• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Muse Initative

Rabbutt

Nascence

Good evening, and welcome to your 6 o’clock news. Trouble on Euterpe tonight as colonial authorities recoil from a bombing on the Sol Administration embassy in the planet’s capital of Portcall. Numbers are slow to come on, but at least three were killed in the blast, with an unknown number injured. Figures from the Colonial Liberation Front have claimed responsibility for the attack, marking it as the fourth terrorist attack by the CLF against the Sol Administration this year.
The CLF first gained attention three years ago, following a train hijacking and subsequent bombing that left dozens dead, and over one-hundred wounded. When pressed for questioning as to whether or not the Administration would respond to the CLF with military force, Prime Minister Alexa Kalrou refused comment, however, a press conference has been scheduled for the next day. We’ll keep you up to date on the story as it progresses

Background

In the year 2096, the development of the Burke Drive allowed humanity to reach near-light speeds in the travel of space. By the end of the next century, space colonization, both in and outside the Sol system became a common facet of life. Those seeking a new life were enamored by the thrill of colonial life, and the economy and wellbeing of the human race skyrocketed as new troves of natural resources became open to stripping. Humanity had entered a golden age of space travel.

Cut to year 2181. Astronomers have discovered the presence of a so called “Garden of Eden” system, consisting of four planets resting within the habitable zone, with even more terrestrial planets in orbit of the system’s star. The star is dubbed “Muse”, and its planets named after each of the Greek Goddesses. A mass colonization initiative is planned, with hundreds of thousands of volunteers selected for a new life in the system. Come 2200, the colonists of the Muse Initiative set out on their fifteen year journey.

Without a large standing military force in the system, and the nearest garrison system still years away, the Sol Administration instead elected to create the Colonial Action and Response program, or simply CARE. Consisting of an medical, engineering and military elite tied to the Initiative and recruited system-side, CARE handles the crises too dangerous for the colonists, from hostage situations to rescue, and act as the tips of finger on the hand that is the Administration.

Cut 2032. The second wave of Muse colonists have arrived in the system. The garden worlds have quickly become a treasure to the human race, with a third wave already en route to the system. The colonies are granted self autonomy, but continue to report to the powers of the Sol Administration, with large portions of their resources shipped back to the inner colonies of Humanity. Tensions quickly brew between the colonies of Muse and the Administration, leading to the formation of several secessionists movements, chief of these, the Colonial Liberation Front. Growing in support, the prospect of war begins to threaten the Muse system. With military forces still years away, soon it is left to the men and women of CARE to prevent conflict from tearing the system apart.

Info
The Muse Initiative is a sci-fi RP set in a recently colonized system, following a plucky band of space dudes working to stop a system-wide conflict through words and weapons. The roleplay will consist of both action-oriented sections, as well as slower periods of diplomacy and character development. Detail wise, I hope to strive for at least two paragraphs a post, but I'm not a stickler about it. Themes will include military, sci-fi (Of course), western and saucy political intrigue.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a message, or shoot me a PM!

Happy to see the turnout! Going to bust out some lore today. Threads will most likely be up Tuesday, as I'm bogged down most of Monday. Thank you for your patience and interest!

I wanna play a multi-purpose android bodyguard with faulty ai. xD
I'll need someone to follow and give me orders tho. :3

Sure thing. I'll basically be here to keep people alive, provide tactical and analytical advice and provide any support my systems are capable of. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back