• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Mystery of Slaybrook

Satanic Nightjar

reach for the stars and don't settle for the moon
Silence filled the air. Not the peaceful sort of silence, not the Sunday afternoon, warm and cozy silence. The thick, oppressive, impenetrable silence that only appears just before something terrible occurs. Even the wind seems to fear the darkness that is certainly approaching, and it had gone from howling to the slightest whisper as it passed through the trees. The sound perfectly masked the low breathing of a small figure concealed within the bushes.

Young William Cherrinford lay comfortably in his bed, wrapped in the wool blanket that protected him from the cold. He tossed and turned, mind captured with the unseen terror of the nightmares that often resurfaced. Yet even as his heart raced in fear he remained completely unaware of the danger outside his bedroom window.

CRASH!

Suddenly a loud sound penetrated the air, disrupting the perfect silence. The glass of his bedroom window shattered in a single motion from the unknown intruder. He hardly had the time to scream before it was cut short by a knife brutally shoved into his stomach. As quickly as they had come, the wielder of the knife disappeared without a trace. As his parents and siblings flooded into his room, the following morning, there was nothing to be seen but young Will, a blade emerging from his stomach, alone in his room, his legs still curled up the way they always did as he slept.

The town of Slaybrook is cut off from the rest of the world, and outsiders rarely know of it's existence until they run into it by coincidence. It's a peaceful place, relatively safe, and it had a very close community - everybody knows everybody. So when a young boy is found murdered in his room, the reality that someone in this town is responsible sends it into chaos. Eventually, the decision is made that everyone will be contained within the borders of the small town, and not a single soul allowed to leave. A young detective is called in to investigate, but whoever committed the murder covered their tracks well.

Was it his siblings, whose odd behavior could simply be explained by the sudden death of their brother? Was it the parents, who seem strangely determined to remain silent? Was it his neighbors, who seem a bit too welcoming?

There is no single suspect - anyone and everyone could be accused at any moment. The evidence seems to point a finger at each of the residents, and there's no clear path to take. However, as the days go on, and the murders seem to continue, the people confined within the village become more and more desperate. At the rate the murders are occurring, the entire population will be dead in three weeks.

Anyone could be the killer, and anyone could be the victim.

Good luck.

ROLES

You can play anyone in the town. There are no age restrictions, as his siblings are included as suspects. If you'd like to play the detective, shoot me a PM and I'll announce the role is taken. Likewise, if you'd like to play the murderer, PM me and we can work something out. Remember, you must not tell ANYONE your role in the game until it concludes. I will most likely play side characters ONLY, just to keep the plot moving, as I will hold all of the information in the game. Your character can't die, however if you act more than one I could make an exception with your permission, if it is necessary to keep the story going.

Please do not post one liners - I understand if you are rushed for time, or if nothing exciting is happening at the moment. But please try to squeeze in at least a paragraph, and preferably not one full of dialogue. Replies should come around once a week, maximum.

More information will be revealed if this gets enough interest.

I'll join!

I've been obsessed with the podcast Insomniac so I'm in the mood haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back