• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Mythical Manor (Reboot) OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
hah! Yes! I was thinking that Atella had been hiding in her little library, and probably has wards of her own that prevent Sam from spying on her with his eyes, so I didn’t mention her! It’ll be really funny when he meets her and doean’t know how she’d gotten there.
Pretty much exactly this, yes. She doesn't leave the library if she can help it, and wards are pretty likely too. Sounds like a fun plan!

I think it's all become a bit confusing, with people following whoever was online at the time?

I imagine things will become less confusing as the RP progresses, but right now, I have no clue who's where.

They’re both by the bedrooms by now, so the groups could have merged?

Posting is a bit hard right now cause I'm at work, but I'll try to keep up with everyone. Merging groups works for me.

After reading through everything, what I think happened was that people initially followed Maluon, then moved up the stairs to join Alex, since Maluon was just a staircase down from where Alex was.

If I'm correct, this should be everyone's current locations, based on their posts:

Chayse: Chayse's Room (Followed Alex)
Alex: Led Group, now by the Bedrooms
Maluon: Led Group, now at the bottom of the Stairs
Atella: Library
Selena: Followed Maluon, then Alex, now by the Bedrooms
Cameron: Followed Maluon, then Alex, now by the Bedrooms
Lumia: Followed Maluon, then Alex, now by the Bedrooms
Rebecca: Followed Maluon, then Alex, now by the Bedrooms
Anabelle: Forest Barn
Sam: Sam's Room
Rhys: Forest Barn

After reading through everything, what I think happened was that people initially followed Maluon, then moved up the stairs to join Alex, since Maluon was just a staircase down from where Alex was.

If I'm correct, this should be everyone's current locations, based on their posts:

Chayse: Chayse's Room (Followed Alex)
Alex: Led Group, now by the Bedrooms
Maluon: Led Group, now at the bottom of the Stairs
Atella: Library
Selena: Followed Maluon, then Alex, now by the Bedrooms
Cameron: Followed Maluon, then Alex, now by the Bedrooms
Lumia: Followed Maluon, then Alex, now by the Bedrooms
Rebecca: Followed Maluon, then Alex, now by the Bedrooms
Anabelle: Forest Barn
Sam: Sam's Room
Rhys: Forest Barn

Thank you.

I mean, in my head, I've still got Lumia following Maluon, just responding briefly to Rebecca's offer to her, and reacting to Cameron's shadow

I mean, in my head, I've still got Lumia following Maluon, just responding briefly to Rebecca's offer to her, and reacting to Cameron's shadow
Fair. I based her position on the fact that she responded to Selena's magic, who in turn commented on Cam's name, who in turn complained about the size of the hallway, which was mentioned in KittyKat's post, aka Alex's tour.

Also, I want to try my hand at creating some sort of map, if that's okay with Ocean123 Ocean123

Fair. I based her position on the fact that she responded to Selena's magic, who in turn commented on Cam's name, who in turn complained about the size of the hallway, which was mentioned in KittyKat's post, aka Alex's tour.

Also, I want to try my hand at creating some sort of map, if that's okay with Ocean123 Ocean123
A map would certainly be helpful!

I'll give it a shot, then! How many floors are there again? And what kinda rooms are on which floor(s)?
There are two above-ground floors that can currently be accessed. The ground floor has all the "common rooms" where residents can gather and the second floor has the bedrooms, all with small ensuites to avoid those awkward encounters. XD

The third floor is basically a giant secret library/possibly some kind of alchemy lab. That floor is currently blocked by powerful wards and inaccessible. They can't even find the secret passages that lead to it. There is a basement but it also has powerful wards to discourage interest and makes it appear as simply an empty room with a dirt floor. The tower seen in one corner cannot be accessed. I'm debating the possibility of a fourth floor but I'm not sure on that one yet.

There are two above-ground floors that can currently be accessed. The ground floor has all the "common rooms" where residents can gather and the second floor has the bedrooms, all with small ensuites to avoid those awkward encounters. XD

The third floor is basically a giant secret library/possibly some kind of alchemy lab. That floor is currently blocked by powerful wards and inaccessible. They can't even find the secret passages that lead to it. There is a basement but it also has powerful wards to discourage interest and makes it appear as simply an empty room with a dirt floor. The tower seen in one corner cannot be accessed. I'm debating the possibility of a fourth floor but I'm not sure on that one yet.
Gotcha, will try to get it done tomorrow~

What kind of common rooms are there, for the recrod? I imagine a kitchen, dining room, living room, the library... what else? Is there a special room for magic stuff?

Ocean123 Ocean123 I need some more rooms to put on the ground floor map, but I'm not entirely sure which ones this building would have. I do have a few ideas, though. Which of these should I add:

- Magic Room: A room with plenty of wards on the walls. This room would be for characters to train their magic without risking collateral damage.
- Potion Room/Lab: Self-explanatory. A smaller, simpler version of what you have in mind for the Third Floor but for Player Character use. Probably shouldn't be included if you intend to have the Third Floor be unlocked later for players to use.
- A Games Room: Can be either a more modern games room with game consoles and stuff, or an old-fashioned one with game tables. Or both!
- Indoor Pool: Pools are cool, tbh, but it could also be genuinely useful if we ever get water-related characters? They'd have a place to hang out. Or they could just sleep in a bathtub.
- Storage Room: I assume there's some kind of like, big storage place, but is it on the ground floor? Or maybe a small, seperate building somewhere?
- Anything else I'm probably forgetting about

I think a pool and game room would be cool, and would make more options for recreational interactions between characters. A Magic room would be essential, whether on the ground floor or second floor.

If I add the Magic Room to the second floor, and a Games Room, Pool and Gym to the ground floor, I'll still have room for one more room on the ground floor, unless I make one room really big compared to the others.

It would be cool to have the owner of the house invite us to a ball at some point, saying we’d meet him, and have him not be there, or have him be there and...I donno, just a thought.

Here's my current version of the map. Not made for scale/figuring out how big things are, but mostly as an idea of "where the heck is what"

Ground Floor.png
2nd Floor.png

Ooh just a note on the map, I was rereading everyone’s posts to see where we were, and I noticed that Sam’s room ( camlochan camlochan ) was also next to the library. Are we going to assume that it’s a secret passageway, so it wouldn’t be drawn on the map?

Yeah, I've pretty much refrained from trying to add hidden rooms or passageways - including Atella's crawlspace room - to the map, so that's a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back