• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Mysterious Play: Hierophant of Skies (Accepting votes!)

Other
Here
In the beginning!

Minako

🎮Super High School Level Gamer: Chiaki Nanami🎮
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Introduction
Hello! So, yes, this is based off of the anime/manga series Fushigi Yuugi by Yuu Watase.

I'm gonna add the elements from all three of the series (even Byakko Ibbun, though I know there's not too much element to add yet) as best I can, but I'll also add somethings from other stories as well (and not just manga/anime/manhwa, videogames and movies and such, too!)

I hope you all enjoy journeying with these characters and participating in writing and rewriting their story!
How to Play: Your voices are thoughts to her!
Alright, so, this should play out normally like a Quest RP would, basically the readers give their suggested result and the character(s) follow suit or respond.

Prequel is another good example of how this will play out (and I also may have some story elements from this story too, if I can, we'll see!), which doesn't differ too much from Quest RP's but I just wanna cover my bases and make sure everyone knows the system :33:

Now, that being said, the players input is essentially the main characters conscious. Every post in this thread will be a thought in their head, so hopefully everyone works together to guide her safely to the end of the story!

Another thing I want to add is, because your inputs are thoughts, the main character does have a choice to reject the thoughts, so some inputs may be followed while others will get ignored, but I will be acknowledging and responding to as much as I can!

Remember: You only know what the main character knows! Anything Rosie does not notice is not something she can think about! If it is unperceived then it can't be commented on! :D

The art in each post will probably be rushed as I'm hoping not to hold up the story for art, but this is a huge experiment, so please bear with me!
Special Thanks!
I'd really like to thank @RI.a for this absolutely stunning coding she made for me! Thank you so muuuch!

Aside RI.a, I'd also like to thank my friends for inspiring me!

Also, a big thank you to Satanis Nightjar for the new code! Hip hip hooray!
OOC THREAD
Here is the link to the OOC thread!

I will mainly be using this for announcements and art! If you see a double tag, don't worry! I probably just tagged you to let you know if anything came up with the next post or if there's art in the ooc!

Feel free to check in on it! 😊

Alright, if you're ready to start the story, hover your cursor over the bottom part of the code!
(and on mobile just touch it on your phone! The code is mobile friendly!)

Rosalina Chandra

hi.png

Your name is Rosalina Chandra (though your family and friends call you Rosie or Ro, for short), and today was a great day, which makes you optimistic about the rest of the day, too! The sun shone beautifully as you woke up this morning, and continues to shine on the big, beautiful, blue sky even well into the afternoon. It was a shame that you had to spend all morning and early afternoon at school, but you figure some freedom this weekend will more than makeup for it!
For now, however, you must head to the library and do some studying, since finals are coming up tomorrow and you need to be prepared! You're trying to be a good student, after all! (And let's face it, you're no genius, so you really need all the studying you can get!)

In fact, you might invite your best friend, Cornelia Robinson (known to you as Corny for short), to your study session as well, as you recall earlier at school she told you she was available and might join you, and you can go ahead and get started studying while you wait for her. She's in your same class, so you both have the same test to study for, but you also know the two of you could get distracted and carried away, so that might not be the best idea...

Then again, if you're planning on staying as late as you want there, it would be less scary walking home with her beside you...

You might have to turn off your cellphone in the library, so you'll have to decide whether or not you want to invite Corny before you enter...

>>INPUT COMMAND<<

Last edited:
I don't know what city this is or what kind of perverts lie in wait, but if i'm in school i'm probably a teenager so i'll wait for corny to show up so i'm not as likely to get assaulted. waiting for her also means staying later, which could mean night time, but two at night is still safer than alone in the day for some cities.

I don't know what city this is or what kind of perverts lie in wait, but if i'm in school i'm probably a teenager so i'll wait for corny to show up so i'm not as likely to get assaulted. waiting for her also means staying later, which could mean night time, but two at night is still safer than alone in the day for some cities.

Although if I wait for her and she ends up not coming, then I'll have to walk home alone and at night, so maybe I should message her to be sure.

Not walking alone at night is good, but having someone to help out with the more difficult subjects I'm studying would be great. Let's invite Corny.

Rosalina Chandra

callcorny2.png

You've convinced yourself to call your bestest best friend in the whole wide world, no matter what you definitely don't want to be out alone, late or not!​

You fish out your smartphone from your school bag and call her from your favorites list, eagerly awaiting to hear her voice with every ring. She usually takes a few rings before she picks up.

"Hey you! You at the library already?" Came her sassy but caring voice from the other end, making you smile ear to ear.

"Mmm, yeah! I'm already here, you gonna meet me or what, girlie?" You ask her with equal sass, but your tone was a bit more playful.

"Yeah! I have to finish up some stuff here, but when my big sis gives me and my lil bro a ride she should be able to drop me off there! I should be there in like fifteen to thirty minutes!" Cornelia confirmed, the background noise of shuffling from her end makes you think she is already gathering her things as you two speak.

"Ah! Okay! I'll go ahead and get started, just meet me at the tables we're usually at! I'm going to try to get a spot there and go grab some history books for our history final! I'll see you soon, bestie! Love you!" You respond to her heartily, relieved you'll be having a partner for the rest of the afternoon to evening.

"Sounds good! I'll see ya soon! Love you, too!" She replies happily, hanging up afterwards.

You nod subtly to yourself and make your way into the library, greeting the librarian kindly and then making your way to your usual study spot at the tables. Luckily for you, your spot seems crystal clear and just waiting for you!

Hmmm...

There are a few people around, but it's mostly just students with their tutors, or small children with their families, and Cornelia should be here soon, so you wonder if you should just leave your stuff at the table, essentially reserving it, or take it with you and put it down when you're ready to sit down with all the history books...

A quick look around confirms there are a bit more people arriving at the library...

You don't think anyone here would steal your things, but you still don't like the idea of just leaving your bag unattended... However, if you don't reserve your table now someone else may claim it by the time you get back...

>>INPUT COMMAND<<

Last edited:
I should take my stuff with me, no point in getting study material if my school supplies are gone when I get back. Worst case scenario someone takes the seat and I have to loiter within view to alert Cornelia as to our change of plans.

I could probably get away with leaving an open notebook and pencil, make it known I'm just grabbing materials and returning. Maybe?

people steal from and sleep in library's all the time. they're public and the homeless and desperate often visit there for shelter, even if it's not a matter of trust i shouldn't leave anything that i can't afford to lose, but something small could potentially be fine, i'll leave the notebook and pencil on the table in front of where i'm sitting, but make sure it's not an important one with recent notes in it. maybe an empty folder with papers in it and a pencil instead.

Choosing to leave behind SOME stuff!
Hey! Sorry this took a bit! I was sick! Here's the next post! I hope everyone likes!! and that maybe more people post if they like the RP ;o;

Rosalina Chandra

I should take my stuff with me, no point in getting study material if my school supplies are gone when I get back. Worst case scenario someone takes the seat and I have to loiter within view to alert Cornelia as to our change of plans.
I could probably get away with leaving an open notebook and pencil, make it known I'm just grabbing materials and returning. Maybe?
people steal from and sleep in library's all the time. they're public and the homeless and desperate often visit there for shelter, even if it's not a matter of trust i shouldn't leave anything that i can't afford to lose, but something small could potentially be fine, i'll leave the notebook and pencil on the table in front of where i'm sitting, but make sure it's not an important one with recent notes in it. maybe an empty folder with papers in it and a pencil instead.

inlibrary.png

You decide that it's best you at least leave your notebook and pencil at the table, so people can know you are sitting there. You don't plan on being gone that long, anyway.​

You take the rest of your stuff, however, safely in your school bag.

You hastily walk towards the history section of the library (this library, though not exactly as huge as a national one per say, is fairly big regardless and if you dawdle you COULD potentially be leaving your notebook behind for longer than you'd like to think about) and start immediately looking for some books on the same subject as your class and final.

While you're scanning book spines and titles, you could have sworn you lightly heard... something?

It sounded like a roar, but aren't those supposed to be loud? A dull roar, maybe? Or maybe that was a growl? But from what? What could even make that sound let alone be in a library making it?

You sort of wish people were in this section to see if they heard it too, but alas, you are alone between these shelves...

Whoa... Now you swear you hear your name... This time it definitely is a human voice in a whisper... Calling to you...

"...C-Corny?" You call out quietly.

It couldn't be her already, could it? Was she just pranking you and already here, waiting to scare you? The voice didn't necessarily sound like her but she could be doing an impression...?? You two do occasionally mess with each other like this...

THUMP! You hear behind you.

You turn around and see a book on the floor... Flipping its own pages!

book4.gif

>>INPUT COMMAND<<

code by @Satanic Nightjar

Attachments

• 1551301534545.png
    1551301534545.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Time for a Gumbi/Pagmaster style adventure. Jump at the book at see if you can get inside! worst case scenario you end up paying for a library book. Besides, highschool's lame.

I'm not old enough to know about Gumby or Pagemaster, but getting sucked into a book is a common enough trope. I should probably back away from this thing in case whatever was making that noise pops out.

Maybe it's not a book that sucks people in, but rather one that can talk or some other sort of magic book? Or maybe there's even a rational explanation. I should stay away from it for a few moments, see if it does anything ominous like glow or make noises again. If it doesn't, I suppose I might as well go and pick it up. Jumping at the book doesn't seem to be a good idea, what if it really is a talking, sentient book and gets mad at me?

You know, if I were black I'd be halfway to Albuquerque by now, but I'll be damned if I'm not curious. I should take a look at the shelves and see if there is somewhere to put this thing. If it is alive I'm sure it'd appreciate it.

Time to investigate the book!

Rosalina Chandra

Time for a Gumbi/Pagmaster style adventure. Jump at the book at see if you can get inside! worst case scenario you end up paying for a library book. Besides, highschool's lame.

Readingbook.png

Admittedly, your heart did leap a bit at the thought of adventure... and high school is, in fact, super duper lame to you...

But overall you do like your life!

Why did this thought suddenly occur to you the moment a book fell from the shelves...?!​

...Well, if you're honest with yourself, you have always craved adventure... You and Cornelia. You're an average student with an average life and that... Well, that's a bit boring....

Though certainly not wanting to damage a library book and face a fine, you find yourself now holding back the mighty and sudden urge to jump at the book now that the prospect of adventure has been instilled into your mind...

I'm not old enough to know about Gumby or Pagemaster, but getting sucked into a book is a common enough trope. I should probably back away from this thing in case whatever was making that noise pops out.
You do recall hearing of Gumby once at some point in your younger years while not growing up with it (though you adored the movie 'The Pagemaster' when you were little on DVD, it was just something you wanted to see when you saw it at an older relatives house, and you can't help be a little reminded of it with everything that's going on...) but you are familiar with Gumby now due to memes and YouTube videos. That being said, this is a trope you never thought would be happening happen...

Ah, wait wait this train of thought is derailing a good point the other train of thought just made: Whatever made that growl... dull roar... was LARGE. And it came from the book!

It doesn't make sense to think that something that huge could be in a book, but you don't really have other options...

You don't know how.

You don't know why.

But that sound definitely somehow came from the book. That beastie, or whatever is making that sound, is in the book.

And you don't know if it will come out if you go near it... Something tells you it's best you left that a mystery now.

Maybe it's not a book that sucks people in, but rather one that can talk or some other sort of magic book? Or maybe there's even a rational explanation. I should stay away from it for a few moments, see if it does anything ominous like glow or make noises again. If it doesn't, I suppose I might as well go and pick it up. Jumping at the book doesn't seem to be a good idea, what if it really is a talking, sentient book and gets mad at me?
Oh! This is also a good point!

Not only do you not want to damage the book and face a library fine, you also don't want to hurt anything sentient and friendly! ... At least, you HOPE it's friendly...

You take a cautious step back, inhale deeply, and wait a moment to see if the book does anything else. The mysterious book flips its pages for a moment, then starts flipping them the opposite way until it reaches, what you assume, is it's first page... and then remains still while open.

You're about to take a step towards it when you, again, hear that growl/dull roar again.

Oh yes, whatever is making that sound is LARGE. Very large.

The sound sends shudders down your spine, but...

Ah! That whisper! The one that called your name! It's a bit louder this time, definitely no voice you've ever heard before, but you know you can hear it...

It came after the growl/dull roar again... You wonder why? Are the growl and the voice connected???

You're so stunned your knees give out and you practically collapse to the ground. You don't take your eyes off the book.

You're terrified of how large this beastie could be, but... somehow, you feel like it won't hurt or eat you or anything...

The voice sounded feminine and... somewhat sweet, now that you got the chance to hear it again... You can't explain it, but somehow you feel extremely confident it doesn't mean you any harm.

You can't help but feel drawn to the book now...

You know, if I were black I'd be halfway to Albuquerque by now, but I'll be damned if I'm not curious. I should take a look at the shelves and see if there is somewhere to put this thing. If it is alive I'm sure it'd appreciate it.
Now that you think about it, you can't help but wonder why that is such a popular trope in horror movies?

Wait, HORROR MOVIE?!

You really don't want to think of this as a horror movie but more similar to Gumby and Pagemaster, like earlier, yet part of you knows this could go either way...

Augh, you really need to gain more self discipline and focus on the important points at hand: Either way you're going to have to go near the book, anyway. Trying to leave the shelves without going near the book is impossible, its right in the way, small as it is.

You look up from the floor to the shelves the book might have been in and sure enough just barely you can see a slightly empty space for a book to fit. The book definitely fell from there, alright.

You want to and have to go near that book. That is why you will do it.

And, that you're curious.

You know curiosity killed the cat...

...but you also know that satisfaction brought it back.

You crawl to the book and take it in your arms after looking at it's title: The Universe of the Three Gods. Then you examine it, just in case.

Then you finally start reading its first page...

Herein contains the legend of a young lady and her quest to gather the seven bearers of Celosia's crests together.
And if you, the esteemed reader, should read to the story's end, the spell contained within this book shall bestow upon you the powers of the heroine, and grant you your wish.
For indeed the moment the page is turned, the story will become a reality.

Wait, wha--!?

You dun been isekai'd.

>>INPUT COMMAND<<

Last edited:
Well, at least I get to be totally overpowered if this is like all the other isekai stories, I may as well enjoy it.

Wait, aren't most isekai stories glorified harems?

Isekai plus "Seven bearers of Celosia's crests" does sounds suspiciously like a harem plot. But I'll just have to make the best of it, at least I get a wish and heroine powers out of it, it seems. Oh, and if at all possible, I should probably not let go of the book, in case I need it to return to my world after everything is over or it's useful in some other way!

I'd definitely have more second thoughts with that roaring continuing since almost everything in nature or fantasy that would roar might eat me, but if I get powers I'll probably win anyway. Besides is there really any downside if I do end up in a harem anime? I'd be the protag right? RIGHT!?

You're not in the library anymore, Toto!

Rosalina Chandra

Well, at least I get to be totally overpowered if this is like all the other isekai stories, I may as well enjoy it.

Wait, aren't most isekai stories glorified harems?

Isekai plus "Seven bearers of Celosia's crests" does sounds suspiciously like a harem plot. But I'll just have to make the best of it, at least I get a wish and heroine powers out of it, it seems. Oh, and if at all possible, I should probably not let go of the book, in case I need it to return to my world after everything is over or it's useful in some other way!

I'd definitely have more second thoughts with that roaring continuing since almost everything in nature or fantasy that would roar might eat me, but if I get powers I'll probably win anyway. Besides is there really any downside if I do end up in a harem anime? I'd be the protag right? RIGHT!?

newworld2.png

Thoughts of... Harem anime flood your mind for some reason... You suppose this is what most isekai stories are like...?​

You're not really sure since you're not a huge fan of harem stories, though you should be concerned since you are kinda in one now?

Everything suddenly goes black...

When you regain consciousness you find yourself in quite a scenic area, actually... You see grass for almost as far as the eye can see and then close by woods, a forest you're almost sure, since its so big it is leading to a base of somewhat far mountains. You definitely don't know where you are, but it sure is pretty!

It's not exactly cold, but it does seem a bit windy...

You feel light headed and even the air here feels... different.

You can't really explain it.

You then panic when you finally realize you can't feel your bag on you when you see it next to you and you calm down... Hm, the zipper closing it was a bit open, big enough for something small in it to have squeezed through...

You kinda want to look through it to make sure everything is in there, but when you look at the woods again quickly you see an outline of a person!! They're far enough away to not notice you but you're sure if you shout and run towards them they'll see you!

They're about to go inside the woods, and you kinda wanna talk to them, but you're unsure if you should check your things first, though you're fairly sure if you wait you may lose them..!

>>INPUT COMMAND<<

Last edited:
Considering what just happened I think losing my school supplies is the least of my worries... even if my cellphone was in my bag instead of my pocket it's not like there's going to be cell service here. I should probably call out to the person since I'm likely stumbling upon them for story reasons anyway.

As long as I can't see anything else on the ground checking my supplies can wait. I can grab my bag and shout to the person over there.

Unless they look spooky, then they might be better avoided.

And different air could mean something like magic floating around, but more likely it's just the outdoors, nothing to be concerned about.

And who says magic won't make my cellphone work, or that I'm not just somewhere in the country!

I just got teleported. There's no way around that. Whether I'm in an alternate universe, or out in the countryside of my homeworld, I am no longer physically in the place I was moment's prior. I suppose I should try to summon something, be it a weapon or an elephant for all I care, in the event I'm in a lucid dream. If that doesn't work, I should probably hide, as wandering into the woods alone or shouting for some random stranger are both unsafe ideas.

That person over there might be my only link to any sort of civilization for quite some ways, so I should definitely hurry after them - grab my bag and go right now. If anything fell out of the bag, that's too bad, hopefully it wasn't too important. I should get a better look at the person before calling out to them, I don't know if they are dangerous, after all. Even though I won't be able to say for sure that they won't harm me, I can at least avoid them if they are obviously sketchy.

I would check my surroundings and go after the person. If anything looks suspicious, I'll stay where I am. I don't want to risk harming myself, but this person could have useful information. If there are any red flags about them, I'll run.

Meet and Greet!
HEY GUYS! Oh my god, I am SO SORRY! It's been a crazy week! I've been on a trip and got sick again and life has just been crazy! So sorry! Things should be back to normal soon, and hey, let me know if you guys want me to make an OOC for this Quest RP or an Art thread for it! I might be able to post actual work of mine instead of just doodles! :3D:

Rosalina Chandra

Considering what just happened I think losing my school supplies is the least of my worries... even if my cellphone was in my bag instead of my pocket it's not like there's going to be cell service here. I should probably call out to the person since I'm likely stumbling upon them for story reasons anyway.

stranger2.png

Thoughts of the book and the story it mentioned in the first page replay in your head, and you ponder if this train of thought is right and you were meant to meet this person?​

If that's the case you better run to them post haste, you don't have time to worry about your school supplies! (Besides, it seems heavy enough to contain your textbooks and binder, which are most important, and they couldn't have slipped out anyway).

As long as I can't see anything else on the ground checking my supplies can wait. I can grab my bag and shout to the person over there.

Unless they look spooky, then they might be better avoided.

And different air could mean something like magic floating around, but more likely it's just the outdoors, nothing to be concerned about.

And who says magic won't make my cellphone work, or that I'm not just somewhere in the country!

A small part of you remains optimistic that you're maybe still in your original world as you get up and dash towards the figure, practically deciding to call out to them...

All things considered, you did sorta brush off the feeling of different air, since this is no where near a city (your world or country or whatever or not) there is probably no smog or pollution to muck up the air, so everything's clean and crisp!

I just got teleported. There's no way around that. Whether I'm in an alternate universe, or out in the countryside of my homeworld, I am no longer physically in the place I was moment's prior. I suppose I should try to summon something, be it a weapon or an elephant for all I care, in the event I'm in a lucid dream. If that doesn't work, I should probably hide, as wandering into the woods alone or shouting for some random stranger are both unsafe ideas.

You want to agree with this thought but--

That person over there might be my only link to any sort of civilization for quite some ways, so I should definitely hurry after them - grab my bag and go right now. If anything fell out of the bag, that's too bad, hopefully it wasn't too important. I should get a better look at the person before calling out to them, I don't know if they are dangerous, after all. Even though I won't be able to say for sure that they won't harm me, I can at least avoid them if they are obviously sketchy.

I would check my surroundings and go after the person. If anything looks suspicious, I'll stay where I am. I don't want to risk harming myself, but this person could have useful information. If there are any red flags about them, I'll run.

You can't shake the feeling if you miss this person you might never see civilization again!

And then you catch up with them...

Something tells you you really, really wished you had more options for people to take you to civilization...

It's a young woman in the strangest clothes, like she was from some historical action game or something, odd how she has a cape on, too... and she has purpleish hair! Well it's black-ish with a dark-purple tint, but that's still pretty cool! Wow! You immediately can't help but wonder what brand of hair dye she uses! You're soooo jealous of hair which is easily dyable to fun colors! Your tint of brunette always ends up with the silliest of shades unless its two shades darker or lighter than your original color...

Wait, but you can't be near a convention...

She looks to be around your age if not maybe only a year or so older, and if she goes to school you can't imagine she could have that hair color for school even if her job let her (regardless of their hair color policy or not) so convention-goer or not that hair... Hold on, summer is around the corner, give or take a month and a half or so, but it's still too early for con season, isn't it? Isn't she a little too eager to have her hair dyed right now?

Ugh, whatever! Right now first things first: What the heck is going on here and where were they?!

"HELLO! HELLO! 'SCUSE ME, MISS!" You call out to her, waving frantically before she disappears into the woods, adding, "MISS!? MISS, IF YOU COULD DIRECT ME TO WHERE WE ARE AND WERE TO GO TO FIND OTHERS I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!"

The girl turns around and for a moment she nearly freezes, shocked to apparently see you?! That was an odd reaction, was she surprised to see a junior from your school here? You suppose you are far from home but that was still an odd reaction...

"කුමක්ද--?! මොන මගුලක්ද ඔයා මෙතනද ?! මොනවද මේ ඇඳුම් සමග ?!" Oh no, The girl speaks in a strange language you've never heard of before!

"I-I... What?!" You sort of stop mid-tracks in front of and put your hands in front of you as if in surrender, you look at her pleadingly and sympathetically, admitting, "I'm sorry, I don't understand you..."

You ponder if you might be able to get a translation app on your phone, but something tells you not to take your eyes off the strangey caped girl...

"අන්යභාෂාව කථා නොකරන්න! මම දන්නවා ඔයාට මාව තේරුම්ගන්න පුළුවන් කියලා! දැන් මට පිළිතුරු දෙන්න!" The purple-haired girl then shouts, her shock wearing off and her face now a frown.

Heaven above (or wherever it is compared to where you are!) this girl is getting upset and angry!!

"Please! Please, I really don't understand you!" You beg, the annoyed look on this girls face clearly indicating she thinks you're messing with her.

She shakes her head and smirks after a moment, muttering, "හහ්! මට තේරෙන්නේ නැහැ, මම ඔයාව අල්ලාගන්න පුලුවං වුනාම, ඔයාගේ වටිනා සම්පත වෙනුවෙන් දේවරාජ්යයට ආපහු කප්පම් ගන්න පුලුවන්!"

Then she takes out what she was hiding behind her cape... Swords!! OH CRAPS, ACTUAL FACTUAL SWORDS! A-a-and it looks like she knows how to use them!!!

She looks at you with a smug and determined look in her eye and then starts coming towards you while brandishing them!!!

You can feel your knees tremble and almost give out as your life flashes before your eyes! Clearly some very poor life decisions led you here, and you start to wonder if this is the end for you...?!

You try to think of a way to save yourself, and some pepper-spray you know your mother packed in your school bag is the first thing that comes to mind, but if it didn't fall out when you got here, could you get it in time before this girl sliced you in fourths?! Would you be better off running away fishing or not fishing for it?! Should you try to reason with this girl again to try to show her just how huge a language barrier there is, if that would even do anything by now?!!??!

>>INPUT COMMAND<<

Last edited:
Mind boggled I'm sure, turn about and run immediately, don't wait for her to get any closer. you can take your bag off and fish your your spray while you run, don't look back, it'll make you slower. use your eyes to search the ground where you *were* in case it is there, if it is, ditch the bag and grab the spray. if/when you get the spray, turn and begin spraying wildly, just breathing it in while knock her back, especially if she is from some primitive fantasy land. Hopefully your adrenaline and survival instincts will be enough to compensate for the panic. and if it's not in your bag or on the ground... KEEP RUNNING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back