• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Closed

"Don't you worry. Everything's fine. Hey, nobody's perfect, and imagine how boring the world would be if nobody had flaws."
With a calming smile, Rachel looked up into his eyes. She barely knew him but...for some reason he fascinated her like no one had done before.
Her fingers softly stroked his back.
Yes he was tall as hell and she has seen how strong he was. An unbeatable fighter, for sure, but... at the same time, and she only realized it now that she had spent all her evening with him, he felt breakable in her arms. Even Fragile, as if the next bad word from her could shatter him into a million pieces.
"Hey, you know what? You kind of remind me of a story a friend of mine told me. It was about a wolf that had been separated from his pack because humans had caught him and brought him into a city for illegal dog fights. He escaped and wandered for years, but when he came back home, it was all gone. His whole pack, just gone. But he didn't give up. He followed their traces for so long...until he found his pack. His oldest pup had become the leader and named his firstborn after him. The pack greeted him happily, and when it for evening, the pack started to howl, to tell everyone that the wolf had returned. And till today they Joel, telling his age-old story. The story of the Lone Wolf."
She planted a soft kiss on his forehead and then leaned hers against his, looking into his eyes.
"And you know what...lone wolf? I have the same problem. I sometimes can't control my fire. If no one cools me down then, I'd explode like an a-bomb, like, literally."

Mina nodded.
"What about that one there in the corner at the window? It's nice to a see a window that's not shattered for once."
She sighed silently.
"Hey Evan? Sorry I snapped at you...it's just...i know what the commander is going through, and I can relate to it very well. I know how he feels. I know it just too good and believe me, I'd give everything to stop feeling like that."

Last edited:
Jim stared into Rachel's eyes, for the first time in forever feeling as if he didn't have to pretend to be unbreakable. He didn't have to show his brash outer layer he usually wore.
But what if he let himself fall? What if he showed himself vulnerable? What if she'd use it against him? She didn't seem like somebody who would do that, but he'd had too many bad experiences and he couldn't take that risk again.
"Don't explode, 'kay?", he whispered, a soft smirk on his face. Looking up into the sky, he sighed sadly. The picture of Rachel's scarred arms was floating through his thoughts the entire time. "Are you...are you suicidal?", he asked silently, knowing it was a really fragile topic. But he needed to know.

Evan nodded and followed Mina to the table. Sitting down, he frowned slightly. "Then tell me. What's that thing you can relate to? What do you feel that you'd give anything for it to stop?"

"Never", Rachel whispered back with a slight grin. "After all I still have to fix the world and your heart."
At his question about being suicidal, she kept quiet for quite a while. Finally, she lay down on the bonnet of the baby and watched him for another while, her amber eyes softly glowing in the dark.
"I was", she admitted. "That was the day when I found out that I can fall to ashes. I hit the ground- I fall to ashes- I'm back." She sighed silently. "I eh...you know why I joined the army? Because i give a fuck if i live or die. But...to be honest..." she had been looking at her reflection in the bonnet all the time, but now looked up at Jim. "...i might have found a reason to carry on tonight. I just have the strong feeling that there's suddenly a whole new future waiting for me, one to live on for."
Blushing brightly, she looked down again. "I mean... i know I'm just some...stupid...random...girl who just showed up and everything but but but..."

"Loneliness", Mina said silently. "Self-chosen loneliness. Imagine you give everything, 1000%, but it's never good enough. You can rip your heart out, for God's sake, but in the end you know you're fighting against something you can't overpower: yourself. And so you isolate yourself. You already have an enemy that could destroy you with a single thought. What if others disappoint you? Hurt you? How could you deal with another disappointment on top of everything the one you should be able to trust the most is doing to you... that's what we're going through."

Jim frowned, sat down on the bonnet of the car as well and looked at Rachel. Softly putting one finger under her chin, lifting up her head so she'd look at him again, he smiled softly. "You're only 14. You still got your entire life in front of you. Don't give up on that. And don't ever think about yourself as a stupid, random girl, because you're so much more." He softly stroke a streak of hair behind her ear and looked up into the night sky. "There's always a reason to keep on fighting. To keep on living. And no matter how strange that reason might be to some people, don't give up on it. Don't give up on yourself." He softly took her arm and stroke over the scars with his thumb. "The scars aren't worth it. You're a beautiful, young girl, with...the best personality one could have. You're kind, helpful, understanding...you're amazing, Rachel, and don't ever think of yourself less than that."

Evan's eyes widened sadly. "...what?", he stuttered, immediately grabbing Mina's hand. "But...but..." He let go of her hand again and sighed. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know that... I wish... I wish I could stop it. I really do. I'd...I'd do anything to help you." Looking into her eyes, a soft smile appeared on his face. "But hey...you're not alone anymore. You got me. We're besties, remember?"

"Don't give up on my reason to carry on?", Rachel repeated, and softly placed her hand on his hand on her arm, softly stroking over the back of his hand with her thumb.
She looked up into his eyes with a half sad, half soft smile.
"Don't worry, I won't give up on you", she whispered, looking away, with a bright blush on her face. Yes, he was much older. Yes, their ways would part by tomorrow evening.
Yes, she had a crush on him.
She rearranged her position slightly, so she could use his leg as a pillow, and looked up into his eyes. "I believe I love... y-your eyes. They...they're... i mean..." smiling awkwardly, she turned on her side, her back facing Jim, but her head still resting on his thigh. Drawing circles on his leg with one finger, she basically just waited for Jim to run off or push her away. "Orion is right above us... it must be Christmas soon..."

Mina smiled sadly and softly stroked over his cheek.
"You fragile, little human...", she sighed. "How long will it take till I lose you in a battle? A day? A week? Will it be a grenade? A bullet?"
She looked up into his eyes with small tears glittering in her lashes.
"Or will it be me, losing control over whatever monster I am? "

Last edited:
Jim looked down at Rachel and watched her draw circles on his leg. Her touch was soft. She was soft.
Four years younger than him, but it didn't feel like that. It felt as if they both had the same age, and if they somehow had known eachother for a very long time.
"My eyes are nothing special compared to yours.", he mumbled silently, placing his hand on her back and softly stroking over it with his fingers.
She would already have to leave soon... and Jim didn't know why or how, but he wanted so badly that she could stay. She didn't treat him like a big pile of crap, or like the grumpy commander who apparently didn't care about anything but himself - she treated him like himself. And he didn't want to lose that. It felt good, knowing she wouldn't attack him or somehow betray him in using his trust against him.
Was this what real friendship felt like?

Evan frowned sadly, softly placing his hands on her cheeks, wiping away her tears with his thumbs. "You won't lose me. I've fought by your side all this time - you probably haven't noticed me, but fine - and I didn't die. So why should I now?" With a soft smile he placed a fast kiss on her forehead. "And I'm sure you won't lose control over yourself either."
Just in that moment the woman who had stood behind the counter earlier put their order on the table. "Enjoy your meal.", she said, smiling. "You two are an adorable couple.", and with that she left again - Evan somehow blushing to a deep red.

"Hmmmhh you have no idea how good that feels...", Rachel sighed happily.
After a while, she turned back on her back and smiled up at him, softly stroking over his cheek. "But seriously- I've never seen such a striking blue before. And I got a thing for blue eyes. " She winked and chuckled silently, before taking his hand and playing around with his fingers.
"Ah, I almost forgot why I came into your tent!"
A slight frown formed on her face, as if she was thinking hard about something.
"My little brother can see the future, and he has a message for you... He said 'Jim Davis... there will be a time when the wolf demands to run free, and he will leave the fate behind that isn't his. The path will be painful, but the chase will bring wolf and Phoenix back together, to solve what his past destroyed'". She raised one eyebrow. "I have absolutely no idea what he meant, except that I'm probably the Phoenix, and you are somehow involved...as a wolf?...buuut...!" A huge grin spread on her face as she said that.
"It definitely means that we'll meet again! And that time hopefully longer than for two days."

Mina chuckled silently at Evan's color change from normal to tomato.
"You guys should let me go fight alone...i mean? I apparently can't die from physical damage and I..."
Now she blushed slightly as well.
"I mean, you all...you could go home. Back to your families. People will grieve if someone of you dies, but if something happens to me, people can carry on much easier. It's just logical." She took a bite of her burger and frowned slightly. "Tastes funny."

Jim just smiled sadly. "I hope so.", was all he could reply before looking up into the night sky again, his face again expressionless and his eyes empty. "You have to go, don't you?", he asked silently after a while, still not taking his eyes off the sky. "You have to go back to your family, your boyfriend, your friends...school." He looked at Rachel for a moment before sighing. "Enjoy it as long as you can."
Noticing the rattle snake beside him on the bonnet he grabbed it with his right hand and showed it to Rachel. "You see those rings at the tail? If you count those you can calculate how old the snake is. This one's got 9 rings. One ring equals 2 years, so this little guy here is approximately 18 years old. Can't kill a snake as old as me." - and he threw the snake away into the bushes. "Snakes here are much nicer than those over in Iran."

Evan shook his head, his eyes shimmering slightly. "I won't leave you. And besides, I only got my grandmother left. She's got cancer and won't live long no more." He stared at his food for a moment, sighing sadly. "Why do you think nobody would grieve for you? That's not true. I would grieve, for sure... and you know... not all soldiers are scared of you. I know plenty of guys and women who'd love to meet you. So forget it - we won't let you go into battle on your own."

"I won't go home", Rachel sighed sadly. "I'll be off to mission 61... free some shapeshifters that have been caught by the hunters. And... the last time I saw my family was six years ago. They're back in Germany. My parents and brother are in Italy at the moment...but dad has a secret that gets us all in danger, so I'll take my brother with me and hide." She sighed deeply.
"Friends? All over the world but none here in the states. And I graduated this year. Skipped two grades."
She cuddled against his side, looking up at the sky as well, until she looked up at him, softly tilted his head in her direction and kissed him for a split second.
"I will be closer than you think. I promise. We'll meet again, just...don't give up. I heard your father talking about shapeshifters, and he didn't sound as if he likes my kind. Your path might lead you deep into the dark for a while...just remember that I'll wait for you at the end of the tunnel, okay?"

Mina sighed silently, looking down at her burger. "If you die, I'll kill you", she grumbled. "And...im sorry about your grandma. But...what happened to the rest of your family?"
Only now she realized she had come closer all the time, and now was more or less shoving against his side. It was so new to touch someone for a reason other than to break their spine, but it was nice...

Jim held his breath, his heart racing as he felt a warm glow. Had she... had she just kissed him?
"I...eh..." He gulped, nervously switching gazes to her and his shaking hands.
Yep.
That had been his first kiss. Kinda sad, wasn't it?
He gulped again and took a deep breath so he could answer her.
"Well, congrats to graduating school. And eh..." Running his hand through his hair, he looked up into the night sky, hoping she wouldn't see how red he was.
"I- I'll try, okay?", he mumbled. "And...please don't give up yourself." Turning to her, a sad frown on his face, he added, "Don't die."

Evan smirked slightly as Mina came closer. He was thinking about wrapping his arm around her...but he didn't.
"Well... my mom left me and my dad when I was 7 for another man. Never heard anything from her again. Dad was broken, of course, but he did a great job raising me. He died last year of cancer... And well, I never had any siblings, so that's that. Never met my family from mom's side, and my dad didn't have any siblings as well - so no aunts or uncles or cousins for me. Just grandpa and grandma. My grandfather died just this year, a couple of weeks before I left for Iran.", he explained.

Rachel chuckled softly, intertwining her fingers with his.
"I promise. I will be there and take your hand again. And who knows, maybe then we get the chance to start over where we leave off now."
She softly ran her fingers through his hair and down his back, her face burying into the side of his neck.
"Hey...when you feel bad again, or unloved...just remember that there's at least one person who would go through hell for you, okay? Don't forget our night here."

"Ouch...", Mina mumbled silently, looking down at her food.
This probably was one of the very few evenings when she could just forget about all the bad at home for a while, And hopefully he could, too.
She opened her ponytail and ran her hand through her hair once, stroking it to one side.
"Hey, at least we have eachother now", she said with a slight smile.
"Bet we'll be a good team. On the front, but in general too."

Jim stared into Rachel's eyes with a sad expression in his for a moment.
Her eyes were the most beautiful thing he had ever seen... fiery amber, glowing with such passion... absolutely magnetizing.
"Don't wait for me.", he whispered, a broken tone in his voice. "I won't make it. And I don't want to hurt you." Staring at their interwined fingers and then at Rachel again, he sighed sadly. "Live your life. You...you have a boyfriend. He seems like a good guy..." Looking up into the sky, he closed his eyes for a short second.
"I'm not worth throwing that all away for...", he whispered, so silently he hoped she hadn't heard it.

Evan smirked. "Yeah, duhh, of course we are.", he winked, taking a bite off his burger.
He was glad he had been jealous of Mina all along, if not... would he have ever talked to her?
"Hey, you know what Mina?", he asked, smiling softly. "This is the best da- eh, evening, ever."

"Now you listen to me, you idiot."
Rachel's words were harsh, but the soft sound of her voice clearly showed that she didn't mean it.
"Cody? He's about to be my ex! I told you how he annoys me. He just can't accept that I am not the sweet girl he wants to see in me. He can't accept me how I am, and sorry but that's his problem then.
You won't make it? Don't even think that! You will make it, and we will meet again, and this war will end! There's a sunrise, Even in hell, and I must know it, I have been there! Literally. It might be really uncomfortable there, But even there the sun rises!
And would you please stop calling yourself worthless?! Damn the major is nothing but a mean dick!"
She softly stroked a streak of hair out of his face and pulled him into a tight hug.
"Worth is subjective. And from my subjective point of view, you're worth going through hell for. You might hide it from everyone else, but there's a wonderful, loving young man hidden behind those walls you built up. Someone who would never betray the ones he loves, someone who's hanging on a cliff. You can't pull yourself up. Nobody could. But you don't have to fall into that pit of misery below. I'm here, and I will help you if you let me. Or do i seem like someone who would break a promise?" She grabbed the collar of his jacket with both hands and pulled him into a quick kiss. "I will be there."

Mina slowly turned her head to look at Evan. "Were you about to say 'date'?", she asked surprised, a slight smirk and blush appearing on her face. She softly wrapped one arm around his waist and planted a kiss on his cheek. "I think so too. A nice date. If we find an ice rink somewhere, it's gonna be perfect." She winked and turned to her burger again.

Jim froze again. Her lips were so soft. Her touch felt like... he couldn't even describe it. It just felt too good.
Blushing to a deep red again, he was holding his breath in, his heart racing so fast one could even hear the beating sounds.
"I... I knew your boyfriend annoyed you but I didn't know you were going to break up with him.", he mumbled, trying to hide that he was this nervous.
"And... I eh... and I..." He sighed sadly. "I'm sorry. I can't help feeling that way and it's hard for me to believe someone doesn't see me as an egoistic bastard or someone to be scared off or... whatever."
He stared at Rachel for a moment, scanning every inch on her beautiful face.
"You know... you're so beautiful. Your eyes are so hypnotizing and definitely the most beautiful I have ever seen. Your cheeks and nose and ears... cute. And your skin and lips...", he stared at her lips, biting his for a moment. "Perfect."

Evan gulped. >>Wheeeee!<<
"Eh, yes I eh think yes I am.", he was baffled. She'd been so close. But not close enough. He wanted her even closer. As close as possible...
"I know where to find an ice rink in New York, so if you want we can go there but only if you want of course."

Rachel smiled softly, stroking over his cheek.
"You're really cute when you're blushing like that", she chuckled. She softly pushed him down on the bonnet and cuddled on his chest, breathing in his wonderful scent that already felt so familiar.
"Then let me tell you how I feel about you...", she whispered, looking down into his eyes and softly stroking over his chest.
"You don't do it often, but when you smile, it's the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. And your smirk, geez! You could drive anyone insane with that! Your eyes...i finally understand why my brother called you a wolf in his vision. You have the eyes of a wolf. Wild, and cautious, the eyes of a fighter...but at the same time so full of care and love for the ones close to you. You'd protect them with your life.
Your whole damn face, I mean...do you even know how beautiful you are?"
She laughed softly and ran her nosetip down his neck. "You know, I'm kinda scared I'll give you a heartattack if I kiss you again", she chuckled. "But at the same I could kiss you all night. Your fault. You're mindblowing me! I can't deal with so much love!", she giggled.

Mina laughed silently, poking his cheek with her nosetip. "You're cute when you're nervous", she chuckled. "I can hear your heart racing. And yes, I'd love to go to that ice rink with you."

Jim smiled happily and just decided to let his guard down for a moment. Wrapping his arms around Rachel, he closed his eyes as he inhaled her wonderful scent. His fingers stroking over her back, he sighed happily.
"You have no idea how much that just meant to me.", he mumbled, a peaceful expression on his face. Running his fingers through her hair, he kissed her forehead.
"Y'know what...? You were my first kiss.", he admitted, blushing to a deep red again.

Evan quickly put some fries in his mouth so he wouldn't have to answer immediately. Well okay actually so he could calm down a bit.
"I'm not cute.", he protested, smirking akwardly. "And it's great you'd like to come! I mean... cool."

"Hey my cute Tomato, you can stop blushing now", Rachel chuckled softly. Her fingers softly ran through his unbelievably soft hair, down his neck, his side,and finally softly stroked over his belly.
"Hey, You know what? The first fire came from a Phoenix who gave it to the humans as a gift. It's a part of us, a part of our soul. So even when hundreds of miles might separate us soon...you just gotta start a little fire and a part of me will be there. And who knows...maybe my connection to the fire might be strong enough to hear and answer you. I won't be as far away as it seems. I'll be there, okay?"

Laughing, Mina bit off a piece of a frie that was sticking out of Evan's mouth and poked his side.
"You...are A horrible actor, do you know that?", she chuckled. "Y'know, you gotta be cool to play something cool. And i dare to maintain I'm cooler than you right now."

Last edited:
Jim closed his eyes again as Rachel touched him with her soft fingers.
"How can you be here when you're not there?", he asked, sighing sadly. "I just don't want you to leave. Y'know I never had someone who... who looked at me like this, who didn't want me to play the invincible and unbreakable Texan..." Turning to Rachel, he smiled softly again.
"And you... you don't think this is weird? I mean... I'm 4 years older than you and you got much more experience and everything."

Evan laughed. "Hah! That's not true.", he winked, running his hand through his hair once. "It's just hard to play cool around such a beautiful woman."

"I don't want to leave either, Honey...", Rachel sighed sadly, stroking through his hair. "But if I don't, hundreds of innocent shifters like me will die. Good people, Children... the people who are chasing us make no difference. They at first only wanted to learn about us, But when they found out they could take our abilities to gain power and might... they started locking us in horrible labs, using us as lab rats and treating us like slaves. I have to save them. I've been blessed with such a powerful shift and abilities...i can't just let them down..."
She softly kissed him once more, longer than before, and pulled an old Polaroid camera out of her bag.
"We'll make photos! That's better than nothing. And why should I think this is weird? You're old and inexperienced and I love you. Easy as that."

"Awww you're horrible! ", Mina chuckled, softly ruffling his hair. "Hah, You know what? I actually don't even remember how I look. I mean, my reflection in a few shattered window, okay, But that's about it. It sucks, having no memories."

Jim sighed. "I know exactly what you mean...you feel like you need to protect then." He ran his hand through her hair, smiling softly. "Ok, let's take some pictures.", he chuckled. "I'm just not really photgenic.", winking he kissed her cheek.
What were all those feelings he felt? His stomach was... upside down? But in a good way. Was that even possible?

"Let me show you how you look.", Evan took out his phone and opened the camera. Wrapping his arm around her shoulder, he smiled softly as he took the picture. His smile had turned into a grin as he showed it to Mina. "Look how beautiful you are."

Rachel grinned softly as she took two pictures, one for Jim, one for herself. Before she gave one picture to him, she got a pen out of her pocket and wrote
'You're my favorite part of me. Love, Rey' on the backside.
"Hey, one day we'll look at these again, together. And who knows, maybe we've been together for a long time already then. Maybe we'll even have a future, who knows. Wonder what will be in six years..."

Mina blushed as Evan called her beautiful and zoomed in, so only Evan was seen on the picture. "Nah but that weirdo there... he indeed is quite handsome. Almost as much as you."
Blushing even more, she stuffed the rest of her food in her mouth.

Jim stared at the picture, his eyes sparkling softly. Maybe he now had something to hang on to... to survive for.
"Who knows.", he replied, winking as he grabbed Rachel's picture and pen. Writing 'The wolf will howl for you until phoenix and wolf are reunited under the same moon - Jim' on it, he smirked and gave it back to Rachel. "Gettin' a little poetric here."

Evan smiled softly, taking his phone back and saving the picture as his screen saver. "So, now everyone can see that beautiful woman when I show them my phone.", he winked, quickly stealing a fry from Mina and stuffing it in his mouth. "Mhm these are delicious."

Rachel chuckled softly and leaned against his side while softly running her fingers over the photo.
"My my my, there's a poet hidden in my..."
She was just about to say 'boyfriend' when she shut up.
Was Jim even feeling the same way?
Would he want her as a girlfriend?
After all she wasn't full age, while he was. Theoretically illegal.
She looked up at him with big eyes for a while. "...my eh...?"

Mina smirked softly, took out her phone and made a selfie of her kissing Evan's cheek. Saving it as her wallpaper, she winked at him.
"Now i don't have to describe my favorite person every time someone asks me. I can just show them my phone."

Jim turned to her and bit his lip.
"I eh... I mean, technically it's illegal 'cuz you're not full age yet but I am and eh..."
Yes, he was nervous.
Blood nervous.
He didn't really know what it was, since they actually didn't really know eachother. From middle- & high school, but that was already 2 years ago.
Yet it felt as if they had been best friends ever since.
He didn't feel threatened when she was around.
"Boyfriend?", he suggested, speaking as silently as possible. "If you want...?"
Wow.
His first kiss.
And now... his first girlfriend?
Why did it feel as if he never wanted this to end?

Evan immediately blushed to a deep red and took a big bite of his burger.
>>Oh my god. She just... wheeeee that was awesome! Okay it was just a kiss on my cheek but yes yes yes. Okay now I gotta calm down. This is weird. Very weird. Hehe but I like it.<<

Rachel made a weird squealing sound, blushed, and quickly cleared her throat.
She softly kissed him, for a long time this time, and slid on his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck.
"I'm dancing on the brink of illegality every second of the day anyway", she whispered to his ear.
Sighing happily, she leaned her head on his shoulder and kissed his neck.
"I love you", she mumbled softly.

Mina laughed silently as she saw Evan blushing to a deep red.
"Overload, cute guy?", she chuckled, and stroked over his hand with her index finger.
"Hah, wonder what would happen if I'd really kiss You! Exploding head?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back