• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Mysterious Play: Hierophant of Skies (Accepting votes!)

Other
Here
i dont think we aught to tell him, as our theory is only a theory. we don't have enough evidence, and it would be cruel to break him.

Honestly, the evidence does kind of point to this conclusion... However, I'm leaning towards not telling Elias, too. Usually honesty is the best policy, but what does it accomplish here? It's not like it changes what happened, it's unlikely that Elias will lose control of his powers like that again since he's old enough to know what he's doing now, and if knowing this about him doesn't change anything in our relationship with him, then why even bring it up?

I'm open to having my mind changed if someone has an argument for why we should tell Elias, but for now, I'm voting to not tell him.

I often like being a little contrarian at times like this, but yeah, there's really no reason we should tell him at this point in time. The only way I could see this causing a problem down the line is if someone else puts two and two together and we have to reveal we knew and didn't say anything, but even should such a scenario come, I think "we didn't want to pointlessly accuse you and hurt your feelings" is a decent enough reason, though a person in that emotional state probably wouldn't listen regardless of the reason.

I vote no as well.

I definitely think that telling him now will make him hate himself more, and that's definitely not what we want. Keeping closed lips for the time being is probably for the best, since I know that if I heard that, I would begin freaking out and quite possibly begin to lose parts of my sanity, even with a lover there. Best to not tell him and find the best moment later on. We do need to tell him, but I'm thinking that during an intimate moment, when he is more likely to listen and understand and HOPEFULLY, not have a mental breakdown. Maybe in the near future when there is a beautiful sunset, and our eyes are locked, and we slowly lean in to kiss...

Rosalina Chandra

i dont think we aught to tell him, as our theory is only a theory. we don't have enough evidence, and it would be cruel to break him.
Honestly, the evidence does kind of point to this conclusion... However, I'm leaning towards not telling Elias, too. Usually honesty is the best policy, but what does it accomplish here? It's not like it changes what happened, it's unlikely that Elias will lose control of his powers like that again since he's old enough to know what he's doing now, and if knowing this about him doesn't change anything in our relationship with him, then why even bring it up?

I'm open to having my mind changed if someone has an argument for why we should tell Elias, but for now, I'm voting to not tell him.
I often like being a little contrarian at times like this, but yeah, there's really no reason we should tell him at this point in time. The only way I could see this causing a problem down the line is if someone else puts two and two together and we have to reveal we knew and didn't say anything, but even should such a scenario come, I think "we didn't want to pointlessly accuse you and hurt your feelings" is a decent enough reason, though a person in that emotional state probably wouldn't listen regardless of the reason.

I vote no as well.
I definitely think that telling him now will make him hate himself more, and that's definitely not what we want. Keeping closed lips for the time being is probably for the best, since I know that if I heard that, I would begin freaking out and quite possibly begin to lose parts of my sanity, even with a lover there. Best to not tell him and find the best moment later on. We do need to tell him, but I'm thinking that during an intimate moment, when he is more likely to listen and understand and HOPEFULLY, not have a mental breakdown. Maybe in the near future when there is a beautiful sunset, and our eyes are locked, and we slowly lean in to kiss...

Let's... Not tell Elias... At least... Not yet...

Unanimously...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosiegoodpointgaspohno.png

That's right...

Even IF you wanted to tell him AND had HARD evidence you COULD SHOW him... The only moment you can think where he would be calm enough... Would be an intimate moment...

And... You don't... really want... Your first PLANNED (at least, on YOUR END) intimate moment... to lead to telling him a horrible revelation...

No... Maybe you'll reconsider your decision if harder, physical evidence pops up (though, at the moment you can't really think of anything) but... For now... Yes, it's for the best you don't tell him your (strong) theory...

The only way I could see this causing a problem down the line is if someone else puts two and two together and we have to reveal we knew and didn't say anything, but even should such a scenario come, I think "we didn't want to pointlessly accuse you and hurt your feelings" is a decent enough reason, though a person in that emotional state probably wouldn't listen regardless of the reason.

Right...

You can't fathom Elias would be TOO angry even IF someone knew and put the pieces together once you explain THAT was your reasoning... And you have faith in him AND your guys' bond and love he'll actually hear you out...

He... He isn't like ANYONE you've EVER met before... He's... He's not like your ex-best friend before Corny...

Rosiestillremembers.png

Not like her at all...

Whatcouldgowrong.png

Besides, who on Cion Isle would even HAVE the pieces to put together, anyway???????

Eliasvs-Siafight1.png

Eliasand-Siastareoff.png

No one here even has a hint or a clue~!

...Right...?

Anyway, you need to focus on the battle in front of you because it could go right OR it could go very, VERY wrong!

Eliasand-Sia-VS.png

Eliasvs-Sia.png

COMING SOON, A SMALL LITTLE FIGHT PROGRAM!
>>CLICK HERE TO FIGHT ELYSIA!!!

CONTINUE ON ONCE YOU WIN!!!<<

YES!

ELIAS WINS!

ELIAS WINS!!!!!

Siadefeated.png

Eliashelpinghand1.png

Eliashelpinghand2.png

Elysiaaccepts-Elias.png

Friendship.png

Heh, as promised, Sia graciously accepts defeat and lets Elias help her up.

Rosiestillinhere.png

Rosiesohmuchbetter2.png

Lettherebelight.png

Clifthesun.png

And.png

Lettherebe-LOVE.png

Cuddle.png

Shadowoverthem.png

Siasighs1.png

Siasighs2.png

"Augh... Well, I suppose a promise is a promise..." She mutters, a little bitterly and VERY MUCH disappointedly, BUT not nasty or malignant enough for you to think she'll hold a grudge against you two over this...

Cuddling-Elias.png

After all... Elias won fair and square.

"Mmmhmmm, Thank you for joining us oh bearer of storms!" You cheer, loving her sense of justice and leadership already too much to really hold any ill will towards you...

Rosieand-Siasmile1.png

Rosieand-Siasmile2.png

In her own way... She did it because SHE loves YOU too, and you think you both know that.

Elias, as if coronating you a princess or something, pulls out your compass with its beautiful sky blue ribbon from his pocket and slips it over your head and around your neck and you sheepishly smile back at him while muttering an inaudible thank you.

"...So," Sia begins, clearly not wanting to waste any more time (you couldn't agree more!), and then sighs and adds while pointing to your compass, "That thing is how you found me, eh?"

"Mmmhmm," You nod with verve, continuing, "It tracks Crest-bearers via their lifeforce, pointing the way to them after the previous Crest-Bearer fuses a tad of their essence in it, so I just need you to zap this with your lightni---"

YoWTF.png

ACK!

G-GEEZ! SHE DIDN'T EVEN LET YOU FINISH THE SENTENCE!!!!

"Excellent. Now then, let me grab some things and we'll be on our way within the hour, I'm certain," Sia nods while turning away and probably heading towards her tent to fetch her things.

...Uh oh... She's stopping in front of Kay...

"Kay, you and Aditi are my most trusted soldiers, I have no doubt that, in my absence, you two wi--"

"AAAH! AAH!" You shout before you even realized what you were doing, and you lose control of your feet, running to Sia, Kay, and Aditi before you realize it.

"What is it?" Sia cocks her head in confusion and a bit of annoyance, "I need to appoint a General interim before I go, do I not?"

NOW HOLD ON ONE GOSH DARN SECOND--

"Y-YES, BUT I-I-I think there's already a Second-In-Command appoi--"

Allthenope.png

"Please do not tell me you mean that moron I appointed as the entrance lookout..."

Aheh.png

Yeah...

You shoulda gathered Sia's "assessment" of Clifton was why THE LITERAL SECOND-IN-COMMAND was on welcoming duty when you got here...

"NOW HANG ON--" Chase finally pipes up, "Now, I wouldn't MIND my wife being in charge, but you can't just UP END the laws! You weren't even REALLY LEGITIMATE to start because you're a woman, so there's no question that CLIF should be the General Interim!!"

Chasehmph.png

"Shoulda been and should STILL BE General if you ask me..."

Saythatagain-Sia.png

"What was that, Fallon?!"

Chasesaidwhathesaid.png

"I said what I said, "General"..."

"WHY YOU--"

Rosie-BOI1.png

Rosie-BOI2.png

"NOW EVERYONE JUST HOLD YOUR DARN HORSES AND SLOW ALL YOUR ROLLS," You (rather uncharacteristically) boom, unsure where all this boldness came from, but the little voice inside you that tells you right from wrong is telling you it's probably because YOU KNOW speaking up is the right thing to do...

Rosieasksplease.png

"Clif... Why don't you show Sia the sketches of your inventions? And your training plans for the camp that DON'T NEED STORMS? And share some battle strategies you have?"

Cliftakenaback.png

"H-huh? What? M-me?! But...H-how did you know I--"

Rosiesbluff.png

"Weeeell, I didn't KNOW KNOW for sure, buuuuut---"

Rosiesbluff2.png

"Throw enough lures and eventually you catch something~!"

Clifmistaken.png

"Heh heh..."

Eagerly, Clif rushes off to his tent, and you've got a feeling he's waited A LONG TIME to show these to the higher-ups...

Siaunamusedat-Clif.png

"Oh please, no..."

Rosiepuppydogeyes.png

"Just give him a chance, Sia... Please...?"

"...Fine,"
Sia sighs after making eye contact with you, "But I swear If the first thing I see is idiotic nothings I'm not letting that moron waste any more of our time, alright? Do we NOT have 2 more crest-bearers to find?"

"I-I know, but I also know I can't leave this place in good conscience until you realize that you're leaving it in CAPABLE HANDS when you leave it in Clif's!"

"We'll see about that..." Sia scoffs.

"I suppose if amusing Ro for a sec will soothe her the rest of the journey it might be worth it," Your big brother chimes in, exasperated.

"Give him a chance," You urge, pouting at Xander.

Clifruns.png

"GENERAL ELYSIA! GENERAL ELYSIA!"

Siaohlord.png

"Here we go..."

Siareadsandisshocked.png

...Oh?

Your facial expression grows goofier and goofier as you see Elysia's eyebrows raise slowly flipping through all the pages Clif essentially just (excitedly) shoved in her face... Curiosity overtakes you and you facetiously take a gander at else Clif has cooked up--

You can't understand them for the most part, but---

"These are some interesting inventions... It might take a bit to build..." You hear Sia mumble approvingly as she flips on--

"Living off the land... Less food carried, Less weight on horses, Less time--"

"Less time
the armies need to get to and fro the battlefield and possibly getting there FIRST and--"

"The more time to prep the land to OUR advantage..." Sia mutters, completing his sentence in shock and disbelief.

You can't help but be curious and take a peek at all the papers Clif brought and--

Clifnotes2.png

Huh... Hey... These battle strategies... They... kinda look (and now that you think about it, SOUND) familiar to you--

Wait--

WAIT--

WEREN'T THESE THE STRATEGIES THAT NAPOLEON BONAPARTE USED?! THE GREATEST GENERAL IN HISTORY?!

"M-may I see some of those?" You meekly ask, smiling sheepishly while hoping it's not too much to ask.

Absent-mindedly Sia hands you some of the papers Clif (basically) shoved in her face and--

Whoa... You can't read this language but--

Clifnotes.png

Well, it doesn't look like you really have to--

Clifnotesb.png

It looks like he's noting the foliage and what is and isn't safe to eat!

Holy Guacamole!!

and CLIF came up with these all by himself?!

No wonder Chase was so insistent Clif lead them... No wonder Cora chose him...!

Clifton-Brownside.png

Behind that goofy smile and overly-friendly face... Beats the heart of a warrior who loves his people and his Isle and always is thinking of new ways to help and protect them...!

He's more capable than Sia gives him credit for, and you dare say that He'd even be a better General than Sia herself!

Sure, Sia is quick, efficient, commanding, and DOES get things done... but... Clif is kind and charming and wins over the hearts of others quickly! He doesn't COMMAND respect when he walks into a room like Elysia does... He earns it.

You WANT to support this man who, goofy and silly as he is, surprisingly knows what he's doing and leaves things better than when he found them!

Chasesmiling.png

You definitely see the General that Chase saw inside Clifton all along... And you are OVERJOYED to see Clif get a chance to shine!

"You... YOU came up with these notes and strategies and inventions...? All by yourself...?" Sia questions, almost doubtfully, but as she keeps repeatedly skimming over them she MUST recognize his handwriting because the more she looks the less skeptical she seems.

"Y-yes, Ma'am," Clif gulps and nods, trying to appear confident at least.

"...These plans..." Sia begins slowly, clearly still processing these plans and these plans coming from Clif of all people, continuing, with, "My... My father, did you ever get to--"

"N-no, General... He... He passed on right before I got to show him..." Clif hangs his head and mutters sadly.

"Mmmn, I see..." Sia sighs sadly, and you hold your breath as she neatly shuffles the papers back into a neat stack in her hands--

Siasfatherwouldhavelovedthese.png

"...Heh. Well then. Guess there's only one thing left to do..."

Everyone-worried.png

Siabegins.png

"...Kay," She begins.

"Y-yes, Ge--"

Siacoysmirk.png

"Please go get my helmet and sword. I need to give it to the new General Interim here."

Everyone-worried2.png

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!! A THOUSAND TIMES OVER YES!!!!!!!!!

OH MAN, YOU FEEL LIKE YOU COULD FREAKIN' FLY RIGHT NOW, YOU SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

KayHappy.png

"Yes, Ge--- Er, Ely--"

"Sia. You may all call me Sia. Please. Everyone: I am Sia. Sia Desmond," She states, turning to you, and---

Siasmilesbright.png

"And I am proud to join the Hierophant and fellow Crest-bearers in our destiny to summon Celosia and save Cion Isle," She confidently proclaims.

Fiveoutofseven.png

>> ACQUIRED THE BEARER OF THE CELOSIAN CREST OF STORMS<<
YES! YEAH BAY-BEE! WE HAVE CREST-BEARER NUMBER 5! YOU REPEAT: We have crest-bearer NUMBER FIVE!

Just TWO MORE!
JUST TWO MORE!

WOO!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
BOO-YAH!

Rosieheywaitasec.png

...Something inside you tells you that mmmaaaaaaaayyybbbeeeee you should slow your rolls--

Rosieheywaitasec2.png

Oh, here comes Kay with the helmet and sword!!!!

You have the biggest, goofiest smile as Kay doesn't run up to Sia... but CLIF.

Clif-OMGOMG.png

Clif gets teary-eyed and emotional as he takes the General's helmet and sword from her and -- OH DARNIT, NOW YOU'RE GETTING TEARY EYED AND EMOTIONAL!

Rosie-OMGOMG.png

It's like you flashed forward in time and are watching your son graduate from college! Or high school!

"Take GOOD CARE of that sword and helmet, Brownside," Sia warns sternly with a slight frown on her face, "...They belonged to my father. I expect it in the same condition when I get back, you understand?"

Clifsalute.png

"Yes Ma'am!"

"...You've got quite the shoes to fill. I expect you to keep these Soldiers in line and in tip-top shape, is that also understood, Brownside?"

Clifhappilyaccepts.png

"Got it!"

Siaand-Clifshakehands.png

"Well then, General Interim... I leave this army in your surprisingly capable hands...!"

Clifputsonthehelmet1.png

Clifputsonthehelmet2.png

Clifputsonthehelmet3.png

>> THANKS TO YOU, THE HIEROPHANT OF SKIES, CLIFTON BROWNSIDE BECAME THE NEW INTERIM GENERAL OF CION ISLE'S WHOLE ARMY<<
Ladies and Gentlemen... You are OVER THE MOON to introduce the new leader of Cion Isle's soldiers: General Clifton Brownside!

You clap happily and (not able to help yourself) give Clif the biggest, tightest bear hug in congratulations you could muster!

"I-I wonder wh-what I should do f-first...?" He nervously chuckles, not seriously asking you, of course, but more pondering to himself out loud.

"You're their new leader now, Clif--"

Rosie-Clara.png

"Inspire them..."

Cliftearsup.png

Cliftearsup2.png

Clif turns to face his new soldiers under him and takes a deep breath, then clears his throat...

"...Everyone," Clif begins after taking a moment, confidently, as the new tone and confidence in his voice finish painting the General he always was in his heart into the eyes of the rest of the soldiers and Clifton's true inner General begins to shine through--

General-Brownside.png

"I know that... This is a big change... And... To some of us, change is... Change is not a good thing---"

Siadontcry.png

"Change can be something... or SOMEONE lost... being replaced... Even when, in our hearts, they are irreplaceable..."

Clifsfriends.png

"It can mean something not being made in quite the same way if even remade at all... Or someplace being run quite differently than it was before..."

Clifdetermined.png

"But I know not all change is bad... Because when that change causes a boy to change into a man... Or a girl to change into a woman... Now a little stronger and a little wiser... When that change causes hearts once sealed tight to finally open up to each other and new ways of thinking, which might lead to more love... Then... Well, how bad can it really be?"

Rosie-Clara2.png

"Change is inevitable. We CAN'T STOP CHANGE. Nor should we try to. When we try to STOP CHANGE to keep what we love... The irony is that the love in our hearts turns into hatred. Our hatred of change consumes us like the plague of consumption. We need to embrace change, and love change as much as we love each other. I know Celosia would want us to LOVE, above all else. I would be honored if you all fought alongside me with hearts open to change..."

Clifsmilesinhelmet.png

"...And besides, some things, no matter HOW MUCH TIME PASSES... No matter WHAT happens... Some things..."

Somethingsneverchange1.png

Somethingneverchange2.png

"Will NEVER change."

Clifpleadstohissoldiers.png

"So I implore you all from the bottom of my heart: Please accept this change into your hearts... And I don't mean me as General Interim: I mean having both men AND women working in tandem... Like Celosia had probably always intended and like we should have ALWAYS been all along--"

AsOne1.png

"AS ONE!!!!!"

AsOne2.png

Epluribusunum.png

To quote one of your favorite superheroines:
"Out of many different people, you make one country
Out of many flawed ideas, you create one that works"
Out of many hearts, they all follow one beat...
Out of many, one...

A loud, thunderous cheer comes from ALL THE SOLDIERS as Clif's words lit the fire and LOVE in their hearts but GOOD!

"THREE CHEERS FOR THE NEW GENERAL INTERIM BROWNSIDE!" Stone practically ROARS like a dang LION, probably as loud as he's ever been in his whole life!

Hiphiphooray.png

"HIP HIP HOORAY!!"

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
"HIP HIP HOORAY!!"

Clifcriesjoy.png

"HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!"

Bondsof-Brotherhood.png

"Heh heh heh," Chase snickers as the cheers and laughter dies down to make room for the new General Interim to make their very first command, "What says the new Interim General is the first order of business?"

"Well--" Clif begins, then pauses to look around at the beautiful, crystal clear blue sky, "I think we had better start building some of my inventions! With a clear SKY and no more constant rains, we're gonna need to have equipment sorted out and such!"

"Right-o, General Brownside!" Chase all too happily accepts this order while taking some blueprints Cli-- Er, General Brownside hands him.

Chasetoococky.png

"You ladies ready for some hard labor and even HARDER training afterward?"

Kayretorts.png

"You men just TRY TO KEEP UP~!"

You wave goodbye happily to the soldiers as they run off to gather this and that to start building General Brownside's inventions... And keep smiling as Clif stays behind, probably to see you guys off!

"Best of luck to you, General Interim Brownside," You say, beaming with pride at Clif like he was your own son.

"Yeah... Thank you SO MUCH for vouching for me!" Clif exhales confidently, then looks proudly at his new soldiers to train scrambling to gather things to build his inventions, "It was about time the men and women worked together, side by side... I daresay as Celosia intended! I know women are sacred and not meant to see a battlefield with blood decorating its land... But... I think if women want to fight as one alongside us, that's wonderful! They mother us and feel more pain in doing so than a man will EVER feel... Er, physically, at least! It seems almost an insult to NOT let them fight by our side! Our greatest knight, we just learned, WAS a woman, after all, for Celosia's sake! One of the men she mothered is right here even!"

HoldUp.png

WAIT.

WAIT.

SO IT WASN'T MISOGYNY THAT KEPT WOMEN FROM FIGHTING, BUT BECAUSE WOMEN WERE CONSIDERED TOO SACRED TO FIGHT ALONGSIDE?!

...Whoa...

Clifbeamingwithpride.png

" --And speaking of mothers, What do you think of the most important, most B-E-A-UTIFUL mother on Cion Isle--"

Poker-Face.png

Uh oh... You really, really hope this isn't going to go where you KNOW it's going to go...

"I mean... Now that men AND WOMEN can be soldiers..."

Celosia please give you strength...

"I COULD INVITE MY SWEET, LOVELY CORA HERE!!!!"

Rosiedead.png

Yep. That's about where you thought this was headed.

Clifstates1.png

"Now, I know that she's Helli-- Er, I-I mean her majesty's retainer and all, BUUUUT: Well, I figure you're already almost done and she would still have Elmiel still with her!"

Clifstates2.png

"Besides, it's not like Hellie ABSOLUTELY NEEDS Cora right now, right? Nothing Elmiel couldn't handle OR that she would pressingly NEED to stay for, right???"

Poker-Face1.png

...UH...

Poker-Face2.png

...YEAH...

Poker-Face3.png

....ABOUT THAT...

>> WHAT WILL YOU TELL GENERAL BROWNSIDE?

-THAT CORA SHOULD STAY IN AURAN
-THAT CORA SHOULD LEAVE AURAN

CHOOSE WISELY<<

Last edited:
Can’t fully agree on that speech about change, but that’s a subject for another time. I also can’t seem to remember Cora’s deal so I’m gonna do a bit of a shot in the dark here, and vote for us to tell her to stay. Feel free to convince me otherwise though.

Oh dear... While I'm sure that Cora would be more than capable here, she does have a very important obligation to the queen due to the child. It would probably be best to say that she can't come. But how to phrase it? Perhaps we could say that the queen would feel uneasy without Cora? Or am I overthinking too much?

I also think that it's probably best if Cora stays in Auran. Correct me if I'm mixing people up here, but not only is there the matter of Hellie's pregnancy, but also Cora has a young child herself, doesn't she? I'm not sure if bringing Synne here (or possibly worse, separating him from both his parents by leaving him in Auran) is such a good idea, and Clif would understand that, wouldn't he?

Rosalina Chandra

Can’t fully agree on that speech about change, but that’s a subject for another time. I also can’t seem to remember Cora’s deal so I’m gonna do a bit of a shot in the dark here, and vote for us to tell her to stay. Feel free to convince me otherwise though.
Oh dear... While I'm sure that Cora would be more than capable here, she does have a very important obligation to the queen due to the child. It would probably be best to say that she can't come. But how to phrase it? Perhaps we could say that the queen would feel uneasy without Cora? Or am I overthinking too much?
I also think that it's probably best if Cora stays in Auran. Correct me if I'm mixing people up here, but not only is there the matter of Hellie's pregnancy, but also Cora has a young child herself, doesn't she? I'm not sure if bringing Synne here (or possibly worse, separating him from both his parents by leaving him in Auran) is such a good idea, and Clif would understand that, wouldn't he?

Tell him Cora should stay in Auran unanimously...

Hrmmm...

Cora also needs to take care of Synne, and while you're sure Misty and their mother are more than capable of taking care of that very serious baby... Maybe separating Synne from his parents if Cora doesn't bring him here isn't a good idea?

Plus, Hellie's bound to start showing any day now... Isn't she?

Maybe... Maybe Cora should staaayyyyyy?

For now, at least...

"Uh-Uhm, Clif... M-maybe Cora should stay in Auran with Synne? You know, let's not separate him from BOTH his parents...?" You sheepishly suggest...

“Eh… Oh, I know… I just... I trust Scarlet, er, Cora’s mom, and Misty would keep him safe while Cora and I trained, OR she could bring him here and drop him off a little up north in Sagemarsh to have my dad look after him…?” Clif kinda mumbles off sadly, hesitant probably because, deep down, you bet he knows you're right and he would feel better if had YOUR blessing to bring his wife and son here.

“That’s a lot of travel for a baby, though, don’t you think?” You ask the new Interim General, and he kinda agrees based on his expression.

"A-Aw, you think so?" Clif asks, seemingly changing his mind on inviting his wife here at YOUR suggestion, defeated.

"Y-yeah..." You respond, kinda hanging your head as you hate separating families, but you can't in good conscious LIE to Clif when he asks for your opinion on something...

"Well, I guess you're right... I'm sorry... I guess I just miss them both so much, you know? Every moment without them feels like an eternity..." Clif mutters sadly.

Aw geez... You don't want Clif SAD his very first hour of being in charge!

"Don't worry, Interim General," You begin consolingly, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, adding, "You'll be together with Cora and Synne again soon, I promise."

"Heh, I know you're right," Clif smiles.

Rosieand-Clifhug-50.png

You know... It's way, WAY too soon to be thinking about this, but... When you and Elias get married... And have children... If your son grows up to be HALF the person Clif is...

Well...

You think you'd be pleased as a pumpkin...

Siacalls-50.png

"Alright, my stuff is almost all loaded into your caravan! We're almost all ready to go, just one more thing!" Sia announces while approaching your group.

"Right! Time to check where our new destinat---"

"Elias! Go see Stone and Aditi! They are barber surgeons who can help clean up that BROOM on top of your head you call hair!" Sia teased him while chuckling and you cover your mouth to hold back a chortle.

You were NOT ready for Sia to just ROAST your poor Elias like that and the sound that came out of your mouth when you covered it in order to keep from guffawing was just SO unladylike.

"H-hey! Wh-what's wrong with my hair?" Elias asks, attempting to defend himself, but then feeling his gorgeous golden hair and looking uncomfortable when he realized it WAS getting to be a little long.

"Oh, nothing aside from the fact that it looks like you have broom bristles for hair! It's so unkempt and the longer it gets, the less appealing it looks!" Sia chuckles while teasing him and ruffling her hand through his hair.

"Oh come on, Sia, he still looks wonderful! What does it matter that he's growing his hair out?" You try to hide a giggle as you ask what Sia's problem with your love's hair is.

Sia looks at Elias, nonplussed, and raises a brow at him while asking, "Well, ARE you growing your hair out, then?"

"E-eh?! What?! N-n-no, I-I'm not growing my hair out o-or anything...!!" Elias... surprisingly gets defensive and evasive as he protests the idea he's growing his hair out...

Huh? What's wrong with growing his hair out? Is long hair a "girl's only" thing or something?

Mmmn, No, can't be: Elmiel has long hair!

Elmielmaybe-50.png

Hey! Elias would probably look A LOT like Elmiel if HE grew his hair out, too!

"Then? Go get these bristles cleaned up! No cousin of mine is going around Auran looking like he could sweep the floor with his head! Come on, I'll go with you, I'm overdue for a trim, too!" Sia teased while smacking his back as she directed him towards Stone and Aditi.

"A-alright, alright, I-I could use a trim anyway, you're right," Elias mumbles shyly, and you can't help but wonder if he HAD intended on growing his hair out and is kinda urged him into this...

Xantarra runs ahead of the relatives and stops them in their tracks, then tilts her head in confusion and makes an adorable questioning sound.

You giggle and smile, happy to know you're not the only curious one here, and you can guess if she could she would be asking "Where are you guys going?"

"Er, and let's take the wild girl with us... It looks like her hair was lopped off in hurried desperation or something..."

RUDE-50.png

"HEY!" You retort, not approving of her assessment of YOUR JOB cutting your precious Xannie's hair...

...Even if it WAS cut in hurried desperation...

THERE WAS MOLD ON IT, OKAY?!!?!

You sigh heavily as you let Sia, Elias, and Xannie walk away to get a haircut you're pretty sure Elias didn't really want and wonder if maybe you should have tried to stop Sia's urging...

"He'll be fine," Xander reassures you, nudging you with his big ol' elbow, "Just show him how to take care of long hair as it keeps growing and he won't have to cut it when it grows out again."

"I wonder why he wants to grow it out?" You ponder out loud.

"Beat's me. He can look like Elmiel all he wants, but end of the day Elias is Elias and Elmiel is Elmiel," Xander shrugs.

Heh heh, yeah... Silly Elias... Growing out your hair won't make you more like Elmiel on the inside... Why would he even want to look like Elm---

Yay-50.png

...Oh.

...OH.

...Suddenly, as terrible as it makes you feel, you suddenly feel VERY supportive of Elias getting his hair cut...

You weren't waiting very long while your love, little sister, and a new teammate were getting new hairstyles, but the rest of your crew decided it was better to wait for them to see the new destination anyway, out of courtesy.

Papa and Big brother help the soldiers of Levi Plains load up the last of Sia's things on the caravan, and uh... Some things you can understand she'd wanna bring, like spare clothes and personal items and stuff... but there things...

Lotsaweapns-50.png

okbutwhytho-50.png

You suspect maybe she's trolling you guys or something...

"Rosie! Ro!" Comes the voice of the love of your life and you beam as you turn your attention away from the Caravan and towards where the voice is coming and---

Eliasnewhair-50.png

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLYYY---

Rosieinlove-50.png

OMG OMG OMG OMG AND THIS ****ING SUPERMODEL IS YOUR BOYFRIEND! HOLY S***, HOLY S***, HOLY S***!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sianewhair-50.png

OH! And Sia looks amazing, too!

Rosiehmmm-50.png

Huh... She used to have her eye covered up, right?
Just like Elmiel, right?

Strange... Seeing the entirety of her gorgeous face just out there makes you kinda wonder what all of ELMIEL'S face looks like...
You wonder... Does Hellie know what it looks like??

"Oh well, Anyway," You think to yourself as you brush these thoughts off, as they aren't relevant right now, and bust out the compass and map so that you guys can finally get to your next destination!

Yes!

At long last, you guys are on your way to find...

Oh cheese! You guys are on crest-bearer number 6!! NUMBER 6! The second to last one!

Wow, wow, wow!

You're almost there! You're almost there!

awgeez-50.png

Wait...
The second to last crest-bearer...

Siaand-Xannie-50.png

You love Sia already, but...
But she might just be too much to flush or fish anyone out of the forest... Including Calliope!

Asking Sia to storm up the forest can only result in a disaster that is the combination of Papa's AND Adrian's crests going overboard with storms!

Oh no...

That's it... You're done...

If this crest-bearer isn't whoever will help you get to whoever you need to in the forest, then...

Mission failed.

Game Over, man... Game Over!

"Please, Oh please, Celosia... Let this be it... Let THEM be the one to help us... Please... PLEASE!" You beg to the Deity you are the Hierophant of silently as you and your crew stare at the map and then at the new destination the compass' needle is pointing:

CionIsle.png

It ... It is pointing almost perfectly Northwest...

For some reason, seeing this, your stomach starts to lurch...
Well, you don't know exactly why, but after a few seconds when clogs start turning in your family's heads and every face becomes grim and dark you feel that lurch isn't coming out of thin air...

Well... All of theirs except Sia's.

Sia looks furious,
She's p***ed! Her face is red and you SWEAR you heard a blood vessel pop looking at her!!!

"...O-ok, s-so... A-a-a-according to the compass, the next places a crest-bearer could be a-are either Sagemarsh OR Celosia's---"

Siaverymad-50.png

"DO NOT FINISH THAT SENTENCE."

Sia is basically a second from going full rage as storms begin to surround your party and lightning and thunder roar as stormclouds once again cloud the once glorious sapphire blue sky.

Elias and Adrian rush to her, counseling her and calming her down... Assuring her that the next crest-bearer is indeed in SAGEMARSH and that it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to be ANYWHERE ELSE.

You stiffen up and clench the compass as Adrian even points out that Clif just said his father is there, and Sia liked his father, so the party could go visit him while there!

Hanging your head, you stare at the map once again... And look at the other place they could possibly be: The Ruins of Celosia...

It didn't mean much to you at first glance, and if Elmiel told you anything about it you've long since forgotten... But you wish you hadn't! It might be a valuable clue as to why your cousin and love are comforting your Stormbringer...

Papa, who stayed behind to be by YOUR side is staring at the scene in solemn silence... And you take a deep breath and gulp as you know what you have to do now...

"P-papa...?" You meekly manage to peep out... and you're trying not to start trembling as, upon a closer glance you can see...

He's a bit upset as well...

"Yes, sweetheart?" He answers, snapped out of whatever he was in because of you.

"Wh-why... Why is Sia... S-s-suddenly... Y-you know..." You mutter, going into full little kid mode and clinging to him like a darn 5-year-old because you now have a horrible, looming feeling of dread all over your entire little body, and it is overwhelming you while your love is busy trying to keep his cousin from frying the whole place!

"...The Ruins of Celosia go by another name, Sweetheart," Papa grunts, looking down displeasedly.

"O-oh...?" You ask, though you've got a feeling you're gonna wish you hadn---

Rosiegasps1-50.png

"The tomb of the Exalted Emperor."

T...

TOMB?!

EXALTED EMPEROR?!

"E-e-e-e-exalted... Emperor...?! N-not, like, THE Emperor as in the---"

"--Very first Emperor who gave his life to lift this Isle and save us all? Yes... That would be the one..."

Oh no...

No no no no no no no no no no--

"There are SEVERAL centuries worth of laws prohibiting ANYONE from going near there... Sagemarsh is right on the brink of where the prohibited border is... Only once a year is a special crew there to keep the tomb clean and set offerings... And it is NOWHERE near that time of year yet..."

Oh Celosia...

Oh no...

"S-so if... If there's anyone there..."

"They are absolutely breaking several laws... And are most likely there to rob the Emperor's grave... Even the sacred tomb cleaning crew must be accompanied by a descendant of his lineage...Which in this modern day and age... is the Empress..."

Rosie-OHNO-50.png

NO!

Oh Celosia, NO!

You can't go all the way back to Auran to go get Hellie if they end up being... B-being...

Oh Celosia, you feel sick just thinking about it...!!!!!!!!!!!

N-no, no!

Celosia wouldn't DO THAT!

They wouldn't... They wouldn't bless a GRAVEROBBER!!!

No, no never!

"S-so... Sagemarsh... D-definitely... DEFINITELY Sagemarsh..."

"One can hope..." Papa mutters, hoping for the best... But expecting the worst...

You take a moment to breathe some long exhales and inhales... This is A LOT to take in and A LOT to bank on...

You literally don't know what you're going to do if Crest-bearer #6 isn't in Sagemarsh...

You sigh as you roll the map back up and put it back in its scroll and...

Hmmm...

As you give your compass a second or so glance, you swear something is peculiar... The needle... It...

It isn't moving... It's just... Dutifully pointing the way steadily...

Mmm, no, It's always done that, right...? You're still a bit of way away from the next crest-bearer, so a perfectly still arrow is normal, right?

Celosia... The world is spinning around you as all of this is dizzying, and you can't believe everything went from wonderful to hopeless so quickly... You were RELYING on this person... They were your ONLY hope of finding Calliope in the forest safely!

You're relying on a literal graverobber to help you save Cion...

What are you going to do now...?

You look at the scene with Elias, Adrian, and Sia and it seems in your absence they DID manage to finally calm Sia down, and the clear, blue sunny skies shine once again and you can't help but smile at the beautiful sky above as the suns rays kiss your face.

You take a deep breath and ground yourself, staying so cool you're frosty, as your brother would want.

"I know what you're thinking," Your brother, right on cue, finds his way beside you, and you think you're about to hear words you really, REALLY need to, right now, "This looks BAD. This... This IS bad... But... I think, out of ANYONE here... YOU have to have faith in Celosia: So far, despite everything, you've found the crest-bearers safe and, Sia being an exception, in good health. Even then, you HEALED her, so..."

!!!!!

He's right!

"This doesn't look good for number six, being honest, but even if they DO end up being in the tomb, I have no doubt in my mind they're there for a GOOD reason. They wouldn't be there if they didn't have a good reason. Celosia chose them for a reason as well, right? They wouldn't choose someone who would BLATANTLY disrespect THEIR OWN SON, after all."

Big brother...

Xanderstayfrosty-50.png

"Don't worry. Stay calm. We got this. They're good. They're gonna help. You just wait and see, okay?"

Iloveyoubigbrother-50.png

"Yeah! Thanks, Big brother!"

With renewed vigor after hearing this version of your big brother's "stay frosty" speech, you decide its time to stop letting fear and worry consume you and do something productive:

Adrian reminded you that Clif DID say his dad was in Sagemarsh, and maybe that's not a coincidence?

Perhaps Clif needs you to relay a message to him?
Maybe you guys SHOULD visit his father and see if his father needs anything?

You approach Sia with a consoling smile and she nods approvingly at you--

>>SUGGEST TO VISIT CLIF'S FATHER? Y/N<<

Last edited:
I think we should suggest it. There is no harm in going to visit Clif's father, and it seems to be somewhat along the way, too, so we shouldn't lose too much time. Also, maybe he knows if someone passed through the area recently (though hopefully not with the Ruins as their goal...)? In the best case, we can deliver a message from Clif (if he wants us to) and find our next crest-bearer sooner.

Well, other than being in Sagemarch, it's not like we got a real clue where the crestbearer might be. So we might as well suggest a visit, and try to gleam some info there.

I absolutely think we should visit Clif's father. What I'm really worried about is what we are going to do if the 6th crestbearer is in the ruins. I'm honestly a bit worried that Sia is going to try and kill them. And that would be really bad. So if they are in the Ruins, that's going to be a huge problem. Also, why isn't the compass moving anymore? Shouldn't the compass be pointing at least slightly towards the forest, or moving slightly? What if the person in the forest is... Dead?

Rosalina Chandra

I think we should suggest it. There is no harm in going to visit Clif's father, and it seems to be somewhat along the way, too, so we shouldn't lose too much time. Also, maybe he knows if someone passed through the area recently (though hopefully not with the Ruins as their goal...)? In the best case, we can deliver a message from Clif (if he wants us to) and find our next crest-bearer sooner.
Well, other than being in Sagemarch, it's not like we got a real clue where the crestbearer might be. So we might as well suggest a visit, and try to gleam some info there.
I absolutely think we should visit Clif's father. What I'm really worried about is what we are going to do if the 6th crestbearer is in the ruins. I'm honestly a bit worried that Sia is going to try and kill them. And that would be really bad. So if they are in the Ruins, that's going to be a huge problem. Also, why isn't the compass moving anymore? Shouldn't the compass be pointing at least slightly towards the forest, or moving slightly? What if the person in the forest is... Dead?

Visit Clif's Dad unanimously!

"They'll be at Sagemarsh, and if Clif's dad has been there a while, then it's probably for the best that we ask him about the locals in order to find number 6," You state the cold, hard facts to Sia, wrapping your hand around your compass a little tighter...

Why isn't the compass moving anymore? Shouldn't the compass be pointing at least slightly towards the forest, or moving slightly? What if the person in the forest is... Dead?

Rosiesuddenrealization.png

More and more... You can't help but worry this lurch in your stomach might be right...

Celosia... You need to hurry!

Compass.png

And this darn compass... This darn compass with a perfectly stagnant needle...

You struggle to flashback to when you were first looking for Adrian... The needle remained a little stagnant, but even then it was still sort of shifting a bit...

Maybe when you get closer to Sagemarsh it will begin to move?

As Papa said, "One can hope"...

Jeez, NONE OF THIS looks good or is making you feel good right now...

worrywart-Rosie.png

Just what is going on...?

"Did you hear what Sia said, love?" Elias' bright, cheery voice is a beacon of hope amidst all this stormy weather and you snap back to reality when he places a gentle hand on your shoulder.

"Eh?! Ah, oh, uh--"

"I'm gonna go make sure all our supplies are in our wagon, and when you get back we can meet her horse: Zeus!"

Rosiefitting1.png

How fitting...

Rosiefitting2.png

Wait, what--?!

"Oh, uh, where am I going?"

"To ask Clif where his dad resides in Sagemarsh, silly!" Elias snickers and kisses your forehead before walking towards your crew's wagon.

"Er, Right," You mutter sheepishly while making your way toward Clif.

"Alright, so, after we build this, we're gonna need to move around some--"

"Clif! Hey Clif!" You call as you approach him, smiling ear to ear seeing him in action.

"Ah! Hey Rosie, what is it?" He asks, also smiling.

"So... We're headed towards Sagemarsh, and I remember you said your dad was there, and we were wondering if there was a message or something you wanted us to tell him since we're heading there?" You offer happily.

Clifexclamation.png

"Oh!"

Clifexclamation2.png

"Well, thanks to YOU, I guess there IS some news I'd like my dad to know right away! It's not every day his son becomes the interim General!"

"Right, good idea!"

"His house is right next to the Inn, since my uncle, his brother, runs it! If you're spending the night in Sagemarsh it's not out of your way at all! Thank you so much, Rosie! Oh! Oh! And could you tell my old man not to worry and that I'll do him proud as well, please?"

Rosiesmile10.png

"Can do!"

You return to your wagon to see the horses are being fed for their task ahead by SIA of all people! (You think Dewdrop might still be holding a grudge for earlier but it's hard to bite the hand that feeds!)

Siaanddewdrop.png

whatsthis.gif

It's kinda cute!

You DO love her, but... You can't lie to yourself:

What I'm really worried about is what we are going to do if the 6th crestbearer is in the ruins. I'm honestly a bit worried that Sia is going to try and kill them. And that would be really bad.

From the way Sia reacted at just the mention of going to Celosia's ruins... You fear this is EXACTLY what she may do...

She once relied on this great power, but... If they're breaking laws and committing sacrilege by tomb-raiding the first Emperor's grave... then...

You bite your lip and shudder at the thought.

What should you do?
What WILL you do?
...Goodness... What even CAN you do?

With a deep, exasperated sigh you clutch the compass in your hand and...

Instead of hanging your head in hopelessness...

You instead look to the sky...

Perhaps you think, maybe, you'd catch a glimpse of the sky deity?
Perhaps you'd catch a curious cloud that may be able to be interpreted as a clue?
OR perhaps you simply got tired of hanging your head...

But for whatever reason, you find yourself staring at the beautiful, vast blue sky...

As you stare into the sky, begging to know the answers, you decide now, as good a time as any, to recap what you already know and can extrapolate from what you know about Crest-bearer number 6:

So, so far you know that crest-bearer number six is powerful and a graverobber... They also have no respect for the law or authority if THAT'S the grave they're robbing... And an opportunist to be robbing the ONE GRAVE ON THIS ISLE guaranteed to have the most treasures...

Wait a second...

What if you're going about this all wrong?

What if you don't need to know about crest-bearer number six... but rather their destination?

Something is wrong.

Even down to the needle pointing to them is odd...

What you didn't ask earlier then you're gonna make up for NOW.

You know the First Emperor died to raise the Isle, right? HOW, EXACTLY, DID HIS DEATH TRIGGER THE RAISING OF THE ISLE?
Were there any enchantments placed on the tomb SPECIFICALLY to deal with graverobbers...?
Celosia forbid, but you NEED TO BE PREPARED JUST IN CASE, number six IS there... What EXACTLY do they expect to find???

The son of the deity BACK IN YOUR WORLD didn't leave an exact location of their grave... But they did leave behind a holy relic... What if Crest-bearer number 6 is willing to risk it all for a holy relic of THIS world???

...What are you doing, why are you comparing the son of the deity of THIS WORLD to the son of the deity of YOUR world?!

You're grasping at straws here, but they're all you got!

Alright, you need MORE INFORMATION, ASAP!

You frown as you ground yourself from your wandering and pondering and bring your attention back to your group: Oh no! It looks like loading is done and now everyone is deciding where to sit!!

You need to pick someone to sit with and ask more about their history on the way to Sagemarsh!

It's not a lot of time to learn, but ANY CLUE will do! It will have to!!!

>>WHO WILL YOU CHOOSE?

-PAPA
-BIG BROTHER
-ELIAS
-SIA
-ADRIAN<<

Last edited:
I'm thinking we talk to Papa. He had that book we couldn't read, so maybe there's something in there that could tell us about the First emperor. Plus, he has all that Papa wisdom. He has to know somoething.

Rosie doesn’t know this, but from the other segment we are aware of the fact something pretty nasty can happen to Rose if she completes her quest… In which case, the tomb may have a clue into that, and to what exactly happens during the event, and if that’s the case, it might save Rose’s life.

Just some food for thought for now.

As for clues… Sia is the one we’ve spent least amount of time with, but she’s definitely the type to look into and think about things before jumping into a situation and on a regular basis. I think there’s a lot she knows we haven’t talked to her enough to uncover yet, so she might know something that will give clarity to this situation.

Rosie doesn’t know this, but from the other segment we are aware of the fact something pretty nasty can happen to Rose if she completes her quest… In which case, the tomb may have a clue into that, and to what exactly happens during the event, and if that’s the case, it might save Rose’s life.
Good point!

But while I'm sure Sia would strictly be the best when it comes to information about the Tomb, isn't she going to fly into a rage again if we mention it (and thus remind her somebody might be there without the proper authority)? I don't know how helpful it would be to ask her at the moment.

Kai and Xander both seemed to know a thing or two, too, so I'll second asking Papa (so we don't end up with a three-way tie on this decision). And maybe we can even work the book into our questions as well.

Good point!

But while I'm sure Sia would strictly be the best when it comes to information about the Tomb, isn't she going to fly into a rage again if we mention it (and thus remind her somebody might be there without the proper authority)? I don't know how helpful it would be to ask her at the moment.

Kai and Xander both seemed to know a thing or two, too, so I'll second asking Papa (so we don't end up with a three-way tie on this decision). And maybe we can even work the book into our questions as well.

To be fair, while she did fly into a rage earlier, she was caught by surprise. She might be more calm and have had time to think about it more rationally by now.

Rosalina Chandra

I'm thinking we talk to Papa. He had that book we couldn't read, so maybe there's something in there that could tell us about the First emperor. Plus, he has all that Papa wisdom. He has to know somoething.

Just some food for thought for now.

As for clues… Sia is the one we’ve spent least amount of time with, but she’s definitely the type to look into and think about things before jumping into a situation and on a regular basis. I think there’s a lot she knows we haven’t talked to her enough to uncover yet, so she might know something that will give clarity to this situation.
Good point!

To be fair, while she did fly into a rage earlier, she was caught by surprise. She might be more calm and have had time to think about it more rationally by now.
Papa, 2 to 1!

Ichooseyou-Papachu.png

"Papa! Papa!" You call out to your (foster) father, running up to him as words were already being exchanged about who sits in the back with you and Xannie sweet girl, who drives and sits next to the driver, and who rides Zeus.

"Oh? Yes, little one?" He smiles, now directing his attention to you.

Papaplz.png

"C-can I sit with you in the back of the Caravan, Please, Papa?" You ask, again reverting back to a five-year-old as you do so (You KNOW you're not a child anymore, you are sixteen years old, but... Well...

Sometimes you can't help it since you didn't really have a father growing up in those years...

Papasaysyes.png

"Of course, sweetheart," He answers warmly.

You beam back at him and run faster to catch up to him and follow him into the back of the wagon.

Since the back of your caravan only comfortably holds up to four people, Cousin Adrian also joins you in the back!

Papa helps hold a sheet up for some privacy while you change OUT of your jammies and into a regular dress and you decide to brush and restyle your hair while you're at it: You've got a feeling it's gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG DAY.

"Oki, I'm all dressed and decent now, thank you, Papa!" You cheer as you pop your head out from behind the sheet.

"...Did you wanna talk about something, sweetheart?" Papa puts down the sheet and asks as soon as all of you get comfortable, and as you look at him while snuggling comfy next to him he extrapolates, "You just seemed like something was urgently on your mind, is all."

Aboutthem1.png

"Mmmm, yeah, kinda...."

Aboutthem2.png

"Papa... Can you... Can you tell me more about the First Emperor? More specifically... Exactly h-how they died?"

Papaand-Adrian1.png

Papaand-Adrian2.png

One look between them and you're sure they've pieced together why you're asking about this... You kinda give both of them a sad look as the wagon bumps and cricks, signaling it's begun to move.

You look at the compass, which HAS changed... almost...

It is now perfectly pointing NORTH as you and your family head towards Sagemarsh...

...The needle remains ever stagnant yet again...

"H-he..." You hear your cousin begin shakily and you jolt your head up and divert your attention to him instead of the peculiar needle.

Adrianexplains.png

"He gave every bit of magic power inside of him... All of it..."

"Wh-what...?"

Papa-Explains.png

"When the word that the Celosians would have crest-bearers came about the Kingdom of Neptnea, prophesized by the Hierophant of Tides, of course, rumors turned into confirmation that Tritenas and all their forces, as well as the Terrains, would attack the Celosians... Seeking to WIPE THEM OUT--"

SayWHAT.png

WHAT?! WIPE THEM ALL OUT?!
LIKE... GENOCIDE?!?!?!?!

"The good Emperor went to his mother's holy shrine, Now ruins, and prayed as they released every bit of power they had in their body to carve out and raise the isle to save their people..."

"S-so... I-in releasing all their power..."

"W-well... When dispersing so much magic at once... Even for the great god-emperor... There was a heavy price to pay..."

Of course... Everything comes with a price... Sometimes you just don't know HOW or WHEN you pay for it...

"They say he was petrified... Forever sealed within the stone of the shrine..."

Ohdear.png

Oh... Poor Emperor...!

"The first Empress, in her heartbreak at losing her beloved husband... They say she only was able to look upon it once... And then couldn't bring herself to revisit the shrine ever again... That is why the once glorious Shrine of Celosia became the Ruins... Eventually, their child, when they came of age, wanted to honor their father and declared the laws and edicts regarding the cleaning of the Ruins... But..."

"The first Empress never set foot upon it again... After... After she saw..."

"Yes..."

This story is common knowledge, right? So then... Crest-bearer number six...

Oh dear...

"I wonder if he knew she was with child..." You suddenly hear Papa mutter, more to himself than you and cousin Adrian, but that still managed to send your eyebrows sky high.

"B-beg pardon?" You ask for clarification.

"Ah, forgive me, I was just remembering reading near the end of my ancestor's journal, and it seemed as if his wife being with child was a surprise... It was only a few months after his sacrifice that she gave birth, after all..."

SAYWHAT2.png

"WHOA, WHAT?!"

You and Adrian rush to Papa's shoulder to read over it (you forgot you couldn't READ this language, but quickly remember and then look to Adrian for any facial cues that might give you context clues into the writings).

"Yeah... It.. Kinda... Sounds like it..." Adrian mutters, but he's also very unsure sounding.

Adriannotices.png

Huh... Did something catch Adrian's eye?

"Yes, lad?" Papa, catching it too, inquires as to why Adrian looks so troubled all of a sudden.

"Hey, I've actually been meaning to ask you about this journal of your ancestors..." He begins, and you kinda wish he didn't, as the lurch in your stomach gets deeper with every spoken word about, "Is there really a need for so many preservation enchantments on it? I mean, I get it's a treasure, but, like... It's not perishable like food is, right?"

"Eh, eh? What?"

"Well, you know the chests we store our meats, fruits, and cheeses in? They're LOADED with ice and preservation enchantments... That stuff is specially reserved for food usually... It's kinda weird that journal is loaded with so much of that kinda magic..."

"Mmmm, it's true... I suppose just being grateful for it won't do... My Grandfather used to love hearing stories from this journal from HIS grandfather... Perhaps they just wanted it to be pristine forever to not besmirch my ancestor's memory...?" Papa mutters, now examining the journal thoroughly.

"Well, it looks good for being two centuries old, so, the magic has done its work!" You chirp, trying to combat the grim atmosphere that's taken hold of the back of the wagon.

"If it's not way, WAY older than that--" Adrian blurts out.

"Ahahahaha--"

Waitaminute1.png

Hang on...

wait a minute...

That journal is only about 200 years old, right?

This JUST occurred to you, but...

Waitaminute2.png

...Don't YOUR people have very important HISTORICAL documents that ARE ALSO ABOUT 200 years old???

Waitaminute3.png

200 years old and still perfectly legible and digestible to everyone IN THE CURRENT DAY, even 200 years later?

How much has their language changed in 200 years that Adrian and Papa are deciphering it like a linguist trying to decipher ancient hieroglyphics?

It shouldn't be that hard to decode text from two centuries ago if your people were able to do it, right?

ezgif-3-dd4e6d8d55.gif

What if that journal is WELL over 2 centuries old...???

You take deep breaths to keep from hyperventilating, wondering what that could mean...

What it could mean for YOUR GROUP?

If that journal is over 200 years old, then what Hellie told you was wrong... Cion Isle was raised to the heavens LONG BEFORE 200 years ago... The Heirophant of Tides came to this world LONG BEFORE 200 years ago...

The First Emperor died LONG BEFORE 200 years ago...

No, no... It's probably only just a few years older than that... Not... Not a SIGNIFICANT amount of time older... Just... Just a few years...

So what if the language it's written in isn't digestible to people two centuries later as if it was written millennia or so ago...

That... That doesn't mean anything...

Rosieright.png

...R-r-right?

"W-was he "buried" with anything? Any riches, valuables, or other such things left at his statue?" You ask, unfortunately matching the grimace all around you.

You seriously doubt Crest-Bearer #6 is committing serious crimes just for a glimpse of a statue of a sealed forever Emperor... Maybe there is something else there?

"Mmmn, No... The holy temple WAS where the Imperial family resided before his sacrifice, but after THAT, The first Empress moved their kingdom to the opposite end of the Isle, in Auran."

"D***, so they're not a treasure hunter... "

"Heh, it is amusing you of all people are asking about any holy relics left behind by the first imperials, Sweetheart," Papa chuckles as he begins, and you are VERY EAGER for him to elaborate, then your eyes nearly pop out of your head as he points to your compass and continues with, "Because you're wearing it."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCUSE ME, WHAT?!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!??!?!?!?!" You shout unintentionally, reminiscent of Scias.

"You didn't know? That compass is the last gift the first Empress gave to the Emperor... He gave it back to her just before he sacrificed himself..."

"So, when Hellie told me it was the last thing she had left of her father---"

"Yes, dear: Her Father most likely had it passed down from HIS father, and so on and so forth, right from the first Empress herself."

So THAT'S why Elmiel enchanted THIS COMPASS in particular!

"I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING ABOUT THAT COMPASS!" Adrian also shouts, but in an "AHA!" tone.

"W-wow..." You mutter, blushing.

whowouldhavethought.png

So YOU were the one carrying the holy relic all along...

Hold up...

But...

"Wait... But if I'M the one with the closest thing to a Holy Relic... And all there is in Celosia's Ruins are a deteriorating temple and a statue of the first Emperor... Then... Th-then..."

Rosiefrustrated.png

"TH-THEN WHY THE HECK ARE THEY THERE!? WHY BE THERE WHEN THERE'S NOTHING TO STEAL?!"

Papa and Adrian now raise their brows and both cover your mouth.

"Sssssh! Not so loud, Sweetheart!"

"Y-yeah, Ro, please: Calm down! I-If Sia hears you the last thing we need is more storms...!"

"S-sorry... Sorry," You apologize remorsefully once they remove their hands from your mouth.

Augh!

You thought that asking more about the death of the First Emperor would HELP you, but... NO!

This makes LESS sense the more you learn, NOT MORE!

Why BOTHER tomb-raiding a grave where ALL THERE IS IS A STATUE!?

There's NO TREASURES, no holy relics, all the laws AGAINST it, all the disrespect even APPROACHING IT unless you're Hellie, and the being you're disrespecting is BASICALLY A DEMI GOD powerful enough to CARVE OUT AND RAISE AN ENTIRE ISLE!

All the cost, NONE of the benefit... SO WHY!?

WHY ARE THEY THERE?!?!?!?!?!?

YUNO.png

AUGH, MAKE IT MAKE SENSE CELOSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosieohno2.png

"So... Uh... You're... You're pretty sure they're there then, aren't you? Crest-bearer number Six being in Celosia's Ruins, I-I mean..." Adrian mutters, extremely upset.

"...I... I don't--"

"Sweetheart, please... If you know something we don't... Anything at all... You need to TELL us... One detail overlooked could be the difference between gathering the Crest-bearers or failing..."

You swallow a lump in your throat as you hesitate to tell them just HOW CERTAIN you are that number six is in the Ruins...

The needle is unmoving from its pointing straight North... Like THE CREST BEARER IS UNMOVING or something...

NONE OF THIS IS MAKING SENSE!!!!

First, they're breaking laws for BASICALLY NOTHING (Heck, you'd settle for them just WANTING A SELFIE WITH THE STATUE if PHONES and SOCIAL MEDIA were things in this world!!) since all the treasures are in AURAN... And the HOLY RELIC left behind is sitting comfortably AROUND YOUR NECK...!

Second, it's possible they're NOT MOVING?! WHAT!? So, what, they trespassed the most sacred place on the Isle... To then TAKE A NAP or something?! Too tired to leave after sneaking in and finding SQUAT?!

Third, WHY?! WHY DO ANY OF THIS WHEN THEY'D GET NOTHING BUT SCORN AND CRIMINAL STATUS IN RETURN!?

You're assuming MOST of what Adrian and Papa told you is common knowledge, so the closest thing to anything that made sense to you is that THEY DIDN'T KNOW, but EVEN THEN, they should still be FLEEING THE RUINS or something after finding NOTHING in the temple... right?

You aren't sure how this is all going to sound to Adrian and Papa once you tell them your theories and hunches, ESPECIALLY after everything THEY told YOU...

What should you do?!

>>TELL THEM?? Y/N<<

Last edited:
Tell them... what exactly? I don't think we've actually come up with any theories beyond what either of them could've thought of themselves, and even then those theories aren't super solid.

That being said... being stuck unmoving... in the place where we're told there's only a statue.

Crazy theory time: I'm 99% sure I'm wrong about this, but just in case, it's almost giving the impression the last crestbearer is either the first emperor or someone who was stuck with some kind of magic/trap/curse and turned into a statue as well.

Side note, I would love to have an entry from the other perspective soon. Anyone else?

As for my vote, I'll say no, can't think of anything worth telling them yet unless I missed some detail Rose knows and they don't.

My brain is whirring right now, but aside from the real question, does the book tell us what all the crestbearers powers are? That would be useful to know, because depending on the power, that could explain why the compass needle isn't moving at all.

But the big problem with telling them these theories is that it's going ono the assumption that they are still in the ruins area. And I don't exactly want to look like a fool in front of them if they happen to be just outside of the ruins or such. Even then, what if they were forced there by locals as a punishment of some kind and are trapped there somehow? I still feel uneasy about telling or not, so I think I'll abstain from this vote unless necessary.

My brain is whirring right now, but aside from the real question, does the book tell us what all the crestbearers powers are? That would be useful to know, because depending on the power, that could explain why the compass needle isn't moving at all.

Nobody seems to have ever brought up the possibility of investigating their powers in the book, nor use them to potentially identify the crestbearer, so I'm guessing the answer is no, but I do think it's well known what type the creastbearers are, and their powers are generally just baseline elemental powers (controlling and/or generating their element).

TELL THEM! [Y] / N

Fair is fair. My guess is that, barring the possibility that the person is a fantastic cosplayer who took the form of a statue of the First Emperor and then actually being turned to stone, that this is in fact the First Emperor. Idea may be onto something.

*waves at Felis Felis *.

I think staying silent may make us look like we know more than we do, and then maybe somewhere down the road they rely on us knowing something we actually don't.

I'd say let's share our theories, especially since I also think Idea has a good point. I don't think it's a problem that we don't have anything solid yet. It's not too crazy to say that it's an awful coincidence that the compass needle is quite literally still as a statue and the petrified Emperor is in the Ruins... And even if they don't take it seriously, at least we'll have avoided some miscommunication, right?

(Hi, nice to see you!)

Rosalina Chandra

Tell them... what exactly? I don't think we've actually come up with any theories beyond what either of them could've thought of themselves, and even then those theories aren't super solid.

That being said... being stuck unmoving... in the place where we're told there's only a statue.

Crazy theory time: I'm 99% sure I'm wrong about this, but just in case, it's almost giving the impression the last crestbearer is either the first emperor or someone who was stuck with some kind of magic/trap/curse and turned into a statue as well.

Side note, I would love to have an entry from the other perspective soon. Anyone else?

As for my vote, I'll say no, can't think of anything worth telling them yet unless I missed some detail Rose knows and they don't.

But the big problem with telling them these theories is that it's going ono the assumption that they are still in the ruins area. And I don't exactly want to look like a fool in front of them if they happen to be just outside of the ruins or such. Even then, what if they were forced there by locals as a punishment of some kind and are trapped there somehow? I still feel uneasy about telling or not, so I think I'll abstain from this vote unless necessary.
TELL THEM! [Y] / N

Fair is fair. My guess is that, barring the possibility that the person is a fantastic cosplayer who took the form of a statue of the First Emperor and then actually being turned to stone, that this is in fact the First Emperor. Idea may be onto something.

*waves at Felis Felis *.
I think staying silent may make us look like we know more than we do, and then maybe somewhere down the road they rely on us knowing something we actually don't.

I'd say let's share our theories, especially since I also think Idea has a good point. I don't think it's a problem that we don't have anything solid yet. It's not too crazy to say that it's an awful coincidence that the compass needle is quite literally still as a statue and the petrified Emperor is in the Ruins... And even if they don't take it seriously, at least we'll have avoided some miscommunication, right?

(Hi, nice to see you!)
Tell them what you think!

Rosieworried1.png

Oh no...

Oh no no no no no no no.....!

NO!

It can't be!

It CAN'T BE!

Oh Celosia, you've never hoped to be wrong more than you have RIGHT NOW!

The 6th one CAN'T BE A STATUE!

Papa and Xander ARE big and strong, BUT not STRONG ENOUGH to haul a STATUE AROUND!

To say nothing of desecrating their grave!!!!!!

What are ya gonna do, carry around a stone of the first emperor and pass it off as a replica to on-lookers?!

Oh Celosia, Oh Celosia...!

You CAN'T do THAT... But you should tell them...

Right...

It's better to have a crazy theory out there than for them to think you know something they didn't...

"Guys..." You begin shakily, unsure what they'll think when you tell them...

"I-I... I think we might not have to bother with Sagemarsh..." You just blurt it out there, like ripping off a band-aid, "Aside from seeing how Clif's dad is doing..."

Adrianworried2.png

Papaworries.png

"...B... Because you don't think the 6th Crest-Bearer is there, huh...?"

"Y-yes... That's right..."

You motion for them to move in closer and look at the compass...

Papa-Adrian1.png

"It... I... What..." Adrian is kinda just word-vomiting while trying to form a coherent thought and Papa is frowning while also deep in thought.

"I... I don't know what lies ahead, b-but... The needle is unmoving... And you guys just said the Emperor was petrified, right?" You ask, though it was difficult to get the words out with the lurch in your stomach.

"I-I don't get it... So... So what... They're just laying still? Waiting to get caught?"

"I do not understand this either... And if they ARE still then why are they asking for help? Help with what? And what are they even looking for??"

You almost forgot about that voice...

Asking for help...

Now... Now it's starting to come together...

If it IS the first Emperor it would make sense: They're forever sealed away in stone and WOULD be in the Ruins, their "final resting place"... They WOULD be asking for help to break their seal... Legally BE in the Ruins...

Rosieworried2.png

"Wh... What if... What if it IS the... the... F-first Emperor...?" You suddenly hear yourself ask out loud.

"Sweetheart..."

"R-ro... Don't... Don't be silly... He... He died... He died a really, REALLY long time ago..."

"Technically, He was sealed away IN STONE... S-so... M-maybe... Maybe..."

"Sweetie... It... It's not much of a difference... They are no longer of flesh and blood..."

Rosieworried3.png

You know that...

You know you do...

Medusa's stare was basically A DEATH... There WAS NO going back from that...

And this First Emperor might as well have stared directly into her eyes...

Compass2.png

But... If so... WHY?!

WHY IS YOUR COMPASS POINTING THE WAY TO THEM!?
WHY CAN YOUR CREST-BEARERS POSSIBLY BE HEARING THEIR VOICE, A VOICE ASKING FOR HELP AND LOOKING FOR... SOMETHING?!

It points to the nearest LIFEFORCE of the Crest-bearers...

That HAS TO MEAN SOMETHING...

It... it HAS TO!

Somehow, someway... The First Emperor might still be in there... Underneath all the stone...?

"But... But I..."

Papa-Worriesabout-Rosie.png

"Listen, little one... It... It has been a long day already, and you've been through a lot... Why don't we rest for now and not worry about anything but getting to Sagemarsh, alright?"

"I...I... Ok..."

Rosietryingtosleep.png

Jeez...

What are you going to do if...

Rosieeye1.png

If your hunch is RIGHT...?

As you try to calm yourself and drift off to sleep---

Suddenly, you swear you hear something---

"Help me... Please help me... It's so dark... I don't know where I am... Please... Please help me... I'm... I'm so cold..."

Rosieeye2.png

Say what now?!

You yawn as you wake up from your catnap...

That voice... Who... or WHAT... was that?

You aren't going crazy or anything, right?

You clearly heard it...

You heard it...

You heard someone asking for help...

"Ro? Hey, Ro, you ok?" Adrian asks while tapping your shoulder as you get off of the wagon and are sort of just... dazed and standing still as you stare into your compass: The needle, ever persistent, still points the way north stagnantly.

"Huh? O-oh, oh, yeah... Yeah..." You flinch and jolt, and your eyes dart to and fro at nothing in particular.

Rosieasks2.png

"H-hey, Adrian....?"

"Yes?"

"That voice... Did it... Did it say... It didn't know where it was...? A-and that... It was cold...?"

Adriancanyouhearitnowtoo.png

You'll take that as a yes...

"S-so you can hear it now!? That's great! That means we're close--!"

"Only faintly! I BARELY heard it... I need to GET CLOSER...."

"Oooh..."

"Yeah..."

"Hey, guys!" You hear your love's cheery voice, a bright light in this dim moment, and you can't help but feel a smile forming on your face.

"Love!" You exclaim as you run into his arms.

Rosieand-Eliascouplegoalsmaybe.png

You really don't know what you'd do without them.

"Rosie hears the voice too," Adrian uncomfortably and sadly breaks the moment with fact.

"Really?! No way!"

"Yep... My love.. We... "

Rosiesweatin.png

"We might have to go to the Ruins of Celosia... I BARELY heard them right before I drifted off to sleep... We... Need to go further North... A-and I don't think I have to tell you further North is... Is..."

Eliasworries1.png

Eliasworries2.png

Eliasworries3.png

"It's...It's ok... It's gonna be ok. Don't worry about that right now, ok? Right now... Let's... Let's just focus on other things at this moment: Did Clif have any message he wanted to relay to his father?"

"Y-yeah, he did, just that he's the Interim General now, b-but what are--"

"It's ok...! I promise: I have a plan..."

Eliastrustme.png

"Trust me."

Rosieconfused.png

Rosiewellok.png

You DO trust him.

How can you NOT melt at that face?

Though, somewhere in the back of your heart, you wanna ask what his plan is... but... He's right...

You offered and agreed to relay a message to Clif's dad and you should take care of that first, first and foremost...

Might as well delay the inevitable anyway... In this case, the inevitable is breaking some laws...

"His father lives right next to the Inn, brothers with the InnKeeper, e-even," You mutter as you finally get it together enough to focus on the task at hand.

"Great! That's not out of our way at all!" Elias cheers.

"Eeeh, it's still a tad early to be settling at the Inn, and I'm hoping we get number six WITHOUT having to spend the night here, buuut--"

Rosiewelp1.png

Yeah, that... That WON'T be an issue... You feel like...

"It's fine, don't worry!" Elias chirps while taking you by the hand and walking towards the building next to the one with the giant "WISEWATER INN".

You take a deep breath and exhale exhaustedly, your nap apparently not replenishing ANY of your energy with how defeated and stressed you feel right now.

handholding1.png

You feel Elias squeezing your hand once he hears you, and smile weakly back and return the gesture.

Eliassideprofile.png

You internally thank Celosia for blessing you with such an amazing man in your life...

You're sure you're about to be led to A STATUE...
You TRUST Elias, but somehow you feel you're not gonna like this plan of his...

Rosiethrilledinlove.png

And yet through all that, all you can feel right now are butterflies in your tummy as if you were a preschooler and this was the first boy (unrelated to you) that held your hand...

"This won't take long, right? I mean, I know it's not out of our way, but I'd like to start looking for number six HERE already..."

Well, at least SOMEONE has hope...

"Affirmative: I have known Lieutenant Ernest Brownside since I was small. If anything, he is a serious and stoic man who is a man of few words that are always straight to the point. There will be no small talk or unnecessary pleasantries. Time burnt debriefing him will be minimal and efficient."

Heh... What would your Sia be if not efficient, even during downtime?

Honestly, as awful as you feel admitting this... You wanna stall looking for Crest-Bearer #6 for as long as possible...

How are you gonna tell these guys that searching Sagemarsh might be a waste of time?
That you all may have to desecrate a SACRED GRAVESITE?!

Geez...

As your crew approaches the door to the house next to the Inn you heavily sigh as your love knocks on the door and---

Importanceofbeing-Ernest1.png

"Yes, hel---"

Importanceofbeing-Ernest2.png

!

Rosie-Clarainhiseyes.png

"...C...Clara...???"

Rosiewhelllp.png

Oh boy.

Wh-where was this stoic, serious person you were promised??!

You clam up, are NOT GREAT under pressure, and DEFINITELY DO NOT know what to say to a man who, upon seeing you INSTANTLY started welling up with tears in their eyes!

Should you ask who is Clara?
Should you tell him you're not whoever Clara is?!

WHY is he mistaking you for Clara, again!?

>>WHICH WILL YOU DO FIRST:

-ASK WHO CLARA IS
OR
-SAY YOU AREN'T CLARA<<

Last edited:
Oh boy. Where's Senku when you need some revival fluid.

a7d.gif

Dr.-Stone-19_00.19_2019.11.08_14.23.26.jpg

I vote that we ask who Clara is. We definitely want that information, and saying that communicates that it's not us anyway (though I do suspect that it's either a nickname for the Empress or someone related to her). Just saying we're not her could end that part of the conversation right there, and it would be awkward to only after ask who she is (though it is kind of awkward to ask it at all, but that's just the unavoidable amount of awkwardness after being mistaken for someone else).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back