• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern THE MUNDANE - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Character: Emily Willis
Interacting with: Elle and Jess?

Emily walked quietly down the street, keys jingling around her neck as she did. She wore a green jacket to fight against the dull January chill. Her lips seemed to mouth words but no sound came out as she did, assumedly mouthing the lyrics of the song that was playing in her earbuds. Suddenly Emily stopped seeing someone familiar in front of her.

"Oh dont act so surprised Emmy~!" She heard a laughing voice pierce the silent veil of the night. Covering her mouth, Emily's eyes widened being her glasses. And out of the shadows stepped two figures. One had the side of her head shaved with the rest of her brunette locks over her shoulder. She wore a leather jacket over a black t-shirt that had in red lettering "CHERRY BOMB!" written on it with a design of a cherry and a black skirt. The other had silver died, short cut hair and wore a cream turtleneck and leggings.

"I-I..." Emily stumbled over her words, "They said you were dead!"

Elle and Jess gave each other a look before looking back at Emily and laughing. "As if!" Elle said, brushing a single brunette hair out of her face. Emily teared up and ran up to them and flung out her arms to hug them both. Her arms never met warm skin and her friends laughs dissapeared. It was then that Emily realized they were just like her mom and brother. Gone. The female nearly teared up and was nearly committed to turning around and going home when she saw the lights of the building ahead and remembered her promise to her mother to go. Real or not she wouldnt break it for the world.

And so the dirty blonde took a deep breath and pushed open the doors and walked into the party.

Angelique Midnight

Angel looks around the room while putting the cookies back in her pocket "Someone with a shovel, interesting" the figure next to her says causing Angel to smile slightly, she also noted that the kids standing around near the walls were the only ones casually dressed "That is even more interesting" she mumbles closing her eyes going around the room with her shadow, a handy trick in this case "Too many people" she mumbles ignoring the 'ghost' of her cousin next to her.

She probably should go and talk to someone, but she only knew Derrick and he was busy talking to the guy with the shovel, so that was out of the question too, she hides a yawn, she wished she could just lay in bed right now instead of being at the party that seemed like all the other parties "Why did I have to go?" she asks, but she notices she's alone.

Interacting with: Angelique Flame Demon Flame Demon

Opening the doors to the apartment the female was immediately bombarded by a sea of noise coming from the already bustling party. The female looked at her phone to find it was five minutes after nine. Taking a deep breath the female gathered her courage and took off her green coat, hanging it up on a hook by the door. Under her coat, she wore a pale blue sweater with some dark jeans and converse. Her hair was down and although it was a bit staticy and windblown from being outside, she still looked somewhat decent. The female nervously crossed her arms over her chest, noticing that nobody she knew was present.

Who did you think you would know? Your only friend is traveling until the day school comes back so of course, she wouldn't be there! Emily thought to herself. Looking around the female decided to start walking when suddenly she bumped into another female, tripping over her and falling to the ground. The freshman swore quietly before standing up, an embarrassed blush painting her face a powdery pink. "I am so so sorry!" the female said panicked, her blue eyes widening a bit behind her black-framed glasses.

Angelique Midnight
IzzyFizzy IzzyFizzy

Angel raises an eyebrow "It's fine, there are too many people in here to walk normally" she says, after inspecting the girl she figures she'd probably be a freshman, which sort of makes her wonder when school starts again, she'd have an excuse to eat a lot again. She knew a lot of people were from her school yet she didn't seem to know anyone she had talked to at said place. "You're a freshman aren't you?" she asks tilting her head slightly as she waits for an answer and she puts her hands in her pockets.

Emily grinned sheepishly, her face turning pink with embarrassment. Good going Em, the first party you have ever gone to and you already have tripped over someone and made a fool of yourself she thought. The female nods at Angel's statement before hearing her question. "Yeah, is it that obvious?" she said sheepishly, embarrassment still evident on her face.

"So um, what grade are you in?" The female asked, trying to draw attention away from her. Out of the corner of her eye, she could swear she could see Elle quivering with held back laughter. If she didn't know that she was fake she might have flipped her off for being so childish.

Angelique Midnight
Party
IzzyFizzy IzzyFizzy

"I'm a senior, skipped a grade though" Angel says with a smile "What's your name? Mine's Angelique, though you can call me Angel" she says "And it was a guess to be honest" she adds. She could see the girl embarrassed, which was kinda funny if she was being honest. Then again, the people dancing like crazy were amusing to watch as well, she hated it there, but if she left then she's have her dead cousin drag her back somehow.

Emily mentally slapped herself when she heard the female's grade. Not only did you embarrass yourself in front of a pretty girl at a party, but you embarrassed yourself in front of a pretty SENIOR girl at a party! Emily thought hoping she wasn't showing anything on her face that may tip the other to what she was thinking. "Angel, pretty name," the brunette said smiling, "My name is Emily, but most people call me Em." She said reservedly. Once again Emily heard one of her friends (She couldn't tell if it was Elle or Jess) screaming out across the room, "OR EMMY~~"

At this Emily tried not to seem phased. These were only hallucinations so nobody was really heard screaming and she couldn't risk seeming crazy in front of this new potential friend. Em instead adjusted her glasses that had slid down her nose, pushing them back up and slipping a lock of windblown brunette hair behind her ear.

Angelique Midnight
Party
IzzyFizzy IzzyFizzy

Angel smiles "Thanks, your name is pretty too" she says and she laughs softly seeing Emily's face go red, probably from embarrassing herself "It's okay though" she says, she didn't really care that the girl was a lower grade then her, she didn't care for popularity one bit "So did you get invited by text too?" she asks tilting her head slightly. She put a stands of black hair behind her shoulder, making a mental not to always carry a hair tie around with her "It's in your pocket, like always" Al says, seemingly being back to annoy her to no end.

Angel checks her pocket and does find a hair tie, she was planning to ignore the ghost further though "Why would anyone trow a party to celebrate life when we lost a lot people thanks to the virus?" she asks while putting her hair in a ponytail.

Emily nodded saying, "Yeah it was really weird, I was just minding my own business and watching some TV when my phone went off. I was lucky that my dad was going to be out for the night anyway, otherwise, he probably wouldn't have let me go." As she mentioned her dad her face scrunched up a bit, knowing that if he caught her she would be in for a whole world of trouble. Ever since the virus struck and her mom and brother died things have been tough, and her dad had become more protective of ever of her.

Nearly shaking her head the female went on, trying not to think about her family, "And I don't get that either. I lost at least four amazing beautiful people that I love and what are we doing? Celebrating life!" Her face scrunched up angrily, her irritation at the text resurfacing before she took a deep breath, trying to calm down her anger.

Angelique Midnight
Party
IzzyFizzy IzzyFizzy

Angel nods slightly "I just found out today that I lost my cousin, I honestly wasn't in the mood for it, but she would want to see me move on" she says, she had become too lazy over the time she hadn't been allowed to go outside despite having a training room in her house. "So were you in any club before the school closed?" she asks trying to make a normal conversation, instead of the annoying ones you normally see at a party "And if you can't go home because your father is home after this you could come with me, my parents would love it if I bring people over" she says after thinking for a while.

Emily nodded and said, "Well, I was in the Drama Club, but we weren't planning a production at the time that the virus hit. Oh, and there is Show Choir!" at the end, her face became excited a smile wide on her face, "I never thought I would get in! I absolutely suck at dancing, and that was the main thing we got tested on!"

Her grin became wider at hearing the other female's proposal to stay at her home, "Oh cool! Thank you, my dad would have killed me" she rubbed the back of her neck again smiling. "So what clubs were you in?" She asked curiously

Angelique Midnight
Party

IzzyFizzy IzzyFizzy

"I was in the tennis club, the basketball club refused me since I'm a girl, my dad got pretty angry when he heard that" Angel says with a bright smile as she remembers her father complaining to the school about the fact she wasn't allowed to join the basketball team. "I settled for tennis since it seems that's the only sport girls are allowed to play" she says.

Of course the PE teacher wasn't happy that her father came to complain about that minor detail and got even more annoyed when he realize she had talent "Just please don't mind my mother too much if she questions you about your life and all that stuff" she says looking at Emily.

Emily's eyes widened smiling. "Wow! Really? I mean I suck at sports personally, I can never pull them off. Well, I guess maybe track or swimming but even then I have, like, no endurance at all." She said, giggling at the end. "And that's fine!" She said, "Honestly my dad would do the same thing as if you were some sort of criminal. Especially as of what happened recently with the virus and all." Her face was drawn into a loose smile, remembering the time that her father and mother had both interrogated Elle.

Her mom had been so sure she had been doing drugs or involved in some gang because of her hair. Her father was unfazed by it however and in the end, the two were closer than ever, going between their houses almost every day that summer to hang out. It was a fond memory and one that was sharp and bitter all the same now that she had been taken from her. She shook her head trying to rid herself of the sad thoughts that plagued her before looking back to Angel.

Jaylen Marshall

6341784_2.jpeg
Tags: Expel Expel

Jaylen thought that it was best to save his money and drop out on the idea of having pizza at Grimaldi's since his father called him saying that he was making one of his signature dishes at home, which was Jerk Chicken Pineapple Pasta. A wonderfully delicious meal, and one of Jaylen's favorites. As Jaylen was walking home his phone would vibrate indicating that he had received a text message. The text message was sent from an unknown number. He would read the recently received message and acrimony chuckle under his breath after doing so. "A damn party? After all the shit that happened?" Jaylen said to himself with furrowed eyebrows. Plenty of people are still going through a lot and mourning over loved ones who were lost by the virus, but everybody wants to fuckin' party like it's 1999 now? Furiously thought Jaylen. It didn't seem acceptable to Jaylen on how people could just celebrate when the loss of hundreds of people was and probably still too much to bear for friends and families of the lost ones; he purely thought of this as an insensitive act. After angrily kissing his teeth and nodding his head in a disgruntled manner, Jaylen would turn off his phone and continue to put his cellular device in one of the pockets of his Nike basketball mesh shorts while he continued his journey home.

It was early in the evening and Jaylen was laid out on his bed swiping through his Instagram feed. The depths of boredom had stricken him greatly, and there was absolutely nothing for him to do. Maybe he could play video games, watch NBA highlights or some movie on Netflix, or just go to sleep, but the saddening part about it was he had done all of those things. Jaylen candidly hated to be bored with a fiery passion and cannot stand it. He had to be doing something to at least have some fun, and sadly there was not a single thing that he can think of. Unless he attended the party from the text message that was sent to him a few hours ago. Jaylen thought long and hard to consider if he should go. Was it truly insensitive to be present at a harmless party to the people who suffered from the Baracuda Virus?

"Fuck it."

Jaylen proceeded to roll up out of his bed and look over at the time on his alarm clock. "It's half past seven, I still have enough time to take a quick shower." He would leisurely walk into the bathroom with a towel, lotion, and deodorant in hand and closed the door behind him. After taking a well-needed cleansing shower, he would return back to his room with the towel tied tightly around his waist as his hair was still wholly wet. He would open up his closet and selectively choose his clothing for the occasion. Picking out a casual white long sleeve Nike tee with a Brooklyn Nets bomber jacket worn over, while also wearing black denim joggers complimented with white Air Force 1's Low Swoosh.

After drying up and changing into his clothes he would look back at the time. "It's quarter past eight, I need to get there fast or I'm gonna be late for this party." As he said those very words to himself he wouldn't waste any time and be out the door in a matter of seconds. As time progressed, Jaylen sauntered into the open night streets and would eventually stop at a well presentable apartment building where the party was being held. He would raise his eyes to the six-story building and give a resigned sigh.

Now reaching the top floor and exiting out of the elevator, Jaylen could smell the strong unwanted odor of alcohol and marijuana; he would continue to walk down the hall to see where the party was occurring. Finally entering the apartment, Jaylen was immediately uncomfortable as there was a swarm of teenagers dancing, grinding on each other, and accidentally bumping into one another. As Jaylen tried squeezing through sweaty bodies he would shoulder-block into someone with a seemingly irritated face and messy cornrows. "Watch out, you little punk!" Said the angered teenager. "My bad," as Jaylen apologized he slowly back-pedaled away which caused him to accidentally bump into someone else. He would turn back and see that her odd-colored beverage had been spilled on the young woman as he bumped into her. "Oh shit my bad," said Jaylen with an apologetic tone, and sincere eyes. But her cold and calculating glare could be enough said.

Last edited:
Angelique
Party
IzzyFizzy IzzyFizzy

Angel smiles slightly "It's a big difference if your mother actually knows who most criminals are" she says scanning the room again "My dad's pretty chill, unless it concerns a sport. He's basketball trainer" she explains. She still wondered why there was a party, it didn't make any sense, it also didn't make sense that she could see her dead cousin "I just hope we get a good explanation as to why we were invited soon" she says looking at Emily "Any idea why we're here celebrating life instead of being at home eating our sorrows away"

Emily smiled before saying, "Oh that's cool! My dad is a chef. Well he was, he just started looking for a job again a week or two ago." Her mouth seemed to shift to a small frown for a moment before she seemed to shake whatever was bothering her and her face became bright again. Listening to the second statement the female stated, "Yeah, I hope so too. I have no clue why we should be here. I would have ditched if it had not been for-" The brunette cut herself off suddenly, knowing how close she was to accidentally talking about her hallucinations of her dead friends and family.

Biting the inside of her cheek Emily came up with a random excuse she hoped didn't sound too fake to the senior. "- well my friends wouldn't have wanted me inside moping for them all the time. They would be happy to actually see me try and socialize outside our little circle."

Angelique Midnight
Party
IzzyFizzy IzzyFizzy

Angel sweatdrops, deciding not to say anything "Yeah, my uncle and aunt are visiting for a few days. They wanted to spend time with me after hearing I got sick, they were scared I wasn't going to make it like my cousin" she says looking down "So they drove over here as soon as they heard I made a full recovery, I only learned about my cousin today". Normally she wouldn't be so open, but she knew Emily understood what she was going through from what she gathered "I didn't want to come here at all after hearing that, but on my way back I realized she wouldn't want me to lock myself in my room and came anyway"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back