------------------------------------------------------
Description - <--- Ara is a gambler, a criminal, a wanderer, she doesn't follow any rules but those that she chooses. Ara is actually a pretty good person, she is morally bound and knows her way around the town, usually she clears out bad guys off the streets, she wears a trench coat and a fedora, she wears all black. Aya needs glasses to see, but her knowledge of technology doesn't fall short there, she wears mechanical glasses that can zoom on command, which would be nice, if she didn't have to wear glasses that get in her way all the time. When I say she can't see without em, I mean the world becomes one blurred color for her. She has a slim figure, she is fast, charismatic and technologically savvy, though very weak with close range weapons, and can be taken down in a few hits.
Fears - <--- Ara hates sunlight more than anything on this planet. She also hates cheerful people to the point of actually being frightened by them, I know this is moreso dislikes, but I don't really know much. Oh also water, it freaks her out.
Strengths - <--- She's smart, charismatic, fast, and great with guns, but awful at everything else.
Romanceable: Yes, hell, her ability to flirt with people to manipulate them has been one of her greatest strengths.
What would your dream house be? - <--- A dark apartment in the middle of a busy city, thats all.
Favorite plant/flower? - <--- Cactus, she relates to em, beautiful and deadly, only comes up in the harshest environments
Additional info - <--- She's a quiet gunner, not much more to say there, but much more to find out (I don't even know what her backstory is, let's find out!)

Last edited:
*Thousands of colors swirl around you as your foot hits something solid. An invisible force ever so gently pushes you out of a multicolored portal and into the light of day, purple and gold particles sparking around the edges of the vortex... It seems you're in what looks like a small forest of slim pine trees, most of the branches seeming to be bare, with leaves and ferns coating the ground. The sun filters through the scattered branches, giving the forest a soft orange glow, while birds chirp around you as if to joyously welcome you into this new and unfamiliar world. *

'Ara groans unhappily and pushes her fedora down to block her eyes from that godawful sun, she gets her bearings and begins looking for civilization, she hates birds, and she hates nature. Ara was made for a dark brooding life of crime, this is not it.'

(Did I do that right?)

(Yea you did! Its just preferable to mention which way you're going or where exactly you're looking, that way you don't miss something extremely important, or wind up walking into a tree or door or something, OR wind up somewhere you're not supposed to be yet! If theres not too much detail on direction then I just go with the default direction, which is usually forward LOL)

* The forest floor is littered with pine needles and mulch and decaying leaves, like any forest would be. Tiny ferns are peeking up from the bases of trees. A few birds fly overhead, enjoying their calm forest life while a faint noise is coming from up ahead in a clearing. Beyond the scattered trees of the forest is what looks like a road. Behind you, a gentle breeze blows, carrying the salty smell of the ocean, and two fallen trees form a sort of curved triangle shape, housing the vortex you just emerged from. However, it flickers out of existence and leaves an empty frame.*

'Ara runs to the road, nevermind the vortex, she needs to find a gun, and fast, she feels unsafe without one'

*You head down a slight hill through a carpet of mulch and pine needles, down to the road. Its a small two lane road, but its quite empty as far as you can see. Straight ahead of you and across the road are a few bushes and trees And beyond those, is what looks like a little park in the shape of a large pentagon. A playground sits in the middle, with tiny little kids running and bouncing all over it. In the distance, a huge metropolis with a single tall tower sits calmly.*

'Ara approaches the children, one specifically, her looming figure couldn't be ignored'
"Where am I"
'She has a deep voice, she looks and sounds threatening, definitely not good with children.'

*You rush across the road, nearly being hit by a motorcycle that swerves out of the way, right at the last second.*

*In the park, the little kids are just having a jolly good time. A few boys are messing around on a merry-go-round and the monkey bars. A few little girls are on the swings and taking turns on the slides. One single little girl sits on a bench alone off to the side, her pure white hair gently blowing in the wind as she stares off into nowhere. The children don't really acknowledge your presence at first, besides one very small girl bundled up in a thick blue coat and a little yellow and pink pinstriped scarf. She watches you silently, her big brown eyes never moving away.*

*There are a few people playing soccer in a field to your left and a slightly older kid with a deep dusty brown jacket sitting on a bench. A lantern with dark walls and tiny lights flickering in and out sits next to him. A sidewalk leads past these soccerfields and the park itself, and up towards a thick field of short sunflowers, all gently swaying in the breeze. Another sidewalk leads right and turns to curl around the rest of the park, a small yet very dense forest on the other side, the road you were just at curling around it.*

*As you approach and speak to the nearest child, the girl on the bench, she flinches in surprise, looking towards you, but not at you as if she can't find you. You have every other childs attention with your voice, all playing having ceased.*

???: O-Oh hello-! I- um- I- I'm sorry, I don't think I recognize you miss...

*The smaller girl in the coat scrambles up to her, clinging to her arm protectively and looking up at you. Half her face is hidden behind the scarf, and shes wearing little pink boot and mittens as if she's freezing in the middle of what must be summer here. She holds her friend closer, never taking her eyes off you and never saying a word.*

???: Y- oh hello Sheila- *The blind girl looks to her friend with a slight smile, never making eye contact.* You're in Shiro City, miss...

Last edited:
Ara: "Alright whatever, can you point me in the direction of a gun store? Or a place I can grab some liquor?"

Aras deep voice and edgy nature gives off a scary vibe, she sounds, and looks, just like a criminal, well she does until she takes off her fedora and sunglasses, holding them in her right hand, she looks at the kids and gives each one a toothy grin, her teeth are yellow, but she has beautiful blue eyes, and long flowing, hazel-colored hair. Ara is trying to be friendly, but it's just not in her nature.

(I hope my responses aren't too small, also they'll be faster from here on)

(Thinking on it more gave me more ideas on how to describe her appearance)

Ara has pale skin. Aras hair is smooth and flat, though it blows in the wind.

(I just thought those would be details worth mentioning

(Nah, they're not too small, you're good uvu)

*The children look shocked for just a moment. They're all between the ages of 7 and 11 it would seem. The blind girl looks terrified for just a moment as Sheila tugs her closer.*

???: I-I-I don't know what you mean, miss... theres none of that he-

??? #2: HAY!!! MISH WITH THE FEDORA!!

*A little girl with red hair and pigtails skitters up to you, wearing a little brown plaid outfit and a HUGE gap-tooth smile.*

??? #2: Are you a detective???

She thinks for a moment.
"Who's asking?"
She had to be suspicious, no matter what. Children can't even be trusted.

??? #2: Well, cosh I wanna be a detective when I get older, and I've never seen a detective here in Shiro!!! Do you sholve crimesh and catch the bad guysh like Sherlock Homlsh?

*The young girl is practically vibrating in excitement, her big eyes wide and sparkling in admiration.*

She smiles "Nah. I'm the bad guys usually. Listen, there's few people who are perfect and they're seen as heroes...Us imperfect fucks never get to see fame..." She sighs "Never try to be a hero"

*The young girl stands there in slight confusion, her smile fading as you talk to her and slowly crush her dreams.*

??? #2: ... oh. But- *Her smile returns, just as bright as before.* But being a hero doeshn't mean you hafta be perfect! Sherlock washn't ever perfect, but he wash shtill the best detective ever!!! He wash Londonsh hero!!!

*The other children have started to scoot away from you, intimidation slowly starting to twist into an odd sort of fear of you.*

"Sherlock wasn't fucking real! I'm sorry to ruin your perfect little life but there are no heroes unless you're perfect! And no one on this god damn earth is perfect! There are no heroes, it's all a lie to keep people happy, so wake the fuck up! Look at me! I'm an alcoholic who kills people for money! Sure I figure out a murder, but that's only cause someone wants someone dead and is willing to pay. the world isn't happy, the world is awful, and the second you notice that, is the second you grow the FUCK up."
*She was angry as she spoke to the child.*
"Now, is there something you need from me? A missing person? A criminal I need to hunt down? An innocent I need to hunt down?"
*She sighs.*

*You're met with a chorus of tiny gasps, appalled at your sudden anger. Sheila tugs on her blind friends arm, the white haired girl looking like she just heard the devil themselves speak. The little girl you've just lashed out at stands frozen to the spot, little tears welling in her eyes. She doesn't have it in her to respond to you, turning her eyes down with a little shake of her head as if to say 'no'. She scoots back, the rest of the children scrambling towards the houses without a word. A moment goes by as she inches away from you even more, lifting a hand and rubbing one eye, tears dripping down her face as she turns and runs almost immediately.*

*You're left in an empty playground, the swings moving back and forth from the remnants of the childrens play.*

*Congratulations, you scared them all away.*

~ DEBUFF ADDED: Sailor - Excessive profanity, with anger enough to make the high seas themselves recoil. NPCs will now immediately trust you a little less. ~

*Ara sighs sadly and walks in the direction of the big city, hoping to find work, or help, or maybe a drink, she sings to herself, a familiar song. Ain't Misbehavin', by fats waller. That song got Ara into singing and playing piano. Ara used to sit in bars and sing for money but no one liked it. Ara has a pretty voice, though it sounds more like a mans voice, like frank sinatra, definetly not a high pitched feminine voice.*

*You head through the park, and into a small area of shops. Crossing the road, cars stop to let you safely pass by.*

*The little shops all seem to be entirely empty and dark, though still welcoming. Most shops are little clothing stores, with cute hats or cozy jackets in the windows, and shirts with bright and colorful designs that practically beg you to smile. A few toy shops are scattered around as well, brand new bikes and scooters sparkling behind glass, some even displaying fancy rollerskates.*

*A few people walk around here, some leaving the park, some going to it. One woman stands out among them all though - a semi-tall lady with nine cat tails, long brown hair, and two cat ears perked on her head. Her back is turned to you as she carries a brown paper bag full of groceries down the sidewalk, passing by a tall lanky man somewhere in his mid to early 20's with a navy jacket that is clearly too small for him. The mans eyes are... pitch black. they only have a single little streak of blue in them, but its obvious its from contacts. He smiles very cheerfully at you, a single stray tooth poking up from his lower jaw.*

???: Aftanewn miss!

*His accent is most definitely British, a Cockney accent at that. He's paused his odd long-legged walk midstride to greet you with a very quick little wave, now frozen in a strange, one leg out position*

*Ara looks at the man and sighs*
Ara:"Alright, are all you people cheery all the time, cause it's starting to-...Ah fuck it, what do you want with me?"
*Ara puts her right hand on her hip, ready to pull a knife if she needs to, Ara is still used to the way of her old city*

*The man had started to walk away again, but when you look at him and sigh, he stops and turns to you.*

???: A- wot? M'sorry miss, I-I jus' wanted t'say good aftanewn - ye look like yer a bit new 'ere, arn'tche?

*He straightens up, his little vest straining over his shoulders as he blinks, feeling bad for disturbing you, as he can tell you're quite unhappy with him at this point.*

*Ara snaps. She balls up her fists and grabs the man by the neck*
"This is all fucking bullshit! You're bullshit!"
*She sets the man down and puts her hand on her head, it's clear that she's angry, but she's beyond the point of no return, she can't control herself as she yells*
"This is all fake! This isn't Black City, this is some nightmare and I just want to wake the FUCK UP!"
*She just lets out an angry scream and runs away into the nearest alleyway she can find. She needs to hide and collect herself, maybe change her clothes so people don't recognize her as the lady who broke down in the street...No her features are too defining for just a clothing change, she needs to get a mask or something. She looses her train of thought and looks around the alley she ran into*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back