• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

FearItself

There is nothing to fear
"Sometimes to hunt a monster...you have to become a monster."

The name is Agent Stein, and let me start by saying yes...monsters are real. Ghouls, goblins, Vampires, Werewolves, Dragons, ogres you name it odds are its out there somewhere. Its always been that way, monster hunting families, Witches and warlocks, and even the bloody vatican have spent centuries keeping the monster world seperate from the world of man. However all that work was almost undone less than a century ago. The Nazi's of world war 2 turned out were very much into the occult, and part of their studies involved the Realms of hell. Some think they wanted to make demonic supersoldiers, others think the crazy bastards just wanted to end the world either way they werent successful, the Nazi sorcerers were taken out one by one, and hitler was glamoured into blowong his brains out. The world sighed a collective breath of relief, only because they didnt know how much damage the Nazi's had actually done.

Their projects weakened the barrier between dimensions which have had severe negative effects since then. Monsters grow in both population and personal power, Humans are even becoming monsters more frequently, but worst of all demons have begun to be able to enter our realm with little to no resistance. Due to this shortly aftsr the war the united nations was formed under the guise of preventing another such war and indeed that was one of their goals. Yet it wasnt the only, or even their primary objective. The main goal was to pool the resources of the worlds most powerful nations in an effort to create an army that could protect humanity from the things that go bump in the night. We are that army, The Saints of Man, and it is our job to face the monsters and horrors that have plagued our nightmares for millenia. Can you make the cut, or will you perish in the Chaotic Monster Mash?

(Hey guys ive been craving a secret agents and monsters so here comes my take on such things. Rpers are welcome to play monsters or agents or even researchers. That said not all monsters are playable, namely Archdemons & angels. I have a plot in mind for them and as such you cannot play as them. Not all monsters are evil nor are all in need of hunting. However you will possess the weaknesses and conditions of those monsters such as a werewolf and their weakness to silver. There are a few monsters that work within the Saints of men as an elite unit called to deal with the highest of threats or to extract fellow agents from risky situations. This squad is lead by Frankenstein who is rather strange in this world, You claim roles to be a part of this squad here, there are only 5 roles availible for the elite squad but infinite roles for all else. Fair warning for those who want to make monster characters...if you make an evil monster odds are you will be hunted later in the story. However that said you can totally make as many characters as you can handle so if you dont like your characters dying then please dont make bad monsters. Furthermore agents are badass sure but they are still human and will more likely than not have to rely on wit rather than power and skills. You can train all you want, but if a vampire can dodge automatic gunfire your probably gonna need to find another way to get them. I will not be seeking to kill your characters...but this will be a semi realistic world, ill allow certain things that wouldnt normally he possible, like a human managing to clear a 20ft gap with a running start, however running headlong into a coven of vampires or not using strategy against obviously superior creatures will likely not end well, dont think being a PC gives you plot armor...no one has that. Hope this tickles your fancy if you have any questions let me know below and i hope you all enjoy :) )​

Last edited:
Thr agency symbol
khorne_by_eateroftehbabies-d3d18i4.jpg
This can be found tattooed on agents the world over and is in fact part of how we can be identified as agents. Fakes wont work as magnetic ink is used to prevent knock-offs.​

Last edited:
This universes Frankenstein
frankenstein_vs_dinos_by_alexhorley_d57qvle-fullview.jpg
One of the most famous monsters in all of history, Frank's tale has inspired many movies and books, most of which he is amuzed by but all of which is usually total bullcrap. There never was a bride of frankenstein and he never killed his "father" the mob did that, and as they burned down the barn he hid in (no it wasnt a windmill) he fled out the back into the woods. From there he wandered the world for nearly a century before finding a Tibetan monastery which would be his home until the Nazi party Came to the monastery he allowed himself to be captured in order to save the monks. After aquiring him the Nazi's used his mysterious force as the catalyst for their experiments. Eventually the Nazi's were defeated and frank became the first monster captured by the U.N. it has been seventy years since then and now due to good behaviour and a unique set of abilities Frank leads the elite hunters unit.​

Last edited:
Monster danger categories

Lv.1- these are the lowest level of monsters, ones that can be defeated by normal untrained humans if they are lucky and bold enough. These include Zombies, Goblins, and chupacabra's.

Lv.2- these monsters are dangerous beasts capable of killing well trained soldiers if they arent careful. These include creatures such as fledgeling werewolves, ogre's, Sasquatches, and possessed animals.

Lv.3- these creatures are dangerous beings capable of slaying entire squadrons of soldiers. Golems, Vampires, Alpha werewolves, & Wendigos.

Lv 4- these monsters are ijcredibly powerful and pose threats to entire towns cities and regions. Armies are required to deal with these and tgey are often covered up as natural disasters. These include Giants, Dragons, Krackens, and of course Dracula.

Lv 5- these are the most dangerous creatures our world has to offer. There is no guarantee of victory here, the organization is not sure it could handle such creatures. This category includes Gods, Titans, and other threats to the whole of humanity. So far the only one of these the organization has encountered was the Olympian god Ares in 1984. He nearly wiped out the entire organization before being killed by the elite squadron. It cost them half their members and at least 3 hours.

Announcements

Edits have been made.

1. Demons of Danger level 3 and below are playable

2. Evil monster characters now have a far higher survival rate as capture is the prime directive of agents

3. Normal human agents are now beefed up and have a higher survival rate thanks to mages on teams.

4. Mages are playable.​

The Saints of Man
(Name pending)
The organization built immediately after the second world war, the United nations was the cover for this organization. The Saints hunt and slay monsters, particularly those affiliated or associated with the Nazi's or those who pose a threat to the lives of humans. They also invstigate and research paranornal activity of almost any kind. They are allied with the Mage families of the ancient world, and the vatacans Exorcist corps and receive material and personnel aide from both organizations. Their funds are seemingly limitless and their reach is almost global. They are divided into a simple color coordinated ranking system.
Blue- Recruits still in training (Non playable)

Green- as the name implies they are the freshest agents in the organization fresh out of the 5 year training program. These guys are overglorified interns. They get coffee, handle supplies, and drive cars. Luckily this period usually only lasts a year or two.

Yellow- the next stage of agents, this is where the highest amount of fatalities occur as it is when agents first gain the right to work in the field though only on missions 1-2

Orange- Agents who display exceptional skill and efficiency are elevated to this rank from yellow, they also default to this rank if they survive for 5 years as the previous rank. They gain clearance to undergo rank 3 missions

Red- the most effective agents and skilled mages make it to this rank allowing them to access level 4 missions and throwing them in the most dangerous scenarios imaginable. They are also on the list of agents to be called in the event of a level 5 threat.

Purple- Usually the top teir, these agents number less than one hundred people and are the special cases amongst the organization. Mages of special power or skill, Agents who display. Near superhuman levels of effectiveness and years upon years of experience. They are the agents who accompany franks monster squad into combat.

Black- not so much a rank as a designation this is the elite squad of monsters and mages lead by Frankenstein. This squad is legendary having slain dragons, and crushed large covens of vampires, they have survived a run in with Dracula himself, and were directly responsible for the defeat of Ares. Only six members are in this squad including Frank.​

interested

Also FearItself FearItself , I would post this up in fantasy, as this seems to be a mostly fantasy story that takes place in a modern setting, rather than a modern setting with mild fantasy elements.

interested

Also FearItself FearItself , I would post this up in fantasy, as this seems to be a mostly fantasy story that takes place in a modern setting, rather than a modern setting with mild fantasy elements.
Hmm. I will consider it but the idea was for it to be a modern and Realistic take on the mystical world. As in physics applies and its a real world setting and not a anime or cartoon.

Hmm. I will consider it but the idea was for it to be a modern and Realistic take on the mystical world. As in physics applies and its a real world setting and not a anime or cartoon.
Fantasy doesn't mean that it has to have gigantic explosions. It's just a more popular thread that would have more people who like this stuff.

Ooooo looks pretty. Explaination please :)
its an old character form a rp with a "similar" premise well somewhat similar, meet the smith a suit of armor that bellows smoke from its joints and cracks, its an expert in tunes and enchantment as well as forging hence its name the smith no one knows if its simply a sentient suit of armor or not, it tries to help people in its own twisted ways by "improving them" with magical prosthetics and the like... of course... they tend to... well damage people (eventually become brain dead). iv got some diffrent twist i wana run with this time around

thinking of preahps taking the "fixing people" to a larger level perhaps a small "cult" of people that very much believe in the smiths views and he teachs them his ways so they start "improving" others involuntarily... i can explain more later but that's a brief summery

its an old character form a rp with a "similar" premise well somewhat similar, meet the smith a suit of armor that bellows smoke from its joints and cracks, its an expert in tunes and enchantment as well as forging hence its name the smith no one knows if its simply a sentient suit of armor or not, it tries to help people in its own twisted ways by "improving them" with magical prosthetics and the like... of course... they tend to... well damage people (eventually become brain dead). iv got some diffrent twist i wana run with this time around

thinking of preahps taking the "fixing people" to a larger level perhaps a small "cult" of people that very much believe in the smiths views and he teachs them his ways so they start "improving" others involuntarily... i can explain more later but that's a brief summery
That sounds like a perfect target for the agents. Wonderful i look forward to seeing it in action.

so yeah this should be a lot of fun playing the bad guy for a while... kinda wanna see if people can well see there are a few different sides to every story/villain

Hmm I may be interested in being in the elite...
How many characters can we have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back