• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Mysterious Play: Hierophant of Skies (Accepting votes!)

Other
Here
Keepin' Hellie's secret!

Rosalina Chandra

Let's please honor our promises here and not tell her.
We should just play it off as a hunch - maybe some sort of intuitive link between us and Her Majesty (we've never really drank before, so maybe Hellie was taking that into account, who knows) - and definitely not tell them that Hellie's pregnant because 1) It's not our place to do so, and 2) We promised Elmiel that we wouldn't tell anyone their secret. Loose lips sink ships, and I don't trust that a 12 year old girl, sister of our beloved Cora or not, is going to keep this secret. And if word gets out that Her Majesty got pregnant out of wedlock, the kingdom would riot. Screams about bastard children would forever tarnish the royal family name. It's vitally important that we don't let on that we know, even more so that we don't tell anyone.

Tldr: Play it off, keep the secret.

(Drama aside, I love Cora with all my heart, it's nice to see more of her♥)
Hm, I'm starting to wonder who or what Carbuncle really is (aside from cute!).

I actually kind of want to tell Cora, because I think someone else knowing of Hellie's pregnancy might be good just on the off chance there are any complications down the road. And Cora being a mother herself might notice earlier than others if something is wrong. But of course, the others are right, we should keep our promise (let's try not to destroy our friendships with good intentions gone wrong, and I don't really trust Misty to keep it to herself, either, to be honest).

If at all possible, I think the best course of action might be to brush it off for now, but later take Hellie aside and ask her to tell Cora about her condition. I'm sure Cora could keep the secret, and I'd feel better leaving on a longer journey if Hellie has someone to help her if any problems come up.
I'm gonna go ahead and agree with everyone here. Keep the secret!

We can always talk to Hellie about it reason later, but until we do, it's best not to put in our two cents where it doesn't belong. We don't need Hellie and Elmiel thinking that we're untrustworthy.

Don't tell Cora (And Misty)! Unanimously!

Rosiegasps.png

You...

You can't betray Hellie and Elmiel like that... And poor Hellie looks like shes about to panic...!​

"E-er, well, we're pretty much twins, right? I'm not really used to alcohol... In fact, back in my world, you're not really allowed to drink until you're 21!" You explain, playing this off as a weird connection rather than your assumption due to knowing something Cora doesn't, "I just had a feeling Hellie asked because she really has a HUGE aversion to it, like me!"

"Wow, really?!" Both Misty and Cora gasp.

"E-er, uh YES! I must confess, a-another reason I wanted to spend at least a little bit of time with Rosie before her travels is I felt this strange connection to her, and I just sort of felt it in ou- U-uh, MY soul she would prefer Cora's delicious bread pudding without the rum! I've also always wanted to try it without the rum myself, I-if I'm honest..." Hellie bashfully looks down and mashes her index fingers together, not unlike Misty did when the two arrived.

You get the feeling that, even though you don't think Hellie is technically lying since you're sort of feeling the same thing, she kind of didn't really expect to blurt out what she did and probably only realized the truth in her words AFTER the fact...

"That's amazin'!" Misty shouts in delight.

"It IS incredible..." Cora just gapes as she brings the big bowl with the yummy dessert and passes out spoons for everyone to dig right in.

"Haha, yeah..." You can't help but sigh in relief as the crisis is averted and suspicion has ebbed.

"Chika!"

"I like the kick it gives the pudding, but if I'm honest, I rather dislike alcohol as well. It makes scoundrels of all of us... Well, all of us, except my husband. He just gets very annoying... Not that I don't like seeing him happy, but he will laugh AT ANYTHING! I could BREATHE and he would find it hilarious!" Cora tells you, giggling to herself at the end.

"Ugh! Xander, too! That was the last time Elmiel invited him over for dinner with us privately!" Hellie complains along with her caretaker.

Wow, really?!

You wonder if that's what your own brother is like when he's drunk... He's only 18, though, so you're not gonna find out for a few years, Celosia willing!

"Unca Raus ain't a scoundrel, tho... He just even grumpier than normal..." Misty playfully whimpers.

Hm? Who? Uncle...?

Hmm...

"HA! Yeah, Scias as well! Like father, like son!" Cora laughs.

Heh... How could you have guessed...

"I guess we know who he got it from..." You quietly chuckle as you think back to your very first meeting with Scias.

"Chika, chika..." You hear Carbuncle murmur.

"OH! By the by, I've been meaning to ask, but have been a bit scared to... H-how... was he? When you guys first met him...? He wasn't too rude, was he?" Cora purses her lips in hesitance as she asks this, clearly hoping it wasn't too bad but expecting it to be less than stellar for sure.

"HA! Cousin Scias?! Shoot, she be lucky if RUDE was all he was when they met!" Misty chortles, almost choking on her spoonful of bread pudding.

"Oh goodness!" Hellie chimes in, holding back a laugh.

"Ahah... He was... not the best person to welcome us at first--" You begin, honestly, then thinking to the last time you saw him, happily smiling and kissing his new blushing bride, Chlo... and just how handsome his face was when he wore a smile...

"--But he couldn't have been better in the end! I can totally see the family resemblance!"

Cora and Misty smile, and while you can't tell them Hellie's secret... You CAN spring another surprise on them to make up for it...!

Even if Chlo wrote a letter the very moment you left, it probably wouldn't get to Cora for another day or so... Which meaaaaaannnsss--

"Your silly cousin! Waiting around for crest-bearers to heal his eye before PROPOSING TO HIS BELOVED!"

All three of their mouths DROP and then there was so much squee's and squeals and giggles and screams you just know a poor dog would have their ears bleeding, if one was present!

"OH MY CELOSIA! YOU'RE KIDDING! HE FINALLY POPPED THE QUESTION!? THEY'RE FINALLY GONNA GET MARRIED?!" Cora gasps excitedly while Misty has to be restrained to keep her jumping up and down the bed.

"WE GONNA GO T' A WEDDIN'! WE GONNA GO T' A WEDDIN'!" The little one squeaks while not being able to contain herself, "I can go with ya, right, Sisti? I wanna see Dulcie again!"

Sisterlylove.png

"Of course! I can't go back to Tarrin without my partner in crime!" Cora responds with a gentle laugh, and you and Hellie both exchange glances... It was relieving to see Hellie a bit jealous of Misty's blood bond with Cora, but also in general you've always kinda wanted a little sister.​

"Oh, this is wonderful!! Cora was SO WORRIED he might NEVER ask, so I'm so relieved to hear it finally happened! They're probably planning out their wedding as we speak!" Hellie happily points out, smiling and indeed placing a hand on her chest in relief.

"We hafta write to Cliffy and let 'im know right away! Ah wonder if he'll be back in time..." Misty ponders out loud.

"They've done it! They've come a long way... From her avoiding him out of sheer terror to waiting patiently for the one question every woman wants to hear, deep down... To finally placing that necklace around her neck and becoming his bride!" Cora chuckles in delight, clapping her hands together in sheer joy.

"Haha, yea-- Wait, oh my gosh, Chlo used to be scared of Scias?!" You almost inhale your spoonful of bread pudding in shock.

Chlo looked so lovingly and happily at Scias, even devotedly wearing a scarf his color while he donned one of hers, how could she ever have feared him?!

"Oh Celosia, YES! Poor thing, used to cry whenever she first caught sight of them the first year or two they knew each other!" Cora guffaws this, clearly thinking back.

"NO!" You gasp.

"YES! Oh Scias was always a bit of a crank and brute when you first met him, and Chlo took one look at his scowl and ran off crying when they first met as children! Poor Damorris, I'm pretty sure Chlo slept in his bed for a while because Scias gave her nightmares!" Cora could hardly finish her story from the laughter.

WOW! You NEVER would have guessed!

"But then he saved 'er and she started bakin' for 'im and gave 'im a chance! Turns out they compatible as all heck, right, Sisti!?" Misty finished the tale for her, clearly having heard this from Cora before, but never getting enough of being told it.

Like ANY good story, you think!

"Mmhmmm, Chlo went into the mines unsupervised a few years after meeting him, and when she was mining for a gift for her fathers birthday she was trapped by a cave in!"

"Oh no!" You gasp, covering your mouth so you don't interrupt Cora again.

"But Scias was just old enough to start learning how to mine so he could get his own material to be a blacksmith, so when him and our Uncle went to the mines his very first time he just grabbed a pickax and started PLOWING through the rubble to save her... He hurt his arms and hands pretty bad, but after that Chlo stopped avoiding him and even baked him treats as thanks! They were inseparable from that day on! I think she liked his smile... She would be the only person who saw it with regularity: He only smiles that brightly when eating what she makes!" Cora beams as she tells you the story of Chlo and Scias' love.

"AWW! How sweet!" You cheer, moved by all of it.

Scias does look his best when smiling, you think. You internally thank Celosia for letting you get to see it, that rare smile of his he bore when Chlo agreed to become his bride.

"'N Galey 'n Archie had a pretty intarestin' story, too, didn't they?!" Misty asks, clearly wanting to just PLUNGE down that Rabbit hole of the love stories of Tarrin Village, apparently.

And you are ALL FOR IT.

"HA! Oh Celosia!" Cora just couldn't help but guffaw and covered her mouth like a lady who just realized how uncouth she was being, then continued, "Galeson used to HATE HER! And SHE used to HATE Galeson!"

"WHAT!?" You yell out in sheer shock.

These WERE the same two people from Tarrin happily married Galeson and Archer, right?!

Archer, who was prouder than a Mama bird after her chick first takes flight when Galeson was dubbed the new Chief of Tarrin!? The Galeson who devotedly and diligently worked himself to the bone for all his loved ones BECAUSE of his love for his wife?!

"He used to want NOTHING to do with her: He was disgusted by how Archer didn't want to do ANYTHING ever and Archer just hated how he would ALWAYS nag her!"

"You're kidding!" You gasp.

"I kid you not... I think, if I recall correctly, when we were about ten or so, He even stated 'I can't think of a single person in this village who would marry you!' "

You can't help it, you start laughing so hard you just sink into the bed while darn near dying.

Imagine! Saying that to your future wife!

"I know, right!?" Misty hoots and hollers along with you amusedly.

"Wait, so... What changed?" You asked, now wondering how they went from being enemies to lovers.

"Well... One day, right before I left Tarrin, I know because this is kinda one of my last memories of the village... Galeson worked a little too hard around the village, and it was extra cold that winter... He got very, very, VERY sick..."

You gasp and cover your mouth.

"H-how did he get better?!" You gape.

Sure, maybe not back in YOUR world would getting very, very, VERY sick really BE a problem, what with the modern medicine and all... But in THIS world?! You're surprised people survive papercuts here!

"Archer," Was the only word Cora replied with.

"Eh? Huh?" You reply back, tilting your head in confusion.

"When Archer heard he got sick, she packed up all her magic supplies and started working tirelessly, DAY AND NIGHT, for a cure... Never leaving his side his entire bed-rest. She wouldn't eat, sleep, or rest for seven whole days... Darn near starved herself! She did nothing but tend to his needs and feed him while looking for a spell or potion that would cure him."

"Oh my Celosia!" You shout.

"Because of her tender care he was able to survive his illness. Galeson had never seen anyone work so hard in his life... But he later confessed that was why he constantly nagged her: Because he knew she could do anything she put her mind to... If she ever put her mind to ANYTHING! He learned the importance of taking a rest every now and then, and Archer learned just how much she could accomplish if she really tried! When they both realized what they taught each other, they also realized what they meant to each other... And from that moment on they've been helping each other grow ever since..." Cora proudly tells the love story of Archer and Galeson.

"That's so wonderful..." You sigh, along with Hellie, the both you completely wooed and enthralled by the tale.

"Do Harv and Ivana have a story you were present for?" You ask while tilting your head in confusion, figuring you may as well finish the lovers set with the final married lovers of Tarrin.

"Haha! Well, Harv was always too prideful and cocky for his own good..." Cora begins coyly, alluding to something, you just know it, continuing, "But somehow all that bravado went right out the window when Ivana came into the picture. Could barely form sentences around her when they first met!"

"Naturally," You chuckle to yourself as you figure that's how it always goes.

"Like Clif was smitten with me at first sight, Harv was all over Ivana from just their first meeting, trying to impress her at every turn!"

"I guess it worked in the end!" You giggle.

"Well, it took a while for him to really woo her, and I think when he stopped boasting and was just genuinely caring towards her she finally opened up and gave him a chance... Kinda like Me and Clif!" Cora laughs, then winks and adds, "And it didn't hurt when she was crying over Caridad leaving he vowed to protect her and hear her sing in her mentors absence. Ivana has a lovely voice, and I'm pretty sure if Harv wasn't head over heels when he first SAW her he sure was when he first heard her talk or sing!"

"Aww, that's sweet, too!" You cry in happiness, pleased with how adorable all the young couples from Tarrin are!

...You're kinda envious... You wish YOU had a love story like that...

Do... Do you dare to dream that... maybe... Someday...

With Elias...You might--

"We're missing a couple from Tarrin~" Hellie suddenly bursts Cora's bubble (and your own, as you had once again gone off to Lala Land a moment).

"Oh? Who's, exactly?" Cora raised a brow, crosses her arms, and asks just as coy as Helena was.

"Yours and Clif's, you silly!" Hellie giggles and beams.

"Oh! You! that doesn't count! Clif isn't from Tarrin at all!" Cora pouts and narrows her eyes, unamused.

"But YOU are...! Come on, tell her~" Hellie urges.

The Empress seems... proud... for some reason...?

"Why don't YOU tell her? Celosia knows you meddled in it enough to know how Clif and I fell for each other!" Cora laughs and rolls her eyes.

Wait, what?

"Okay!" Hellie excitedly squeals while grabbing your hands, demanding your attention for the apparent story she was about to tell.

"Well, Corey has been with me a little longer than Elias, but not that much longer, I think only a year or so, right...?" Hellie then turns to Cora to ask if she was guessing the time right.

"Mmm, yeah, I think so. Mother was appointed castle cook and Father was a guard, but they also wanted to educate me and have Misty taken care of... So! Hellie's mother, Valencia, the previous Empress--"

You don't miss a sad look Hellie momentarily had when her mother was mentioned... Not that you blame her--

"Offered to teach me if I watched over Helena and Misty when her and the Emperor were both busy! It was such a great agreement, and I've been with Hellie ever since!"

"Hee hee, little did she know not even a year later Elias and Elmiel would come into the picture and we'd cook up nothing but mischief!" Helena innocently giggles.

"Ugh! Don't remind me of the antics you two would get into when you first met!" Cora smacks her head in playful devastation while begging.

"I don't 'members much, cause ah was just a baby back then, but didn't you or Elias almost drop me on m'head, Empress?" Misty asks a very disturbing question casually.

You actually don't know which is more disturbing: The question, or how casual it was asked?

"Aheh... L-luckily Elmy was there to catch you before we dropped you..." Helena, blushing bright red in embarassment, purses her lips as she turns away while muttering sheepishly.

"Thank Celosia he was always there to help when you two got out of hand!" Cora sighs in exhaustion, the mere memory of it draining her, so it would seem.

"W-we were just trying to help Corey by giving you a bath! So she could have more time to play with us!" Hellie, still blushing, attempts to defend herself while covering her face.

"Thank goodness after mine and Elmiel's lecture you two never tried to help again," Cora teased.

"Aheh, you two angry was only something Elias and I needed to see ONCE," Hellie blurted, looking away and sweating bullets.

"I'm surprised you were able to help Cora fall for Clif with all the trouble you and Elias got into!" You chuckle, though deep down you feel kinda bad you're jealous Helena has known Elias that long.

...And been in his heart that long, too...

"Oh, it was very easy!" Hellie chirps, "I just had to be around him A LOT because then Corey would HAVE TO be near him, too!"

Hellienyoron.png

Corahrmmm.png

"I KNEW IT! YOU LITTLE SCAMP!" Cora pouts and narrows her eyes at the Empress.​

"Ahaha, b-but aren't you all the better for it?" Helena asks bashfully.

"Of course I am," Cora's expression softens as she admits the truth out loud.

"I knew Clif was in love with her the moment I saw him first lay eyes on her! He literally stopped walking and gaped at her when he first saw her!" The Empress tells while holding back a laugh.

"He then proceeded to crash straight into a castle pillar... And that is the very first time Clif and I met, and the first memory I have of my husband..." Cora sighs while facepalming.

You burst into laughter for a few moments but then stop so Hellie and Cora could continue the story.

"Poor boy... He was so tongue tied when he first introduced himself he forgot his own name!" Hellie guffaws.

"Oh my!" You laugh as well, feeling sorry for the poor guy... Though you can't really blame him, Cora must have been extremely beautiful even back then if Misty is any indication of her past beauty!

Huh, and vice versa, if Misty ages anything like her elder sister SHE is also going to grow up to be quite a beauty herself!

"He really is such a sweet guy, I couldn't let Cora pass him up!" Hellie smiled gently while explaining.

"He was soooo persistent, but... It wasn't like Whitey... Whitey kept TRYING to be suave and ended up just irritating me, but... Something about Clifton... How he kept trying and trying with all his heart, even when he had no idea how he would accomplish his goals, or had no chance OF accomplishing them... I think back then I half gave him a chance just because I was curious what he would do when I kissed him! Silly boy! I think he was stunned for a while! It was like a puppy who finally caught their tail and didn't know what to do with it once it had it!" Cora laughs fondly as she reminisces her first meetings with her husband.

You think you sort of understand... That sounds like a cute story!

"Haha! Oh yes, Clif is SOOO very persistent!" Hellie, giggling, also chimes in, "I still remember how he convinced Elmy to send him to the plains to start! He woke us up in the middle of the night, pounding on our door, and then showing my love that he got a letter of request from his father! I don't think Elmiel could have said no either way... But I think he also half said yes just because he knew more nights like this were to come if he didn't! That was the first time I had EVER heard Elmiel sound irritated and raise his voice!"

WHOOOOOOOAAAAA!!!

If ELIAS couldn't even get Elmiel to lose his cool with his silly antics, you can't even FATHOM what kind of a person Clifton is like...!

"His father?" You blink, a bit confused on why that would help, but you can sort of guess the request part was requesting Elmiel to send Clifton to the Levi Plains.

"His father was the previous Captains, Xander's father, second-in-command! If his father vouched for him, he must have earned it! Elmiel wouldn't say no to such a high recommendation!" The Empress explains.

"Ooooh! I see, I see!" You nod.

"Sometimes I think Synne is too much like his grandfather... Celosia knows how a man that serious ever had a son who was... Well, like Clif!" Cora at first sighs and then chuckles while informing everyone.

"Yeah, my nephew is one serious baby!" Misty beams proudly.

"He is, isn't he!?" You giggle, not noticing it til it was pointed out.

"Clif's father is a very honor and duty bound man... But, you know, I am sort of relieved Clifton ended up being a bit more carefree despite his father... I always worried even when I was smaller about his father stressing himself to death..." Helena yawns, causing you and Misty to yawn along with her.

You didn't realize how tired you were until then, and realize a lot more time has probably passed than you thought... Time really does fly when you're having fun!

Carbuncle had long since fallen asleep in your arms and you didn't notice! You were so enthralled with all these stories!

"Well, I think it's about time we all try to sleep... Much as I hate to say it, Rosie has to get up early tomorrow to start her journey and look for the third crest bearer... And it IS pretty late... Also, we've pretty much finished the bread pudding, anyway!"

Oh, wow! You had all been spooning away at it bit by bit you didn't even notice the wooden bowl was now empty!

"B-but..." Hellie tries to protest before another yawn interrupts her and she begins rubbing her eyes drowsily.

"No buts!" Cora teases and lifts the blankets and motions for you all to get under.

You, Misty, and Helena nod and yawn as you crawl under the covers after Misty changes into a small nightgown.

"Goodnight to my three favorite girls..." You hear softly chuckle to herself as you and Helena cuddle up on both sides of her as Misty cuddles up on your free side.

favoritesleepygirlscolordone.png

Mmmm... You don't know where you are... But..

It's nice and warm...

"You did a good job back in Tarrin, Kid. I'm pleased at just how fitting you really are to be my hierophant," You hear a familiar voice say.

You want to move and tilt your head in the direction the sound of their voice is... But you can't even open your eyes, let alone move your head.

You're not entirely sure if you're asleep?

"Thank you, truly. After his brush with misfortune it seemed the blacksmith's love was destined to die, as the chef wouldn't wait forever... And it appears his apprentice finally opened their eyes to love they had all along... I was hoping when your mission brought you to them, you might repair their bonds. You did not disappoint, Rosalina. That's a good start."

You hear yourself make a sort of pleased sound (as pleased as you can given your current state) and feel your mouth smile.

"I'm glad their love prospered. It would be such a shame if it didn't. And it was all thanks to you," You hear Celosia say.

"...You wish you looked different from the Empress, do you not? Because of the wind-bearer, and your feelings of love for him...?" You then hear her ask.

You are barely able to raise your eyebrows a tad in surprise.

"Well... While I don't want to truly alter your appearance... I can at least grant you this... It's a mark that shows you've been blessed by me... As a thank you for helping save the love you did in Tarrin."

You feel...

Celosia-kiss.png

Something warm touch your forehead...​

"What on Cion Isle happened last night?" You hear a familiar enticing voice ask.

"We don't know! We just woke up and i-it was like that!" You then Hellie frantically explain.

"How on Cion..." Cora could be heard muttering.

"Daddgum! I'm s'glad I came t'meet the he-ro-phant! This is amazin'!" Misty's voice cheers.

"Mmmmm..." You manage to utter as your eyes flutter open to see Elmiel, Helena, Cora, and Misty standing by the right side of the bed with concerned and contemplating expressions.

As you finally manage to open your eyes fully... You catch a glimpse of pink in your bangs just at the edge of your eyesight for a moment.

"Wha--?!" You gasp, jumping out of the bed and racing towards the table with your school bag, flipping on your glasses that were on said table with your bag (where you left it just before Misty came in last night), opening your bag violently, and fishing out your portable magenta hairbrush that doubles as a mirror, you unfold it and stare into it---

PInkstreak.png

You have a streak of pink in your bangs...​

Well then... You suppose Celosia kept to her word she was gonna help differentiate you from Hellie...

"Oh my!" You yelp while messing with the pink streak.

"Do you know how this happened, Rosie?" Elmiel asks with raised brows.

"N-no..." You mumble, more to yourself than him, honestly, "W-well.. Maybe..."

"Celosia?" Helena asks, clearly the thought made her worry a little less.

"I'm pretty sure, yeah..." You nod and confirm, "I think this was her way of thanking me for helping the two troubled couples of Tarrin when I was there..."

You conveniently leave out it was also due to your desire to be even just A LITTLE different from Hellie.

"Thank goodness!" Hellie beams and chirps as she claps her hands together in relief and delight.

"Well, that's a relief... I really wish Celosia would stop doing these kinds of things to you, but I suppose they know what's best for you better than any of us, really..." Elmiel sighs but then shakes his head as if to shake of the displeasure.

"Ah think it's cute!" Misty peeps happily, shooting you a goofy smile and causing you to smile back at her.

"...Heh, thanks," You bashfully blurt while looking away shyly.

"Anyway, I'm going to go see if breakfast is ready and if the supplies are all packed! C'mon, Mist! Mother should be here soon for you with Synne!" Cora urges and rushes her sister off while darn near darting out of the room.

"Bye, Miss He-ro-phant! Awful nice t'meetcha!" Misty calls out before Cora spirits her away.

"B-bye, you too..." You blink, almost not being able to react fast enough to her farewell.

"I'll go get Elias, Kaine, and Xander. I think Xander and Kaine might be awake already, But I'm fairly certain Elias may need some nudging. I'll see you lovely ladies when we eat?" Elmiel announces as he sneaks a peck on the lips from Helena.

"Of course, my love~!" Helena giggles in response.

Huh... It just occurred to you: You talked about darn near everyone's love stories BUT Helena and Elmiel's! Shoot!

"Bye, Elmiel!" You smile and wave, smiling wider as he smiles back at you and pats your head before he leaves.

When he leaves the room, Helena turns to you and smiles... But you definitely don't miss feeling a HUGE wave of relief coming from her once you two finally have a moment alone!

"Thank you... For not telling Cora... A-about... Er, last night..." She begins to mumble shyly.

"No, no! Not at all! It wasn't really my place, after all! If anything, I should be apologizing for almost spilling the beans!" You back-pedal as much as you possibly can.

"H-how did you even know?" Hellie tilts her head in confusion and curiosity, wondering if you could tell due to some psychic connection you two seem to have.

"...Elmiel told me--"

Helena gasps and covers her mouth.

"He was scared that you weren't going to make it after you gave birth since... You know... His mother died giving birth to Elias... S-so... He wanted to ask if I could use one wish, after I wish for Cion to be saved but before I wish to go home, to save you... Make sure you survive giving birth to your baby okay!" You explain.

Helena beams and puts her hands over heart, touched!

"Oh Rosie! You're too wonderful for words!" She exclaims as she throws herself on you into a tight embrace.

"Ah! Haha, you're welcome! I hope this makes up for almost telling Cora! Though... If you don't mind me asking... Why haven't you told Cora? Shouldn't at least her and Elias know?" You ponder.

"O-oh... I've debated telling Cora, for sure, but... Well... If we aren't even telling Elias yet, It wouldn't do to tell Cora either... Plus, poor dear has enough on her plate already! I don't want her fretting over me while she has her own son and little sister to take care of! And with her husband all the way in Levi Plains, not being able to help her take care of little Synne, for the time being... I-I wouldn't want to burden her further! I'm sure you'd do the same thing!" The Empress bashfully explains while looking away and blushing.

Heh... You had a hunch that was why...

"Can't say I wouldn't," You chuckle and gently smile.

"Well, we better get going... Breakfast is going to be ready soon, and you're all leaving right after that..." Hellie extends her hand to you, wanting to walk hand in hand to the Dining hall, and you don't really see why not.

"Yeah..." You nod and sigh while taking her hand and letting her lead you to the dining hall.

Breakfast was pretty uneventful overall (at least, after you explained your new pink streak of hair to your Papa and brother), though you did kinda hold back a giggle as Elmiel brought Elias into the dining room (Papa and Xander were already there), as his hair was all messed up a moment and he was yawning (Elmiel wasn't wrong about needing to nudge him out of bed, it seemed...) but as soon as he caught sight of you and Hellie (or... Maybe just Hellie...) he un-ruffled his sleepy bedhead and went bright red. Carbuncle laughs, too.

Like before, you and Helena got a pretty good portion size of hot, yummy porridge, but couldn't help but feel bad at big guys like Papa and Xander eating out of a preschool-sized bowl (and they only got one refill)... You tried to offer them a bit of your bowl when theirs ran out a second time, but neither of them would have it.

After Breakfast, Elmiel summons some servants to go grab your things from your room, and everyone else's personal belongings as well, while Cora gets a group of her own to go get your horses and other supplies you might be needing.

"Alright, first things first--" Elmiel begins as you all group around the Castle entrance (well Carbuncle was being a bit lazy to be considered part of the group while still being sleepy), taking out the old compass, glowing insanely and frequently enough to match a fast heartbeat (impressively visible despite being out in bright daylight), handing it to Elias, "Elias, Kaine... Put a little bit of your magic into this so the next crest bearer's life force it detects will be the third one."

"Okay!" Elias responds with gusto.

"Of course, Elmiel," Papa replies kindly.

Elias goes first as he opens the compass, closes his eyes, and steadily touches the compass's center while his hand is surrounded by wind... The compass glows brighter and then stops... But it goes back to glowing again as this time Papa takes it and engulfs his hand with fire!

The fire (you could see this time since the winds were transparent) was absorbed by the center of the compass...

The compass once again glows near blindingly bright for a moment, and then...

For a moment... A few precious seconds so brief had you blinked you might have missed it...

It's glowing arrow flickered as it shakily pointed Northeast...

Unfortunately it then seemed to do a 180, as right after that it pointed Southwest and stayed pointing at it unflinching and un-movingly... The arrow was almost smack dab in the middle of the South and West markers...

It glows steadily... Indicating that this is indeed the direction to go for the third crest bearer.

Was... Was that temporary moment it pointed Northeast a fluke...? Just the compass starting up or something?

"Wonderful! It looks like you all know the way to go now!" Elmiel cheers as he also catches a glimpse at the compass glowing Southwest... But he's definitely acting like he didn't see where it pointed to initially (not that you blame him, he was probably blinking).

Xander takes a look at the compass and as soon as he sees the direction it's pointing at you sure don't miss a frown scrunch his normally handsome face... Though it looks like, for now, he's not saying anything... But a sneaking suspicion in your gut tells you that you're gonna find out what's on his mind sooner rather than later...

And you're probably not gonna like it...

"Hey... Elmiel... Wait..." You barely manage to speak up, but the lurching in your stomach keeps you from being shy, "Can I see a map really quick...?"

"Oh, sure! Why not?" He asks while tilting his head, snapping his finger towards an arriving servant, "Might I have the map we've supplied them with, please?"

"Of course, Milord," The servant replied, taking out a scroll and handing it to him, who them promptly hands it to you.

You open up the map and begin checking the directions... And where they might lead...

CionIsle.png

>>MENTION WHERE THE COMPASS FIRST POINTED, IGNORE IT AND MOVE ON, OR ASK XANDER WHAT AILS HIM? Y/N<<

code by @Satanic Nightjar

Last edited:
Alright, I'm awful with directions, but I'm trying. If I'm not mistaken, we're in Auran now, and the compass points kind of in the direction of the Lost Loch, but before, it pointed towards the Shrine of the Sky?

I think we can definitely ask what the Shrine of the Sky is (we don't even necessarily need to mention the compass pointing there for that), and asking Xander also doesn't hurt, I'd say.

It's strange that the compass did that, and it looks like Xander is confused about something. Maybe Xander thinks that the Northeast is not the correct way to go? I would ask Xander what's on his mind first.

Whether he tells us or not, it'll be an opportunity to mention that the compass pointed toward the Shrine of the Sky first. I don't think we should ignore it and move on.

Rosalina Chandra

Alright, I'm awful with directions, but I'm trying. If I'm not mistaken, we're in Auran now, and the compass points kind of in the direction of the Lost Loch, but before, it pointed towards the Shrine of the Sky?

I think we can definitely ask what the Shrine of the Sky is (we don't even necessarily need to mention the compass pointing there for that), and asking Xander also doesn't hurt, I'd say.

It's strange that the compass did that, and it looks like Xander is confused about something. Maybe Xander thinks that the Northeast is not the correct way to go? I would ask Xander what's on his mind first.

Whether he tells us or not, it'll be an opportunity to mention that the compass pointed toward the Shrine of the Sky first. I don't think we should ignore it and move on.

I pretty much agree with wat Felis Felis said, let's ask! More info is a good thing to know the best course of action!

Ask about where compass was pointing!

Rosiesuspects.png

You can't help but frown as the now frozen-in-place arrow on the compass keeps pointing straight to the southwest, glowing steadily and intermittently.​

Sure enough, if you follow the map past the Clear Crystal Channel, it does indeed seem to be pointing towards Lost Loch.

But, you follow the map northeast on your finger (thinking it might land along the Shrine of the Sky) right from Auran's entrance, you actually find your finger stopping... Near the edge of the isle.... That is covered by the Tornigan Woodlands...

Your stomach lurches, and a feeling of anxiety showers you... If Calliope is a crest-bearer, wouldn't the compass be pointing to HER first, since the woodlands are closer to you than Lost Loch?

"Hey, Elmiel?" You ask while staring at the map and trying not to frown too much.

"Yes? Is something wrong?" He asks, unsurprisingly noticing your frown as you examine the map.

"What's the Shrine of the sky?" You question while not really taking your eyes off the map.

"Oh! Goodness, wow, you are thinking ahead!" He almost cheers, causing you to look up at him and raise a confused brow, he chuckles, clears his throat, and begins explaining, "Well, my dear, The Shrine of the Sky is abandoned at the moment, but when you come back with all seven crest bearers you will then be taken there to purify yourself with the waters inside it!"

"OH!" You exclaim, kinda scolding yourself for being so silly as to not think ahead of how the actual summoning Celosia ritual may go, "So... There wouldn't be anyone there at the moment?"

"Er, well, no... It should be empty at this point in time..." Elmiel mumbles, though deep in thought, "I mean... It is just an empty shrine, though I suppose I'll have to send some workers there in the next few days to clean up the place and fill it with blessed waters..."

"I see..." You sigh heavily, meaning that it was more like, if it wasn't some fluke, it WAS pointing to the edge of Tornigan Woodlands rather than the shrine.

"I can tell you more about the ritual right now, if you'd like? Though you may just hear this again when you finally come back with all the crest-bearers at hand..." Elmiel kindly offers, if not a bit bashfully and hesitantly.

"Sure!" You nod, figuring you may as well know what exactly happens once your mission is complete.

"Well, as I just said, you'll be taken to the Shrine of the Sky, which I will get workers to start filling it with water from the lake next to it, the Sacred Cove--"

Aaaaah, so it is special water that goes inside it!

"And then you'll bathe in its waters. After that, you will be brought back here to perform the ritual. We will gather you all around in the throne room, and then you will read from text from the sacred scroll to summon Celosia," Elmiel explains while nodding.

"Uhm..." You begin, blinking, wondering how you're gonna tell Elmiel you can't actually really read in the native language.

"Don't worry," You suddenly feel Elias' hand on your shoulder, "I'll teach you everything you need to know to be able to read it!"

"Thanks," You smile back at him.

"Is that all you wanted to know?" Elmiel asks.

"Mmm, yeah, for now! Thank you Elmiel!" You chirp as you express your gratitude.

"You're very welcome, Rosie!" Elmiel smiles back.

"We're here, everyone!" You hear Cora call from behind, turning around to see the beautiful mother with her squadron of servants.

Oh, hey! Among them is the guard Elmiel sent to the woods yesterday!

You greet and hug Cora before she starts her work, and she hugs you back tightly before getting to it, but before the familiar guard could do anything you gently tug his sleeve to grab his attention.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you, but may I ask how it went yesterday when "delivering" the medicine to Tornigan Woodlands?" You question curiously, not being able to be subtle at all how much this worried you, adding to your question, "Did Calliope receive the medicines alright?"

"Weeeeeeeell, It wasn't Calliope, BUT--" He begins to explain, then stopping to fish in his pockets to reveal--

silverhairagain.png

OH! OH! A SILVER HAIR!

"It WAS the silver-haired man!"

"Ah! Ah! That's wonderful!" You cry in happiness.

"Oh, he was so sophisticated!" The guard, unbelievably, begins gushing, "He made sure not to hurt us as he incapacitated us, and was all--"

The guard pauses a moment and then tries to imitate the mysterious silver-haired man--

silverhairedman.png

"Sorry, gentlemen, but I'm afraid I'll need to take these!"

The guard then stands still and gives you a goofy smile.​

"O-oh, goodness!" You reply at first, not really knowing how to respond to all this, then adding, "W-well, I'm glad he didn't hurt you and that you're alright! Did he tie you up or knock you guys out or something?"

You figured probably tying them up would be less harmful, and that seems to be the route this mysterious Silver-haired man is taking granted he didn't hurt Carbuncle when he had the chance to.

"He tied us up before robbing us, but the knots were REALLY LOOSE. We were able to get out of it within the hour!" The guard explained.

Ooooh, so he just did it to stall while he raided them but didn't actually want to leave them stranded!

"Well, I'm glad you're okay, and that he didn't hurt you while taking the medicine!" You gently nod and smile while expressing relief.

Though, unfortunately, it was short-lived: Again, as Elmiel stated yesterday, the fact only the two of them out of however many possibly live in the forest being the only ones out and about doesn't bode well...

Something inside you is telling you the first direction the compass pointed in was no fluke...

"Hey, Elmiel... So... About how this compass works..." You begin, opening it up again and looking at the center of the compass.

"Oh! Yes! So, It detects the strongest life force of the nearest crest-bearer! Once it absorbs a bit of magic from the found crest-bearer, it should just move on to the next, and so on and so forth until all are gathered!"

...Strongest life force... of the nearest crest bearer...

Your heart drops once you hear that...

What if... It wasn't a fluke... And what if... It REALLY WAS pointing the way to the nearest crest-bearer... But their life force wasn't...

"Oh SHOOT!" Cora snaps you back to reality as she shouts in frustration, seemingly mad, though from how she smacked her head, it appeared to be only at herself.

"I'm sorry, Milord," Cora begins to profusely apologize while bowing to Elmiel and Hellie, "I can't believe this, but I forgot A THIRD HORSE for their wagon!"

"...Wagon?" Elias tilts his head while asking.

"Ah, yes," Elmiel, now VERY COY as he speaks, "As you were all well aware, you won't exactly be coming back as soon as you did on your LAST journey to find the crest-bearers, as this time you'll be looking for five instead of one, and ALL AROUND CION, instead of just one village, so--"

wagon.png

"I thought you all might like to travel in style."
>>GOT A WAGON TO TRAVERSE CION ISLE WITH ALL YOUR STUFF AND CREST-BEARERS STYLISHLY! <<

Allmight-Xander.png

"I love you, sir... Er, plato--"

nohomotho.png

"Platonically, of course. Feelings mutual. "

What a rad bromance!

"Ahaha! Excellent! It's new and nice, but not so fancy we'd attract suspicion or too much attention! Plus re-supplying will be easy with all the space the wagon has!" Papa notes, impressed and pleased simultaneously.

"Wow! nice!" Elias chimes in, happy as well.

"Yes, but give me a moment. I forgot to bring a third horse for this thing. Xerxes and Cocoa won't be able to trek this along with all its weight and you guys alone, after--"

"Chika~!" Carbuncle then cries suddenly, apparently now wide awake.

"C-carbuncle?!" You cry out in startlement as he hops right out of your arms.

"Chika! Chi-kah-kah! Chikah?" He... appears to be asking the horses something...?

Cocoa and Xerxes shift their gazes over to the wagon, look at each other, and then neigh back while nodding.

What on Cion is going on?!

"Chikah! Chi!" He smiles and hops up happily... Staying in the air a bit longer than you're comfortable admitting due to his winged ears.

Carbuncle then begins glowing a bright pastel blue color...

And then the remaining shape began growing...

And growing...

AND GROWING...

It was now the size and shape of a horse.

mylittlecarbuncle.png

>>YOUR CARBUNCLE EVOLVED INTO A PEGASUS!<<

Your sweet little bunbun is now your average-sized horsie... Well, near average albino horsie, at least, as aside his still red eyes (and mane and tail!), the red carbuncle on his forehead, and black hooves his coat is still pure white...

...And he still has wings...

You purse your lips as your eyebrows go higher than a skyscraper and your eyes widen probably to more than they have their entire life.

Size was really the only thing keeping you from believing Carbuncle wasn't the winged-beast... but... now...

You look around and you and Hellie basically have the same facial expressions while everyone else's jaws drop to the floor.

Your once Carbuncle, now turned horsie, neighs happily at you while trotting in place happily before you.

You really don't know what to think...

Other than...

Carbuncle may well actually be the winged beast.

Your stomach lurches a tad, but... Celosia DID give him to you...

Wait...

Didn't she say so that you wouldn't be afraid of "that"?

What if "that"... was...

"Uhm..." Hellie kinda mumbles.

Elias, Xander, Papa, and everyone else are too speechless to say anything (well, anything coherent).

"A-as... As to be expected of an animal companion given to you by our benevolent diety?" Elmiel "states", ending that statement in what sounded more like a question than a statement, with almost all the hesitancy on Cion Isle.

"Y-yeah... Yeah..." You mutter, not really being able to give him a better explanation even if you tried.

Well... Maybe not one that wouldn't send Hellie into cardiac arrest... In a world without defibrillators, no less!

"Ahaaaaa..." Hellie nods slowly and mumbles back just as unsure.

"Well... I guess I didn't forget a horse..." Cora just blinks and pats Horse-Carbuncle while guiding him over to the wagon and saddling him up alongside Cocoa and Xerxes, who only seem to nod in satisfaction at another horse to help them.

"Right... So..." Xander just seems to go along with this, either not caring or flat-out ignoring the fact Carbuncle shape-shifted everything about himself but his wings (though it's probably the former rather than the latter) and finishing his statement with, "Can I get a look at the map and the compass again...? I just wanna double check where it's pointing...?"

Uh-oh. There goes that feeling in your gut again.

"Uh, oh, sure..." You murmur as you hand Xander the map and compass, "Did you see-- Uhm... The--"

"Hm...? See what?" Xander asks while mimicking you, apparently missing the original direction it was pointing and having a problem with its current direction, while he looked at the direction the map is pointing and following its path with his finger from Auran southwest to Lost Loch... You can't help but feel your heart stop when you see his face harden into a near glare as his finger stops at Lost Loch.

"Mmm..." He makes a displeased sound while mumbling something incoherent as he hands you back the map and compass.

"I-is everything ok?" You ask, tilting your head in confusion.

"Yeah..." Xander obviously lies, while turning away to help load the last remaining things on the wagon, but you can hear him add, "...I just hope I'm wrong."

He... hopes he's wrong...?

About what, exactly?

Before you could think more about it, Hellie stops you from moving and gently takes your hands (with the compass in them).

"R-rosie..." Hellie begins, looking down ashamedly.

"Y-yes?" You wonder out loud, wondering what she could possibly have to say to you to look so guilty.

"P...Please take good care of Papa's compass... It's all I have left of him..." She gives you puppy dog eyes while pleading.

"Oh Hellie... Of course I will!" You can't help but giggle and hug her and coo as she hugs you back tight.

"I hate saying good-bye...!" Hellie tears up as she finally lets go of you.

"Yeah... Me too... Not surprising, huh...?" You chuckle while stepping away after she lets go of you first.

"Good luck and may Celosia bless you on your journey!" Elmiel also gives you a quick hug while wishing you luck and farewell.

"Well said!" Cora praises Elmiel and then warmly smiles farewell at you as well, giving you a more tender and longer hug.

Elias then taps you on your shoulder and smiles at you, mostly to ease your nerves as he senses you're tensing up, and offers to guide you to the wagon. You blush and, throwing him a bone just this once (this can't possibly come back to bite you in the butt, you figure), offer to let him guide you. He even goes the full mile as a gentleman and helps you up into the wagon.

Carbuncle neighs happily, but you hear a disapproving grunt come from your Papa as you two approach and board the wagon.

Popping your head out from the wagon and waving to your castle friends one last time, fighting back the tears and sobs, as Hellie and Cora are fighting tears themselves and Elmiel has a very sad smile about him.

You're going to miss all of them...

You realize you are misty eyed with hot tears running down your face as you continue to wave to them, even after Xander and Papa started the carriage and you kept waving long after they were out of eyesight.

"Hey, that thing still pointing southwest?" You hear Xander ask you from the "drivers seat" of the wagon approximately an hour after the last time he asked.

He sounds anxious.

"Mmmhm, it sure is," You nod and confirm while double checking the compass and map.

"Nnngh," A displeased groan escapes your (almost) brother.

You've all been traveling quite a bit already, deep into the afternoon and approaching evening in good time, but you're all still only a little bit a ways away from the Clear Crystal Channel, let alone this Lost Loch. You'll probably either set up camp soon or just shoot straight into the late night to make it to an Inn in Havendell.

You've done nothing but think about Carbuncle truly being the Winged beast and just what the original direction the compass was pointing to meant the entire time you've been travelling in the wagon.

Your heart feels too squeezed for it to brush it off as a fluke...

Elmiel said that the compass points the way to the strongest life force of the closest crest-bearer... But... What if it WAS pointing to the nearest crest-bearer then, it just wasn't strong enough...

The northeast would point at the edge of the Isle where there was still forest, right?

...And wasn't there someone (or several people) sick in the forest?

Your heart nearly stops at the thought.

The sooner you get the rest of the crest-bearers in your party the better...

"Is... Is there something about Lost Loch that bothers you?" You finally ask, figuring you should do this anyway, and since you're getting closer to Havendell and the Clear Crystal Channel, and staying there (or camping) for the night before getting closer to Lost Loch.

"Lost Loch?! THAT'S WHERE WE'RE HEADING?!" Papa then gasps and nearly falls off the "passengers seat" off the wagon, so much so that Xander has to actively help him to keep him from falling.

Oh boy...

"Alright... What are you two not telling me?" You frown and question the two of them.

"Well... It might be a bit too soon to start making assumptions... I don't wanna worry you..." Xander lowly growls.

"I don't like what I hear about that place... I hope the compass starts pointing in other directions soon..." Papa groans as well.

Your heart sinks even more, and it's getting difficult to breathe.

"Nnnngh, Guys, maybe you should tell me anyway, because the compass' arrow is un-moving, and it looks like it might not change til we get there--"

"It could change the closer we get to it, probably pointing us to Loredge soon enough. Besides, I'm almost fairly sure no one is at Lost Loch anyway, let alone a crest bearer," Xander interrupts you, and though it isn't a harsh tone, it definitely had a not-too-subtle "drop it" tone to it.

You don't miss his uncertainty, however, and you suspect it's less Xander doesn't think there's anyone there but rather he HOPES no ones is...

"I mean, I'd think if it was going to change direction, it probably would have by now, wouldn't it? Aren't we close enough to the nearest place that would be populated, Havendell?" You ask while giving a glance at the map yet again.

"Like I said, maybe it'll change direction when we're closer to Loredge. No one's at Lost Loch, anyway. It's deserted," Xander repeats himself.

There's that feeling you get where it's more like he's hoping rather than he's suspecting.

"Xander is right, dear... We should wait until we're at least at Havendell before we start making assumptions," Papa chimes in as well.

Ugh! Why are these two hiding things from you!?

"Hey, Elias, what do you--" You begin to ask your wind-bearer, giving him some of your attention when you realize in this moment you've scarcely given him any attention at all...

Only to find him looking both grim... And like he was about to cry... or about to fight tears...

He's looking at the map...

Elias-Crying.png

"Elias?!" You can't help yourself, you pull him into a comforting hug as you gasp his name.​

"I-I'm okay... S-sorry, I just... H-havendell..." He murmurs through chokes like he's about to start sobbing.

"...It's where you were born, isn't it?" You hear yourself ask, not knowing when or how the hunch got to you.

"Y-yeah..." He mumbles back lowly in reply.

Wow... Elmiel trekked all this way with a young Elias so, so long ago to reach the castle!

Poor Elias...

Wait...

Where he was born--

Where his father died!

Where his father... is buried!

And his mother!!

Oh...

Oh, the poor dear...

Maybe... Maybe he wants to stay there tonight and visit his parent's grave...

Oh Elias...

You want to give him the chance to at least say good-bye to his parents, he may never have a chance like this for a long time, if at all, again...

But... But you really can't waste time... You've got to get to the third crest-bearer...

You're already growing wearier and wearier the further you get from the forest, and your suspicion that a sick crest-bearer may be hidden among it is why...

It's just a night and a bit of morning... You were all most likely going to set up camp close to Havendell anyway, if the main plan already wasn't to soldier through to Havendell's Inn to start...

But... Nnngh, darnit! Even if the compass doesn't change direction when you get closer to Havendell, it's one thing to pass through it, but quite another to stop at it!

>>ASK TO STAY AT HAVENDELL OR PASS IT BY? <<

Last edited:
Wow, many things happened. We have air and ground travel XD

I say to stop by Havendell before moving on. It would be a good time to rest and fakd some time think about our next move.

Somehow, I think the compass isn't going to stop pointing towards Lost Loch...

I'm also for making a stop at Havendell. I think it's good if we give Elias a chance to visit his parents' grave, if he wants to, since we're already here. It gives us time to try and coax some information about Lost Loch out of our friends as well. If it's such a scary(?) place, it would probably be good if we knew what we are getting into before we arrive there. Plus, exploration! :)

I am kind of worried about the potentially sick crest-bearer in Tornigan, but I don't think we can do much about it right now. Unless the compass starts pointing there again, we don't even have a reliable way of finding them. For the moment, we'll just have to hope the medicine reaches them.

Considering the direction of the narrative, the compass will probably not change direction, but still spotting by a major city, if nothing else than the amenities and the faint chance of a new direction might be worth it. We should also give Emiel some time to pay his respects to his late father.

So let's stop by the place.

Letting Elias pay respects!

Rosalina Chandra

Wow, many things happened. We have air and ground travel XD

I say to stop by Havendell before moving on. It would be a good time to rest and fakd some time think about our next move.

Somehow, I think the compass isn't going to stop pointing towards Lost Loch...

I'm also for making a stop at Havendell. I think it's good if we give Elias a chance to visit his parents' grave, if he wants to, since we're already here. It gives us time to try and coax some information about Lost Loch out of our friends as well. If it's such a scary(?) place, it would probably be good if we knew what we are getting into before we arrive there. Plus, exploration! :)

I am kind of worried about the potentially sick crest-bearer in Tornigan, but I don't think we can do much about it right now. Unless the compass starts pointing there again, we don't even have a reliable way of finding them. For the moment, we'll just have to hope the medicine reaches them.

Considering the direction of the narrative, the compass will probably not change direction, but still spotting by a major city, if nothing else than the amenities and the faint chance of a new direction might be worth it. We should also give Emiel Elias some time to pay his respects to his late father.

So let's stop by the place.

Visit Havendell and let Elias pay respects to his late Parents!
decidingon-Havendell.png

You DO want to get to the 3rd crest-bearer as soon as possible... BUT, despite the stunt he pulled at the Inn in Tarrin, He deserves to at least say good-bye to his father!​

With some resolve and determination, you silently plead Celosia to forgive you for stalling just a bit longer on finding her 3rd crest-bearer, as right now Elias' mental well-being is a tad more important!

You know in your heart this poor boy hasn't been to this village since he left... under those... horrible circumstances...

He's a crest-bearer. Not only that, a crest-bearer who found their way to the Emperor when he was just five! He was practically groomed from the near beginning of his life to protect and serve the Emperor and his famil--

...You know, you've never had a true free moment to stop and think about this, but... You can't help but wonder how heartbroken Elias' father would be to see his poor young son be trained and taught of all this at such a tender age...

Sure, Papa might have known young, too... But... He probably learned at least through his papa and his ancestors books (You're assuming at least, maybe you'll ask him about this later?) and you haven't even MET the others (though you're sure they have been through a lot, too! No devaluing their pain for Elias' here!).. but none of them, not a single one... Have been under imperial training since they were five, you imagine...

Being told your destiny at five and then that they must protect some strange girl from another world when they arrive as well as be the Emperors daughters personal bodyguard...

No parent would be happy seeing that, you think...

You wonder, if at least Elias' father hadn't died... If Elias' life wouldn't have taken this turn...?

But, even still... Elias was pretty much born with this... So maybe his Father might have taken him to Auran regardless...? Though, after losing his wife, would he really give up Elias to the Emperor?

Or maybe it would be like an arrangement they'd work out like Cora and her parents did? Crest-bearer is a bit more important than retainer for the Emperors daughter, right?

You shake off the odd random thoughts that you swear are almost implanted somehow and nod subtly to yourself. He may or may not get this change after this is all over, but for now he also has this chance, and you're not gonna let him miss it!

You yawn loudly and rub your eyes, peeking through one slightly at Papa and Xander to make sure you've got their attention.

Xander keeps his eyes on the road, but Papa turns back to look at you.

"Gosh, I'm getting tired... And we didn't really stop to eat... And Havendells really close by..." You begin, yawning again for added effect.

"Do you want to make camp, sweetheart?" Papa asks you curiously and concernedly.

"Well, actually, I don't sleep too good sleeping on the ground mostly, you see--"

Which isn't exactly a lie, you haven't exactly been sleeping well since you got to this world--

"And since Havendell may be the only place with an actual bed for us to sleep in for a while--"

You can already hear Elias perking up, and also an adorable happy gasp?!

"We can stay at an Inn if or when we get to Loredge... We need the money given to us to resupply for food and such more than nights at an Inn when we have perfectly good camping supplies. We keep getting used to luxuries and spending frivolously there's no telling how bad things will get when we run out of money and have no way to earn it back..." Xander warns, and not-too-subtly tells us no.

"...Xander, it's still pointing towards Lost Loch..." You reply grimly, not lying as you give the compass and map a glance.

Xander sighs in frustration and exasperation.

Papa grimaces as well.

"Please...? Just for tonight, and then I promise I won't ask us to soldier through to whatever next town ever again! We camp when the sun goes down!" You beg.

Xander and Papa look at each other briefly and then look at you.

"Please?" You plead.

A heavy sigh escapes Xander again, and he... nods!

"Only because if we didn't at least attempt to get closer to more people to see if that darn arrow would move I probably wouldn't sleep too well, anyway..." Xander exhales in response to your request.

"Thanks, big brother!" You cheer happily, knowing this big softie of a gentle giant wouldn't let you down!

You can't help but silently clench your fists and bring your arms closer together in victory and mouth "yes!"

But before you can revel in this win, you squeak as Elias suddenly pulls you closer to him in a tight embrace!

Elias-Rosiehug.png

"Thank you," You can barely hear him say over your quickly beating heart.​

"Y-y-y-y-y-y-you're welcome!" You barely manage to stutter back.

When he finally lets go of you, the two of you exchange awkward and shy glances in silence all the way to Havendell. It was pretty much a straight shot, everyone unanimously agreeing to trek through dinner in favor of at least eating once arriving for a late dinner.

"Oh!" You exclaim as you get out of the carriage with Elias' help.

Havendell looks well and good, about as average as any village in the middle ages you suspect, but what REALLY gets your attention isn't the entrance to the village at all, but rather the BEAUTIFUL flowers surrounding the entrance! You HAD to get off to take in everything and Xander figured stretching your legs for a bit to get to the Inn wouldn't be a bad idea.

angelblossoms.png

They look like a stunning combination of a lily and a bird of paradise, and their petals almost look like wings! Not only to they look stunning, but they small fantastic as well! It's like a subtle mix of rose and jasmine deliciously blended together and your nostrils are in heaven getting a good whiff of it.​

"They're lovely!" You exclaim as you squat down to caress the petals of the closest one.

"They're called Angel blossoms," Elias explains, almost chirping, beaming at you while you give the blossoms beautiful petals a soft caress, "Because their petals look like feathery angel wings!"

"I take it you do not have flowers like these in your world, sweetheart?" Papa asks curiously.

"I wish! Definitely not..." You nod while confirming, thinking just how lucky you might have been to stumble onto coal in this world since the flowers already differentiate (you HAD seen some flowers, but you're no florist, you aren't sure if they were exactly part of your world or not, just THIS flower you've got to see up close and its so distinct you're pretty sure they might not be in your world!)

"C'mon, lets settle in and grab some dinner before bed..." Xander nods and gets everyone back on track.

You enter Havendell, and can't help but smile as you take in the scenery: Though it mostly is a quiet and quaint little village, there is a charming air about it as the buildings and houses all seem to be sturdily made with stone and look absolutely adorable! All of it is looking like it was ripped out of a fantasy RPG and you love it! It doesn't hurt the rose-y/jasmine-y aroma wafts on well into the village and is just heavenly.

Your smile almost fades, though, as a good look at the villagers will show while they seem to be in good health they don't exactly look too happy: Their faces all have a concerned effervescence and you don't miss a few of them having a subtle cough. Another quick glance around will show nearly each house has a small vegetable patch right beside it... And the grim, worried faces of everyone farming (plus, painstakingly and dotingly tending to their crops at this hour already says something...) tell you all you need to know about just how hard-hitting the famine really is.

You can't deny you've been sheltered from it in Auran, and Tarrin was too cold to worry about crops (and possibly plague as well, given how you know bacteria and virus' can't cultivate in the cold), but now...

Now, you really see. You need to hurry. These people are barely hanging on.
You also have to be careful... If YOU get sick, there's little hope for everyone!

Your heart both melts and sinks as you see a little girl bringing her father, who was tending to his vegetable patch outside, a cup and pitcher of water while her mother, you're assuming, is pouring oil or something into a glowing lantern that the farmer is using.

You feel a little bad making this stop, but there's nothing for it now.

Your party makes their way to the Inn in a few steps inside the village as you take in all the scenery! The sights and smell keep you from feeling stomach-lurchingly awful and despite the almost frantic villagers, they seem to be keeping their spirits up regardless.

"This is it. I hope you're all hungry, since we don't want to use up our supplies here when we could just toss a few coins for some hearty pottage while we're staying," Xander informs as you all approach the entrance.

"Mmm, though it may spoil us and get us used to a bed during our travels when we'll have none more often than not," Papa points out, half-joking.

"Mmm, I can smell it from here already! Yum!" Elias cheers while sniffing the air around.

Oh! He's right! A delicious soupy aroma invades your nostrils as Xander opens the door to the Inn, this one was called The Blossoming Tavern and Inn.

The Blossoming Inn was naturally a bit differently decorated than Tarrin's Ox Fur Inn (as well as having a bit of a different layout: Where everything was more centered back at Ox Fur Inn's "reception" area, this one seems to have most things on the left-hand side right next to the upstairs entrance), the main "welcoming" room automatically is decorated to have a dual function as a pub while actually donning the angel blossoms in pretty clay vases on plain white tablecloth on each table and instead of animal pelts on the walls its just mounted quilts with cute cross-stitching of various vegetables! Some you recognize, to your relief, like tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, radishes, potatoes, cucumbers, and broccoli... But there are also some you don't quite recognize... Aw, how cute! There's one in the shape of a heart, but the leaf stemming from its top is brown and it has a muddy red-orange color to it... You wonder what THAT veggie is called? Well, at least the villagers here look less tense than the ones outside.

Before you can take in much more of the scene or ask anything Xander guides everyone to a free table and hollers at the Innkeeper. The jolly, plump woman behind the counter beams and nods while turning back behind her to the cooking area and shouting something.

You, Papa, and Elias find your seats while Xander goes back out to get the carriage and horses in the stables.

He brings back... bunny Carbuncle (apparently he can also revert back to his original form)... while sighing.. And despite your fears and suspicions Carbuncle may actually BE the winged beast you happily share your bowl of pottage with him (you're hungry, but figure you need to do your part to keep your party fed, and poor Carbuncles been running all day!) while holding back laughter.

Xander bought two rooms with two beds each in them (the angel!) and you share a room with Papa this time, instead of Elias (you think both him and Papa advocated for that wordlessly when signing in), though you aren't sure how you feel about that.

Not that it matters, despite you or Elias wanting it or not, neither Papa nor Xander do.

You giggle and nuzzle tenderly the sleeping Carbuncle in your arms and gently place him to the far right side of your pillow, the bunbun already fast asleep from sheer exhaustion (not that you blame him for all the work he did today).

You hear Papa yawn as he plops down on the bed, and you can't help but smile.

You gasp as you hear Elias and Xander talking as you go to close the door--

"So, it's alright if I go visit them? Thanks! I promise I won't be long--"
"Er, don't worry about it. We're obviously staying the night, so take your time. Kaine and I can watch over Rosie while you're away."
"Thanks! I know we aren't leaving til tomorrow morning, but I still might not take long...!"
"Alright. Er... Good luck, I guess?"

Xander doesn't really sound like he knows what to say.

This looks like it's your chance: Papa is getting ready for bed, and its possible they may talk about whatever the heck is up with Lost Loch (and didn't Xander say it was supposed to be deserted as well? The thought the arrow is pointed supposedly to somewhere deserted doesn't sit well with you)... But you have been kinda ignoring Elias a little bit as of late... Plus, this will definitely be YOUR only opportunity to pay respects to his parents as well... For the person you love, that definitely seems like something you want to do... Plus, you'd like to say thank you to Elias' mother...

That and exploring Havendell unchaperoned, essentially (unless Elias catches you following him)...

You manage to take a good look at your compass before you check to make sure Xander is closing the door to their room... It is still pointing steadfast at Lost Loch's direction...

>>FOLLOW ELIAS OR STAY IN AT THE INN AND SPEAK WITH PAPA AND XANDER? <<

Last edited:
I say we give the guy some space. There might be interesting things to learn but... Honestly I don't wanna get between this person and their mourning if it isn't necessary / for the greater good (almost wrote greater food there, can you tell I'm super tired? :P )

Hmm... both options have their pros and cons, I feel. But in the end, I feel like we may end up regretting it later if we pass up our only chance to pay our respects to Elias' parents, so I'll vote we follow Elias, too.

Gonna stalk Elias like you were his paparazzi!

Rosalina Chandra

I say we give the guy some space. There might be interesting things to learn but... Honestly I don't wanna get between this person and their mourning if it isn't necessary / for the greater good (almost wrote greater food there, can you tell I'm super tired? :P )
I say try to follow Elias without being detected, and also take this opportunity to go exploring.
Hmm... both options have their pros and cons, I feel. But in the end, I feel like we may end up regretting it later if we pass up our only chance to pay our respects to Elias' parents, so I'll vote we follow Elias, too.

2 to 1 follow that Elias!

You... You don't want to go against Papa and big brothers wishes, and sneak off almost by yourself at night, but...

This is your only chance.

Even though he never really got to meet his mom and can't really remember his father, his parents still mean a lot to him...
And he means a lot to you...

You look back at Xander and Elias' door as you hear it shut from yours and one glance at Papa tells you he is also already fast asleep (You don't think there are enough hours in a day or week for him to make up the sleep he lost through the years warming Tarrin) and while you hate to take advantage of this, and you fear perhaps in not talking to at least Xander about Lost Loch (you still don't feel good about the compass so adamantly pointing to it when it is supposed to be deserted) you might get taken by surprise tomorrow...

Well, first off, there's nothing for it: All knowing about whatever makes him uneasy about Lost Loch will just make you worry and lose some sleep as well, and if it continues pointing towards it like it is, you can't stop having to go there for your third crest-bearer anyway...

Plus, eventually, when you get there, you're gonna find out anyway... For better or for worse.

You quickly nod to yourself, headstrong and determined about your decision to follow Elias, and grab a cloak before swiftly and quietly rushing out the room and Inn to follow your wind-bearer.

choosing-Elias.png

You yank your hood over your face (glasses or no, if Hellie's been here even slightly recently it could mean game over should anyone "recognize you" as the Empress) and quietly follow Elias' trail.​

To your surprise, he seems to start off his journey by... Huh... Going back to Havendell's entrance???

Oh!

You smile as he bends down quietly and beams while charmingly humming to himself and carefully picking angel blossoms from the fields you just walked by before dinner. You wish you could see their color better in the moonlight, but they all almost glow pastel blue and pastel pink. Some even pastel purple.

He looks... He looks incredible in the moonlight himself, and you thank Celosia internally for this wonderful sight and choosing not to miss this!

You beam and hold back a giggle as you recognize the tune he's humming: It's "I love to sing-a", the song you and Rondo sang when he first was bonded to you.

You could gaze at him foreve--

"It's not nice to follow and stare at people when they think they're alone, child--" Comes a voice you've never heard before.

"O-oh!" You yelp in surprise, hoping Elias didn't hear you.

oldlady.png

There's a rather decrepit old woman before you, almost looking like a witch with two warts on her nose and a snaggletooth... and her unfortunate toothy smile tells you that that tooth may just be her only good remaining one...​

You turn back a moment to make sure Elias didn't hear you and luckily he was just far away enough not to. You breathe a sigh of relief while clutching your heart, thinking your little stealth mission may have been over right then and there, and then can't help but divert your attention back to the old woman with a pout.

"I-I know... Pl-please don't frighten me like that!" You loudly whisper in your plea.

The old woman quietly cackles with her toothy (or would the more appropriate word be toothless??) grin and you can't help but wince. Her breath is as bad as her mouth would hint it to be: It smells like old french onion soup and broccoli that was left un-refrigerated for two or so nights! You're really glad you're close enough to smell the angel blossoms or else this might be torture.

Strangely, you can't help but feel relief tugging in the back of your mind: You'd rather be slightly grossed out by this old lady than be in danger.

"Oh, I don't blame you, child," She nods quietly (taking a cue from your whispers, no doubt) and tilts her body slightly to the side to see behind you, clearly wanting to see who you were watching over, then smiling and whistling like she was impressed, "Besides, I wouldn't let a handsome man like that out of my sights, either! Oooh, if only I were eighty some years younger..."

She said that last part in a day-dreamy sigh and you can't help but wince and get a little jealous.

Hey, hey, That handsome guy happens to be in love with, literally, the Empress of this floating Isle! You're gonna need a lot more than sipping a few chugs of the fountain of youth to even have a chance with him, Grandma!

...Great Grandma!!!

"But, uuuuh, why aren't you beside him? Why don't you go up to him and introduce yourself?" She stabs you in the heart with her words as she asks.

"U-uh... Well...H-he already knows me... H-he's my friend... A-and he'd want me to stay at the Inn... But... His parents died a-and were buried here... And I kinda wanted to pay them respects as well... I-it's hard to explain," You hear yourself explain to her, actually now realizing you don't know exactly why you felt compelled to pay Aries respects.

She didn't actually say your name in your dream the best you can remember, so maybe it's still possible she did confuse you with Helena, right?

But she came to YOU...

Hmmm...

The old woman gasps and looks at Elias again, this time grimacing, and that snaps you back to reality right quick.

"Is... Is he one of Aesop's boys?" She then surprises you by asking.

"E-er... I... I never asked his father's name, but, may--"

"It is..." The old woman gapes, her eyes widening, "He... He has his fathers face! Well, when he was younger."

"Y-you knew his father?" You gasp, now it's your turn to gape, "Oooh, this might be a long-shot, but do you remember the Land-kingdom soldiers who came here about ten or eleven years ago? Do you think you might know who killed his father?"

Just when you think you might be able to help Elias bring his father's killers to justice... The old woman snorts and chortles... like you just said the stupidest thing on Cion...

For some reason, your blood runs cold at her quiet cackle.

"Oh child, you really think Land-dwellers found their way up here eleven years ago?" She asks, and your heart just stops, you almost forget to take a breath, "If there was land-dwellers up here eleven years ago, what would have stopped them from annihilating this Isle? Even just this village?! This place would be war-torn ages ago, spitting on the love and blessing Celosia bestowed upon us when she lifted us into the sky centuries ago to start!"

Your eye-brows raise as high as the sky.

This old lil granny is making a good ol' lil point...

"Th-the... Then... What happened?" You barely manage to utter, barely blinking.

You're short of breath... You can't tell if you don't know what this means... or know exactly what this means.

"I don't know... It was so long ago... All I know is I heard screaming. A child screaming--"

"Were they getting hurt?!" You interrupt her without really thinking, fearing the worst and drowning in confusion.

"No, they were arguing. It was more a tantrum than panic or hurt," She explained grimly.

What... What on Cion does this mean?

Child screaming...? Elias?!

"Then, there were terrible winds. And then the sound of things being slashed to ribbons... I'm surprised the house is as in tact as it is... We found Aesop dead the following morning... He was stabbed through the heart... His clothes were also slashed and cut... Though his wound was from a weapon, we never did figure out what cut this clothes... OR what nearly destroyed the house," The old woman nods and you can barely hear her at this point.

You don't understand... And you don't think you want to...

"I-I see," You reply, hushed and rushed.

You never stopped to think about this before, but... Elias... Elias was probably still pretty powerful even then... But he was just a child! Maybe he didn't have total control over his wi-- But then why would they assign him to protect Hellie if that were the case?!

"I-I... A-are--"

"Oh, your boy is coming this way, child," The old woman smiles and points to behind you, "Better hide if you don't want him to see you."

"Ah!" You look around around for a place to hide, choosing to hide behind the nearest house.

"Good luck... Kid," You hear the old woman say, and you can't help but feel that you may have met her before...

You try to get a quick glance back at her direction as you run towards the house for cover, but they seem to be gone...

And Elias just keeps walking forward into the village like there's no one else there...

Who was that old woman?

Is what she said true?

What does that mean if so?

You don't really have much time to think about it, as Elias walks right past the house and luckily you weren't startled or made a peep while you hid in the shadows. You quickly race back to the field and pluck some angel blossoms yourself, to put on their graves as well, and run back to being on Elias' trail.

Your mind is still racing, but you try your best to shake it off and follow him from a safe distance.

It looks like the graveyard is just at the very end of the village, but just before you both can reach it you pass by a run-down house that looks old and abandoned for a while...

Elias stops a moment, winces, and hangs his head as he passes by... It's unkempt and its entry doorway is boarded up, but its roof and windows are so destroyed you could practically climb through them...

You're pretty sure this is... his old house...

He keeps walking on... Though you apply that term VERY loosely, as he more drags his feet across slowly the ground like he was a zombie or something sulking.

You take a moment to examine the old house... and--

bloodsplatters.png

Oh... Oh my Celosia...

There's hardly anything left.. And what is... Is damaged almost beyond recognition... Dried blood everywhere...

You can't really see where Aesop died exactly... But the slashes and gashes on the walls... And a certain part of a back wall has tons of gashes scarring it...​

You don't understand...

Did... Did Elias accidentally kill his father?

Is that why Elmiel possibly lied to him about his fathers death??

Your stomach lurches and you can't look at this scene anymore.

You go back to silently trailing Elias while slightly hugging yourself for comfort.

Elias, despite himself, forces himself to wave enthusiastically and amiably at the Graveyward keeper. They give a subtle, approving nod and let Elias pass with zero grievances.

When YOU pass by, however, they cock their head and raise their brow, suspicious of your hood and timing, most likely already putting two and two together you are following him.

Quickly you put your left index finger over lips and softly go "sshh" as if begging the graveyard keeper not to alert Elias.

To your surprise, you find the graveyard keeper is... A young-ish, black haired girl!?

graveywardgirl.png

She's about your height, but looks like shes only a year or so older than Misty and Dulcie, and her dark cloak is raggy and torn, almost even battle ravaged! You can only see her face through the moonlight that sneaks onto he face from her hood.

She even has a scythe on her, looking just like the grim reaper.

"It's not safe to be out "alone" at night," She warns, and her voice is chilling. There's a slight innocent sound to it, but it also sounds like another voice could chime in any second...

You aren't sure if she's trying to coax you into revealing yourself to Elias or not... Or scare you into it..

"Aheh... Right back at you..." You mutter back nervously and quietly.

"My father is... Too ill to watch over the graveyard tonight. My mother is nursing him back to health while I take his place temporarily... Besides, this scythe helps me defend myself, being so sharp and ranged..." The creepy girl explains (unlike the old lady, she doesn't lower her voice after hearing your near whisper, though this girl's voice wasn't very loud to start), then surprising you by bringing her scythe to your face, and before you can take a step back to react, you see her goal was to remove you hood, and her eyebrows raise as she no doubt is looking at the pink streak in your bangs and your glasses, "I've never seen hair like that... And what is that on your face?"

"I-it's a long story... A-and I really don't have the time... Please... I-I... I just wanna pay respects to his parents... I-I--" You begin to explain before you stop yourself, realizing you're slightly holding your flowers more tightly than intended.

You were about to confess your feelings for Elias to a total stranger.

You hang your head, and tense up, losing all sight of what to do now, before her "giggling" (which would fit amazing in a horror movie or soundtrack) scared you back to Cion Isle.

"Ah. I see. So THAT'S how it is," She quietly cackles to herself while looking on to the graveyard to trail Elias with her eyes and then looks at you and grins a grin that you'd imagine you'd see from the devil when you agreed to sell your soul to him, "Sorry to keep you. Go right ahead."

"Thank you," You genuinely smile in relief while quietly showing gratitude.

You bow respectfully to her and your spine shivers as she quietly cackles back. You know, you were GONNA wonder why a little girl was staying in front of a cemetery in the dead of night, but lets be really real here: She is the scariest thing you're going to encounter in this place.

Near the very back of the cemetery, Elias stops in front of two graves...

You can't read the writing, but from the pained look on his face and how he slowly slides his hand across one gravestone and then the other... You're pretty sure they have both his parents names.

"Aesop and Alysha Desmond... Hello, mother... Hello, father..." You hear Elias say while confirming their names, and your heart breaks as you know he sounds like he's on the brink of tears.

You cover your mouth and try to keep your composure so he doesn't hear you crying as well.

He places some flowers on his mothers grave and then his fathers.

"I... I'm sorry I haven't been by to see you both sooner... D-do you even recognize me? I-it's me, Elias... Your son..." Elias begins talking to them as if they were there, breaking your heart further.

He kneels down in the ground between the both of them.

"I... I've been protecting Helli-- Er, the Empress... and I don't really get much chances to leave her side... Uhm... N-not.. Not that I want to, it's... It's just..."

He stops and you can hear him crying softly. You close your eyes and cover your mouth as tears drip from your eyes as well.

"Aha... Sorry," He excuses himself while wiping away his tears, "Ah! Uhm! I have some good news! Your elder son, Elmiel, is gonna be the next Emperor! That's why he couldn't be here with me tonight! He's gonna marry Hellie! She loves him!"

Your heart continues to break as he is clearly trying to force himself to be happy.

"That's wonderful, isn't it? Your son is gonna be Emperor! I-I'm so happy for him!" Elias says this on the brink of tears, taking a deep breath and adding in a heavy, sad sigh, "I'm... I'm really, really happy..."

You cover your mouth tighter (its almost hurting) and hold back tears of your own.

Poor Elias, and poor Aesop and Alysha!

If they were still here, or are looking down at their youngest son beside Celosia... You know their hearts would be broken as well.

An overwhelming urge to embrace your wind-bearer overpowers you, and you barely talked yourself out of doing it in that moment!

You don't know how Elias will react... Will he be happy you followed him? Will he be sad or mad? Confused?

You did want to give him space, but you also wanted to pay respects, and after seeing him here for the first time, you selfishly want to share this moment while comforting him... You know you shouldn't.

But, you can't help it...

>>COMFORT ELIAS AND REVEAL YOURSELF? Y/N<<

Last edited:
Ummmmm.... That's a hard decision. In the end, I say do not reveal. It's really heartbreaking to see this, but we should keep our original plan in mind. After we pay respects to his parents, we can go explore on our own.

Maybe we can do something nice for him later? To show him that he's a great person on his own, and that his parents would be really proud of him.

Hmm... mysterious. Sure Elias could have lost control of his powers, but the old lady said the fatal wound was from a weapon, didn't she? It kind of sounds like the circumstances may have been more complicated than that.

In any case! As much as I don't want to leave Elias to his suffering, I feel like this is not a good moment to step in. I don't think Elias would necessarily be mad that we followed him, exactly, but it's going to raise the question why we didn't just ask to come with him in the first place, at least (and our relationship with him is complicated enough as is, to be honest). So with a heavy heart, I second staying hidden and doing something nice later (as soon as possible).

I pretty much agree with the consensus so far: Appearing now would not be a good idea. Imagine being in that vulnerable state, actually crying and potentially full of remorse (if not for the potential patricide, then for the fact he is telling his parents how happy he "is" at the woman he loves marrying his brother), and then someone just showing up and going "ah, hey, I kinda stalked you and heard everything."

Not exactly comforting material.

Hmm... mysterious. Sure Elias could have lost control of his powers, but the old lady said the fatal wound was from a weapon, didn't she? It kind of sounds like the circumstances may have been more complicated than that.
Well, wind magic in this kind of setting tends to "cut like blades" if you will, so it's possible that the wound merely appeared to come from a weapon, but was in fact a product of magic- explaining why the weapon was never found.

PS: Wild guess, the old woman is Celosia.

Rosalina Chandra

Ummmmm.... That's a hard decision. In the end, I say do not reveal. It's really heartbreaking to see this, but we should keep our original plan in mind. After we pay respects to his parents, we can go explore on our own.

Maybe we can do something nice for him later? To show him that he's a great person on his own, and that his parents would be really proud of him.

In any case! As much as I don't want to leave Elias to his suffering, I feel like this is not a good moment to step in. I don't think Elias would necessarily be mad that we followed him, exactly, but it's going to raise the question why we didn't just ask to come with him in the first place, at least (and our relationship with him is complicated enough as is, to be honest). So with a heavy heart, I second staying hidden and doing something nice later (as soon as possible).

I pretty much agree with the consensus so far: Appearing now would not be a good idea. Imagine being in that vulnerable state, actually crying and potentially full of remorse (if not for the potential patricide, then for the fact he is telling his parents how happy he "is" at the woman he loves marrying his brother), and then someone just showing up and going "ah, hey, I kinda stalked you and heard everything."

Not exactly comforting material.

Well, wind magic in this kind of setting tends to "cut like blades" if you will, so it's possible that the wound merely appeared to come from a weapon, but was in fact a product of magic- explaining why the weapon was never found.

PS: Wild guess, the old woman is Celosia.

Don't comfort Elias, unanimously!

You....

You can't just pop in like this... While he's crying his heart out in front of his parents graves...

Holding back tears of your own, you decide to stay put and stay hidden, opting for making it up to him later (not that he'll know it's making it up to him, but, well...).

Wild guess, the old woman is Celosia.

You stop crying a moment to hold back a gasp. Was that Celosia!?

Wait... That's right... She never specified what weapon or that it was found... And if it wasn't because it was wind... then..

Oh poor Elias!

He probably didn't know what he was doing and didn't mean to! Maybe deep down he knows...?

"So... You know h-how I'm the bearer of the Celosian crest of winds?" You then hear him ask and you pop your head up in curiosity.

"Well," He continues, and you almost don't notice you're suddenly holding your breath, "I'm not sure if you're familiar with the legend, but... It's real. It's definitely real. The girl from another world? She's here! Her names Rosie! She's awfully nice! I think it was because of her kindness I was even able to come here tonight and pay respects...!"

You can't help but smile as Elias compliments you.

"...She looks like Hellie..." You almost didn't catch him mutter, and you hang your head until you hear him softly chuckle and add, "Well, different hair, and she has these things called glasses on her face... She says they help her see... Also she got a streak of pink in her hair, unlike Hellie..."

You feel that last bit was oddly comforting to you to hear him say that. Like he couldn't help but differentiate the two of you.

"We're looking for the rest of the crest-bearers... One of them's supposedly close by, but I dunno... I hope it's not near the scary place--"

Your stomach lurches, is he talking about Lost Loch?

A small part of you, no matter how much you love Elias, feels like maybe you should have stayed back at the Inn and asked Papa or big brother about Lost Loch.

Not that you'd really trade this for anything.

"We already found one... The Celosian crest of fire... The fire-bearer... His name is Kai-- Er, Kaine. He was the Chieftain of Tarrin Village! He's really nice, too! He's kinda a father figure to Rosie, heh, and he calls me boy like you used to call Elmiel, Father," Elias actually does sound happy as he recaps this, though your smile doesn't last long as he sighs heavily and adds, "I kinda wish he wasn't a father-type... Though I know I shouldn't. He lost his family, too, like me... And if he sees Rosie as his daughter it's like he sorta got a family back... It's just... I..."

He pauses, but this time you can tell it's more out of sadness than it is out of guilt.

"I feel like I've already forgotten what you look like, Father. I can't even remember our last few days together... And my memory of you is only going to fade more... Pretty soon... When I think of a father, it won't be your face or the Emperors that shows up, but Kaine's... N-not that I don't like him, I do! Who better that can understand the weight of being a crest-bearer than him? I just... I'll miss thinking of you, father."

You sadly smile as he gleams in the moonlight and casually talks about his life to Parents graves... But now, you can't help but wonder... Are all crest-bearers families broken?

So far you're 2 for 2, but there are 5 others, you suppose... Getting an answer on the 3rd one soon, too, you'll bet...

"Mother..." You then hear Elias' alluring voice pull you from your pondering, and your eyes widen.

His mother... Alysha... Aries...

The beautiful woman who came to you in your dreams...

"I know I spoke all that about father, but... I wish I had gotten a chance to see your face and remember it for even one memory... But I know that's impossible... But, that's okay... Elmiel told me stories about you! He said you were the bravest, greatest warrior! And had never ending patience! Heh, maybe that's what Elmiel got from you, as he also had a lot of patience to put up with Hellie and me when we first met!"

You smile and nod a bit as you agree with Elias about his elder brother.

"I... I also think of Hellie's mom when I think of mothers... She kinda raised me with Hellie and Elmiel... Though... I think pretty soon I'll be thinking of Hellie herself when I think of mothers..."

There was a long pause after saying that, and your heart breaks as you realize its Elias quietly fighting tears. You can hear him choke back sobs after a second.

You desperately want to throw your arms around him and comfort him, but... It's not the right way or time for this...

It may never be....

"Heh, yeah... Uhm... Surprise... Hellie's pregnant... With Elmiel's child..." He mutters weakly, though it was obvious he was trying to sound happy, "You guys are gonna be grandparents..."

Oh Elias...

"Shh, don't congratulate Elmiel or Hellie yet, heh, they don't know I know..." Elias adds while putting his index finger over his lips, and you feel awful you found that adorable despite how heart-breaking this all is.

You hang your head and silently weep for poor Elias.

He's been through so much... He could justifiably have ended up as wrathful and hateful as Scias with all he's been through, but he still ended up being one of the sweetest boys you've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

You definitely decide you wanna do something for him, but wha--

Wait... That's it!

You remember Aries! Her face! You remember what it looks like!

It's still sorta fresh in your memories!

You're not the best artist in the world at all... but... Maybe you could draw Aries for him?? You may not have too much art supplies in your school bag, but you got pencils and paper...!

Yes! Yes, you feel good about this idea!

Deciding this makes you un-endingly happy, and maybe you can take a picture of it with your phone and redraw it on clear paper later or something!

You cover your mouth just in case you squeak from how happy this idea makes you, knowing it was definitely inappropriate to do so right now!

"Heh... Hellie and Rosie are pretty motherly already..." You hear Elias say, and your face gets extremely hot from the blush this causes, "Hellie's gonna be a great mom, Mother... Father... You won't have to worry about your grandchildren."

Elias...

"W-well... It's getting pretty late... And I feel awful being away from Rosie so long...." He bashfully states, but your blush gets even redder, making your face get hotter (which you didn't think was possible).

Though it definitely shouldn't... He probably only feels this way because you're his Hierophant and he's your crest-bearer...

"I should get going... I'll try to be back in the morning, before we go for the 3rd crest-bearer, but, after that... I... I don't know... I'll try to be back after Celosia is summoned... I love you both... I wish I had more time with you.... Or... Any... time with you..." He bid farewell to his parents sadly as he laid his hands on their graves one last time before walking away.

He stops after a few steps and looks back, smiling sadly and waving, before heading off... Most likely back at the Inn.

You sigh quietly to yourself as you watch your crush walk away and, when he's safely out of your field of vision and most likely hearing distance, you step out from behind the grave you were peeking out from (paying quick respects to them with a light bow as a sorry and thank you for allowing me to use your grave as cover) and approach the graves yourself.

They are covered in writing that you can't really read (though obviously the biggest bits of it are their names)... And the graves look a little unkempt, though perhaps someone has cleaned them occasionally, or at least the rain has? At least there aren't any signs of moss desecrating their gravestones...

You couldn't bear it if poor Elias saw his parents graves completely unattended.

You smile sadly as you see his flowers adorn the ground before the gravestones, and you smile as you place your own among them as well.

"Uhm... H-hello.... Alysha... Aesop..." You mumble as if you were a child with their hand caught in the cookie jar, "I... I followed Elias here... I-I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to stalk your precious son... I didn't do it spite him or because I dislike him... That couldn't be further as to why..."

"I'm Rosie... I'm the Hierophant of Skies..."
You try not to hang your head, but end up doing so anyway, mumbling while adding, "Though you already knew that, A-alysha..."

You softly and sadly smile as you wipe off some stray dirt from her grave.

You can't read the writing, but the symbol on her gravestone... It matches the one she was wearing on her clothes...!

Not that you needed an indicator to see that this was Aries...

"I... I know he doesn't feel the same way about me, though... But well... There's nothing I can do for it... I know his heart belongs to Hellie... Kinda cruel the person I love is in love with my twin, but well... That's just the way it is... I can't really do anything about it... Wish I could, though... Well, maybe..." You say, wiping a tear from your eye.

"He barely said a word about me but said so much about her..." You sigh as you sit down where Elias had just earlier.

You shake your head, gathering all your mental strength and sigh, choking out a sob.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna let my unrequited and un-returned love get in the way of the mission at hand! I will summon Celosia! I will save Cion! You watch! I won't let anything happen to your sons, daughter-in-law, and future grandchildren!" You promise Aries at her grave, wondering if its too narcissistic to think that maybe Aries is smiling down on you from Celosia's side.

You think she is.

Hm... What makes you so sure?

You shake like a doggie shaking off being wet for a moment and go back to paying respects.

"Uhm... I know I wasn't really the one, but... Uh... Thank you, anyway... F-for... For coming to me... That night... It made me really happy..." You try to show gratitude to Alysha, but you can't help but sigh out the last part.

It did truly make you happy, and if you're honest yourself, the kiss also made you feel incredibly happy...

Or, well, it would have if Elias was conscious and aware of exactly who he was kissing.

You just wish everything wasn't quite so complicated.

"That was beautiful," You suddenly hear a familiar creepy voice and turn around on the ground to see the creepy, young gravekeeper.

"A-ah!!! Y-you startled me!" You cry, not afraid to get a little loud now that Elias was no longer within earshot.

She grins and quietly cackles while covering her mouth, which was like a crocodile trying to act cute, but NO WAY are you gonna tell her that!

"I thought there was something different about you... Hierophant of Skies," She says, adding that last part almost like it was a threat.

You gasp as the realization that she had heard everything comes to you.

"A-ah! A-ah!" You cry, unsure of how to react to a random girl figuring out your identity and feeling foolish you were so open about it in such an open area.

"Don't worry, I have no intention of getting in your way. Why would I? Stopping you would end my life as well, wouldn't it? I don't think I could survive whatever catastrophe happens if you don't summon Celosia," She explains.

Yeah, a several thousand foot drop is pretty un-survivable!

"Y-you... You know about the prophecies?" You ask cautiously, feeling very stupid for not asking Elias or Xander or Papa what the approximation of general knowledge for commoners on Cion on the prophecy were...

"Most of us do, yes. It DOES involve the fate of the entire Isle, after all... Though, whether most of us truly BELIEVE IT? THAT'S a different story..." She informs you while raising her eyebrows as if you were a bit dense.

"Aha, good point..." You bashfully reply as you scratch your head.

You jolt in shock as she extends her hand to you as if to say "get up".

"I'll walk you to wherever you're staying tonight. Can't have anything happen to our Hierophant while going back and dooming us all, can we?" She says, though just from how creepy she is in general you can't help but feel a shiver in your spine and feel like she DOES want it.

"Haha... Thank you... S-sure," You nod and agree to be escorted home, though mostly out of fear for what would happen to you if you had said no.

You take her hand, which feels cold and sweaty to an unnerving degree, and you're surprised by how strong this girl is, able to help yank you back up on your feet with ease with one hand!

"Erasabeth," You then hear her say after you both take a few steps, quietly enough that you almost suspect she didn't truly want you to hear it.

"Hmmm? Eh eh?" You ask while tilting your head slightly in confusion.

"My name," She looks at you with a smug grin and a raised eyebrow, "I was hoping in telling you my name you'd tell me yours. It would be a shame to meet the literal legendary Hierophant of Skies without getting her name, wouldn't it?"

"Oh! I-I'm sorry! Sure!" You gasp, feeling bad you were being a bit rude in not introducing yourself, especially after you just outed yourself to her, "My name is Rosalina Chandra. Er, but--! Pl-please call me Ro or Rosie! N-none of this Hierophant of Skies st-stuff..."

"Rosalina Chandra... Interesting..." Erasabeth raises a brow kind of like she almost didn't believe you told her your real name at first, but then she nods it off and softly sighs as if accepting you were telling the truth.

The two of you spent the rest of your walk back to the Inn mostly in silence, but you think Erasabeth's kinda a nice girl once you're able to get past her creepy factor.

"Well... Here it is... I better be as quiet as I can getting back..." You say more to yourself than your new friend, but then you turn to her and smile wide, "Hey, thanks for walking me back to the Inn, Erasabeth! I really appreciate you looking out for me!"

"It was my pleasure... Rosie," Erasabeth grins and slightly bows to you, making you turn away and blush as a knee-jerk reaction, your heart feeling happy she now calls you by your name and not your title, "...Best of luck with that boy... Sounds like you two have a long way to go..."

"Heh... You're not wrong..." You hang your head and respond sadly, tensing up a bit as the guilt of stalking Elias full on smacks you in your heart.

"Good luck..." She says, almost as if its a warning, then adds, "...You're gonna need it..."

Your eyebrows rise as high as possible and your blood runs cold.

You gulp and awkwardly wave goodbye as she gives you another scary grins and walks off, probably back to the graveyard from the direction shes going.

You waste no time sneaking back into the Inn and to your room.

You open the door to yours and Papa's room, and--

papasnothappy.png

"And just where were you, young lady!?" Papa asks you sternly, like a real father would.​

"...Uh-uh...I-I... W-well.. Th-the thing about that is... Y-you see..." You fumble around your words, unsure if you should lie to your precious Papa or tell him the truth...

"You went to follow the boy, didn't you?" Papa sighs in exasperation making way so you can come inside.

"...Yeah... I'm sorry...." You admit while hanging your head shamefully while walking inside, "I just..."

"Sweetheart, please tell me I don't have to remind you that you are the Hierophant of Skies and it's even more dangerous for you to go out by yourself, even if you were following him... I take it he didn't know you were there?"

You HAD considered outing yourself earlier, but nod as you tell the truth that you decided he shouldn't know you were there.

"Dear... You can't do that... What would we have done if something had happened to you?" He sighs, walking you to your bed and pulling up the sheet, motioning for you to take off your cloak and get to bed.

"I'm sorry, Papa..." You yawn as you let Papa tuck you into bed despite being much too old for it (Well, it's not like you got tucked in by your real father back when you were young enough to be...) and stretch a bit before letting yourself collapse onto the bed.

"Just don't do it again, Sweetheart..." You hear Papa reply, then as you drift off, you swear you could hear him add under his breath, "I don't want you getting hurt or getting taken away from us...I... I have a bad feeling about... Lost Loch..."

Mmmm... Oh yeah... You never did... Ask... about... that... place...

"Kid!" You suddenly hear Celosia.

You open your eyes, but you might as well have kept them closed...

There's a thick mist obscuring your vision. It's cold and much more thicker than when Celosia first came to you and gave you Carbuncle...

You gasp as, to your horror... The mist slowly begins to turn red.

You can hear screaming somewhat in the distance!

They sound like women screaming... Several women screaming!

Whats going on here!?

"Kid, You're in danger! Watch out!" You hear Celosia warn through the screams... That are all suddenly cut-off...

"OF WHAT?! OF WHAT?!" You cry, trying to get straight answers, "IN DANGER OF WHAT?!"

You can only hear the cut-off screams, unsure if you're more or less scared at the fact you can hear the screams and cut off, but nothing else. Like you can't hear whats causing them to cut-off.

You look around, hoping to see something, anything, when you turn around and--

creepysmile.png

JEEEEEEEEEZ WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!!?​

You wake up with a loud yelp, sweating bullets so much your eye stung a bit as a sweatdrop got in one.

"Ack--" You whine as you aggressively wipe your eye and wipe off the sweat from your brow and forehead.

"Dear, are you alright?" You hear Papa rush to your side, getting up from his own bed beside yours.

"Chika?" You also feel Carbuncle lick you and cry in a vain attempt to comfort you and you weakly smile and pet him in return.

"A-ah, yeah, yeah, I'm fine... Just fine..." You mutter while shaking and attempting to clear your head.

You look at your hand after you wipe your forehead and are unnerved at how much sweat was there before you wiped it off on your sheets.

You look around for compass and your stomach lurches as it is still adamantly pointing towards Lost Loch.

Though you couldn't be happier seeing Elias humming in the moonlight like he was an angel last night, part of you does wish you stayed to grill Papa and your brother about Lost Loch, because you're going in blind with essentially zero prep time.

Ugh, no! There's nothing for it now. What's done is done!

...Time to face the consequences of your actions...

Papa leaves the room to give you some privacy to change clothes and you decide to brush and style your hair as much as you could after you change, taking everything that was yours from the room and leaving it to find Xander and Papa waiting for you outside.

Huh, where's Elias?

"Is it--" Xander asks anxiously before you could wonder your crush's location, and before he can even finish the question you show him the compass and he instead finished his would be question with a slight snarl and, you're pretty sure, an expletive under his breath.

Papa growls uncomfortably under his as well.

Xander then, to your surprise, extends his hand to you expectantly.

"Hm?" You ask, tilting you head and wondering what he wants from you.

"The compass," Xander clarifies, shocking you.

He wants the compass...?

"Er, ok, but, why?" You ask, still confused.

"Because if it can still be used, I'm using it to go with Elias to Lost Loch while you and Kaine stay here," He explains, the explanation piercing your heart like a dagger.

"WHAT?!" You shout in surprise, "WHY?!"

"...Because if Lost Loch is the place I think it is, where all those rumors are from, it's very dangerous for you to go there right now," Papa warns sternly.

What?! Rumors?! What rumors?!

"R-rumors?!" You ask, clearly wanting Papa and big bro to explain further.

"Young girls, around 15 or 16 or so, disappear from the nearby village, Loredge. They're last seen near or around Lost Loch, that's why in the most recent 17 years or so the lake, which used to be so clear and beautiful it was once called Crystal Lake, to match the Clear Crystal Channel, but then girls started disappearing from there and getting lost and the trees started dying and it was renamed Lost Loch," Xander explains as your blood runs cold, looking at you and grimly adding, "How old are you again?"

"S-six... Sixteen," You answer, assuredly having a dear-in-headlights look, with a tiny voice.

So this is why... Oh... Oh Celosia. Your blood is running so cold you suspect you're a lizard. You think your heart-stopped a moment. The world is beginning to spin.

"Mmmhmm. Exactly," Xander finishes the explanation while reaching his hand out again expectantly.

"But... But I--" You begin, when.

Eliasmysterious.png

"It won't work," You hear Elias' voice from behind Papa, and the two turn around to see him looking just as grim, "That compass will only show the way if Rosie's near it. That's why it needed her essence as well as Hellie's. Like it or not... We need to take Rosie to Lost Loch to find the third crest-bearer."

"Aaargh!" Xander full on grunts loudly in frustration at Elias' confirming words, "What are they even doing there?!"

"I don't know," Papa answers hesitantly, then sighs as he too is trying to fight off the anxiety, "But something tells me we're gonna find out shortly."

When you all leave the Inn and prepare to set out for Lost Loch, double checking you didn't forget or leave anything, you can't help but find yourself drawn to Elias, and walking side by side with him to the wagon.

"So where were you this morning?" You ask him, smiling, as you're all making your way to the entrance of the village.

"O-oh, I was just paying respect to my parents one last time... I... I don't know if or when I'll get the opportunity again, s-so..."

"Oh... I see... I'm really glad you got to see them, Elias," You gently smile and hold back a gasp while feeling Elias "stealthily" sliding his hand near yours... and begin holding it.

"Yeah, me too... Thank you, Rosie," He smiles back at you and your heart almost just melts right there and then.

You two shyly stare at each other and have a sweet little moment... You can't help it... You tenderly squeeze his hand...And he looks surprised a moment, blushes, and tenderly squeezes back!

"R-rosie, I--"

But before Elias could say anything else, you both are startled by a rather displeased grunt and you both turn in the grunts directions to see a very disapproving Papa frowning at Elias.

He raises an un-amused eyebrow at the wind-bearer.

"A-ah, uh--!" Elias blurts while shifting back and swiftly letting go of your hand, now rushing ahead of you to get to the wagon.

Aw... Darn...

You sigh as you watch Elias rush off without you, wondering why Papa took it upon himself to ruin the moment.

"Papa?" You ask, slowing down to let Papa catch up to you.

"Sorry, I just worry about why the boy does what he does without seriously talking to you about it," Papa sighs, exasperated.

Mmmm, he's... Not wrong...

Still though...

The rest of the walk to the wagon was pretty uneventful (well, aside trying to make sure no one came behind the closest building to the entrance where Carbuncle shape-shifted back into a horsie to help pull the wagon), and sadly Papa was the one to help you up on the wagon instead of Elias, even going so far as to have Elias sit up front with Xander while Papa sits in the back, with you.

You're a little sad by this, but you can't help but do something with your time from Havendell to Lost Loch: You decide since Elias is up front anyway, and you wanted to surprise him with your gift, to use this time away from him to draw a picture of his mother.

It makes you happy to do this for him, especially since you weren't there for him last night....

You spend the entire ride drawing in the spare paper in your binder from your book bag.

"We're here..." You suddenly hear Xander say, as you poke your head out to see the outside when--

You really kinda wish you didn't: It's so foggy you could cut it with a knife!

"A-ah, oh dear..." You hear Papa mutter, and turn to see him gaping at the map and compass.

...Just like yesterday, when it was glowing like crazy before Elias and Papa embedded their magic into it, the compass is glowing like crazy now... and finally... Finally... The needle is moving....

It's pointing north, but the needle goes from between straight North to a little bit northeast... Is the third crest-bearer on the move???

On the move... In this dense fog? How?

Everyone's uneasy and nervous as they get off the wagon, and Kaine clenches his fist with his crest and ignites it, using it as a sort of torch through the thick fog.

It was very easy to get lost here, and all the fog makes it rather damp and cold... You don't like this place...

"I-is... Is this how they disappear? Getting lost in the fog a-and wandering off the Isle?" You ask, knowing full well this place is close to an edge of Cion Isle.

"...Or getting thrown off..." Elias suspiciously mutters.

yeeted.png

You really don't wanna think about young girls getting yeeted off the Isle!​

"Well... Technically... There haven't been bodies found... But it's entirely possible they're just in the lake no ones bothered to go to since girls started disappearing a while ago... Much less with all this mist... Though I hear the mist is somewhat recent..." Xander mumbles, obviously wishing he could scan the area.

"Would explain why they go missing and not recorded as killed," Papa growls lowly while looking around as well.

You have a bad feeling in your stomach... You've gotta find the crest-bearer and get outta here, fast!

"The compass doing anything useful, Ro?" Xander asks.

"Mmmm, no... It's just going crazy... I think they're around here, but so on the move... It can't pinpoint them down..." You say while giving the compass a good look at its crazy arrow.

"Lets make camp. I know it's super early, but lets just get a fire close by the wagon, in case we get lost in this mist. Plus, if my hunch is right, we may be at this a while..." Xander suggests, and you and the rest of your party agree it's a good idea.

"Oh yeah... They're here... I can sense it..." Elias utters anxiously, looking around.

"Mmmm, Indeed," Papa lowly growls in response, also looking around, wishing he could see something.

"Why don't we get some firewood for Kaine to burn, and a little extra to make torches? That way we can freely look for the crest-bearer--"

"Er, actually..." Papa chimes in hesitantly, "Would you and Ro go mind gathering some? There are plenty of trees surrounding the area it shouldn't take long... Just long enough..."

"Huh?" You ask, wondering what's going on.

"...Sure," Xander complies, then adds, "Not too long, much as I'm loathe to admit it: Rosie's safer being around you guys more than me. Should only be gone a few minutes. Come on, Ro."

Odd... Wait...

Did... Did Papa request pairing up with big brother so he could be alone with Elias?

You walk off with your bro- Er, the Captain, who makes a quick stop by the wagon to grab an axe and some rope, and the two of you are off.

"I wonder what that was about...?" You ask ask as you stand by your brother as he's chopping a tree down.

"I dunno exactly, but luckily we only need this tree, and some branches from others super close by," Xander grunts as he is chopping down the tree, "I only agreed to a quick moment alone between them because I have a hunch what that's about, and, quite frankly, I think it's long overdue and should put an end to Elias' nonsense. I just hope they get it over with quickly, because while that talk is urgent, keeping you beside crest-bearers is equally as urgent... I don't like you being here in general, let alone being here not close enough to the crest-bearers. I don't know what causes those young women to disappear, or what happens to them, but I don't wanna find out. Ever."

"Y-yeah," You squeak back in return, the more its restated just how much in danger you actually are the more scared you become.

"One... more..." Xander grunts as he swings his axe one more time, chopping the tree down in impressive time!

"Wow! You're so strong, bi-- Er, Xander! That was really fast!" You happily compliment him on how fast he got it all done.

"No... That tree was fragile... and dry... It was all too easy. Somethings not right here... Those trees should definitely have more than enough water, but they don't... Didn't you notice? They don't even have leaves... None of these trees have leaves..." Xander grimaces as he ties a rope around the newly chopped tree and easily begins dragging it back to camp.

"That... That's true..." You stutter slowly as your heart nearly stops.

What does this all mean?!

You're getting more terrified by the second as you and Xander approach the camp and... You hear voices... Their voices...!

"Boy! Stop arguing with me! You can't keep doing this to her! You can't just project your feelings for our Empress on our Hierophant! It's inappropriate!" You hear Papa exasperatedly shouting.

"I know!I I know it is! I just... I can't help it... Sh-she... Th-they... I..."

"Well, then!? How DO you feel about Rosie? You walk beside her and hold her hand as if she was precious to you, but the moment the Empress is in sight you go back to her like Rosie doesn't exist!? Does she mean that little to you?!"

"No! No, never!"

"Then what, Boy?! Why do you act that way around her?!"

"Because I'm confused!!!"

...There's a pause...

"I... I'm confused. I don't treat Rosie like that just because she looks like Hellie... I-I just... I don't know! I don't know!" Elias pleads, and he sounds so troubled and kinda almost like he might cry, continuing, "You may be a crest-bearer, but you have no idea what it was like...! I spent just about my whole life... Watching the woman I love fall in love with my brother and then seeing their romance blossom a-and still having to be close to her to protect her! Not only that, but being told about the prophecy and how one day I'd not only have to protect Hellie, but also a girl from another world!"

"...Boy..."

"Yeah, you may have known somewhat about a girl from another world, but I know you weren't told day after day you had to protect this girl and get stronger and learn to master and control your powers as soon as possible because you had to protect them both! You had as much time as you wanted and no pressure to master your powers! You did use your powers to protect the village, but that burden you placed on YOURSELF, not had others place it on you!"

...Another pause, but you hear Papa grunt like he winced...

"Everyday watching the woman I love be with my brother... I thought maybe, someday, when that girl appeared.... Everything would be different... That maybe she might save me from... all this... But... But then I found her, and already I couldn't believe even just how she sounded... And then I saw her... And she looked almost just like Hellie... And... And I don't know what it means..."

"...Elias..."

brokenupinside.png

"So much of me... No... Everything I am... All of me... It's all because of Hellie... I am who I am today because of Hellie... I don't mean to project my feelings for Hellie onto Rosie... I... I just can't help it... I don't know what it all means..."

Neither do you... Neither do you...

"That idiot..." Xander hisses in annoyance while shaking his head.

You can't help it.

You feel a tear trickle down your cheek... And, like you lost control of your legs, you begin running off.

You know you should't.

You know you should have just stayed put and rejoined your crest-bearers.

But you can't help it.

You can't stop your legs or feet from running with tears streaming down your face.

"HEY! RO! RO WAIT!" You hear Xander yell from behind you, choosing to ignore him...

You keep on running, far long after Xander's desperate cries for you become more and more distant and quiet... To the point you now can't even hear his echoes...

After running and running for you don't know how long, you finally collapse and burst into tears.

Somehow, deep down in your heart... You knew that was how he felt.

You had always known he was confused and projecting his strong, lifelong love of Helena to you...

You knew all this... A-and yet...

A-and yet...

Why does your heart hurt and ache so much more hearing it straight from his mouth!?

Why...

Why...

Why?!

...You weep and sob and cry while on your knees, unsure if you're relieved or not to once again hear--

Hey, hold on... That doesn't really sound like Xander...?

You pop your head up, pondering just what... or who... you just heard, when suddenly you see...The lake!

In all the mist, you didn't know how close you were running towards the lake!

Golly, just a bit more running and you would have ran right into it!

...The voice you heard gets a little clearer, to the point you know its definitely NOT Xander but you can't tell what they're saying, when suddenly, you see:

ladyinthelake.png

Are... their eyes... glo...ing--

giphy.gif

It's mommy...

When did mommy get here?

Awww, no one cares, all that you want is to be with mommy!

Oh, Mommy wants you to go swimming with her!

Let's go, Let's go!

...Wow! The sun sure is bright!

What a pretty day!

It's kind of too bright, though... Oh well, that just means it will be all the better for swimming with mommy!

waterbearer.png

"STOP--!!! PLEASE WAIT!!!"

Gosh, the light sure is making it hard to see...!

giphy.gif

"I SAID WAIT!! PLEASE... STOP!"

It's so bright! Why!? All you wanna do is see mommy...!

>>IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT IT'S SO BRIGHT<<

Last edited:
What... is happening. This is legit freaking me out :xFeek:

Gahhhh, that's not mommy! Are we going to die? I kinda don't wanna die?
What is Xander saying? What is that light? Why can't we see anything?
Shoot, Celosia was right. We in danger 0.0

Aah, not good, not good! No way this is "mommy" seconded! We need to snap out of this somehow! Though I wonder how much in control of ourselves we even are at this moment...

Anyway! Supposing any of our thoughts get through to us, first of all, we need to do what the mysterious person is shouting and stop! Walking anywhere when we can't even properly see where we're going is never a good idea. Never! And that doesn't even take into account yet that we can't trust our eyes at the moment, anyway. Also, I think we should try calling for help and/or for Rondo. With all this fog, I don't think the Xander and the others are going to find us otherwise.

Other than that... perhaps pray for a miracle? :ghostxx:

Ya know what? We're not appreciated elsewhere. We're just being a stand-in for some empress. Being with mommy sounds a lot nicer! Let's go swim! Swim!

SWIM WITH MOMMY

IT'S CORNELIA TIME, BABY!

Cornelia Robinson

Cornyticked.png

Your name is Cornelia Robinson and you are in THE WORST car ride ever: Your little brother, Peter, is being an annoying little s*** and your big sister is being your big sister... Which is to say also being annoying as s***.

They're like a double threat. If double threats made you wanna punch your family.

"Hey, Corny! You better be home in time for dinner, or I'll eat your portion!" Your little brother "threatens" you from the backseat as your sister drives you to the local library to meet up with your best friend for some studying for finals.

"Or, Or--" You begin, clearly agitated, "And hear me out here-- You let me study with my friend IN PEACE and come home from a long day of studying to SOME FOOD? YEAH?"

"Mmmm, nah!" Your brother responds facetiously.

Tch, annoying as all heck little brothers.

"Now now, you two, stop bickering like hens," You hear your big sister, Jasmine, though her nickname is Jazz or Jazzy, sorta condescend you both and you're moments away from committing assault on a family member over here.

You narrow your eyes at her and give her a look.

"Look, I'll be sure to save you some dinner, alright? It may need to be reheated, but I doubt that's an issue if you're staying there as long as you plan," Jazzy offers to quell your impending wrath upon your annoying little brother.

"Thanks. I'd hate to be rewarded for all my hard work studying with Rosie by NOT having something to eat after you pick me up later on tonight," You almost sarcastically thank your sister despite her clearly being biased towards your brother.

"Well... At least ONE of you will get something out of this study session and isn't wasting their time, that's for sure..." Your sister then, to your irritation, adds in a half sigh.

"...And just what is THAT supposed to mean?" You suspiciously ask her while narrowing your eyes at her.

"HAH! Yeah, I'm sure it's SOOOO HAAAARRRDDD to figure out what Jazzy's saying here! Hahaha!" Your little brother pitches in because he absolutely HAS to be the most irritating thing on the planet.

"Come now, Cornelia," Jazzy scoffs smugly and cocks an eyebrow at you a moment before returning her attention back onto the road, "You really can't guess what I'm trying to say here?"

Cornelian-Gambit.png

>>WHAT IS JAZZ TRYING TO SAY?<<

Last edited:
...so we've jumped point of view to Rose's sister? That's certainly unexpected.

I think the "mechanic" is cheating and missing a space, cause I managed to get the following sentence and it makes a lot of sense, and it uses exactly the number of words and the specific letters:

rose is
not
smart

Idea Idea I think instead of her sister, I think we're Rosie's best friend. In the beginning, Rosie was waiting for Cornelia to get to the library before being sucked into the book. I agree with your solution.

I also think that Jasmine is trying to say that ROSIE'S NOT SMART

Idea Idea I think instead of her sister, I think we're Rosie's best friend. In the beginning, Rosie was waiting for Cornelia to get to the library before being sucked into the book. I agree with your solution.

I also think that Jasmine is trying to say that ROSIE'S NOT SMART

Upon a re-read, I think you might be right.

Yay, a new viewpoint! And I don't have much to add to everyone else's conclusion, I don't think I'd find another way to sort the letters than "Rosie's not smart".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back