• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
I feel I may need to clarify something. The Isle of Skye is not in the sky or air affiliated in anyway, its actual a real life location in Scotland with the legend attached and gets the name due to in Gaelic it would be more "The Winged Isle" due to the shape formed by its two peninsulas.

It is actually more closely linked to the Celtic afterlife, though when you look into it they actually have some things in common with the Norse version, including a goddess who had a valkyrie of sorts. The Isle was said to be very hard to get to/find in the time of the Ulster Cycle and on the border of the Land of Shadow (Think Celtic Purgatory/Hell depending on your view with Ghosts/Demons).
So Scathach in my version went from a warrior to a Celtic Valkyrie to "Queen"/Warden of that place under The Morrigan (A Celtic deity) to a Teacher and eventually it got split off into its own plane entirely as the connection was severed with her there. I then hinted at how she would come back but wasn't sure if it was ok so didn't name the person, but the Dracula character made me think of Castlevania so him trying to get power from the plane, but getting her instead and using her to Instruct his Armies seemed to fit, but she was trying to find a chance to get away during that time and played the long game eventually leading to her true freedom when he first died.

I am fine with being unable to get back to the land of shadow for now and can add/alter details as needed, I was unsure however what to classify Scathach as at this point due to 3 possibility's being applicable. I was also somewhat tired while writing parts some hopefully it does make sense. I tried to mix in some of the World of Darkness version, Fate/Grand actually Mythology as well as this story to get something that could work. I may need to add/expand details though but this is a initial first draft so I can expect a lot of changes may be needed which im happy to do.

I feel I may need to clarify something. The Isle of Skye is not in the sky or air affiliated in anyway, its actual a real life location in Scotland with the legend attached and gets the name due to in Gaelic it would be more "The Winged Isle" due to the shape formed by its two peninsulas.

It is actually more closely linked to the Celtic afterlife, though when you look into it they actually have some things in common with the Norse version, including a goddess who had a valkyrie of sorts. The Isle was said to be very hard to get to/find in the time of the Ulster Cycle and on the border of the Land of Shadow (Think Celtic Purgatory/Hell depending on your view with Ghosts/Demons).
So Scathach in my version went from a warrior to a Celtic Valkyrie to "Queen"/Warden of that place under The Morrigan (A Celtic deity) to a Teacher and eventually it got split off into its own plane entirely as the connection was severed with her there. I then hinted at how she would come back but wasn't sure if it was ok so didn't name the person, but the Dracula character made me think of Castlevania so him trying to get power from the plane, but getting her instead and using her to Instruct his Armies seemed to fit, but she was trying to find a chance to get away during that time and played the long game eventually leading to her true freedom when he first died.

I am fine with being unable to get back to the land of shadow for now and can add/alter details as needed, I was unsure however what to classify Scathach as at this point due to 3 possibility's being applicable. I was also somewhat tired while writing parts some hopefully it does make sense. I tried to mix in some of the World of Darkness version, Fate/Grand actually Mythology as well as this story to get something that could work. I may need to add/expand details though but this is a initial first draft so I can expect a lot of changes may be needed which im happy to do.
Well that does complicate things slightly as in this storylines cannon all versions of the afterlife are linked together in a secret awesome way. However all of that works, and i dont see much of a problem with it. That said your character would have some insite to dracula and his plans that you will need to discuss with me via DM if you dont mind. Also she does have the potential to have a history with Frank as he wouldve been around the same time she was.

That was something I was tempted to link to but didn't want to assume and insert too much. A easy way to simplify the Celtic Afterlife would perhaps be having it be a regional thing or a belief based thing if that works? or maybe just whichever grabs them first.

1.You believe in Odin/Norse? you go to Valhalla!, You believe in The Morrigan/Celtic Diety? yo go to Otherworld! You believe in Zeus/Greek? Elysian Fields!.
2. Well you died Belfast, so guess your going to the Otherworld.
3. Well the Valkyrie got to you first so get read to meet Odin.

Here ya go guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back