• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Kio.exe Kio.exe camlochan camlochan

Atella listened to Selena talk about how Rebecca was going to teach her how to use magic, before showing off her fire and light, which was apparently part of her and thus didn't count? Atella didn't quite know how that worked, but she accepted it as a valid explanation either way, innate magic was weird like that. She opened her mouth to respond, when someone else suddenly burst into the room, then accusingly pointed a finger at Atella, demanding to know who she was and commenting on how he couldn't see her? Atella didn't quite understand his comment, but she held her book extra close just in case something weird was gonna happen.

In any case, the person - Sam, appaently - seemed to be serving a deity - Erebus - and acted as though he was familiar with Alex. Did they know eachother from elsewhere? Atella figured she'd find out of her own eventually. "U-uhm. My name's Atella. I... left for the library when most people arrived, so you probably didn't notice me..." She said softly, frowning at having to introduce herself for the fourth time in a single day. "I don't like crowds, so I left early."

The lich gave a toothy, rotten grin that probably looked a lot more disturbing than it was meant to. "Fire and light powers? Okay, I'm not the best at that magic, but it gives us a place to start. It's always easier to use magic related to what you can already do."

When the conversation turned to Atella's book, Rebecca was more than a little surprised. "It... talks to you? It's sentient? Does- does that book have a soul in it?" She was always interested in any object that contained a soul, considering that she had trapped her own.

Maluon was laying on his bed when he realized it was dinner time. He got up from bed, took off his helmet, and fixed his hair. His hair was somewhat long and black, with a silver streak on the left side. he combed it out and made sure it looked good.

He then made sure the chestplate he was wearing was clean. He then ran down the stairs and down the hall, just to whack his head quite hard on the top of the dining room door frame. "Damn it!" He shouted loudly as he bent slightly backwards with his hand over his forehead. He just knew it would leave a mark. He continued to stand there as he waited for the pain to dull down. This wasn't the first he hit his head like this, and unfortunately it's not likely to be the last. His face reddened slightly with embarrassment.

Last edited:
Shagranoz Shagranoz

By now, Atella was beginning to feel like all attention was aimed at her now, with both Rebecca and Selena asking her stuff and Sam almost seeming to accuse her of something that she didn't really understand. All this made her a little bit uncomfortable, but she still felt like she should at least answer the questions she was asked.

"It talks, yes... I think calling it sentient is the right word, but the Grimoire knows better than I do." She said in response to Rebecca's question. "Maybe she'll explain it if you ask... or maybe she'll just stay silent. The Grimoire is the one who advised me to follow the invitation, among other things. But even though the Grimoire has accompanied me for most of my life, I still don't know a lot about it..." She added, glancing towards the door at the sound of Maluon's shout, keeping in a small giggle as she realized he had hit his head on the door frame.

Sam-

Sam sighed, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms. They were all obviously daft. He pulled up the arms of his sleeves, exposing the purple eyes that covered his arms. “These allow me to see anything, and anyone,” Sam said, with a glare at Atella. “Unless their wards are really good. I assume that’s the Grimoire’s doing, yes?” He asked her, raising his eyebrows. “I’d like to speak with her, if she’d allow me to.”

He threw a lazy grin Selena’s way. “Hello, Selena darling,” he said, winking. “I hope you all know there’s a demon in the barn, so expect a dinner guest,” Sam told everyone, frowning down at his arm, one of the eyes now showing what was unfolding there. “Nasty brutes, them demons. This one doesn’t seem too bad,” he grumbled. “But they’re dangerous. Not always their fault—they don’t know any better, but still,” he finished, shuddering.

Interactions: Kio.exe Kio.exe Fairyfloss Fairyfloss

Maluon finally got his composure together and came into the room, this time ducking to get in. He found an empty seat whilst responding to Sam's comment regarding demons.

"They can't be any worse than being carried by your mother as a child whilst she runs away from weapon-wielding humans." Maluon thought about how his parents had been married for centuries and most of that was spent trying not to be murdered. He also thought about how much joy having a kid likely brought them and how they had to give him up just twelve years later. This was something he thought anout every once in a while, and it bothered him deeply. Despite this, he did not show it around others.

camlochan camlochan

The continued glaring - and the eyes covering Sam's arms - continued to make Atella feel rather uncomfortable. She wasn't aware of any scrying magic having been used, but she also wasn't the one responsible for dealing with that kind of stuff. The Grimoire had set up wards, that was true, but Atella had never been told what kind of wards they were, just 'protective ones', as the Grimoire had put it.

In any case, the request to speak the the Grimoire caused Atella to squirm. It had been years since anyone had asked to do so, and Atella couldn't even remember who exactly it was, just that Atella was still small and that the person was someone they trusted.

This was a very different situation, and it made Atella hesitate to even ask the Grimoire if that would be okay. For some time, she remained silent, turning the book to look at it's front silently for some time, before sighing as she used her connection to the Grimoire to ask the question, and in return she got an answer she wasn't quite expecting.

"Uhm... She said yes.... In the Library, after dinner." Atella said quietly, clutching the book close to her chest once more.

-Cam-

A talking book? It was nonsense. Then again, talking shadows also seemed pretty outlandish, Cam thought to himself. Gods, he was hungry. When would everyone get there? He shifted uncomfortably in the too small chair, watching, but not contributing to the scene playing out before him. This Sam fellow was...odd, to say the least. Cam did find the boy’s connection to Erebus interesting, however. What was the God of Shadows doing with a human boy?

Cam peered sidelong at Selena, who sat besides him. She scared him. Not her, necessarily. Cam snorted at the idea. She couldn’t hurt a fly. It was the idea of her, and the memories that she stirred that scared him. Did the girl know she was Illyrian? At first, the smell of her human side, as well as the smell of cracklings embers that seemed to follow her around. But now that his nose had adjusted to the new smells, he could smell it. The scent of the mountains, of exhilarating freedom that all of his kind carried with him.

He turned his head to fully face her. “Who are your parents, girl?” he asked.

-Selena-

Selena could feel Cameron looking at her, and turned to face him just as he spoke, asking about her parents. Her face heated, and she looked down. “I—uh...well I don’t know them. They gave me to a human magician when I was born, and I’ve lived with him ever since. Until recently, that is. He told me that my mom was a phoenix—however that would work—and my father was a human,” she told him, shrugging.

She turned to Sam. “How did you get the gifts you did? Being able to see everything and such?” She asked him, peering at the purple eyes that covered his arms. How unfair it was that everyone had such interesting powers, and hers were just...boring.

Within her room, Lumia had closed the windows, and drew the curtains over them all, quite thankful that the curtains were thick enough to block the light almost entirely, leaving the room rather dim as she paced around. Granted, this did lead to her occasionally bumping into the bed or the like, but a necessary price to pay for now, until she knew the room off of instinct. For now, Lumia felt... sort of guilty, honestly. Here she was, griping about her own experiences with her abilities, and that winged guy had been... chained up, corrupted into his... what right did she have to complain about being shunned out of towns? Her own powers had simply come naturally, and her issues a result of them... but his abilities were gained through hardship, and had only brought him more hardship, if he had ended up here. And so was her thought process for a good few minutes, mostly just pacing around and beating herself up for not having thought of that before... granted, it didn't
give him the right to spy on her, but it was still more than she had to go through for her abilities.

--

Eventually, though, she had had enough of that particular line of thought, and she sighed softly, exiting her room, and walking down into the dining room... and blinked. Well, thankfully, food was already prepared, but there were a lot of people here. Girl with the book was there, so was Selena, and the Cam (which brought back it's own line of negative thoughts, and she winced), as well as a few people she didn't quite recognize. For now, though, she took the open seat on the other side of Atella, as well as quietly taking some food for herself, some chicken, some salad, and settling in to eat, staring at her plate rather than participating in the greetings that seemed to be going on at the moment. Why did Cam care about Selena's parents..? Was it related to- no, stop that, no thinking about that right now. Just eat. Shaking her head briefly, Lumia's movement was almost mechanical as she went through the motions to eating. ...she was thirsty.

Interactions: Uh, a few people. Basically, people in the dining room.

Rebecca nodded at the idea of talking with the book, which was an odd idea to say the least. "Mind if I join you two? I have some questions for it myself." She then glanced at Selena. "A half-phoenix? I see. That would explain the fire and light powers. Would you happen to be another immortal?"

The lich took a sip of water, and winced with embarrassment as it dribbled out of a hole in her rotting neck. "Um... that wasn't there yesterday."

Sam-

Sam grinned at Selena. “I’m glad you asked, Selena darling,” he said, leaning back in his chair. “My gifts were given to me by the God Erebus, for my devotion to him,” he told her, making a snake out of purple smoke that he sent wriggling towards her, only to have it dissipate before it reached her. He jerked his chin at Cam. “This brute here—no offense meant of course, just a term—also has a connection with my lord, it seems,” Sam announced, inspecting the shadows that writhed over the male’s skin. “Would they allow me to converse with them?” He asked Cam, excited with his prospects of getting to communicate with not one, but two, magical items/beings today.

He nodded to Atella. “After I speak with the Grimoire, of course,” he told the girl, winking. Sighing, he took a bite of his food, as a new girl walked in. Lumia, her name was. “Ah, I’m so glad you could join us, Lumia dear,” he said, grinning. Oh, this was such fun!

Addressing the whole group, he said: “I do wonder when that demon intends to join us, and it seems there is a centaur with him. Will she be a guest as well?” Sam took a bite of the food, and smiled. “It’s quite delicious, Alex, old sport.”

Interactions: Kio.exe Kio.exe Shagranoz Shagranoz IamaKittyKat IamaKittyKat Zyngard Zyngard (well everyone, really)

camlochan camlochan Shagranoz Shagranoz Zyngard Zyngard

Atella gave the lich a small nod when she asked if she could ask the Grimoire some questions, too. The Grimoire had told her that she'd let people ask questions in the library after dinner, so that didn't just mean Sam. "Sure, she said that would be okay..." Atella said quietly, shying away a little bit as she watched water leak out of the lich's neck, causing a bit of concern. Hopefully she wouldn't leak water onto the Grimoire, Atella thought, that would be a bit of an isssue.

Sam, meanwhile, continued to talk mostly to and about the others, only giving Atella a nod and a wink, before acknowledging the arrival of a new girl - Lumia.

It didn't take too much longer for Atella to finish her meal, but she stuck around for a bit either way, giving Lumia a small wave as she took a seat next to her. "Hello." She said softly. "You okay? You're eating a little weird."

Maluon listened more than he spoke. In fact he wasn't saying much at all. His head still hurt, and further more he was feeling a little down. He didn't outwardly show it, but Maluon had been feeling down for a long time considering his sruggle with accepting himself as he is rather than what society thinks he should be.

Maluon finished eating and took his dishes to the dishwasher. After loading his dishes in the dishwasher, Maluon simply stood there staring blankly out the kitchen window, as he thought about what it would be like to be accepted in the outside world.

Interactions: camlochan camlochan Windjammer Windjammer Zyngard Zyngard Shagranoz Shagranoz

-Selena-

Selena listened to Sam’s story with interest, and then turned to Rebecca. “Another immortal? What do you mean?” She asked, confused. She couldn’t have three parents, could she? And a demon! How exciting! How she hoped he’d come inside soon. She’d never met a demon before! Too hungry to wait any longer, Selena began to eat. It was delicious, and she told Alex so. The boy had been quiet throughout the meal, not seeming to want to talk with anyone. Turning back to Rebecca, she waited for her response.

Noticing Maluon leave, Selena frowned. She’d go see him after Rebecca answered her question.

-Cam-

Cam shrugged at Sam’s question. “You’d have to learn to speak their language first, boy. And then it’s up to them if they’d deign to speak with you,” he told him, sending one of his shadows to him. Seeing the others begin to eat, he did so as well, surprised at the flavors.

Cam almost choked when he heard Rebecca asked Selena if she were any other immortal. Did she know that Selena was Illyrian, not a Phoenix? He shot the woman a questioning look, daring her to say something. Cam certainly wouldn’t.

Interactions: Fairyfloss Fairyfloss camlochan camlochan

Lumia seemed quite startled by Sam knowing her name, and stared a bit suspiciously for a few moments, before simply giving him a small smile and a nod. Probably just heard it from someone else or something like that, nothing more to it. Demon? Centaur? There was a centaur around?

Lumia tilted her head slightly, glancing towards Atella, and giving her a similar smile to that she gave Sam. "Y-yeah, I'm fine, thank you for asking. Just... don't really have an appetite, but know I have to eat, so... eating. Uhm, how are you doing?" She asked, a little awkwardly, glancing over to Selena and Cam.

All this talk about immortals was over her head... if people were immortal, why did they need to come to a place for protection? Was it just for curiosity? Or was it more... agelessness than immortality? Was she immortal? She didn't think she was, she could still get hurt by things. Well, sort of. Most of the time she couldn't, because she'd protect herself, but she had still occasionally cut herself when she was making food and the like! So, probably not immortal. Or ageless, because she was aging normally, as far as she knew.

"Well, you see..." Rebecca gestured dramatically at herself. "I'm not exactly alive, but I'm not really dead, either. I'm undead- in between, shall we say. So I can't die, because I already died. That's what I meant by immortal. And since phoenixes are often associated with immortality, I had to wonder. That's all."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back