• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Ocean123

One Thousand Club
I'll just go ahead and get the thread made...

Nobody post until I add the first post and approve your character on the CS page!

imgID57968685.jpg.gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Chayse stared blankly at the building in front of them, then looked back down at the parchment (parchment!) in their hand. The address was right but... Why in the world would anyone invite them to somewhere so... fancy...?

Feeling somewhat uncomfortable, the shifter tugged the hood on their oversized purple hoodie further forward before making their cautious way down the path. They weren't sure if this was some kind of trick or whatever but their curiosity was peaked enough that they would at least go and knock on the door.

"That's not creepy at all," they muttered when the door actually opened on its own. "I thought that only happened in movies..."

Last edited:
Alex was digging through the cupboards in the kitchen when he heard the front door open. Standing up too quick meant that he had thoroughly banged his head on the counter he was looking under. Standing up much more slowly this time, he rubbed the new sore spot on his head, all but forgetting the new comer.

His face contorted in mild pain, he turned to get some ice out of the freezer. That's when he spotted the rather cute new kid. Quickly shutting his mouth and wiping the dumbfounded look on his face, Alex decided to be polite.

"Oh hi, give me just a minute and I'll call down our designated tour guide." The black haired boy walked over to the stairs just to shout, "Mal! There's a new kid! Oh wait there you are." Turning his attention back to Chayse he asked, "You must be the new shifter they told us about, it's Chase right?"

Mentioned: Windjammer Windjammer , Ocean123 Ocean123

Last edited:
Maluon was just walking down the main stairs that faced the front door when he heard it open. Hmmm. Who could that be? He thought to himself. Must be someone new.

He then heard Alex yell for him. "Coming!" He replied. Maluon was the designated tour guide, as he had been there quite some time.

Maluon went up to the open door and peeked out. "H..hello?" He spoke softly, and his head was the only thing visible from the other side, however, you couldn't miss it on account of his shiny crested helmet and brilliant blue eyes. "Chayse, right?"

Last edited:
With a yawn, Atella awoke from her surprisingly peaceful rest, buried under several blanket she'd... 'borrowed' from unused bedrooms, hidden away inside a secret area connected to the library. She'd moved into this mansion some time ago - she'd honestly never bothered to keep track of time - after receiving an invitation. Initially, she'd been reluctant to do so, but at the encouragement of her Grimoire, she had went out to move into the mansion anyway. And honestly? She was very glad that she'd done so. She hadn't interacted with the other residents too much, having found a secret space accessible from the library to make into her own little private room, just like she'd wanted.

Her room was... small. It wasn't a proper bedroom, but she'd gone through quite some effort to make it one. To get to it, one would have to remove some of the panelling of the wall to reveal the crawlspace, then crawl in and get to her room. She'd made a bed, gotten a small table, a lamp... and it was honestly pretty cozy. The only thing it lacked was a window for her to listen to the rain, but when it was raining she could just sleep on a couch in the library instead; there were windows there, after all.

Atella crawled out of her secret crawlspace after getting ready for the day, replacing the panel to hide her secret bedroom before making her way towards the kitchen to get some rather late breakfast, clutching her grimoire close to her chest as she made it into the entry hall, where there appeared to be some kind of commotion. Hiding her face behind the Grimoire in a way that let her eyes peek out over the book, she watched what appeared to be a newcomer with nervous eyes. "You... invited, too?" She asked with a quiet voice, just loud enough to be audible.

Last edited:
The redhead quickly straightened their posture from carefully peeking around the door when they heard voices before a person wearing a helmet poked his own head out. When both males asked if their name was Chayse, the shifter just nodded, a little stunned.

"Um..." they finally managed to verbalize. That was when a female stranger with a bunch of ropes tied around her showed up and started acting even more shy than Chayse felt. "Y-yeah. What she said. I-I'm invited too."

This whole thing was getting very stressful and they really just wanted to get a nice chair somewhere to lose themself in a good book for a while. It had been nearly a month since they'd last had any real social interaction and everything about this situation was starting to fray their nerves.

Last edited:
Maluon opened the door all of the way, and the entryway was now fully visible, woodwork and all. "Come in, come in. Ill show the two of you around."

Maluon knew his way around the house well, as he had been there for about five years now. He knew each room simply by looking, and knew the hallways well enough to run through them at night.

"Im Maluon, by the way, you can just call me Mal, if you prefer."

"And now it's a party!" Alex laughed as the new girl burst in. Mal seemed to have the introductions handled so he decided to go back into the open kitchen, and make himself a sandwich. He'd introduce himself later after everything calmed down.

As he ate he continued to watch the preceding, he had gotten the tour after he showed up about a month ago. As cool as the mansion is, he remembered most of what the boy with the shiny helmet showed him.

Atella gave a small nod as the person confirmed their suspicions; they were invited to live here, just like she was. Giving them a small wave, she glanced first at the helmet guy - Maloun? Maalon? Maluon? Maluon, as they spoke to the newcomer, apparently knowing their name. Maluon had shown Atella around when she'd first showed up to the place, and the girl figured it'd be their responsibility again to show the new person - Chayse - around the place. At least, Atella wasn't going to do it. She rarely went anywhere and wouldn't do a good job at showing them around the place.

"H...Hi. I'm... I'm Atella." She said, figuring she should get introductions out of the way first so she wouldn't have to do that later. Right now, she was beginning to forget about breakfast, the minor hunger having been replaced by a bit of curiosity towards the new arrival and a bit of worry about whether or not she'd lose her comfy secret room.

Last edited:
Chayse took a deep, calming breath before stepping inside the door, glancing around at all the... fanciness. The place was some kind of Victorian mansion, complete with huge, curved staircases in the entry hall and classical paintings on the walls. They found the delicate-looking carved banisters especially interesting.

Slowly, hoping this place was as safe as the parchment claimed, (though the helmet guy--Mal?--was certainly not an average human, reassuringly) the redhead lowered their hood, revealing the rather fluffy wolf ears tilted backwards in trepidation. They continued staring all around them, trying to take everything in. They'd never been anywhere quite like this before.

"So... What exactly is this place...? The letter just said it was 'safe.' That doesn't really tell me a whole lot..."

Interactions: Everyone?

-Selena Sparks-

Selena strode up the long, winding path leading to the mansion, hardly able to contain her excitement. Her skin was glowing, her magic straining to escape. She reigned it in, not wanting to scare anyone. What if they were human?! The parchment to in her hand didn’t say much, just that she was invited to live there. Pushing open the large, wooden door, Selena stepped into a vast room where the two people who had entered before her were standing, as well as a strange man with blue eyes and a silver helmet.

Selena grinned. “Hi! I’m Selena! I got invited to come here, well to live here more specifically,” she said, her power slipping a little with her excitement. Her hands were glowing brightly as she held out her invitation. “Oh, I’m sorry,” she said, embarrassed.”My power seems to have a mind of its own today!”

She peered into the kitchen, smelling food. “That smells absolutely delicious,” she called to the boy standing at the counter, making a sandwich.

-Cameron Hart-

Cameron sighed, watching from the air as three people entered the large mansion. He had camped in the woods next to the mansion, surveying the place since he had gotten the invitation weeks before. Debating whether or not he would go. No one had detected him, a testament to their own stupidity, and his own cloaking skills. Swooping down, he landed in front of the door, pushing it open and striding in, preventing his shadows from exploring as the so longed to do. Instead they crawled over his skin, like living, arrow shaped tattoos.

He wordlessly handed the one who seemed to be in charge his invitation and swept into the kitchen, where he smelled food. HE came to a stop behind a boy who he towered over, who was making a sandwich. Cameron hadn’t eaten good food in weeks, and his stomach grumbled loud enough to attest to that. Folding his wings behind him, he turned to the boy.

“Where can I get some of this...stuff?” He asked, never having had a sandwich before. In his clan, they hunted for all of their food, and they definitely did not put it on bread. Their meat certainly did not look like that either, all...flat. His voice was hoarse from misuse, making him sound more gruff than he already was.

Lumia found herself approaching the manor shortly afterwards, shielding herself from the suns harsh (average, all things considered) rays with a black umbrella which she held above her head. It was warm, sure, but better than exposing herself as she approached the manor. It wasn't too hard to see from a distance, really, not with that massive tower, and the precise instructions in the letter. She was thankful for having a place to stay, running away from people who kept trying to shoot her was starting to get on her nerves a bit!

Approaching the door, she hummed softly to herself, checking the letter one more time, before tossing it away. She didn't need it anymore, she was here, after all! ...for a few moments, she just sort of stared at the door, before shrugging, and opening it, stepping inside, closing her umbrella as she did so, and placing it next to the door. Ah, blessed artificial light. ...and also radiant light. She winced at the seemingly glowing woman in the room, holding up a hand to shield her eyes from Selena. Seemed like there were a few people present, at least. More than a few, she hadn't expected there to be this many people, not in the opening room.

At least they were interesting people! As much as she didn't like the glow of the radiant woman, it showed that there were other people more like her here... and ooh, those looked like some fluffy ears... And someone with wings, too! The most ordinary person seemed to just be a girl, bit younger than she was, holding a book in rope... why did she bind a book in rope? Just carry it, or use a pack...

Rebecca sighed as she headed to the manor. Wandering for a decade had left her with an appreciation for how other supernaturals viewed the undead. Usually it was "Ah, a monster!" and "Don't eat my brains!" Hopefully, this would be different- but she doubted it.

As she made her way into the main hall, it seemed that there was already a large gathering going on. "Hey, everybody," the lich said. "I'm Rebecca. And you ladies and gentlemen are...?"

Maluon answered in the simplest way he could. "This place serves as a safe haven for those who human society rejects and even persecutes." Maluon knew that feeling all too well, and is something he wouldn't wish on anyone.

He remembers how his family struggled to care for themselves, let alone him, and how they always had to be prepared to run. He especially remembers the day they brought him to the old house.

Chayse nodded in response, starting to feel a little faint at all the people suddenly arriving behind them. Without really noticing, they brought their hands up in a sort of one-person hug, but with claws digging into their arms as they tried not to start shaking.

"Where do I settle in?" The question was asked abruptly, somewhat desperately. The shifter needed to spend some time away from all the strangers. Even before the death of their grandmother, they hadn't exactly been a social butterfly. They were starting to feel a little suffocated by the crowd and just had to get out and calm down for a bit.

Atella watched quietly as yet more people seemed to arrive, causing the girl to shiver a little. There were so many people now, would her little secret space remain a secret? Would she have to give up her hard-earned blankets (it was pretty difficult to drag them all down there)? She didn't know. She hoped she wouldn't have to give them up, and she hoped that her sleeping spot would remain a secret... but she wasn't sure.

She noticed how the first person to arrive started to hug herself, causing her to raise a confused eyebrow as her eyes jumped from person to person. "There's bedrooms..." She said quietly in response to her question about where she'd get to settle in, a bit reluctant to re-introduce herself. She'd literally just done so! Still... it'd be rude not to. And Atella didn't really want to be rude. "A-and... my name's A-Atella, M-Miss Rebecca." She said quietly, slowly shuffling back towards the door through which she entered, wanting to retreat back to the library.

"Ah, I see." Rebecca shook a crease out of a bright red cloak. The walking corpse looked around, trying to find a place to stay. "Are there any rooms available? I don't exactly need a place to sleep, but somewhere to store my things would be nice. And is there an arcanistry, or at least a spot where I can practice my magic? That would be very useful right now."

Alex's surprised eyes drifted over the many new comers. He was becoming very glad that he had arrived early compared to everyone else. Silently he handed the winged boy his extra sandwich, before finally speaking.

"Wow, wings, fluffy ears, radiant skin, and MORE! This is great, but I think we should probably split up a little bit now. This room is getting pretty full." He looked towards Mal, "If you want I can show some of them to their rooms, you can give them the complete tour later?"

Maluon turned to Alex. "Yeah, thats an excellent idea. There seems to be some sensory overload going around."

Maluon stepped to the side and essentially allowed Alex to take over. Maluon himself was getting a little overwhelmed, hes used to showing just one or two around.

"Awesome!" He turned back to the group, trying to split it up in his mind. "I'll take Chayse," he paused to give the cute shifter a wink, "and Rebecca, they seem to need a moment to themselves. You can take the others and Atella can go back to the library. Sound good?"

Rebecca nodded, giving Atella plenty of space. "Sure thing, I'll follow you, then. This place isn't a genius loci or something weird like that, is it? I'd hate to get lost because the way back to my room changed."

Interactions: Zyngard Zyngard IamaKittyKat IamaKittyKat Fairyfloss Fairyfloss Shagranoz Shagranoz

-Cameron Hart-

Cameron wordlessly accepted the sandwich, devouring it in a few quick bites. Surprise lit his face at the flavors. “This is...delicious,” he said trailing after the boy, hoping he’d have another one for Cameron, even after he was told to go with the metallic smelling man. There wasn’t much that Cameron loved in this world, and food was one of them. His shadows hissed in his ears, eager to explore, but as he was unfamiliar with the mansion, he kept them close, his sensitive wings tucked in tight. He wondered how many here thought he was an angel. That was always the first question people asked him, due to his feathered wings that were his pride and joy. He didn’t care enough to be offended. Angels were pathetic, floating about with their Daddy bossing them around. He was a trained warrior, and carried himself as such, the youngest commander in over 5 millennia. At just 289 years old, he was just reaching adulthood. Cameron puffed out his chest a bit, smirking. Yes, he wouldn’t let these few boss him around.

-Selena Sparks-

Selena trailed after Maluon, stuffing the glow of her magic back into her body. As the winged boy walked by, she reached out a still stubbornly glowing finger and brushed it over one of his feathers, her touch light. He whirled around, anger filling his face. “Do not touch my wings, mortal,” he spat, marching after the other boy. She didn’t bother to correct him. As she was half phoenix, her life span was double to triple that of a regular human’s, and she aged slowly. “He was mean,” she pouted, crossing her arms. Turning to Lumia, she stuck out a now normal hand. “Hi! I’m Selena!”

Lumia noted that the girl with the book seemed to not be particularly social, but shrugged. Oh well, they could talk later!

For now, it seemed like that radiant woman had noticed her, and bringing her hand down to see that she seemed to... mostly be more under control (and that winged fellow seemed awfully rude!), sticking out her own hand to shake Selena's, grinning, but gaze notably averted slightly to the side. "Hey, nice to meetcha! I'm Lumia~"

"Alright then, those of you who are stillhere with me, Ill show you all around." Maluon faced the front door and gestured to his right. "Over there is the main living room, and over to the left is the main dining room."

Maluon slowly walked backwards from his spot to lead the group down the hall until he came to two more doors, one on each side of the hall. Behind the living room over here is the library, and behind the dining room is of course the kitchen."

He continued leading the group to the back door. "Over here is another sitting room, behind the library, and a bathroom behind the kitchen. Through the back door is the back porch, yard, and the gardens."

At this point, Maluon was standing at the second staircase, ready to show the group the second floor.

Interactions: Zyngard Zyngard IamaKittyKat IamaKittyKat

-Selena Sparks-

Selena followed Maluon excitedly, despite her unhappily growling stomach. It was only just past three, and she was sure dinner would be soon, she just wished she’d brought snacks. She wondered what her rooms would look like. Would they be as nice as the rest of the mansion? Selena grinned. She hoped so. Looking to Lumia, she spoke again. “You’re the first real human I’ve ever met, and you don’t seem scared of me! My friend once told me that human beings would be scared of me, because they don’t like things that aren’t human,” she said, turning red at her own boldness.

-Cameron Hart-

Cam watched, amused, as the glowing-girl bothered everyone. Did she ever stop talking? In the Clans, talking was seen as unnecessary, and would result in your death when on a field mission. Over hearing her conversation with the shadow-girl, Cam wondered what the girl was. He had thought her human, unable to discern what that other scent was that he’d detected within her. Like crackling embers and...life.

He turned back to the boy in front of him, who he was still following. “When do we hunt for our meals?” He asked him, raising an eyebrow. It was already almost dusk, and they wouldn’t have time to properly clean or prepare their kills unless they left soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back