• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Monarchy Reboot

AlmighTy

Two Thousand Club
((Thanks Again for the interest you all have shown in this roleplay))

King William of France
2f6803bc4ccbdbed966124b3ea3d07ae.jpg

The night before the dinner

King William does his nightly laps around the palace ensuring every guard is in place they had visitors arriving in the evening and anyone could be a threat. Standing in the window his hand is grasped by a familiar face she leads him to his study where ends his night. Before sunrise, he enters his chamber with a bath already prepped his servants knew what to do and how to be discreet. He bathed and then entered his bed "This is the last time" he said as he drifted to sleep.

The morning of the dinner

The king woke up and summoned his songbird, he wanted to hear some music as he got ready. "I'll fetch her from your son's chamber," the servant said the king made a distasteful face. The woman he called songbird entered the chambers and stood in the corner singing the same song over and over until the king requested she stopped. "Clarissa, do you wish to continue living higher than the other servants?" She responded with "My king my only desire is to serve you," the king sat down as a servant put his jewelry around his next. "You desire to serve my son as well," he said with a certain tone as he dismissed the servants."I serve whichever royal may need me at any hour, my king, he wished to be sung to sleep and I did my duty" The king dismissed her with a hand gesture "I will ask him at dinner and remember I own you" He summoned one of the servants and had them leave a new necklace in his wife's chamber. He felt bad but some old habits die hard, going forward he would be true.

The dinner

After many duties, the king had nobles and servants line up from the palace door to the dining room when the betrothed arrived they would be greeted with a round of applause and flowers thrown. The king waited on the throne for his wife, "Someone place a trail of petals for the queen. The king accepted a drink from the songbird as a token of her apology.

Servant Clarissa Wulfhild (Songbird)
aJR7S3cmRjc-ec6-nfUFmUdtqaWy1J3JzZotQdB55lyuA17rZaweVbhmeB-L69V2XV90jZ5XmX3V4DanxevyDxu8hFYBrQW6_UiDLL1GYDT5VNtsyUBqGteWuxkptKYgW-GV2SnkO0d37TTckAFvbZZCY9vzygPuRyPKvs_t9nJlON9Sws-lewKOzw

The day before dinner

"Clarissa wake up! ," Clarissa woke up to the sound of her mother yelling at her like she did every day. " Clarissa stood in silence as her mom groomed her "You've won the favor of both the prince and the king." Clarissa took a deep breath "I don't like it... The betrayal or men.. and the prince doesn't like me in that way" Clarissa's mother brushed her hair harder "What you'd prefer a princess, that's not an option. Now stand so I can lace your corset." Clarissa shook her head "I'll do it myself."

The night before dinner

Clarissa's mother sent her and told her she can't come home unless she bedded the king, this wasn't the first time but this was the only time she did it because she needed something. She saw the king and grasped his hand "Can I sing to you in your study?" she said as she walked him to the study she did her duty and was rewarded she took one of the king's necklaces with his blessing of course and traded it for medicine she needed. She went to the palace physician's chambers and told the physician "I am pregnant with the prince's child the king sent me for a solution," the physician explained that too much of the medicine could kill her and that she should take the medicine in moderation over a week. Clarissa went home and made her mom a nice drink to help her rest and assured her the duty had been done. Her mom requested a song she sang to her as she watched her fall into a sleep that she would never wake up from, Clarissa was tired of being a pawn. She took the remaining medicine headed back to the palace and entered the prince's chamber.

"My lord," she said as she sat on his bed "Can sleep here tonight?"
The prince smiled "Trouble at home?"
"I went home and my mother was cold as stone," she said faking a cry
The prince stood allowing her to take the bed "I'll take the chair, I'm sorry for your loss"

The morning of the dinner

Clarissa once again was woken up, she was summoned by the king. He questioned her affairs with his son and Clarissa did what did best making the king feel superior. Then his words rang through her ears as she exited the chambers “I own you.” Clarissa began to feel nauseous she was tired of living for other people and wanted to live for herself. As she walked down the hall a servant handed her the medicine and a dress “From the prince,” at that moment Clarissa knew what she had to do.

The night of the dinner

Clarissa practiced singing when the prince entered “How are you he asked?” Clarissa fell to her knees “I've just lost my mother and I’m with child... I can't entertain the palace if I'm with child” Clarissa started to cry when she looked up the prince held out his handkerchief “I won't allow my father to fire you,” the prince said helping her up. Clarissa wrapped her arms around him “I killed my mother,” Surprisingly the prince held her close and said, “Don’t tell anyone else that, I know how horrid she could be.” Clarissa looked him in his eyes “If anything happens to me promise me... You’ll raise my child as your bastard I want him... My son to have a better life.” It won't come to that prince replied “Promise me,” she said with tears in her eyes “I promise...” he said as he exited the room.

Clarissa straightened her face as he left and entered the kitchen grabbing the king's cup “I’ve been asked to bring it to his majesty,” the other servants let her leave. They saw her sitting amongst royals many times it seemed normal.

Clarissa entered the throne room and handed the king the cup and whispered an apology.

Prince Leon of France
7b073653cc28e6c87582c5951f7606b7.jpg

Prince Leon laid in his chambers reading a book about Russia when he heard his door open. It was Clarissa who told him her mother died, he wasn’t good at comforting people in moments of sadness so he just offered her his bed and said comforting words.

The morning before the dinner

Prince Leon stood up and stretched his bones cracking one by one from the uncomfortable sleeping situation “Old man,” one of them said jokingly. “Old me?” Leon responded “Am I aging like Sir Peyre Granger,” he said laughing as they dressed him. “I will be eating breakfast in my chambers, also deliver those items to Lady Clarissa.” Leon looked at the medicine she left and knew exactly what it was.

The dinner

Prince Leon walked the hall when he heard a familiar voice “Little songbird,” he whispered as he walked into the room she was singing in. Clarissa poured her heart out to him and Leon couldn’t stand to see his friend sad, he made the ultimate promise the child she was carrying would be declared his bastard if needed.

Prince Leon left out the room and headed towards the throne room when he caught a servant with some flowers. The servant bowed and Leon motioned for her to stand up “I just want a flower for Princess Irina,” he took the reddest rose and stood in the throne room.

The scene: There's a line of servants holding flowers and a line of nobles ready to clap from the palace door to the throne room where the dinner will be held awaiting the arrival of the Princess from Russia and the Prince from the United Kingdom. A trail of rose petals flowed from the throne entrance to the queen's chair, the King sits on his throne wearing royal blue and a gold cloak, His son the prince stands to the left of him the same color holding a red rose awaiting his betrothed and his sisters. The songbird stands on a podium waiting to sing.

Links
CS: Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Reboot CS
OCC: Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Reboot OCC
Lore: Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Palace/Lore
Interest: Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Reboot [Open]
Roleplay: Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Reboot

Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy (1x1's)

Hey ! This is our official private but not private thread lol for (1x1) conversations that would flood the thread or don't have relevance to the whole group.

Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Short Stories

This is the thread for all short stories based on characters in the Monarchy Role play

Last edited:
The dinner
Standing with the king's family and kind of zoning out, Peyre thought that William was le con, a prick. He walked amongst the royal family because it was his job, and he occasionally noticed the way William treated people, but he hid it. He now heard a servant singing, and he wondered why people had to be entertained by someone singing. He didn't remember the servant's name, which sucked.
Peyre also happened to not really want to receive Russia, because he has just been in an entire war with said country, but he immediately pushed that thought from his mind, because so many people had died. Political marriages made no sense to Peyre, ever. He felt bad for Leon as well, given the fact that he was forced to marry a random stranger.

The afternoon before the dinner
Peyre was going to practice when there was an announcement for a dinner. He'd heard about this dinner many times, but he'd been thinking about other things, so hadn't paid much attention. Now the dinner was looming towards him, and he couldn't practice in his usual spot, close to one of the royal family so that he could protect them at a moment's notice. .
Peyre had to clean out his armor, which had begun to smell of sweat, and then put on new undergarments. He even smoothed out his wild, greying hair. The hours had begun to tick away while he went into ceremony mode, and before he knew it, it was time for people to start arriving.

Last edited:
The afternoon and night before the dinner
She had to be strong, she was the one who suggested this marriage in the first place. The journey to France was a bit of a long one, but it didn't mind the princess, it was far easier than her time spent on the battlefield. She told her mother to spare no mind about preparing a carriage for her, just to bring a cart to carry her luggage in. The princess of Russia made the decision to ride alone, she didn't want to inconvenience any of the palace staff or knights since there is still a war ongoing since the marriage isn't finalized. She set out on her own black mare and attached to it was a small cart that held about 2 trunks full of necessities.

To be more comfortable for the long journey, Irina was dressed in her simple military uniform. It consisted of white pants and a white coat, it was adorned with some medals and ribbons she earned when she served. None of them were because of her high ranking in her military of her rank of being Princess of Russia, but it was because of her skill and dedication to her country. No one ever really saw her as a girl really, they always treated Irina like a boy, treated her like her brother, so no one can say that she used her charm and feminine features to her advantage because in reality, she didn't know how to use it intentionally.

Luckily, Irina was able to make it to the palace just on schedule. She was able to get some help to bring up one of her trunks and she brought up the other herself, not wanting to inconvenience any staff. As she lifted one of the trunks she remembered what her mother said always pack an outfit for every situation, that was probably why the trunks were so full. If it were up to Irina she'd be wearing her military uniform mot of the time, but due to her mother's insistence she brought a lot more dresses than she felt she needed.

The dinner
1665160922903.png
The dinner finally came, time to meet her betrothed officially for the first time. She quickly found a velvet green dress with golden embroidery. It was simple yet elegant enough for a dinner with the royal family. She put on some powder and took out a tiara that her mother insisted on her wearing. Even though corsets weren't Irina's favorite thing in the world, lacing up it up wasn't all that difficult for her, though she had a servant come in a made sure it was tightly secured. She made her way towards the dining hall, taking deep breaths on the way.

She found it comical that she was feeling nervous now, at a dinner, when she had no fear when riding into battle where she could die. Maybe she felt this way because there were more stakes at play. If this marriage didn't go smoothly, France could become an even bigger threat than it already was. She appeared in front of the doors and braced herself for a dinner of the most important first impressions.

As the doors opened, the light that filled the room spilled out and Irina held her head high as she walked with confidence across the hall. All the nobles in attendance bowed and clapped as she stepped in. Flower petals were thrown into the air and showered Irina as she walked towards the royal of family of France. Once she reached the front, she performed a curtsy and stood up an addressed the royal family.

"I thank you immensely for hosting me and considering my proposal for our two countries to finally be united instead of at odds with each other. I hope this marriage will become prosperous." She said that last part while looking at the Prince. She took note of the flower that was in his hands, it was red, like her eyes. She smiled slightly at the gesture.

915792DC-A7A6-4666-8849-7254098A2EA1.jpeg

Kolton Forrest
the guard

Kol was famished. Starving, even, if he was inclined to feel dramatic. He’d been training with Bruce since dawn, and now the sun was slowly but surely making its way behind the horizon, the crickets chirps promising the proximity of a meal.

The Captain stood before him, sword in one hand and in the other a water flask that Jol’s legal guardian took a hearty swig from before speaking.

“You’re getting good, boy,” the older man said, a grin on his face. “Almost good enough to knock this old man on his ass.”

Returning his smile, Kol held out a hand for the water jug, spilling more of it on his shirt than he actually got in his mouth before handing it back.

“Don’t be silly, old man,” Kol jested, nudging Bruce with a shoulder. “You’re still the captain for a reason.”

Typically, such a compliment from the Captain would be enough to set him skipping and smiling through the rest of the day, but since the days became shorter, and with it the weather colder, it was becoming more and more apparent just how old his guardian was truly getting. It scared him.

As if he could sense this, Bruce sheathed his sword and turned to clap Kol on the back, smiling once more.

“It’s going to be time for me to retire soon, the king said,” the older man began with a sigh. “You know I’ve been preparing you to take my spot for almost four years now. You’re ready.”

Kol simply shook his head, swallowing a ball of air and saliva that had seemed to make itself lodged in his throat. “You’ve got a while yet. And I’m not ready, my training hasn’t been finished and…”

Bruce threw up a hand, silencing him. “Kol. Listen to me,” he implored, grabbing his shoulder. “Just because I’m retiring, it doesn’t mean I won’t be here still.”

“You’re my son.”

Kol was going to be late for dinner, which would come as no surprise, but those three words, whispered by Bruce before the end of their lesson, were reverberating within his head.

You’re my son.

When his parents had died four years ago, he thought he’d never hear those words from anyone, ever again. He didn’t know how much he needed to hear it until today.

Outside the doors to the great hall where the meal was being held, Kol paused for a moment, hand on the heavy oak doors. Then his stomach grumbled unhappily, reminding him of just how hungry he really was.

He was sure his guard’s uniform was a mess, and he was still a bit damp from spilling that water all over himself but…he was hungry. And who really cared, anyways? Maybe the king, but Kol was certain he could sweet talk his way out of almost anything.

Pushing open the doors with a grunt, Kol entered the crowded room, grinning.

“Sorry I’m late, but uhhh…I’m bloody hungry, yeah? I’d love to get some food now, if you’ll excuse me.”

Last edited:
Aline Dubois
Princess

The Day Before The Dinner
Aline had spent the day, running away from her tutor, only to be scolded by her nurse, Arminda. Later she was sent to finish her studies, of course after long hours of studying the war, and different kinds of affects of it Arminda let the little princess enjoy a small cookie which she was able to snatch from the cookie and together they ate in silence. Of course everything felt strange, her elder brother, Leon was soon to be married to the princess of Russia...

She would be alone, more. Everyone left her, didn't they? She hugged her maid, Arminda as she felt soft tears flow down her cheek. Nobody would realize her, she knew that very well. Only Arminda cared, only her. As the night passed the day of the dinner finally approached. The day she would meet the princess of Russia.

That night just after she was tucked into bed, she snuck out. That's when she found her father with Clarissa in the study, at first she thought she was going tosing for him once more. But... it felt different. Aline watched as horror as the mood wasn't the way of servant and king, more like lover to lover. Her lip trembled as she watched her father. She couldn't watch anymore, she quietly walked away from the door, entering her own chambers as she looked at her hands.

What was Clarissa doing with her father? What was going? She couldn't tell Arminda, she wouldn't. As she went into her bed once more she laid on her side, tears slowly coming out once more. She didn't like this, not one bit. She wiped her eyes with her small hands. One day she would be married off, one day. Maybe when the day came a true prince would come. Maybe.

The Day Of The Dinner
Aline woke up, with the sound of maids bustling in her room.
"Princess, please quickly get ready. The princess of Russia will be here for dinner and we would like to prepare you." Arminda curtsied. Aline nodded quietly.

The small princess was taken from the room, hours of deciding what to wear, and brushing and perfecting her hair so she looked like a refined princess she wasn't. Aline winced as her hair was tugged hardly by a maid which was rushing, she looked at herself in the mirror. She looked nothing like herself, she didn't look like a princess anyway. So why bother. Once they finished with her hair they made sure to put a few pieces of jewelry to finish it up.

Arminda looked at Aline with pride, as if Aline herself was her daughter, the princess smiled at her maid and she gave back a serene smile. The thoughts from last night echoed in the girl's mind. Now wasn't the time though. Arminda looked at Aline sternly as her serenity slowly faded.

"Princess, you must make sure to address Lady Irina, with care, respect and kindness, always address her with your highness as we do not want to upset the lady in anyway, act in your best behavior and hold your tongue, as she will be your family from now on. Understand? This is for the sake for both kingdoms. For your elder brother." Arminda reminded Aline as the blonde girl nodded.

"I know when brother Leon becomes king... I'll just be married off to make connections." she whispered looking at her polished shoes.

Arminda put her hands gently on the shoulder's of the princess, "And when that happens, I will follow you anywhere, even to the depths of the earth." she murmured.

Aline smiled, hugging her maid in response.

The time when princess Irina arrived soon came, the doors were open the princess of Russia came in, and she was more beautiful than anyone Aline had ever seen and for a moment the child's mouth gaped open but she quickly closed it. She stood next to her sister and brother while he held a flower matching princess Irina's beautiful ruby eyes.

She glanced at her father... Was he still the same father. She hated herself for thinking this, but did anyone else know? Or did she make a mistake but she only focused on princess Irina and her brother.

Princess Willow Dubois of France
1664826956730.png
Interactions: N/A
The Night Before:
Willow's day was filled with her pacing the hallways and gardens of the palace, trying to calm her nerves. She tried everything to keep her from thinking about what the next day would hold. After what seemed like an eternity, it was finally night. Willow did her nightly routine, with the help of her lovely maids. One of her maids, Ann, prepared a bath, while another, whose name was Lilith, picked up her books that were sprawled out across her bed and floor. "My Lady, your bath is ready" Anne said as she poked her head out of Willow's bathing chambers.
"Thank you, Ann I'll be there momentarily." She said and finished taking her hair out of the style it was in for the day.
After her bath she got dressed and sat in her bed reading a random book that she got off of her shelf. She tried to fall asleep a little while later but couldn't get comfortable no matter what she did. Finally she decided to go for a walk around the palace. Once she made her way back to her room she finally felt tired enough to fall asleep, and that's exactly what happened, as soon as her head hit the pillow, she fell asleep, the last thought that crossed her mind was, Did I hear someone crying as I passed Leon's room?

The Dinner:
Willow was more nervous than yesterday, and she couldn't shake the odd feeling that she had when she woke up. Did she hear someone crying when she passed Leon's room? It couldnt have been her brother because it sounded more feminine. Before she knew it it was time to get ready for the dinner. Willows maids got her dressed and let her hair flow freely over her shoulders in subtle waves. Her dress was a deep red with gold accents. Once she was ready she made her way the the dinner hall, the click-clack of her heels echoing off the walls. She walked into the dinner hall with her head held high and her shoulders squared. Willow confidently walked so she was standing by her brother. After a moment her nerves started to act up and she started to fidget with her fingers, a habit she has had since she was little.

1665519610499.png/SPOILER]

Last edited:
Prince Leon of France

Prince Leons hands began to sweat when it was announced that Irina princess of Russia had entered the room. He saw portraits of her, but they didn't do justice for the beauty he saw in front him. She strolled in confidently and gracefully; she already embodied the essence of a queen. This was something his father mentioned to him because of the war with Russia the Russian royals had to grow up at a faster rate. Leon and his siblings had been sheltered he felt intimidated. Leon nervously smiled and thought to himself "I'll have to show her I'm worthy." Leon, lost in his thoughts, came back to reality, he looked to his father who gave him the sign that it was okay to speak before him.

Leon walked over to the princess and took a knee. This was the first time since "The Great King" that a prince kneeled before a princess. "No, your highness thank you for coming to a conclusion that saved millions of our people. Russia and France are in debt to you, I pray we have a long marriage and reign." Leon stands and hands her the rose. "I thought it's beauty would be equivalent sadly I was mistaken , yours is superior." he whispered to her before going to stand next to Willow gently squeezing her hand, he was terrified.

Clarissa (songbird)

Clarissa watched Leon as Irina walked, his face filled with awe. She began to feel jealous; Leon was hers the thought of losing him to a Russian barbarian made her stomach turn. "I hope we have a long marriage" she said in a mocking tone in her head. Leon was hers, he promised her when they were young that he’d never love another like he loved her.

Flashback: Clarissa sat in the garden waiting on the prince. She paced back in forth today was the day she told him the truth. She watched as Leon ran to her with the biggest smile. “My lady”, he said as he bowed to her. “Leon, you’re not supposed to bow to servants!” She said in a scolding tone as she hit him “You’re only 10, technically you’re not a servant .. you’re a lady.” The prince said looking down “Clarissa.. I think you’re the most beautiful person in the world and I love…” Clarissa cuts him off “I love Willow, Leon I don’t like boys.” Leon’s big blue eyes began to get watery “Well then I’ll remember this feeling and never love anyone like I’ve loved you.” A shooting star flew over their heads they both looked in awe Leon looked at Clarissa “Is it because she can write with both hands?” Clarissa laughed and punched him”

The king snapped and she began singing

"

Stars flashing by
It's a beautiful state were in
But how can we love in isolation
Think how happy we can be
If we just, try
We're nothing like we seem
Passionate words are never spoken
You don't know how I bleed
When I leave your side
In your eyes
Love's alive
You've come untied
‘Cause we're flashing by
Like Stars in the sky

Stars in the sky..."

Clarissa began to drop tears as she sang and the crowd looked to her and in this moment, she felt empty as she looked at Leon still staring at Irina.

King William of France

The King watched as Irina walked in, he thought she was not a good fit for his only son however, he entertained the "Little" proposal to calm the battlefield. He didn't like the idea of a woman being able to make decisions pollical. Also, he heard a rumor that she wore trousers how barbaric. He smiled as he listened to her thank him, he thought to himself "Yes, barbaric child thank the people who didn't slaughter your kingdom."

His smile faded when he saw his son take a knee. He swiftly held his cup up to his mouth stop himself from calling his son an idiot, France bows to no one. He gulped down everything ounce that was in the cup and sarcastically said " Princess Irina, I see your unique charm has the prince smitten." He motioned his hands for the two to go to their separate sides and snapped for the songbird to sing. King William was actually very upset his son would hear about this later.

1E6E5A4C-C78E-45D2-9CD7-FE1CAA67FFFF.jpeg

Jackson Dupoint
the prince of England

Before Dinner:

“Your highness?” a voice sounded from the front of the carriage. “Jackson.”

When Jack didn’t deign to respond, his forehead resting against the wall in front of him, Jared, his Right Hand and assistant during his stay in France turned in his seat.

“Jack,” he said again, sounding more exasperated this time. “Look out the window, we’re almost there.”
Sure enough, when Jack moved his green eyed gaze from the floor of the royal carriage to the scenery slowly making its way passed them out the window, the city was sprawled before them, glass from window panes glittering in the slowly diminishing sunlight.

After traveling through dense forest and crappy outpost the people called villages, Jack was glad to know his trip was almost at its conclusion. Even if he didn’t want to be here in the first place.
What the fuck were his parents thinking, shipping him off like some prized dog to be bred? To be shackled in marriage to some princess who he may or may not hate. He hasn’t met her yet, but he’d already come to the conclusion that it would be the former. If only because this marriage would ensure he was not only nailed to his own throne for the rest of his life, he’d now be stuck babysitting someone else’s country as well.

He hated being royal.
“About how much longer?” Jack asked Jared, sighing. The boy was only a year older than him and the two were practically raised together, his father the Hand to the King. His best friend accompanying him was perhaps the only bright side to this trip.
Jared took a minute to consider, tossing the Crown Prince a grin that had gotten them into trouble on multitudinous occasions. Jack swore they would’ve been filleted alive by now if they didn’t carry the statuses they did.
“We’ll reach the palace in about an hour, I assume,” Jared replied, the brunette boy sticking his head out the carriage window and letting out a whoop, before shooting another grin at Jack. “This is going to be the adventure of a lifetime, princeling.”
“We’ll see about that one, asshole.”

Dinner:

Being royal was all about maintaining appearances. Showing up on time to his first dinner in the throne room while in France was the first test he’d face while here. It had given him enough anxiety that he and Jared had been sitting in his common room since noon, deciding what to wear. And what in the hell he’d say once he was there.

“Okay, so,” Jared began, shoving yet another pastry into his mouth, courtesy of the maid that Jack’s friend had flirted with for the treats this morning. “I think you’ll be fine, honestly. I mean can their king really afford to lose this alliance even if you make a complete embarrassment of yourself?”

Jack shot his friend a glare, picking at the one pastry that he hadn’t finished eating that remained on his plate. “Real funny,” he groused, rolling his eyes. “And yes, he can. My parents don’t exactly have another heir running rampant in the castle.”

It was another reason he couldn’t just run away and live among the commoners like he so wished, and a sore spot on the behalf on his parents, despite them never saying anything about it. After several failed attempts at pregnancy and two miscarriages, Jack was all they had.

With a sigh and a shake of his head, Jackson rose from where he’d been seated. “It’s too late anyways, we have to go.”

The long walk through the palace’s winding corridors and down curling staircases gave Jack enough time to contemplate his entry. And enough time for his anxiety to grow even more.

Jared, who was usually loud and rambunctious was also feeling the nerves, it would appear. The boy walked silently besides him, staring at the floor instead of winking at every lady he passed or pranking the servants as they went on their ways. It was enough to rattle Jack a bit.

Upon reaching the throne room, the pair stopped just outside the door, waiting for the guards who stood their to open it and announce his presence before stepping inside and striding to the front of the room where the king sat. Besides him were whom he assumed were the royal family, one of which he’d be marrying.

Coming to a stop before the king, Jackson dropped into a low bow, keeping his eyes pressed to the floor as he spoke. “Your majesty,” he said, his English accent sounding rough and unruly amongst the French nobles. “It’s an honor to be here. My parents, the King and Queen of England send their warmest regards.”

Jack took a minute while waiting for the King to respond to survey the princess, the one he assumed he’d be marrying. She was pretty, he supposed, with fair skin and piercing blue eyes and long blonde hair. Her deep red dress brought out her features nicely.
It didn’t change the fact that he didn’t want to be married.

As Irina walked in, Peyre felt a slight sense of distaste, a slight sense of panic. He didn't know one person, place or thing could cause so many mixed feelings(most of them quite negative), these two are just a few of them. However, you wouldn't know that from looking at Peyre, as he appears overly polite, with an impassive mask. He hoped for Leon's sake that Irina was actually okay.
To Peyre's surprise, England's prince was also there. He didn't know France's current relationship with England, but this kind of surprised him. Then, Peyre realized something awkward. How the heck was he going to eat with a fork and knife? Eh, he'd figure it out. He also wondered if he could read after dinner.
Peyre also noted Willow's arrival. All the royals were present and accounted for.

Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
When the Prince came face to face with her, it was the first time she saw him up close, aside from all the portraits of him she saw. But she wouldn't be able to get a good look at him right away because what the Prince did next shocked her. He took a knee, which hasn't happened in a long time, since the Great King as her father told her when they studied French history together. She stood frozen for a moment, not expecting this, and judging by the look of the king and other nobles in the room, no one was expecting this.

But Irina calmed herself and felt incredibly touched by the gesture, not everyday a Prince, and a future king, would bow to a princess, a female. As he stood up, a touched expression could be seen on her face, which is rare for the Princess of Russia, she wasn't one for showing complex emotions much.

Hearing the Prince whisper a compliment to her, a small smile appear on her face. Before he was able to walk back to his place beside his sister, Irina grabbed his hand and whispered back to him. "You didn't have to take a knee, Leon. But... thank you for it." She used his name and dropped his title, like how she'd say his name if they were finally married and behind closed doors. She let go of his hand and performed a deep curtsy one last time in front of the royal family, but it was more directed toward Prince Leon.

And with that she left the front and went to where she was told to stay until the dinner started.

King William of France

King William smiled at Prince Jackson “An honor to have you, I hope you and Princess Willow have an everlasting wedding.” The king needed and alliance with the United Kingdom he planned in advance to welcome Jackson with open arms and gave Leon who felt like no one was good enough for Willow a firm lecture on treating him as an equal.

The king stood and motioned for everyone to continue standing. “I want to say a few works, “ the king begins to laugh “I’m kidding let the dinner begin.” The king sits and begin to cough and grabs his chest. Simultaneously, the servants place the food on the tables, the hired dancers begin to prance around the royals placing flowers in their hair. The king took Leon’s advice and had a flower pin given to Aline. The song bird sings an upbeat song and wine is handed out.

The king still coughing watches as his family looks cheerful and attempts to clear his throat and joins them but he still has a dry throat and a slight chest pain.

During Dinner
Peyre notices the king coughing by the movement of his body, and he does what he usually does when the king is ill of cough: he ignores it. The king probably isn't dying anytime soon, so why would he care?
Peyre, at the lord's table, finally finds a solution. He shakes off his gauntlets and let them both clatter across the floor. He tries to roll up his 'sleeves' next and then picks up his knife, and uses his missing hand to hold the food in place while he cuts it. A few nobles are looking at him like it's entertaining, until Peyre notices and just stares at them, unblinking. They then proceed to try to act like they weren't staring at him.
When the wine gets passed around, Peyre declines. He's always declined the wine, and as usual, the person serving the wine looks at him strangely, but moves on.
People are now talking, and most of them are political(which Peyre has no taste for), or something that bores him, so he zones out, for what must be the 100th time in his life. He knows it's rude, but he doesn't care. He just eats, because he doesn't have anything better to do. He just prays for one thing, and one thing only.
"Oh, God! Please don't let Leon make a hand-related pun. Those are getting quite tiresome. Please, please, please!' Little does Peyre know how much he's jinxing himself.

Queen Alena Of France

portrait preview

The day before the dinner

Alena wakes up from a lonely night again, she looks at her husband's side of the bed "I won't be leaving my chambers today," she says as she gets out of bed to sit at her desk.

Dear husband,

You didn't visit my chamber last evening, I worry that I wasted the best of me on you this is something I could've given to our children. I'm 39 years old and I can only faintly remember a time when we were truly in love. William, I beg of you...

Alena, your wife

"Beth, have this delivered discretely," she said to her servant as she got back in bed
"Leons at the door, should I allow him to enter?"
The Queen shakes her head "No"

"Your highness, I've brought you food to your chamber," Beth says as she touches the queen's hair
"What has William been up to?" Alena says as she sits up
"He's...." Alena interrupts beth mid-sentence "I'd rather not know, you're dismissed"
Beth nods and exits the chamber

Dear Father,

I beg of you please let me come home...

Alena, your only daughter

Before she could finish her letter the palace doctor walks in "Your Highness ...."
"How dare you walk in without my permission," She scolds as she holds her hand up to his face
The doctor closes his eyes and says "The King has fathered another bastard but, I'm afraid this one won't drink the tea."
"Well dispose of her ... " she said turning back to continue her letter
"It's Clarissa ... " the queen turns around "The harlot who broke Leon's heart bedded my husband! How many of my times will she hurt my family... I'll talk to the king about marrying her off to Kolt so they can raise the bastard. No, I'll have her betrothed to the handless guard Peyre Granger."
"Your highness he has a hand," the doctor says trying to be serious
"After the betrothed dinner, I'll tell you what we're going to do leave me."
The doctor exits

The Evening of the dinner

"Your highness the dinner has started, please join them," Alena lays in bed staring at her canopy "Dress me," she says in an uneasy tone.

The queen was lost in thought going back and forth with herself on what she should do about Clarissa. She stood still not saying a word this made all the servants in her chambers uneasy the Queen already missed the welcoming ceremony. "Your highness... You're ready."

Alena placed her crown on her head and walked confidently into the dining hall. No one had seen her for weeks all eyes were on her:

"THE QUEEN," the announcer yelled louder than normal

Everyone stood acknowledging her presence, she motioned for everyone to sit

"Princess Irina of Russia and Prince Jackson of the United Kingdom I hope you had a safe journey and I hope France welcomes you as it welcomed me. I was once a stranger to this land and now it is a home. I hope both of your marriages are full of honesty, and loyalty and long may you reign."

The queen walks over to the table and Leon swiftly pulls out her chair and kisses he cheek
"You look lovely your highness" he whispers in her ear
Alena smiles and motions for Peyre to remove Clarrisa from the room

This contains an image of: Black-gold dress by Azinovic on DeviantArt

The outfit

Aline Dubois
Princess

Aline looked at her mother enter, the truly beautiful queen... Should she tell mother...? Maybe she knew what to do? Heat gathered into the girl's small hands, she fiddled with her fingers looking down at shoes. She quickly followed after sitting with them, Aline quickly realized dancers were beginning to dance, her eyes wide with wonder and joy, soon enough a servant gave her a flower pin, joy fluttered in her heart as she heard it was from her father but she felt it deflate as quick, maybe the king was only with Clarissa for a song? In any case she blue-eyed girl put the pin neatly against her chest, smiling however she looked at her mother.

She would tell her, however... Did she have to greet her soon to be new sister-in-law? Her soon to be new brother-in-law? She paused, thinking. She looked around for Arminda and instantly felt heat rise up to her cheeks and neck however she stood up, she walked carefully and at the least she made it seem a bit graceful in her walk, she first gave a big curtsy her wavy hair falling, her mother would scold her, Arminda would too. She knew something would always be wrong.

She did her best to look straight into the beautiful ruby eyes of the Russian princess, but nervousness made her eyes glance away for a second before focusing again, "It is nic-" she stopped herself quickly blushing before continuing, "honor to meet you, your highness." She slowly lifted her head up, blush still on her cheeks. "I am princess Aline Dubois, the third princess of France." she spoke softly, what did she have to say next? Her mind scrambled for a response, elegant and polite however nothing came up. She would have to make it up.

"I hope you're able to find comfort in France." she murmured quietly, she quickly took in a shaky breath, afraid. Oh goodness, did she mess up. Would the princess laugh at her? maybe she would. It would be alright... It would. She took her small courage and smiled at the princess before she moved toward the prince. She had honestly never talked to a prince before, other than her brother, occasional male tutors and guards.

She gave a similar curtsy once more, "It is a pleasure to meet you, your royal highness." she felt a small amount of pride for not messing up this time, slowly rising and giving him a sincere smile. "I am princess Aline Dubois, the third princess of France, I do hope you enjoy your stay." she quickly dipped her head to both the royals she had just greeted, she almost had headed for her seat however she slowly walked to her mother. She felt her head pound with blood.

Her feet get weak, she never had spoken much to her mother, however she still deeply loved her. She knew how much Arminda trained her to make sure she got how she used her mother's title. She curtsied to her mother, "Your highness, I have to tell you something." she whispered quietly. Afraid. Her eyes were complete full of love of her mother but fear as well.

Arminda Lavigne
Maid

Arminda walked the palace halls, she had missed Aline. All she hoped was she wouldn't make a fool out of herself, alone. She knew how alone that little princess was, compared to her two other siblings. She grumbled as she walked down the chambers of maids. As she walked around the maids chambers one in particular stood out to her, the one which was slightly left open, Mandarin was not one to pry however it was the room of Clarissa's mother, she sighed, she wondered if the lady was alright for a moment before knocking. No response. She knocked once more and no response. She opened the door to see the older woman asleep in bed.

However Arminda felt her blood go ice blood as soon as she realized the lady... Was no breathing she immediately ran to her neck to check her pulse, however she looked away her hands shaking when she was no longer part of this world. She knew that the woman was ambitious, she did not know her however she sent her prayers to god. She wanted to scream. But no, that would cause a scene. She needed to tell a guard. A guard.

Maybe the King, no, not right now. What were she to do? Her heart raced as sweat began clinging onto Arminda's forehead. She needed to find someone. her eyes were frantic, not confused but afraid for the kingdom. What if there was a killer. This had to be known immediately. Kolton! he was the son of the Captain, he could find him. Help her.

Where could he be? The young maid rushed as she lifted up her skirt as she ran softly around the castle looking for the guard.

Prince Leon of France

EtJyJEEJFyFh7Eo__4SHR7b3Ajrb2dcbHlBtAIjC0aSJTLuPjNDsCA1bstq_h1ByrrdPhorqjhzy9cDxpXqi6gYWQEeSCTo5JLRvG81UrJy6GDWGUy00KndfwxrPPaL5pWa9ntjqc3jTDALdxmpJaFisQYP-jYp_GWOdGeDVl7-T6NQOnqc22Y5H3g

Leon watched as Aline received the flower pin his father finally listened to him and did something nice for her. One of the nobles asked Leon why did he take a knee? Leon smiled "If I didn't show that I respect Princess Irina as my equal no one here would respect her. That small act will have her treated with respect by everyone except my father," he said with a slight chuckle. Leon wasn't a fan of dancing, he went and sat at the table picking off pieces of the meat then he noticed the nobles looking at Peyre "Grandfather, do you need a hand?" Before he could get a response they announced the Queen was entering it had been weeks, maybe months since the last time he saw his mother.

Leon stood swiftly to acknowledge the queen, she gave a short speech for the betrothed. Leon was in shock to see her he pulled her chair out and whispered a compliment in her ear. People began to whisper "She looks good for a woman who's gone mad" another person whispered, "I heard she doesn't even know her children's names." This bothered Leon however, he couldn't even remember the last time he hugged his mother or spoke with her for longer than five minutes. He turned his head wishing he could scream to Willow "HER HIGHNESS SHOWED UP! ITS MUMMY" but he kept his composure he'd talk to her about it later. Leon looked over to father who looked a tad bit pale, maybe he had too much wine.

Queen Alena of France

LiXZkjs-sAO7XhgGI6ykz52KzquYurufoA75CSWJXjEboGwvbUTnw1SiBmM49uOs7qVn-XVv2_uqJ96zXvdpM-wWiu20REnTJltF02Z2aA0KyCAE-C4otAGPZuSyIY2__KQwMzzScrrA5C3pcTRKLvDNAZ2g5KK0bqvR_SaKJiykMmBx9y6JC5c45g

Alena looked at the princess "Princess Alena pleasure, you look well... Speak freely," She whispered back. Many thoughts swarmed Alena's head was Aline going to ask her: Why she never leaves her chamber? or Why she never spends time with her? Alena rubbed her hands together and thought "What if she's asking to accompany me to church." the Queen smiled whatever it was Alena was happy Aline approached her.

King William of France

_Gb3Td1ZprTb2H-ydit-lmtNttA_fSGcx1Y4Q1ScJ37L2xNYzfDOHGsbAITRa8UP4itqmQo1KSJU7UsPX6axpX7-lQ_ULD5WUd9thdC-w57iI0eTbAoogQxMIc2_wA95fLg5-3PjFH06HcS2As77Cvj85DLU-xqPUKU4_rfwMwE3gWIaU6Wqu3ktWA

King William sat at the table coughing and drinking multiple cups of wine his throat was on fire and he started to feel light-headed. Just as he was about to step out for some air it was announced that the queen had arrived. William stood up the best that he could and thought to himself "For a woman whos been locked in her chambers for weeks she looks great." William watched as she motioned for the songbird to be escorted out, At that moment William realized his wife knew. He sat in his chair and continued to try and quench his thirst, his throat was so dry and burning it was hard for him to speak. He thought to himself "Have I been poisoned... but who would want to harm me." He didn't want to seem weak in front of the betrothed, he kept his composure he'd speak to Kolton and the doctor when the dinner was over.

Clarissa (Songbird)

sEzb_TtwcwNmJvNElPGfkMhcPXOg98Fg_-P0Y4qvdVeyyqAZdvxLRcVKMetfSsbsPYsaNb52VwOWEPP5ZTC1SPv3RndHfiLVy-AXumF8-cm36o2rp_-GB8WcTxMnL6_jKAJWcOH1S0yRKupyFi68RQCdboqmcQ1OMMjQQ8CGRFGXeXL0d8nagBlkMw

Clarissa stood in the corner staring at Irina, and thought to herself "I gave the wrong royal the tea." Right when she was about to sing another song it was announced that the Queen had arrived. To Clarissa's surprise the Queen looked good she gave a speech on how France was her home but, to Clarissa, she seemed more like a prisoner. To her surprise, the queen motioned for her to be removed from the room. Clarissa looked to the king who looked half dead instead of making a fuss she left without saying a word.

Clarissa went home to bury upon arrival she realized her door was open, Clarissa's eyes widened she'd had to act like she hadn't been home. She swiftly made her way to Leon's chamber where she would sit and think about what she would do. She could flee because the Queen knew about her affair, but she was pregnant with the king's male bastard which gave her leverage. Clarissa sat back and prepared for whatever she had to face.

Peyre bowed as the queen came in, and then quickly sat back down, but still at attention. He was glad everyone's attention was on her now. He didn't eat, because the queen might have orders.
A few moments later, he was proven right. The queen gestured for him to take the singer from the room, and he complied. He crossed the room as fast as possible and she walked away., trying to hurry. His job was going to be a lot harder. He tailed after Clarissa but wasn't running very fast due to his awkward armor. She speed-walked and was free of armor, so she walked faster. He then gave up, as he knew he couldn't catch up to the servant at that rate. He went to the dining hall and told the queen as such.
"What do you want me to do? I can't keep up." He whispered in the queen's ear, and then waited for her reply. He decided to observe the scene because really, he had nothing better to do. He noticed nothing out of the ordinary, yet.
Also, he hadn't heard Leon's hand joke, luckily for Leon. So Leon didn't receive a death glare.

Last edited:
Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
Dinner commenced soon after Prince Jackson from the UK entered the hall. To be honest, Irina couldn't wait for it, she was quite hungry herself. A servant showed her to her chair at the table, at the end. She looked at the seating of the others and noticed Prince Jack was seated right next to the king. Although slightly frustrated with the choice of seating, she let it go. Irina understood her position in this moment, and it wasn't one of much power since she's now playing in the opponent's territory.

Taking a seat at the end of the table, she watched at the servant's placed a many number of dishes onto the table. All of them looked delicious, don't get it wrong, it was jut different. She'd had a few dishes from French cuisine but she knew it was different from Russian dishes. Maybe if she got to live here full time, she'd ask around if it was possible to make food from her home country every once in a while, it would certainly help the homesickness a bit.

Before she got a chance to eat, she noticed the youngest princess come up to her. The princess greeted her, it warmed her heart that she made an attempt to talk to her even though Irina knew all too well her looks made her hard to approach. Once the young princess finished talking, Irina said in a gentle tone, "Princess Aline, thank you for the greeting. It's truly my honor to meet you too. I like your flower pin by the way, it looks perfect on you." She complimented the young girl and smiled slightly.

Once the princess went off, the smile dropped from Irina's face slowly. She really just wasn't used to smiling much, she never smiled much in her childhood unless her brother cracked a joke or pulled off of a prank. Picking up her knife and fork, she began to take bite of the food placed in front of her. And to her surprise, the food tasted much better than any French dish she had back in Russia. "The food is always much tastier in it's home country." She said quietly to herself as she took another bite.

Another thing caught Irina's eye, the people dancing on the dance floor. Sure she got dancing lessons as a young girl, but she never got to use them in a formal capacity. She'd practice with her brother, so she was quite a good dancer to most people's opinions, it's just that she never got to dance much. Looking at the happy couples dancing made her want to go out on the dance floor was well and dance to the rhythm of the music. But even if she did want to, she felt like asking Prince Leon would be too much of stretch and it seemed like none of the other royals were going to dance either. Still, she couldn't help but wanna try it out once.

Last edited:
Princess Willow Dubois of France
1664826956730.pngInteractions: Princess Aline

Willow squeezed her brothers hand in return when she felt Prince Jackson looking at her, causing her to glance down at him when he was bowing in respect of her father. She waited a few moments after her father told everyone it was time for them to eat before she went and sat at her spot, which was in between her sister and Prince Jackson. Once she sat down she looked over at her sister, who was approaching the princess of Russia. The princess was very beautiful and Willow decided that she wanted to get to know her better. Once Aline got back to her seat, Willow watched as she clutched the flower pin to her chest, a smile appearing on her lips. "That's a very pretty pin, Aline. What did you think of Princess Irina? Was she nice?" Once she finished talking she glanced around the table, and took note of everyone.

She was just about to ask the Prince Jackson a question when a guard announced that the Queen had arrived at dinner. Is mother really here? Willow thought to herself, and sure enough her mother came through the doors, a surprised look appeared on Willow's face as she made eye contact with Leon, she wanted to get up and run over to her mother and embrace her in a hug, and she almost did, but she realized that wouldnt be very proper. Willow also wanted to shout at Leon "LEON! MUMMY IS HERE!" But she also stopped herself from doing that. The Princess was overjoyed that her mother was out of her chamber and eating dinner with everyone. Without Willow noticing it, a huge smile appeared on her lips

Last edited:
Aline Dubois
Princess

Aline opened her mouth to tell her what she saw yesterday, however she decided to first chat with her mother as she hadn't done in a long time, mustering up a bright smile she looked into her mother's eyes, "How have you been mo-" she began, she shook her head lightly, "Your highness?" she asked, she would tell... What she had seen... in a bit, she wouldn't want to mention it immediately, "I am very glad to see you this evening, your highness, Arminda has been wanting to see you as well." she told the Queen, doing her best not to fidget around her mother. "Is your health well?" she asked, politely. How could she tell her mother about Clarissa and Father without... upsetting her much.

44294D6F-7F99-4E2E-B852-ECA50EB66F71.jpeg

Kolton Forrest
the guard

Despite being a formal member of the royal court as a guard and a personal advisor to many of the lords and ladies of the palace, Kolton’s table manners were nothing short of atrocious, much to the chagrin of the Captain and the king. The raven haired boy was currently shoveling spoonful after spoonful of the butternut squash soup that was being served as the first course down his throat, barely pausing to breathe between bites.

The king, on the side of the room reserved for nobles, had already gone through his fancy ol’ dinner speech and introduced the two guests, Princess Irina of Russia and Prince Jackson of England and now, it was time for him to eat. Later, he’d more than likely have to brief the new arrivals on their journey and ensure they were settling in well. It wasn’t his job, technically, but everyone preferred that Kol did it over the sniveling Lady Althea that was supposed to. It was nicer for everyone that way.

He wondered if Jack and Irina would be like the other nobles that had visited the palace before. Cold and arrogant, too above him to be worthy of a single word. He hoped not, there weren’t very many people his age in the castle and he could use friends where he could get them. Maybe he’d show them around, later. Break the ice a bit.

He’d always been fascinated by royal politics, by court scandals and the inner workings of a country. Growing up, he’d always tell his parents that he’d like to be king one day. It was why he got along so well with France’s current king, as gruff as he appeared he seemed to have a soft spot for Kol. Or at least less of a burning hatred for the guard than he did for the majority of the court.

The queen entered the room as Kolton spooned the last bit of soup into his mouth, and he made haste to stand and bow, as was customary as she made her way to the other side of the room. He’d always loved their queen, as soft and kind as she was. He was glad she decided to join them for dinner tonight.

“You know for someone who’s as low born as you,” Cam, a fellow guard a few years older than him started from besides him, nudging him with an elbow. “You seem so invested in what their doing.”

It was said with a grin, but Kol could feel the silent correction in the man’s tone.

“Yeah, Kol, you’re not planning on ditching us for those uptight pricks, are you?” Another voice spoke, laughter spilling out from everyone at the table, drawing a laugh from Kol at last.

“No, you’re right,” Kol said, shaking his head as his face flushed in embarrassment. “And c’mon guys, you can’t picture me as a royal, can you? I’m too much of a mess.”

Shaking his head once more, Kolton rose from the table and exited the room, hoping to take a moment to himself when Arminda came running down the hall, looking frantic.

“Arminda?” He asked, striding the meet the girl. “Are you alright?”

Arminda Lavigne
Maid

Arminda looked at the guard, she panted slightly as sweat was lightly on her forehead, she wiped the sweat away, when asked if she was alright she merely shook her head, "I apologize for bothering you Sir Kolton, but..." she hesitated before she took in a breath looking at him in the eyes, "I found a dead body in the castle, it appears to be... Lady Clarissa's mother... I believe she was poisoned." she swallowed, "I believe... The culprit is still in the castle, please warn the king, quickly. Their target maybe the King and Queen or the whole imperial family." she blurted out.

The brunette looked afraid in that moment, "Please tell the captain." she whispered, her grey eyes looking intently into Kolton's blue eyes. If she did not hurry... another person or people may fall to death. The fear of losing princess Aline hit her like a knife in her heart, she couldn't lose Aline or the queen. She clenched her fists. If she found the culprit... She would strangle them to death if they laid a hand of the royal family.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked, before Kolton could reply, she looked nervous, and you could see that the normally calm and mature maid of princess Aline had the face of someone her age, 18, worried and fearful.

QUEEN ALENA OF FRANCE
1665862315210.png
Interacts with Princess Aline

The queen motioned for Peyre to just go enjoy the party. She wanted to focus on Aline “I’ve been well, I’ll send for Arminda when I have some free time.” Alena reached out and touched Aline’s face “Call me mum, I’m sorry I haven’t been attentive but I do love you and your siblings “ she gently pushes Aline’s hair behind her ear and whispered, “Are your siblings well?” Alena was concerned about all her children however she felt that her previous interactions with them couldn't be fixed.

Prince Leon of France
7b073653cc28e6c87582c5951f7606b7.jpg

Interacts with Princess Willow

Leon walks over to Willow gently pinching her "Her Majesty, has blessed us with her presence," he said sarcastically. However, he was actually really excited he hadn't spent much time with his mother, and even being able to see her made him happy. Leon grabbed a glass of wine from a server and looked over at Irina, "Willow what do you think of her?" he thought she was beautiful but he was still nervous with a slight chuckle he said, "Don't tell her your ambidextrous, I'm not losing another girlfriend to you."

King William of France

_Gb3Td1ZprTb2H-ydit-lmtNttA_fSGcx1Y4Q1ScJ37L2xNYzfDOHGsbAITRa8UP4itqmQo1KSJU7UsPX6axpX7-lQ_ULD5WUd9thdC-w57iI0eTbAoogQxMIc2_wA95fLg5-3PjFH06HcS2As77Cvj85DLU-xqPUKU4_rfwMwE3gWIaU6Wqu3ktWA

Interacts with Princess Irina
Mentions Kolton

Willam began to choke harder gaining slight composure he walked over to Irina gently touching her shoulder and giving a smile "I pray your first child is a son, there are many princesses that would kill for your spot." The king coughed slightly " I pray for a fruitful womb," he then grabbed a cup of wine chugging it down listening to Irina's response he started looking around for Kolton. His chest began to burn, his skin started to look flushed, and his words began to slur. A lady in the crowd chucked "The king may have had too much wine."

Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
She continued to eat and enjoy the evening as some people came up to converse with her, some nobles wanting to get to know their future queen. But soon enough, she was alone again, but not for long. Unexpectedly the king came up to her, although her appearance looked like she thought nothing of it, in her head she was wondering what he was doing.

Once the king reached her table, Irina stood up immediately, showing manner towards him. "Of course. I'm well aware that many other's would do anything to be in this position and I'm sure the prince had a line of other prospects aside from myself." She responded. "I do as well, here's to hoping that the future king of France will have both me and your son's best traits." She agreed with him.

But a look of concern washed over Irina's face for a moment, the king was coughing and drinking. And in her experience that wasn't a good thing. She moved so that she would be beside the king. Putting an hand on his back and looking at him, she was with an air of concern. "Your grace, are you alright? I can have someone escort you back to your chambers and fetch a doctor?" He didn't look very good and she was a bit concerned.

Peyre wanted to duck out of the party badly, so he decided to ask Leon if he could go to the library and back. More than ever, he wanted to crack open a good book. He couldn't dance well, he was bored and he figured the party would end soon. Because, if he was being honest with himself, he was socially tired. He walked over to his gauntlets and picked them up, putting them back on and quickly went back to Leon to wait for his response.

King William of France
2f6803bc4ccbdbed966124b3ea3d07ae.jpg

King William attempted to respond to Irina but no words came out his chest pain became intolerable. He looked around for Kolton or one of the other guards he trusted when his coughing intensified and he began to stumble and muttered out “Leana” as he looked at Irina. People started to panic as the king fell to his knees grabbing his chest and took his last breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back