• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

AstroNeko54

.:✧ Nekoverse ✧:.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Welcome to the Nekoverse! *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

This is a private thread, but if you're intrigued and would like a game of your own, then check out
this post to see what everything is about!
OoC Discussion Thread: [Nekoverse Player Chat + OOC]

<PETER JONES>
Lives: 3
HP: 100
----------------------------------
(7) Pockets: Cellphone, Boating License, Halloween Candy, Crackers Treats, 1 Dandelion
Money: $20.00
Cookies: 11
???: 0/50
???:
ARMOR:
(10) WEAPONS:
(3) MISCELLANEOUS: Assorted Flowers, Wrapped Up Meal
PHONE CONTACTS:
[NONE]

Name - Peter Jones
Age - 27
Height - 6'3''
Birthday - August 10th
Gender - Male
Description - An ambitious and fearless sailor who decided to replace his missing body parts with robotic parts instead of peg legs and hooks.
Fears - Ghosts
Strengths - Very strong and resilient due to being a cyborg, expert sailor, he's very good at intimidation, and has several gadgets among his robotic parts that help him in combat.
Romanceable: Yes
What would your dream house be? - A houseboat.
Favorite plant/flower? - Spinacia oleracea (Spinach, he just loves spinach)
Additional info - He has a red parrot as his companion. The parrot's name is Crackers. Crackers would best be described as a loud and bratty bird. He's intelligent and can speak fluent english though, and he's quite smart.

Last edited:
*Thousands of colors swirl around you as your foot- HEYYYY I LIKE YOUR LEG, DANG*

*.... ah- 'SCUSE me, sorry uh --*

*Thousands of colors swirl around you as your foot hits something solid. An invisible force ever so gently pushes you and your posse out of a multicolored portal and into the light of day, purple and gold particles sparking around the edges of the vortex... It seems you're in what looks like a small forest of slim pine trees, most of the branches seeming to be bare, with leaves and ferns coating the ground. The sun filters through the scattered branches, giving the forest a soft orange glow, while birds chirp around you as if to joyously welcome all of you into this new and unfamiliar world.*

Peter looks around at his new surroundings. It looks like he's in the middle of a forest, with sunlight filtering through the branches, lighting up the environment, and the birds chirping as well. "What kind of place is this?" He asks himself. However, he soon thinks of something. "Well, if I'm here, I might as well start exploring. I might even find some treasure along the way, har-har!" Peter says out loud with his low-pitched laughter, as he decides the best course of action is to move forward.

*You head down a slight hill through a carpet of mulch and pine needles. Behind you lay a small two lane road, anything else about it obscured by the trees now. Up ahead, the slight hill turns into sand. The salty smell of the ocean is overwhelming, and you can hear the waves crashing on the shore, not too far away from you. The ocean stretches as far out as you can see beyond the trees, a large structure sitting a little ways to the right. To the left, the sand stretches out for several miles, a few tropical palms separating it from a treeline.*

Ahead: ocean
Left: sand, palm trees
Right: large structure(???)
Behind: two lane road

Continuing on with his adventurous spirit, Peter quickly stops as he catches a smell he knows too well. "What's that I smell? It can't be anything but the smell of the ocean!" He declares. Being a person who knows the ocean better than anything else, he decides to go towards the ocean. He can probably go fishing and set up camp there.

Peter continues ahead towards the ocean.

*The sunlight reflects off the waves, seagulls calling out above you as you crunch onto the sand through the treeline, moving down a tiny hill. Little sandcastles speckle the beach, childrens handiwork somehow having survived the tide. To the right still lays the line of palms that sit at the edge of a thicker treeline. To the right now is a large red and white striped lighthouse, small little purple stripes separating the red from white. Right in front of this is a small pier with a little shack, a wooden sign placed above it that looks like a fish. Several boats of different kinds are docked there, one of which being a tall sailboat - another, being a houseboat.*

Ahead: the ocean
Left: sand, palm trees, treeline
Right: lighthouse, pier, boats and the little shack
Behind: pine tree forest

Peter smiles as he enters the beach area. Ah, the smell of the ocean, the sound of seagulls, and the beautiful sight of the waves. As he explores this place, several things catch his attention. Firstly, he notices a large lighthouse, the largest thing here. He also notices the little shack with a fish sign, and he also notices the sailboat and the houseboat. This makes him grin wide. Today must be his lucky day!

Peter walks towards the dock where the boats are, while looking around to make himself aware of the presence of any other people.

*The salty air is cool, rolling over the sand and carried by the wind. The boats gently bob up and down as the waves roll beneath them, seagulls not really bothered by the movement from their perch on the rails. The lighthouse is dark for now, but it looks like its been recently cleaned. The little shack has a lantern lit in the window, and just behind the glass, it looks like there's an old man sitting behind the counter. Various boards and materials are scattered across the sand up ahead, like someone was either building or repairing a boat. Nobody else is around you, it seems...*

Ahead: lighthouse, fishing shack
Left: ocean, sandy beach docks
Right: sandy beach, forest
Behind: sandy beach, palm trees

Peter enjoys the scent of the ocean as he walks around the coast, the sea has become a part of him after all his travels. He then notices that there are many materials scattered scross the sand, hm... Peter heads over to the shack to ask the man about the boats that are there.

-Peter: Hey, sir! Are those boats out there yours?

*... *

*... The man can't hear you, because you're outside of the shack, shouting at the wooden wall. The man shifts slightly, cleaning out one of his ears, assuming your shouting is a bug pestering him. One of the boats nearest to the shack looks like someone has been working on it - it's named the S.S Mayfly. A little houseboat sits a few spaces away, roped to the docks with a nameplate on the pole its roped to. In big letters, carved into a plank, it says "PETER JONES".*

Peter decides to stop shouting, but then he notes something very interesting. The houseboat has a nameplate on the pole its roped to. It says 'PETER JONES'. "What the-" Peter says to himself as he sees this. He then laughs. "Well, coincidence, destiny or whatever you may call it, this houseboat is for me!

Peter walks over to the houseboat, and decides to explore inside it.

*The houseboat is indeed for him! A key is in the lock to the boat - it's unlocked, as if it's been waiting for you.*

*The inside of the houseboat is decently sized - a small kitchen against one wall, and a couch against the opposite wall. A fold out table is pressed into the wall, able to be pulled out at any time. A TV and very small fireplace sit in the front space of the boat, a hall leading further back. Several pots that hang one above another sit in the kitchen - in each one, thick bunches of spinach grow from them! They look like they've been well kept, too.*

*Theres a gift basket sitting right on the counter of the kitchen, with a "WELCOME PETER JONES" note smacked right on the front of it. From here, you can smell and almost FEEL the warmth from at least a dozen freshly baked cookies... The rest of the basket has a few flowers, some candy, treats for your parrot, some sort of wrapped up meal, and a boating license already registered in your name. Thats probably incredibly convenient.*

Peter smiles as he sees that the houseboat even has the key, and it's unlocked, as if it had been waiting for him right here. "Ha har! Now this is a nice coincidence!" Peter says as he explores the houseboat. He looks around, and smiles as he sees everything, from the kitchen, the TV, the fireplace, and the spinach! "Oh boy, now this looks great!" Peter says with a smile on his face.

He looks over at the counter, where he finds a gift basket that has a note that says "WELCOME PETER JONES". This surprises him greatly. Did someone know he was coming and prepared this for him? He looks inside the basket and finds freshly baked cookies, a few flowers, candy, treats for Crackers, a wrapped up meal and even a boating license! "Whoa, no idea who did this, but I'm really thankful!" He says with a smile. This really is convenient. He looks around, not being able to see anyone, but smiles anyway. While he doesn't see anyone, he decides to talk anyway.

*Hey, you! I don't know why, but I have the feeling you can hear me! If you're the one who set all of this up, thanks a bunch!*

Peter continues smiling, and looks back at his trusty sidekick, Crackers the red parrot. Crackers pretty much goes wild as soon as he sees the treats. "Crackers! Crackers! I want crackers!" The parrot starts exclaiming. Peter chuckles, and gives him one of the treats.

"Well, this is very good! I wonder what else there is around here?" Peter asks himself. He decides to save all the things he found in the gifting basket in his inventory... not before eating one of the cookies first. "These are very good." Peter says. He then looks at the TV, and gets an idea. "Hm... maybe I can find something on TV that can tell me a bit more about this place." Peter thinks to himself, before deciding to turn on the TV. Hopefully there might be something on the news or another TV show that can help him learn more about this place.

*.... no I- uh*

*I was not the one that set this up but... you're welcome anyway.*

* . . . *

+10 Reputation

*a- ANYWAY*

*The TV flickers to life, but only shows a dark green - nearly black screen with slowly falling light green binary numbers. It glitches a little now and then, but otherwise shows nothing. A few moments pass, then a picture finally flickers on. It's a news station! A woman with a bright smile, aviator goggles and a brown jacket with fluff around the collar is holding a stack of papers.*

"From Kioku Island, all the way to Ruoanta, hello viewers, and welcome! I'm your host, Dahlia Devi, with your evening news!"

*The screen shifts, a little box with a picture of a warehouse showing up, a red CLOSED sign plastered over it, the headline reading "OLD WAREHOUSE FINALLY SHUT DOWN "* "Many of you know of the old ware house on the west side of Shiro City - the warehouse was a computer parts storage facility, with shelves upon shelves of spare parts and scrapped computer towers. But, after the warehouse encountered a long-running lack of buisness, it's finally closed its doors. The newest plan for the empty building is to sell it, but the pricetag is yet to be released. But, our top headline for tonight-"

*The screen flashes with a big bold "BREAKING NEWS!" banner, before flickering to the next story, the headline having changed to "NEW HOUSE APPEARS ON SHIRO MOUNTAIN"*

"Out of absolutely nowhere, a houseboat has appeared right on the docks next to Fetters Point Lightstation! Nobody has stepped up to report the ship as theirs, and nobody has any information as to how it appeared. Captain O'Connell, however, reported that the boat appeared just this afternoon at roughly 4-5 PM."

*The screen moves to show pictures taken of the mysterious houseboat. Its a quaint little ship with a good sized cabin, a post with the name "PETER JONES" painted in big black letters right over a rope that keeps it tied to the docks.*

"Last story for this evening, Miss Neko Kyanberu and Koichi of Shiro City have announced the activation of a new android tomorrow morning!"

*The picture is now of a very happy woman in her 20s with two cat ears and purple tipped hair smiling alongside a black haired female robot, her eyes a bright shining green, along with the most emotion filled smile you could ever see from a machine.*

" After months and months on the edge of our seat, the long awaited announcement has finally been made. Shiro Tower is set to welcome a second android into the Nekoverse! Koichi has informed us that once the final part is found, then "everyone will have the joy of meeting my son". No information of the android-to-be's name or the missing part has been released, so I suppose we'll just have to be patient. And now, lets go to the lovely Sami Tremaine with the weather!"

*It cuts to a slightly concerned looking girl with long blonde hair and a blue ribbon having tied it all up in the back, standing in a field of sunflowers over a small cloud near the ground. A very little girl in a blue dress is sleeping away on it, her hair white and fluffy just like the cloud... ....Actually, her hair IS the cloud.*

"Well Dahlia, it seems like clear blue skies and perfect weather until someone gets hungry or woken up."

*It cuts back to Dahlia after a few seconds, a never fading bright smile on her face.*

"Thank you very much Miss Tremaine - thats all for this evening, check back in tonight for updates and more information! As always, I'm your host, Dahlia Devi, and this has been your evening news!"

*The screen flashes SHIRO NEWS for a moment, before moving to a weekly forecast screen, sitting there idly with only todays weather shown, every other day in the future showing up as bold question marks - nobody seems to know the weather here.*

Peter just smiled, and watched the TV. He pays close attention to the news, and everything he hears really catches his attention. "Hm... Shiro City, eh?" Peter says as he hears the reports about different events that have taken place in the area. His eyes open up specially as he hears the news of a houseboat appearing right on the docks next to Fetters Point Lightstation. This really intrigues him greatly. He starts rubbing his chin as he hears the report, and then sees the pictures of the houseboat onscreen. It's this houseboat, no doubt about it! "Well, it couldn't have just appeared here. Someone must've put it here, someone who knew I'd be coming here." Peter thinks to himself. All of this is very strange. There has to be someone behind all of this.

He then sees the next report of Miss Neko and Koichi announcing the activation of a new android. The expression "Nekoverse" really catches his attention. "Nekoverse, hm... something tells me this place is a whole new world in itself." Peter says to himself. Crackers just eats his treat, not really paying too much attention to what's going on. Peter thinks more about the situation. As far as he understands, he's in this place called the "Nekoverse", and the area seems to be called Shiro City, at least that's what he has gathered so far.

This Miss Neko person intrigues him though, her name is oddly similar to the "Nekoverse" that was mentioned. Could it be just coincidence, or is there something going on here? Peter thinks about it for a while. "Hm... I wonder where that Shiro Tower place is. Maybe I should go see if I can talk to Miss Neko tomorrow." Peter thinks to himself. Crackers finishes his treat, and then starts talking. "Talk to Miss Neko tomorrow! Talk to Miss Neko tomorrow!" Crackers replies, waving his wings. Peter chuckles, turning off the TV. "Yeah, that's the plan." Peter tells his feathery friend. "Hm... I wonder if that old man I saw in the shack could be that Captain O'Connell they mentioned in the news." Peter thinks, before deciding what his next move will be.

Peter exits the houseboat, and walks towards the shack, hoping to find the same man he saw earlier.

*The shack is dimly lit, but through the window, the man still sits. He has a thick gray beard and a pipe in his mouth, his nose deep in a newspaper. However, he looks bored out of his mind, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind a bit of company. The shack and surrounding area reeks of fresh fish and bait, large barrels outside overflowing with the catch of the day, a good sized bucket full of worms and other critters used to lure in fish. The shack has a wooden fish on a hook as a sign, but there aren't any words. The windows are a bit grimy, but slightly smeared like someone's done their best to clean them from all the sea salt and fish grease.*

Peter walks over to the shack, and sees him through the window. He notices the barrels full of fish, as well as a bucket full of worms used for fish bait. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say this guy is a man of the sea just like me!" Peter said with a grin. "Man of the sea! Man of the sea!" Crackers repeated out loud. Upon looking, he decides to knock on the door of the shack, to get the man's attention.

*The man jumps a bit, but looks up at the knock.*

*A pipe shifts in his mouth in almost a semi-disgruntled way as he puts down the paper and takes his boot-clad feet off the counter, standing and walking to the door with heavy thudding footsteps.*

*The man opens the door, clearly a captain from the looks of his hat and long faded blue coat. His beard is gray and a bit scruffy, clearly a man of the sea.*

???: Th' doors open for ye, lad. I'd ask if ye'r lost, but ye'r lookin' to be a man of the sea such's I. Can I help ye with som'n?

*The Scottish captain turns his head to the side, away from you, blowing smoke from his pipe.*

Peter notices the man looking over, and opening the door. He gives the man a warm and friendly smile. "Well, to tell you the truth, I just appeared in the middle of the forest nearby a while ago. I've been exploring the place, and well, I arrived here." Peter explained. "By the way, my name's Peter Jones." He added. He glanced back at the houseboat, and then back at the man. "Do you know something about that houseboat over there? I heard in the news that it just appeared this afternoon. It's really a nice place, I'd say a dream house if I've ever seen one." Peter replied, with a hearty chuckle.

"Dream home! Dream home!" Crackers repeated energetically, wavings his wings around as he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back