• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Mysterious Play: Hierophant of Skies (Accepting votes!)

Other
Here
Well I'm spotted now, and I don't think I'm gonna be able to out run duel wieldeo here in city shoes, maybe I should try to rush her using my bag to shield myself. Sure it's not the best idea, but when has that stopped me lately? Maybe if I can knock her down I can get her weapons away from her.

This is bad. Running away won't do much, because where would I run to? I can't keep running forever and I don't know a place where I could hide. Talking is apparently off the table. Fighting... I don't think I can get my pepper spray out in time, and I don't have anything to block her blows - I don't think my bag gives much protection. It's still better than nothing so I should at least hold it in front of me or something.

Beyond that, I basically have two options left: a) I scream for help and hope for a miracle to save me or b) I hope I somehow dodge or otherwise survive her first strike despite my wobbly legs and get into close range. Then I could elbow her in the gut or something and maybe disarm her when she is distracted from that. Actually, l think I'll try to combine both options: Scream, hope to survive and then punch her. If a miracle happens in between, all the better.

Wait, don't I just need to activate the hero powers that I surely got from being summoned to wherever this is? Isekai nonsense do your stuff! And turn on the translator this time, that is standard nowadays.

Or maybe this is a terrible one where I don't get powers and have to use my modern earth knowledge and whatever tech I have available. That is starting to seem more likely. I should run and try to figure out my options. Hopefully the swords slow her down.

!!!!!!!

Rosalina Chandra

Mind boggled I'm sure, turn about and run immediately, don't wait for her to get any closer. you can take your bag off and fish your your spray while you run, don't look back, it'll make you slower. use your eyes to search the ground where you *were* in case it is there, if it is, ditch the bag and grab the spray. if/when you get the spray, turn and begin spraying wildly, just breathing it in while knock her back, especially if she is from some primitive fantasy land. Hopefully your adrenaline and survival instincts will be enough to compensate for the panic. and if it's not in your bag or on the ground... KEEP RUNNING!

caliattackdone.png

You think you should run but part of you also thinks you should try to fend her off... Maybe you can?!​

You turn around and try running away, but this girl moves like she's a trained expert or something! Her speed is incredible and she cuts you off almost as soon as you turn around before you can even make a run for it!

Well I'm spotted now, and I don't think I'm gonna be able to out run duel wieldeo here in city shoes, maybe I should try to rush her using my bag to shield myself. Sure it's not the best idea, but when has that stopped me lately? Maybe if I can knock her down I can get her weapons away from her.

You hold up your bag in front of you to shield you, shaking, and you go into a further panic when you hear her laughing! Her laugh isn't some condescending bully laugh, either (like you're used to hearing from pretty and popular girls) but... an amused laugh? Entertained?

WHY DOES SHE EVEN WANT TO HURT YOU?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?!

You want to try to rush her, and those previous thoughts certainly help, but you're so terrified and somehow you feel the last thing you wanna do is get closer to her?! Possibly maybe?! Or maybe she'd be too shocked for it not to work?!

You try to convince yourself to rush her but your legs won't move! You're petrified!

This is bad. Running away won't do much, because where would I run to? I can't keep running forever and I don't know a place where I could hide. Talking is apparently off the table. Fighting... I don't think I can get my pepper spray out in time, and I don't have anything to block her blows - I don't think my bag gives much protection. It's still better than nothing so I should at least hold it in front of me or something.

Beyond that, I basically have two options left: a) I scream for help and hope for a miracle to save me or b) I hope I somehow dodge or otherwise survive her first strike despite my wobbly legs and get into close range. Then I could elbow her in the gut or something and maybe disarm her when she is distracted from that. Actually, l think I'll try to combine both options: Scream, hope to survive and then punch her. If a miracle happens in between, all the better.

You scream as loud as you can for someone, anyone to help you!

"HELP!!!! SOMEONE!! PLEASE!!!!" You cry out, praying your screams don't fall upon deaf ears.

Wait, don't I just need to activate the hero powers that I surely got from being summoned to wherever this is? Isekai nonsense do your stuff! And turn on the translator this time, that is standard nowadays.

Or maybe this is a terrible one where I don't get powers and have to use my modern earth knowledge and whatever tech I have available. That is starting to seem more likely. I should run and try to figure out my options. Hopefully the swords slow her down.

Now that you think about it, you frantically try to recall the first passage you read from that book again to see if you can remember exactly when those heroine powers would be bestowed upon you (and you know on your life you could REALLY USE THEM RIGHT NOW!) but in your panic and adrenaline filled brain, your mind is blanking out entirely!

Maybe you have to gather the seven crest bearers first beforehand?! Is that why you're not rollin' in isekai powers?! BUT YOU HAVEN'T GATHERED ANY YET!? HOW WOULD YOU EVEN START NOW!?

WHY BRING YOU INTO THIS WORLD JUST TO HAVE YOU MEET UP WITH SOMEONE WHO'LL KILL YOU?!

And speaking of killing, to your horror, the girl jumps high as if to target you from above... She's been trained for this... Her speed and skill with those swords...

She's probably an assassin.

You probably ran straight towards an assassin.

You cry and whimper and crouch, not believing you're quickly approaching your final moments of life, then---

200w_d.gif

C...clang...???
You hear a... clang...??

What on earth (well lets be real, you're probably not really on earth anymore, Toto...)???

You turn around quickly to see a tall, blond boy's back standing before you, clearly putting himself between you and the highly-likely-to-be-an-assassin girl!!!

You're still trying not to have a heart attack, and you don't think you'll stop crying or hyper-ventilating soon, but you're truly grateful to him, whoever he is!!

"Tch! ඔයා දන්නවා ඔයා දැක්කා, පිරිමි ළමයා!" She spits angrily, pointing a sword at him.

"ඇයව තනියම, කැලයිප්!" He shouts back at her, and upon saying this he's shielding you more!!

He turns back a brief moment and smiles at you (and he's just as nice-looking as you'd expect a boy with that amazing hair color to be!), then directs his attention back at the dark-purple haired crazy girl and points his staff at her. You can't tell if it was due to tears or if maybe the sun got in your eye, but something glowing for just a second definitely made you squint when you looked upon his face. Odd, but far from the strangest thing that has happened to you today!!

You may have no idea who this angel is or what he is saying, but you're so thankful for him!

You ponder if you should say something or let him focus on the girl (who, and you barely note this, isn't actually all that shocked to see him... certainly not as much as she was to see you at first), or maybe take this time to get the pepperspray?? You don't doubt he could probably handle his own but your near death has made you a tad paranoid!

>>INPUT COMMAND<<

code by @Satanic Nightjar

Last edited:
Well since blondie is here to save the day, at least at the moment, I guess I could take a second to get my pepper spray, and see what I still have, or maybe now have. If I've been teleported into a story, maybe I have some story relevant starting gear, and worst case scenario I see what I have to work with. I'll keep an eye on the impending battle of course, but I doubt someone this skilled would take her eyes off of an actual threat to mess with what to her would most certainly seem like a lame bunny...

Since I don't understand what the blonde boy says, either, it's probably best if I stay quiet at the moment so I don't distract him. For now, I'll try to find my pepper spray - if nothing else, it would probably calm me a bit to not be 100% defenseless.

looks like my love interest has showed up. wait, unless i'm a supporting character since i couldn't save myself? Considering she didn't cut him up when he distracted himself i would say they probably know each other though. otherwise it would have been stupid for him to draw his attention away from her. there's no real evidence he's a good guy though, especially with people being barbaric enough to attack you on sight. should probably run now that they're distracted, maybe watch from some bushes and quietly make sure if i have my pepper spray before talking to anyone. just in case.

I should absolutely run while this psycho is distracted. If my savior can truly hold her off, then that's that and he can try and find me later, and if not.... well, let's just say it's probably better the more distance I put between myself and slicey girl. Getting away and at the very least trying to hide is my best chance of survival, pepper spray or no, which i could check for at "safety" anyway. This boy seems like he can do something mystical, and hasn't seemed to die from this chick from any encounter before now, so let's believe in him for now.

But man, I really do hope any power or ability shows itself soon, I'm already getting way in over my head.

Where did he come from? It was just empty wilderness and her earlier. I smell something fishy. Neither of them should be trusted, but running isn't likely to help.

Pepper spray the girl and keep it handy if the guy tries something.

Pepper-spray that girl!

Rosalina Chandra

Well since blondie is here to save the day, at least at the moment, I guess I could take a second to get my pepper spray, and see what I still have, or maybe now have. If I've been teleported into a story, maybe I have some story relevant starting gear, and worst case scenario I see what I have to work with. I'll keep an eye on the impending battle of course, but I doubt someone this skilled would take her eyes off of an actual threat to mess with what to her would most certainly seem like a lame bunny...

uhoh.png

This train of thought actually leads you to another question now that you have the chance to think about it: Say this girl is an assassin, don't assassins only kill people they've been hired to kill?

You literally just got to this world and she was the first and only person to even know you existed up until ten seconds ago... Why would she waste her time and energy to kill someone she wasn't hired to? The only other killing you imagine she'd do non-paid is on animals she'd eat...

Perhaps you have a bit too much pop culture ingrained in your brain but you're pretty sure, especially in this crazy world, "if you're good at something, never do it for free" and she somehow strikes you as the type to be heavily, if not exclusively, motivated by either food or money or both... neither of which she would gain by slaying you (well if she digs through your wallet she could have your single dime you suppose) ...unless shes a cannibal!

...She's probably not a cannibal, though...

Since I don't understand what the blonde boy says, either, it's probably best if I stay quiet at the moment so I don't distract him. For now, I'll try to find my pepper spray - if nothing else, it would probably calm me a bit to not be 100% defenseless.

Upon thinking this you nod to yourself and quickly start shakily fishing through your book bag for your pepper-spray, praying it managed to stay in there on your journey here...

You're too terrified to truly take your eyes off the two, however, so you fish around for it by feeling...

Good news, however, after feeling your bigger items and beginning to feel for your smaller ones, your lipgloss is safely inside and it was one of your smallest items! It's possible everything is here!

Your newfound optimism causes you to fish inside your bag faster.

looks like my love interest has showed up. wait, unless i'm a supporting character since i couldn't save myself? Considering she didn't cut him up when he distracted himself i would say they probably know each other though. otherwise it would have been stupid for him to draw his attention away from her. there's no real evidence he's a good guy though, especially with people being barbaric enough to attack you on sight. should probably run now that they're distracted, maybe watch from some bushes and quietly make sure if i have my pepper spray before talking to anyone. just in case.

L-love interest?!

Y-you just met him!! (Though, as a huge media connoisseur, you realize just this meeting is basis for shipping people, so this thought doesn't exactly surprise you, more so just caught you off guard.)

You admit, watching them begin to fight, it does seem very much like he can hold his own against her, every strike she tries to slice him with gets countered easily by his staff! And shes dual wielding! He's almost making this look easy!

If you weren't so petrified and thinking you were screwed you'd be impressed!

I should absolutely run while this psycho is distracted. If my savior can truly hold her off, then that's that and he can try and find me later, and if not.... well, let's just say it's probably better the more distance I put between myself and slicey girl. Getting away and at the very least trying to hide is my best chance of survival, pepper spray or no, which i could check for at "safety" anyway. This boy seems like he can do something mystical, and hasn't seemed to die from this chick from any encounter before now, so let's believe in him for now.

But man, I really do hope any power or ability shows itself soon, I'm already getting way in over my head.

Well, you don't want to be hasty, though there are some bushes slightly nearby... You don't want to run or hide too far so he can't find you---

Where did he come from? It was just empty wilderness and her earlier. I smell something fishy. Neither of them should be trusted, but running isn't likely to help.

Pepper spray the girl and keep it handy if the guy tries something.

WAIT WHERE DID HE COME FROM?!

WHY DIDN'T YOU HEAR HIM COMING?!

You decide to hide behind the nearest bush for dear life while frantically fishing for your pepper-spray while not taking your eyes off them!!!

As you feel around your bag mostly useless things (well, everything in your bag is useful but in this particular situation not really) you gasp as you finally feel the spray around your hand!

And she's busy! Now's your chance!

Well, even if this stuff doesn't really cause permanent damage and she did just try to kill you... You feel bad regardless at the thought of spraying this directly into her eyes...

Oh! Oh no!

It looks like they're in a power struggle: His staff versus her swords! The boy can handle her strength wise but she uses a dirty trick the battle could quickly be swayed in her favor!! A quick glance shows that there's just enough room for a shortie (aka you) to squeeze right between her swords to his staff and have a free shot at her...

You may not know the boy either but you're sorta inclined to root for the one who didn't just try to kill you!!!

You panic while looking around, the woods close-by certainly having no shortage of sticks... Maybe if you try to fight back with one of those and distract her even for just a second that would give him enough time to defeat her without spraying her?! What if she's allergic and it becomes bad!?

WAIT, AUGH! WHY DO YOU CARE?! SHE TRIED TO KILL YOU!?

Her gaze is shifting and it looks like she might try something soon! You've mostly decided to spray her... But thinking and doing... GAH!

pepperedher.png

Just basically going to heck with it you dash over with your pepper-spray in hand, half-crouch under said weapons (you really are a shortie...), quickly pop up between the dull parts of her blades and her face... and before either of them knows what's going on you just pepper-spray the s%^& out of the assassins girls face!

She screams and drops her swords, clutching her face and shouting what are no doubt expletives (you may not know for sure, but her tone and some context clues...). Almost like she was on fire, after she stopped, she dropped to the ground and started writhing in pain, almost rolling.

You feel bad looking at her in pain, and you turn around to look at the blond boy who seems like he is equal parts impressed, relieved, a bit confused, and horrified. He definitely is torn between congratulating you and being scared of you! Then again, you're not too great at reading body language, not that if he was saying anything you'd understand him...

You bite your lip while looking at your bag again... which... may or may not... have some fresh whole milk to splash on her... Which you certainly didn't pack in your thermos for... reasons related to being afraid of the pepper spray...

Pepper-spray is oil based, right? So she'd still have it's oils irritating her and it would still give you plenty of time of run away... Plus it would soothe her and give you enough time to check to see if she has an allergic reaction...

>>INPUT COMMAND<<

Last edited:
Food is too valuable to waste on someone who attacked me. Leave her to suffer.

As for the guy, I should probably just walk away. We can't understand eachother(seriously, where is the translator!?) and I don't know if this was some weird plan to gain my trust and those two are actually working together.

Maybe he can lead me to a town or something though. I guess I should just keep my spray handy. It's possible we could communicate with images rather than words too.

While food is valuable... when exactly am I gonna have time to sit down and enjoy milk before it goes bad? At least this way, we could perform an act of some kind of mercy... though I doubt she'll take to being splashed in the face after just getting peppered to heck and back. Wait... it couldn't be she was the intended love interest and this has all been a misunderstanding, right?? Right????

I think I should not splash the milk on her right now. For all I know, they might assume it's just as harmful as the pepper spray if I pull it out now, and I wouldn't want the boy turning on me, too. Verbal communication is still out, but to show the boy I don't want to harm him, maybe I could pocket my pepper spray (but somewhere I can still reach it easily!), show him I'm now unarmed and... do a little bow or something? I don't know how etiquette and body language works around here, but that could be something universal, right?

still a bunch of strangers in a strange land that i can't trust. Even if she Isn't an assassin, or she is but has a 'code', killing people certainly was no big deal to folks back in the days where laws were only enforced by a handful of villagers or guards. depending on how realistic this book's setting is or whether it's a dark fantasy vs a standard fantasy, i'm all sorts of screwed if i put my faith in the wrong people. the girl that attacked me is better off where she is, besides, it's not like i did any lasting damage. it'll wear off when it wears off and she'll be none the worse for it in the long run. as far as the boy is concerned he does seem friendly, but again, i shouldn't just trust he is meant to be an ally or love interest of some kind from the get go, even if that's how stories tend to play out over the vast majority. besides, in true history even he authorities would be heavily corrupt sometimes, and they're the good guys. i say we spray the man as well, spray the girl one last time to make sure he can get to safety before she can take advantage of him, then hide. i can use the fact that his vision will be slightly impaired when he recovers to stalk him, and hopefully I'll have cover the whole way. i don't need him to take me anywhere, he can just lead me there. plus ill still have my milk if it's a long journey. sounds like a compromise to all options I've thought of thus far except for helping her, and why the *%$& should i feel bad? She seemed like she was going to kill me! Plus, she was definitely trying to kill him. I might be kind but I'm not a moron.

Not spraying yet, but--!

Rosalina Chandra

Food is too valuable to waste on someone who attacked me. Leave her to suffer.

As for the guy, I should probably just walk away. We can't understand eachother(seriously, where is the translator!?) and I don't know if this was some weird plan to gain my trust and those two are actually working together.

Maybe he can lead me to a town or something though. I guess I should just keep my spray handy. It's possible we could communicate with images rather than words too.

While food is valuable... when exactly am I gonna have time to sit down and enjoy milk before it goes bad? At least this way, we could perform an act of some kind of mercy... though I doubt she'll take to being splashed in the face after just getting peppered to heck and back. Wait... it couldn't be she was the intended love interest and this has all been a misunderstanding, right?? Right????

I think I should not splash the milk on her right now. For all I know, they might assume it's just as harmful as the pepper spray if I pull it out now, and I wouldn't want the boy turning on me, too. Verbal communication is still out, but to show the boy I don't want to harm him, maybe I could pocket my pepper spray (but somewhere I can still reach it easily!), show him I'm now unarmed and... do a little bow or something? I don't know how etiquette and body language works around here, but that could be something universal, right?

still a bunch of strangers in a strange land that i can't trust. Even if she Isn't an assassin, or she is but has a 'code', killing people certainly was no big deal to folks back in the days where laws were only enforced by a handful of villagers or guards. depending on how realistic this book's setting is or whether it's a dark fantasy vs a standard fantasy, i'm all sorts of screwed if i put my faith in the wrong people. the girl that attacked me is better off where she is, besides, it's not like i did any lasting damage. it'll wear off when it wears off and she'll be none the worse for it in the long run. as far as the boy is concerned he does seem friendly, but again, i shouldn't just trust he is meant to be an ally or love interest of some kind from the get go, even if that's how stories tend to play out over the vast majority. besides, in true history even he authorities would be heavily corrupt sometimes, and they're the good guys. i say we spray the man as well, spray the girl one last time to make sure he can get to safety before she can take advantage of him, then hide. i can use the fact that his vision will be slightly impaired when he recovers to stalk him, and hopefully I'll have cover the whole way. i don't need him to take me anywhere, he can just lead me there. plus ill still have my milk if it's a long journey. sounds like a compromise to all options I've thought of thus far except for helping her, and why the *%$& should i feel bad? She seemed like she was going to kill me! Plus, she was definitely trying to kill him. I might be kind but I'm not a moron.

meetinghim.png

You're pretty torn between leaving/ spraying the boy or staying with him... Both sides have pro's and con's...

You do, without really realizing it, put down your pepper-spray...​

A smile graces his angelic face as the boy seems to be over his apprehension of you and comes closer while still being amiable... You feel anxious, for sure, but you're not exactly scared...

hesmagic.png

Oh...! He's surrounded by... magic!
Hey, maybe he can help you after all?! His magic must be able to do something for you!

"E-excuse me... I can't understand yo--" You begin explaining when suddenly:

200w_d.gif

He booped your snoot!

coversnoot.png

Snoot has been booped!
"Uh-uhm, What was that f-for?" You ask while still covering your nose.

"Oh, well, I cast a spell to help you understand our native tongue so we could talk!" He replies back sweetly, adding, "I had to touch you with my staff to direct that magic at you!"

"Ah! Oh, well, thank you so-- HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY GOSH I CAN UNDERSTAND YOU NOW??!?!?!? HUH!? WHO!? WHAT??!? HOW?!?!?!" You shout, startled and taken completely by surprise and off guard.

"...Uhm, well... I cast a spell to help you understand our native tongue--" He began repeating himself when you decide to interrupt him.

"I-I got it, I-I got it!" You quickly hush him to say something new while quickly trying to let all of this sink in.

You two can understand each other now!

A million and one things and questions are running through your head, clearly you can't decide which question to ask first!

"...I knew... You could understand me... You.. b%&..." Came a pained voice, the purple haired girl!

You can also now understand the purple haired girl!!!

"I-I'm sorry... I really couldn't understand you until his magic..." You mutter, unsure why you apologized to her after everything (and how rude shes being!) but it just sorta slipped out.

You and the boy exchange glances.

"Wh-who is she? D-do you know her? How does she know you???" You bombard him with questions, clinging to him in your fear of the possible assassin girl, not realizing you're sounding like an over-bearing girlfriend to him.

"Haha, That's Calliope: She's just a petty bandit who steals food, occasionally some money, from travelers who stray too far from the roads, but she usually doesn't come around this area, so I don't know how she found you, but I know how we can get answers... " He says, possibly generating more questions from you than he answered.

He goes closer to Calliope to no doubt see if she's alright.

"So, what was the name of the spell you used on her, anyway? She looks in pain..." He began, trailing off while examining her.

It looks like she'll be fine, there doesn't seem to be an allergic reaction to the spray or anything.

"O-oh! O-oh, n-no, I-I'm not magical--!" You begin to explain nervously, "What I sprayed her with was pepper-spray... Where I'm-"

You pause for a moment and decide it's... probably best to not live in denial.

"In my world, you spray this on an assailant trying to attack you and it incapacitates them for a bit, giving you enough time to get away. Uhm, unless they're allergic to it, they should be fine after a while, and she doesn't seem to be having an allergic reaction..." You keep explaining to him (he's surprisingly accepting of you being in another world, but you suppose your clothes make it obvious) while handing him your tiny pepper-spray bottle so he can see it for himself it's not harmful, "Just don't press the red button, that releases the spray."

"Wow!!" He gasps while examining it, impressed, then the pauses and ponders a moment, "Wait... Pepper-spray...? Like what you put on food?"

"Uhm... Y-you don't actually put it on your food, but... yeah..." You nervously explain, not liking where he's going with this.

"...It sounds delicious..." He mutters, staring off into space with a dreamy look in his eyes, licking his lips, and ten seconds from drooling. You can hear his stomach grumbling.

"Y-YOU DON'T PUT IT ON YOUR FOOD!" You scold him like you would a child considering it, quickly stretching your hand out to retrieve your spray back from him before he hurts himself.

"But if it's not meant to go on food then why is it called PEPPER-spray?!" He asks, pouting and clearly displeased while hesitantly giving your spray back to you.

"IT'S. NOT. FOR. FOOD," You repeat sternly while placing the spray back in your bag and taking out your milk and last paper towel (leftover from lunch).

"Moron..." The girl moans, it seems she expects this behavior from him.

You decide since your milk would go bad soon (it's already lukewarm since you didn't finish it at lunch) you might as well help her... Plus if you help her, now that you understand her, she may answer your questions. You explain the milk will help.

"So, she's not an assassin...? Does that mean she wasn't trying to kill us? I mean she was kinda waving her swords around like crazy and to me it seemed like it..." You ask meekly as you spill your remaining lukewarm milk into your paper towel and start wiping her eyes. She moans and flinches but doesn't protest.

"She was definitely gonna cut you up a bit, but I don't think she would have killed you," The boy explains, now that he thinks about it.

"Huh? What makes you so sure?" You ask, confused.

"Why would I kill you when I would rather use you for ransom, Empress? Shoulda known your Palace Brat would be here to save your dainty a**... If he wasn't here you'd be bleeding and I'd be collecting what you're worth," The girl moans, still incapacitated.

"WAIT, WHAT?!" You shout, shocked.

"No... This isn't the Empress--" The boy begins to explain, clearly looking like he wished you wouldn't find out this way, "But she certainly looks exactly like her and someone equally as important..."

He looks away and bites his lip.

Okay, clearly this boy knows something!
GO BACK TO THE PART WHERE THERE'S AN EMPRESS WHO IS YOUR TWIN!?

JUST WHATS GOING ON HERE?!

So many questions bombard your mind it's dizzying..! It's time to calm down, get your questions in order, and start interrogating! Maybe both of them!?

You stop holding your breath in shock and start thinking about what to ask first: What is this boys name?? Do you inquire about your apparent imperial royal twin? How does he know this Empress? Should you ask about where you are since he probably knows? Is he royalty as well since he knows this Empress? Is he your only way to talk to this Empress? Could this Empress even help you? If Calliope doesn't normally rob travelers here why was she here??

Inquiring minds need to know!!

>>INPUT COMMAND<<

Last edited:
Oh ok, so she was just going to maim or torture me a little? Somehow that's worse to me. Either way It seems like she's decided against pursuing a hostile action so I guess I'll take what I can get. I feel like Magic boy knows a ton more than he lets on, and that If I'm a look a like for the empress he probably summoned me here to be a stand-in until they can find out what happened to her. Either way I might be safer than I thought before, this type of story seems to be pretty relaxed if someone in charge of, or who personally knows the empress treats a known bandit somewhat reasonably. Maybe it's a children's fairy tale and not a fantasy for someone more grown up. That would be good news. I think A line of questions to find things out about crime and punishment are a good start for figuring out how 'mature' the setting is, other than that I guess the only real questions I have are about who brought me here, and why. Also i should probably explain it's called pepper spray for the burning sensation and that it has nothing to do with taste or food rather than stone wall him until he tries it.

Phew, now that we can actually talk, let's finish introductions first. I know Calliope's name, but what is the blonde boy called? Next up would be the matter of clearing up why they think I am or look like the Empress - and the Empress of where exactly would be nice to know as well. Finally, it would be good to ask about the general situation of the world/country/place I'm in - if there is any sort of crisis, I should know so I don't run headfirst into danger. (And making sure the boy understands that pepper spray is not food is important, too, I suppose.)

This bitch still finna talk shit? I should finish cleaning her eyes and spray her again, so she knows who's boss(Despite the fact that I would be pretty much fucked if I had to fight her for real). Come to think of it, Blondie here never asked for consent before booping my snoot. Snoot boopage is reserved for close friends and family, of which he is neither. I'm 'bout to akimbo some damb pepper spray on all these mu'fuckers. ALL WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF NON-FOOD BASED PEPPER!!!

Unless they can magically make more pepper spray for me or teach me some defense magic really quickly I should probably not waste any just to prove a point. And explaining the name will hopefully clear it up for him, though he seems a bit dense.

Either way, he knows something about why we are here. We should ask him where we are and why we came to be here. Also, check the cellphone for magic signals, it works in some stories. And we may as well have him take us back to the palace while we're at it.

Rosalina Chandra

Oh ok, so she was just going to maim or torture me a little? Somehow that's worse to me. Either way It seems like she's decided against pursuing a hostile action so I guess I'll take what I can get. I feel like Magic boy knows a ton more than he lets on, and that If I'm a look a like for the empress he probably summoned me here to be a stand-in until they can find out what happened to her. Either way I might be safer than I thought before, this type of story seems to be pretty relaxed if someone in charge of, or who personally knows the empress treats a known bandit somewhat reasonably. Maybe it's a children's fairy tale and not a fantasy for someone more grown up. That would be good news. I think A line of questions to find things out about crime and punishment are a good start for figuring out how 'mature' the setting is, other than that I guess the only real questions I have are about who brought me here, and why. Also i should probably explain it's called pepper spray for the burning sensation and that it has nothing to do with taste or food rather than stone wall him until he tries it.

You can't help but nod to yourself upon realizing Calliope's true intentions don't really help her case... And you can't help but feel silly helping someone who wanted to maim or torture you.. You try to tell yourself you're just doing this so your thermos isn't filled with spoiled milk or something later on and not really for HER sake...

"Uh-uhm, so..." You begin shakily, "Would she normally get taken to prison for stealing and stuff?"

"Yeah, they spend a few days in the palace dungeon--"

"OH!" You reply, adding, "That's not so bad!"

"The Empress is awful nice and doesn't like hurting people, but my elder brother, her advisor, says we should probably chop their hands off or something to show we take this seriously..." The boy then scratches his head and adds a tad uncomfortable.

You make a mental note not to EVER be left alone with his elder brother. Ever.

"Ahahaha... I-I see... Isn't that a bit.. extreme?" You ask, admittedly not wanting to admit in your history things were that way as well...

"Well, sort of... To me, at least..." He replies, not making eye contact with you, and clearly uncomfortable about discussing this subject, "My brother say's its a "necessary evil" to show her subjects the Empress is to be loved and feared, which is the best way to rule..."

"A-are... Are you gonna turn her in?" You ask, jerking your head towards the downed Calliope.

"Well..." He looks at her thinking, clearly suspecting she would get her hand chopped off if he took her in, but then looking at you and continuing, "It's up to you. She scared you half to death when she confused you for our Empress and tried to hurt you and would have if I didn't hear your cries and make it in time... What do YOU want..?"

"A-AH! A-AH! UHM, I-I think leaving her in pain from the pepper spray i-is enough! Sh-she tried but ultimately FAILED thanks to you, ahahahahaha..." You immediately freak out and start blurting, not crazy at all about the idea of being the cause of someone losing their hand and she may not survive the blood-loss from losing said hand since you doubt they would cauterize the wound or even wrap it tight enough to stop the blood loss...

He smiles at you sympathetically, clearly not one to judge you no matter your choice, and you figure as long as you two are near her you can change your mind at any time, which makes you feel slightly better he's not pressuring or judging you.

You decide to go to the next line of questions you had, since you're already on a roll here.

"D-do... do you know how I got here? Did you... s-summon me or something?" You ask after a paused moment.

"No... I'm sorry. I don't. One moment I'm heading back to the castle and the next I hear a scream and when I arrive I find Calliope and the splitting image of our Empress! Er, aside the odd clothes, haha!" He tries his best to explain to you.

"Oh... I see..." You mutter, disappointed he didn't know how you got here either.

Phew, now that we can actually talk, let's finish introductions first. I know Calliope's name, but what is the blonde boy called? Next up would be the matter of clearing up why they think I am or look like the Empress - and the Empress of where exactly would be nice to know as well. Finally, it would be good to ask about the general situation of the world/country/place I'm in - if there is any sort of crisis, I should know so I don't run headfirst into danger. (And making sure the boy understands that pepper spray is not food is important, too, I suppose.)

Unless they can magically make more pepper spray for me or teach me some defense magic really quickly I should probably not waste any just to prove a point. And explaining the name will hopefully clear it up for him, though he seems a bit dense.

Either way, he knows something about why we are here. We should ask him where we are and why we came to be here. Also, check the cellphone for magic signals, it works in some stories. And we may as well have him take us back to the palace while we're at it.

You gasp and realize you haven't introduced yourself OR asked his name!

How could you!?

"A-ah! I'm so sorry! In all this craziness I-I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Rosalina! Rosalina Chandra! But please, call me 'Rosie' or 'Ro' for short!" You finally introduce yourself to the blond boy, hoping he also tells you his name as well.

He smiles back at you warmly, almost chuckling and also introduces himself, "I'm Elias. Elias Desmond!"

"It's very nice to meet you, Elias," You nod and state, mixed feelings about the circumstances of how you two met, especially looking down and hearing Calliope moan.

You shake those thoughts off however, and decide to continue the questions since he doesn't seem bothered by it.

"S-so... This Empress looks like me...?" You ask, that sentence coming from your mouth feeling a bit odd and leaving an even odder taste in your mouth after asking it.

"The splitting image! Clearly well enough for Calliope to be fooled, too!" He answers, clearly now all too happy to talk about his Empress.

"I see, haha, that's insane..." You mutter, for some reason feeling a bit deflated.

"A little, yeah!" He replies, then looks shocked and gasps, "Wait, I may not have brought you here, but I definitely do know how to help you back to your world, possibly!"

"You do?! Really?! How?!"

"Well, since you and I are both pretty sure you're from another world, I think you might be the girl of the Prophecy! The prophecy about the three gods!"

"Pr-prophecy?!"

"Yeah! I mean, I'm pretty sure it never said you'd look exactly like the Empress, but I know it said right before our Kingdom of Auran's doom draws nigh, a girl from another world would appear to gather the seven crest bearers of our god, Celosia, and save us!" He exclaims with a smile.

"W-WAIT! WHAT?! S-S-SAVE YOU?!" You shout, definitely not ready for this responsibility.

"Mmmhm," He nods, pausing a moment before grimacing, "Truthfully, things are already starting to look bad: Our crops are slowly dying in a season that was supposed to be bountiful, the weather is getting more chaotic by the day, and I think a sickness we have no cure for has began to plague us..."

"I-I'm so sorry to hear that's happening to your home..." You mutter, your heart sinking and the severity of the help Auran needs making you wish you could help, but you're just one girl!!!

"That's ok!" He nearly gives you whiplash as his normally cheery demeanor and charming smile graces his face again, almost like he's bipolar, "You're here now! You can help us!"

"Ahahaha... I-I think you're investing a great amount of faith into a simple, ordinary girl who doesn't have the first clue h-how to help as much as she wants to..." You say to try to lower his expectations of you, already feeling queasy knowing his expectations of you already.

"Not at all! You seem really great already! In fact, why don't you come with me to see the Empress? I'm sure she'd love to meet you, and can probably help us find the Crest-bearers!" Elias suggests merrily, almost easing you with his happy-go-lucky demeanor but not really.

"I-I... I suppose it couldn't hurt..." You hesitantly decide to go with him, thinking back to the page you read before coming here and realizing not only will you get powers in doing this but gathering Celosia's crest-bearers is most likely your best bet home.

And if this Empress can help you gather them then going with Elias was probably the most prudent choice you could make.

Elias finally leaves Calliope's side and starts walking towards what you suppose is civilization, turning back and motioning for you to follow him.

"This... isn't over..." You hear the purple hair girl mutter as you walk away. You decide to keep following Elias and not turn back or even stop for her. You think after all she tried to do to you what you've done for her is enough.

This bitch still finna talk shit? I should finish cleaning her eyes and spray her again, so she knows who's boss(Despite the fact that I would be pretty much fucked if I had to fight her for real). Come to think of it, Blondie here never asked for consent before booping my snoot. Snoot boopage is reserved for close friends and family, of which he is neither. I'm 'bout to akimbo some damb pepper spray on all these mu'fuckers. ALL WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF NON-FOOD BASED PEPPER!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

That's right, that's right!

He can't boop your snoot and get away with it! No snoot boopage for Elias!!!!

With the quickness of a fast Rosie, you quickly catch up to Elias and call to him, and as he turns around--

You boop him with the pepper-spray can on his nose. That'll show him!

"...Does this mean I can have the pepper-spray?!" He asks excitedly after a moments pause.

"...N-n-no! I-I booped you back for booping me!! A-and keep telling you, it's not for food: Pepper-spray is called that because of the burning sensation it causes when used on an attacker... Wh-why would you want to eat it a-after seeing what it did to Calliope anyway!?" You question, baffled at his naivety.

"Well, Maybe Calliope just didn't like pepper or peppers..." He pouted.

"N-no, it causes your eyes and nose and stuff to swell up for a bit...It's really not for eating..." You genuinely try to explain to him the dangers of ingesting the spray in case he has to hold onto it.

"Ok..." He sighs, finally accepting defeat.

You're glad you were able to communicate with Elias finally and figure out as much as you did, and as you two begin walking towards the Kingdom, it finally occurred to you to check to see if your phone was even useful here!

You quickly fish out your phone and unlock it, looking at the top left corner of your screen... Only to find there is definitely no service... There is no reception here at all, not even in the slightest.

Things are just going from bad to worse, huh?

"Hm? What's that?" Elias asks, curious about your phone.

"Oh, it's a cellphone, it's supposed to be used to communicate from someone who is far away, but it doesn't seem to be working here..." You explain somewhat gloomily.

"Oh, I see... I'm sorry... Do you know why it's not working...?" He asks, his eyes lighting up with curiosity.

"I think I have some idea, but I'm not really sure..." You say, scratching your head and not sure if you wanna try explaining satellites and signals to him just yet.

He shoots you a sad look and you two keep walking.

Something then occurs to you as you two keep walking, and you didn't have a chance to inquire about this, but now that you do...

"Hey, Elias?" You begin.

"Yeah, Rosie?" He now directs his attention back at you again.

"S-sorry to bother you about this, but I've been wondering..." You begin inquiring, "When you first saved me, Me and Calliope seemingly were the only ones around for miles, and you kinda just popped out of no where to save me, a-and not that I'm not grateful for that, but I have to ask: How did you get to me without making a noise at all? I didn't even hear you coming and I'm pretty sure Calliope didn't either, so... how...?"

In response, Elias' face lights up again and a goofy grin is now plastered on it.

"I could tell you... or... I could show you!" He exclaims, a light emanating from his forehead (you think it might have been a pattern but it only shone a moment and you didn't get a good look at it...?) and he's surrounded by... wind magic!

Incredible!

The very winds are surrounding his hands and feet, he's slightly floating even!

nerds.png

"OH MY GOSH THAT'S SO COOL!!" You shout, completely psyched by his amazing powers and totally nerding out about them.

"I KNOW, RIGHT?! THEY'RE SUPER AWESOME AND I'M SO GLAD I WAS BLESSED WITH THEM!" He responds, equally excited because you are so excited.​

The literal wind beneath his feet boosts his speed, and he zips around you a bit almost soundlessly! No wonder you didn't see or hear him coming! He's a speedy booger!

"OH MY GOSH ME TOO, OH MY GOSH!" You keep gushing, you've never met anyone like him!

He's like that young monk in that one cartoon you used to watch!

Yeah, you're calling it: Elias rocks!!

"So, so, so, so, so can you like, make a giant ball of wind and ride it?!"

"Yeah! I can ride it! I can almost not crash into stuff on it, too!"

"Oh my goooooosh!!! That's soo coooooool!" You exclaim.

He then extends his hand to you and smiles slightly shyly, asking, "You want I carry you to the palace? It's no trouble for me, and if we use my wind magic to get there it will be much, much faster! You might not get to see the Kingdom, though... I'm sure you'll get to later"

Your face is red hot at the thought of him carrying you, and in truth you kinda wanted to look around Auran on your way to the palace in case there were people you could help... But you figure without even one crest bearer you might not be of much help, and you don't even have any of this worlds currency, so you its not like you could buy anything or donate to the poor anyway....

Elias is patiently waiting for your decision, and while you know he wouldn't hold it against you if you said no (and it's not like being carried by him is unappealing, but...) and while you're sure your feet would thank you since it looks like a long walk you aren't sure if you should accept his offer or not yet...
>>INPUT COMMAND<<

Last edited:
I see his rugged handsomeness and quirky charm sufficiently flustered me enough to cause me to fumble, and press his nose with my pepper spray, instead of pressing the button on my pepper spray, aiming at his nose. Common enough mistake, perhaps I can try again on the wayto see the empress. In the meantime I should really hammer home the fact that I, as of this moment, lack the skillsets necessary to solve his aforementioned problems. In fact I lack any skillset, as I'm currently a student working my way towards learning a skillset, and I hadn't even progressed far enough to narrow my specific studies down to more than the fundamental basics of my world. And even that limited knowledge is moot in this land that is so foreign to me.

Yeah, I should take the ride. This guy is too much of an airhead to be anything but honest. Also, flying sounds rad.

Maybe with enough explanation he could give me a magic boost to the cellphone signal, ooh, or make some copies so a whole bunch of us could communicate. Mm, probably not, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Also, that doesn't explain how he knew I was around and in trouble. He seems like he'd be some kind of big-shot if his brother is the Empress's advisor, certainly some kind of nobility. Isn't it a little strange for him to be out and about this far from the city? I think someone planned this and told him to be here. Oh well, that'll be something to deal with later.

Hopefully they'll give me a ton of help finding the crest bearers. Especially since I don't know anything about this place and it sounds like everything that can be going wrong is.

Seeing the kingdom would be nice, but flying is even better! Plus, even if I tried to find more help, I wouldn't even know who or what to look for at the moment. And for that matter, Elias seems to know more about this whole prophecy and crest bearer stuff. I might as well put my trust in him for now. Also, again, flying! Flying!

Between the obvious return-flirtation of me booping his nose back as apposed to ignoring the fact that he booped me to begin with, or calling him on it and lecturing him about consent, and the fact that I'm still obviously gushing over his appearance and charm, I think it's pretty obvious even to me at this point that he's either my love interest, or a misdirect love interest. Either way it only seems natural that I'd allow him to whisk me away over the winds to the palace and/or city in question. I just hope I don't forget the lyrics to "A Whole New World" on the way. The only real downside here is that if he is a misdirect he'll probably end up dead by the end of the story. Either way I don't have much to lose as it didn't seem like boys were lining up to charm me IRL. Weighing my options here, and the likely romantic experience embracing things might allow me, I think I'll let him carry me and continue our flirtatious rapport. I just have some concerns...

As I previously thought, there's still the mystery to how and why he was in the right place at the right time, wind magic or no, but even more mysteriously, if he knows nothing about how I got here or who I am, why doesn't he think he found the empress herself if I'm a picture perfect likeness? Obviously there's magic, and I doubt every country in this 'medieval' or renascence setting knows eachother, so my strange objects and clothing could be explained away from cutlure differences or magical objects and I could easily have been brainwashed or run away. I say we accept the ride back to town, but demand answers first dammit!

A red herring interest? Wait, those sometimes can go really south! What if... What if this is all a farce and he takes me far far away to kill me himself?! All we have to go by is his word, which just because he's a friendly face/person, doesn't mean that he's really who he says he is. Or what if he doesn't even wait to take me away somewhere and just promptly takes me up super high and just... let's me drop? Maybe flying might not be so good after...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back