Story The Murder of Harry Stone

HavocandBobo

Ghost Hunter
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Note from the author: This is a new story I have been working on, and if it's good enough I may shoot for publication. But this is just a clip of it to see how people would respond to something like this. But the title may change to something a little more creative. Let me know what you think. I haven't decided if I will add more to this on here or not, right now my only concern is how the public would view it. So please let me know, thank you!

Harry Stone was the nicest old man that you could ever meet. He had his will done and was going to split the money in four ways: to his kids, LeAnn Stone, Micheal Stone, and his stepson, Shawn Lewis; and also to his wife, Mischa Lewis Stone. Their kids have had run ins with the law before, and his wife has been really jealous lately, since he had been spending more and more time in the office. So on this fateful and tragic day, he took his family to a party at their neighbors house, who consisted of: Victor and Callie Spencer and their kids, Gary Spencer and Juliet Spencer. The cops arrived at 10:00 PM that night because someone had reported disturbance; and when they got there, Harry Stone was dead. Nobody saw who done it, because it happened silently in the bedroom upstairs. Now the cops have several suspects, but no witnesses. And so, this is where the story begins..

***​
Shawn watched the paramedics wheel his stepfather's still form away, then glanced at his hands. He had actually thought of killing him on numerous occasions, because he never liked Harry, even though his mom loved the man. He shook his head, trying to dislodge his thoughts on the subject; then finally noticed his surroundings for the first time since he had found his stepfather in the bedroom, stabbed to death, and stuffed in the closet. His mother was distraught over losing the love of her life, crying on Callie Spencer's shoulder. LeAnn and Micheal, his step siblings, were comforting each other; while the neighbors Gary and Juliet were just glancing around with wide eyes, while their father Victor was comforting the women.

The murder weapon had been found stuffed in a drawer, still covered in its victim's blood. He shivered when he saw the detective come down the stairs, holding the bloody knife that was now in an evidence bag. He didn't feel the least bit upset about Harry's death, and wasn't even sure how he was suppose to feel. Maybe he would feel something once the shock and numbness wore off. He didn't even feel the hand on his shoulder, as the detective led him into the kitchen so she could talk to him in private. He subconsciously sat down in one of the chairs at the table, not even looking up at her. He rubbed his shoulders, trying to refrain from shivering; whether from the chill of the kitchen or what had happened, he wasn't sure. The detective clearing her throat made him finally glance up at her.

"I'm Detective Cartwright," she started. "And I'll be needing full cooperation from you, is that clear?" She asked, keeping a stern voice. Shawn was only able to nod at that, since he hadn't been able to form words since the incident occured.

Shawn had walked into the room that he had seen his stepfather go into earlier, but he didn't see the old man anywhere. The two had had a fight downstairs, and he had just come up to apologize for the way he acted. "Harry?" He called out, then spotted the closet door that was slightly open. He walked slowly over towards it and was about to close it, when he saw something. Then swinging it open, the body of Harry Stone fell out nearly landing on top of him.

Shocked at what had happened, he knelt down and felt Harry's neck for a pulse, but didn't get one. He covered his mouth with his hand, quickly backing away.

It was then when his mother walked in. "Harry?!" She ran over to her husband's crumbled body, throwing herself on top of it. "Call 911!" She ordered Shawn, but when he didn't move, she got more stern. "Do it!"

Shawn hadn't actually registered if anyone had ever called or not, but evidently someone did, because the paramedics had arrived after the detectives did. He turned his glance away from the detective, and towards his hands.

"Mr. Lewis?" The detective called, trying to get his attention back on her. "Maybe you can tell me, in your own words, what had happened here?"

Shawn opened his mouth to say something, then closed it again. What would he tell her? He couldn't really form any words. Footsteps at the door saved him from having to say anything to her.

"He isn't going to talk to you at the moment," he heard Victor saying. "The poor kid is traumatized. So you might as well talk to the others here. You can start with me if you like."

Detective Cartwright nodded. "Very well then," she glanced back at Shawn. "This isn't over. I'll come back in a little while to finish this." She walked out of the kitchen, with Victor right behind her.

Shawn breathed a sigh of relief, Victor had saved him from having to say anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back