• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
???: Yes dear, edible cookies. The monetary value of the things is a bit surprising. Many people accept both cookies and cash.

*The woman laughs gently when you act so sweet to her.*

???: Ah- no, no, please. My name is Genevive, but if you prefer, you may call me Jemma. You're far too sweet, miss... what did you say your name was?

*As she's talking, the door to the library swings open slightly, bells announcing someones entrance, although whoever just entered says absolutely nothing.*

"W. Just W. Don't think that I have any other name. Nice to meet you, Genevive-sama."
As W ended up talking, she heard sound of door bell, and reflexively turned around to see who entered the building.

Jemma: W? I-I see... How strange- then perhaps the house on the news belongs to you...

*A young girl stands in the doorway of the library. She looks around 8 years old, wearing a thick blue winter coat and a yellow scarf with pink pinstripes. Her hands and feet have matching pink and white fuzzy mittens and boots - oddly, it's no season for winter clothing. She stares up at you with big brown eyes, blinking one questioningly.*

Jemma: Oh- Miss W, this is my daughter, Sheila. Sheila darling, this is Miss W.

*The child stares at you a moment longer, tugging her scarf up and over her mouth and nose, managing the shyest little wave, shuffling her feet together.*

"Oh, uh... She's pretty, Genevive-sama. Hi there, eh... Little one?.."
Sheila, however, remained silent, and only gave W a little wave. She either was too shy to speak, or voiceless. W wasn't brave enough to ask librarian directly about this, because she still needed to sleep somewhere. Time will show which theory was correct. Instead, W made a sweet smile, wave back to the girl, and turned back to Jemma.
"Such a cutie. Is she acting like this with all strangers, or it just me?"

*The girl shuffles her feet together even more before skittering over to her mother, clinging to her trenchcoat with her big brown eyes still turned up to look at you.*

Jemma: Oh, it isn't you, Miss W- she's this way with... everyone. She wasn't always, but one day she came home and just... said nothing. Wouldn't tell anyone why, either. It's been that way ever since.

*A sad and heartbroken smile crawls across Jemmas face as she lovingly strokes the top of Sheilas head.*

Jemma: Miss W will be spending the night with us Sheila, is that alright?

*The girl looks almost afraid, but softens up as she looks back to you, trying to determine what to think.*

"I see... Sorry for asking."
W clearly saw a fright on Sheila's face, so she stand on her knee in front of girl and tried to calm her.
"C'mon, little one, cheer up a little. I will be here only for one night, not even a full day. I'll be gone before you even woke up."

*The girl stares at you, shuffling a little and drawing in a gentle breath.*

*After several more moments of silence, Sheila nods and gives you a little hug - a sign of trust.*

Jemma: Oh- I suppose that's a yes then. Let me lock up and I can take us all home - how does that sound?

*The librarians gentle smile earns rapid nodding from her daughter, the young child glancing at you once more, a bit more relaxed in your presence.*

W expected a different reaction, but it probably was better. She hugged Sheila in reply, and then stand up.
"That's more like it. I'll buy you something if we'll meet again."
Then W noded in reply to librarian, awaiting for her to lock up bulding.

*The girl hugs you back a little tighter, visibly relaxing under your embrace.*

*Jemma has already walked off, starting to turn off lights and close the blinds, locking up the library to be extra safe.*

*Meanwhile, Sheila moves back, pointing at you, then at the ground, and shrugging. Probably trying to ask how you got here.*

W walked off after Genevive, and noticed that Sheila was doing something. Turns out she tried to ask W about how she got here. The girl shrugged in reply.
"Somehow, I got teleported here, little one. No clue how and why, but now I'm here."
Then a silence fell for some time, until W asked a question to librarian.
"May I ask, Genevive-sama? How long do you live here? At this island, I mean."

Jemma: How long have I lived here?

*She takes a moment to think about that, having to count on one hand and mutter things to herself as she walks around the building, drawing the blinds and clicking off lights.*

Jemma: Well, not for awfully long. I moved here with my husband after discovering I was pregnant with my sweet girl.

*Sheila is silent, visibly pondering your answer.*

Jemma: You said you teleported here... but do you remember from where, exactly?

"I see, I see..."
W didn't find another reply, but it wasn't need, because Genevive-sama asked her too. After a little thought, W answered.
"I think so. At least, I didn't forget everything about place where I was. Why ask?"

Jemma: Well, I was wondering that, so we could see about getting you back home, dear! I'm sure you have some friends or family that miss you, you can't be gone for all that long - they'd be worried sick you know.

*The little girl nods as her mother comes back, flicking the light off on the desk and moving for the doors.*

Jemma: If you teleported, surely it isn't anywhere around here...

"Nah, don't bother about it. The only person that could've been miss me is my employer, but I think he'll find someone to replace me. Actually, I think this whole situation is some kind of rebirth, or a chance to begin normal life."
Despite what she said, W wasn't upset about this at all. Instead, she kept a positive tone in her voice and was rather glad about what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back