• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Other
Here
"Very good, very good," iterated Snapjaw, his head bobbing, a snaggle-toothed smile smiling. His sword hand slid backward a little, then moved to sheathe his weapon as he leaned against the wall near the door. "Well, if you two are not friends, I can probably assume you to be with the bandits that plagued the local town. Am I correct?"

Sanctus, for once, said nothing, not even a jibe. Instead he looked worriedly at the slim blade at Snapjaw's side. He knew that it had taken many lives more than his knives.

"Neither confirming nor denying," the old man continued, nodding and smacking his lips with a pop. "Very well. I did find a way out. You seemed to be in a predicament and caused a ruckus before closing the door. Metal creatures were focused on a door. I assumed it was because you were there and searched for another point of entry, though this place is cavernous.

"Glacier, where is Origin right now? She was with you when we separated, and the others too. Not dead, I hope. The others, I mean."

His eyes lazily ventured between the two others, but Sanctus felt that he knew better. Snapjaw was sizing him up.

"Very good, very good," iterated Snapjaw, his head bobbing, a snaggle-toothed smile smiling. His sword hand slid backward a little, then moved to sheathe his weapon as he leaned against the wall near the door. "Well, if you two are not friends, I can probably assume you to be with the bandits that plagued the local town. Am I correct?"

Sanctus, for once, said nothing, not even a jibe. Instead he looked worriedly at the slim blade at Snapjaw's side. He knew that it had taken many lives more than his knives.

"Neither confirming nor denying," the old man continued, nodding and smacking his lips with a pop. "Very well. I did find a way out. You seemed to be in a predicament and caused a ruckus before closing the door. Metal creatures were focused on a door. I assumed it was because you were there and searched for another point of entry, though this place is cavernous.

"Glacier, where is Origin right now? She was with you when we separated, and the others too. Not dead, I hope. The others, I mean."

His eyes lazily ventured between the two others, but Sanctus felt that he knew better. Snapjaw was sizing him up.

Glacier opened her maw ready to interject his statement, he cut her off before so. She gave a satisfactory smile when he stated that he found a way out. Though, when he asked about Origin and the others Glacier stated;
“Their back where we started, come I can lead you to them. Their not far.”

She stated, though she was also curious on his findings.
“Did you find anything interesting sir? Like, any more information about this place?”

Snapjaw removed himself from the wall with a hup and approached the two, favouring one leg over the other. Sanctus kept note and let his hand slip from his dagger, planning to bide his time for this veteran, though the smell of fresh blood over this distance made him feel uncomfortable. Was it his? Or was it that of the rebels?

"I found some things here and there of this place's origins, of questionable note, may I add. Old writings, old machines, and old images, each of a bygone era." He looked about, espying images of the ancestors of a mountain dragon and a nature dragon and several more. He frowned as he stopped. "To think that such knowledge was this close to the city without our realising it. Can you imagine the damage, the unrest this might bring to the people if word gets out that such a place exists, Glacier? Non-friend of Glacier? That is why I want to request that no talk of this leaves this place."

"So you are letting me go?" Sanctus brought up, sucking in his gut and holding his breath.

"Now when did I say that?" queried Snapjaw, twirling with his blade swiftly drawn and the fast tip coming down toward his head in a helm-cleaver movement.

[If Glacier does not react in time with quick reflexes, the following results would occur.]

Sanctus sidestepped and slid back just fast enough to prevent his skull from being sliced open, but just barely. His eye and much of his face was forfeit, and blood welled to the surface quickly.

"Grah!" he shouted agonizingly, holding his injury in one hand while his dagger was drawn in the other. Sanctus cheated the death his vision showed, but the cost was dear. "Maggoty old man! Swill of the earth! Glacier, would you follow a man such as he? Would you lead him back to Origin?!"

"Tut tut, young rogue. You would say such things when you meant to kill me or this youthful guard?" asked Snapjaw, looking at the blood on his blade.

Snapjaw removed himself from the wall with a hup and approached the two, favouring one leg over the other. Sanctus kept note and let his hand slip from his dagger, planning to bide his time for this veteran, though the smell of fresh blood over this distance made him feel uncomfortable. Was it his? Or was it that of the rebels?

"I found some things here and there of this place's origins, of questionable note, may I add. Old writings, old machines, and old images, each of a bygone era." He looked about, espying images of the ancestors of a mountain dragon and a nature dragon and several more. He frowned as he stopped. "To think that such knowledge was this close to the city without our realising it. Can you imagine the damage, the unrest this might bring to the people if word gets out that such a place exists, Glacier? Non-friend of Glacier? That is why I want to request that no talk of this leaves this place."

"So you are letting me go?" Sanctus brought up, sucking in his gut and holding his breath.

"Now when did I say that?" queried Snapjaw, twirling with his blade swiftly drawn and the fast tip coming down toward his head in a helm-cleaver movement.

[If Glacier does not react in time with quick reflexes, the following results would occur.]

Sanctus sidestepped and slid back just fast enough to prevent his skull from being sliced open, but just barely. His eye and much of his face was forfeit, and blood welled to the surface quickly.

"Grah!" he shouted agonizingly, holding his injury in one hand while his dagger was drawn in the other. Sanctus cheated the death his vision showed, but the cost was dear. "Maggoty old man! Swill of the earth! Glacier, would you follow a man such as he? Would you lead him back to Origin?!"

"Tut tut, young rogue. You would say such things when you meant to kill me or this youthful guard?" asked Snapjaw, looking at the blood on his blade.

She also sensed something was different about Snapjaw. She walked closer to him, nodding in agreement with Snapjaw about not letting this get out.
Glacier did not expect to see Snapjaw swiftly pull out his blade.
“Wait! No!”

The blade flew towards her as if in slow motion. Will she dodge it? Or get hit?
She closed her eyes, it was a split second decision and dodged. But not without trying to grab the blade. It just missed her fingers, and flew to hit Sanctus.

“Sanctus! We had a truce!”
She yelled. What Sanctus said was true and the blood on him got her thinking. Did he kill everyone?
“What is that blood on you? Is it their blood…”

"Sanctus? Ah, the lawless one has a name," commented Snapjaw, his voice as refined as ever. "You can consider your truce over, Glacier. You are a guard. You shouldn't hang around bad apples." He put out his chest and traced his off hand across the metal plate, smearing off a bit of red. "This blood isn't mine, nor theirs, but many of this one's comrades. Too devoted to their ideals, these rebels and ruffians."

Sanctus' unobscured eye narrowed in response, and his teeth gnashed together in fitful rage.

"Some of those 'rebels and ruffians' had families."

"Funny. So did many in the village who lost their lives in this raid. Exterminating you and your kith would provide more safety for me and mine. Such is war." The old man looked over to Glacier, expression dropped. "Such is war," he repeated, a little quieter this time. "Glacier, dear, do you believe them to be worthy of saving when they will undoubtedly attempt to put a knife in your ribs when you aren't looking? There's no helping this lot with their lies and deceits, but in you I see more purpose, someone who would stick to law and order. Would you help me in eradicating this rat?"

Sanctus backed away into a clear wall, continuing to slide further back to the double doors. He did not know where Glacier's thoughts lied, but he was certainly not going to survive two guards attacking him as wounded as he was. Snapjaw eyed him once for a short while before refocusing on Glacier, eager to hear her answer.

"Sanctus? Ah, the lawless one has a name," commented Snapjaw, his voice as refined as ever. "You can consider your truce over, Glacier. You are a guard. You shouldn't hang around bad apples." He put out his chest and traced his off hand across the metal plate, smearing off a bit of red. "This blood isn't mine, nor theirs, but many of this one's comrades. Too devoted to their ideals, these rebels and ruffians."

Sanctus' unobscured eye narrowed in response, and his teeth gnashed together in fitful rage.

"Some of those 'rebels and ruffians' had families."

"Funny. So did many in the village who lost their lives in this raid. Exterminating you and your kith would provide more safety for me and mine. Such is war." The old man looked over to Glacier, expression dropped. "Such is war," he repeated, a little quieter this time. "Glacier, dear, do you believe them to be worthy of saving when they will undoubtedly attempt to put a knife in your ribs when you aren't looking? There's no helping this lot with their lies and deceits, but in you I see more purpose, someone who would stick to law and order. Would you help me in eradicating this rat?"

Sanctus backed away into a clear wall, continuing to slide further back to the double doors. He did not know where Glacier's thoughts lied, but he was certainly not going to survive two guards attacking him as wounded as he was. Snapjaw eyed him once for a short while before refocusing on Glacier, eager to hear her answer.

“Snapjaw..this is wrong. We should’ve taken them in, let the law decide their fate. Not play judge, jury, and the executioner!”
She clenched her fist, ready to scream out. She was a soldier, good soldiers followed orders..but, Sanctus what if he was wrong about how he acted during the raid..

She diverted her eyes to Sanctus who was too terrified to do anything. She sighed. “Sanctus, I’m sorry. We’ll have to take you in. We’re not going to hurt you.”
She glared at Snapjaw.

“But if you do run, we will have to chase.”

She started stepping closer to Sanctus. Slowly, no sudden movements were made towards him to spook. She held out her claw hoping for him to go quietly.

Sanctus weighed his options as his heart sank low. He had hoped that even after their extremely brief history with each other Glacier would help him defeat this wolf in sheep's clothing, but such things were for fairy tales. Shuddering in pain, he watched as she approached and, in the end, submitted. His knife clattered to the floor as he relinquished his grip on it.

"You're making a mistake. You're making a grave mistake," he whispered through the anguish. "Don't let your guard down around him."

"I can hear you quite well, you know," interjected Snapjaw, the old man grinning with a tilt of his head as he approached. Sanctus started. "Upon my honour, I will not dispatch you, for Glacier's sake here, except in . . . dire circumstances. You will come with us as we meet Origin, hmm?"

Sanctus gave a sneering scowl, not trusting a word that the old one was saying. His head formulated a number of possibilities, machinations of escape or turning the tables, but the blood loss was distracting.

"Lead the way, then," Sanctus voiced to Glacier in the end, "back to the shaft."

Sanctus weighed his options as his heart sank low. He had hoped that even after their extremely brief history with each other Glacier would help him defeat this wolf in sheep's clothing, but such things were for fairy tales. Shuddering in pain, he watched as she approached and, in the end, submitted. His knife clattered to the floor as he relinquished his grip on it.

"You're making a mistake. You're making a grave mistake," he whispered through the anguish. "Don't let your guard down around him."

"I can hear you quite well, you know," interjected Snapjaw, the old man grinning with a tilt of his head as he approached. Sanctus started. "Upon my honour, I will not dispatch you, for Glacier's sake here, except in . . . dire circumstances. You will come with us as we meet Origin, hmm?"

Sanctus gave a sneering scowl, not trusting a word that the old one was saying. His head formulated a number of possibilities, machinations of escape or turning the tables, but the blood loss was distracting.

"Lead the way, then," Sanctus voiced to Glacier in the end, "back to the shaft."

She couldn’t show her weaknesses to Sanctus, or say anything to Snapjaw. She was still furious with him. Glacier saluted Snapjaw and motioned Sanctus to move back the way they came. She didn’t dare speak to either one of them. Before they left she picked up Sanctus’s dagger taking a quick glance before pocketing it.

They all walked, retracing their steps. She saw the mountain dragon picture as they passed. She glanced at the picture of the dragon that looked similar to Origin. Wonder swirled, mixing with her worry. What did Orgin do? She must be so scared…

Continuing to march forward with their captor they reached the lobby once again. The elevator shaft was right before them..

Here they were again, the entry to the exhibits. Along the way Sanctus gazed at each of the glass prisons' many pictures in an effort to drive off and forget the pain, but the raking of his damaged eye made it hard to see. The lobby did not seem to replay the message by their presence, which was relieving. He did not have to see that fleshy creature again, or hear his prattling, though perhaps the situation would have been good there too. The old man would have been diatracted by that, but Glacier would likely kill him if he tried to attack Snapjaw. She had reflexes and strength on her side.

"This is where you came out of?" marvelled Snapjaw, looking at the antiquity of the elevator door that very much seemed pried open. He did not have his back turned, instead looking at it from the side as if expecting an attack from the hole or from Sanctus. "How did you get up? By climbing?"

"Yeah, by climbing. Origin below could not climb easy, so we made the trek ourselves," explained Sanctus, searching for another idea. "Scout the area a bit."

"And the others?" asked the older dragon, turning his head from the gloom to see the others. "You haven't mentioned them."

Sanctus looked over to Glacier, hoping she could respond to that in a good manner.

Here they were again, the entry to the exhibits. Along the way Sanctus gazed at each of the glass prisons' many pictures in an effort to drive off and forget the pain, but the raking of his damaged eye made it hard to see. The lobby did not seem to replay the message by their presence, which was relieving. He did not have to see that fleshy creature again, or hear his prattling, though perhaps the situation would have been good there too. The old man would have been diatracted by that, but Glacier would likely kill him if he tried to attack Snapjaw. She had reflexes and strength on her side.

"This is where you came out of?" marvelled Snapjaw, looking at the antiquity of the elevator door that very much seemed pried open. He did not have his back turned, instead looking at it from the side as if expecting an attack from the hole or from Sanctus. "How did you get up? By climbing?"

"Yeah, by climbing. Origin below could not climb easy, so we made the trek ourselves," explained Sanctus, searching for another idea. "Scout the area a bit."

"And the others?" asked the older dragon, turning his head from the gloom to see the others. "You haven't mentioned them."

Sanctus looked over to Glacier, hoping she could respond to that in a good manner.

“Everyone is safe, their down a few floors to reach them.”

Glacier watched Snapjaw’s movement. She has Sanctus’s dagger though was hesitant for attacking a fellow guard. What would she do without purpose?
The guard was the only thing she had..

“Sanctus needs medical help. Origin can work her magic on him, you know, before turning him in. If you leave him in my care I can make sure he gets the help he needs.”
She asked, almost pleading.
She glanced down the shaft, then to Sanctus.
Motioning for him to go.

At the desired floor Glacier followed Sanctus. Looking around unknowing to what she would find…

The old man seemed pensive and uncertain about allowing Sanctus to go down the shaft. Nevertheless, he allowed it all the same, stepping away from the shaft, turning around, and prompting him to continue with a motion of his hand.

"You may do so. I will wait up here while everybody comes up." He eyed Sanctus coolly. "Make sure he comes back after he is in a better state. There are worse things here than what has been done to his eye."

Sanctus bit back a quip as he looked toward the shaft. His hand removed from the gashed area, covered in blood. That would be dangerous and slippery for anyone who came down -- or up -- after him, and there was no water to wash the blood from his hand, so he wiped it free on his jerkin as best as he could before migrating downward.

Down, down, down -- a short way down, and a long way up in terms of effort. He could hear the sounds of the others as he descended, seemingly getting along well enough in the cramped environment. A few gasped when they had seen him step through the opening, though whether it was surprise of his sudden appearance or of the wound he was uncertain.

"What happened?" asked the doctor, jumping to his feet from his slouched position against a wall and approaching to inspect the gravity of the injury.

Origin did the same as soon as she recognised what had happened, though she paused when she saw Glacier come through as well. Relief swam through her veins when she saw that, other than her tail, she was uninjured. After a brief smile of contentment, she came over to check on Sanctus' wound as well, starting a process of questions and answers.

"What happened up there?" asked Merrimac directly to Glacier, spectating his comrade between the two healers with a frown. "That's a sword slash if I ever saw one. Can't heal an organ like an eye full."

Glacier smiled at Origin the relief that she and the others were still alive was washing over her, she thought the rebels were dead..
Merrimac’s question made her look back at Sanctus watching as Origin tried to work her magic.
“I didn’t do it,”

She stated coldly.

“I was actually trying to protect him!”
She claimed. If Merrimac got in her face to start in argument she would glare right into his eyes.
“I.did not. harm him. Quite the opposite, I tried to protect him….from…”
She paused, if she told what has happen would that betray their trust?
If so a blood bath would be on their hands. She didn’t want Origin to see that..

“Look, something attacked us while we scouted.”

Merrimac gazed at Glacier sternly, turned his head sharply, and nodded.

"Never said you did it, but never could be too sure. I'll take your word for it. He ain't squeaking about a who but a what as well." He motioned toward Sanctus, whose comments mirrored what was said by Glacier. For once Sanctus seemed to be in concord with her. "The metal folk behind that wall are dangerous, and worse in company. If it's the same up there as down here, I ain't gonna beat about the bush: things are rough."

The gathering of people around Sanctus and the two healers parted to allow for the three to move to a different spot, Origin navigating Sanctus to a seating position. Rheyn the doctor bent down, drawing circular, jaunty glyphs on the ground with a green crystal procured from somewhere whose inner light trailed along surfaces. Merrimac didn't know what these symbols were besides magic, but Rheyn seemed learned. He was a trusty asset whose healing saved many lives. Maybe it can save Sanctus' eye. He doubted that.

Sanctus observed curiously as Origin did the same, pulling out a similar red crystal from a space in her rock carapace to test it from afar. Originmaw was far from masterful when it came to copying glyphs, but she mimicked the circular ones the doctor made until the outlines around Sanctus formed a double ring with him at the centre.

"Stand still, young sir," Rheyn spoke commandingly. "Healing takes a few minutes with two people, but it's faster than one." He turned to Origin, his expression outwardly calm. "Have you done the rite of healing before?"

"Twice with my parents for minor scrapes seven years ago," Origin confessed, a sheepish expression on her face. "I remember it faintly, but I am better with enhancing poultices and a more natural healing. The body takes that more familiarly."

"True, but time is of the essence here. Follow my lead."

The sigils bloomed on the ground, emitting green and red magicks that gathered around the hands of the two healers. A rite to heal Sanctus had begun.

While that occurred, Astrid and Chiron moved over to Glacier and Merrimac, both calmer than previously after spending time with the rebels. Chiron spoke first: "Are you all right, Glacier? We all were worried for you."

Last edited:
Merrimac gazed at Glacier sternly, turned his head sharply, and nodded.

"Never said you did it, but never could be too sure. I'll take your word for it. He ain't squeaking about a who but a what as well." He motioned toward Sanctus, whose comments mirrored what was said by Glacier. For once Sanctus seemed to be in concord with her. "The metal folk behind that wall are dangerous, and worse in company. If it's the same up there as down here, I ain't gonna beat about the bush: things are rough."

The gathering of people around Sanctus and the two healers parted to allow for the three to move to a different spot, Origin navigating Sanctus to a seating position. Rheyn the doctor bent down, drawing circular, jaunty glyphs on the ground with a green crystal procured from somewhere whose inner light trailed along surfaces. Merrimac didn't know what these symbols were besides magic, but Rheyn seemed learned. He was a trusty asset whose healing saved many lives. Maybe it can save Sanctus' eye. He doubted that.

Sanctus observed curiously as Origin did the same, pulling out a similar red crystal from a space in her rock carapace to test it from afar. Originmaw was far from masterful when it came to copying glyphs, but she mimicked the circular ones the doctor made until the outlines around Sanctus formed a double ring with him at the centre.

"Stand still, young sir," Rheyn spoke commandingly. "Healing takes a few minutes with two people, but it's faster than one." He turned to Origin, his expression outwardly calm. "Have you done the rite of healing before?"

"Twice with my parents for minor scrapes seven years ago," Origin confessed, a sheepish expression on her face. "I remember it faintly, but I am better with enhancing poultices and a more natural healing. The body takes that more familiarly."

"True, but time is of the essence here. Follow my lead."

The sigils bloomed on the ground, emitting green and red magicks that gathered around the hands of the two healers. A rite to heal Sanctus had begun.

While that occurred, Astrid and Chiron moved over to Glacier and Merrimac, both calmer than previously after spending time with the rebels. Chiron spoke first: "Are you all right, Glacier? We all were worried for you."

Glacier glanced beside Merrimac watching the healing process.
“Really, You’re actually trusting a guard?” She asked curiously with a eyebrow raised.

The magic gathering around Sanctus was giving Glacier wonder. She’s never seen magic first hand like that. Only special dragons were taught.
Once the two other guards approached Glacier gave a sheepish smile.
“Well, I’m fine. We also found Snapjaw…”
She said his name much quieter than the rest of her sentence.
“Anyways, the coast is clear for the most part the old man cleared the path.
He also found a way out.”

She still seemed different her eyes trailed to Sanctus. Was she actually feeling empathy for the enemy?

“Snapjaw is waiting for us above.”

Merrimac grinned widely at Glacier's comment.

"Don't discount the fact that me mind can change at any moment, and trust is such a strong word. However, you did right by me young friend. We may not be on the greatest of terms, but I don't wish him too much harm. He sure loved to laud me strengths and injuries, though. Some strange fella, he is."

Snapjaw was mentioned, and Merrimac knew that name. Old Snapjaw was a veteran of his craft of protecting folk, though he had no great love for bandits. He did not quite connect him with the possibility that he attacked Sanctus upstairs, however, and merely kept vigil on Sanctus' progress.

Chiron and Astrid seemed to be relieved by the mention of Snapjaw's name, the female dragon sighing and the male relaxing his shoulders. Each had high respect for the old guard, which Glacier might know.

"I'm glad the old fogey is doing well for himself. We would probably have had to wait for him or go off alone, if so."

On the other end, Sanctus was starting to be on the mend, his wounds healing from the ends of the gash first and coming in closer. Origin seemed to be mending his flesh, while the doctor concentrated on the intricacies of the eye. The smashed state was grisly at first, but the weaving of the multiple parts could be considered a beautiful sight to some. The eye would be almost fully repaired by the time Origin had completed the process of reuniting Sanctus' flesh and scales. It had exhausted her, but she seemed to have done it. Perhaps she could mend Glacier's and the young dragon guard Shine's wounds, given a bit of time to recuperate.

Sanctus breathed out and, looking at the others, realised that his eye could not see as he tried to see out of it, no matter how much he tried to blink. Rheyn stopped him with a hand on the younger dragon's chest.

"Some magics cannot fully heal, and like most things this takes time. You may recover your sight within a year of three, but it may also never happen. Talk with this youth here. She may know more than I do."

Originmaw looked startled, then away, abashed. She could probably do it, but that might require a fair amount of raw materials, and she wanted to go off into the world too, so she could not prepare it all the time. All medicines have an expiration, besides maybe honey.

"I will see what I can do," she responded. "Um, one moment, please."

She rose and approached Glacier and the group, awaiting her turn to speak. Merrimac gave her a smile, but his eyes were frowning in uncertainty of wanting to talk, and so he left that small circle. It gave his skin an itch thinking about how uncomfortable the situation was.

Glacier gave a small smile back to Merrimac. He was actually trying to congratulate her? Her ears couldn’t believe it either. Before breaking off to the others the two shook claws.
“As for Snapjaw, I’m also glad he’s alive. I do t know what Longtail would do if he didn’t make it.”

She spectated the healing process that was being produced on Sanctus.
She couldn’t believe she felt sympathy, though if she told Snapjaw after what had happened, she might’ve been hurt too.
Her mind focused on the fimiliar face of Origin. Glacier’s tail flicked.
Hopefully it was some good news she wanted to share.
“How’s he doing? Is he gonna make it..?”

"He's well and going to continue to be well!" spoke Origin happily through the tiredness. She seemed a bit unsteady and her head felt like it was full of wool. Healing took a bit out of her. "He had a bit of blood loss, but in time that will replenish. If not for the doctor here, he may not have been so. My potions and poultices are only good for so much, and my garden is so far and in such shambles."

A brief flicker of a frown occurred due to the subject, but she was quick to come back to the now.

"But what of you? Are you hurt? Is the way clear to get out of here when everyone's ready? What did you see?" She paused and shook her head. "Sorry for bombarding you with questions when you just got back. I'm sure many people here did the same."

"We asked a few questions, but nothing too much," Astrid responded, giving a tight smile toward Origin, then Glacier. "She found Snapjaw up there."

"Oh, good," Origin said in relief. "So we all are accounted for."

"He's well and going to continue to be well!" spoke Origin happily through the tiredness. She seemed a bit unsteady and her head felt like it was full of wool. Healing took a bit out of her. "He had a bit of blood loss, but in time that will replenish. If not for the doctor here, he may not have been so. My potions and poultices are only good for so much, and my garden is so far and in such shambles."

A brief flicker of a frown occurred due to the subject, but she was quick to come back to the now.

"But what of you? Are you hurt? Is the way clear to get out of here when everyone's ready? What did you see?" She paused and shook her head. "Sorry for bombarding you with questions when you just got back. I'm sure many people here did the same."

"We asked a few questions, but nothing too much," Astrid responded, giving a tight smile toward Origin, then Glacier. "She found Snapjaw up there."

"Oh, good," Origin said in relief. "So we all are accounted for."

“Well their was interesting stuff to see up above. Including…”
She paused, mostly to think. What if she told Origin, how will she respond..?
“Uh, yeah, mostly about us and the dragons of this world. Including your kind.”
She explained.

When she was about to explain more however, a loud screeching came from the door they came from, the one with the things behind it. Once it screeched it wouldn’t stop. The door was giving in opening a small gap where the faces of the automatons could be seen poking through.
“Y-y-you are in vio-violation of section C-179A. Prosecutors will be s-s-s-hot…”
One automaton spoke with its glitchy tone.

“Everyone! Up the elevator shaft! Now! We’ll hold them off…”
She checked and found Sanctus’s daggers, sliding them over to him.
“We need all the help we can get..”
She stated.

Origin looked at Glacier with an expression most uncertain, head tilted ever so slightly, as she did not understand anything that was conveyed. She listened carefully, but, before she could say anything that could follow up, terror had struck. Those strange metal creatures were not only attempting to gain access to the room, but succeeding. Fear lumped up within her throat as she backed up subconsciously, wondering what they were to do. Even with everyone here, she knew how difficult it was to destroy just one of them.

"Perhaps they're sensitive to heat?" voiced the doctor, also backing up as others, chiefly those seemingly not very physically able, started to make their way to the elevator shaft per Glacier's request. That was the safer option between metal death machines and a short climb. "A firebreather or three might be able to keep them at bay until the others are prepared. I'm a firebreather myself."

"I'm no help there," Astrid responded. "Nor I," gave Chiron. "I can breathe fire," someone in the rebels piped up, leaving his place near the elevator shaft reluctantly at first but bravely thereafter.

"No poisonspitters in our group, which is unfortunate," Rheyn mused aloud, stepping away from an automaton that seemed just a little too close for comfort. "Their flammable gels would be very helpful to make hot flames hotter. Opinions, anyone?"

Not many were left in the end. Sanctus snatched the knives that Glacier slid to him and held them up off-kilter, thrown off by lack of depth perception. Chiron stayed around, as did Astrid who held aloft a crate of somewhat dense materials, hoping to slam it upon any automaton who overextended.

Origin looked at Glacier with an expression most uncertain, head tilted ever so slightly, as she did not understand anything that was conveyed. She listened carefully, but, before she could say anything that could follow up, terror had struck. Those strange metal creatures were not only attempting to gain access to the room, but succeeding. Fear lumped up within her throat as she backed up subconsciously, wondering what they were to do. Even with everyone here, she knew how difficult it was to destroy just one of them.

"Perhaps they're sensitive to heat?" voiced the doctor, also backing up as others, chiefly those seemingly not very physically able, started to make their way to the elevator shaft per Glacier's request. That was the safer option between metal death machines and a short climb. "A firebreather or three might be able to keep them at bay until the others are prepared. I'm a firebreather myself."

"I'm no help there," Astrid responded. "Nor I," gave Chiron. "I can breathe fire," someone in the rebels piped up, leaving his place near the elevator shaft reluctantly at first but bravely thereafter.

"No poisonspitters in our group, which is unfortunate," Rheyn mused aloud, stepping away from an automaton that seemed just a little too close for comfort. "Their flammable gels would be very helpful to make hot flames hotter. Opinions, anyone?"

Not many were left in the end. Sanctus snatched the knives that Glacier slid to him and held them up off-kilter, thrown off by lack of depth perception. Chiron stayed around, as did Astrid who held aloft a crate of somewhat dense materials, hoping to slam it upon any automaton who overextended.

Glacier actually never thought about that. What if they were weak to fire. It would make defeating these things a lot easier.

“Go for it, if we can soften them up the less of them the better..”

She stepped aside for the firebreathers to take up the first defense.
Unleashing their deadly flames did help. The metal creatures started to burn and spark, unrelenting however even while on fire. Their paint started melting from the intense heat. Some toppled over with a crash, they seemed more terrifying to Glacier. They still spoke about how they broke the law in their glitchy low voices.

Some did manage to squeeze through, even on fire. Glacier readied an attack using her claws to swipe at the thing. Giving it many scratch marks and forcing it back. She used her tail as a whip to knock it over.
Soon though, those who were left engaged the group swinging their swords wildly. While doing acrobatics to dodge, weave, and attack.

The plan worked better than the doctor expected, raising an eyebrow when the fiery glands within his throat expelled all that he had. The other firebreather seemed like he exhausted his supply as well. Rheyn slipped to the back lines in favour of going up with the stragglers, right behind Origin, who looked behind in both worry and hope.

Astrid clobbered one that threatened to stand after slipping through with her crate, the weight at the very least stalling the squirming thing beneath it. Chiron was outmatched in weaponry, but evenly matched with speed, similar to Sanctus with the exception of two knives. The two kept their wits about them, but Sanctus was being pushed back hard until he turned the wall into his advantage. Sanctus kicked off the wall and surged into his opponent, knocking both to the ground.

Merrimac grimaced as he hammered his club onto the head encasement of an enemy that greatly suffered from the flames. Plastic and steel caved and struck circuitry, and it collapsed in a mutilated husk of material. He attempted this as best as he could with whatever others he could before looking over to the elevator shaft.

That was a mistake. He received a wound from an errant machine that cut to the ribs through his armour, and he scowled as he stove its flame-scarred body in with all of his strength, forcing it back to the entryway where more attempted to scramble through.

"The hole is clear! Make your way back. I'll be behind you," he called out to the others, earning a look from Sanctus. "Sanctus first," he stated with a lopsided grin.

"Sanctus last," said the other rogue with a snarl. "Glacier, you go ahead, and your guard friends. Everyone'll need you for what is already up there."

Merrimac huffed, bracing for the onslaught as he allowed the others to go ahead before him. Astrid and Chiron looked at each other before facing Glacier, wanting her to go first.

The onslaught of machines were too much for the dragons. Swords stabbed into many rebels, slicing them open before turning to their next victim.
Glacier grabbed the things sword aiming for the neck cutting circuit’s with two cuts.
She panted giving a hearty cry as she swung the sword downwards cutting into the thing from its shoulder to its chest.

Glancing back, she saw their losses and more were coming through.
“Retreat! Everyone go, I’ll go last.”

More machines continued their attack. Aiming for the wounded Merrimac.
A sword slid into Merrimac’s chest. Pushing it further in to cause more damage. All in view of Sanctus…

What started as a strong winning advantage turned very much for the worst. A hail of strikes and bodies came forth, and more was on the way. Merrimac didn't see himself living through this one. These machines were crazy, or at least they would be if they were of flesh and blood. He was driven through, and the weapon was pushed deeper still, letting out his lifeblood through his wounds. He could only let out one more useless swing of his cudgel before he would eventually succumb to the onslaught of automatons, but not before he expelled a "RUN!" from his punctured lungs.

Sanctus watched in horror and sadness, feeling the bile raise to his throat as his body rejected the concept of Merry's imminent death as he struggled with his captors. His legs stiffened, then freed themselves from paralysis. He would follow Merrimac's final word and rush to the elevator, climbing the metal rope with all the vigor left in him, but not without tears.

Chiron and Astrid were above. Origin was long since up the shaft, her idea of how to climb bearing fruit. All that was left in the end was the brave Glacier.

What started as a strong winning advantage turned very much for the worst. A hail of strikes and bodies came forth, and more was on the way. Merrimac didn't see himself living through this one. These machines were crazy, or at least they would be if they were of flesh and blood. He was driven through, and the weapon was pushed deeper still, letting out his lifeblood through his wounds. He could only let out one more useless swing of his cudgel before he would eventually succumb to the onslaught of automatons, but not before he expelled a "RUN!" from his punctured lungs.

Sanctus watched in horror and sadness, feeling the bile raise to his throat as his body rejected the concept of Merry's imminent death as he struggled with his captors. His legs stiffened, then freed themselves from paralysis. He would follow Merrimac's final word and rush to the elevator, climbing the metal rope with all the vigor left in him, but not without tears.

Chiron and Astrid were above. Origin was long since up the shaft, her idea of how to climb bearing fruit. All that was left in the end was the brave Glacier.

Glacier heeded Merrimac’s final request. Watching as he was overrun, the automatons watched Merrimac’s lifeless body fall. Turning their attention to Glacier now.
She rushed to the elevator taking the cable in her claws and shuffled upwards. She could clearly hear the automatons whirring down below they also started to climb. Glacier delivering a kick to one, sending them back down.

Chiron and Astrid helped Glacier up onto the floor. She helped them push shut the doors.
Everyone was trying their best to catch their breath, she looked for Origin, but instead found Sanctus…the aftermath of him at least, Merrimac’s death must’ve hit him hard.

Sanctus took a glance up, feeling eyes upon him, and gave Glacier a flicker of a smile that was meant to inspire confidence that he was all right, but the expression fell so immediately that it was entirely shallow. Streaks where tears had fallen remained on his face and down his muzzle.

"He's gone," he muttered, looking up at her. "I joked about him getting close to biting the dust, wanting to get a reaction from him, but the fool gone and did it now. Those things took him far before I wanted anything like that to happen. I don't know if me or Origin is taking it worse, to be honest."

Looking around, one can find Origin in a corner of the room, expression sullen. Snapjaw seemed to keep his distance from everyone, weighing them and feeling contented that none of his guards had come even close to dying since the wind tunnel trap. Perhaps part of the contentment was, for future reference, that whatever old but still legible posters were in the other rooms were ripped down and facing the floor, never to greet another passer-by again unless something was done about it. Others thought of the grim fates of their fellow dragons, with the exceptions, including Astrid, looking around the area. Now that the monsters had been closed off, things might be better for now until they start to move again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back