• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

What Time Period Do Players Want?

• 1920s

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 1930s/WWII

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Modern

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

StormWolf

Elder Member
The Mummy
Tales of Fortune, Terror, & Glory

1603661475476.png

“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
― T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom: A Triumph​

There is a theory among the more eccentric and esoteric Bembridge Scholars that has been considered too controversial for publication in mainstream, respectable newsletters. It is called The Big, Terrible, Picture.
This theory is that the collective "we" — as in humanity — has lost more than it ever learned. For centuries, mankind has discovered objects far older than recorded history. Not even the immortal empires of Egypt, Persia, and Rome could fully grasp the expanse of their forebears, giving rise to myths and legends surrounding such artifacts — things crafted by the hands of gods, demons, and other things so vastly beyond our comprehension. None retain the knowledge of such relics — how they were made; how to harness their potential to the fullest.

Humanity never strays far from these things — these places. Cities stacked atop cities. Trappings of habitual creatures and repeat offenders, and the burden of genetic memory. Whenever civilization reaches its zenith of power, something always throws out the toys — hitting the reset button, leaving those who come next to spend an eon digging through the dusted remains of the percursors for answers, only to find more questions.

Fringe theory, even in the most progressive and modern of times, but a theory with a following, and a following with means and money.

Enter the Carlyle Foundation

Founded in 1919 by Alexander Ward-Jones, a prominent philanthropist and industrialist in honor of his son, Carlyle Ward-Jones, who perished on an expedition into the Dark Continent. The Foundation is stated to be dedicated to furthering the endeavors of the late Carlyle Ward-Jones before his death — anthropological and archaeological discovery and preservation. They employ individual of particular talent, grit, skill, and acumen in the pursuit of this endeavor, and spare no expense in incentivizing those whom they wish to retain under their employ.

You are one of their latest candidates, receiving a communique from "The Curator" of the Carlyle Foundation, offering a job within the Foundation's newly-forming expedition.

1603662447182.png
Take that, Bembridge Scholars!

Well, here it is! A Mummy RP prompt! This is a bit of an odd one, in that it is technically Fandom, but more along the lines of original content in all but name, theme, and mood. A pulpy treasure-hunting adventure with magic and mummies. Spoilers!

If you are interested, make yourself known in the thread below and be sure to vote in the poll for time period! If you have questions, feel free to ask! Feel free to brainstorm character concepts, talk about the films, and so on!

BELIAL. BELIAL.

Finally! A RP I would actually be interested in!

I've always loved the Mummy movies. Will this be set in the early 1900s as well?
Either way, I'd love to give it a try!

Tell me how I watched the mummy last night, and thought about how there aren't any mummy inspired RP's...and now you made a fan's dreams come true hahaha StormWolf StormWolf
I too was watching the Mummy, then found my old expedition journals to Egypt and such, and decided that I've been mulling it over enough, and I just needed to do it!

I too was watching the Mummy, then found my old expedition journals to Egypt and such, and decided that I've been mulling it over enough, and I just needed to do it!

so glad you did!!! I can’t wait, oh my gosh!! They literally had the mummy movies on XFinity and I said BET haha

Sincerely interested in taking a look at this, at the very least. The Mummy and Returns remain my favorite movies- a healthy balance of campy and terrifying, sincere and silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back