• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Multiverse Theory OOC

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld

Alright, this is the Chat Area. Feel free to talk about anything you want, even ideas for the roleplay. I'd like it if everyone involved could check in at least once a day, even if you aren't going to post, it is nice to let other people know you haven't forgotten about this place.

Multiverse Rules
Rules of the Roleplay

1.) No God modding: This is making your character stronger than they are supposed to be. This also includes avoiding damage when your character would have otherwise been damaged. Same for dealing damage.

2.) All Characters must be completely finished and approved before you are allowed to roleplay. No WIP posts, you have your own Private Workshops for character design. Once you are finished, you may post them in the character sheet.
The secret phrase is "Katy and Arte Forever".

3.) People have problems, sometimes with each other, sometimes out in real life, but I would appreciate it if you could keep your personal problems out of the roleplay.

4.) I'm going to have a character limit in place. A Maximum of three characters and a Minimum of one.

5.) I'll also have a post limit, matching that of the posts in the interest thread. At least three paragraphs.

6.) There is a secret phrase somewhere in one of my many posts. Find it and post it with your character sheet so I know you've read this rules.

7.)
For those who didn't participate in the writing exorcise in the interest thread, I am requesting that you make a Writing Sample along side your character. There is a spot in the Extra section of the character sheet.

8.) When your character is accepted, I will Like it. Until then, there is to be no roleplaying.

9.) No MetaGaming. This is using information from outside the Roleplay to give your character an edge. If a character is secretly evil, yet acts like a saint, your character isn't going to just "have a feeling" that that character is evil. The same rules apply to information within character sheets. A character might have hidden biological weapons, but your character won't know that unless it was explained to them.

Code Courtesy of my Good Friend @Starfish

Last edited:
Quick question: You want us to use the prompt that you posted in the interest check to write a sample?

NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer

Alright, I've been doing some thinking, and even consulted with a friend, and we both agree that your character seems a bit op with both magical abilities and weaponry. Frankly speaking, you just have too much. Every character has stuff they are good at and stuff they are bad at.

I'm thinking that you should be able to pick from a list of abilities I am going to put up. Some your character will have automatically, some you'll have to pick, usually differing between Defense and Offence. Choosing one naturally prevents you from having the other.

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Augmentations_(DXMD)

From this list, you can have:

All Cranium Augments.
Camera, Turret, and Robot hacking has a chance to fail in this roleplay.​
All Eye Augments
All Arm Augments
Choice: Nanoblade or TESLA System​
All Torso Augments
Choice: Typhoon Explosive System or TITAN Shield​
All Back Augments
Choice: Icarus Landing or Icarus Dash​
All Skin Augments
Choice: Typhoon Explosive System or TITAN Shield​
All Leg Augments

Because of the quantity of Augments you'll have, there will be a limitation on Energy.

You will have five Energy Cells which each have five Energy.

That list has energy costs. Low energy takes only one Energy from a Cell. Medium takes two, and high takes three. You would regain one energy every post.

Now on to the other abilities. The Copy ability is too strong with six abilities. Though I do like it so I'll allow it to copy two abilities max. However, as it is not an ability specific to the suit itself, the energy cost would be one Energy Cell.

Now onto Ghost abilities. Invisibility is not necessary as you have the Skin Augmentation, not sure why cursing at an opponent is a Ghost ability, any body can curse at someone, the same for haunt, but if it means possessing someone we can't have that. Phasing I will allow. However, using the phasing ability should completely disable the augments as Magic and Science do not mix.

There was no explanation for why he can fly. His description says he only has one mechanical leg, meaning he can't have rockets. I don't think I can accept flight without a proper explanation. However, gliding is fine as the Icarus Landing System does allow for gliding.

Weapons...I for one think that you have way to many weapons. Cannons, guns, swords, daggers. However, because of the Micro Assembler, you can choose to carry one weapon. Using the Assembler, you will be able to break down that one weapon into another type of weapon.

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
Thank you for your response! I greatly appreciate your criticism and advice to improve my character's abilities. I will edit my character to suit your interest

From the augments you've given me a choice for I've listed these as my decisions:
Arm Augment: Nanoblade
Torso Augment: Typhoon Explosive System
Back Augment: Icarus Landing (I've decided to change to gliding)
Skin Augment: TITAN Shield

So I guess all I have to change is my weapons and abilities. I would like to ask if the Micro Assembler costs energy as well. Also, is Edell's scientifically enhanced eyes and his superhuman traits (speed, strength, and durability) allowed to keep? I assume that my character is allowed to create illusions? Thank you for your cooperation and I'll edit my character now.

Last edited:
NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer

Oh, that is good. I was afraid...of something happening. Some people don't respond well to critique. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I wanted to say and then I remembered Deus Ex Machina and it's augments were quite similar to what you wanted to do with your character. And it fits the theme of your Universe as well. Order, but a little bit of Chaos.

Also, sorry, I wasn't clear and that is my fault. The skin and torso augments are of the same vine so it is either the Typhoon system or the Titan shield. I gave those two choice areas to show that one was in the Skin section and one was in the Torso section. Sorry again. I wanted to especially give you a choice of either an explosive weapon or absolute defense. Both have uses in group combat.

Illusions will be allowed, however, they'll follow the same line as Phasing, though not as severe. It will limit only Cranium Augments as Illusions are a mental system.

The Micro Assembler will take energy depending on the size of the weapon. A pistol or a knife would only be one energy, a shotgun would be three, a sniper a full Energy Cell. The weapon you can create will also be dependent on the amount of raw materials you have. The bigger the weapon, the more materials you need. A big weapon can create many little weapons but one little weapon cannot create even one big weapon.

Super Human traits are the base effects of the main augments. As for the enhanced eyes, you should take a look at the Eyes portion of that link I sent you. There are some interesting abilities that come with being augmented.

Since it is from a video game, there are many videos showing off the augments.

Ah, don't worry, I was taking care of some real life business so I couldn't respond right away. I also wanted to respond to you perfectly, since your ideas that you introduced to me help make my character less overpowered.

Also, I was slightly confused for the skin and torso augments. Though, I thank you for clarifying that. As well for giving more information of how illusions should work and the cost of energy for the micro assembler. Thanks for showing me some examples and I will look more into the information you gave me.
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Hi there! I haven't seen the interest check for this rp so I'll take a look at that first, just wanted to say that I'm super interested and I'd love to participate if you have enough room :^)

It'll probably take me a little while to fully put together my character since I'm pretty nit-picky, but do expect it in the next few days! At the very least, they'll be up by Sunday. I love in-depth plotting and stuff like this, world building is so much fun ^^

I'd like to think it's more of a joint effort, but if we're really gonna be doing all the heavy lifting, I expect a minimum of 7 dollars an hour :^))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back