• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Mysterious Play: Hierophant of Skies (Accepting votes!)

Other
Here

Rosalina Chandra

There doesn't seem to be any merit to scaring them other than petty revenge. In the best conceivable scenario they'll be upset but rethink some life choices... and in every other scenario they'll just be angry or seek retaliation.

On the other hand, mercy might still make them reconsider things. A stern talking to might work just as well in this situation, as a scare, without risking the loss of trust or them seeking to strike back.

I vote mercy. There's little to not merit, and a lot of risk, in the other option.
Yay, we made it to our room! We finally meet those men who threw us off the cliff.

We can't just let them off, and they totally deserve a stern talking to. It's possible that merciful or cruel might both come to bite us in the butt later, but we need to know that they learned their lesson to not throw defenseless people off the cliff... They certainly didn't learn their lesson the first time around. Plus, don't we deserve to rant a little after going through that life-and-death situation?

I vote cruelty. Not ready to forgive yet. If not for ourselves, then for Xantarra and her family.
I'm so relieved we made it!

I don't think we need to scare those men. If they look guilty, they probably finally learned their lesson. And anyway, now that we're leaving with Xantarra, I don't think there's any crest bearers or hierophants left in the area that they could throw over the edge even if they haven't learned it.

I vote mercy as well. If Adrian could forgive the people in the other village, after having lost his parents for good, then we should follow his example and try to forgive as well.

Mercy 2 to 1!

Rosie-Angelofmercycolor.png

♪♫Angel of Mercy ♫♪
Oh, won't you extend your hand?
Can you reunite us?
♪♫ Could you raise the promised land?♫♪

♪♫Lullabies say it's a place♪♫
With love neverending

Peace and happiness, too
♪♫Every soul there is mending~♫♪

♫♪Angel of Mercy ♪♫
Oh, Could you please take me there?
The sun says it's perfect
♫♪And the moon calls it fair♪♫

rosieeyes1.png

...There is certainly a part of you that isn't ready to forgive these men, and not necessarily because of what they did to YOU, specifically, but what they did to Xantarra, and by extension, Sphynx and her husband... Not only will they never get those 16 years with Xantarra back, but... Xantarra herself...

You don't want to deny or bottle up the part of you not ready to heal, but...

But...

Where will it end?

And after your (justifiable) vengeance... What then?

You aren't going to lie to yourself: From the way Elias is acting and crying, if you don't show some self-control and compassion, it might just be he**... on account of murder.

His past mistake towards his father in his LAST emotional breakdown might just repeat itself with these men and you'd just as soon NOT lead your love to bloody his hands... Again...

You decide to show the men the mercy they had denied you, overtaken by love and compassion despite everything you just went through.

As you take a step forward they flinch, it's clear from some of their expressions some of them were banking on you not being able to recognize them since it was pitch black that night (though their gasps do an excellent job of removing all doubt) and others are still desperately trying to figure out who you are and why you look so familiar (you suspect one man probably put the pieces together as he looks downright frantic).

Elias, following close behind, starts growling as he is also putting the pieces together as to why you're approaching these men (who thankfully don't run, but probably because Elias' crest is glowing and a fell wind is quickly filling the area) and he asks, "Are these the men who took you?"

His tone sends shivers down your spine.

You motion for him to stop talking and you keep approaching them silently until you are right in front of them.

Before they can do or say anything, you speak.

"I'm sorry you lost your wife," You say to them.

The men are wide-eyed, one of them is tearing up, probably the widow themself, and they're all juggling reactions between confusion, relief, regret, and disbelief.

"You think I or my crest-bearers are why this is happening to Cion Isle. Do you know what will happen if we DON'T summon Celosia soon?" You ask them calmly.

"Wh... What do you mean...?" One of them asks.

"Th-the Hierophant and her crest-bearers a-are why all these calamities started, are they not? Surely we were not in such a way before they started being born...?" A man next to him inquires as well, clearly not getting what the prophecy was about.

"I was brought here, and they--" You gesture to your Crest-bearers behind you, "Were born as BLESSINGS to you all from Celosia. Whatever calamity is to happen to Cion Isle will ONLY be prevented by US."

"But... The plagues... The famine... Th-they only became prominent after the crest-bearers were born... When that girl arrived we knew from the moment she was born she was why the great famine plagued our village..." Another man mutters, not a complete monster as he did seem to regret what he did, but...

"Did you ever stop to think that maybe they were born to HELP from the famines and disasters? Did Xantarra not eventually use her powers to till the land and mix it with the rain waters to make this soil fertile?" You ask them.

They all look at you wide-eyed and horrified.

"Listen to me: You can't undo the damage you did to me or Xantarra, but what you CAN DO is stop believing that my crest-bearers and I are some omens of the apocalypse... We're here TO HELP YOU. We're here TO SAVE YOU. You NEED TO STOP this false belief and trust us. We WILL save you... You just need to stop trying to kill the crest-bearers or eventually, and by eventually I mean very soon, we will ALL perish, alright?" You sternly scold and inform (basically commanding) them.

You firmly set Rondos bottom to the ground like it was a magic staff.

Some of the men get on their knees and start begging you to forgive them.

"Just start spreading the word of the hope we are supposed to bring, and stop seeing us as apocalypse bringers and I'll call us even," You tell them, hoping to Celosia the remaining three crest-bearers won't suffer the same pain as Adrian or Xantarra.

"...I am so sorry... Y-you... You didn't deserve being thrown from the isle... And I don't deserve to be forgiven, no matter how desperate I was not to lose my son the same way I lost my wife... Yet you still did it anyway... I-I... I-I--!" The widow begins, then can no longer choke back sobs and just starts weeping like an infant.

You smile at him and place a hand on his shoulder.

"Well... Even if you never toss another person from Cion Isle it won't undo what you did to me or Xantarra, but--"

And speaking of Adrian--

If Adrian could forgive the people in the other village, after having lost his parents for good, then we should follow his example and try to forgive as well.

"A wise and compassionate man once told someone who hurt him that he didn't forgive them because he pardoned them, but rather because they seemed like they really needed it, and... I'd like to follow his example and give you the forgiveness YOU NEED so that no one else ever needs to get hurt again!"

Rosieandadrian1.png

You turn back and wink and smile at your Water-bearer and he's beaming with pride at you.
Rosieand-Adrian2.png

>>BONDED A LITTLE MORE WITH THE BEARER OF THE CELOSIAN CREST OF WATER<<

The blubbering man nods and sobs and you hug him and pat his back as if to reassure him everything was going to be alright.

"We're sorry, we're so sorry... We promise... If we ever run into anyone who thinks the Hierophant or their Crest-bearers bring only we will correct that false belief and make sure they know just how incredible Celosias gifts to this Isle really are," One of the men say while the others nod vehemently in agreement.

"That's all I ask: To terminate that false notion," You smile and humbly bow while accepting their apology with no bitterness.

As the men are moved to tears by your actions you give your attention back to Elias, who is absolutely speechless, and nearly in tears himself, and you two share a tender embrace, complications be darned.

"You really are every bit the miracle I prayed to Celosia their Hierophant would be when I first heard of the crest-bearers," Sphynx smiles at you with Xantarra still in her arms, her daughter sniffing the stuffing out of her in curiosity and confusion.

Rosiesmile1.png

"Thank you, but really, no matter what, it can't and wouldn't undo what happened to Xan--"

Rosiegrossedout1.png

AND SPEAKING OF XANTARRA.

OH CELOSIA.

OH DEAREST, DARLINGEST CELOSIA.

YOU JUST GOT A GOOD LOOK AT XANTARRA IN THE LIGHT.

You knew Xantarra, living with moles, would be dirty, but--

YOU WERE NOT PREPARED FOR EXACTLY HOW DIRTY SHE IS!!

OH CELOSIA, OH CELOSIA, She is COATED IN SEVERAL LAYERS OF DIRT, SHE ISN'T REALLY WEARING ANYTHING, ITS JUST OLD HAIR AND FUR STUCK TO HER, AND--

OH.

OH NO.

OH NO NO NO NO NO.

HER HAIR IS A DREADLOCK.

NOT SEVERAL DREADLOCKS. ONE. DREADLOCK.

AND--

rosieohmycelosiawhat.png

RED ALERT!

RED ALERT!

THERE IS LITERAL, ACTUAL
MOLD GROWING FROM HER HAIR.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

YOU REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

THERE IS MOLD ON HER HAIR!!!!!

AND YOU DON'T EVEN WANNA MENTION THE BODY HAIR.

THE COPIUS, COPIUS AMOUNTS OF
BODY HAIR.

ALL OVER.

JUST...

JUST ALL OVER...!

Rosiemotherof-Celosia.png

You've got A LOT of work ahead of you...

Rosieand-Eliassnipsnip1.png

Rosieand-Eliassnipsnip2.png

Rosieand-Eliassnipsnip3.png

Rosieand-Eliassnipsnip4.png

IT MUST GO.

IT MUST ALL GO.

timetoclean-Xantarra.png

The first purpose for shears and scissors wasn't to cut parchment, paper, clothes, or crafts... They were for CUTTING HAIR... and BOY DOES XANTARRA NEED A HAIRCUT.

AND A BATH.

DESPERATELY.

You're pretty darn sure these scissors are MEANT to cut hair (they are a bit curvier than regular scissors like you recall a hairdressers scissors should be, so you're guessing these aren't for cutting cloth and fabric...) so you don't hesitate to accept them from Elias and take her to Sphynx's house (Sphynx's face lit up as she figured out what you want to do and helped you drag Xantarra there), for a LONG OVERDUE BATH AND MAKEOVER.

Rosieshomemadewax.png

You ask Elias to gather the ingredients to your homemade sugar wax (you know you're probably not supposed to use sugar like this in the middle ages... but... but... HYGIENE, DANGIT ALL!) and he does so, although with a confused look about him.

He gathers everything you requested (and sadly you need a lot... not only are you in need of it a little after your "hibernation" but Xantarra is basically a Sasquatch and you'll be darned if you're gonna let your Earth-bearer get confused for BIG FREAKIN' FOOT!) and you carefully separate all the ingredients into Sphynx's old-but-actually-new middle age style pot.

With Papa and Adrian's help, you're able to get it cooking and are finally able to tell Papa to kill the heat once it reaches its desired honey-like color.

Xantarra's father, Adam you learn his name is, fetches you a pretty big bowl to hold it all and you allow it to cool while you and Xantarra head straight for the bath!!!!

Once again, your sainted Crest-bearers (and big brother, too!) help fill the bath with water and Papa has no trouble heating it up to a nice, warm bath!

With some (medieval version's of) barber's razors (or uh, barber-surgeons, as they're called here... yikes forever...) and some smaller bowls for dumping water on yourselves (you promise Sphynx you'll wash them like crazy afterward) you strip down to your birthday suit and plunge you and your Earth-bearer into the cleansing water (much to her chagrin).

dontpeek-Elias.png

Xantarra yelps and howls bloody murder like you're killing her, naturally, and you REALLY start to have a problem once you bust out the medieval scissors!

And finally, after ages and ages of scrubbing with lardy soap (and lopping off just about ALL of that ghastly, MOLDY hair off of Xantarra) you two are FINALLY CLEAN and does it feel GOOD!

Luckily the sugar wax cooled while you two were bathing, and it wasn't too painful to wax yourselves (you did feel bad you basically had to cut up a perfectly good linen sheet for the wax strips but hygiene and beauty are worth it!!) and thank goodness it wasn't too painful for both you and Xantarra. (Luckily sugar wax can be used on ANY AND EVERY part of the body, so you're both as hairless as you should be aside from on your head!!)

You ask Elias to fetch you your school bag and when he does you grab your rose-scented lotion from it and slather it all over you and Xantarra.

At first Xantarra protests, but as the nice scent makes its way up to her nostrils she starts sniffing herself and you curiously. You smile and get dressed, helping Xantarra into an old dress of Sphynx's that she really wanted to see her daughter in.

You then grab your hairbrush from your bag and begin brushing your hair first (since its longer) and then Xantarras. You use the mirror attached to the handle to style yours and Xantarras hair after you're done brushing.

And when you're finally allllll done...

Oh my...

Ladies and Gentlemen...

We have Sphynx in her prime:
Xantarralineartcolor-WIP.png

Xantarrafacecolor-WIP.png

Rosiesmitten.png

Chikiti-WOW~!!! HOT MAMA! HOMINA HOMINA!!

You're overwhelmed by just how well Xantarra cleans up! Easily a model in your world if she was a few inches taller!
...And with a sound mind...

Sphynxcrying.png

"My little girl... Thank you, Rosie. Thank you so, so much..." Sphynx is nearly brought to tears as she gazes upon her daughter in an old dress that YOU KNOW she had saved for this day she prayed and prayed would come...

You almost don't want to take Xantarra away, but...

You know you have to...

Xantarradoesnotlike.png

It doesn't seem like Xantarra likes her makeover as much as you and Sphynx do...

"Heh heh... I-I guess you can take the girl out of the caves but you can't take the moley caves o-out of the girl..." You nervously chuckle as your Earth-bearer makes a scene biting her dress skirt and swirling around trying to find her dreadlock of hair like a doggie does its tail.

"Hie--... Rosie... A-about that..." Sphynx begins.

"Hm?" You ask, wondering what Sphynx wants to say.

"She... She looks like a normal girl now... Sh-she..." Sphynx begins, almost tearing up and your heart sinks as you have a feeling you know where this is going, "She doesn't look... Like a wild girl who's been lost for 16 years thanks to you... D-do... Do you think it's possible... I-is there a way... To restore her mind back to her...? S-surely I-if you could come back... Maybe... Maybe Xantarra can...? I-I know you have to take her, S-so while she's with you... D-do you think it's possible at all?"

Ah... Dang... Yeah... You were afraid she was gonna ask you that...

You figured during the weirdest "trip" of your life you were losing your mind a bit... but... What magic breaks it can also fix... Once Rondo was returned to you before you truly lost yourself then you were able to come back...

But magic didn't "break" Xantarra... Misfortune did... So... it probably can't "fix" her...

Rosiesadandworried.png

You're no expert... But you remember quite vividly your mother studying for her exams, and as a Child Psychology Major, you already know (from helping her study) right off the bat about Piaget's stages of cognitive development...

The sad, horrible truth you despise is that even if you tried to teach Xantarra ANYTHING you'll be lucky to get her a bit past the sensorimotor stage... Let alone fully functioning at the formal operational stage girls your age should be at...

There is a reason people from your world start off at a very young age in Pre-School and progress forward from there as they grow...
Even in this time period, you're sure at least lessons are a thing...

Her development took a major turn and her instincts are more mole than human... And that's the way she'll always be from now on and was doomed to that fate the moment those men took her and tried to cast her from Cion Isle...

But... Should you tell Sphynx and Adam this? Can you?

Sh... Should you lie and say you'll do your best to teach her...?

Xantarracutecolordone.png

...Or do you tell her the tragic truth about Xantarra's cognitive development...?

>>TELL SPHYNX AND ADAM A BEAUTIFUL LIE OR AN UGLY TRUTH??<<

Last edited:
Wow THAT's Xantarra? In the prior images she looked so...tiny. Childlike. Then she's cleaned and suddenly looks like a fully grown woman. I'm not sure what to think to be honest...

Regardless, yeah the problem with her is that you can't restore what wasn't there to begin with. That being said, this world does have magic, and a goddess. So we have two problems:
---> We do not know any way to help Xantarra's mental state
---> We need to get her to come with us to save the world, despite having just returned her to her parents

I think a way that lets us deal with both of these issues at once is to be honest. Say we don't think she can fixed by means we know - but we might come across something that will help on our journey, so if she comes with us, there might be hope. We might find some kind of magic that will help her, or perhaps Celosia might do it as a reward after the mission is complete. That way the parents may be able to bear to let her go, we don't have to lie and who knows, we might actually succeed at some point.

I don't think all is lost on teaching Xantarra things like speaking or behaving (more) like a human. Even though she isn't a child anymore, and we may be limited in how much progress we can make, it isn't like the brain becomes completely set in stone. And Xantarra has to have some cognitive abilities, else she wouldn't have been able to help us, after all.

However, I don't think learning "human" things will make her a "normal" girl in the way Sphynx might imagine, and I agree that we shouldn't make a promise we can't keep. I believe it's fine to say that we'll try to teach Xantarra things, though, as long as we make the limitations clear. We're going to have to try, anyway, else it will be hard to work together (or even travel together) with her.

Say we don't think she can fixed by means we know - but we might come across something that will help on our journey, so if she comes with us, there might be hope. We might find some kind of magic that will help her, or perhaps Celosia might do it as a reward after the mission is complete.
I also think this might be a good point. Once magic enters the equation, we can't say for sure what is possible and what isn't, can we?

So in short: Tell the uncomfortable truth, but try to do so in a hopeful way? It also isn't like Xantarra being how she is means they can never have a meaningful connection to their daughter, especially if she does learn how to talk and all. Or am I too optimistic?

Same thought as Idea - totally thought she would be a child haha. Didn't know (or forgot) that she was 16 years old.

I don't have much to add to what the other two have already said. But we're not a doctor or anything, so maybe we should phrase it in a way that implies that we don't know for sure? We should probably stick to what we've observed so far and not mention our conclusions.

Rosalina Chandra

Wow THAT's Xantarra? In the prior images she looked so...tiny. Childlike. Then she's cleaned and suddenly looks like a fully grown woman. I'm not sure what to think to be honest...

Regardless, yeah the problem with her is that you can't restore what wasn't there to begin with. That being said, this world does have magic, and a goddess. So we have two problems:
---> We do not know any way to help Xantarra's mental state
---> We need to get her to come with us to save the world, despite having just returned her to her parents

I think a way that lets us deal with both of these issues at once is to be honest. Say we don't think she can fixed by means we know - but we might come across something that will help on our journey, so if she comes with us, there might be hope. We might find some kind of magic that will help her, or perhaps Celosia might do it as a reward after the mission is complete. That way the parents may be able to bear to let her go, we don't have to lie and who knows, we might actually succeed at some point.
I don't think all is lost on teaching Xantarra things like speaking or behaving (more) like a human. Even though she isn't a child anymore, and we may be limited in how much progress we can make, it isn't like the brain becomes completely set in stone. And Xantarra has to have some cognitive abilities, else she wouldn't have been able to help us, after all.

However, I don't think learning "human" things will make her a "normal" girl in the way Sphynx might imagine, and I agree that we shouldn't make a promise we can't keep. I believe it's fine to say that we'll try to teach Xantarra things, though, as long as we make the limitations clear. We're going to have to try, anyway, else it will be hard to work together (or even travel together) with her.

I also think this might be a good point. Once magic enters the equation, we can't say for sure what is possible and what isn't, can we?

So in short: Tell the uncomfortable truth, but try to do so in a hopeful way? It also isn't like Xantarra being how she is means they can never have a meaningful connection to their daughter, especially if she does learn how to talk and all. Or am I too optimistic?
Same thought as Idea - totally thought she would be a child haha. Didn't know (or forgot) that she was 16 years old.

I don't have much to add to what the other two have already said. But we're not a doctor or anything, so maybe we should phrase it in a way that implies that we don't know for sure? We should probably stick to what we've observed so far and not mention our conclusions.

HALF-WAY, UNANIMOUSLY!

rosieharshnews.png

"O-okay... So... About that... I've got some good news and some bad news..." You begin hesitantly, and your heart sinks as the smile begins to fade from Sphynx's face.

"It's alright... Let's start with the bad news first, and hopefully, the good news will negate it..." Spnyhx inhales, then exhales as if mentally bracing herself for what you're about to say next.

But we're not a doctor or anything, so maybe we should phrase it in a way that implies that we don't know for sure? We should probably stick to what we've observed so far and not mention our conclusions.

"Now, before I give you ANY news, I want to preface this by saying I'm not a doctor OR psychologist OR specialist... So this is just speculation based on my world, please don't think that it's set in stone--"

Sphynx nods, and nervously urges you to go on.

"That being said--" You begin, stopping momentarily to take a deep breath and collect your thoughts, but also getting on with it so you don't keep poor Sphynx in suspense, "In my world, we've studied how humans develop, and the best time to teach them is early on, younger than five since that's the best time the brain and mind grow... And Xantarras 16... So it's VERY possible she's not as susceptible to being taught new "tricks" as a five-year-old might be..."

Sphynx hangs her head, clearly holding back tears, and nods disappointed.

"HOWEVER," You begin again, and for a split second Sphynx almost looked at you like a little girl lost in a public place might look at a kind stranger offering to help them find their parents, "If you guys work as we do as humans, and since you guys ARE humans I very much suspect YOU DO, then our brains don't finish developing until we're 25 years old, even I'M still developing in my brain!"

Sphynx covers her mouth and tries to hide the sad tears that are now turning hopeful.

"So, We might not be able to get her... completely normal, but--"

"But there's a chance she may be able to communicate with us and bond with us a-and even know who we are!" Sphynx cries joyfully.

"Mmmhm! I can't and won't promise too much, BUT I can teach her as many words and human mannerisms as possible, and hope some things stick to her still-developing mind and brain!" You nod cheerfully, glad you were able to steer this conversation to a happier note after all the urgency and sadness.

"You're a saint! Thank you, thank you so much!" Sphynx mutters through choked sobs as she hugs you, and you hug her back in return.

"I'm so sorry... We just got her back for you... And right away we have to take her away from you again..." You hang your head nervously and murmur sadly.

"Mmmn, don't be," Sphynx shakes her head as if to reassure you and clarifies, "Xantarra was Celosia's gift to my husband and I that we must share with all of Cion Isle... Unlike my sister, The physicians told me I might never be able to bear a child... I thought my fertility was a fantasy... And then, a year after my love and I got married... A miracle happened..."

"...You got pregnant with Xantarra..." You whisper, wide-eyed and in shock.

Rosieeyes.png

Sphynx's story mirrors that of your mother with you and your brother.

"We almost didn't dare to believe it, but when her body began to show more obvious signs... I had my wife in physician's care nearly every waking moment of the entire time she was with a child... We didn't want to lose either of them in childbirth now that the first miracle came..." Adam places a hand on his wife's shoulder and the two share a tender glance.

Oh goodness... They consider Xantarra two miracles... Her conception and her birth into a healthy baby girl...

"I'll teach her as much as I can, hopefully, something will stick! I promise I'll try my best!" You promise Adam and Sphynx.

Say we don't think she can fixed by means we know - but we might come across something that will help on our journey, so if she comes with us, there might be hope. We might find some kind of magic that will help her, or perhaps Celosia might do it as a reward after the mission is complete. That way the parents may be able to bear to let her go, we don't have to lie and who knows, we might actually succeed at some point.

"And who knows?" You continue, "It may even be possible--"

perhaps Celosia might do it as a reward after the mission is complete.

Hey... That's right...

In all this craziness you almost forgot... When this is all done and she's summoned... Celosia will grant you 3 wishes...

Obviously saving Cion is non-negotiable... As is the wish you promised to Elmiel... but...

Is it even morally right for me to use something so powerful to send me home when I could instead use it to improve the world permanently? It's not like they'd treat me poorly here if I did that instead of going home. Besides, if I'm a poor man's Hellie then Elias is looking pretty poor at the moment.

You hadn't had much time to dwell on this thought when you first even learned of the wishes, but...

Maybe instead of going home... You could... You could wish Xantarra normal mentally...

Sure, you'd never ever see your mother or your REAL big brother...

...Or Cornelia...

But Xantarra would be back to normal... and Elias wouldn't be just "some character in a book"... You'd be a permanent resident of this world yourself... Papa could adopt you as his daughter...

You could be with Elias forever if you use your third wish for that instead...

rosiessorry.png

>>ONE OF YOUR WISHES IS NOW NEGOTIABLE, SPECIFICALLY THE WISH TO GO HOME<<

"R...Rosie?" Sphynx jolts you back as she almost shakes your shoulders.

"A-ah, sorry, I-I was just thinking... uh... Maybe we can run into some magic or something that may be able to give her back some sanity?" You abruptly make up a bit of a lie (not exactly a lie, but not the whole truth either).

"Just do your best, Don't risk any lives, and don't stray from finding the other crest-bearers," Sphynx gives you a reassuring smile.

"Y-yes, ma'am," You smile and nod back, having every intention of obeying.

"Well... I guess now all we have to do is---" Elias begins while opening the door, and--

Eliasandthemoles.png

Ah, SHOOT! YOU FORGOT ALL ABOUT THE MOLES WHEN YOU SAW XANTARRA FOR REAL FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Xantarra runs up to her mole family (sadly with more gusto than when her real parents went up to her) and they seem terribly confused as they sniff her all over... No surprise: Moles have a pretty keen sense of smell (how else would they smell their prey if they didn't?) and Xantarra must basically be a new smell since she no longer has her own perspiration's stench over her whole body.

"C-could we bring them with us?" You turn to ask Xander, though from the look on his face you can already tell it's gonna be a hard NO.

"Rosie... First off, if those moles were the only things eating those giant worms... Taking them away from here might do more harm than good... Second, moles are carnivores... So either we'll have to share our precious little MEAT with them... Or spend our entire time bug-hunting... Instead of resting or training before or after meals... So it doesn't seem like a good idea on any front..." Xander explains with some difficulty.

You sigh and nod, agreeing with him even though you really wish it didn't have to be this way.

Guess you can't bribe Xantarra to come with the mole family she DOES know...

"Uhm... Actually... I think I have an idea... On how we can coax Xantarra to come with us..." Elias pipes up, almost like he was reading your mind (or, most likely, your face) and you gasp and try to hide a blush being so in sync with your crush.

"Oh, yeah? What's that, boy?" Papa asks, surprised Elias already has a solution in mind when the problem seemingly was just presented to you guys.

Eliaswithcrest.png

"We use our crests..." He suggests bashfully.

Could it be that easy?!

Gaping, you look over at Papa and cousin Adrian, stunned, and at first, they exchange a blank glance between themselves and then you, then shrug in a very "it's worth a try" attitude.

"Xannie! Xannie! Look! Come over here, look!" You sweetly call her like you were talking to a little puppy and NOT a drop-dead gorgeous 16-year-old who went feral.

Piqued by your voice, Xantarra pops up from her mole brethren and comes at your call...

Adrianuptobat.png

Your cousin, the water-bearer is first up to bat, but--

Xantarranolikey.png

Xantarra hisses at him in retort... She uh, doesn't seem to like water...

Xanandpapa.gif
Next is Papa, igniting his fist gently, but--

Papasturn3.png

The fire startled her and she isn't used to it...

"Ah! Ah! No! Bad Xannie! No biting Papa! No biting Papa!!! Th-that's a very bad girl, Xannie!" You scold her while prying her away from Papa's fist.

"Hmmm, let me try," Elias chuckles, and the way his smile and sweet tone eases your heart upon hearing his wonderful voice's melody as it dances in your ear easily allows you to give him your complete trust.

Somehow... You know... He's got this.

Eliasusingwind.png

A cool and gentle breeze gently brushes against Xantarra...

Xantarrashocked.png

Xantarra is shocked, looking around for the source of the sudden wind, and--

Eliasand-Xannie.png

OH! HIS CREST! ELIAS' CREST IS INTRIGUING HER!!!!

"Achupi, Kata mi pata!" Xantarra shouts her wild-girl "vocabulary" with verve while excitedly lifting a bit of Earth and showing Elias the crest on her foot quite vehemently.

xanalmostfalls.gif
"Chiki ta ni! Achuchu!" Xantarra gasps approvingly and starts sniffing Elias all over, especially where his wind-crest is located.

You admit a dark part of your heart feels a bit jealous such a beautiful girl is all over the boy you're in love with, but are relieved and happy your second thought is actually wishing you HAD a reason to BE jealous... Because that would mean Xantarra was in the right enough mind to love and fall in love...

Oh, Xantarra...

"Come with us," Elias suggests to Xantarra, "We're just like you, each of us."

Elias gestures to the other crest-bearers to her as he says that last part.

"Please... Oh please..." You pray to Celosia, "Let this work... Let something inside of her tell her to come with us... Please... Please Celosia..."

You didn't even realize this, but your hands are folded together, almost like in a prayer.

You feel a bit odd... You weren't a very religious person, to begin with... But here you are praying more sincerely to a Goddess you've barely known the existence of for a month or so than you have to your worlds God since you were a child...

"Cacoopa?" Xantarra picks up her mole family and tilts her head in confusion.

You bit your lip and shake your head.

"N-no, Sweetheart... We can't take them with us..." You try to tell her while shaking your head sadly, unsure whether or not you actually WANT her to understand you right now.

You are the Hierophant of Skies... It is YOUR JOB to be able to gather and recruit and communicate with ALL SEVEN OF YOUR CREST-BEARERS... You should 100% want her to understand you... You need her to...

The star-shaped nose moles look at you and Elias (specifically his glowing crest on his forehead), and then Xantarra (specifically the glowing crest on her left foot)... And...

...Seem to do the work for you...

The moles shake their heads and point in the direction of the giant dead worm from earlier. It looks like they also understand their role in this world's ecosystem...

"Chiputika? Cani na nu?" Xantarra sadly mumbles as she realizes they have to go back... But not with her...

They squeak something out, you're guessing their last good-byes, as Xantarra tearfully scoops them up and nuzzles them goodbye.

With that, the moles wave goodbye (and it's ADORABLE!) and walk off in the direction they were just pointing to... Xantarra sadly waves goodbye back.

"I'm so sorry, Xannie," You try to comfort her and place a hand on her shoulder.

"Aku chupitchi, ah ka niny!" She replies as she smiles at you.

fouroutofseven.png

>>ACQUIRED THE BEARER OF THE CELOSIAN CREST OF EARTH<<
Sphynx and Adam, it being their turn now, then scoop their daughter up into a warm, tight embrace. Tears are trickling down both their faces as they, once again, say goodbye to their daughter.

"Say good-bye to your Mama and Papa, Xannie!" You smile and sweetly suggest while they're still hugging her.

"...Nnmmm... MMmnn...Maaaah--"

Wait, wha--

"Mm-ma ma-aa? Pa-aww Paa-aww," She tried to imitate your sounds, confused on more than one level.
Even Xantarra looks surprised as she imitates the sounds as if she was unaware she was able to.

Sphynx and Adam are stunned silent for a moment, before bursting into tears and hugging her tighter.

You may have to take their daughter for now... But at the least... You gave them the joy of sharing her first actual words... Even if it WAS sixteen years overdue...

cute-Xantarra1.png

"M-mmama, P-paapaa!" She repeats the sounds both surprised and pleased, clearly liking the result of her previous endeavor.

They're both moved to tears... They love her so much...

IF you end up not finding anything... Maybe... Maybe you should use your free wish to give her back her mind...?

"You'll be back soon, sweetheart, I promise, oki?" You smile and nod, then saying, "To your Mama--"

You point as Sphynx once you say "Mama".

"And your Papa!"

You point to Adam as you say "Papa".

cute-Xantarra2.png

"M-mama, P-papa!" She exclaims again... You wonder just how far you can take this if you really buckle down on teaching her.

adamandsphynxcrying.png

After a very emotional time packing and cleaning up (It turns out during the 2 weeks you were lost, your party stayed with Sphynx and Adam since Adam owns an Inn), Your party is almost ready to go... Just...

One last thing: You need your new destination.

No rest, you've already lost 2 weeks: You need to get Crest-bearer number five, pronto!

Hmmm, You should have guessed Xantarra was Earth through sheer process of elimination: First was "air" (Elias' wind), then "fire", then "water", finishing off the four elements with Earth...

Now what?

You're not going to lie, a small part of your heart is having a little bit of doubt in Celosia: Neither of the four elements can help you get or flush out Calliope from that forest... And if she IS a crest-bearer or connected to one... That means, essentially, you only have 2 left to find one that will find her in the forest without ruining it...

You hope and pray one of the remaining two can help you...

A part of you wants the compass to point to the forest again, but the other part of you doesn't since you're clearly not ready yet...

You sigh and shake your head, calling to Xannie (she's running around the cart and sniffing it and the horses like a true wild woman) and smiling as she runs up to you (like a doggiekins) and stops on a dime right in front of you (also like a doggiekins)...

You smile and bend down to the ground, scooping up some dirt and carefully sprinkling it over your compass... When you're done, then point to her in a 'now, you' sort of way.

Xangetsitgif.gif
"OOoooOo, chaputikilahtuplika..." She mutters curiously while examining the crazy compass.

She lifts dirt with her powers and pours it over your compass: It glows brighter than before, almost freaking out Xantarra, but luckily the cloak you put over her helps her block out light)...

The needle glows and spins anew again...

Stopping while pointing to a perfect northeast...

Taking another look at the map... Northeast... There's really only one place in that direction from Ashton...

Mapof-Cion.png

Rosie-Eliasand-Xan.png

"Is it... pointing to..."

"Yep... Looks like it can only be pointing to one place... Levi Plains..."

"Well, it'll be nice to size up the new recruits there, at least," Xander sighs...

Shoulda figured there was something strange about the Levi plains...

Looks like you're about to find out just how strange it gets...

Levi plains: The grounds that are covered in storms...

This confirms it! Somehow, it MUST be the work of a crest-bearer...

Let's do this! Time for crest-bearer no. 5!

You load all your supplies, rations, and crest-bearers onto the wagon, happy that it seems like you're getting the wagon fuller and fuller with crest-bearers.

You, Xantarra, Elias, and Adrian (Papa is up front, with Xander, who's driving) stick your head out the back and wave goodbye to Sphynx and Adam as you ride off to the northeast! You know you left Ashton with a lot of expectations out of you, and though you're not used to anyone expecting anything from you (you're not exactly big or strong or talented or pretty enough for anyone TO expect anything from you) you really DON'T wanna let Sphynx down!

"Hey... How are you feeling?" Elias asks you, and though you can't help it, you wonder if the timing of his question was on purpose, because it seems like he asked just as Xantarra and Adrian have stopped stirring and fallen asleep.

"Good, good! Er, for the most part, ahaha... I-I don't think I coulda left Ashton in good conscience if I didn't get Sphynx and Adams' blessing to take Xantarra... Still feel a little crummy we took her after just reuniting them, though..." You nervously mumble, for some reason simultaneously feeling like you're confiding too much in Elias saying this and cursing yourself for it while another part of you defends yourself reasoning it's just so easy to talk to him!

"Don't worry," Elias responds, smiling and melting your heart, "They waited 16 years for their daughter's return... I'm sure a month or so more won't hurt them... Especially with your promise to help teach Xantarra as much as you can."

Rosiethecowardlydoggie.png

"Ahehheh... D-don't remind me, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing or HOW I'll teach her and what will even stick--"

"...Rosie, don't worry too much about it. I'm sure Sphynx will understand if we only get to teaching her a few words... And I'll help you every step of the way, alright?" He reassures you and smiles gently while placing his hand on yours, sending a tsunami of butterflies in your stomach.

"Thanks... I-I'll definitely need it, haha," You nervously thank him while nodding shyly.

You don't know why, but impulsively you look to Xantarra and Adrian as if making sure they were asleep...

They are... Or, uh... Seem to be, at least...

Huh... Why DID you randomly check on them when you just did a few seconds ago?

He pulls you closer, in a tender embrace, and you not only let him but you then exhale a giant sigh of relief everything turned out for the better despite everything that happened in Ashton...

You wonder worriedly what your next adventure will be like to get to the 5th Crest-bearer? You wonder what they're like...

"I really missed you..."
Elias mumbles softly almost in your ear, though you're too shy to look him in the eyes as he says this, so you can only suspect from his tone how sincere he is.

"I missed you a lot, too... It was so scary and dark and damp and cold down there... I dunno how Xannie did it for all that time... I guess she must have really loved those moles..." You mutter, looking away so Elias doesn't see how red your face is.

"Not only that but... They threw you off the isle... H-how in Celosia's name did you survive? I-I mean I guess since Xantarra did too, it's not too surprising, but..."

"I-I---" You begin to try to explain, trying to think back to your last moments of consciousness shortly after you fell---

Rosieseesred.png

"Mmmn... It's no good... All I can remember... Is red..." You mumble confusedly, not really trusting your memory.

"Red?" Elias repeats, not like he didn't hear you, but for clarification.

"Mmhmm..." You nod and mumble back, burying yourself deeper into his arms for comfort.

"It doesn't matter," Elias says, "I'm just so happy and relieved you're back..."

"Yeah... Me too... I'm so glad to be back," You nod and try your hardest not to tack on "to you" in that remark.

You two are holding each other close and you start nuzzling him without really realizing you've started nuzzling him. He's tenderly brushing his fingers over your shoulder, and you don't think he's realized he's doing that yet either...

Eliasand-Roromance1.png

"E-elias, m-maybe we shouldn't--" You begin, unsure why you're hesitant when you do love him and want to be close to him.

Eliasserious.png

"I know what it means now," He abruptly interrupts you, and in your shock, you look up at him to find his sapphire eyes staring right into yours, almost like they could see through you.

"E-eh? Eh? Wh-what does what mean??" You inquire, confused.

Before you two could say another word to each other, you both feel a slight bump from the carriage ride and you, tiny and light as you are, basically bounce onto Elias' lap.

"Oof!" You yelp in embarrassment as you cover your cherry-red face with one hand and your tummy (it basically got jammed onto Elias's legs).

Suddenly... You hear the sound of... something sliding...???

Oh!

You hurriedly get up from Elias' lap and find that it's your school bag! It must have slipped during the "road" bump!

Huh... That's strange... Where was it before?

As you open it to check and make sure nothing fell out, you realize something: You had drawn Elias' mother for him!

Oh goodness, you wanted to draw this for him, as a way to give back, but... You realize you're not that great an artist and this picture isn't exactly a great portrait of his mother...

Your shyness and nerves are getting to you...
Half of you wants to give it to him anyway (it IS the thought that counts) and the other half thinks you have no talent and should tear it up later... Your art isn't that great, anyway... Your drawing is nothing special, after all!

Geez, now that the moments actually come to give it to him you're getting cold feet!!!

"Rosie...? What is it?" Elias asks you curiously, eyeing the bag in your hands...

Rosieshyometer.png

Aw geez, stupid bag! How did that bump make it slide all the way to your guy's edge of the carriage anyway!?

Xanandadriansleeping1.png

Adrianoneeyeopen.png

>>GIVE THE DRAWING TO ELIAS? Y/N<<

Last edited:
The whole thing with the moles does beg the question of just how sentient the animals are in this place...

More importantly

YES GIVE IT TO HIIIIIM

This was so heart-warming ❤
Hopefully, the moles will get to re-unite with Xantarra soon when she goes back to her family.

On the other hand, I wonder what we can use that negotiable wish for...

Onto the decision. I'm going to be the voice of embarrassment and anxiety. My answer is nooooooooo. It's too early, the photo isn't well-drawn, and this is a cute moment. I don't want to destroy it 🥲 I would rather him find out by accident than show it to him myself.

Onto the decision. I'm going to be the voice of embarrassment and anxiety. My answer is nooooooooo. It's too early, the photo isn't well-drawn, and this is a cute moment. I don't want to destroy it 🥲 I would rather him find out by accident than show it to him myself.

Won't it be even more embarrassing if he finds it by accident? Like you can at least do prep work if you do it on your own- if you don't, he has whatever first impressions and then it's like "explain this". Besides, let me tell you a lot of people who draw really well tend to think their work is bad, sloppy or not up to par at least, when really most people would tell them it looks great, honestly at that. In fact one of them may or may not be the writer of the story we're voting on.

Won't it be even more embarrassing if he finds it by accident? Like you can at least do prep work if you do it on your own- if you don't, he has whatever first impressions and then it's like "explain this". Besides, let me tell you a lot of people who draw really well tend to think their work is bad, sloppy or not up to par at least, when really most people would tell them it looks great, honestly at that. In fact one of them may or may not be the writer of the story we're voting on.
You're absolutely right, and you've convinced me to change my mind. Charge through and tell him! Worst that can happen is that he thinks it sucks lol

Rosalina Chandra

The whole thing with the moles does beg the question of just how sentient the animals are in this place...

More importantly

YES GIVE IT TO HIIIIIM
This was so heart-warming ❤
Hopefully, the moles will get to re-unite with Xantarra soon when she goes back to her family.

On the other hand, I wonder what we can use that negotiable wish for...

You're absolutely right, and you've convinced me to change my mind. Charge through and tell him! Worst that can happen is that he thinks it sucks lol
I agree that we should give Elias the drawing!

Give him that drawing, unanimously, after all!

:bishiesparklesl: M I N D C H A N G E!! :bishiesparklesr:

Aw geez: How'd you manage to convince yourself to give it to him!?

It's not that great, and at worst not only could he say it sucks, but, he could see it as an insult to his mother's likeness!! That would be SO BAD!

Celosia, you're so nervous you can barely think and your hands are clamming up...! How would you even think up an excuse to ignore it?

"Rosie? Is everything alright?" Elias asks curiously.

"Y-yeah..." You mutter back shyly.

Guess it's just going to just have to be like ripping off a band-aid!

rosieshyblush.png

"I-it's just... Uhm... W-well, you see--" You stammer your way through the beginning of explaining why you even started this in the first place, barely managing to utter on, "Y-you've done so much for me, A-and without you I couldn't even have a hope to find the other crest-bearers... S-so... I-I wanted to do something for you, sm-small as it may be..."

"Yes...? Wh... What did you do...?" Elias slowly asks, curiosity clearly taking him over as you tremble while holding your school bag...

"T-to be honest, I-I'm not really sure why or how... I-it must have been Celosia or something...B-but..." You shyly murmur as you reach into your bag and take out your binder... Pulling out the lined paper with your doodle...

Ariessketch.png

And hand Elias the crappy drawing you did of his mother...

"I-I had a vision of your mother when we were in Tarrin village... A-and I still remember what she looked like... S-so... I know I'm not the greatest artist, b-but---"

Eliaskiss1.png

Eliaskiss2.png

Eliassmile.png

"It's perfect," He replies back, blushing.

rosieblushing.png

rosieblushing2.png

"B-but Elias... What about your feelings for Hellie? I-if you only love me because of how much I look and am like her... Th-then w-we can't..." You mutter weakly, not believing you're actually trying to talk your crush OUT of a relationship with you, but...

"That's the thing..." Elias becomes VERY flustered as he responds, "I-I don't think I love you because I love Hellie... In fact... I'm pretty sure..."

Eliasconfesses.png

"I-I'm pretty sure it's the other way around..."

Wait, what?! Did you hear that right?!

"Wh-what are you saying!?" You beg Elias to clarify, bewildered.

"That's what I was trying to tell you just now: I know what it means now! I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS THAT YOU AND HELLIE ARE ALIKE!" Elias excitedly cheers, and he truly does sound like he's had some deep revelation or something, adding, "I wasn't in love with you because of Hellie... I think... I was in love with Hellie... Because I was always meant to be in love with YOU!"

rosierealization.png

"WHAT?! H-how did you come to TH-THAT conclusion?!"

"At first, I couldn't figure it out, either..." Elias begins to explain, "When I heard your cries for help, sounding exactly like Hellie, I... I didn't know what to think... That Celosia was cruel, maybe? That this power she gave me was a curse more than a blessing? To say nothing of when I actually saw you..."

Hellie-Rosieparallel.png

Eliasexplains.png

"I was so confused and scared I might end up alone, forced to watch the woman whom I deeply love marry my brother while seeing me as a brother... I thought I could only ever be saved by the Hierophant... The girl from another world... Who I would HAVE TO GO WITH as she gathers the rest of the Crest-bearers... And to finally be able to leave Hellie's side... Imagine my shock when that girl ends up being a duplicate of the very person my heart needed a break from..."

Rosiecrying2.png

"And for the longest time, when I first met you, I thought that maybe you would be as unreachable to me as Hellie was... Especially when Elmiel joked about marrying BOTH of you... I thought this was some special form of torture from Celosia for coveting my brother's betrothed... For begging and pleading with Celosia internally that I couldn't help it and to please not condemn me to that fate..."

Elias... He's suffered so much...

"I felt like I was losing my mind when we lost you back there... We looked like crazy for you but no one knew who we were even talking about, and obviously, those men lied about not knowing you or what happened to you... And when I was searching for you in the highlands... The ENTIRE TIME... I could barely rest... I could barely eat... I couldn't think of anyone else but YOU... Not Hellie... YOU..."

Rosieinawe1.png

"And I thought... I thought I'd go crazy without you... Not because you're my Hierophant I need to protect... Or that disaster would kill me and the rest of us on Cion Isle if you weren't found soon... But... But because I'm in love with you... Because the woman I love wasn't by my side... And maybe... Maybe that's why I was so in love with Hellie to start... Because I was always... always... Destined to be with YOU... I loved her because she resembled YOU so much...!"

Rosieinawe2.png

"Oh, Elias... You were the first friend I made when I first came to this world, and I've only gotten fonder of you and more in love since meeting you... I considered maybe confessing earlier... But I thought you only had feelings for me because of Hellie... I needed to know you love me for me, No matter how wonderful you are and how safe, secure, and loved you make me feel... I-I felt that if I didn't resemble Hellie you wouldn't be interested in me at all, b-but... But if you really feel you genuinely, actually do love me for me as much as I love you... Th-then... Th-then maybe we DO have a fighting chance after all...?"

Eliasreallyhappy.png

"I was really, really hoping you'd say that..."

Rosieand-Eliaskissitsachu.png

>>BECAME LOVERS WITH THE BEARER OF THE CELOSIAN CREST OF WIND<<
You two look into each other's eyes and share another kiss... Except, this time, you can fully enjoy it as now your new love is, most definitely, thinking of YOU while doing so...!

You've never felt more safe and warm in your whole entire life...

Sure, it might be awkward to explain your new relationship to Elmiel and Hellie when you get back... But, right now, in Elias' loving presence... You JUST CAN'T BRING YOURSELF TO CARE~

Afterward, you two hold each other close, kissing and cuddling a little bit more, until you both fall asleep happily in each other's arms...

⛈️KRACOW! KRACOW!!!⛈️

You hear a loud, booming thunder as your eyes flutter open, and you and Elias seem to wake up at the same time, and it would seem in the short amount of time you and your love have been asleep cuddling the whole Isle just descended to absolute chaos!

Not literally descending, but pretty freaking close: Your caravan seems to be IN A LITERAL THUNDERSTORM, it's kinda dark outside despite it still being day, Xantarra is running around the back of the carriage BARKING her head off, and Adrian has switched places with Papa, using his powers to shield the carriage and horses from the storm!

Guess you're close to Levi plains...!

But that's not the craziest part... The craziest part is the sound that came after you and Elias woke up: It sounded like your RINGTONE.

"Wha--?!" You gasp, stunned and shocked at how that could even be possible: Sure, you DO HAVE your plugin in your bag... FAT LOAD OF GOOD IT DOES YOU WITH NO ELECTRICAL OUTLET.

As you reach for your bag, you're hit with a bit of static shock!

"Ow!" You yelp, retreating your hand back.

"Rosie, be careful!" You hear Elias cry, which is really hard to while Xantarra is barking up her own storm back here!

What's going on here!?

Goodness gracious: A few short precious hours sleeping in the arms of your love and immediately madness takes over!

Carefully, you try AGAIN to get your bag, and this time you managed to avoid getting shocked.

You dive your hand into your bag, reaching for your phone, and--

Oh... Oh goodness...

👑Mama 👑
them
Hi, Sweetheart! How was school today? Did you get too much homework? You're meeting Cornelia at the library to study for finals today, right, dear? Well, don't let me bother you, good luck and have fun! Text me when you are ready for me to pick you up, okay?

Bestie 🦋
them
YOO SCHOOLS OUT ELEVEN DAYS BEFORE YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! 🙌🙌 We gotta celebrate appropriately!
me
Oh TOTALLY, LOL! Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!
them
TIME TO BINGE WATCH 'BEAUTY IN THE BEAST: A LEGACY OF LOVE'! 😁 They JUST ADDED the latest season on BINGEWATCH!
me
LMAO ALL SEVEN SEASONS!?! 😂🤣
them
Sleep is for the weak 👊
me
Sleeping FOR a week, more like 😴
them
Tomato, To-MATO... Potato, Po-TATO! Brb, I gotta go beat up this kid who's taking the last Super Buttery Popcorn pack for our movie night tomorrow.
me
OMG NO! THAT'S ASSAULT! 😲
them
Only if you get caught!! 😏😉😇
me
LOL OK ALADDIN 😂
them
DUDE I just scored us a whole ton of popcorn!!!!🤩
me
O.O;;; What'd you do?
them
...Don't worry about it...😈
me
them
Wakie Wakie Eggs n' Bakie! 🥰
me
Morning! See ya in homeroom! 😍
me
Augh, History class is brutal... I need to study hardcore >///<; Wanna study with me at the library after school?
them
Sure! I have to stay and help print out and staple some flyers for class, but afterward, I'm all yours!
me
Hey, I'm on my way to the library! See you there? Let's meet at the history section to study for our history final, okay? Call you when I get there, maybe?
them
Yeah, okay!

🤽‍♂️Big Bro 🏊‍♂️
them
Hey, are you and Corny walking to the library after school? Do you need some change for the bus or do you guys wanna walk the whole way?
me
Nah, it's fine! I've got enough change for the bus and the transfer! Thanks for offering! Use it to get yourself a snack for after Water Polo practice!
them
Lol alright, you punk 🥴 See ya when you get home
me
I'M NOT A PUNK 🤬😡
them
Yes you are 😌😏

You scrawl through your most recent texts, not believing your phone's been charged as much as it has... Sure, it was at 10% when you left for the library, but you didn't really care given you could plug it in at the library... You're definitely NOT IN THE LIBRARY NOW...

Er... Kinda...

Wait, you're in the book, which is IN the library... So... technically you're still IN the library??? Does that explain why your phone is registering reception even though all your alerts are from BEFORE you went in the library???

Either way, you weren't expecting a charge IN THIS WORLD, of all places!

"Gah!" You cry as you get hit with another static shock, and Xantarra is just barking and running around faster than ever in a frenzy!

You hear the poor horsies whinnying, clearly buffeted by this lightning storm!

You're terrified of your carriage getting struck by lightning, and you're panicking at just how much static there is in the air right now if it went and charged your phone!

You're worried for everyone and wondering how the heck you guys are gonna go any further if the storm gets worse?!

Before you even fully challenge Celosia on how it could get worse, you hear Elias gasp.

"Wh-what is it?" You dote on him, doe-eyed.

"I... I sense... Someone... Someone related to Elmiel and I!" He cries.

Rosiesaywhat.png

"What?!" You gasp.

Is someone here related to the Desmond brothers?!

"I... I have to go...!" Elias tells you, devastating you.

"Out in THIS STORM!? You could be killed! Please, don't!" You beg and plead with Elias not to go.

"I'll be fine, don't worry! I've got the favor of the winds! Let the others know I'll be right back!" He reassures you, giving you a quick kiss before flying off.
>>ELIAS HAS LEFT THE PARTY TEMPORARILY<<

Rosiecry3.png

"Please be careful, my love..." You mutter helplessly as he rides off into the storm...

You have a horrible feeling in your heart... You and Elias just got together and the moment you two wake up from your first cuddle session/ naptime you get separated in the middle of a lightning storm... Is this a bad omen of things to come in your guys' new and blossoming relationship?!

Fear grips your heart and you desperately try not to think about how dangerous it is for Elias to be out there, and you crawl to the front and let your brother, Papa, and cousin know Elias left.

"Elias said he sensed a relative!!! He went to go investigate!" You alert your crew.

"What?! Are you kidding me!?" You hear Adrian cry from the front and your brother grunt.

Xerxes is trying to keep his cool while Dewdrop and Cocoa are losing it quickly as the thunder gets louder and the lightning starts striking around the area more frequently.

There is A LEGIT CHANCE you all could be struck by lightning!!!!

Xanniegoingcrazy1.png

Xannieneedshugs.gif
Admittedly that hug was as much for you as it was for her...

Elias is gone, you're all in the middle of a lightning storm, and your carriage could be struck by crazy lightning at any moment!

HOW DID THIS ALL GO SO WRONG!?

"Ah! Ah!!!" You suddenly hear Adrian cry while he's pointing up in the sky!

You follow his finger pointing up and--

someoneinthesky.png

IS THAT-

IS THAT SOMEONE IN THE FRIKKIN' SKY?!?!?!?

WHAT IS THIS: A SONG IN AN ANIMATED MUSICAL COMEDY-ADVENTURE MOVIE INSPIRED BY A POPULAR BAND FROM THE 60'S!?

Well, guess they'd need to be a girl and have diamonds with them while they're up there to really nail that song...

Your compass is going ABSOLUTELY BONKERS, you just realize!!!!!

"I THINK I CAN GET THEIR ATTENTION!"
Adrian bellows, having to speak loudly for anyone to actually hear him through the thunder and the storm.

"WHAT!? HOW?!" You cry back, hurting your throat being so loud, then realizing exactly how considering who you're talking to, add, "OH, CAN YOU CONTROL RAINWATER, TOO?!"

"I CAN, ACTUALLY! IT MIGHT BE A TAD TOUGH SINCE THE WATERS ALREADY ON A PATH DOWNWARDS AND EVERY OTHER WHICH WAY AFTER, BUT I THINK I CAN GIVE 'EM ENOUGH OF A SPLASH TO GET THEIR ATTENTION IF THEY'RE NOT SOAKING WET ALREADY!"
Adrian shouts back, answering you.

"CELOSIA AND HER SON! IF THEY'RE WET WHILE BEING SO HIGH UP IN THE MIDDLE OF A STORM I'M GUESSING THEY MIGHT JUST HAVE A DEATH WISH!!!" Xander yells while also trying to spot the figure before the lightning makes them impossible to see momentarily.

"...UNLESS, OF COURSE, THEY'RE THE ONE CAUSING THE STORM!" Papa bursts out roaring.

Wait... COULD THEY BE!?

>>GET THEIR ATTENTION? Y/N<<

Last edited:
Well earlier we were saying that the storms could be the work of a crest-bearer, so maybe we should get their attention. Even if it's not a pleasant encounter, I would rather try getting their somehow and see who they are.

I don't know if we can just shout. Elias left our party. Maybe we can catch their attention with some fire or by chucking earth at them.

P.S. Things escalated pretty fast in the romance department, but that was pretty cute 🥰

Awwww.... I don't fully buy this "I was actually fated to fall in love with you" as an explanation, still think it's more likely his first love was actually Hellie, but I'll trust this story to be more wholesome than to drop a "actually nah this guy was still in love with the other girl" moment after this. Either way it was an adorable moment - and the drawing looked pretty great too! I don't think Rose had anything to worry about :D

The hug with Xantarra was pretty cute too. Man what a great post.

WHAT IS THIS: A SONG IN AN ANIMATED MUSICAL COMEDY-ADVENTURE MOVIE INSPIRED BY A POPULAR BAND FROM THE 60'S!?

How oddly specific.

-----------------------

So, all in all, I vote we get their attention. We've just arrived in a new place and we're basically as good as clueless on where to start the search. Even if they are not the crestbearer or related, they might know something that could be used as a clue or warning. And if they are the enemy, it's better to have a direct confrontation than get hit by an ambush later.

I would also like to check in on Rose's friend soon. I really wanna see her reaction to the newest developments in the romance department - maybe that will get her thinking about something like that herself? Hehehe. What do you guys think DreamBeat DreamBeat Felis Felis ?

Awwww.... I don't fully buy this "I was actually fated to fall in love with you" as an explanation, still think it's more likely his first love was actually Hellie, but I'll trust this story to be more wholesome than to drop a "actually nah this guy was still in love with the other girl" moment after this. Either way it was an adorable moment - and the drawing looked pretty great too! I don't think Rose had anything to worry about :D

How oddly specific.

-----------------------

So, all in all, I vote we get their attention. We've just arrived in a new place and we're basically as good as clueless on where to start the search. Even if they are not the crestbearer or related, they might know something that could be used as a clue or warning. And if they are the enemy, it's better to have a direct confrontation than get hit by an ambush later.

I would also like to check in on Rose's friend soon. I really wanna see her reaction to the newest developments in the romance department - maybe that will get her thinking about something like that herself? Hehehe. What do you guys think DreamBeat DreamBeat Felis Felis ?
Lol, not sure whether she'll be shocked or happy. I mean, her friend is in a book and is romancing a character. Would Rosie even want to come out of the book? It would certainly be interesting to see what Cornelia and that dude think about what's happened so far.

Last edited:
Aww, I'm glad it's working out between Rosie and Elias! And I don't think it matters whether Elias was always meant to be with Rosie and thus fell in love with Hellie first, or whether he fell in love with Hellie, thus fell in love with Rosie and finally realized he actually loves only Rosie now. The important part is that the two seem to have sorted their feelings out! :bishiesparklesl:

Now for the actual decision: I agree with drawing that person's attention. They at least seem to know magic to be able to fly like that, and given that they don't seem worried about the storm, might be our next crest-bearer as well. Also, what can go wrong? It seems there's a considerable chance for us to be struck by lightning already, anyway.

Sure! I don't mind checking in on Cornelia again, whether now or later!

Cornelia Robinson

How oddly specific.

-----------------------

Lol, not sure whether she'll be shocked or happy. I mean, her friend is in a book and is romancing a character. Would Rosie even want to come out of the book? It would certainly be interesting to see what Cornelia and that dude think about what's happened so far.
Aww, I'm glad it's working out between Rosie and Elias! And I don't think it matters whether Elias was always meant to be with Rosie and thus fell in love with Hellie first, or whether he fell in love with Hellie, thus fell in love with Rosie and finally realized he actually loves only Rosie now. The important part is that the two seem to have sorted their feelings out! :bishiesparklesl:

Now for the actual decision: I agree with drawing that person's attention. They at least seem to know magic to be able to fly like that, and given that they don't seem worried about the storm, might be our next crest-bearer as well. Also, what can go wrong? It seems there's a considerable chance for us to be struck by lightning already, anyway.

Sure! I don't mind checking in on Cornelia again, whether now or later!
>>STORY SWITCH<<

As the hierophant shared a kiss with the boy of winds, and of her dreams, she grew more convinced with each passing moment he was the love of her life. Like maybe she was meant to find him in this world. She sighed happily while retreating in his arms, forgetting about everyone and everything aside from the two of them...

She was even forgetting about the world she once called home... The one wish that she thought for certain she would use to return from whence she came now became less of a priority than ever, Especially when she sought to stay by the side of the man she so desperately loved... And to grant her Earth-bearer normalcy...

Cornyhurt.png

Aw, geez...

You kinda figured, somewhere deep in the darkest crevices of your black heart, that it was gonna be some special type of guy that would date Rosie and actually love her and treat her right...

That same part is probably what's keeping this new development from being a complete and utter shock...

Rosie... Do... Do you really want to stay in this book???

What about you, her best friend? What about her mother? Her big brother???

Is she really just... Throwing you all away...?

You're not going to lie... You're more than a little hurt Rosie's already seemingly forgotten about you just because of some cute guy in this godforsaken book...

Jesus... What a d**n mess...

Why, oh why...

Is there something yanking on your heart, telling you that Rosie being a permanent resident in this book, leaving YOU to explain to her mother and brother what happened to her and where she is... is PREFERRED to... something else...?

She sighed happily while retreating in his arms, forgetting about everyone and everything aside from the two of them...

You sigh heavily as you reread this haunting sentence, trying desperately to keep your emotions in check and not burst out sobbing...

corneynearcrying.png

You can't shake the feeling you're reading how you're about to lose your best friend...

Cornycup.png

!!!!

"You look like you really need it," Alistair smirks somewhat coyly while handing you the hot drink.

As you look at the gently browned, mildly hot liquid, your eyebrows escalating a moment as fluffy white specs start floating to the top of your drink.

There is a familiarly sweet smell coming from your cup...

You're pretty freaking sure he just handed you some hot cocoa.

"I had a packet of it from last week in one of the cabinets, and since the coffee maker can get us instant hot water, I figured..." Alistar actually smiles at you, and for once, you DON'T feel like you wanna punch his stupid lights out!

This is progress!

"Thanks a lot, man, you don't know how right you are..." You mutter, then with a smug smile, decide to tease this fool just cause you can and add, "And, UGH, you're one of THOSE heathens who prefer their hot chocolate with water instead of milk? The ***k's wrong with your a**?"

Alistarlowercalories.png

"HEY, HOT CHOCOLATE WITH WATER IS PERFECTLY SERVICEABLE AND LOWER IN CALORIES THAN WITH MILK, FOR ONE THING, AND FOR ANOTHER, YOU CAN'T TASTE THE DIFFERENCE, SO SHUT UP!"

You roll your eyes and take a swig of the ungodly concoction of cocoa powder, marshmallows, and water... And it actually isn't half bad, but you're pretty sure somethings missing when it passes down your throat.

Probably lactose.

"It's good, but not great," You coyly wink at him while taking another swig, not realizing how thirsty you were until he offered you the cup.

Alistar shoots you a dirty look you bet was probably supposed to scare you (meh, his goofy-a** mug already could pass for a Halloween clown mask, as far as you're concerned!) and continues grumbling and typing... something... on the computer...

Hrmmm...

"Hey, so, what'd you find? Were you even able to find anything at all?" You ask, blinking as you keep drinking your cocoa.

"Well, the good news is, while I didn't quite find Ophelia's number, I WAS able to track down her granddaughter, Elisabelle Acer's, personal e-mail, and I think with the message I'm about to send, I'll get a friendly reply, HOPEFULLY---"

"And the bad news?"

"Well, the bad news is that while Elisa's here in America on the east coast, meaning she's probably more likely to answer soon since she's at best 4 or so hours from us, her grandmother, Ophelia, is still very much in the UK... So..."

"So we better hope she answers fast..." You finish his sentence grimly, gripping the book harder.

"Right," He says, getting up from his seat and motioning for you to take it, most likely to read the email he composed to her:

Send New Email
New Email Received
SuperHelpfulMaple@wahoo.com
Inquiring about a contact of yours?
Hello, is this Elisabelle Acer?

My name is Alistair Sol, and I'm a student currently studying at Long Harbor High School, about to head into my senior year this coming fall, and I was wondering if I could trouble you for your grandmother's contact information?

I hope I'm not too imposing, it's just I'm in my school's honor's program, V.O.Y.A.G.E, and as such, I have a major Senior project I have to start working on essentially day one, so I was really hoping I could get an interview with your Grandmother for one of my references for my senior thesis paper?

I'm so sorry, you and your parents probably get requested this all the time, and Ophelia must have done hundreds and hundreds of interviews for the media countless times, but it would really mean a lot to me if I could talk to the legendary woman who made medical history and write about it in my paper! I'm really shooting for an A and this seems like the right track!

Seriously, thanks to her, Hostile Diphtheria is the only other fully extinct disease aside from SMALLPOX! Your grandmother is such an amazing person, an inspiration and so historically important!

Anyway, so sorry to fanboy about your family member, I was just really hoping you could help me get an interview on her for my Senior project: 'Diseases of the past and how they affected the human body.'

Cornelianotbad.png

Huh... Not bad... Not bad at all... Even YOU almost believe it, despite knowing what he's REALLY after...

Hey, this clown ain't half bad at writing request emails... You make a mental reminder to ask him to look over any cover letters you'll write for future jobs you're gonna apply to...

Maybe to look over your resume too...

"Wow... This E-mail ain't bad! Ain't bad at all!" You note, impressed at his bu**-sh**ing skills...

...Hey, wait a second...

Then you shoot him a shifty look while cocking your eyebrow and asking:

corneliaontohim.png

"Are you so good at lying and junk because you're so used to lying to Mary and your parents????"

alistarveryangry.png

"ARE YOU JUST GOING TO ASSUME THE WORST IN ME AT EVERY TURN?!"

corneliaproblemlmao.png

"...Yes," You answer back.

What can you say? Teasing his clown-a** is f***ing hilarious.

alistarexasperated.png

He sighs and gets up from the chair, sliding your phone (apparently) back to you? Musta taken it while you were going over the E-mail...

"Huh?" You ask, wondering what he did to your phone and why he took it.

"Here, I put my number in your phone, call me as soon as Elisabelle responds to my e-mail with, hopefully, Ophelia's contact info... I need to get back to work, or uh, get TO work, let's be real, but just text or call me and I will come running back here, I promise," Alistair reassures you as he starts heading toward the door.

Aw nuts, you were wondering just how long he could stay...

"If Mary comes in and asks, tell her you're doing me a favor and are going to be here researching some stuff for me for a while," Alistair asks you as he walks out of the room, closing the door behind him.

You nod at him before he goes, sigh once you hear the door close, and take a moment for yourself, lord knows what else this wretched book's gonna throw at your best friend next...

Seeing the mysterious figure in the sky, The little Hierophant opted to grab their attention, most likely thinking that they were the fifth crest-bearer of the deity of love, Celosia.

She pleads with her Water-bearer to shift the tides of the rains to grab the cloaked stranger's attention... And indeed the Water-bearer did grab their attention!

The figure descends, donning a cloak of pure white yet a mask as black as night, to the ground in a frightening display: Thunderous roars and blinding lightning surround them as they land...

Oh! Excellent!

Sounds like they already have the fifth Crest-bear---

corneliashocked.png

The cloaked figure then begins to attack the carriage... Shooting lightning bolts at the horses, causing the Water-Bearer to jump in front of the horses to protect them---

WAIT, WHAT?!?!?!?!?

ARE YOU F***ING S****ING ME RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!?

>>STORY SWITCH<<

Last edited:

Rosalina Chandra

Get their attention unanimously!

HOLY CELOSIA THINGS JUST WENT FROM BAD TO WORSE!!!!!!!

WHY?!

WHY IS EVERYTHING GOING SO WRONG JUST AFTER YOU GOT TOGETHER WITH THE BOY YOU'VE DEEPLY LOVED POSSIBLY SINCE MOMENT ONE?!?!?!?!

IS THIS SOME SORT OF SIGN?!

IS THIS DIVINE PUNISHMENT FOR NOT FOCUSING ENTIRELY ON THE MISSION?! OR GETTING LOST FOR 2 WEEKS?!

IS CELOSIA REALLY THAT PETTY?!?!?

Panic is overtaking your mind as the cloaked, mysterious figure no longer skyward lands... and starts wreaking havoc on your caravan and party!

"HEY! STOP THAT!" Adrian cries, angered as you've never heard him before, as he barely is able to move his precious Dewdrop out of the way of the stranger's lightning bolt strike!

NO...!

NO...!!!!!!

HOW DID THIS ALL GO SO WRONG!?

"LAD, WATCH IT!" Papa immediately springs into action, but it's hardly any use!

In the turbulent winds and rains, even Papas stong flames aren't very effective constantly being buffeted by water and wind!

So much for fanning the flames!!

Adrian is just as helpless,
he keeps getting hurt by the lightning, and he's actually trying to push water AWAY FROM HIM so he doesn't get shocked!!!!

WHERE IS YOUR BELOVED ELIAS WHEN YOU NEED HIM?!?!?!?!?!

Xander is also joining the fight, but this cloaked stranger apparently isn't above fighting dirty: Xander is powerless and they're completely optimizing the opportunity to strike with the lightning and rains against him.

In a matter of minutes, this cloaked figure has taken down your big brother, papa, and cousin!

"NO!!!! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!!!! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! STOP, PLEASE!!!!! WE'RE HERE TO HELP! WE'RE HERE TO HELP! PLEASE!!" You yell and shout and plead, not even registering your tears and panic on your radar at the moment.

Oh...

You're gonna regret getting their attention...

stuckbylightning.png

AUGH! YOUR ARM!!!
THEY GOT YOUR FRIKKIN' ARM!!

"Auuugh!!!" You cry and yelp, falling to your knees from the burning pain of that strike... It only grazed you, but it burnt like a cattle prod and definitely drew blood! Your arms getting wet from your blood fast!

Probably gonna scar up like crazy, too....

Quickly spiraling into a panic attack, you look up and, to your horror, see the mysterious figure up close.

"Please... Stop... We...We're... We're here... T-to... To help...W-we-we're...." You mutter as best you can in your current state.

cloakedfigure1.png

"Sure you are," You hear them say coldly, their voice sounds feminine, and you're not believing what they're saying...!

You helplessly stare at her as it seems like she's about to strike you again, this time, AIMING A BIT MORE TO THE CENTER, YOU'RE ALMOST SURE.

"N-no, Sto--"

Xantarrasaves.png

Wha--- XANTARRA?!?!?!

xannieangery.png

"ACHIKETE! MACHUPATUKITA!" She growls and barks, snarling in anger.

The cloaked figure makes a sound like a "Tch!" and, one-armed, swoops her arm down, attempting to strike Xantarra, but--

xannieblock1.png

xannieblock2.png

Eh!?

Wha--!?

Why... Why isn't the lightning getting past her earth---

Oh... Of course!!!!

Adrian and Papa couldn't handle this cloaked girl due to her elemental advantage, but if "pocket-sized" monsters fighting in a slightly more friendly version of cockfights have taught you anything about the elemental circle--

xannieeyes.png

cloakedstranger.png

It's that lightning's ineffective against ground-types...

crestbearerbattle1.png

>>WHICH ATTACK??<<

Last edited:
The other person is flying right? I doubt they'd be so slow that could hit them with a rock, even with the Earth-bearer with us.

We're better off focusing on defense. We might yet stumble on some way to talk our way out of this... but that being said we don't have much longer, we don't want our stuff set on fire.

My vote: Earth Armor.

PS: Ewww, chocolate on water.

I have a hard time figuring out what Dirt Sphere does (Is it an attack? For defense? A sphere around us or them?), so I'll second Earth Armor. I, too, am still holding onto a little hope we can deescalate this eventually, and Boulder Crusher doesn't sound helpful in that regard.

Rosalina Chandra

The other person is flying right? I doubt they'd be so slow that could hit them with a rock, even with the Earth-bearer with us.

We're better off focusing on defense. We might yet stumble on some way to talk our way out of this... but that being said we don't have much longer, we don't want our stuff set on fire.

My vote: Earth Armor.

PS: Ewww, chocolate on water.
I have a hard time figuring out what Dirt Sphere does (Is it an attack? For defense? A sphere around us or them?), so I'll second Earth Armor. I, too, am still holding onto a little hope we can deescalate this eventually, and Boulder Crusher doesn't sound helpful in that regard.

EARTH ARMOR, UNANIMOUSLY!

"Xannie! Look!" You grab Xantarras attention for a moment after bending down and scooping up some mud, then coating it all over your face, then quickly pointing at the hooded stranger.

"Oooh! Achutuplita!" Xannie nods and agrees.

In awe, you watch as the earth around her rises and coats your Earth-bearer, forming a sort of suit of armor around her!

Not a moment too soon, lightning begins to attempt to strike Xantarra as the earth forms a sturdy and protective helmet around her head.

...You don't fail to notice dense gauntlets of Earth surrounding her fists, as well...

Xantarraeartharmorcloseup.png

...Looks like Xannie is ready for hand-to-hand combat...

Oh Celosia, crest-bearer vs. crest-bearer... This totally and entirely feels like a disaster is about to happen!

The thunder roars and the lightning is now striking EXCLUSIVELY at Xantarra! You gasp and are flooding tears from your eyes as Xantarra and the hooded stranger duke it out, crest-bearer to crest-bearer!

Incredible... Obviously, this hooded stranger is a resident of Levi plains and, as such, you gathered (pretty quickly) that you are 100% certain Xannie's fighting a trained soldier, which even XANDER had problems with (though to be fair, she used A LOT of her magic against a non-magic user!) fighting this mysterious woman, but Xantarra seems to be on equal ground!

You guess kicking the butt of giant earthworms several times A DAY (sure, Sphynx left veggies and fruit out for her nightly, but the quickest way to get meat for her was WORM MEAT, which explains how she survived on it: They were giant enough pieces of meat to sustain her hand in hand with Sphynx's food) to eat and survive would make her, as well as Elias, ideal candidates to fight her!

Matching the hooded figure blow for blow, you don't fail to notice that, indeed, the hooded figure is FASTER than Xantarra! The armor protecting your precious Xannie from the stranger's shots is because it's coated ALL AROUND XANNIE, not because Xantarra is masterfully dodging!

Xantarra is getting wailed on by this stranger, but she's taking the hits remarkably well, occasionally able to dodge some strikes, too! You know this can't keep up: Xantarra needs to STRIKE HER but the stranger parries and counters every time Xantarra tries to hit back! The hooded figure may only be able to strike her with lightning (for surely her fists would shatter upon hitting solid earth!) but all defense and no offense makes this a surprisingly one-sided battle NOT in your guy's favor!!!

If this hooded stranger figures out she can win this fight by over-whelming your Earth bearer, it's GAME OVER!

Thinking quickly, you know your only chance of surviving this encounter is distraction and misdirection! The raging storm's thunder is nearly deafening as you're getting soaked by the rain, almost not being able to hear yourself think, and fear is quickly robbing your reason as the lightning intensifies.

The hooded figure is getting faster, and Xantarra can only take so many hits and strikes, armor or not!

AUGH! WHY?!

WHY IS THIS D*** PERSON YOU'RE ALMOST 99% SURE IS YOUR NEXT CREST-BEARER (yes, your compass is going nuts enough to convince you this is THEM!) FIGHTING YOU AND AND THE REST OF THE CREST-BEARERS (sans the Wind-bearer...) ANYWAY!?

AREN'T THESE GUYS, LIKE, SWORN TO PROTECT THEIR HIEROPHANT?!?!?!?!?!

...Wait...

That's it...

Sworn to protect THEIR HIEROPHANT!

Hmmm... Can they even HEAR YOU in this raging storm?!

Maybe not, but if you get her attention AWAY FROM XANTARRA... And Xantarra sees you IN DANGER...

It's a long shot and A HUGE GAMBLE Xantarra will "zig" when you "zag", but what other choice do you have?! You are Xannie's HIEROPHANT! You know you just met her, but you love her as a little sister already, and you HAVE TO HAVE FAITH IN YOUR BOND, HOWEVER NEW IT IS!

"HEY! OVER HERE!"
You yell while scooping up some mud in your hands and throwing it at her... You're an awful shot, but you know it did end up hitting her because her perfectly white cloak is now stained with brown, you continue yelling, "IT'S ME! THE HIEROPHANT OF SKIES! ME! OVER HERE!"

You're pretty sure she can't actually hear you, but that's alright: The plan doesn't really need her to. All she needs to do is SEE you, and with a giant marker on your chest courtesy of the enchanted compass, you figure that isn't too hard to do.

Oh boy, here we go: You got her attention alright, and OOOOOOH CELOSIA SHE IS COMING AT YOU AT TOP SPEED, ACK---!!!

xanniesaves-you1.png

xanniesaves-you2.png

Oh, thank goodness... Adrenaline kicked in just in the knick of time to save your sorry butt! If Xannie had been a MOMENT slower you're not sure you'd be alive right now!!!

"Oh..." You cry as you plop to the ground in relief as the earth wall protecting you also collapses, exhaling loudly, "Thank Celosia..."

As you all suspected... The storm is clearing up... The land once plagued by a raging storm now is glowing with sunshine, gentle winds, hardly a cloud in the sky, and... you almost swear you hear birds begin their chirping but you aren't sure if it's just you hallucinating because you were moments from death and your life flashed before your eyes as Xantarra saved you. (Ugh... You love your crest-bearers and you ARE grateful for them, but you also feel like a stupid burden on them for having to always be rescued by them... You wanna rescue THEM for a change!)

As you're plopped on the ground, you see her there, the mysterious hooded figure... Laying centimeters by you, groaning and moaning, barely able to move...

You see your compass going berserk and pointing directly at them, but as far as you can tell, nothing's glowing ON HER, though she IS covered basically head to toe...

You're torn between unmasking her or not: On the one hand, she's definitely a crest-bearer, but on the other... Surely she MUST HAVE HAD A REASON to cover herself, right? Nothing she's wearing indicates she was protecting herself from the rain... so...

>>UNMASK THE STRANGER?? Y/N<<

Last edited:
You know you just met her, but you love her as a little sister already

Rose: I've only known Xantarra for a week, but if anything happens to her I'll kill everyone in this room and then myself!

>>UNMASK THE STRANGER?? Y/N<<

We either find there's nothing or we find the reason she was hiding herself. Maybe it will not be a pleasant surprise when this person wakes up but not knowing makes us vulnerable. Plus they attacked us anyway, so it's not even a matter of simple payback we deserve clues as to why they did it. Who knows, maybe we can even deal with the problem.

Go Xannie!

Honestly, as much as I want to know who this is exactly, she's probably our next crest-bearer, so we want her to cooperate with us eventually. And it does seem that she is convinced we mean some sort of harm from what little she spoke so far.
"Please... Stop... We...We're... We're here... T-to... To help...W-we-we're...." You mutter as best you can in your current state.
"Sure you are," You hear them say coldly, their voice sounds feminine, and you're not believing what they're saying...!
So wouldn't it be a sign of goodwill on our part if we don't unmask her? I don't know how much it helps in that regard, but I'll say let's not do it.

Rosalina Chandra

Rose: I've only known Xantarra for a week, but if anything happens to her I'll kill everyone in this room and then myself!

We either find there's nothing or we find the reason she was hiding herself. Maybe it will not be a pleasant surprise when this person wakes up but not knowing makes us vulnerable. Plus they attacked us anyway, so it's not even a matter of simple payback we deserve clues as to why they did it. Who knows, maybe we can even deal with the problem.
Go Xannie!

Honestly, as much as I want to know who this is exactly, she's probably our next crest-bearer, so we want her to cooperate with us eventually. And it does seem that she is convinced we mean some sort of harm from what little she spoke so far.

So wouldn't it be a sign of goodwill on our part if we don't unmask her? I don't know how much it helps in that regard, but I'll say let's not do it.
My vote is UNMASK THE STRANGER!!

UNMASK THE STRANGER 2 TO 1!

"Screw it!" You decide mentally as you approach this girl with care and caution... And, crazy as it may be, concern...

You managed to daze her using her uncanny speed against her, but you're worried about her nonetheless: She slammed into a giant slab of mud at top speed... She MUST be hurting!

Looks like you've got ANOTHER reason to unmask her aside from curiosity killed the cat-- You've GOT to check her wounds... She's probably gonna bruise pretty badly...

Inhaling and then exhaling deeply, you prepare yourself for what exactly you're gonna see under that mask because something tells you it's gonna be shocking no matter what...

Slowly and nearly quivering... You remove the mask from her and...

rosieseesher.png

You... You feel like...

You've seen her before...

strangerunmasked.png

Celosia, she's gorgeous, and her golden hair (however short in some areas of her scalp!) reminds you of Elias, but where have you seen her befor---

howcanthisbe.gif
W-wait...

What...

No...

This... This can't... Be right...

No... You're NOT mistaken...

This girl... She is what Aries looked like in her prime...

You just fought with ARIES IN HER PRIME!!

BUT HOW!?

HOW CAN THIS BE?!?!?!

Goodness, it's a good thing you were on your knees because you would have been either way as soon as you saw her face...

You stare at her unwavering for a good while, and so concentrated you didn't notice Xantarra beside you until she had (probably) been there a good while and made you nearly jump out of your skin in shock and fright!

"A-ah, s-sorry, Xannie... I-I just... I-it's just... Sh-she..." You're barely able to mutter in your shock and awe.

"Tilatu mi teh? Nanu tu ilita?" Xantarra asks you while tilting her head in confusion, and force yourself to really try to understand your Earth-bearers... special way of communicating.

"Sh-she looks like someone I've met before... but... Younger..." You begin to mutter again as you caress young Aries' face, continuing, "Much, much younger..."

There is no doubt about it in your mind: This is what Aries would have looked like in her prime...

...Wait...

Could this girl be the relative Elias was talking about?!

But then how is Elias so far away when the person he was looking for is right here...?!

"Ma... Mach... Yung...gur....??" You hear Xantarra attempt to mimic you, and you gasp in shock!

Perhaps the endeavor of teaching her how to communicate properly may not be entirely in vain, after all...

whoawhat.gif
!!!!

You gasp and are stunned in place as you watch the glow from... your right palm...?

OH! OH!

Her bruises! They've all disappeared from her face!?!?

How...?! What....?!

"OOOOOOOH~!" Xantarra cutely exclaims, clearly noticing the glow (and its effects), grabbing your hand and sniffing it all over, examining it, while distractedly muttering, "Ahbuladah zu matchika...?"

"I-I don't know how I did it, Xannie... I-it just happened..." You, guessing her question, attempt to answer her as you join her in examining your right hand...

The moaning and groaning get more constant, but you're relieved you were, somehow, able to heal her.

You ARE wondering how that just happened, of course, but that isn't really important right now... Right?

"Ha-ha..peh...nnnnduh..." Xantarra, yet again, tries to mimic you adorably.

"Hee hee, almost but not quite, Xannie~!" You smile and cheer at her, happy she seems to at least WANT to learn more...

You don't have much time, however, as (and in the back of your mind, you were kinda telling yourself to expect this, especially after the glowing hand and healing) you suddenly hear louder and more constant shifting, and "young Aries" gets up, pulling you towards her and before you know it, you're basically being held hostage with a sword to your throat! You gasp but quickly catch on to remain perfectly still because as you swallow a lump in your throat you can feel the cold, sharp blade of her dagger juuuuuust waiting to puncture your neck's delicate skin!!!!

(...Man, you know now's probably NOT a good time to think about this, BUT... If you had to count the number of times you've had something extremely sharp to your throat since you got into this world... That number, right now, would be TWO... Which, you know, ISN'T A LOT, but it's weird that it happened twice so far, right???)

"Alright, that's IT!" Young Aries exclaims, clearly having already lost her temper, "WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?! AND WHAT ON CION ISLE IS WITH THAT GLOWING THING AROUND YOUR NECK?! TALK! TALK NOW!"

Yikes forever!

You know she's got a dagger to your throat and all, but... Why is she asking this?!?!?! Shouldn't she know?!

Your compass is going ABSOLUTELY BANANAS, PRACTICALLY FLOATING and you can clearly see IT'S POINTING RIGHT AT YOU, or, more specifically, AT HER BEHIND YOU!

Confusion and fear cloud your mind and judgment, as you really aren't quite sure what to say, but you know one wrong word and your neck's blood is about to start spewing out of you like it was Niagara falls!!!!!!!

Xannie is barking her cute little head off once again, running around you and the cloaked stranger in a frenzy...!

"SHUT UP!" You hear them yell at your poor Xannie, so loud it actually DOES hurt your ears a bit...

You feel the dagger press a little more into your neck...

hostage.png

"TALK! WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?! WHY IS THAT THING AROUND YOUR NECK GLOWING!?" They repeat their question, and you've got the funniest feeling they aren't interested in repeating themselves a third time...

This doesn't make any sense! She's clearly crest-bearer number 5!!!! Why is she questioning you like she has no idea what's going on?!?!?!

Do you explain things to her?! Tell her about her crest (though you've yet to see it...) and the other crest-bearers?! Do you lie or say nothing?!

WHAT SHOULD YOU DO!?

>>TELL YOUNG ARIES THE TRUTH?! Y/N<<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back